Small Role Playing rules?

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Anyone have ideas to come with some very simple and basic rules for small role-plays?

Grelite

Does it need rules which do not overlap with any old RP/Story-Telling stuff? I mean, most of it isn't even Roleplay, just fiction writing, what can go wrong?

Adrammalech

I think any rules needed would be obvious (don't butt into people's stories without permission, just generally be considerate), but I think Grelite makes a good point. Maybe the board should be called "small stories" or "short fiction" or something else a little more general.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
With this sort of thing I don't think that a set of rules is needed since every story will be different depending on the writer. To not butt into stories is just something that is expected and if someone does it then we deal with it then.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
With this sort of thing I don't think that a set of rules is needed since every story will be different depending on the writer. To not butt into stories is just something that is expected and if someone does it then we deal with it then.
just because its expected to you, doesnt mean same for others. a basic rule set is required. even if its stupid.

Grelite

So something along the lines of "Treat the owner of the thread as the GM of the story: ask for their permission before posting or communicate with them about your contributions otherwise."