Star Wars: The Old Republic - Free to Play

Grelite

Starting November 15th SW:TOR will be Free to Play. I've been a subscriber before and I will be returning to the game. I don't know if the server that has my lvl 50s still exists, but if anyone else will be playing, I'd love to team up with old and/or new characters.

Anyone else looking forward to SW:TOR F2P?

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
I played it when it came out with great hopes. It felt much like WoW to me even though it was great. Will probably check it out again.

Grelite

It didn't feel like WoW at all to me, though I'd only played WoW for a few days. If it's the hotkey abilities thing, there's many more like it. One MMO as such I did like was City of Heroes.

Of course I am a huge Star Wars fan, but there's a bunch of stuff that sets it apart. The story-telling is awesome, there's voiced-dialogue for every quest-giving NPC, with dialogue options, giving more depth to what you do and giving you the opportunity to influence the story from time to time. The space-combat is surprisingly fun and a good way to diversify getting a little extra XP and stuff.

What concerns me is how limiting the free-to-play option will be, or rather what impact it will have on gameplay. But I suppose I'll have to wait and see.