Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So, since I've found myself with a decent chunk of free time, an urge in the back of my mind, and a desire to do something over here, I want to test the waters with a little proposal to gauge interest - I'd like to run a quest.

A quest is a forum based game, which is kind of the opposite of how we run our RPs here. Instead of everyone getting multiple characters, one character is controlled by everyone, with their actions being determined democratically. After voting, the GM posts an update with the next bit of story and thus, more decisions. This continues until the quest ends. Think those old Choose Your Own Adventure Books, but written live.

It'd probably be an Exalted quest, because that's the setting that most interests me at the moment (and I get the added plus of afaik nobody being able to metagame with their own knowledge of the setting), and I can do some cool stuff there. If you like Yu Yu Hakusho-style spirit detective stuff, Thunderbolt Fantasy, classical mythology (of both Western and Eastern heritage), things going all according to keikaku, things tragically not going according to keikaku, or punching people so hard that they turn into a duck, you'll (probably) enjoy what I have in mind.

Anyways, enough hyping myself up - opinions, everyone? (And don't feel any pressure to say yes, I'm leaving this up to opinion for a reason!)
I like classic mythology and love Yu Yu Hakusho (my favorite anime OAT). Not sure how much I'd be able to participate, but I'd have no problem casting a vote every now and again.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Alright, Marine can't make it initially. So what we'll have to do is do the fight with everyone but Drayce to soften the creature up. Then Drayce will come in once Marine has time. Either way, I'll finish it up tonight, at least with Dahl and Frost, and post what I have by tomorrow. If I have to post the part with Drayce later... well... So be it, I guess.
I'll be waiting on my doc #2, btw.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Updated Drayce bio has gone up. Do not read till after the mission is up. That means you Frost and Dahl. It has spoilers.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
As a final note before I stand silent to let other's read, it is nice to finally have a bio for Drayce, and to know more of his past. Many mysteries have been solved but I feel this is only the beginning of his tale.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Good Work Everyone! I loved everyone's part to play in the mission!

I have to say my favorite Chimera was the little possessing one, so creative Zombos! :3

I haven't read the new bio yet by Drayce's part was really interesting, did he make a deal with an Old God? Dangerous stuff, but we'll see how it goes. It will surely be awesome!

And Janne/Lyr and Mina was sweet too. I liked the Sylvie callback, I dunno, it just gives me a warm feeling when my characters are mentioned in collabs and posts I wasn't a part of. :)

Just a big great character development post. I hope Lyr enjoys his little bird friend too.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Good Work Everyone! I loved everyone's part to play in the mission!

I have to say my favorite Chimera was the little possessing one, so creative Zombos! :3

I haven't read the new bio yet by Drayce's part was really interesting, did he make a deal with an Old God? Dangerous stuff, but we'll see how it goes. It will surely be awesome!

And Janne/Lyr and Mina was sweet too. I liked the Sylvie callback, I dunno, it just gives me a warm feeling when my characters are mentioned in collabs and posts I wasn't a part of. :)

Just a big great character development post. I hope Lyr enjoys his little bird friend too.
If you liked that, just wait...

Black0ut

So, since I've found myself with a decent chunk of free time, an urge in the back of my mind, and a desire to do something over here, I want to test the waters with a little proposal to gauge interest - I'd like to run a quest.

A quest is a forum based game, which is kind of the opposite of how we run our RPs here. Instead of everyone getting multiple characters, one character is controlled by everyone, with their actions being determined democratically. After voting, the GM posts an update with the next bit of story and thus, more decisions. This continues until the quest ends. Think those old Choose Your Own Adventure Books, but written live.

It'd probably be an Exalted quest, because that's the setting that most interests me at the moment (and I get the added plus of afaik nobody being able to metagame with their own knowledge of the setting), and I can do some cool stuff there. If you like Yu Yu Hakusho-style spirit detective stuff, Thunderbolt Fantasy, classical mythology (of both Western and Eastern heritage), things going all according to keikaku, things tragically not going according to keikaku, or punching people so hard that they turn into a duck, you'll (probably) enjoy what I have in mind.

Anyways, enough hyping myself up - opinions, everyone? (And don't feel any pressure to say yes, I'm leaving this up to opinion for a reason!)
Totally would be up for that. Sounds fun. :)

so... what do people think of me and Frost collab?
Nooooooooooooooooice. It's actually pretty cool how Sylvie managed to build a rapport with Terra, which reminds me that I need to make a new collab with you Exo. :p

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hey guys. Finalizing my decision on where we will be going next as I catch up on individual collabs Will be posting another one in a bit.

On a separate note, I found a really cool font that I... can't use here. :( I've tried to copy and paste, but it just switches to a different font. Sigh...

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Aww! Cuties! <3

Although I'll have you know Drayce, Betty's baby girl does not play a second fiddle girlfriend! You better treat her good or Betty will paralyze you and prop you up on the roof like a gargoyle! :3