X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between Frostlih1228, Sharkdragon96, & ZombieSplitter53

INT. Barracks.

Persephone and Ayame wait eagerly for Anna to come in so that they could ask her about her experience out in the field. Ayame looks extremely nervous, rapidly tapping her foot in anticipation. "She...sh-she's been at the debriefing for a long time. M-Maybe w-we should go and see if she is okay."

Persephone rubs her back. "Give it a few more minutes, I'm pretty sure she's just running late. I know that if I went out there, I'd want some time to myself just to process what I'd just gone through."

Anna grabs the handle and pushes the door open. her face has a few small scars on it and her right arm has a few bruises. She looks at them both, giving them a smile.

Ayame jumps up and dashes towards Anna, leaping into her arms and practically shouting, "Oh God, Anna, I'm so proud of you!"

"Hey!" Persephone and hugs Anna. "You were friggin' awesome out there, congrats on the promotion too!"

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Ayame cries out.

Anna squeezes her tightly. " I really thought I wasn't going to see you again... "

"I...I-I'd be lying if those thoughts didn't cross my mind. Are you okay? That cyber disk hit you with a direct attack."

Persephone nods. "Oh my god! When that cyberdisk got you, I swear my heart stopped, but you friggin lived! How?"

Anna turns to Persephone. " I though I was dead too... Thank god I had about Four inches of Armor between me and that Cyberdisk! "

"And don't forget that extra protection you had on." Ayame adds.

"Yeah... If I was wearing any less armor that mission I don' think I'd be here right now... I feel bad for Farmer though. He wasn't wearing nearly as much armor as I was...that Cyberdisk was almost the end of him..."

Ayame's eyes dart back and forth in realization. She steps away from Anna, saying, "You're right. I was so caught up worrying about the people I care about, I didn't even think about how close Farmer came to dieing. Damn it, what's wrong with me?"

Anna puts her hand on Ayame's shoulder. " It's Alright Ayame.. Farmer is going to be fine. We should celebrate the fact that neither of us died on this mission...by all means he should've died there...so let's take this as a sign that someone up there was looking out for us today..."

"You have nothing to be ashamed of, Persephone adds. "I wasn't thinking about his safety either, I think some of us have become jaded to the point where death is just another thing we have to deal with on a regular basis." Persephone turns to Anna. "If he has any friends here at base, I have no doubt that they were too busy being worried about him to care about you when that cyberdisk hit you."

Ayame nods at the two others. "Good point. Let's just hope my first mission goes as well as that one, assuming I ever get out there."

Anna gives Ayame a reassuring look. "I'm sure you'll get out there next mission...I'm just worried about you charging into close combat with those things. You have no idea what it's like to be face to face with those monsters. It's so much scarier than you think..."

"It's okay. I'm sure I'll be just fine!" Ayame's words are confident, but her eyes betray the fear she truly feels. "Anyway, today isn't about me, Anna. You're the woman of the hour. Tell me, how did it feel to get to blast one of those alien bugs? I bet it felt like sweet payback!" She thinks for a moment. "But wait, you kinda like those things, don't you? Must have felt weird."

Anna rubs one of the bruises on her arm. "It was really hard...Like something was stopping me. I would've hit the first one but my arms flung themselves to the right for some reason...I had to fight my own body just to be able pull the trigger and kill one of them."

Persephone gives Anna a worried look. "You think it might...Never mind!"

Ayame looks away, knowing exactly what Persephone was going to ask.

Anna stays silent for a minute or two before managing to mutter single word. " Maybe... "

Ayame shakes her head. "Please...don't say it!" She pleads.

Anna sits down on one of the bunks and let's out a long sigh. " It's unlikely...but it could have something to do with whatever's in my brain..."

"Y-You don't know that!" Ayame shouts, near panicked. "There were two of those commanders there, right? Maybe it was them! Maybe they could sense that thing in you, and messed with you as a trick!"

"Ayame, calm down!" Persephone steps forward. "For all we know it could've just been a result of PTSD from the last time she faced one of those things!"

Anna runs her hands through Ayame's hair. "They're both valid possibilities. But even...even Zain knows something...I'm almost sure of it. He's a bad liar..."

Ayame steadies her breathing, and takes a seat. "I'm sorry, you're right. I shouldn't ruin you're big night worrying about things we have no control over. Um...oh, I was a little upset when the Commander had Booker finish off that cyber disk after it shot you. It should have been you're kill."

Persephone rolls her eyes. "Oh my god! Don't even get me started with him! I don't know him very well, maybe he's a nice guy, but it really pisses me off how much the commander seems to play favorites with him!"

Ayame nods in agreement. "I mean, what would happen, Heaven forbid, something happens to his favorites. He'll end up with a bunch inexperienced soldiers that aren't prepared for the sudden loss."

Anna smiles. "Yeah...and his helmet is better than mine!" Ayame chuckles.

"So what about those sectoids?" Persephone asks. "How did Anja feel after that experience?"

"Did you hear what she said over the Coms out there? She can't be taking it well. When I got off the Skyranger I saw her go straight to her room...she didn't even thank Colum for risking his life to save her..."

Ayame shudders. "Must be...so invasive, so disturbing to have one of those...things in your head. Like your mind is being violated. Hopefully Jasmin can make her feel better."

"It Happened to Zain too, on that Alien Base Mission. He said he didn't remember anything at all...I hope the same thing happened to Anja. I can't Imagine what's it would be like seeing everything that you're doing while it has control of you..."

"I guess different people can have different reactions to it." Persephone shakes her head. "All I know is if that happened to me, I think I'd need some time alone too."

Anna takes a nail file and start filing her nails to a point. " Yeah, Me too..."

Ayame raises an eyebrow, saying, "You've been filing you're nails a lot lately. Are you developing a kind of OCD?" She smiles to show she is just joking.

Anna smiles back at her. "I don't know, it's kind of a stress reliever...I just do it without thinking most of the time."

Ayame shrugs her shoulders and lays back. "This is nice, talking to my two best friends in the world. We need to promise each other that no matter happens, we'll never stop being friends, and we'll never forget each other."

Anna smiles, grabbing Ayame's hand. " I Promise... "

Ayame gives Persephone a hopeful look. She joins in, saying, "You two have made this experience for me all the more worth while. I'll never forget either of you." She responds Ayame with a look of gratitude and affection. Knowing that whatever happens in the end, the time they spent together was still worth it.

"Same here." Ayame stretches and yawns loudly, covering her mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry. Anna did all the work today, and here I am yawning."

Persephone chuckles. "Stop blaming yourself for everything, it's not like Anna was the only one having a rough day."

"I guess I say sorry to much....sorry."

Anna lays down on her bunk. " Yeah, you know...I think I'm going to take a nap. You'd be surprised how tired being shot at makes you..."

"I can imagine." She lays back down on her own bed, closing her eyes and mumbling to herself "I love my friends" before drifting off to sleep.

Persephone smiles. "I'll probably hit the hay as well in about a half hour, night guys!"

"i...want...some....chocolate...sashimi..." Ayame mumbles.

Persephone laughs. She sits in her bunk, writing another entry in her journal for about a half hour before climbing into bed with Ayame, and nods off. A few hours later, she wakes up hyperventilating again. She glances worryingly towards Anna's bunk and jots something else in her journal before trying to go back to sleep.

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Colonel Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills- 23
Missions-14
Support

"I haven't had much time to do these but they took some people into this new "psionic" lab thing. Apparently I had low willpower so I didn't go but they said that they might find that their brain is able to do the same things some of those aliens can do. Is this really how far their going to win this war? I signed up knowing I could get killed but become one of them, never...I'm glad they didn't take me." Zain has a confused look on his face "Some of the guys told me that that new alien somehow controlled me and that I didn't do a thing until they killed...Come to think of it, I did black out but their probably just messing with me." Zain looks at the picture of Alexia on his side table "I haven't seen her since the night before the alien base assault, I'm still new to this whole relationship thing but I guess I should've never met my first...girlfriend in a military base." Zain has a bright smile and then whispers "Girlfriend."

Zain lifts his shirt to show a large cut across his chest accompanied by his 2 scars from the cyberdiscs "The armor took the big hit but the Commander was fucking stupid and I could've fucking died...He just said run to the door and then 2 of those motherfucking chrysalids attacked me." Zain's anger lightens "Aaron tried to kill it but he didn't have a good enough weapon." Zain looks at the clock "Oh, I gotta run. The scientists want to examine me for some reason; they'll probably say something about that mind control bullshit." Zain leaves the room to go to the labs.

Zain returns in a couple of hours "HOLY CRAP, I ran into Anna and it's fucking true. They can control my fuckin mind!" Zain suddenly has a look of horror on his face "The psionic labs, they're going to give the people who have the "gift" those kinds of powers." Zain turns sad "I've lost faith in XCOM. While trying to defeat the aliens, we have become them...What's the difference? We both use those plasma guns, we're both fighting for earth and we have both killed people on the opposing side. And now...now we're using the same supernatural power shit as them." Zain starts pacing around his room "This is fucked up, they are fucked up." "Alright Zain, just calm down...nothings gonna happen to you, you'll be fine." He starts breathing steadily.

"Speaking of Anna, she said something fucked up...Does she want me to die?" Zain has a genuine look of worry "She said something about it being a shame that I wasn't put in the medbay after the mission." Zain messes his hair up "This is too much shit to handle right now...I just need some sleep and I'll be fine." Zain turns the camera off and goes to sleep.

AaronBryant

After healing I see you
A collaberative effort between AaronBryant and Zombiesplitter53

Aaron now healed from the plasma burns knocks on Jessicas door. His excitement mounting his predator instincts igniting a fire in his stomach.
Alexia opens the door and, seeing Aaron, smiles and says, "Hey handsome." She looks back into the room and says, "Hey Jessie, I'm gonna go see Zain, okay?" "You can't just go wondering..." Jessica comes to the door and smiles when she sees Aaron. "Y-yeah, sure Alexia, just try to keep your pants on this time, okay?" Alexia takes off, patting Aaron on the back as she goes, and Jessica motions for Aaron to come in.

Aaron strolls in grining watching anticipating. "Hello Miss Chambers" He pulls on one of his buttons on his shirt trying to keep his hands occupied until he choose the moment to strike. "Are you feeling better Aaron. You look better." She walks over to her mini-fridge and bends over to open it, asking Aaron, "What do you want to drink?". "Sooo much better" He walks over to her. Watching imagining what it would feel like to grope and spank her. "Im not exactly thirsty at least not yet." He stands behind her trailing a hand down her spine. "I missed you, and you look lovely as always."

Jessica shivers at his touch. She closes the mini-fridge and looks him in the eyes. "I missed you too. I wish they would have let me see you more, but I think they caught on that I might have a personal interest in you. I've never been good at keeping secrets." Aaron walks up close backing her against a wall "Its ok it made the waiting that much more wonderful." He stops an inch from her face and his heart is racing he could feel his passion burn all through him and his want swell. Jessica rests her arms on Aaron's shoulders. "Mr. Bryant, if I didn't know better, I'd say you came here with the intent to do something specific, most likely with me."

"Hehehe . . . " he waits looking deep in her eyes. He Kisses her roughly with a slight growl, and then he slides his tounge in her mouth playing with hers and taunting it to come into his mouth. Jessica obliges, passionately kissing him like they'd been separated for years. She pulls away, a small trail of saliva between they're mouths. She smiles, and kisses him again, somehow more passionately then before. Aaron bites her lip growling louder nibbling the sweet red strawberry. Then he moves to her neck sucking gently. His right hand moves up her shirt and feels her stomach for a moment. He moves upward finding a succulent treat his hand finds its home under the bra and begins massaging. His left hand moves around her hip and begins roughly groping her hind quarters He squeezes hard and pulls her in close his groin rubbing against hers.

"W-wait Aaron." Jessica pushes him back lately. "I-If we're going to do this, I...I need you to know that...I'm doing it because I like you, not because I'm loose. I might be flirtatious, but to be honest, I haven't...you know, been "with" a man in over a year." Aaron hears her and his head is cleared "I wouldnt be here if you didnt like me Jessica and I wouldnt be here if I didnt like you and your not loose your you." He smiles widely and puts his forhead to hers rubbing her ears he starts humming bohemian raphsody. Jessica hums with him, and starts stroking his chest. "Oh god, Aaron. I don't think I've ever met someone like you. I...I want you...". "Why do you think im here silly?" He nuzzels her neck enjoying the soft touch his chest is recieving. "You want me to be gentle or rough?" he nips her neck.

Jessica chuckles, moaning lightly. In a seductive voice, she says, "You can be as rough as you want, my valiant knight." Aaron swiftly returns to his previous postion pushing against her with his groin and pulling her in close with his hand. He sucks her neck harder making sure to leave a big red mark when he lets go to kiss her collar bone. His left hand moves to her thighs and starts slowly rising his right hand goes around the back and unclips her bra. He steps back and lifts her shirt over her head pulling it off he kisses the soft exposed flesh. Then slides off the bra the bat man design making him giggle just a bit.

Jessica moans passionately. "Oh god, you really now how to to make a girl feel good. But...w-what about you...it isn't fair if I have all the fun." She slips her hand under his shirt, rubbing his chest and quickly moving her hands south. He grunts a satisfied grunt at her touch. Then proceeds to take her left nipple into his mouth sucking sweetly on it his right hand giving the other attention. Aaron moves his left hand up her leg again going under her skirt and slowly pulling off her panties. When they had hit her knees he pressed himself against her, now massaging her bare ass.

Jessica unbuckles his belt and slips her hand into his pants. She lets out a soft chuckle, saying, "Well, with what you've got working down here, you could have gotten any girl on base. I guess I should feel lucky you picked me." He grabs both her wrists and puts her hands behind her back grinning like the devil. He gets on his knees and goes beneath her skirt gently licking enjoying himself more than Jess would ever know.

Jessica shudders in delight. Her panting gets faster and faster, her moaning louder and louder. After a few minutes, she lets out a passionate yelp, and slumps to the ground, breathing heavily, a small bit of drool coming from her wide smile. His predator side satiated he picks her up. "You still awake pretty angel?" he smiles sweetly at her. Seemingly in a dream like state, she stares into his eyes, whispering, "I-I want it. I...I want it now." He smiles laying her down on her bed pulling her shoes off and her panties the rest of the way he unbuttons her skirt and pulls it down kissing her stomach. He pulls his pants down a little more and sits up in her bed gently placing her on top of him allowing her to slide down softly and sheathing him fully inside her. "Oh god you make me insane" He pulls her close " You asked for it" he kisses her sweetly gently rubbing her breasts.

"Oh Aaron, I...I should have done this sooner. Oh god, Aaron, you're...you're so good." She bends down, kissing his neck and chest, desperately trying to make him feel as good as he's making her feel. Aaron grabs her waist unable to control himself and lifts her up and down faster and faster he whispers in her ear "Jessica Huff. . .I cant huff. . . hold on any more . . Huff" he nibbels her ear lobe and one hand gently claws her back begging for permisson. "Please," she practically shouts. "I want it! Please give it to me!" She shudders in delight again, tightly grasping Aaron's arms, lost in the delight of her second orgasm.

Aaron comes close to roaring as he unleashes his pent up passion inside of her climaxing hard and fully. He fills her to the brim he searches for breath instead kissing her. "hehe . . huff. . . worth the. . wait?" He holds her close still inside her enjoying her warmth and playing with her hair. Jessica can only nod, exhausted from the experience. She closes her eyes, losing herself to the sound of Aaron's heartbeat against her ear.. She rubs her hand across Aaron's arm, wishing the moment could last forever.

Grelite

It has become impossible to keep a schedule around the base. Sure, most of the time it is still quiet, but there is always the sense of the imminent sound of alarms going off. This means being prepared at all times, not tiring yourself excessively in training, making sure you always get enough rest, being able to drop anything you are doing at any moment to strap yourself in for the next mission. Even the base assault came without warning. The Commander decided it was time and within ten minutes we had a squad on the Skyranger.

Since our encounter with this mind-controlling alien it feels more and more as if we are slipping into an all out war. Missions start to blend together and with the constant travel and the underground nature of the facility, it has become difficult to keep track of time of day. These effects are clearly visible in some of the soldiers. Several of them seem to have forgotten what is at stake, why we are here. They have become so desensitized by the action that they started to live in a fantasy world where all that matters is their personal desires. Where the invasion becomes small talk. An inconvenience.

Between my time spend recovering from the injuries suffered in the field, the training I give and the paperwork that inevitably comes with the job, I find myself too busy checking my own mental state to make time to talk to them. I feel as though my inability to do more will become my downfall. When I run into the field, take a moment to check the squad for missing equipment, and forget to bring ammunition myself. I am struck by an unavoidable sense of paranoia, a need to focus on myself for the sake of others, as though my failure will mean the end of this project. It would damn humanity. Such is this paradox; I focus on myself so I do not fall when I focus on others.

Colonel Shaojie Zhang signing off.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Testing

The following is a collaboration between AaronBryant and Zombiesplitter53

Day 1
Aaron arrives at the Psionic Labs along with the other candidates, Jorn and Campbell. He is taken to an area separate from them. He gulps nervously and asks the doctor, "Is this going to be painful?"

A doctor types on a computer, various graphs and monitoring programs layered across the screen. "Well, Mr. Bryant, our initial projections say no, but unfortunately, with this being the first time we're doing this, I can't attest that with absolute certainty. But rest assured, we'll be monitoring you closely for any signs of trouble." He gives Aaron a reassuring smile.

Aaron quickly prays and steels himself, taking a large gulp of air. "Okay, I'm ready, what do I need to do?"

The doctor nods and goes back to typing. "Now like I said, we'll be watching you 24/7 to make sure nothing goes wrong. We're also going to assign you someone to check up on you in the testing chamber from time to time as well. Let's see who we've got..." He starts looking through his files.

"What are those files? Do they say anything interesting?" Aaron asks, mainly out of anxiety.

"Hmm? No, they're just personal files. I'm trying to figure out who would be best suited to watch over you." He scrolls through them, briefly stopping at Dr. Picardo and mumbling, "Way too busy." He continues scrolling, passing by both Jessica and Alexia's file.

"Uh, I have a pretty good rapport with the Chambers girls." Aaron smiles.

"Chambers?" The doctor scrolls through the files until he gets back to Jessica's and Alexia's. "Hmm...they're not really qualified for this...but I suppose no one really is." He reaches over and pushes a button for the PA system. "Jessica Chambers to the Psionic Testing Labs. Jessica Chambers to the Psionic Testing Labs." He turns to Aaron and asks, "Are you sure you don't have an more questions before we begin?"

"What do you guys think will happen to us. We are still going to be...us...right?" He clasps his hands together, gently squeezing them.

"We're not entirely sure," the doctor says reluctantly. "We're don't know how the new abilities might affect you. Theoretically, the device with bring to surface abilities that were already present, so any change to your personality would by minimum. Just promise me that if you find yourself able to throw objects with your mind or light things on fire with a look, you won't let it go to your head." He gives Aaron a smile.

Aaron gulps, because of all the things he could fear, the worse was losing his sense of humanity. "Oh, no way man, I'm too dumb to get that big of a head." Aaron laughs loudly trying to cover up his moment of silence. He notices his breathing becomes slightly irregular. He calms himself. come on man this is what people could do when they were trying to build the tower of babel when they were truly in touch with God or rather more this is going to make every part of you stronger especially your connection to him just calm down. Aaron breaths at a normal rate and just waits for the instructions to be issued.

From the next room over, Jessica can be heard asking, "You guys called for me? I'm not going to be tested, am I?" Someone outside with her says, "No, only soldiers are. The doctor probably just wants your assistance with one of them."

Jessica walks into the testing chamber and gasps when she sees Aaron. "A-Aaron? What are you doing here?"

He smiles his big stupid smile. "They told me I had the highest physical manifestation of willpower on the base. Who would have thought, huh?" He stares at her, absorbing the image in his head, trying to keep the thought in his head in case any thing changes. "You are always here for me. I just noticed that." he laughs. "I am pretty lucky. They said you're gonna be watching me 24/7".

Jessica forces a smile, but she is obviously shaken by Aaron's presence here. The doctor looks at her and says, "Just as Mr. Bryant said, initial testings have shown he has the greatest potential for manifesting psychokinetic abilities. You'll be monitoring him a few times each day, just to make sure he is okay." He turns to Aaron and says, "Sir, if you could take a seat in that pod behind you, I'll start setting everything up for the tests. You're going to be here for a while, so we have to make sure everything is ready." The doctor steps out, and Jessica continues to smile at Aaron nervously.

As the doctor leaves the room, Aaron stands and gently pushes Jessica against the wall, whispering to her. "I'm glad you're here." He nuzzles her neck.

Jessica closes her eyes. "I...I wish I could say the same about you. I'm scared, Aaron. What if something happens to you? What if something goes wrong?"

Aaron kisses her, pouring his need for her into the connection. He then steps back. "Then it does, but to be honest," he looks up as if he can see the sky, "I have always had someone helping me, watching over me, protecting me. I do not think that he would let anything happen to me that he didn't want to." he slips his hand around her waist and squeezes her close.

Jessica wraps her arms around Aaron's head and kisses him intensely. "I wish I had your faith, Aaron." She places her head on his shoulder. "We just started to get close. I don't want to lose you already because the pencil pushers decided to poke around with your brain."

"Don't worry about that now." He steps toward the pod putting one foot in. He turns and says, "My favorite color is blue." He steps into the pod and stands inside it. "Just thought you should know."

"Mine's red..." Jessica runs forward and wraps her arms around Aaron's head again, kissing him even more intensely then before.

Aarons heart starts racing and he kisses her back hard. holy crap you have no idea how bad you're going to get it when this is over. He feels a fire stir in his stomach and rip through his whole body like a wild fire. The pod closes. "Okay, Egg heads, lets get this straight. I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! Just let me know what it is I'm doing first." He laughs from inside the pod.

"Just relax, Mr. Bryant," says the doctors voice from inside the pod. "For the initial testing, we're going to test you're brainwave patterns while in R.E.M. sleep. You should start to feel drowsy in a few moments, so don't panic. You'll be awake again in about ten hours. We'll know were to go from there, based on the results." From outside the pod, Jessica mouths something that looks like 'I love you'.

Aaron has trouble making it out, but he thinks he understands. His heart rate increases but his head becomes foggy. "Are you serioush My first test is sleepsss But i was soo pumsa upd" He blacks out.

Jessica's smile fades, and she starts to cry. She is startled by the doctor's voice over the PA. "Alright Ms. Chambers, you're good for now, but we'll need you to come back in about five hours for a quick assessment of the subject, and then again in ten when he wakes up. I'm sorry for suddenly calling you like this. The subject asked for you personally."

"Its fine," Jessica responds, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm happy to help." She places her hand on the pod's window one last time, and exits with a sad look.

Last edited:

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Booker "Dewitt" Conan
Current Rank: Colonel
Mission Name: Driving Dream, Broken Heart, Spectral Future
Kills This Missions: Driving Dream - 5, Broken Heart - 2, Spectral Future - 5
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 81 Dead

Driving Dream Mission Log:

The people of R&D finished and made a new type of armor to try out and it will let me fly and the call from High Command tells us we have to escort a person out of the fire zone and meet a swarm of thin men but it is no problem for us when i am on the scene. This new armor worked well, Fly like a dream and spot some aliens and slayed them good.

Broken Heart Mission Log:
So thanks to the help of X-Com's R&D we had a way to get to the alien's Base here on earth in the sea near South America and deal with a swarm of strong mechanical enemy's at the start looked like a huge human farm. at the far end of the base i spotted a big red sectiod and some Orange beam thing next to it and setting things up to kill it Zain was under the alien's control but we mange to kill this commander and Zain normal again i hope he is OK after what happened. Steve made the call the area is now safe and got to work cutting things down so we can put all this alien tech in, The aliens even the new one we got to R&D for testing, the new odd thing was added and headed home. we got a great homecoming and knowing us we are going to be known in the whole base.

Spectral Future Mission Log:
with the war going in our favor with is new thing we got R&D has the new alien and the thing be a matter of time before they are solved. we have been sent to South Africa for cleaning up house on a crashed Battleship Class UFO. we did had a hard time at the end almost lost Big Farmer out there but he is in medical getting patched be back in 7 days. R&D has just made some kind of new test for us to go though and the test is only 10 days to go though. lemonade, Campbell and Bryant was picked for there first round of tests. there things i have to do back at the office until i am need.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: Guì yīng Takahashi (Sister), Ayaka Takahashi (Niece), Masao Takahashi (Brother-in-Law)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Dream Log:

Ayame walks slowly through another destroyed city, this one with a more familiar feeling then the last. She looks around, trying to get her bearings. She can hear screaming and sirens in the distance. A nearby explosion makes her take cover behind an object in front of her. She looks up, and takes a step back when she realizes she is behind one of the alien's odd abduction pods. She reaches to her side for a weapon, finding shotgun. She looks around again, saying to herself, "Where am I?"

"Beijing," comes a familiar voice from the distance. A dead sectoid comes flying from out of an alley way, it's face full of bullet holes. A copy of Ayame steps out, a shotgun in hand. "Well, my Beijing, probably not your Beijing." She looks around at the combination of modern buildings and fifteenth century buildings. "Okay, not my Beijing, more like a combination of my current Beijing and the one I remember from my childhood. If that makes any sense."

"Another one?" Ayame asks in frustration. "Jeez, I feel so vain, dreaming about myself so much. Between the kid version of myself giving me advise, the crazy version of myself trying to eat me, and my copy that claims to be over a hundred years old, I might as well dream about mirrors. So what's your story?"

The copy laughs loudly. "Wow, you're quite the little firecracker, aren't you kid? I'm that last one, actually, and to be more specific, I'm over five hundred years old." She smiles, "It sounds like you have some strange dreams, my attractive friend."

Ayame walks up to her. "So you're saying you're the same Woman from my other dream? With all the other mes?"

"From our other dream, with the other versions of us." The copy scratches the back of her head. "I had another dream with the chick with the...uh, light power. We talked, and came to the conclusion that we're probably all here for a reason."

Ayame thinks for a moment. "Um...okay...how do I know you..."

"Aren't just a dream?" The copy shrugs. "You can't, any more then I can know for sure you aren't just a dream. But it doesn't really matter, does it? We figured we were here because we are all in some kind of trouble, and we're supposed help one another." She extend her hand with a smile.

Ayame excepts her hand. "Yeah, sure, what the hell. Had anything in mind...um, Ayame?"

"That's the spirit, and for simplicities sake, call me Kasagi. Now grab your shotgun and take cover."

Ayame jumps behind a trashed car next to Kasagi and waits for her next order. Kasagi lifts her hand into the air and snaps her finger. A pair of sectoids appear in front of them, charging and shooting. Kasagi calmly leads the one closest to her and takes it down with a single shot. Ayame tries to imitate her, but hesitates, and misses when the sectoid jumps to the left. She ducks behind the car, but the sectoid follows. Kasagi jumps in front of it, high-kicking it into the air and blasting it before it lands. "I...I'm sorry, I panicked," Ayame says, trying to catch her breath.

"It's fine Ayame, don't worry about it. It looks like you haven't had much experience, and everyone has to start somewhere. Here, try this." Kasagi snaps again, changing Ayame's shotgun into a plasma pistol.

Ayame examines the pistol, asking, "How do you keep doing that?"

"Lucid dreaming. You can do it too." She points towards the street in front of them. "Take to one knee and focus. Remember to lead the targets, and keep an eye on the way they move so you can predict how they might dodge." Ayame takes her position, and Kasagi pulls out a pistol of her own. She starts snapping her fingers, causing more sectoids to appear. Ayame fires, trying to follow Kasagi's orders. Every time a sectoid gets too close, Kasagi takes them out. After a while, Ayame stops letting any get past, and Kasagi starts making Thin men appear. She struggles to hit the more nimble targets, but after a while, she again starts hitting most of them.

"You're a fast learner," Kasagi says, taking a break and sitting down. Ayame starts chuckling. "What's so funny?'

"I just think it's funny that I don't know what I'm more interested in, how you're supposed to be over five hundred years old, or how you were a member of X-COM."

Kasagi smiles. "Well, let's just say that when I died, I was a bit too upset to stay dead. A bit of a lonely existence, but I've met enough great people to keep me happy. As far as X-COM goes, I'm afraid in my...world, universe, whatever...our X-COM collapsed. Our Commander had a problem where he favored a few soldiers at the expense of all the other soldiers, particularly snipers. Then, he bit off more then he could chew, and he ended up loosing nearly everyone of his favorite top-ranked soldiers." Ayame keeps quiet, but her eyes show worry as she recognizes familiar patterns. "We fell apart after that, the whole thing culminating in a base assault that I barely escaped. I lost a lot of good friends there, only able to get out with two of them, Joseph and Anna."

"Oh, you have an Anna, too!" Ayame perks up.

Kasagi nods. "Yeah, but she didn't get out unscathed. I hope your Anna gets experience, because mine never got a chance, and was nearly killed in the escape. She was in no condition to fight after that, something I've never been able to forgive myself for. After that, the aliens went all out, and nearly wiped us out. Luckily Anna was able to rally the troops, much to everyone's surprise, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and with my and Joseph's support, she's proven to be a fantastic leader. We're on our way to victory, or at least I feel we are."

Ayame smiles, delighted in the story. "I really do hope you're not just a dream, because you're too cool not to be real."

"Thanks, kid, you seem alright yourself." Kasagi pats Ayame on the knee and climbs to her feet. "Alright, back to work." She snaps her fingers, and a pair of Alloy Cannons appearing in their hands. They spend an extended period of time practicing on Mutons and Berserkers, chatting like old friends and talking about how similar they're lives have been despite the extreme age difference. In the end, they collapse in exhaustion. Several Mutons remain, but Ayame tries the lucid dream manipulation, forming a M134 Minigun, modified to fire plasma rounds, and obliterates the Mutons in a hail of fire. "I like your style, kid. I like your style." She lays down, and seems to drift off.

"Thanks," Ayame mutters, drifting off herself, and waking up in her bed, smiling.

Last edited:

AaronBryant

Testing

10 hours later/ Day 2
Aarons eyes blink open "Hey Egg heads am I done in this thing I need to stretch my legs or you know do something" He sighs and yawns scratching his leg the best he can inside the pod. "Yeah, give us just a moment. It is important that we strike while the iron is hot, but you'll get breaks in between testing." A minute later, the pod slowly opens up. Across from it, Jessica is sitting in a chair, asleep. Aaron steps out "Like an angel" he walks over to her whispering "Im sorry that i called you here i was scared and i cant do this with out you". He brushes some hair off her face and gives her a soft kiss smiling sweetly at the drool forming in the corner of her mouth. He starts humming bohemian raphosdy and does one handed push-ups. waiting for what happens next.

After a minute, a loud noise from one of the machines startles Jessica awake. Surprised to see Aaron, she glances at her watch and stammers, "Oh, Aaron, I'm sorry, I...I didn't get much...I-I'm supposed to, um, to ask you some..,where is it...some questions. Please take a seat." She motions towards a nearby chair and starts flipping through a folder. Aaron gets up from the floor and walks over to the seat stretching slightly hoping the questions would be straight forward he found it difficult to focus around her. "Its ok, did you stay here the whole ten hours?". "No, no, just the last five, I had nothing better to do. Um...do you have any aches or pains?" she asks groggines leaving her voice. "No im feeling pretty darn good" He stretches some more "Just feel a little locked up". He smiles at her "alright lay those questions on me Jess" his eyes lazily follow the curves of her body and legs. Jessica smiles and asks, "First of all, did you experience any abnormal dreams? I mean, beyond how abnormal dreams usually are."

" Well, ugh kinda. I guess you guys wanna hear it. Well it started out like many of my favorite dreams do with me in Plate mail and a long sword and sheild" he winks at Jessica " I was fighting some hellhounds and then my sword turned into a heavy plasma which is weird for me cause i never dream about the tech here at X-com. Then i walked over to a pond and I looked in it and I saw this weird blue floating thing in a red robe looking at me. I looked down and i was wearing his stuff and floating around. I asked myself what i was and a voice in my dream head said it didnt matter it mattered who I was. Immediately following that my dream was much more pleasent there was a dark haired girl quite busty who was just giving me this look and it made me feel" He giggles "tingly" He winks at her to let her know he was dreaming of her.

She smiles sweetly at him, writing everything down. "I had a dream about a handsome knight on horseback myself," she whispers. In a more serious tone, she asks, "I know you just woke up, but do you feel any unual changes in your mood?". "I feel more aggressive if im being honest but again that may have to do with being pent up" he stretches his back. Jessica nods, mumbling to herself, "I hope so." She writes down a few notes and asks, "Are you having any kind of intrusive thoughts? In particular anything of a strong violent or sexual nature that you don't usually have?".

Aaron laughs "A little its all sexual though" he blushes keeping his eyes focused on the clip board he clasps his hands and gently squeezes them together. "Okay, um...one last question...and please be completely honest Aaron...do you feel like you are having any kind of hallucinations, hearing any voices, or have any sort of unsettling feelings?" Her concern breaks through. "No" He smiles "Its all me up there" he taps his head. "Whats next this is kind of exciting and scary at the same time!" he puts on his bravest face.

"Um, next they..." Jessica is interupted by the doctor speaking over the PA system. "Aaron, we're all set up. If you're ready, can you please step back into the pod." Aaron looks at where the sound came from jokingly saying "BOO!" he laughs and steps in the pod "next thing you know there gunna have me sit on a chair! thatll be really hard!" The pod begins closing and he watches Jessica. His heart starts racing again as flashes of her naked pass through his head. He smiles "Whats your favorite animal?".

"I...I've always had a thing for cats," Jessica answers with a smile. He smiles the pod close she mouths ME TO. "Ok so what happens now guys? more sleeping?" He ask his sarcasm deep. "In a while. First, a holographic screen is going to appear before your eyes. We need you to try to predict the images that are going to pop up. Don't worry if you don't get any of them, we aren't expecting you to. We'll do this for an hour, then you'll take another nap.". "WEEE" Aaron gets serious "Say when.".

Aaron spends the next hour guessing at random pictures, missing 99% of them. Afterwards, the doctor says, "That's enough for now. Doing you have any questions before you fall asleep?". "Yea i got one for Ms. Chambers." He says gruffly annoyed with his failure. "Sure, what did you want us to ask her?" the intercom sounds grating in Aaron's ears. He smiles "tell her to look for a change in" he pauses "My green!" he thinks to himself i hope she gets that.

"Um...we'll let her know that. Have a good sleep." The P.A. sounds fuzzy. "God damnit stupic sleep i hav to let the energy ...." He gets knocked out.

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between Zain Shah and ZombieSplitter53

Part 1

Outside the Psionic Labs
1600 hours

The 3 soldiers have just been put to sleep. Zain is watching the entire process "The place where you will become stronger." Zain scoffs "Yeah right, what about after this fucking war? They'll just be some fucking oddballs cast out from society" Zain shakes his head and watches the soldiers with a blank face.

Jessica walks out of the Psionic Labs, wiping tears from her eyes.

Zain sees Jessica and walks over to her "Must be hard for you with Aaron having to take the test run." Zain tries to brighten the mood "And you won't get to fuck him until like 2 weeks."

Jessica bursts into to tears, smothering herself in Zain's chest. "Oh Zain, why Aaron? Of all the people on base, why him?"

"That dude has got to be one of the most charismatic people I've met, he could probably give fucking inspirational speeches if he wasn't a soldier. He's got a strong mind but God help him, does he actually want to go in there? Destroy his life. Leave his humanity. Become one of them." Zain turns serious and angry.

"Because they're forcing him to do it! Probably gave him some bullshit lecture about the greater good. What if he changes. What if I lose him to someone who isn't any different from the aliens?"

"He is the type of guy who would get swept away by some fucking speech." Zain looks down "They want a guy who is a fucking death machine but they don't even realise how badly their fucking up his life...What about after the war? He'll still be this oddball who everyone is afraid to be around cos he can control your brain." Zain rubs her back "All we can do is hope that he turns out to be normal. I just feel like shit after seeing him, he's willing to give his life and I'm happy because they think my willpower is too low for me to possess this gift."

"I just...we just need to be there him. No matter what they do to him, no matter what other may think of him, we have to stay by his side. A-At least, that's what I keep telling myself."

"He's sacrificing his humanity for the world, the least we could do is show him that even though he's different, he still has friends who won't leave his side." Zain looks at Aaron's chamber where he's sleeping "Fuck, it should be me. I've never done anything good for Earth and he's still got the rest of his life to live. He may be only 5 years younger but...he's still got a bright future; all I can ever do is get drunk and make mistakes."

"Don't say that, Zain. You know that isn't true. You're a good person, a great soldier, and a fantastic friend." Jessica looks into his eyes. "I...I know I was hard on you before, but I know I was wrong now. I'm glad Alexia has you."

"Compare me to him...He took you on a romantic date while all I did was give you some booze and get you drunk. He's one of the nicest people I've met." Zain struggles for a better than "nice."

Jessica shakes her head. "That's just inexperience, Zain. Please don't think like that. I can see it in Alexia's eyes, she really cares about you. Maybe..." She chuckles lightly. "Maybe once Aaron gets out, he can give you some lessons on being romantic. "

"I'll probably need it if I I'm going to have a serious relationship..but he's probably going to have the worst student he's ever had." Zain smiles, looking down at Jessica.

She smiles back. "Thank you Zain. I feel a little better now. Do you mind walking me to my room?"

Zain looks at the clock "Uh...Yeah, sure; I got nothing to do anyway."

As they walk, she asks Zain, "So how are things going with my sister anyway?"

"I feel kinda bad. I said we would...you know what but I came back and had to go to the infirmary. God, I'm not doing well especially since I haven't even seen her since before the alien base." Zain smacks himself on the forehead.

"Well, if you have nothing better to do, why don't you spend some time with her now? She's probably in our room right now, bored to tears."

"Oh good, she's probably thinking I'm avoiding her. Do you want to join us? Don't worry, we'll save the sex for later." Zain smiles at her.

Jessica shakes her head. "No, I'm...not feeling up to it. You two spend some time together, try to get to know each other better."

"Are you sure you'll be fine without Aaron?"

"I'm sure. Thanks." She nudges him."See, I told you you're a good guy."

"Thanks, I appreciate all you've done for me since the start when you gave me that booze." Zain walks towards their room but not before giving Jessica a big hug.

Jessica hugs him back. She walks up to her door and knocks on it to the tune of 'shave and a haircut'. Alexia opens the door. She smiles at Zain, then asks Jessica, "Is everything okay? I heard the call over the PA." Jessica nods, and Alexia drops the subject, realizing what is going on by her look.

Jessica steps inside. "I'm gonna take a quick nap. Why don't you and Zain spend some time together? With these frequent missions lately, you might not get many more chances." She practically pushes Alexia towards the door.

"Hey, sorry about not seeing you in ages. First I got attacked by a chrysalid which put me in the medbay and then they wanted to examine my brain after that sectoid controlled me."

"It's okay, Zain, as long as you're okay." Alexia looks back at Jessica and says, "see ya later sis," and softly closes the door. She turns back to Zain. "You are okay, right? No residual effects from having that things poke around in your head, right?"

"I don't think my mind can get anymore fucked up after how much alcohol I've had."

Alexia laughs. "Yeah, I guess so. Anyway, what did ya want to do?"

"I'm still trying to figure all this romantic date stuff but we could have some more fun." He holds her hands and kisses her.

She holds the kiss for several moments, and says, "Yeah, I like fun."

As they walk over to Zain's room, he says "I feel bad for Jessica; she could lose Aaron just because he wants to protect Earth."

Alexia nods. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm personally torn between my sense of scientific discovery and my worry over what said discovery will entail."

"We may have advanced our tech with the alien materials but we're only becoming more alien as we do it."

Alexia wraps her arms around Zain as they walk. "Please don't say that Zain. It's...to scary to think about."

"Sorry...I suddenly feel very pessimistic about X-COM now but I guess I shouldn't get everyone's hopes down."

"Well, I understand how you feel, but it is kinda bad for morale."

They reach Zain's room "Let's forget about X-COM for now." Zain takes her hand and leads her inside "Do you want anything to drink or do you just want to dive right in?"

"Hmm...I think I'd like to hold off on the booze for now."

Zain grabs hold of her and they both crash onto the bed; he starts kissing her.

As he does, Alexia asks, "So tell me Zain, what did you do before X-COM? Besides your education and other stuff in your file?"

"I was a hunter; I would go round the world, hunt some animals and then sell their pelts. It wasn't that profitable but it wasn't my whole plan."

Alexia giggles, ticklish from his kisses. "I know, I saw how smart you are in your file. It's one of the things that attracted me to you. Still, hunting must have been fun, being so free." She starts nibbling on his neck.

"Yeah, except if you forget to bring a gun...that was fucking painful and stupid as hell." Zain starts brushing his hands through her hair.

"Oh, I'm sure a big strong man like you could take on anything you came across with your bare hands." She runs her hand across the muscles on his arms.

"Actually I had to use my knife, thank god I had that otherwise I was on death's door." He starts kissing her again.

Alexia slowly unbuttons her shirt. "I love a man who can adapt to his surroundings."

Zain takes his shirt off then helps her; he thinks for a moment then finally says something "I love you." He kisses her passionately while holding her tight.

Alexia is startled. "W-What...you don't mean that. You barely know me."

"I know that you're the most important person in my life right now." Zain continues to kiss her.

" Oh god." Alexia pushes Zain onto his back and sits on his lap. She kisses him as she unbuckles his belt. "So what is it that you love about me?" She asks lustfully.

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between Zain Shah and ZombieSplitter53

Part 2

"First of all you like me...and you're smart and beautiful."

She laughs. "Keep going." His pants undone, she starts working on her own pants.

"You're not afraid to tell the truth and you can tease the hell out of people." Zain smiles, gazing into her eyes.

Alexia looks like she is about to make another smartass comment, but instead just gazes back. She slowly climbs to to her feet, stripping down to just her panties. She smiles, and says, "Don't move, okay?"

Zain smirks "Alright, you're in control of me."

She slowly removes his clothing, kissing him as she goes. When she's done, she kneels in front of him and says, "This probably sounds strange, but I always wanted to try this. Remember, don't move." She leans forward and gets to work.

Zain replies "Oh yeah, that feels goooood." He loosens up and relaxes.

Alexia giggle, and starts moving faster.

"Oh fuck me, you're good." He holds her hair back and he starts breathing quicker.

"Juff gif me ah wanin befur ou dum."

"Well then the warning is coming soon." After a minute or so he shouts "Oh shit, I'm cuming."

She closes her eyes and readies herself. A moment later, she pulls away, gagging slightly. "Oh man, that's nasty. Why would any other woman say otherwise?" She smiles at Zain, wiping her lips.

"Now it's your turn to get some pleasure." Zain takes off her panties and he sinks his head down. He starts licking her.

Alexia moans softly. After only a few seconds her legs buckle, and Zain lays her on the bed. As he continues, she says between breaths. "Would you...still love me...even if...I didn't...sleep with you?"

"Of course, I'd love you even if you broke up with me." Zain starts moving his tongue around faster.

Alexia squirms in delight. After a minute, her whole shudders, and Zain gets a small mist. As she pants heavily, she says, "Sorry Zain...I...didn't know...I could do that..."

Zain comes back up and lies next to her, he hugs her and says "I never want this to end."

She snuggles up to him and places her head on his chest. "Me either...but tomorrow will come, and you'll have to face those monsters again. I just hope that I can make your time spent off the battlefield joyful. What...what is it like out there, fighting for your life?"

"I'm the guy who's probably taken the most shots but I fought for my life as a hunter and I do the same here. The armor I have makes me feel safe to at least take one hit." He gently wraps his arms around her.

She slowly traces the scars on his chest. "I wish I had your confidence, but every time you go out there, you seem to leave another piece of yourself behind."

"I guess that's the life of a soldier in X-COM. I've learned to deal with the fact that I could die at any moment and accept as something happening for a greater good." Zain slowly kisses her.

"I guess...I'll just have to except that for you too, won't I?" Alexia sighs and lays with him for another minute before getting up, looking for her clothes.

Zain nods his head "I'm sorry, but after this war we're finally going to live in a normal world again. I'm fighting for my future."

She slips on her underwear, smiling at him. "I know you are, Zain. And I trust you can do it, if only because I have to in order to remain sane. As far as a normal world goes, I'm not so sure."

"There is some truth to that; after an alien invasion, how normal can life get?" Zain sighs and then reaches over to the side of the bed where his boxers are.

"So many cities in ruins, military technology so far ahead, tens of thousands of people dead." Alexia sighs, slipping on her shirt. "I'm sorry, now I'm the one being pessimistic, huh?"

Zain gets up and kisses her "Even if I die, promise me that you won't grovel over my death for months. I'm choosing to do this."

She kisses him back, saying, "I'll try, that I can promise you, but there is a lot about you to miss, you know."

Zain smiles happily "Like what?"

"Well, let me see." Alexia slowly walks around him like she is sizing him up. "Your strong, intelligent, handsome, you make me feel like the center of the world, and you really know how to get my rocks off."

Zain smiles wholeheartedly "Thanks, that's probably the nicest thing any girl has ever said to me." Zain embraces her.

"Then that should give you motivation to come back to me, so I can say it again."

Zain gets out of the bed and puts on his shirt and trousers "I promise next time won't be just plain sex."

Alexia chuckles, and finishes getting dressed. "Good to hear. Even I liked to be romantic every now and then. Not that the "just plain sex" isn't enjoyable, mind you. I just hope I don't leave you too excited and you end up straying, wanting more then I can provide."

"Well at least we have no experience to tell if someone is good or bad at it."

Alexia steps behind him and wraps her arms around her waist. "Just don't leave me for some slut with more experience." She places her mouth next to his ear and whispers, "I'll be your slut."

"Believe me, after these 2 times, I can't imagine it getting better with someone else."

Alexia kisses Zain's neck, then says, "I need to get back to my room. I'm a little worried about Jessica." She steps away and makes for the door.

"I'll come with you." Zain follows her to the door.

As the pair make their way through the hallways, Alexia wraps her arms around Zain's arms, leaning her head against his shoulder and smiling contently.

"Wow, who would've thought we would be the ones with a stable relationship and Jessica and Aaron are having trouble." He puts his arm around her.

"Yeah, but I'm sure they'll make it through it. Just like I'm sure we'll have our problems that we'll make it through. I just hope that when Aaron comes out of that box, he's the same guy my sister has fallen for."

"I hope he does make it out of that chamber, it's still a test run." They reach Jessica and Alexia's room.

Alexia slowly opens the door, peeking her head in. She opens the door fully, reveling Jessica asleep, kneeling against her bed. Alexia whispers, "Do you mind putting her on the bed?"

"Sure" Zain lifts her up, with a little grunt, and gently places her onto the bed.

Alexia gives Zain one more kiss goodbye and takes a seat next to Jessica, gently stroking her hair.

"I guess I'll leave you two alone...Bye, Alex." He then whispers "See ya Jessica." He leaves the room and gently closes the door.v

AaronBryant

Pod Dream

"Hello . . . .Hello . . . ." I float now like shifting sand climbing grains using its own people to get higher. I see him my father he is so far "Helloo. . . .Hellooooooooooooooooooooo" I climb over them unable to stop my self. He begins to further himself. "Noo Please dont" the young man falls to the ground crying im crying he is crying im crying he is crying. BOTH CRYING AND THE TURNS BURN. purple tendrils shoot from my back like wings except they are claws using the sand my people to climb faster higher and still my father runs. "WHY DO YOU RUN FROM ME" one of the claws rush out to grab my father and it is destroyed now the boy is falling and i weep for him his own claws tear him to shreds as he whispers "daaaady".

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 10/15/15
Current rank: recruit
Status: A TERROR MISSION! A FUCKING TERROR MISSION, ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!

Persephone throws her journal across the room in anger.

She sits down on her bunk as tears start to roll down her face.

"Godamnit, Ayame. Please make it back!"

Zain Shah

From- ZainS@XCOMHQ.net
To- ChristopherO@XCOMHQ.net

Dear Commander,
I have witnessed all the sacrifices that Aaron had to make to get these psionic powers and I want to fight for Earth, even if it means losing my humanity. I know you said it was highly improbable that I could possess this gift but please let me know that I did everything I could to save the ones I love. I only ask you consider this as Anja is still not a colonel therefore she can replace me while I am not on the field.

Zain

AaronBryant

Testing

Day 4

Some time later, the pod opens, the doctor's voice saying, "Wake up, Mr. Bryant. Be careful as you step out." As Aaron leaves the pod, his legs nearly buckle underneath him. "Whats with my legs Doc i can hardly feel the damn things!" He starts rubbing his legs. "Just a minor case of atrophy. It's been about three days, so you're muscles are a little out of practice. If you could just step through the door on you're far left, there is a small excercise room you can use. Nurse Chambers is waiting for you in there."

"WHAT THE HELL!" his anger seemingly leaps out of him for a second. He takes a minute breathes and then realize they said excercise and Jessica. He runs as best he can to the area happy to move his muscles and see Jess. As he enters the excercise room, Alexia looks up from some documents and smirks. "Well, good morning, Sleeping beauty. Didn't even need a kiss from Princess Charming. How are ya feeling?"

Aaron laughs at himself realizing he would probably see both the sisters. "Mad as hell they didnt tell me id be in there for three days!" his stomach feels like it ignites then putters out " and weak I feel so inactive" he frowns. "i can imagine." Alexia looks at her papers. "Luckily they had the good sense to pump you full of nutrients and send electrical shocks through your muscles to keep them active. Otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to stand." She walks over to a treadmill next to a monitoring device and says, "A little run on this should have you right as rain."

Aaron jumps "ow" And gets on the treadmill putting it on the highest setting and he falls. "Ok im an idiot" He sets it to 5 and runs. " So what do the tests show?" he asks with trepidation. Alexia watches him closely as he runs. "It's unclear at this point, but things look promising. We don't know for sure if you'll actually get anything out of this, or if you do, exactly what will happen, but we have high hopes." She raises an eyebrow. "Do you...feel any different?"

He ups the speed "I feel pent up! i wish they could test with more activities but ill be fine!" he thinks. "I had this weird sensation when i was poped from the pod earlier. Before when i got angry it always felt like there was something pulling at me like there was a thing trying to release itself. When they told me it was three days i felt something leap out of me not very far and it felt kind of feeble but it was there. It was probably just my imagination though all that dreaming has done a number on me!" he tries to run harder.

Alexia rapidly writes in her folder. "It could be nothing, but it could also be the first signs of latent abilities manifesting. So you feel that these sensations might be linked to aggression?". "Well i guess but when i think of it like that" He gulps "It sounds like the dark side of the force. I think aggression may just be the easy route. My dad said weird stuff happened to electrical appliances when he got upset or was angry."

"That's...interesting." In a reassuring voice, Alexia says, "You're probably right about the easy route. This is obviously just a hypothesis, but the abilities we are hoping for may be tied to strong emotions, and aggression is the easiest one to use." She writes for a few more seconds. "You mentioned dreams?"

"Yea If you read Jessicas report i said something about a blue guy. I was him again and i was on a beautiful world full of life but then a huge ship came down and razed the land turning it into glass, after that i was fishing and My dad was next to me. He was holding this purple sphere that was perfectly roung then had spikes coming out of it i touched it and it pierced me all over. He kept standing there and he put his hand on my head and cried. I woke up inside of a ring with . . . Tytus" Aaron starts grinding his teeth "i pummeled him over and over and he just kept laughing thats when i woke up in real life."

"Interesting." Alexia says excitedly, jotting everything down intently. "Maybe we can cross reference this with your results from the R.E.M. tests." She looks as though she is going to ask another question, but instead smiels and say, "By the way, Jessica got you're message. You should have seen how confused the guy that delivered it looked." "COOL! so im interested did anything happen not that i expect her to have watched me all three days." He turns the treadmill up to 8.

"No, but she spent a lot of time here. She, um...actually go in trouble. She spent most of the time staring at her, watching to see if there are any fluctuations in your color. She's resting now, but you'll probably see her the next time you wake up." "Oh great there going to put me to sleep again what does that do" He punches the ten on the treadmill running hard sweating bullets. "Any . . huff. . . other . . huff questions or . . huff. . tests I dont want to sleep just yet!"

"Don't worry," Alexia says with a smirk, "They gave me complete discretion in deciding when you're ready. We could spend another two hours in here if you want." She looks at her notes. "As for sleeping, I believe they feel that is when you are the most receptive to the tests. This is all theoretical, of course. It's bad enough they had to test this out like this one one soldier, let alone three."

"Meh" Aaron does all the excersice he can before being called back. "Man" he looks at Alexia "alright i suppose ill be out for a few days again?". Alexia retorts "Yeah, unfortunately. But I promise you that I'll find out when you'll be waking up again, and make sure that Jessica gets a full eight hours of sleep before hand, okay?"

"Gotya oh and i dont know if she told you but. . ." he raises an eyebrow "It was pretty fantastic." Alexia pretends to retch again, smiling widely as he walks out of the room. Aaron steps into the pod sighing "Yo brain boys can i have another test please or something i mean getting knocked out for a few days just doesnt seem all that great." "Yes Mr. Bryant," comes the voice over the PA. "We'll be running the precognition test again, as well as a couple new ones. The first with be a test of your senses, to see if they're heightened or linked together. In the second, we'll test to see if you've gain the power of suggestion like the aliens have used against us. Any questions before we begin the first test?"

" NOPE lets do it!" Aaron says excitedly. An hour passes as Aaron takes the first test. When he is done, the doctor says, "hmm, interesting. As I'm sure you noticed by now that the images repeat themselves half way through. This was to test your memory retention skills. You might not have realized it, but you did do slightly better this time. Are you ready for the second test?"

have crap memory hmm this is kind of cool. "I aint getting any younger here less goooo!" he almost salivates with anticipation. The second test begins, as Aaron is given a variety of images to look at, sounds to listen to, and sensations sent to his body, with the doctors asking him questions about the degree of sensitivity and whether any of his other senses feel like they're being triggered. He smiles " I heard a sound and a color popped in front of my eyes kind of harsh to be honest but it was cool! I heard songs in my head too most of them i know by heart! nothing else really."

That's interesting, Mr. Bryant." The doctors can be heard talking amongst themselves. "Alright, one last test. Before you you'll see an individual in a small room with a number of objects in it. We'll be asking you to focus on him and try to get him to do pick up objects, move others, turn things on and off, and so forth. Do you have any questions before we start?". "Um well did he volunteer? cause i dont want to do this to any one who doesnt want this to happen to them. I mean if i can." he feels dirty for a moment.

"He volunteered for testing, yes. Of course, he doesn't know the true nature of the test, as that would contaminate the results. He just thinks he's here to test what one would be naturally inclined to do in a room filed with all the various objects. He was told he can can do whatever he wishes, and your job is to get him to do what we want. Nothing dangerous, of course."

"Ok" Aaron starts focusing on the man Ok um dude pick up a block!. Aaron waits not expecting much. The man remains seated, fiddling with the objects on the table before him. The doctor says over the PA, "Don't worry if nothing happens, Mr. Bryant. Even if the psionic testing works, it may still take a while to develop these abilities. We'll keep trying for the next hour." "Damn" he becomes upset and then out of curiosity thinks about Tytus he begins seething.PLAY WITH THE DAMN BLOCK!!!. He calms himself after this feeling bad for even playing with anger.

The subject shuffles through the objects in front of him, slapping a small block aside as he starts messing around with an old Gameboy. Not realizing Aaron's possible involvement in this, the test continue for the next hour. Aaron feels weird after the guy slapped the block the test now over he knows all to well what comes next "Ok lets get . . " he blacks out

AaronBryant

Testing

Day 7

Aarons eyes flutter open "ok how long was i out?"

The pod opens again with a woosh. This time there a several individuals with Lab coats tinkering with the various machines. Over the PA, the doctor says, "Another three days. How are you feeling, Mr. Bryant?" Aaron vomits "Hows that for an answer" he wipes his mouth. Bunch of assholes locking me in a pod for 6 days. He turns to a person in a lab coat "who are you" Aaron starts stretching out his legs and arms.

"My name is Dennis. I'm a lab tech." The man steps forward. "Sorry they kept you in so long, they said they were getting some good results." He stands next to Aaron and, in a low voice says, "They probably would have kept you in there even longer, but your lady friend was getting really worried. I felt bad, so I told them we need to let you out while we run some tests on the machines. But lets keep that between us, okay?"

He grins at the man "thanks! i HATE" He glares at the upper area Yelling loud enough so they can hear him "HATE!! that stupid pod." He starts doing pushups "Where is said lady friend?". "She's waiting for you over in the exercise room. Just let me know when you're ready to continue. I'll try and stall the next batch of testing until then." He smiles and walks over to another tech, pointing at the pod and discussing something.

Aaron crawls up and moves to the exercise room. Still annoyed with sleeping for three days the back of his head felt kind of fuzzy almost prickly. His body started fluctuating heat like his brain couldnt regulate it. He reaches the exercise room "Hello?". Jessica sits across the room. She looks up at him and smiles weakly. Her eyes a red with dark circles under them. She climbsto her feet, walking over to Aaron and hugging him tightly without a word.

"Hey you look worse then me gorgeous you gotta stop crying so much and get some rest" He holds her softly huming something nosensical. "You going to be ok? Did something weird happen?". "Why are they doing this to?" She whispers. "What is the point of saving humanity if we have to give up our humanity in the process?" Aaron pulls her chin up "Hey look at me im still human, to be honest the kind of stuff that they are talking about are things humans used to be able to do all the time." he scratches his head "We used to be a lot more powerful of a species."

Jessica plants her lips on Aaron's, a light but meaningful kiss. "She chuckles lightly. "You look kinda pale. Are you feeling okay. Feel like you have super powers yet?". "No but it was weird they did this sensation test and i saw a color and then they showed pictures and i heard music!" He seems excited "Did anything happen with my Aura?" he hides the incident with the block. Jessica examines him. "The tint is...unusual. Your color is almost blue now. I...haven't seen a color change like this since..." She hesitates. "...since I examined one of those aliens."

"Thats weird" He smiles "Im still me though" he thinks for a minute "Watch for a sec and tell me what you see eh?" He stands still then squats thinking about Tytus for a few moments he lets his anger seep in and tries to point it at the far wall. He falls back on his but "Anything?". Jessica shudders, a look of fear crossing her eyes briefly. She stammers slightly, saying, "N-no...just...green." Aaron scratches his head looking at the wall "Ok then. What does blue mean." he turns to her confused by the look on her face. "I could use some calm" He sighs "This has been stressful for you hasnt it?" He holds her close smelling her hair trying to hold on to it for when he had to go back in the tank.

"I'm fine Aaron. Please don't worry about me. I just...want to hold on to you here. That's all I need to feel better." Her voice staggers. He hums just waiting then he leans down to look in her eyes "You need rest ok? next time i wake up i expect Alexia to be here, dont worry ill come see you when this is done and we can just rest. Real rest not pod rest then after that i think im gunna live in the gym i hate not working out" he crushes her to his chest just trying to make the moment last and pulls away.

"Wait Aaron. There is something I want to tell you before you go in...before I lose my nerve...and my chance." Jessicas eyes are so full of hope. "Whats that?" he asks his heart beating rapidly. "I know I haven't known you for very long, but...I...I-I...love you Aaron." She straightens up, and more boldly, she says, "I love you." He freezes fear grips him his fiances face appears in front of him. "I. . . ." He struggels he wants to say the words because he knows he feels them. He sheds a tear he feels his mind wavering his brave face disolves and he falls to his knees. "I . ." his heart skips a beat he takes a deep breath. His face reforms to his biggest dumbest grin "I love you to" his eyes continue to drop out salted droplets.

Jessica falls to his side, wrapping her arms around him She laughs, tears of joy pouring from her eyes. He stays strong letting her stay there feeling like he had opened this whole in his soul and cam out the other side. He stands picking her up "You go rest now" He seems a little distant still warm but distant. "The sooner this is done the sooner I get to see you." He breathes deeply. She nods, steeping away from him so her can go. She smiles brightly, content with the world, if only for the time being.

He steps in the pod thanking the gentlemen with a nod he is quiet while the pod closes. He just thinks, sad and happy feelings, like his mind is torn in two. He waits in the pod, just wrapped in his thoughts. "Alright, Mr. Bryant. Same tests as before, then a nap. Are you ready?". Aaron calm as the eye of the tempest, the point between joy and sorrow simply replies "Yes". The testing begins as before, the houra passing by quickly. The doctors are unusually quiet about the results. In the end, the doctor says in a solemn voice, "By the time you wake up this time, the tests should be over. Are you ready?"

After a few moments, the familiar sense of fogginess falls over Aaron, and he slips away.

AaronBryant

Name: Aaron Bryant
Current Rank: Psi. Major
Mission Name: Hot Savior
Mission Objective:

• Locate the ship
  • Execute any surviving crew
  • Avoid damaging the ship further
Kills This Mission:0 Dead Aliens
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 18

I heard about Ayames first mission . . I congratulated her. Every one looks at me weirdly now i suppose being able to rip someones mind to shreds is scary. It scares me to. Im less scared every day though. I feel this new energy within me it flows through me like a wave and reacts to my body. This was the first mission i could use it on. I told Ayame no matter what I would protect her. Now i had a deadly new weapon to do that with. Anna took the first kill i wanted to blast the thin man with my mind but i knew my time would come. Jorn used his mind fray first this angered me a little . . . I was stronger than he was. The commander told me to shoot when my mind was the better weapon once again I got angry. I wanted to destroy him but the commander forgets the flyer mutons are not all machine. so instead i shot him bringing him near death. Someone else took care of him we moved forward finding the ship and inside were two commanders. I used the blaster launcher it was quite fun but still my want was unsatied. I must wait. . . .or do i? Ayame is safe and that is all thats truly important i suppose.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
To Project X-COM Commander Odd,

I feel it is my duty to bring to your attention a number of complaints and concerns circulating amongst your lower ranked officers. They believe you are actively and knowingly playing favorites with a select few soldiers on the battlefield, and this leads to the concern that, if you should lose these soldiers, we will be left unprepared with only lower ranked soldiers. In addition, many believe an event during a recent terror mission shows you are willing to sacrifice lower ranked soldiers just to keep these favorites out of harms way, which puts them in serious doubt about their safety. These thoughts a poison for morale, and I ask you to please address them as soon as you possibly can. The soldiers themselves are too afraid to talk to you directly as they fear negative repercussions for speaking their minds.

Sincerely yours,
Tomoyo Kinomoto
Project X-COM Human Resources, Soldier Relations

Last edited:

AaronBryant

Digging a Little Deeper (these events occur soon after Anna Stones first mission)

Collab between Frostlich1228 and Aaronbryant

Dr. Faye nervously arranges her desk unerved by her illegal actions and waits 4:30 p.m.. She blinks for long moment letting her nerves settle into her. Anna stone recieves a reminder on her laptop that she is scheduled to be at Dr.Fayes at 5:00 p.m. Anna opens the door and takes a seat on the other side of the desk before asking. " What's this about? Dr. Vam Damm usually does all my tests... " Dr. Faye opens her eyes. "Ahh Dr. Vam Damm asked me to do this to make sure that your mental health is taken care of. How has your day been Ms. Stone?" Anna sighs. " It's been fine... I just got back from my first successful mission a little while ago... "

"Wonderful! how did it feel?" she inquires. " Frightening and Exciting at the same time... I've never felt anything like it... " Anna gaze seems far off. "I noticed there were some chrysalids on the field what was going through your head when you saw them?" She narrows her eyes looking for any ticks or eratic expressions. " It was strange... I knew I had to shoot them... I told my Body to pull the trigger... But instead my arms flung to the right and my shot missed... It almost happened a second time... I had to fight my own body just to be able to pull that trigger... " Anna seems almost scared.

Dr. Faye starts writing notes "Have you been having any erratic dreams? When i say erratic it can range from errotic to the absolutely frightning." Anna gulps a little. " Yes... My dreams have been really strange lately... ". Dr. Faye motions for her to continue. " It's about this Cryssalid chasing me across rooftops... eventually it catches up to me and it goes black... I then wake up and I realize I've become one... that's when I jump off the rooftop and start killing innocent civilians... one after one... until I come to a woman in X-com armor that I can't quite make out... I charge at her... but I wake up just before I get to her... ".

Dr. Faye hums for a minutes "Thank you for your honesty. I will now say a series of words and id like you to say the first thing that comes to your head." Anna gulps. " Alright... ".
"X-Com" "Saviors"
"Humans" "Protect"
"Children" "Innocence"
" Claw" "Beautiful"
" Womb" "Warmth"
" Pregnant" "Blessed"
" Monster" "Misunderstood"
" Mother." "Angel"

She jots these down pausing for a moment on claw. "Have you blacked out in the past few days or had any experiences where you could not recall why you had been taking certain actions?". Well I haven't Blacked out recently but I have been Filing my Nailing uncontrollably " Anna shows Dr. Faye her Hand and she sees that all of Anna's nails have been filed to a very sharp point. " I also said some things to Zain that I don't know why I said... ". "Ms. Stone . . . . what was it you said to him?" She takes notes watching Anna intently. Anna stutters " H...He was glad that the armor stopped a Cryssalid from killing him... And I told him... That it was a... Shame... That He didn't die... I Didn't mean it I swear! it just came out! "

"Ms. Stone im not here to judge you and to be honest all these things dont seem to abnormal you have been under a lot of stress." Dr. Faye feels disgusted with her lies she quickly sips from a cup then realizes its empty. " What did the Chitin plating feel like?" Dr. Faye asked moving on but worried. " It felt really Natural... Why do you ask? "

h god you sure choose the right profession Faye! "Anna . . . This is the only room in the entire base with absoulutely no recording equipment that can be accessed by any one but me. Do you want the truth?". Anna gives her a worried look. " The Truth? ". "Yes my dear the truth" Dr. Fayes glasses are fogging up from her quick respiration. "I have your entire file, Though i warn you, you may not want to know." Anna gulps. " Please Tell me... I need to know... "

"You have an object attached to your spinal cord and cerebral cortex the lab has been calling it Calipsis. It is a living chrysalid embryo that has been feeding off of the electrical signals that your brain sends when you move." She starts shaking "it has been affecting your mind and been trying to control you it is getting stronger if the test results are correct. Calipsis is trying to control your body and unless we can remove it it may not be now it may not even be a year from now but at some point it will take over. Then you will be a fully functioning humanoid controlled by a chrysalid embryo, you will become Calipsis." Dr. Faye is now rattling like a leaf.

Anna is speechless for a few minutes before replying in a worried tone. " If... If it's attached to my Brain Stem... then how are they going to remove it...? ". Dr. Faye drops her files tears near the brim of releasing. "I dont know darling. . .I dont know". The room is silent for a moment, but the silence is quickly broken by a loud knock on the door, a voice can be heard from outside saying " Faye... Open up... It's Van Damm, I need to speak with you... ".

Dr. Faye Jumps out of her chair "ONE MOMENT" she turns to Anna whispering "you must say nothing nothing what so ever". She opens the door "Yes Dr. Van Damm what is it you know im with my patient." Dr. Van Damm crosses her arms and stares at her. " First of all Faye, Ms. Stone is MY patient, The only reason you're with her right now is because I said you could... Secondly I'm going to take her back down to the Labs for another Test, understand? ".

"Oh of course I will send my reports as soon as i am done writing them." She hurries inside closing the door behind her "They are taking you back. . .please promise me you wont say anything to them" Dr. Faye is on her knees "I would be terminated from the program".
" I won't... Thank you for telling me... " Anna gets up, and with a Look of Worry and Anger in her eyes, opens the door and steps out with Dr. Van Damm.
Dr. Van Damm gives Faye a piercing gaze for a second before walking away with Anna in Tow.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Class: Assault
Operation: Bleeding Mountain
Mission Objective: Rescue Civilians
Kills this Mission: None

Ayame sits in the Dropship, desperately trying to hide how nervous she is. Across from her, Anna smiles, and says, "Don't worry, Ayame, we all have your back." She grabs her helmet and snaps it on.

Ayame gives a nervous smile and a nod, but the smile immediately drops as they touch ground. Desperate trying to remember her training, she takes in her surroundings. Alright, large building in front, a couple civilians in sight. Some cars for cover. Farmer doesn't report anything with the battle scanner. So far, so good. As Anna heads for a nearby door, Ayame takes position behind a low planter, glancing over and seeing nothing. Over the Com, Farmer says, "Picked up targets on the battle scanner. Looks like....Chrysalids. I'm sending you the coordinates, Zhang."

Ayame runs forward, taking full cover near the main entrance, Zhang directly behind her. Distracted by the sound of a nearby scream, she's startled at the sight of a large orb of plasma as it floats past her and enters the building. Hearing the Commanders laugh immediately after it explodes, she takes it that it was a direct hit and runs forward, smashing open a large window and taking position just inside the entrance. Over the Com, She hears Anna shout, "Sectopod!" Her heart seems to stop, only beating again when she hears Anna say she's pulling back.

Ayame sees Farmer fire at something, so focused on him that she yelps when a small energy blast zips past her face. She swerves around and fires at the drone, missing despite the close proximity. Before she has time to panic, Anja runs up close to her and takes down the target. Ayame gives her a look of gratitude, and Anja gives her a nod in return. Ayame looks to her left, and is horrified to see the Sectopod targeting her with a red search beam.

Suddenly, another plasma missile flies past her and blasts the Sectopod, severely damaging it. Ayame tries to get into a better position, wanting to help as much she can, but is startled by a chrysalid joining the sectopod. "Watch out, Ayame!" Anja shouts. Ayame turns to see Anja aiming at her position, and Ayame runs behind a pillar to allow Anja to lay down suppressing fire. It blasts open the door, giving Booker sight to take out the two targets.

Ayame lets out a sigh of relief, but her momentary chance to relax is broken by the sound of fire from Anna's position. "I'm okay, Ayame," Anna says over the Com, predicting Ayame's concern. A pair of Zombies start making they're way through the lobby, both of which are taken out by Farmer in quick succession. Determined to make a difference in this battle, Ayame runs forward, motioning for a civilian to make for the plane. "Kasagi, go to the end of the entrance and jump down," says the Commander over the Com.

"B-But sir, what if there is someone around the corner?" Ayame asks nervously.

"That's an order, soldier." Ayame lets out a nervous sigh, and follows her orders. Sure enough, she is mortified by the sight of a nearby Berserker, Muton, and two Chrysallids. "Guys!" She shouts as the Chrysallids rush her. "Help!" Time seems to stand still as one of them drops in a hail of plasma bullets, but the other one continues towards her. She turns to flee but runs head first into the Berserker that had taken it's place behind her. She screams in agony as the Chrysallid slashes her in the back. "Oh, for the love of God, get me out of here!" She takes off, dashing behind a nearby pillar, using every fiber of her being to stop herself from running back to the plane.

"Ayame?!" Anna yells. "Oh god, please answer me, Ayame." Ayame tries to respond, but can only shudder in fear as the aliens near her are taken out. "Ayame, please, I know you're scared, but you need to get a hold of yourself."

"I-I'll t-try," Ayame mutters, slowly climbing to her feet.

"That's good, Ayame." Anna can be heard firing. "Now that alley way you're by, do you see any body in there?"

"J-just some c-civilians."

"Good, good. Listen to me, Ayame, this is very important. We need you to focus on saving those civilians. Can you do that?"

"I-I think so." Ayame runs behind a police car, motioning for the civilian to run. As the others fire nearby, she makes her way to the end of the alley, spotting a Chrysallid and a zombie. She takes a shot, trying to redeem herself, but misses. "I-I'm sorry, Anna. I-I..."

"It's okay, Ayame. We'll take care of it." Another rocket takes out the chrysallid, and the final zombie is dropped by a laser blast.

As the Dropship takes off, soldiers and civilians in tow, Anna immediately starts stripping off Ayame's armor, making the male soldiers look away, and Anja helps her examine Ayame's back. They both let out a deep sigh of relief, and Anna wraps her arms Ayame, telling her, "Good job today, Ayame. I'm so proud of you." Ayame gives a small nod of gratitude, too exhausted from the experience to say a word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.