Gamigon goat needs lore!

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
So I figured since I have a crew of writers/roleplayers here. Maybe you can help me create the backstory for Gamigon our official mascot? The best creation or combination will be added as part of official site and used as lore and background to creating new drawings of gamigon. Below I included some concept art to help.

Mascot Revisions.png

Attachments

• Mascot Turnaround Final.png
    Mascot Turnaround Final.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 419

BlueBead

It's so cool to see my art as the logo for a website like this! I'm honored to have been the first choice as the artist to make it! :D
I'm eager to see what kind of story ideas people can come up with for this guy. I had a fun time designing him.

Grelite

Stuff I just made up said:
Gamigon is the avatar of the Gaming Gods; their way to observe and interact with the world. Gamigon is infused with the essence of each of the Gaming Gods making it transcend themes, genres and licenced publishing. Wherever or whenever a conflict of gamers arises, Gamigon will be there to remind everyone that they are all gamers and will show them what gaming truly is about.

Not quite there with the legend of how Gamigon came to be, but if someone else has idea about that, do add.

BlueBead

Not quite there with the legend of how Gamigon came to be, but if someone else has idea about that, do add.
The first thing I thought when reading that was that the Gamigon Goat is some kind of peaceful messenger of the Gamigon Gods... and that the messenger is just a little bit dumb.
But don't shoot the messanger. Especially when the messenger is half cyborg.

Grelite

The first thing I thought when reading that was that the Gamigon Goat is some kind of peaceful messenger of the Gamigon Gods... and that the messenger is just a little bit dumb.
But don't shoot the messanger. Especially when the messenger is half cyborg.
I figured since players are often represented by avatars in games, it'd be funny if the Gamicon mascot was also an avatar. Not so much a messager as a medium for interaction. Perhaps its purpose in my version was a little too cliché/lame.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
(I just went crazy on this one, I hope you get a good laugh out of it.)

Gamigon was once a normal goat. He would jump, graze, sleep, and...and...well whatever else goats do. Unfortunately, Gamigon wandered into a secret government building because the guards were on a donut run. He wandered a room where all the government servers were held. After staring down one of the great big machines and baaing a mighty baa, Gamigon slammed his head into the sever! Repeatedly, in fact. After a long time of senseless baaing and slamming face against machine, Gamigon was sucked into a giant portal from somewhere unknown! Gamigon was brought before the internet gods of Gabe Newell, Bill Gates, and Keyboard Cat. They bestowed upon him his righteous name and some cyborg upgrades, as the goat's brain capacity was that of a rock. After giving him over 6 RAMs of power and a CPU that would make Steve Jobs turn in his grave, he was set forth onto the internet to spread joy and love for gaming...and to also be a goat. It is here, on Gamigon.Com that the mighty goat calls his domain, to rule for eons to come! (Or until Sarge changes the site again...) Thus concludes the story, of Gamigon the Goat!

Grelite

(I just went crazy on this one, I hope you get a good laugh out of it.)

Gamigon was once a normal goat. He would jump, graze, sleep, and...and...well whatever else goats do. Unfortunately, Gamigon wandered into a secret government building because the guards were on a donut run. He wandered a room where all the government servers were held. After staring down one of the great big machines and baaing a mighty baa, Gamigon slammed his head into the sever! Repeatedly, in fact. After a long time of senseless baaing and slamming face against machine, Gamigon was sucked into a giant portal from somewhere unknown! Gamigon was brought before the internet gods of Gabe Newell, Bill Gates, and Keyboard Cat. They bestowed upon him his righteous name and some cyborg upgrades, as the goat's brain capacity was that of a rock. After giving him over 6 RAMs of power and a CPU that would make Steve Jobs turn in his grave, he was set forth onto the internet to spread joy and love for gaming...and to also be a goat. It is here, on Gamigon.Com that the mighty goat calls his domain, to rule for eons to come! (Or until Sarge changes the site again...) Thus concludes the story, of Gamigon the Goat!
I love it! Took me a second to process the RAM-joke (ba dum tsh), but it made me laugh.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
I am glad everyone loved my Gamigon lore. I was just trying to make it as outrageous and funny as I could and it seemed to pay off!

BMPixy

Contrary to popular belief, the robot part of Gamigon actually came before the goat part. One could spin a long tale involving secret government agencies and mad scientists, and they would probably compliment you on your story-telling skills, but the truth is much more simple. The original frame was built as a replacement for disability-assistance animals in the distant year of 3073 after the Great Dog Plague wiped out all but a few, heavily inbred species of dog. However, due to problems with the Uncanny Valley and explosive overclocking, the scientists in charge of production decided to flash-clone parts of actual goat onto the frame. As with any group project, there's that one guy who goes way too far, and not only flash-cloned the cute bits, but also the brain of a goat. As with anything involving goats, this went pear-shaped faster than one can say 'Should have seen that coming.'. A few misadventures involving the release of a pod of hive-minded sapient dolphins, a mass-to-data transmuter, and the dilaton, the server rack containing the twinned consciences of disability-assistance robot and goat found itself in the year 2014, whereupon the rest is history. Also present, and in some cases possibly future as well. Time travel.

Decided to go with something a bit different than the 'goat enlightened by the powers of [(fictional) deity/deities)]'. Probably should be applying these creative juices to something else, but whatever, lore is good.

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

[QUOTE = Lore]Contrary to popular belief, the robot part of Gamigon actually came before the goat part. One could spin a long tale involving secret government agencies and mad scientists, and they would probably compliment you on your story-telling skills, but the truth is much more simple. The original frame was built as a replacement for disability-assistance animals in the distant year of 3073 after the Great Dog Plague wiped out all but a few, heavily inbred species of dog. However, due to problems with the Uncanny Valley and explosive overclocking, the scientists in charge of production decided to flash-clone parts of actual goat onto the frame. As with any group project, there's that one guy who goes way too far, and not only flash-cloned the cute bits, but also the brain of a goat. As with anything involving goats, this went pear-shaped faster than one can say 'Should have seen that coming.'. A few misadventures involving the release of a pod of hive-minded sapient dolphins, a mass-to-data transmuter, and the dilaton, the server rack containing the twinned consciences of disability-assistance robot and goat found itself in the year 2014, whereupon the rest is history. Also present, and in some cases possibly future as well. Time travel.

Decided to go with something a bit different than the 'goat enlightened by the powers of [(fictional) deity/deities)]'. Probably should be applying these creative juices to something else, but whatever, lore is good.[/QUOTE]
I actually find this intriguing, if somewhat silly as well. Nice work, now apply that spark to something. *winks, knowing what that could be specifically.*

B

Blondie

This is my version of the lore:

A scientist by the name of Alfred, dedicated his science career to discover and develop a cloning machine that would solve and end all animal extinction. One day, upon using his device to clone the near extinct goat species, he accidentally left a piece of scrap metal in the machine and a strange turn of events started to transpire...Gamigon was born into existence and as a result, created the first cyborg the world will ever come to see.

Adrammalech

There once was a goat named Gamigon
Who fancied himself a gaming paragon
He went to stores to wait in line
And dreaded DRM that was always online

He gets envelopes from Gamefly in the mail
And waits patiently for the Steam winter sale
On sugar and salt he survived
And with caffeine he thrived

He played strategy, RPGs and MOBAs
And had some FPSes just to fill a quota
But he still yearned for a game to tell his story
To tell the tales of goats in all their glory

One fateful day he heard of a sim
That might make light what had been dim
He quickly stampeded to the store
But got his hoof caught in the door

He broke a leg and his button-pressing arm
And got rushed to the vet with all due alarm
He thought he was done for because of this goof
Until the vet held up a glowing robotic hoof

Now he can shoot four times as fast
And button mash for hours and last
This is the tale of Gamigon the goat
Good thing it ended on a happy note

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

And waited patiently for the Steam winter sale

Crap, you rhymed. That always beats good stories...

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
i am really loving everything i am seeing. I don't know if i am going to be able to pick one winner. I plan on creating a dedicated section on the site for gamigon fiction writing and art. I really love everything getting made here. Its great to see the community really spark to life around something.

Big high five for everyone :p

I promise many more improvements incoming. Thank you all.

BlueBead

And waits patiently for the Steam winter sale

I think this is amazing, haha. It's more light-hearted than the deity stuff.
And nice rhyming, dude!

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
I think I am going to take a few of the stories here and combine them to one about page.