People commenting on vids...

jasper.vth

Well, I'm just getting frustrated at people who seem to have nothing else to do in life then to comment stupid stuff on peoples vids just to pick a fight. Just a few days ago I commented this on a trailer for some new content for Shogun 2 TW:

"Donderbuss is used in english? Didn't know that, it's dutch for thundertube (so it actually describes an early gun), the only difference is that in dutch we write it with 1 "s" at the end (donderbus), funny stuff"

A bit informative and all that
Someone answered:

"? What is funny exactly about any of that gibberish you just said"

So I explained:

"To you it probably isn't funny. To me however, being someone from Flanders (Dutch speaking part of Belgium) it is fascinating that a Dutch word is used in the english language. I saw you're from the UK, so I understand that this isn't funny or fascinating for you. But my language isn't so wide spread as yours, so I found it fascinating. Understandable isn't it? ;-)"

His response to this (I went to his acount to see in which country he lived, just to see with what I was dealing here):

"1 Who the hell is from the United Kingdom 2 What the hell did you just say? "

My response (At this time I already started to think that he wasn't the brightest):

"Well, according to your profile (which I checked to know what I was dealing with) you are... And I just tried to explain why the donderbuss thing was funny to me and why it apparantly wasn't funny to you... And please calm down :)"

(Yes I did put that smiley there just to tell him to be a bit less serious, I thought that would help with this guy) so he send me this

"Excuse me, "apparantly"? I am apparently from the UK? Calm down? With a smiley face on the end?
Are you some sort of anti-social 15 year old who just writes random nonsense on the internet? Well isn't this world turning out quite nice."

So for one he clearly couldn't read because "apparantly" was used in a entirely different sentence
So I send him a privat message:

"I have to answer to you through a private message because your answer to me did pop- up in my inbox but I can't find it between the comments of the vid itself so I cant reply through that.

I did not say you are "apparantly" from the UK, I used apparantly in a different sentence, I said you "apparantly" didn't find tht thing I wrote funny and/or interesting. Which I can respect, although you could have said it in a more nice way (you know, mutual respect and all that)

And no, I'm a 20 year old university student who has a social live. Because of your flattering answers I went ahead and checked your feed where I could see all your other reactions on other vids, you are just someone who likes to spend his life arguing with other people and calling them names. If that's your life, I feel sorry for you.

I hope you can now let it go, go and bother someone else."

I never heard of him again. I thought this was funny, there are people like this in almost every commenting section. If you got similar stuff, please show me. I like having a laugh :)

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Internet has always equaled stupid people. I would ignore wouldn't even talk to him.

I will try to find something similar.