Demon Society

ExoGrim

Enter Jack the Ripper: London's Biggest Criminal… And Demon

The man slowly trotted through the streets. It was the dark of night. He looked behind him, to make sure he wasn’t being follow. He let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he would be hung if he was caught by the police. What he didn’t know was that someone far worse than the cops, or his boss, was on his tail.

Jack yawned as he peered down from the roof, “Hey, Gemma, how long do you think ‘til he notices?” He said through the microphone in his ear.

“I’d say when it’s too late,” Gemma said from the other end, sipping his tea, “Who knows. He could have seen you already.”

“Ha ha, very funny ya bastard. Now let’s get down to business.” Jack jumped down from the building, preparing his attack, “Spiral Piercing!” Jack spun at great speed, before dashing through the man, his knife going through him.

The man fell, blood flowing through the man-sized hole in his chest, “You know we needed him alive, Jack.”

“But what’s the fun in that,” Jack remarked, “Besides we needed him to find the boss that’s right here.”

“Your Victorian days are starting to show.”

“How many times do I have to say that it wasn’t my fault!” Jack snapped, “How else was I supposed to find a changeling succubus?”

“I’m sure killing every prostitute I see wouldn’t have been my first choice. But that’s just me.”

At that moment, Jack’s phone rang, “Hold on,” The address was an American one, “Who the hell would be calling me from the US?”

When he answered the phone, the surprised was pleasant, “Is this Jack?”

Jack chuckled, “Diablo. To what do I owe you this pleasure?”

“I need your help. I’m in Seattle right now and have an issue that I can’t solve myself.”

“Is this issue called Dervish by any chance?” Jack inquired.

Diablo was dumbstruck, “How did you know?”

“I’ve been up to date news wise, thanks to a new friend. The crazy things happening there only mean Oni’s being bad again… And Dervish got a new contract. I know that guy from the back of my hand. Too bad I’m in London right now.”

“Are you saying you can’t just sneak into a plane like you did last time?” Diablo challenged.

“Well, Gemma isn’t keen on my ‘fuck the rules’ ideals. So getting him on the plane illegally is going to be a challenge,” Jack said, “But I have a feeling I’m not going to fight Dervish, aren’t I.”

“Considering that your 360 Degree Defense Circle is useless against him, I was thinking you could train a few low tiers who might be able to stop.” Diablo suggested.

“Can you tell me what they are?” Jack inquired was more.

“A succubus, a Wisp and a revenant.” Diablo answered.

Jack sighed in frustration, than said is good byes and hung up, “And I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with another succubus. Hey, Gemma, did you get all that?”

“A Wisp and a revenant! I’m going to have a field day with those two!”

“Remember, we’re training them, not killing them. So no dismantling!” Jack immediately shut his fantasy down, knowing what he would’ve done otherwise.

“Fine. You always have to ruin the fun.” Gemma muttered.

“Anyway, time to sneak onto a plane I guess.” Jack said as he dashed to the nearest airport.

ExoGrim

New Workers: Fresh from London

ExoGrim as The Grand Elder, Jack and Gemma

Smallelvenprince as Dollie

Dollie happened to be at a restaurant by the airport, deciding to get take out for the night, when she noticed a figure sneaking off of the plane outside. She ducked out, deciding to follow for a bit to see who it was.

“Dammit Jack!” Gemma exclaimed as they exited the airport, “Why didn’t you tell me you didn’t know where the HQ was?!”

Jack sighed, “I thought you would be able to find it, Diablo said it was made from pure Titanium.”

“And so is the military base nearby! Finding the place is going to take forever!”

Dollie could then notice they were a little, off, per se. “You guys need help finding somewhere?” She asked.

“Oh, um, yes we do,” Jack said, noticing Dollie walking up, “We’re looking for a place called the Demon Society. Have you heard of that?”

“Heard of it? I'm a member!” She chirped, “Follow me, I'll take you.” Dollie said, gesturing the pair to follow.

Gemma pulled Jack aside, “Are you sure we can trust her? For all we know, she could be an enemy of the Society and trying to kill us.”

Jack shrugged, “She may be a succubus, but something seems, friendly about her, something I don’t get from other succubi. I say we follow her.”

“You two can relax, I’m a healer anyway, not really into hurting people.” Dollie chimed in, “Now, we going to HQ or what?” She added with a girlish giggle.

“Okay fine,” Gemma said, putting his metal needle in his mouth, “But don’t thing this means I trust you.”

As they walked over to the HQ, Jack whispered to Dollie, “Don’t mind him. He’s always had trust issues.”

“Can't blame him, not many people wanna trust me anyway.” Dollie shrugged, seeming nonchalant about it.

When they got to the entrance, Jack said, “Now that I think about it, My name’s Jack. This is my partner Gemma. We kind of just got here from London.”

“You wouldn't happen to be Jack the Ripper, would you?” Dollie inquired, an odd excitement in her eyes.

“Bloody, bloody Jack the Ripper. That’s me alright. Though when you have to kill a changeling succubus, things kind of happen.” Jack said, rubbing the back of his head.

Dollie just kept smiling, squealing a little bit before saying, “That's so cool!!”

Jack stood there for a second, “Do you know of a Wisp that is separated between four masks, instead of two?”

“Yeah, it’s a friend of mine. Why?”

“What do you know, she is here,” Gemma said, “And I thought you were trying to pull my leg.”

“When have I ever tried to joke to you about her, of all things?”

“Who is this ‘she’, if I may ask?” Dollie said curiously.

“Oh, just the notorious Bloody Mary. I dated her for a bit and kind of wanted to see her again,” Jack chuckled, “I’m going to enjoy playing with her now more than ever.”

“Oh my… That’s somethin’ I didn't know ‘bout ol’ switchy.” Dollie giggled a little, “Funny, its disguise is male… never would've guessed.”

Then a blade connected with Jack, his chef’s knife blocking the blow completely, “I’m sorry, was that supposed to do something?”

“I should have known they’d bring in the mighty Jack the Ripper,” The man said, constantly attacking at Jack as he walked out of the entryway, “Let’s see how the 360 Degree Defencive Circle holds against constant assault!”

Dollie equipped her bow from her bracelet, aiming at the attacker and firing to miss, “That’s your warning shot. Leave.”

Gemma lowered Dollie’s bow, “Don’t just interrupt a high level battle. Just watch and let Jack show you what he’s capable of… okay?”

Dollie sighed, “If you insist, but the moment something goes bad I’m stepping in.” She said to Gemma, recharming her bow.

Jack merely stood there with coy, “360 degrees isn’t a bluff you know. No matter where you strike, I block it immediately.”

“Then I’ll have to attack from all angles!” the man yelled, “Multiple Stinger!” Several copies of his blade formed around Jack and stabbed at him. Jack, however, had enough tenacity to form a barrier around himself, blocking every blade.

Dollie watched in awe, following all of Jack’s movements visually as best she could.

“Yep, that’s Jack for ya. Always waiting for his opponent to make the first mistake.” Gemma said, noticing Dollie’s fascination.

“I wish I could do that…” Dollie breathed in amazement, not taking her eyes off of Jack for a second.

As Jack was standing in a hole full of blades, giving his usual glee smirk, “I wouldn’t waste that much energy if I were you. Things could get really ugly.”

“Shut up!” The man yelled, “Full Speed Strike!” The man dashed in front of Jack, attacking at full power.

Jack touched the blade with his knife and said, “Counter Measure.” The Blade broke and the man’s arm was decimated, “Everyone always forgets about the counter. That’s what they get for underestimating an defencive fighting style.”

Dollie stepped back on the attacker’s arm being so badly damaged, joking to Jack, “Remind me to never piss you off…”

“It’s not you pissing me off when that happens,” Jack replied, “This kind of thing that happens when I piss you off.”

“Still, I don’t wanna end up like that guy’s arm.”

“Actually, he’s trash if he can’t aggro his opponent into using their strongest attack,” Gemma added in, “Now that that’s over, we need to see the Grand Elder. I think Diablo’s going to kill us if we’re even later than we are now.”

“Then follow me, I’ll show you where he usually meets us.” Dollie said, leading them to the Grand Elder’s chamber. “Heyyyy your majesty! I brought you some guests!” She called out to him.

The Grand Elder stepped out of his office, “Ah, Jack. It seems you made it in one piece. And this must be your friend you were talking about. Nice to meet you.”

Gemma merely shrugged, “When do we get to training the rookies?”

Dollie then asked, “Should I leave you to your conversing?”

“Actually,” The Grand Elder said, “How about I explain what’s going on. Jack and Gemma are here to train you, Wisp and T.D.”

Dollie almost fainted, having her knees buckle a bit, “You’re serious?!” She asked in excitement.

“Oh, so you’re the Succubus that Diablo here want to have trained?” Jack said with extreme coy, “I never thought I’d be teaching a fangirl before. Just try and stay serious and not pass out on me.”

Gemma grunted, “Figures.”

“I can do that!” Dollie squeaked, trying to not spazz out too hard.

“Good! Could you grab the other too and prepare for training?” Jack said as he quickly polished his knife, “And just a warning, me and Gemma aren’t going to easy on you, got that?”

“Yes sir!” Dollie answered, scampering off to gather Wisp and T.D..

Black0ut

Business Only

Black0ut as the flirty T.D.

Smallelvenprince as the shy Dollie

Dollie just walked out of a follow up visit from Shela’s office, not even paying attention to her surroundings as she passed by a certain revenant.*

“Hey, Dollie. I see you've been going to my favorite hypnotist. How are you feeling?” A young man of twenty with ebony hair, and black eyes, wearing jeans and a skull t-shirt, asked, his voice a very soft tone, not the gravelly version he generally used.*

Dollie jumped slightly, looking over at the young man, “T.D.? Is that you?” She asked, tilting her head at him.*

“Yes, it's me. Are you so familiar with how I looked as an old man, that you don't recognize me when I look young?” The undead asked, raising an eyebrow.*

“I’ve just never seen it before is all… it’s different, but I could get used to it…~” Dollie said in a lowkey flirtatious tone, giggling a little. *

Unknown to Dollie, T.D.’s true eyes turned pink for a brief moment. “U-umm… l-let's talk about your visit to the hypno-doctor. What happened?” The undead asked, hoping to switch topics so he didn't get embarrassed, again.*

“Well… That was a trip if I ever had one…” Dollie started, “And, to be honest, some of it was kinda terrifying…”*

T.D. nodded, concern on his face. “I apologize if this particular method hurt you, in any way, shape, or form. Are you ok?”*

“Yeah, it’s something I needed to know about sooner or later…” Dollie then softened her voice to a whisper, “I just didn’t think I was capable of all that bloodshed…”*

T.D. put an arm on Dollie’s shoulder, as he replied with, “It can't be too bad. I mean, I was a terror in the middle ages, so whatever it is, tell me. I can try to help. ” The undead offered, a smile on his face.*

“It’s weird though… the memory I got today was from just before when I first remember, and there was a revenant that looked a lot like you…” Dollie mumbled to seemingly herself.*

“Intriguing… A Revenant like me? That'd be pretty interesting to encounter.” The undead mused to himself, losing himself in his thoughts.*

Dollie nodded, “For some reason he called me Lydia, but I s’pose that’s because I later changed my name… I remember because I felt a bit like his doll, the way he took care of me.” She shrugged, “Just… how someone could treat me so kindly after I decimated an entire village in a night, when none of them were even armed with anything more than possibly a pitchfork… I didn’t deserve what he did for me. I kinda feel like I don’t deserve the new lease on life I got…” She shook her head, looking down. *

“Sounds like a kind guy. Sounds like one of those old heroes, from their crypt, took care of you.” T.D. stated, some nervousness creeping into his voice.*

Dollie took notice, “What’s wrong?”*

“Nothing,” T.D. lied, putting his hands in his coat. “Just seems like a decent guy took care of you.”*

“At least he told me his name… it was actually a really cute name…” Dollie tried to hide a blush and giggle, burying her face in her hands. “Mathias… I don’t think I’ll ever forget that one again.”*

Ah, shit. “Sounds like a decent guy. If he hadn't taken care of you, it sounds like things would've ended badly for you, Dollie.” The undead replied, as he raised a hand to his chin.*

“Especially since the guard of the area were on my tail after… and I was not conscious much of that chase…” The succubus admitted, clueless that her saviour of the time was right in front of her.*

“Well, it's good that you got out of a bad situation, but I'm a bit worried that you're confusing me with someone else. Do you… need me to keep an eye on you for today?” T.D. asked, glad that the succubus didn't know his first name.*

“I kinda don’t wanna be alone after knowing what I did…” Dollie said in a barely audible volume, it being her turn to be nervous.

“Alright, it's settled then. I'll make sure no one hurt, and that you don’t hurt anyone. And I'll be nearby if you want talk. Just call for me, ok?” T.D. asked softly, trying not to upset Dollie further.*

Dollie nodded, giving T.D. a somewhat hesitant hug, mostly because she was unsure if she should or not. *

T.D. blushed, looking away for a moment, before returning the hug. After a moment, he teleported behind her, “I’ll… go clear some things up with a few people, so I can watch over you.”*

Dollie nodded once more, her human disguise suddenly giving way to her more demonish form, horns appearing along with her eye whites going black, and most different was the lower half of her legs becoming more ram like. “S-shit…”*

T.D. facial expression didn't change, merely a smile grew on his face. “What’s the issue? I see nothing wrong with you. You look lovely as ever.”*

Dollie’s face grew noticeably red, making a small ram-like sound in response as she shook a bit. And yes, the sound was adorable.*

T.D. smile grew even larger, “That was so cute. And you're blushing...it seems I managed to embarrass you. You’re so adorable when you're flustered…” The undead teased, putting an a hand on her shoulder.*

The succubus sunk to her knees unwittingly, squeaking on the way down, “It’s not cute, noooooooooo…”

T.D. chuckled, picking up the succubus, as he began walking towards the entrance of D.S. “It's so cute, that I can't stop smiling. I think seeing you like this is a fresh reminder, that you're not invincible to everything. Makes you incredibly adorable.” The undead remarked, a big smile on his face.

“It’s not cute dammit… where are we going?”*

“If you keep denying it, then I suppose I'll have to...well, return to the living for a day. Do you like Italian?” T.D. flirted, as he teleported to a tomb of sorts, setting Dollie down on a wooden chair. He then went over and grabbed a book and seemed to write in it before pouring it down.*

“I do, and why would you return to the living if I keep saying the noise I made wasn’t cute?” Dollie asked, tilting her head.*

“Well, perhaps I want to have a dinner with you? To discuss some important matters, of course.” T.D. said, winking at her, before picking her up and returning to Demon Society Headquarters.*

Dollie blushed once more, she was used to being the one flirting, not being flirted with… nor was she used to someone picking her up so much. “I- o-okay!”*

T.D. grinned, setting her down and crossing his arms. “Is Saturday, at six o'clock, sound ok?” He asked gently.*

Dollie nodded, smiling a little and blushing like a schoolgirl around her senpai.

“Ok. I'll keep an eye out for you today, and I'll see you on Saturday, beautiful.” T.D. said, giving Dollie a wink before teleporting away.*

Black0ut

Caution is Advised: Gemma on Patrol

ExoGrim as Gemma and Jack

Black0ut as T.D. and Shade

Gemma trotted along the empty hallways, bored out of his mind, what am I supposed to do without my workshop? There’s no facilities here to toy with.*

A young man of twenty, with ebony hair, and matching eyes, followed him. He wore a black leather jacket with a skull painted on the front, as well as the back. He also had black jeans, with the knee cap area shredded on both sides.*

Gemma turned to the man, putting his metal needle in his mouth, “What do you want?”*

The undead laughed, as he raised his hands up. “I want to talk with you, Ew blod.” The undead said in a garbled tone.*

“I don’t have the time. I have to find some rookie by the name of T.D.” Gemma ranted, “Have you seen the bastard, since ya both are revenants.”*

T.D. teleported behind the man, yawning slightly, “Well, let's say I lead you to him? What are you gonna do to him, when you find him?” The undead asked, a slight smile on his face.*

“Just a friendly word of advice,” Gemma said, “When you’re trying to be someone you’re not… don’t get offended by insults directed towards you and not the person you’re trying to be.”*

“Who said I was pretending to be anyone? I just like messing with people. Besides, I'm the only Revenant here, so… saying there's two of us in D.S. let me know that you knew who I am.” T.D. responded grabbing a book out of his pocket, and began reading.*

“Well, in any case, you better get ready rookie. You’re going to be training and me and Jack are going to be your teachers.” Gemma said as he polished his needle.*

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but while i appreciate the offer, I'm neither a rookie, nor do I need your training.” The undead stated, as he began walking away from the man.*

“Diablo sees things differently. And to be bluntly honest, I’ve seen better in London. I’ve actually fought people who were capable of touching Dervish. According to the documentations handed to me, you couldn’t even try.”*

The illusion faded as the undead’s eyes burned a blood-red glow. “Heh… Heh...I'm going to give you one chance to apologize, before I take that head of yours with me as a trophy.” The undead stated, as he grinned evilly, unsheathing his God-blessed sword.*

“I really didn’t want to do this, but…” Gemma placed his hand on T.D. and said, “Magnet Blast!” the shockwave sent T.D. flying several feet forward and land prone. “If you insist on fighting me, you’re doing so under a mild disadvantage. One I can easily exploit.”*

“I guess I'll up the ante.” T.D. took his armor off, letting it drop into the floor, as if it almost entirely disappeared. “Magnets, eh? Then the only weapon I can use is this sword, as I think you don't want to piss off a few gods and goddesses, by tampering with a weapon they created.” The undead stated, before disappearing.*

“And that’s where you’re wrong,” He said as he pulled T.D. in using his blade as leverage. He socked T.D. in the jaw, sending the undead back a few feet, “The Gods that made your weapon are one’s I’m already aligned with. They do not see my tactics as a violation of their will, but rather and way of proving that they have crafted a fine weapon. In the end, however, even the armor of the God of War himself would kneel before me. I’ll give them credit for making it harder than their previous items though.”*

T.D. cackled, as he impaled the ground with his sword. His skull changed from its usual white to a pitch black. “I guess I'll shatter your skull then. Pity. Perhaps I'll get your remains cremated then.” The undead spoke, disappearing as a large tornado filled the hallway.*

“Overestimating my power, but underestimating my skill. I’ve noticed that’s happened a lot when I fight,” Gemma said as he took the punches, “You may have removed your armor, but there’s a reason I carry this around,” Gemma bit down on his needle, “Shard Scatter!” His needle split into an endless number of copies that scatter in every direction, “Everyone has a limit on how much they can dodge, I’m about to find your’s”*

“Then, let me sharpen my fingers, hmm? I'd love to shed some of your blood!” The tornado moved quickly to the impaled sword and a horrible grating noise echoed throughout the corridor, as a maniacal laugh sounded the end of T.D.’s self control. The tornado zoomed back to Gemma, as razor sharp bones slashed at him.*

Gemma sighed, “And then you go and ruin everything,” He pointed his finger to the ground and stopped T.D. in his tracks, his hands now stuck in the ground, “Why do you bloody people always forget that by sharpening something on metal, you’ve just put metal fragments into the object? Now I have control over your hands for the next year or two. Three if you never shower.”*

Ripping apart his hands, T.D. pulled his hands out of the ground. “Guess I should have expected as much. Ready for round 2?” The undead warrior asked, as he swung his jagged remains of his hands.

An ethereal dagger parried the blows, “Stop this, M. It’s a pointless battle to wage, when both of you are on the same side.” A woman with a veiled hood over her head with a flowing robe accompanying the hood. Intricate runes covered her body, or rather lack of one, as her entire body was see-through.*

“Hey Shade,” Jack said as he walked in, “Didn’t you promise me that the little rookie you call ‘master’ wasn’t going to pick a fight with Gemma while I let him roam.”*

“It would seem Gemma decided to pick a fight with T.D., and both of them decided to go at it like a couple of dumbasses. Jack, as effectively my equal in this situation, watching over a particular person of interest, let's make these two painfully aware of the consequences of being morons.” She asked, a small smile on her face.*

“That honestly depends on whether or not T.D. would swing at me. Since I can only do the most damage if my target attacks first. Not that I would kill him.” Jack said, preparing his chef’s knife for countering.*

“No maiming, Jack.” Shade giggled, “We want to teach them a lesson, not leave them nearly dead. Can you please do that for me?”*

“Well, I do have one spell that could work, but I’m not sure how effective it is on undead,” Jack replied, Here, I’ll show you.” He clap his hands together and looked directly at Gemma, “Time Torture.” Then Gemma’s pupil faded and he fell to the ground, “It’s an illusion spell that forces someone to relive every horrible piece of their history. From death to betrayal, they see every sin they’ve seen or committed.”*

“It'll work. And it'll be effective on him, given his many, many crimes.”

“I won’t be subdued!” T.D. roared, before his head was severed by many daggers. “Well, Shit.” T.D. coughed up a few drops of blood.

“It’d be best to do it now, my darling Jack.” Shade advised, as her clones retracted into herself. *

“Funny how he nearly dies to losing his kneecaps, but decapitation does jack-diddly-shit to him… anyway.” Jack said as he prepared the spell, “Time Torture.”*

“Well, he pretty much went the speed of light with a heavy piece of armor, I'm surprised he didn't outright kill himself. That and he ran at such a fast speed, his legs turned into dust.” Shade said, a mischievous grin on her face, “But enough about him, Jack, what have you been up to? “ Shade glided over to Jack, leaning in close towards him.*

“I actually was on my way to see Winter,” Jack said solemnly, “She’s a distant relative and I wanted to make sure she was okay. It’s also the main reason I’m helping Diablo, to get payback on that damn son of a bitch Dervish.”*

“I'm sorry, I didn't know, Jack. I grabbed some angels and an Avatar for the coming fight.” Shade replied sadly, grabbing his hand, “I've missed you, my handsome Ripper.”*

“Well, my apologies, but last I checked, we haven’t actually dated yet. So you're sweet ‘please fuck me’ voice is kind of going in one ear and out the other. Can you try a little harder?”*

Several cuts appeared on Jack’s feet, as Shade faded away. “Asshole… I remember now why you can't get a girlfriend. Your charming personality just screams ‘I'm an egotistical, monumental bastard, who hasn’t had a date in centuries’. Well, how about you go back to whatever hellhole, tie a rope around your neck, and shut the fuck up?” T.D.’s body then faded away as well.*

“Funny. I could’ve sworn she said that the last time I pissed her off,” Jack muttered as he picked up Gemma, “When will she realize that I’m just playing hard to get.”

Let The Training Begin!

ExoGrim as Winter, The Grand Elder, Jack and Gemma

Frostlich1228 as Wisp

Black0ut as T.D. and Shade

Jack sat in his chair in the training room. He tried his best to be patient, with everyone being late. He pulled out his pocket watch, seeing how late it was. How long does it take to find a floating ball of metal?

Gemma said, “Do you really thing he’ll show up? After all that happened yesterday?”

The orb slowly floated into the room, looking around curiously before locking onto Jack and Gemma. Who’re you?

“The name’s Jack, you may know me as Jack the Ripper, but that’s not the point,” Jack said, “And this is my partner Gemma.”

Nice to meet you! Now, why did you call me here?

“Training, what else?” Jack said nonchalantly, “Anyways, we need to wait for T.D and Dollie.”

“I’ve been here for a while… I’m a bit surprised you haven’t noticed me.” A young man with pitch-black hair with matching eyes stated, a look of boredom on his face.

It was then Dollie’s turn to enter, “Sorry I’m late, I got caught up in some things…” She apologized, doing a small, little bow of respect to Jack.

“Great, everyone’s here.” Jack clapped his hands together, “Now I’m sure Diablo already told you all why you’re here. Just to clarify a major misunderstanding, you’re all rookies. Deal with it.”

“Says you. I was doing fine by myself, living happily in retirement before I got called back. Besides, we already established that you, Jack, are stronger than me. Your partner, however, is a bit lackluster. I’m not sure why you decided to bring him along.” The undead argued, as he grabbed a book out of nowhere and began reading it.

“First, I don’t say, Diablo say. I wouldn’t have problem with you being mid-tier.” Jack replied, “As for Gemma, I need him for one of the later lessons I’ll be teaching you.”

“Fine then… I’ll participate.” The undead grumbled, teleporting over to a chair and proceeding to sit down.

Dollie sat next to T.D., then asking Jack, “What exactly are you gonna be teaching us?”

“Special Attacks,” Jack quickly replied, “You can’t go around without some special attack unique to your fighting style. Do you need further explanation?”

“Probably,” Gemma remarked, “She ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.”

“And do I need to smack you?! I have a pimp hand for a reason!” Jack snapped.

What is a… Pimp? Wisp turned, asking Dollie.

“A pimp is… someone in charge of people, we will put it that way.” Dollie answered, trying to not corrupt the innocence part of Wisp in the process. “Also, I didn’t need much further explanation, Gemma.” She hissed.

T.D. teleported to the soul core, “Actually, Wisp, it’s a bad term for a man who uses people to get more money. And that’s the polite term.” The undead elaborated, winking at the Soul Core before turning towards Gemma. “Jack… thank you. You’re successfully avoiding another clash between Gemma and I.”

“Um… you’re welcome, I guess,” Jack confusingly said, “Can I get to demonstrating now?”

Dollie walks over to T.D., smacking him upside the head and whispering to him, “Don’t corrupt it! That’s the last thing we need, T.D.!”

“Why not? It’s fun corrupting people. Besides, it only took a small amount of time for me to make you blush. I think corrupting Wisp is a very fun activity to participate in. I also need to get back at him for taking my arm and leg.” T.D. yawned, grabbing a small photo, “You may want this. It’s when you were looking adorable.”

“Okay, enough of the corrupting… that’s my job.” Jack said, getting in between everyone, “And I need to start the demonstration, if you’re all done.”

Yes, if the undead tries to corrupt any of us again, I’ll deal with him… Wisp replied aggressively.

Dollie then takes the photo from T.D., muttering “You clod… You’re cute but you’re still a freakin’ clod…”

“And I thought I was the only one flirting with an undead…” Jack muttered under his breath, then said, “Right, can I have a volunteer?”

Dollie raised her hand a little, “I’ll do it!”

“alrIght then, attack me.”

Dollie backed up a bit, equipping and drawing her bow before firing a shot at Jack.

Jack hit the shot, “Counter Measure,” and the arrow shot right back at Dollie, going through her knee, “I’m sure you can fix that.”

Miss Dollie! What’s the matter with you?! I thought this was just training!

T.D. unsheathed his sword, his illusionary form dissolving into his true form. “Wisp...temporary truce. Let’s show him why it unwise to hurt our friends…” The undead offered, his eyes glowing blood-red.

“Hey, she’s the one who volunteered, it ain’t my fault she’s wasn’t expecting a proper demonstration,” Jack said, pulling out his stop watch, “But if you insist on fighting me head on, knock yourselves out.”

Fine… I’ll show you what a soul core can do… Wisp said, preparing to attack.

T.D. teleported, seemingly disappearing.

“Blizzard Shot!” A familiar voice shouted from the distance. The shot froze T.D. in place, denying him his attack, “How come everytime I leave you two alone, you find some way to cause trouble?”

The room seemed to darken, as a feminine voice spoke, “Jack… why are you fighting? I thought we had an agreement...I don’t attack your protegé, and you leave T.D. alone… So, Jack. Tell me...why are you about to break our agreement? It better be a damn good reason…”

“You know I always go with the flow,” Jack said, “They wanted to fight, so I let them fight. Not my fault they choose me as their target.”

Winter sighed, “To think this is my great uncle.”

“Agreed. He’s acting like a child. Jack… Once you finish this lesson, without any more injuries, we’ll have… a talk.” Shade said, pure rage in her voice.

“... Guys, I’m completely fine.” Dollie said, now standing with now a circle shaped scar in her knee. She then pulled both T.D. and Wisp away from Jack, “You two need to calm down, I’m perfectly capable of taking care of an energy arrow to the knee.”

“Can we get onto helping them learn their fighting styles so they can gain special attack?” Gemma said, “Since little miss “cat nap for days” is up, she can help us.”

But… I already have special attacks! Wisp replied.

“As do I. I even have special attacks as a human, whenever I’m returned to the living. As our girl stated, we do need to learn more. As it stands, Wisp, you and I are Mid-tier, Dollie is low-tier, and Winter is a category of her own.” The undead explained.

“Then I guess I’ll teach her later, we have to move on,” Jack said, looking at Gemma, “Good news is, we don’t need a volunteer this time… ready?”

“Alright then,” Gemma said as he throw his needle in the air, “Shard Scatter!” The needles were all focused on Jack.

Jack prepared his next step, “360 Degree Deflection.”

Then they said in unison, “Synchronized Attack: 360 Degree Offencive Stab!” The shards bursted from Jack, piercing through all the holograms placed around them.

One of the extra shards hits square into Dollie’s chest, causing her to collapse and start coughing up blood.

Jack and Winter started to panic, both rushing over, while Jack constantly exclaimed, “Fuck, fuck, fuck , fuck!”

“How the hell could you not tell that she was still in range!” Winter snapped, “For a high-tier Demon, you’re a complete retard!”

No! Wisp said as it quickly floated over, lowering itself next to her, Miss Dollie please don’t die! Please!

T.D.’s skull turned black, as his armor fell off. He disappeared, running out the room’s door.

Shade lowered down from the ceiling, as she began to split into four. The four wraiths pressed their hands against the wound, and a purple colored mist rose from the wound. The wound began healing and the metal shard popped out. “She should be ok, although I did have to drain part of her soul for it to work.” Shade said tiredly, turning to Jack, her expression turned rageful, “Jack. We. Are. Going. To. Have. A. Talk. NOW!” The wraith, then grabbed the Hunter, and faded away, taking Jack with her.

Gemma put his needle back in his mouth, “Well, someone is about to have a bad time. In the meantime, The three of you need to practice your special attacks and find ones that could be used as synchronized attacks. I’ll train the young one when she recovers.”

So… She’ll be okay, right? Wisp asked, looking back and forth from Dollie and Gemma.

The undead put a hand on the Soul Core. “Yeah. If Shade said she healed her, she’s healed. But her soul is no longer a full one. She’s more like us now, Wispy. Although, she’ll have a hell of a headache. Probably best to be a bit quiet when she wakes.”

Winter grabbed T.D. and Wisp, freezing her hands to them, “We have work to do, no time to stay here.” She dragged them out of the room.

“What a strange unit… Oh well,” Gemma said as he grabbed Dollie and went to put her in her bed.

Frostlich1228

Frostlich1228 & SmallElvenPrince
"Conflict"

Demon Society HQ
0800 Hours

Wisp floated over Dollie as she slept in her bed, not moving or speaking at all. This was a new feeling for the soul core it hadn’t really experienced before, so much worry, for someone who had been healed and should be fine. Wisp wasn’t aware if other cores had experienced this, but it felt completely alien and yet… somehow so familiar.

Dollie softly stirred, not awake quite yet as she mumbled something. She then began to shake, almost as if she were nervous. Just as suddenly as the shaking had begun, a moment later she bolted up in a cold sweat, panting and clutching the covers.

M-Miss… Dollie? Are you… Okay?

“Y-yeah… just a bad dream.” Dollie responded, burying her head in her hands as she sat criss-cross on the bed.

I was up all night… I knew you would be okay… But I still felt the urge…

“It’s okay, it’s normal to worry, Wisp… o-or is it? I don’t know much about the emotion thing to be honest with you…” She admitted, lying back down and curling up a bit.

Worry? I don’t believe any other Wisp has that emotion… Certainly not me… So why… Do I feel it?

“Maybe you’re becoming whole again all by yourself?”

I… I’m… I… We’reButI… Wisp said slowly, starting to shake.

“Calm down, it may not be such a bad thing. It could be a new chance for you, a new experience entirely even! Even if it isn’t the case, I’ll help you with it the best I can, sound good?”

No no no no… I don’t… Want to be… bad again… No… I want to find… my alpha… I want this… But all our… my work… done so much… can’t go back… Shut up! I want to be human again! Wisp started shaking more violently.

“Innocence, Sadness, you won’t be bad again at this point. Anger, Deceit, it will all be okay. You’ll get to be human again. You all won’t be evil again, you’ll just be yourself… the good version, anyway.” Dollie tried to assure it, addressing each mask separately.

But how do you know that…? The alpha has so much badness in it… Not us… Not anymore… If we don’t try we’ll never be whole again! What are we redeeming ourselves for then? We have to do this… NO! NO NO NO!

Dollie sat up, swivelling Innocence to her, “I will make sure you aren’t bad again, okay? I promise, even if it takes a lot of work.” She said softly, gently petting the side of the mask, like she was calming a child.

Can’t promise that… Creator doesn’t- All of a sudden Wisp fell, his metal shell clanking against the floor loudly.

Dollie sat there astonished, “Wisp?!”*

Wisp slowly started to spin after a few moments, raising from the ground slowly. I’m okay… We suffered an error… We try not to mention what our… You know… We have to be one… Or the core can’t sustain itself… Bad things happen when we fight…

“Oh… I’m sorry…”

It’s okay Miss Dollie… Most wisp’s don’t go through this… Most wisps only have one or two personalities… We have four… So we can end up disagreeing… But it doesn’t happen often… Wisp explained.

“Well, the not happening often is good…” Dollie smiled softly, gently pulling Wisp over to hover on part of the bed, then hugging each mask gently… whether it was accepted well or not.

Thank you… It spoke softly, it’s voices slightly echoing in her ears.

“You’re all very welcome…”

Black0ut

A Date with Death.

Black0ut as T.D./Matthias

smallelvenprince as Dollie/Lydia

Dollie had softly awoken from her slumber, but not opened her eyes yet as she turned onto her other side. After a few minutes of being unable to get comfortable again, she opened her eyes with a small groan, squeaking and jumping up upon unexpectedly seeing T.D..*

The undead’s eyes had no light, as if he was not conscious, his mere presence like a bad omen. He sat in a chair, with his typical guise down.*

Dollie gave a slight grin, quietly going over and sitting on his lap before cooing to him in a lowish tone, “Good morning, sleepy head~”*

The light in the undead’s eyes returned slowly, as big white orbs, almost as if he were groggy. Upon seeing the succubus, his eyes turned a bright pink. “U-uh… Hey, D-dollie! How are you feeling?”*

“A lot better knowing you’re here~”*

T.D.’s eyes flickered, as he stammered, “W-well, that’s good. U-um...I...um...was, er, worried about you. And, uh...decided to stand guard for a night.”*

“Well, aren’t you a sweetheart~!” The succubus chirped, giving him a peck on the cheek as a “reward” of sorts.*

T.D.’s eyes grew large, the undead’s soul effectively blushing. “U-uh.... erm...um…thanks?” The undead responded, his tone nervous and highly confused.*

Dollie simply smirked, then saying “That’s both reward and payback for making me flustered the other day.” *

The undead’s mind went vacant, as he stared at her. “Touché. Erm… that’s still cruel though… playing with my emotions…” T.D. grumbled, his eyes slowly returning to their normal white hue.*

“I’m not trying to…” Dollie replied in a “you just kicked my puppy” voice, giving a matching look, “I do actually like you, I hope you know that.”*

T.D.’s eyes turned into a light shade of pink. “And I, you. Are we still on for the restaurant tonight?” He asked, his illusionary form returning for the moment.*

“Mhmm.” She nodded, smiling at him and leaning into his chest.*

The undead’s eyes turned a hot shade of pink for a moment, before going back to their normal color. “Well, then. I better get going. That way I can meet you with certain pleasurable things…” He flirted, winking at her before carrying her to her bed, then teleporting.*

-----------------

Before going out, Dollie had managed to doll herself up with what she had at the HQ, having brushed out her hair which was often kept in two buns, and hitting home to get a nice red dress before awaiting him patiently.*

A black limo with gold details, pulled up, as a young man with ebony hair, and a matching tuxedo, stepped out. Moving quickly to Dollie’s door, he knocked nervously, thinking he hadn’t cleaned up as good as he hoped, dreading how she’d think of his appearance.*

Dollie called out to him, “I’m coming, just a sec!” as she finished up her makeup. She then donned some red flats, not having heels since she was already 5’10”. The succubus then opened the door to T.D., smiling and saying in a flirtatious tone, “Well, you clean up nicely~”*

“And you look stunning as ever. I can’t believe I’m going out with such a beautiful woman.” Matthias said, blushing slightly, “May I take your hand, M’lady?”*

“Of course~” Dollie agreed, holding out her hand for him to take.*

Matthias escorted her to the limo, and acted as valet, helping her into the car, and then climbing in himself. The car went at a slow-pace to give the two time to be together.*

Dollie leaned against his shoulder, giving a soft hum of approval as she looked about the surroundings. Some of her hair fell into her face, but she seemed to not pay attention to it.*

Matthias smiled slyly, as he planted a kiss on Dollie’s cheek.*

Dollie blushed ever so slightly, hoping Matthias wouldn’t notice. *

The young man smile turned into a grin, as the car came to a stop in front of the Italian restaurant. T.D. moved quickly, hopping out of the limo and holding his hand out to assist Dollie. “It would appear we've arrived, Beautiful.”*

“Well, aren’t you a gentleman.” Dollie smiled, stepping out as she held his hand, then following him inside.*

After winking at the Maitre d', Matthias led her to a table that had a beautiful view of a river. After seating themselves, or rather the young man assisting Dollie before sitting, the young man asked, “So...are comfortable sharing your name? Or do I keep calling you as I see you, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen?”*

“It’s Lydia, but you could also call me that as well~ I certainly wouldn’t mind~” She mused, giggling.*

“Well, Lydia, the most lovely, intelligent, and sweetest woman I know, I’ll tell you my name. It's Matthias.” He said with a grin, studying her face to see her reaction.*

Dollie’s expression was one of surprise, “Really…?” She breathed, hopeful that it was the truth and not a cruel set up. *

He grasped her hands, holding them gently. “I would never lie to you. You're just as beautiful then, as you are now.” He answered, his eyes sparkling.*

Her face turned a deep red, “Even though you saw… the side of me I don’t even remember?” She asked softly.*

Matthias leaned forward, “I think you're the most kindest, sweetest person I know. And I still think you're the most beautiful woman I ever saw.” He said honestly, planting a gentle kiss on her lips.*

Lydia softly kissed back, purring just a little before pulling back with a small smile, “You’re honestly more than I deserve…”*

“I don't think so. I think you're a better person than I. And I… I… think you're the best thing that ever happened to a moron like me.”*

“You’re no moron, Matthias. If you saved someone like me… hell, you being a revenant and not an angel is beyond me.”*

The young man smiled, as he looked longingly into her eyes, “Well, to me, you are an angel, Lydia.”*

Lydia blushed once more, staring back at him and smiling wider, “You really think so?”*

“I know so. I knew the moment I met you.” the young man answered happily.

The glorified waiter coughed, “Sir...Madame...your orders?”*

She looked up in some surprise, “Oh! Uhm… I’ll have the chicken risotto please, and a glass of ice water.”*

“I'll have the same. And I'll take a bottle of your finest wine.” Matthias responded, as the waiter dashed off to relay the order to the chefs.*

Lydia looked back to him, resting her head in her hand, “Have I mentioned you look extremely handsome this evening?”*

Matthias leaned in again, “And have I mentioned that you're so stunning, that you take my breath away?” He flirted, before kissing Lydia again.*

She kissed back, smiling into the kiss with another soft purr. *

The two continued like this for a long time, until the restaurant closed. Then the couple journeyed back to Dollie’s place, to continue their ‘pleasurable’ activities.*

ExoGrim

Under Pressure: How to Teach an Underdog

ExoGrim as Gemma

Gemma checked his watch. This would be his first time teaching without Jack’s supervision, and he didn’t want to piss off Shade. He sat down in the conveniently placed chair and placed his needle in his mouth.

Dollie stepped into the room, “Gemma?”

“Yes, it’s me,” Gemma replied, “Jack’s still getting the Shade-mother treatment. So I have to finish your training.”

Dollie nodded in understanding, “Gotcha. So, whatcha gonna teach me?”

“First, we need to learn your fighting style,” Gemma said, getting up, “Which means you’re going to have to attack me. Don’t worry though, the best I can do is dodge, not like Jack’s bullshit circle.”

“Alright.” Dollie said briefly, then equipping her bow. She then fired off a couple of shots towards Gemma at the different angles she could hop in her still semi recovering condition.

Gemma dodged backwards, one of the arrows scraping his ankle as he darted back. He flinched, but kept his guard against the next attack.

Dollie then disappeared into shadow, reappearing behind Gemma with the sword T.D. had given her in hand against his back, “Peekaboo!” She chirped with a small giggle.

Gemma managed to bend the blade so it wouldn’t pierce his heart, but it still collapsed a lung. He fell to the ground, heaving heavily, “That’s enough!”

Dollie quickly unequipped the sword, healing Gemma in an instant, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to actually stab you!”

“Don’t worry,” Gemma reassured, “I was careless and didn’t expect you to be behind me. It’s was a simple mistake.”

“Fair enough, but still…” Dollie whimpered softly, sitting at Gemma’s side.

“Well, anyway,” Gemma said as he got back up, “I figured out you’re fighting style… by the way, isn’t that T.D.’s sword?”

“Um… m-maybe.”

Gemma sighed, “Just, be careful around him.”

“What makes you say that?”

“First off, I trusted him more as King Matthias and even then I had problems with him. And, after my fight with him, something just seems wrong with his mental state.” Gemma stated bluntly.

“I’ve never had any real problem with him, a snarky remark or two and that was it.” Dollie replied, them mumbling while hiding her face, “And he was such a gentleman on our date…”

“I’ll just have to talk to Jack and Shade about it later.”

“Alright…” Dollie said softly, “What’s next on the agenda?”

“Now that I have an understanding of how you fight, we can work on you getting some Special Attacks,” Gemma stated, “Then you can work with the others on Synchronized Attacks.”

“How do I do special attacks?” Dollie inquired, tilting her head.

“It’s easier than you think,” Gemma explained, “You have to channeled power into either your weapon or, in some cases, into your Demon Sense. After the power builds to your liking, you can release it. It’s a good idea to name a attack after you create one, just so you remember how it works… and it functions properly afterwards.”

“I see…” Dollie then got up, drawing a target on the wall before backing up and drawing her bow. She took a breath and thought a moment, then saying “Explosive Shot!” before letting it off, the wall blowing into pieces unlike what a regular shot would do. “H-holy shit…”

“Heh, I knew you could do it.” Gemma said, letting out his second grin in his life, “Like I said, easier than you thought.”

“It was! And so pretty too…” Dollie giggled.

Black0ut

Special Arrival: Mandane’s Plans Set Motion

ExoGrim as Jack, Mandane and Dervish

Black0ut as Shade

The room was silent and dark, the medical beds having long since decayed into shriveled metal husks. Two shapes formed in the dark room, perfectly still until a noise akin to a slap sounded.

“Dammit Shade!” Jack exclaimed, rubbing his cheek, “Where the hell did you take me this time!”

Shade’s form darkened, “Jack… I'm… five seconds away from dropping you out of an airplane. Don’t test me.” The wraith growled, barely controlling her anger, “And even worse, you nearly killed a lesser Demon! What the hell were you thinking, Jack!”

“Why does everyone think that I could have know she was still in range!” Jack snapped back, “Just because I’m related to Winter, doesn’t mean I have the same Demon Sense as her! As for dropping me off a plane, you know as well a I do that if Yellow gets his hands on me, you’ll never see me again!”

“Then stop acting like an ass!” She shot back, “I know you're not like your great niece, but you're a top-tier Demon. You're supposed to know if you'd hurt someone, due to your power!” another slap-like sound echoed through the abandoned hospital.

Jack cracked his neck, his face becoming sterner than Shade had ever seen it, “Do you really want to know why I’m such an ass? Why I force myself to act carefree?”

“I would love to know why you've changed. Because you're not acting like the man I knew.” Shade replied sadly, her form fading into its typical transparency, “I don't even know if you even care for me anymore. But I guess it doesn't matter. You do whatever you want… I don't care anymore. Do what you want. I'm done.” The spirit sank below the floor several stories, before a few ethereal tears dropped from her face.

On the floor Shade was on, Dervish collapse to his knees, breathing heavily, “Dammit Mandane. How long do you want me to keep this persona up? I think it’s starting to kill me.”

The spirit wiped her tears away as she hid in a wall to continue listening.

“He said he’d be here, to discuss what to do with Oni,” Dervish mumbled, blasting the door open, one by one, “So where the hell is he? Mandane, I know you’re here somewhere, now show yourself.”

“No need to panic Dervish, man of Wrath,” A voice emitted from the walls, “I’ll be there in due time, just dealing with our unexpected guest.” At that point, Jack fell through several floors, more than Shade did, with a lot more pain.

The wraith’s eyes widened, as she began duplicating a couple dozen clones to serve as cannon fodder.

“Oh, Dervish, if you don’t mind,” Mandane said through the loudspeakers, “We have a ghost problem, could you deal with it?”

“Fine, fine,” Dervish said, as he shot up the dummy ghosts, “I’ll do it, but you have to keep Jack at bay.”

“Will do~”

As Shade’s clones died, she sank beneath the floor and moved under Jack’s position. Raising her mouth to his ear, “I'm sorry, Jack. I love you, and I hope you fare a lot better at the Demon Society.” She said, a sad smile on her face, as she touched his back, and sent him to the HQ. Rising above the floorboards, her eyes glowed eerily red, as her body turned into more of a shadow.

“I think you'll find that I'm no pushover, Demon. Let’s see who kills who, Wrath.” Shade said viciously, taking out two daggers and dual wielding both at the same time.

“Pushover… no, no, no,” Mandane said as he walked in, “Push-under, most definitely. To think the person between me and Timeless Death would be so pathetic,” He readjusted his glasses, “By the way, I’m Mandane, man of Pride and head of the Sins of the Round Table.”

“Ahh, the man who has Matthias’ soul. I wonder how long it'll take for me to kill you, unless you're too afraid to fight me without help?” Shade mused.

“You better watch it, ya bitch!” Dervish snapped.

“Calm down Dervish, the woman wants a fair challenge,” Mandane remarked, “I’d be happy to take you on one v one. You even have the advantage, since I forgot to bring a weapon with me. Take your move, I’m being nice today.”

“I know your skills well enough, that you'll have to attack me, first.” Shade responded, as many clones formed, each with a variety of weapons, some with melee weapons, others with guns and bows. All of the ranged Shades pointed their menagerie of weapons at the cocky man, while the melee Shades took various stances.

“Oh my, you’re a walking army! Me too!” Mandane said as he slammed his feet to the cement, “Too bad that I’m just a bit bigger. Hurricane Punch!” The impact created a massive wind blast.

All of the Shades flew, as one smiled. “Soul Solidification.” The entire collection of Shade stopped and either swung their weapon or fired it, equalizing the blast, as a few sniper rounds zoomed towards Mandane.

Mandane slapped the first shot and that blocked the rest, the round hitting the door that Dervish didn’t shoot. He dashed forward, “Piston Beating!” He yelled as he started bashing the clones’ skulls, one by one.

Two daggers soared through the air, one striking Mandane in the back, while the other was blocked with one of Shade’s clones. “Are you always so cocky?” All the clones simultaneously, masking the original’s position.

“Now!” Mandane yelled. Dervish fired a round into Mandane’s shoulder, and into the real Shade, “Uh, lucky shot… you are useful for something.”

“Hey!” Dervish snapped, “I’d like to remind you that I’ve shave- where did she go?” Dervish said as the spirit went missing.

“Running no doubt.”

“Coward.” The clones said together, “You couldn't even fight a fair battle, because you knew you'd lose. Well, we explode when a dishonorable opponent tries to cheat a duel. Soul Destruction!” The clones glowed white before a massive explosion erupted, leveling the hospital into rubble.

---------------

Jack rose quickly, but immediately dropped to the pain, “Damn that Mandane. Where the hell am I this time?”

A few minutes later a figure appeared laying on the ground, ectoplasm leaking from her chest.

“Shade, is that you?!” Jack jumped from the bed with high speed, “Are you okay? who did this to you?” Jack slowly started to panic, tears streaming down his eyes, “Dammit, I can’t lose you again!”

Shade coughed, ectoplasm leaking from her mouth. She attempted a weak smile, before grimacing. “I got cocky… but I saved you. I saved you..” Shade weakly raised a hand to Jack’s face, “D… Don’t cry, Jack. It's… -cough- my fault. I shouldn't have left -cough- you. I shouldn't have been so mean…” A few tears coursed down her face.

“No! You can’t just die like this!” Jack begged, “You can’t just leave me here! I love you, I’ve always loved you!” Jack began bawling as he realized there was nothing he could do.

Shade smiled, as she reached for his hand. “I -cough- love you too, Jack. I… leave my -cough- charge with you. I’m so tired…”

“I’ll be here for you,” Jack said through his tears, “Just try to stay awake as long as possible. I need to know what charge you’re talking about.”

“Mat...thias. I… love…” Shade tried to say, her body fading until there wasn't anything left except a small, blue stone, which fell to the ground.

Shade had died in his hands. The helplessness drove Jack mad. He grabbed his knife and went to drive it into his hand. The blade, however, was blocked by the circle, the protection that he was born with. Jack remember what his father said, “Your powers are meant to protect… not kill.” It was about time he used it correctly, “For you, my love. No one else will die.” he said as he grabbed the stone.

------------

T.D. smiled, the book he was reading being highly hilarious. All at once, a horrible feeling hit him, as he dropped his book. "No..." The undead said, a look of horror and pain on his face. His eyes turned black, as all emotion faded from him. He laid down in his crypt and stared at the ceiling, too hurt to do anything else.

Last edited:

Black0ut

Steam in the Vents

Black0ut as Blue and Henry

smallelvenprince as Nathanial

The sun was shining bright, and the streets were filled to the brim with the daily.

Two figures, unlike the other people who walked, approached the Demon Society HQ.

One figure, dressed in a black leather jacket with blue jeans, who was a wopping 7’1, said, “Ok, Blue. This is D.S. and they don't give two shits about our kind. So are you ready to intern and train here?”

“H-henry… I g-guess so. But please, don't make more nervous than I already am.” The second figure responded, dressed in rather plain clothes, with a height of 5’4, and a modest bust.*

“‘Scuse me!” A high pitched voice said loudly, dashing passed the two. All they saw was a flash of red, orange and black before they knew what had somewhat literally hit them, a few small bits of fire being left behind in its wake.*

Blue squeaked,using the gigantic man as cover.

Henry swore, as some fire had latched onto his clothes. After extinguishing the flames, he said crankily “If that thing comes back, I'll show it what a simulacrum of the War God can do.” Turning back towards the HQ, Henry scratched his head, looking down at his diminutive companion. “Let's go in and talk to the Grand Elder. He’s not that scary, I promise.” Henry walked in with blue.

Blue conjured a gust of fog, masking her location so she could hide from the situation.

“Damn it, Blue!” The giant man said, anger imprinted on his face.*

They then saw it come down a different hallway, stopping for a brief moment and not noticing Henry and Blue. The young man toppled over face first into the floor, panting tiredly as he neglected to note the sparks around himself. The only one he did actually notice was on the tip of his fluffy ponytail, licking his fingers and pinching it out before sitting up. He was only about 5’, his hair was a crimson colour, and he had two black spots at the corners of his mouth that matched the colour of the horns atop his head.*

Blue rushed out of her hiding place, crouching down with a concerned look on her face. “Are you ok?” She asked quickly, looking him over to ensure he wasn't hurt.

Henry, on the other hand, had put his armour on and had a spear pointed at the man's throat. “Tell me why you nearly ran us over a few minutes ago, otherwise I can't guarantee that Knuth won't go into your throat.” The giant man growled.*

He looked up at the armoured man, swallowing in fear, “N-Nathanial. I’m Nathanial.” He squeaked, now shaking.*

Blue turned towards her companion, putting a hand on the spear. “Henry. Stop. He isn't a threat.” She said calmly and slowly, “Nathanial is just probably running late for something.” Turning to the man, she asked softly, “Why were you running so fast?”

Henry scoffed, standing his golden spear up. “Don’t bother asking him anything, Blue. Demons are notorious liars, and horrible brutes. They'd kill you if you so much as look at them wrong.”*

Nathanial then stood up, his physical frailty now very apparent. “Do I really look like a brute to either of you? I’m 5 foot nothing and scrawny as all hell.” He sighs, “I was gonna join up with the Demon Society, that’s why I’m even here.”*

Henry said nothing, as his wings unfolded, the feathers looking more like transparent glass than flesh and blood. “And for all we know, you've hidden what you truly look like with illusion magic-” The man's mouth was sealed shut, a small line of water going over his mouth.

Blue offered an apologetic smile, as she stood up as well. “Sorry. Personally, I think you're a kind, sweet person, who was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. I apologize for my companion’s temper, I think it gets the better of him at times.”*

“It’s alright, it happens…” The small demon said, sitting back down, “... say, do either of you know your way around this place? I may or may not be a bit lost…”*

Blue glanced at Henry, as he struggled to remove the watery gag. “He does,” Blue pointed at the giant angel, “But he may say some horribly mean things to you…” She trailed off.*

“I’ve heard some pretty terrible things, I stopped caring.” Nathanial shrugged, smiling at her.*

Blue sighed, removing her water magic. A veritable torrent of swears rushed out of Henry's mouth, enough to make several sailors blush.

After a moment, he regained his composure, the spear disappearing from his hand. “What kind of demon are you? And why do you want to join D.S.?”*

“Why else? To help people. And I’m a fire elemental.” *

“I doubt it's to just help people, but I'll let it go. I also find it a bit dubious that you're just a ‘fire elemental’, when you move fast enough to leave a trail of fire behind you.” Henry shot back.*

“... No one told me that I do that…” Nathanial said in some shame, rubbing the back of his head, “I-I’m sorry…” *

“Sorry doesn't cut it. You nearly revealed our world to the humans, a crime punishable by death. Howev-” The angel started, only to be lifted up by a random tornado with a high amount of water in it.

“Don’t listen to him.” Blue said softly, putting a hand on the smaller demon, “You're not in any trouble. You do need to be more careful, though. There's no telling what the humans might do if they discover our world. So, could you be a bit more cautious in the future?” Her eyes grew big, as she waited for his answer.*

Nathanial blushed a bit, “I-I will…and I’m usually a lot more careful in public places so…”*

A spear penetrated the tornado, as Henry yelled, “That isn't good enough!” before being submerged again.

Blue offered a sheepish smile, as the tornado threw the angel down on the ground as a torrent of water rained down on him.

“It's alright. Just be a bit more safe in the future, ok?” Blue said, a small smile on her face, reminiscent of elven lords of old.*

“... holy shit you’ve got a pretty smile…” Nathanial murmured, face reddening as he attempted to hide it.*

Several spears nearly impaled the fire elemental, as Henry got up. “Begone, Demon! Do not flirt with my charge, lest thine wish is to have multiple wounds in thy body!” The large angel roared, a look of fury on his face.

Blue glared at him with similar intensity, water forming in one hand, while the other had a visible ball of wind.*

In a flash, Nathanial was gone like the wind, unwittingly stopping near the Grand Elder’s office without alerting anyone, sighing with relief.*

The war angel ran down the various hallways, demanding that the demon come out and face his fate in combat. Blue, on the other hand, walked in a dejected manner, sad that her newest acquaintance had been scared away by Henry. She walked in no particular direction, as she was lost in thought.*

Nathanial took to the vents, seeing Blue beneath him, he unhinged the screen and pulled her up by surprise. “Nice to see you again!” He said to her, smiling brightly as he redid the screen.*

Blue squeaked, startled by the sudden movement. “H-hello…” She said meekly.*

“So, whatcha doin’ down here?”*

“U-um… just trying to find the Elder’s office. Why are you in the ventilation system?” She asked curiously.*

“I may or may not be hiding from your quite large and angry friend.”*

Blue blushed, embarrassed at her compatriot’s actions. “I… I'm sorry about Henry. He is a nice guy once you get to know him. Still, I'm incredibly sorry.” She offered an apologetic smile, the smile being the bane of elven princes and princesses.*

“It’s alright, wouldn’t be the first time this kind of thing has happened.” Nathanial said, smiling back. *

“How so? You don't look like the bad boy type, nor are you overly mean.” Blue analyzed, a curious look on her face.*

“Well, I’m a bit of a trickster. So, that’s how I get into these situations.” Nathanial said, shrugging.*

Blue tilted her head, “Well, could you give me an example?”*

“Alright so… One of my nicknames is ‘Firecracker’. There were a bunch of cats and firecrackers involved. They attacked a few of the local bad boys. I was in the sewer for a week.”*

“So, did you save the cats?”*

“They followed me into the sewer, they helped me out in that week in spite of me being the one to have scared them.”*

A spear went up right behind the small demon, as a voice bellowed, “I know you're in there, you perverted demon!”*

“I’m not a pervert.” Nathanial said simply, launching the spear back down casually to whence it came.*

Another spear went up, nearly skewering the demon’s leg, as a veritable water bubble came between the spear and Nathanial.*

“... Nice save on my leg…” Nathanial said gratefully, scooting towards Blue.*

Black0ut

Steam in the Vents, cont.

“No problem.” Blue said, as she grabbed the demon, holding him close as she sent a gust that sent them flying down the ventilation system. The two crashed into a wall, and fell, the two tangled in each other's limbs.*

Nathanial and Blue were in a rather compromising position upon falling, the former being slightly out of it now due to a minor injury of the head against the wall.*

Blue looked up a bit slowly, dazed from the impact. The war angel then walked around the corner, and froze, his face blushing furiously. “T-this cretin has the gall to try and d-defile you?!”

Blue looked down and realized too late how bad their positioning looked, as if they were two lovers on the verge of losing control. “I-it’s not what it looks like, Henry.” She protested meekly.*

“Wh- dude chill. I didn’t do anything to her.” Nathanial said as he came to his senses, rolling off and rubbing his head.*

The Angel approached, aiming his weapon at the demon. “I shall enjoy dis-” Henry began, as he was picked up by another water tornado picked him up and sent him back down the hallway.*

“I better scram before he comes back…” Nathanial said, then smiling at Blue, “It was cool meeting you, despite almost having my leg skewered. See you later?”*

Blue smiled back, “Yeah, I'll see you later, Nate.” She replied, walking away with a smile, hoping she could calm the giant's rage.

Nate then went back into the vents to hide, hopeful to avoid the larger, angry angel further.

ExoGrim

The Firecracker and The Ice Cat

ExoGrim as Winter

Smallelvenprince as Nathanial

There was some banging in the vents, and anywhere it was heard it was much warmer than usual. No one mentioned anything about it, however, thinking there was just something wrong with the thermostat or something in the building. No one made the connection between the banging and the temperature either, until it went to Winter’s office.

“Something must be wrong with the ventilation system,” Winter said as the heat overwhelmed her, “I’ll have to fix it.” She climbed into the vent, something only she could do due to her slender body.

When she got into the vent, she was met by a young man even smaller than she was, “Uh… hi there…?” He greeted her, “I can totally explain why I, a fire elemental, am in the vents.”

“You can start explaining after you get out.” Winter said, freezing the vent to keep from overheating.

The small boy followed her out, landing on his face. As he sat up, some blood was coming from his now bruised nose, as it was likely broken. “I-I’m totally fine.” He insisted, clearly not fine.

Winter merely shrugged and pulled out her briefcase, turning it into a shotgun, “Now that we’re out, it’s time for you to start explaining yourself. Otherwise, I’ll have no choice but to follow protocol.”

“I came here to join, then an angel with a smaller angel was mad at me because I said the smaller one had a pretty smile… I originally came here to join with the Demon Society, I swear.”

Winter sighed, remembering the crazy story of how she joined, “Okay,” She gave him a hand, “Welcome to the club.”

“Thanks.” He smiled bloodily, still seemingly unaware of the blood, “I’m Nathanial by the way, but some people call me ‘Firecracker’, or Nate. Pick your poison.”

“Well, Nate, first things first,” Winter said forcefully raised his head and wiped the blood off his face, “We need to fix this first, you’ve already lost .67 pints of blood by this point. This is going to hurt though,” She quickly snapped the nose back into place.

Nate screeched briefly, rubbing his nose afterwards gently. “T-thank you…” He said as he looked up at her, being six inches shorter than her.

Winter looked at him with curiosity in her eyes, “How old are you anyway? And how do you keep a human shape as an Elemental?”

“Alright, so I’m not entirely elemental. I’ve got some demon in me, and I couldn’t really tell you what because I have no idea. Also, I’m legal to be by myself don’t worry about it.”

“What else are you legal for,” Winter said with glee.

“Anything you want.” Nate winked.

Winter sighed, “Too bad I’m not. I still have two more years ‘til drinking,” Winter sat in her chair, “But my birthday is in 36.55 hours, if you’re interested.”

“Then your first drink is on me… take that as you will.” Nate chuckled, grinning widely.

“I just finished my work for the day,” Winter said, taking a drink from her fish sauce, “How about you come to my place for a bit.”

“I don’t see why not, kitten.”

Winter putted her hood on and grabbed his hand, “What are you waiting for, let’s go.”

Nate pulled up his own hood, hiding his horns and following her.

The moment they stepped into Winter’s apartment, she took off her hoodie. She only had a bra underneath, keeping her small breasts from being exposed. She turned on TV and game console and plop onto the couch, “Are you interested in a game or two?”

Nate plops down next to Winter, “Sure, I don’t see why not.” He said as he smiled at her.

The two of them played for a few hours, Winter winning most of the time. She leaned closer to Nate, “Is it normal to feel this hot around you?”

“Aren’t you this hot all the time?” He smirked, his hazel eyes meeting hers.

“No,” Winter said, “I’ve always been cold, but this is different. I’ve only felt this heat around one other person, but it’s stronger when I’m around you. And this smell,” She sniffed the air, “It’s driving me crazy.”

“Define crazy, there’s many kinds of that.” Nate said, turning fully to her.

She leaned in closer, “Crazy for you,” She then went in for the kiss.

Nate paused for a moment, having been caught off guard, but kissed back with a smile on his face. He reluctantly pulled away after a moment, “I believe you and I are feeling the same kinda crazy, don’tcha think?”

“Can you stay here for the night?” Winter asked, “I’ll do anything you want.”

“It’s your place, you’re in charge.” Nate grinned wolfishly, giving a soft, low growl to her.

Winter returned the grin, “As long as my virginity is intake, you can do anything you want with my body. Sorry there’s not much though,” She said as she put his hand on her breast.

For the rest of the night the two spent most of it on the couch and in Winter’s room, making it much hotter than its usual cold.

Insane Darkness

The Start of Something New.

Black0ut as Blue

Insane Darkness as Alciel

Aka Insane Dankness

Blue walked slowly, looking tired from the day's activities. She walked outside of D.S.,and continued down the street until Blue found a bench to sit down.*

Alciel walks up to this angel and leans over the back of the bench. “What’s cookin’, good lookin’? You need someone to talk to?”*

She peered nervously up at the man, “Um… I-I'm fine. Just tired.” Blue replied meekly.*

“Well, you seem kinda lonely, there. Let me keep you company, maybe wake you up a bit.” Alciel winked at her, then hopped over the bench to sit down next to her. He then puts his arm around her to be closer. “You know, I always like the timid ones. They’re very fun to tease.”*

Blue jumped, the man's arm startling her and unnerving her. “U-um… could you please l-let go of me?”*

“Oh, sorry about that. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to talk, you know, since we work in the same place and all that jazz.” He takes his arm off of her and scoots back a little.*

Blue looked at him with a confused expression. “How so?”*

“Okay, I’ll be honest. I don’t work in the D.S. YET. I already submitted an application and what-have-you. I know my way around a fight and stuff too. I’m not completely inexperienced.”*

The angel slowly nodded her head, analyzing the situation. “Ok. Though you probably shouldn't say that in public, you might start a war with the Angels, Demons, and Monsters against yourself if you do.” She warned, a smile forming on her face.*

“If I was like the rest of my kind, I would’ve said, ‘Bring it on!’. But I won’t. I hope you don’t mind my asking, oh wise one, about why I can’t say that in public?” Alciel has a puzzled look on his face, his ignorance getting the better of him.*

Blue looked confused, her smile shifting into a frown. “You don't know about the Great Treaty?” She asked slowly, as she nervously twirled a finger through her hair.*

“Uhh… I… kinda slept through my History class…”*

Blue sighed, a friendly look appearing on her face. “Long ago, all races fought bloody, horrible wars against each other. This continued until a plague witch called Matilda, set loose a virus that nearly wiped most of the humans out.”

“The Angels stuck their necks out for the humans, suggesting that the magical world disappear into folklore and myth. The Demons, surprisingly, agreed to follow the angels’ plan. The monsters refused, and attempted to start another war with the two factions, but were quickly crushed by the Angels and Demons. They soon agreed to follow the angels’ advice, and the greatest leaders of all three races came together to sign a document, that prohibited all fantastical creatures from revealing themselves, and the penalty, death.” She explained softly.*

Alciel obediently listened to everything she said. His reply, however, “So… I can’t flirt with humans or I’ll die?”*

Blue stared at him, dumbfounded. Then, she began to laugh. “No, you could flirt, but you can't take it any farther than that.”*

“Oh, okay. Then I guess I’ll have to stick with prettier angels. Like you.” He winked at Blue.*

Blue blushed, not used to being flirted with. “U-um… uh… thank you?” She squeaked out, as she looked down at the ground.*

Okay, that was cute, he thought. I guess I’m going to have to drop the idea of marrying that bartender woman. Oh well. He tilted her chin towards him and looked her in the eyes. “I’m not lying, you know. You are gorgeous.”*

Blue’s face grew more red, as she stared at the mysterious man. “U-um... uh… erm…” She squeaked again.*

Alciel stood up. “Welp, I’m gonna head to the gun range. I need to work on my sharpshooting skills. If I’m gonna work in the D.S., then I need to be half as good at doing my job as you are at being adorable. I’ll see ya ‘round!” He smiles and waves as he walks off. “Thanks for your help, by the way! I can’t wait to flirt with you some more later!”*

Blue’s head spinned, as her face returned to its normal hue. Who was that? Why was he flirting with me? And why is he cute? She thought, shaking her head to clear the thoughts before heading back inside.

Last edited:

Aka Insane Dankness

Dollie was rushing through the crowds of people, on her way to see T.D. about something urgent when she bumped into a young man just outside the gun range on the way to the cemetery that T.D. resided in. “I-I’m so sorry! I should have been paying attention!” She stammered out to the stranger.

Alciel turned around to see another one of his kind, but cuter. “It’s alright. I’m very forgiving towards women. Cute ones, especially.” He winked at the Succubus standing in front of him.

“Still, I’m sorry… I’m kind of in a rush to see someone… something happened, or rather is going to, and I wanted said someone to be prepared mentally...” Dollie rambled, then sighing, “It’s nice to know not every stranger is an ass, though.”

“Really? I’ve been called an asshole multiple times. It might just be my sense of humor or sarcastic nature. They are never really specific. However, knowing what Succubi are like, is this person, say, male?”

“Yeah, but it’s not for the reason you think that I’m going to see him. God I hate my foresight…” Dollie mumbled, burying her head in her hands, “It’s always the worst things I see…”

“That’s quite a depressing ability you have there. And hey, don’t bury your cute face in your hands. By the way, my name is Alciel. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you. I’m planning on working in the D.S., but it’s a 50/50 chance I’ll be accepted to work there. What is your name, stressed one?” Alciel smiled at her, trying to be as friendly as possible.

“Dollie, my name’s Dollie.” She said to him, her face rising again as she sat on a bench next to the pair. “Funny you mention you’re trying to get into D.S., I already work there as the only reliable healer.” Dollie giggled.

“I must say, your name fits your looks. You really are a doll. And on top of that, a healer for the place I’m trying to work at! Your people have interesting personalities, you know. I met an Angel about a mile back. Now that I think about it, I didn’t get her name… But she said that she worked for the D.S. and even told me some of the history between Angels, Demons, and Monsters that I missed by sleeping in History class. Do you know her?” Alciel finished his spree of words.

“Can’t say I do, she must be newer than me then.” Dollie said, “And definitely some interesting people work there, for sure…”

“With that tone of voice, it would seem as if you are trying to seduce someone you work with,” Alciel commented.

“You could say I already did in a way, but it was more the other way around if you ask me.” Dollie shrugged and smiled, then the smile fading, “Unfortunately my prince charming is the one I have to go tell something to… and it is not good news…”

“Hold on a sec.” Alciel fell over, limp, his Ethereal Scout ability now activated. He searched for the quickest route to the cemetery.

Dollie quickly caught him, worried as she didn’t know of his ability.

A couple seconds later, Alciel snapped awake. “Alright, I found the quickest way to the cemetery. Ready?”

“How did you know where I was heading?” Dollie asked curiously, tilting her head slightly.

“It’s called ‘4th Wall Breaking’. You should try it sometime. Anyways, here we go.” Alciel picks up Dollie bridal-carry style and jumps from rooftop to rooftop towards the cemetery.

“What’s the 4th w--” She was cut off upon being picked up, squealing when he had started bouncing across rooftops and holding on tightly.

“I wouldn’t let go if I were you. It’s a far drop from here. Also, this situation is REALLY hot… Anyways, TO THE CEMETERY! WOO!” Alciel hollered.

Once there and down, Dollie thanked Alciel and headed towards T.D.’s crypt in a hurry, sure to remember the young man.

Alciel watched as she walked away, hoping that she would be a future co-worker. He smiled at the thought and walked back to the gun range, having yet to shoot any guns that day.

Insane Darkness

Challenge Accepted: Two Gunslingers Cross

ExoGrim as Winter

Aka Insane Dankness

Multiple shots are heard throughout the gun range. Alciel fired at the paper-thin target, testing his aim. He brought the target in front of him, then examined it. Perfect shots, all in the head. Good job, Virgin’s Blood, he thought to himself.

Winter walked into the range and quickly moved to her usual spot. She turned her briefcase into a rifle and took aim. She fired once, twice, three times… each landing exactly where she wanted them to. One in the head, one in the chest and the third in the hand. Good, I still have my aim.

“I’ve never tried these before, but it would be good to start now. The person shooting over there has some nice aim. I think I should get competitive up in this bitch.” He loaded his bullets into Double Tap. Then, he fell flat on the ground, his Ethereal Scout ability in effect. He sprang back up immediately, shooting all of his bullets into the target in front of him. That’s 24 shots all wasted on a piece of paper, he thought sadly to himself.

Winter completely ignored the idiot at the end of the range, focusing on her practice. She turned her briefcase into a shotgun and pulled the trigger. With all the math precalculated, she still hit the target in the head with most of the pellets.

“They’re pretty accurate for someone not using a Demon Sense. Not bad. Let me go find out who this ‘Mystery Hotshot’ really is.” He walked away from his spot, heading in Winter’s direction.

Winter paid no attention to him. She merely focused on shooting.

“Hey, hot stuff. You’re pretty accurate with that gun of yours. What’s your secret? Or are you like a magician; never revealing the magic behind it all?” Alciel asks.

“Take another step and I shoot your left femur,” Winter stated.

“Woah, easy there. Just trying to make friendly conversation.” Alciel stood still, partially intimidated by the tone of voice she used.

“What do you want from me anyway?” Winter asked, “It’s not like a Hunter to pick me as a target.”

“I’m not trying to kill you or anything. I just want a duel. See, I am a little competitive and it’s hard to find gunslingers in this area specifically,” Alciel stated, “Also, everyone owning a gun of some sort is human. Their reaction time isn’t as quick as ours, so it ends pretty quickly…”

“I’m not one for competitions,” Winter replied, “I only show up to practice. Nothing less, Nothing more.”

“But wouldn’t a person of your expertise be better off shooting moving targets? I mean, your target is only going to stay still if you snipe them, and even then, any other enemies in the area would be alerted from that shot,” Alciel explained.

“That’s where you are wrong,” Winter said turning her gun back to its briefcase form, “I have the guns necessary for both up close and far away. And unlike you, I don’t have to reload.”

“I never said you didn’t have more than one gun. But that is an interesting weapon, for sure. However, your enemies aren’t going to wait for you to shoot them. They are going to shoot back, whether they use magic, melee weapons, or other projectile weapons like mine. The ‘Spray and Pray’ method only works occasionally.”

“Who said I use ‘Spray and Pray,’” Winter said, quickly turning her briefcase into a rifle and pulling the trigger. The shot landed next to the gunslinger’s right foot, “All my shots are pre calculated, using math most people can’t wrap their heads around.”

“Ahh, so that’s your secret. But how effective is your ‘math’ on moving targets? You can shoot the target over there just fine. But me? I doubt it,” Alciel challenged, half expecting her to blow it off.

“Then start moving,” Winter replied, “It’s not that difficult if you just stand there.”

“Well, you know that there are actual areas set up to fight, right? Otherwise, there would be a lot of dead bodies lying around. Also, there is NO room in here to fight.”

“And how many fights have you seen outside of the training areas?”

“Based on your tone, I’m going to guess that you’ve basically seen some shit. But that doesn’t concern me. I just want to have a fair fight with you. I don’t understand why we’re still talking really.”

Winter sighed, “Follow me” She took him to her usual training area, “I know it isn’t much, but it’s my usual place.”

“It’s perfect. There’s just enough room.” Alciel said as he started stalling for time, using his Soul Deterioration magic on his bullets. He made sure that it would do enough to incapacitate, but not kill. “So, your math against my Demon Sense? This sounds like fun. How many years of experience have you had with your briefcase?” Alciel asked.

“I’m 18, almost 19, and I’ve been using it since I was 3, do math.”

“Nah, I slept through that class. Anyways, are you ready? Once this bullet,” Alciel holds up a spare bullet from his pocket, “hits the ground, that’s when we start.”

“Quick question, are we allowed to use magic in this fight?”

“Does it affect the bullet or no?”

“In some situations, yes. But usually no.”

“This is a 1v1 fair duel. This means no death, only incapacitations. Whoever can get the other to stop moving first wins. However, magic not attached to a bullet is not allowed and any other weapons besides guns are banned. Is that okay with you?” Alciel informed.

“Fine by me,” Winter responded, “Now start the bullet toss, 2.46 seconds should be enough time to prepare.”

Alciel tossed the bullet. It seemed like it fell in slow motion, as if it knew that hitting the ground would start a fierce battle. Alciel loaded his largest clips into his 3 guns, then held on to Double Tap.

Winter turned her briefcase into a rifle. She stood with her gun pointed at Alciel, waiting for the right time to strike. As soon as the bullet dropped, Winter lower her gun, aiming for his kneecap as she shot.

Alciel dodged right and went limp for half a second. He immediately sprang to life right after and shot at Winter’s head and right foot. He caught himself with his right arm and sprang back up to his feet.

Winter quickly kited the attack and prepared her counter attack, “Blizzard Shot!” The next bullet she fired had a large trail of ice following it.

Alciel ran to the wall, avoiding all but 2 shots from her rifle, which hit him in the side and in the shoulder. He bounced off the wall and sprang above Winter while activating Rapid Fire on Double Tap. “Hellfire Rain!” he shouted, then fired. He then landed on the ground, switched to Virgin’s Blood while laying down, then unloaded most of his clip into her.

Winter got hit several times, using the momentum of the shots to suspend herself into the air. She switch to her rocket launcher and fired her shot.

Alciel fired at the giant rocket, exploding both of the gunslingers. Since Alciel was laying down, he took the lesser amount of damage from the explosion.

Insane Darkness

Challenge Accepted: Two Gunslingers Cross cont.

Winter slammed hard into the other wall, slightly losing her breath as she fell. She switched to her shotgun and waited.

Alciel rushed Winter with Virgin’s Blood in hand. The second she fired at him, he jumped over her, wall jumped, and fired straight down. His left leg took 3 bullets in the foot, but he still managed to exclaim, “Momentum Downfall!”

Winter dodged the bullet, the wall next to her exploding. She took her next shot blinded by the dust, but guided by her faith in the Guardians. “Tri Shot!” She said, the bullet splitting into three as she fired.

One bullet nicked Alciel’s face, while the other two hit his left arm and stomach, all during freefall. He landed on the ground with a hard THUD and the pain hit him like a brick wall. Clutching half of Double Tap, he reloaded it with another clip.

Winter shot the gun itself, jamming it, “I think we’re done here.”

Alciel started laughing. Maniacally. Like, one you’d only hear in an Insane Asylum. He stood up, his horns now sticking up, out of his hair. He tilted his head in an abnormal direction. “Sorry, little miss. But I’m afraid this is over.” He snapped, the Soul Deterioration bullets stuck in Winter’s body now gaining more power from Alciel himself.

Winter fell to her knees, coughing up blood, “What happened to a fair fight? And not killing each other?”

“While it may hurt like a bitch, it isn’t going to kill you. Besides, it is a fair fight. The magic was implanted on the bullets themselves. I just enhanced how much it was affecting you, that’s all. I admit, that was really fun, but I hate to lose.”

Winter slowly stood up, turning her gun back into a briefcase. She walked up to Alciel, a face of anger planted on her.

Alciel’s horns disappeared again, then he leaned to his left and coughed up blood. “Okay, yeah. That was REALLY fun. But please don’t be mad. I have never met a gunslinger like you that could give me a rush like that,” Alciel pleaded.

“You already fucked up,” Winter said bluntly. She smacked him upside the head with her briefcase… hard.

The only thing Alciel could do was take it and smile. Anything else would have made her anger worse, he realized. “Thank you for that. I feel like less of an asshole after that hit. Could you hit me again?”

“I could put a bullet in your head if that would help,” She snapped as she pointed her rifle at him.

Alciel held up his hands. “Okay. I’ll shut up now. I would prefer to continue living and not piss off cute women.”

Winter switched back to her briefcase and walked off, “Sorry, I’m already taken. But maybe the two of us can have a rematch, when we’re both stronger.”

“That sounds fun! It was nice meeting you, by the way. I’ll be looking forward to that rematch.” Alciel smiled as she limped away, satisfied that she at least wasn’t aiming a gun at his gorgeous face anymore. The smile disappeared when he knelt to the ground, however. The pain of the bullet holes in his body was just now starting to set in. “Damn, I need a healer…”

Winter rushed over to help him up, “Don’t worry, I can get us to Dollie for some treatment.” And then they walked off, helping each other stay standing.

“So, you know the D.S. Succubus girl? She was nice. I helped her get to the cemetery before coming here.”

“Is there anything you think about other than women?” Winter asked.

“I think of covering thugs in Virgin’s Blood,” Alciel responded.

Winter rolled her eyes, “You, my friend, are creepy.”

“Trust me, I can’t keep a straight face while thinking of my sniper rifle’s name either.”

Black0ut

(Almost) Too Late

Black0ut as T.D./Matthias

smallelvenprince as Dollie/ Lydia

T.D. stared at the ceiling of his crypt, completely devoid of emotion. His true form was showing, as his eyes were empty pits that showed the state of his soul.

About then, something broke the silence, a frantic knocking on the door of T.D.’s crypt. It sounded panicked, like some death or something had occurred.

T.D.’s only sign of recognition of the noise was a slight turn of his head. He immediately returned his attention to the ceiling.

“Matthias! If you don’t answer, I will damn well break down this door!!” Dollie practically screamed, continuing to knock.

The undead debated on moving for her, finally mustering enough willpower to stand up. He shuffled towards the door, and unlocked it. Matthias then returned to his initial spot and repeated the action he had done before Dollie arrived.

When Dollie came in, she saw T.D.’s state, then saying sadly “It already happened didn’t it…? Shit!” She then proceeded to lay next to the undead after closing the door, hugging him, “I’m so sorry…”

Matthias didn't respond, closing his eyes as he returned the hug.

Dollie softly kissed the top of Matthias’s head, accidentally hugging his head into her chest.

The undead smiled internally, tiny, white specks resurfacing from his broken state.

“Do you wanna talk about it? If not, I won’t make you…”

Moving his face out of her chest, he opened his mouth, then closed it, debating on whether he wanted to open the fresh wound. “I… Shade was my closest friend. We both had known each other when we were alive, so our rapport was pretty good… I can't believe she's gone.” The undead murmured, his eyes returning to their normal size, turning a dark shade of blue.

“I know how that is, except I had to see it twice…” Dollie said softly, lowering and nuzzling into Matthias’s chest.

A single tear came out out his right eye, his inner emotions in utter turmoil. Fighting for control, Matthias prayed for a favor from the God of Love, to turn him human for another day. His body immediately repaired itself, as he turned into a human again. A flood of silent tears poured out of his eyes, as he held her against him. He hid his face, so she didn't see how truly broken he was.

Dollie comforted Matthias to the best of her ability, wiping away his tears and whispering sweet things to him softly. “It’ll be alright, maybe not now or some time soon, but at a time it’ll be alright, my love…” She cooed to him, gently petting his hair as she did so.

Matthias finally sobbed, as his control over his emotions faltered. After a few moments he pulled away, his face tear-stained. “I-I'm sorry. Not my best day, or my finest moment, I'm afraid. I… I think I've reached my breaking point. And I don't know how to fix it.”

“Then I’ll help you.” Dollie said simply, smiling sweetly at him as she wiped away more tears. “I’ll help in any way I can, just say what you need and I will do it.”

He smiled ruefully, as he kissed her. “You already are. All I want you to do is remain as beautiful and kind as you are now.” Matthias rested his head atop hers, savoring her company.

Dollie nuzzled into Matthias, wrapping around him tightly yet gently, “Matthias, I think I really love you… I do…”

The young man widened in surprise for a moment, before a smile spread across his face. “I love you too, Lydia. You're more precious to me than the most coveted diamond, because your beauty far outshines it.”

Lydia blushed at the comment, “T-thank you… my king…” She smiled, looking up at him.

Matthias blushed as well, as he leaned forward. “No, thank you, my queen. Without you, I'd crumble, and be less of the man you love. I'm not strong enough to face adversity on my own, let alone emotional trauma. But with you at my side, I feel… safe. Strong. Like the world can't hurt me as long as I have you.” The young king whispered, before kissing her on the lips, in a gentle, sweet way.

Lydia smiled into the kiss, wrapping her limbs around him as they lay there.

The two lovers snuggled together for a long time, forgetting their troubles and woes. After a while, T.D. sat up suddenly, the action forcing Dollie up as well.

“Hmm?” Dollie softly squeaked, looking up at T.D..

“Something's not right… I think someone's here. And I don't think they're here for pleasantries…” Matthias replied, grabbing a nearby black object, quickly sticking it in his pocket, before lifting the succubus up, bridal style. He quickly moved away from their spot, kicking his stone coffin, hard.

Dollie held on tight, looking to the coffin to see what would happen when kicked.

Suddenly, the lid slid off revealing a deep underground passageway. “Just in case.” Matthias murmured, as he began to descend through the escape tunnel. He set Lydia down, grabbing a lever that put a fake floor in front of the passageway.

“Where does this go?” Dollie asked, conjuring a small, purple flame in her hand, likely some shadow magic. It lit up the surrounding tunnel, so the two could see.

“Ironically, it leads to a coal mine, one that ran out of coal a long time ago.” He answered, walking into the darkness.

Dollie followed behind like a loyal puppy, lighting the way as they went, “Where do we go after?”

“Either we go to D.S. or we can camp out at my other safe house.” Matthias proposed.

“I’m fine with either one, so you pick.”

“Well, it'd be safer to be with our associates, but that could expose our base. If we went to my safe house, we could enjoy ourselves and contact HQ about our situation. It’d be a bit more dangerous since we don't know what's chasing us. I'm ok with either, so it truly comes down to you, Lydia.”

“I would rather the safer option, I don’t want anything to happen to you…” Dollie said softly.

Matthias stopped, turning around as he stared into, what he considered, the most beautiful woman in the world's eyes. The young man smiled, happy that she cared for him. “I can still fight, I'm just not as good without my undead form. But spending any amount of time with you, far outweighs any danger.”

“At HQ we could still spend time together, you know.” Lydia giggled, kissing Matthias’s cheek playfully, “But, if you would rather it we can go to your safe house.”

“But we wouldn't be alone…” Matthias responded, returning the kiss with one that held far more passion in it.

“So, let them know we’re together, I hold no shame about it.” Lydia said after the kiss, grinning.

Black0ut

(Almost) Too Late, cont.

“As you wish, M’lady.” Matthias said, caving easily to her demands.

“Then lead the way~”

Matthias obliged, navigating through the plethora of maze-like tunnels, eventually popping out of the tunnel with Dollie in tow.

Dollie extinguished the purple flame she had been holding, following T.D. to HQ, and subsequently his office.

Walking to his desk, he leaned on it, a slight smile on his face. “So… what do we do now, my queen?”

“Well…” Lydia began, sitting atop the desk, “We could do whatever you wanna in here.”

Matthias smiled, his face turning slightly red. “Queens are stronger than kings, and generally pick the best options.”

“Oh? I wasn't aware~” Lydia chuckled, then pulling Matthias closer to her to where his hands were on either side of her on the desk.

“And what will you have me do, my queen? I'm yours to command.” Matthias asked, his face turning red.

Lydia then noticed some photos on the other side of the desk, of bloody crime scenes connected to a case he’d been working on. Her originally soft smile turned into a twisted grin, soft chuckling filling the air.

Matthias saw the weird expression, and grabbed her hands. “Lydia, what's wrong? Why are you laughing?” He asked cautiously.

Lydia didn’t say a word further, getting up and making a mad dash out of the office, dropping her human disguise along the way.

Matthias face contained a shocked look, before he sprinted after her.

She was making her way to the back exit of the building several floors down, bow drawn as he recognized the look this was, back before she came to her senses even once. The look of her eyes he got just before, was one of bloodlust, and when this clicked in his mind he knew what she was about to do, should she get away from him.

Matthias sprinted faster, his eyes full of determination. He would save her from herself, even if she tried to kill him. He ran even faster, his human body aching from the exertion, now trailing directly behind Dollie.

As she turned the corner, Dollie tripped, managing to close the distance some between her and Matthias, just enough to be caught.

Matthias wrapped his arms around her, carefully watching her horns to make sure they wouldn't hit him. “Please...please calm down, Lydia. I can't lose you too. I love you too much to see you stray into the darkness again. Please..come back to your senses.” The young man begged, a desperate look on his face.

Lydia stopped moving for just long enough to whisper, “Too precious, can’t play with you… would miss you too much…” Then, she writhed and screeched in his grasp trying to get away, or even just to her bow that she had dropped upon falling.

Matthias held on tightly, tears streaming down his face. He let himself fall, bringing Dollie with him. “Please... Lydia. Do what you will to me, but, please don't hurt anyone else.” He sobbed, his composure partially returning after a moment, “I need you more than ever, otherwise I'll break. I won't be myself anymore. Please don't go.” Remembering the item he grabbed from the crypt, Matthias debated on using the metal object on Lydia, but quickly shook his head, denying the thought before it could blossom.

Lydia’s struggling calmed a little, “Can't hurt you…! Too precious!” She said between gritted, knife-like teeth, notably her canines being larger than the rest of them. After, she started up again with stronger struggling and screeching, determined to get away but not hurt Matthias.

Where did she get this strength? Matthias thought, as he released her, simultaneously grabbing the black object. He stuck it to his head, as the light gleamed off the object. It was a gun. “I… I can't allow you to hurt people, my love. I guess I ran out of options, so this is my last gambit. In this human form, this gun is enough to kill me, ensuring I won't come back from it. If you take another step towards the exit, I'll fire. You… you control what happens now, Lydia. Whatever you choose, know that I love you immensely.” He crawled backwards before standing, a rueful smile on his face.

“NO!!” Lydia screamed, knocking the gun from Matthias with an arrow, “Precious… Too precious…” She went on, then beginning to cry as she fell to her knees, “No hurting yourself… My precious…”

He walked slowly towards Lydia, as he hugged her. “I… care too much to let you go through with your murder spree. Just as much as you cared about me that you wouldn't let me shoot. You're my angel, my light, my everything. Please… don't go.”

“Won’t go… just…” Lydia paused, snarling at nothing in particular as she said, “... hungry…”

He looked into her eyes, pain evident in his. “What are you hungry for?” Matthias asked gently, as he held a hand to her face.

Lydia then looked almost ashamed, mumbling something as she averted eye contact. Matthias then notices two small, round scars on her neck.

Matthias contemplated heavily, before tilting his neck towards her, “Use my blood. After 20 hours, it won't matter how low my blood is.” He closed his eyes, forcing himself to be calm.

She placed a hand on his chest, shaking her head, ‘Will be back… Promise no one will be hurt…” She said quietly, disappearing from sight. Some time later, she showed back up in his office just before he went back, a few blood bags in tow as she tried to figure out how to open it, snarling and growling in frustration.

Matthias opened his eyes, his fatigue showing slightly, as he got up, walking towards Lydia, before tripping over his feet, and falling. He smashed into the durable floor, groaning slightly as he got up, a stream of blood gushed out of his nose. “Oww…” Matthias mumbled, pinching his nose to at least slow the blood flow. “You need some help opening those?”

Lydia squeaked like a mouse in fright, not having noticed him until he tripped. She then made her way over, licking him clean of the blood before nodding that, yes, she needed help.

Taking a quick look at the blood bags, he returned to his desk, grabbing an IV cord and a straw. He slowly walked back, tripping over a book he hadn't put away,falling hard on the magically-imbued hardwood floor. “Owww…” Matthias grumbled, a similar nosebleed occurring, as he finally reached the blood packs. He took the end that was meant to go under a patient’s skin, went up a fair way along the cord, and asked, “Could you open your mouth, Lydia?”, blood still flowing from his nose.

Lydia focused on Matthias’s nose, once again licking up the blood tenderly before healing his nose. After, she obediently did as she was told.

Matthias stuck the middle of the tubing in her mouth, her teeth cutting through the plastic cord like butter. He moved back to the bags and hooked up the IV cord, putting the straw at the end of the cord. “That should do it…” Matthias yawned, his groggy nature telling him to go sleep. He went over to his desk, losing his balance and practically collapsing behind his desk.

Lydia caught him and set him down gently, laying across him like a loyal pet as she fed from the bags of blood, purring softly. She then closed her eyes, falling asleep with him. After some hours, she woke up, now back to her more lucid state as she reverted back to her human form. She then poked T.D. awake, asking “What the fuck happened in the past few hours?”

Matthias’s eyes fluttered open, trying to focus on her. “Something about Werewolves, Cannibalistic cultists, and Vampires. Or something similar.” he answered, rubbing his head gently, “I feel like I got hit with a truck…”

“Okay then…” Dollie sat up, then setting his head in her lap and proceeding to pet him, “That doesn’t explain the IV of blood that was in my mouth, but okay.”

He gently grabbed her hand, as he took on a more serious look. “My dear, you have some undead blood in you. You're not a pure-blooded demon. Last night, I fought to protect you. And… I almost lost. You saw a bloody crime scene, and went berserk, trying to leave the HQ. I ran after you, eventually caught up to you… and… convinced you not to go anywhere with your bloodlust. And beyond that, I actually can't recall too much. It's all fuzzy…” Matthias elaborated.

“Just… rest for now, alright? You seem like you need it…” Dollie said softly, continuing to pet his head as she processed what was just told to her.

Matthias let his arms slowly drop to his sides, as his eyes flickered. “As you wish, my queen.” He answered, his eyes closing shut.

--------------

Having searched the crypt, the intruder found the secret passageway, and exited from the coal mine. Having lost sight of his query, Simon sighed heavily, picking up his phone to dial his boss.

“He got away...I understand, sir, I-...it won't happen agai-... yes, sir. Will do.” Simon snapped the phone shut, sticking it in his pocket. He began walking away, whistling an infamous tune from an American movie, 'Kill' something, as he walked away.

ExoGrim

Just Friends?

ExoGrim as Winter

Smallelvenprince as Dollie and Nathanial

Winter quickly finished her desk work and left for the door. She had another date with Nate and she couldn’t want. On her way to their meeting place, she check to see how much money she had. Just enough in case Nate forgot to bring his own.

Nate was leaned up against a wall, managing to have fallen asleep standing up whilst waiting on who he called his “little snow leopard”. Even upon being approached, he still didn’t wake up.

Winter sighed, then shook him up, “Come on, now’s not the time for sleeping.”

Nate then fell over, bouncing back up with a fright, “What happened?” He slurred, half asleep.

“You fell asleep again,” Winter said softly into his ear, “What would you do without me?”

“Probably be in a coma, to be honest.” Nate chuckled, “And probably dream about you a lot. Then again, may be some fucked up shit in there too… I have really bizarre dreams a lot…”

“Bizarre, huh?” Winter said, intrigued, “What kind of thing happen in your dreams?”

“Well, there was one where I was Satan’s cat, then another where there was this talking ant in an explorer’s outfit, and another was that I was a girl…” Nate rambled on, continuing to list a few more odd dreams of his, “Anyway, you’re probably weirded out by my subconscious now…”

“Hey, maybe you’ll get lucky and have a dream where you’re me,” Winter teased.

“Maybe I’ll get luckier and have a dream about just you and me, eh?” Nate teased back, a smirk on his face.

Winter kissed Nate and helped him up, “Come on, I know a really good sushi place in the area.”

Nate smiled into the kiss as he got up, then following her a bit like a puppy would. “So what did you wanna do after food? Any ideas?” He asked.

“Probably just window shop for a bit… then how about my place for some fun,” Winter purred.

“Sounds good to me~” Nate replied as they entered the establishment, being a gentleman and helping Winter be seated first before taking his own.

“Why thank you,” Winter said as she sat down, “I didn’t know that gentlemen still existed in this day and age.”

“But of course, m’lady.” Nate smiled, resting his head in one of his hands as he looked at her.

Winter was about to say something when noticed someone familiar. She wasn’t sure who it was, they were a bit blurry. She squinted to see who, with little success.

Nate gave Winter an odd look, then looking where she was. “Ain’t that Dollie over there?” He asked, completely unaware of Winter’s vision problem.

“I think so,” Winter replied, “I can’t tell though, she’s took blurred.”

Dollie happened to see the two, smiling and going over, “Hi guys! I didn’t think I’d run into you today Winter!” She said cheerfully, then glaring at Nate before putting him in a headlock, “AND YOU, YOU DON’T SAY A WORD BEFORE LEAVING TEN YEARS AGO AND SUDDENLY COME TO MY WORK?!”

“I tried b-but I couldn’t find you!” Nate choked out, managing to escape and catch his breath, panting.

“Wait, you two know each other?” Winter asked, shocked at Dollie’s sudden hatred.

“Well, ya see, we both were a bit crazy back in the day and well I got caught up in some shit.” Nate said somewhat nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Probably some booty call you never came back from.” Dollie teased, almost as if she were his big sister figure.

“It was something serious! I know I was a lady’s man but still! I can have serious shit go on!”

“There are a lot of secrets when it comes to the two of you,” Winter muttered, “That doesn’t explain why Dollie thinks you just left her though.”

“I tried calling her before I wasn’t able to anymore, I did!” Nate claimed, rather honestly in fact.

“Alright, I’ll give you that, but what about when you could again?” Dollie retorted, to which Nate then muttered, “I kinda forgot…”

“You’d forget your head if it wasn’t on your body… oh wait, that happened once.” Dollie giggled a little, “Remember when I accidentally beheaded you? That was a TRIP.”

“Ladies, calm down,” Winter exclaimed, “Besides, not like you would’ve answered if he called you now a days. Since you’ve been occupied with your little hunk-of-man, Mathias.”

Dollie froze up, Nate proceeding to ask in a “I know who you like and this is second grade” tone, “Ooooh, who is this Matthias, Dollie?”

“A revenant that we work with that Dollie is head-over-heels in love with,” Winter replied.

“... Gonna be honest, yeah that sums it up pretty well…” Dollie said quietly, blushing quite a bit.

Nate then started to giggle, “Never thought you’d be involved with the undead, especially like that, Dollie.”

“To be honest, I wasn’t expecting that either…” Winter remarked.

About then, Dollie’s phone went off. When she checked it, she then sighed, saying, “I have to go, but you,” she paused and pinched Nate’s ear, “we are having some discussions later.” She said like a scolding mother, then exiting the restaurant.

Nate rubbed his previously pinched ear, “Oww…”

“You two almost seem brother and sister, the way you act,” Winter said, “But that’s besides the point, we’re still on a date.” She let out another purr.

“Both are quite true.” Nate concurred, smirking at her. “So, usually dates are about getting to know one another, ask me something and I’ll answer.”

“What did you do that got you in that much trouble?”

That question put Nate in a state of unease, “I promise I’ll tell you, but I can’t do it here.” He explained in hushed whispers, being sure no one else heard.

Winter kissed him and said, “It’s okay, I’m a patient person.”

“Alright… then a different question for now?”

“What was your favorite prank when you were a kid?”

“Cat-napping the neighborhood cats, then letting them all into one neighbor’s lawn. Hated the guy and he was allergic, like sneezing fit allergic not ‘I’m gonna die’ allergic.” Nate then chuckled, “It was hilarious to see…”

Winter laughed, “You and your cats.”

“Next question? Or should I be asking now?”

“Yes you should.”

“Alright, favourite fish?”

Winter had to think for a second, but concluded, “That would have to be salmon.”

“Okay, what about… most bizarre dream you’ve had? Or sexiest. Either one works.” Nate smirked, chuckling.

“The most bizarre dream I’ve had is when I was a fish and I was trying to run from myself,” Winter answered.

A few hours of question, answer and sushi went by, Nate then asking, “You wanna head on outta here?”

“Sure,” Winter said as she lead him out of the restaurant and to her house. For a night of “fun.”

ExoGrim

Curious Kitty

ExoGrim as Winter

Frostlich1228 as Wisp

Wisp dodged through the blasts from the training enemies as it worked on it’s maneuverability in combat. Wisp managed a full 4 seconds of not getting hit under the fully of magical attacks, thanks to his compact form, but that ended when one laser scraped his side, sending him to the ground.

Wisp quickly floated up, stopping the training exercise and starting up a new one, this time to help him practice some new magical attacks.

Winter walked over to her usual training area, only to find that it was in use. She knocked on the door, “Am I interrupting anything?” She asked through the mic.

Oh, no! Not at all! Wisp replied, floating around to face her.

“Good, this is kind of my place for practice,” Winter said, “Though a lot of people don’t like this area due to it being old.”

People don’t like this one? That’s a shame… I like it… Wisp responded.

“Well, when it’s been around since the beginning of the Society,” Winter stated, “You kind of see the age of it. There are a few problems in the programming here. And to be honest, I only really use this place for sparring, due to it’s large size.”

Well then… Would you like to spar? Wisp took a second, then quickly reconsidered, Actually, we wouldn’t be able to go all out… Our attacks do serious damage to a creature’s soul.

“Well, I have more than one soul, so it wouldn’t be that bad, but…” Winter said, “I’m still recovering from my sparring match with Alciel, so I would have declined anyway.”

Who is… Alciel? The soul core asked.

“He’s a new recruit,” Winter answered, “But he has the same skill as us, so he’s a mid-tier.”

Ah… He Sounds nice! I can’t wait to meet him! Wisp replied, My creator said he has been creating something to help us with this new threat… I might get two new friends!

“Two? I thought he was making one thing?” Winter inquired, “And who made you anyway? That’s something I’d like to know.”

Oh, when I said two, I meant Alciel! The King in Yellow is only creating one creature for our organization…

“King in Yellow?” Winter said, looking at the documentation on Wisp, “That’s funny. His name isn’t on the document. I’ll have to meet him in person than.”

The King in Yellow is the jailor of the underworld… He has a habit of creating things with the souls of the evil… Like us… To help us atone! And be good guys! It explained.

“Is that so. Would you be willing to introduce him to me?”

He usually only likes to be summoned for important work… I’d expect that is true now more than ever, he is working on a new project after all. Something he has never done before.

“Fine,” Winter said, “But what about Jack? Is Yellow after him?”

Ah… The Ripper? He has been… Interested in Jack for a while… but that’s all I know… Wisp responded after a moment, We are still unsure if we should trust him ourselves… But if The King hasn’t come for him yet, he may not at all…

“Why don’t you trust Jack?”

He is a criminal…One of history’s most infamous murderers! He hurt my friend! I haven’t found a reason to trust him so far…

“First, the situation with Dollie was an accident,” Winter explained, “And second, you never asked Jack for his side of the story about the whole murder thing.”

He butchered those women… What else is there to say? You can’t butcher someone by accident… Wisp said matter-of-factly.

“But there’s a reason for everything,” Winter retorted, “How do you know it did it for pleasure? He could have had good intention for what he did… just bad actions to doing them.”

Well… If my creator is on the fence about him… Maybe he is indeed innocent… The soul core said, trying to keep an open mind.

“Have you ever thought about asking your creator these questions?”

I have… but he won’t answer… I’m sure it’s for a good reason though!

Winter paused for a moment, then asked, “Have ever wondered you were before you became a soul core?”

I… Yes… We don’t want to make those same mistakes again… After all… But The King has kept us far from our alpha, and has told us little… Wisp admitted.

“What if I told you that Jack might know the answer to that question?” Winter inquired, “He’s always referred to you has a ‘her’ and I think he knows the truth behind you and Yellow.”

Then maybe we can get our answers from him…
finally… just a little peek… then we’ll leave it alone… right? Wisp began to shake briefly, but quickly reeled itself in.

“Sadly, you’re going to have to wait,” Winter stated, “He’s currently on a mission with one of the angels who transferred here, so he’s unavailable at this time.”

Thank you for the information Ms. Winter! I’m sure this will help us lots! It spoke ecstatically, floating backwards to the door.

“See you later then?” Winter asked, a little confused.

Yes… See you… I have to do something…

“Bye~” Winter waved as the soul core left.