1. Welcome to Gamigon.com

Gamigon is a diverse community of people that love games. Register today to get involved! You will make gamigon the goat happy and make friends for life!

Already a member? Login Now!

Hello Everyone! I'm new and I love XCOM.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TelepathicallyChallenged, Jan 6, 2016.

1. TelepathicallyChallenged

TelepathicallyChallenged New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys you probably already know who is posting this but... anyways let me tell you all about myself just a little bit. I've been big into strategy games from the time I was a teenager and let's say it has made me into the person who I am today. I wanted to take the opportunity to say that I joined this site to role-play in XCOM journeys made by any of the commanders here on the site. I hope to see all of the rest of you on the battlefield.

2. Dahlexpert

Dahlexpert Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site

3. DarkGemini24601

DarkGemini24601 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. TelepathicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much guys I've heard great things from Commander Odd here and I can't wait to join the rest of you guys either.

5. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you been following the XCOM2 stuff that's been coming out lately? We won't be following whatever story they put out very directly (having our own) but we do plan to do an X2 RP towards the beginning of this summer.

6. TelepathicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually I have. I've watched every video commander Odd has put out on XCOM 2 and I might be able to rp more easily this summer anyways. It will depend on my schedule. I can also volunteer to be a commander in the process if necessary.

7. MarineAvenger

MarineAvenger Operator 21O Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have GMs who run the story. But just so you know, Odd does not really operate on this site anymore, let alone make video RPs using this. Hasn't seen his failed season 4.

8. Sarge

Sarge Just fix stuff. Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. MarineAvenger

MarineAvenger Operator 21O Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know I've noticed a trend where whenever we get someone new you seem to pop on to say welcome within days. It is scary XD

10. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Technically he offered to do a RP more recently but he put up a votr and people wanted to do that warzone survival game instead. So I dunno if he'll return.

Regardless, we just write out missions and everything ourselves. As the GM I dictate the story's direction and the mission overviews, but the players get to be their characters in combat and on base.

Be aware that if you do sign up the story will almost assuredly last over half a year (and probably no more than 10 or so months) so you'd need to be comitted for the long run.

11. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He probably has the forum watched but he's also a confirmed ninja... Er... Ranger

12. TelepathicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Thank you for such a warm welcome guys!
    And yes I will definitely
    be in it for the long run for sure. Just let me know whenever anything come up.

Thanks man its really appreciated!

And I'm currently a soldier in his most recent playthrough of XCOM: EW. You can check out some of the background I have as well as the most recent log I posted on the most recent video.

13. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I noticed he has a ghetto version of the journals but it's just not the same. Q_Q

Someone who is actually a devotee? Well then good sir... check out this thread, and if you're interested, figure out what sort of character you'd like to play. Send me a private message confirming that you'd like to be in, then work on a bio and submit that in the PM for review once you finish your first draft.

Info Thread: http://www.gamigon.com/threads/xcom2-rules-and-info.608/

(Feel free to PM me questions if you're unsure about something. Know that you've made an excellent first impression on me so far. :))

14. TelepathicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is the Pre-Op log that I posted on his most recent video so you can get a feel for my character.

Chris Henderson: First Pre-Mission Log #1

I finally get to get some action! The Commander asked me to go on a mission to check out a UFO that they shot down. I'm scared but at the same time I feel like this is my opportunity to let everyone see where I stand for the team. Man I'm glad we are bringing the pain this time around. And to find out that the covert op was a success made me feel amazing. I'm glad to see Evan back. I'm actually glad I got to meet the team that I will be going with. Hellskorn, Carpenter, Zhang, and Carlson. And how could I forget the new mec trooper Raleson. Man that must have been painful for her to do. I hope she is going to be ok for this mission I mean just heading out into the field after just getting four limbs amputated jesus that's insane. The exo suit looks cool though so I'm not to surprised that the commander asked her to do that.

The entire team welcomed me but they said to me to be absolutely careful out there as things can get really hairy. I told them all, "Don't worry guys I'm ready to hand out some pain on the ground. Even Hellskorn said to me, "I've got your back out there man no matter what happens." I said to her, "Thank you I know you have the best aim here so I already feel confident with you on our side." She said to me in Polish, "Careful with that confidence man it will serve you well but it might also hurt you in the long run." I kissed her and said, "Don't worry I can handle whatever comes." I think she blushed but I couldn't tell as she is hard to penetrate that stiffness that a colonel has but the rest of the base appreciated it I think they needed a laugh after what they all went through the last weeks, even "Tuna Fish" was like, "Oh gurl get some!" Even I got a chuckle after that. With that I got my gear on and loaded up for the mission. Man I hope it goes well.

END LOG.

Like I said @DarkGemini24601 This is just a taste of what I can create and come up with. I might actually make this character with a different bio for XCOM 2 we shall see.

15. TelepathicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And I also have prior DND experience here as well so yea it all helps when it comes to character development.

16. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice.