X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Interrogation Room #3, Project X-COM Base

As the static gives way and the video begins, we see an interrogation room containing a few chairs and a metal table, dimly lit by florescent lights. Ayame sits silently in one of the chairs as a guard types on a laptop, darting his eyes up at the camera recording them from the corner of the room. Seemingly satisfied, he closes the laptop and walks over to the open door, sticking his head out of it and telling someone they are ready. A moment later, another soldier walks in and closes the door behind him.

The guard walks over to Ayame and reaches for her arms. "What are you doing?" the interrogator asks.

"Removing her handcuffs, sir," the guard answers. "She's been completely cooperative, and she couldn't get out of here anyway."

"That won't be necessary. Personally, I think it'd be far safer for everyone if she remained handcuffed, don't you?" The guard steps away from Ayame, flashing her an apologetic look, and takes his place by the door. The interrogator stands next to Ayame and picks up her file from the table. "Interrogation of Kasagi, Ayame, suspect in the assault of an X-COM staff member, April whatever, 1 something in the morning."

"S-sir?" The guard gives him a nervous look.

"Don't worry about it, I'll fix it in post."

"B-but, you can't fix an interrogation video in..."

"Oh, but I can," the interrogator says sarcastically. "Its easy, almost as easy as getting a guard disciplined for insubordination because he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut."

The guard falls silent as the interrogator takes a seat across from Ayame. He folds his hands, and says, "So, Kasagi, why don't we start from the beginning. Tell me where you were yesterday morning."

"You already know where I was," Ayame replies, her face expressionless.

"Humor me," the interrogator says, smiling.

"I was at one of the shooting ranges."

"And did you see Lt. Chapman there?"

"Yes."

"And did you get into a fight with him?"

"No, I just stood there while he insulted me."

"So you didn't threaten to punch him?"

"He offered to let me, and I almost did, but I didn't do it."

"And why not?"

"Because the thought of touching his slimy face made my stomach churn."

"Is that so? And what did you do after this encounter?"

"I went to have lunch with some friends."

"Wrong!" The interrogator yells suddenly, slamming down a fist. "Tell the truth! You followed the lieutenant out of the shooting range and ambushed him, didn't you?"

"No! I went to the bathroom to clean up, and then I went to the mess-hall to have lunch!"

"Ah, so you admit you didn't go straight to the mess-hall, and that you have time unaccounted for?"

"Y-yes, but I didn't assault him."

"It was quite the savage beating. Hell, it took him six hours to wake up, and he could barely remember what had happened that day. You must have been really pissed off. But then, you do have quite the temper, don't you?"

"I'm telling you, it wasn't me! The guy was an absolute asshole, I'm sure there are any number of people on base that would have wanted a piece of him."

"Yeah, and I suppose that the fact that you had an encounter with him within an hour of him being found beaten and unconscious was just a coincidence."

Ayame tries to find an argument, but falls silent, and a large smirk spreads across the interrogators face. He picks up her file again, combing through it. "It says in your file that you're very familiar with the human body, including the nervous system, and the suspect is suffering from some very convenient memory loss. Thing is, I'm not sure where you learned this. According to this, the only military training you have is in various PMCs, and all of them are either unavailable or not in service anymore. Tell me, where did you learn all the things on your application."

"From your mother," Ayame says, a deadpan look on her face. "She's a pretty good teacher."

The smirk drops from the interrogators face. "I doubt that very much. My mother taught me not to trust chinks and japs, so I doubt she'd give you the time of day." He cracks his knuckles loudly. "She also taught me everything I know about interrogation."

"Then maybe you should go and get her," Ayame responds with a slight smile, "I'm sure she's far more intimidating then you, not that that would be hard."

The interrogator lunges forward, grabbing Ayame by the collar, pulling her close to his fuming face. Ayame lets out a soft chuckle, saying, "bigoted, easily insulted, quick to violence, and this close to your ugly mug, you even look like him. Let me guess; the good lieutenant is your brother. So this is personal, huh?"

The interrogator throws Ayame back, almost causing her to fall out of her chair. He gets up and slowly walks behind her. "Why don't you just admit you did it? We both know it was you. You probably waited until he was by himself, and bashed him in the back of the head."

"Tell me," Ayame says, turning her head to look him in the eye. "Are you just looking for a scapegoat and are keeping me handcuffed because you get off on it, or do you actually think I'm guilty and I'm handcuffed because you're afraid you couldn't take someone who beat up your little brother?"

With a growl, the interrogator grabs Ayame's hair, pulling it violently. "You better shut your fucking mouth before I shut it for you!"

"Heh heh, do you really want to do that with that camera watching us?"

"Good point," he answers, releasing her hair and opening the laptop. Turning to the guard, he says, "Turn it off."

"S-sir! I can't just..."

"Let me make this nice and FUCKING CLEAR!" the interrogator yells. "If the next fucking words out of you mouth are anything but 'Yes, sir', followed by you turning off the fucking camera, I will see to it that your military career is over, and that you suffer the same fate she's going to! Do I make myself fucking clear?"

"Y...(sigh) Yes, sir." The guard reluctantly walks over to the camera and starts typing. The image jumps slightly from a momentary lapse in footage. The interrogator points at the door, and the guard leaves, glancing at the camera as he goes.

"So," Ayame says as the interrogator walks up to her, turning her chair so she faces him, "what are we gonna do now?"

A broad smile spreads across his face, and he tells her, "Its a good thing we left your handcuffs on, considering how you attacked me even with them on," before slugging her in the face.

Ayame shakes her head, her eyes nearly rolling into the back of her head. She cracks a weak smile, saying, "(Cough) Not bad. Did you mother teach her how to punch women?"

"You really need to learn when to shut your mouth," he says, lifting her into the air by her neck.

"A-and you need to (Wheeze) learn a l-little charm," Ayame says weakly, struggling to breath. The interrogator punches her hard enough in the stomach to knock her body back like a punching bag. He drops her, and she coughs violently, struggling to catch her breath.

"You know, you're a pretty little thing, even if you're a bit too on the flat side. Too bad word on the grape vine is you're a little carpet muncher. They say you have a thing for some commie bitch. You hit that yet?"

"Don't...don't talk about my....." Ayame starts before being kicked in the side. She rolls several feet, her face showing intense pain.

"Your not finished yet, are you princess?" he laughs, "We're just getting started."

"D-do you (Cough) think n-no one is...is going to say something a-about the bruises and b-blood?"

"Well, I doubt they'd believe you over me, so the only reason anyone would say anything," he answers, opening the laptop again, "is if I was as stupid as that guard thinks I am to not check to see if the camera was still on. And what do you know, it is! Once we're done here, I'll have remember to discipline him after I delete this."

He types on the computer for a moment, before waving at the camera with a smile and pushing one last button, and the recording cuts out.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--April [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Most suspicious things are happening as of late. Went to the med-bay to pick up a re-fill on my sleeping pills, saw that verdammt instructor taking up space, surrounded by a couple MPs. Asked the good doctor why he was in there, and he responded that he was assaulted outside the firing range, with severe head trauma. As much as I’m an advocate of karmic retribution, I would have preferred that pissant be dismissed from service, rather than be curb-stomped in some distant corner. Doing that only causes more trouble later on.

Considering I haven’t had MPs on my ass due to my part in that confrontation, and the location of the attack, there is only one other person I know of who has a...motive. Sheiße, what did that report cause? I-I need to get to the brig.

The sound of boots impacting the floor is heard, followed by a flurry of other unidentifiable sounds. In the background is the constant sound of heavy breathing and boots on rock.

Not sure why I’m bringing this along, but Huff since I am, I might as well explain my reasoning for what I’m doing. Now Huff, due to the fact that I did not recognize any of the faces in that instructor’s posse, and all their douche-Huff-baggery seemed legitimate, there are technically only two people who have a motive that could have been the perpetrator of the crime. Me, and Ayame. Huff And thanks to the process of elimination, they must have taken Ayame into custody for questioning.

'Hey Richard, what’s the hurry?'

Can’t talk, ironically, gotta get to the brig! Anywho, as I was say-

-Battery low. Halting recording.-

Frostlich1228

Conversation between Head of Cryssalid Research, Dr. Franziska Van Damm
and Rookie in Reserves, Anna Stone.

Date : (CLASSIFIED)
Time : (CLASSIFIED)

(1) Hello Ms. Stone, what did you want to talk to me about?

(2) I wanted to talk about me...

(1) If you wanted to talk to someone about yourself, you could've just gone to one of the Therapists.

(2) No...It has to do with that Cryssalid corpse you brought back.

(1) Really? Okay tell me...

(2) Ever since it was brought in I have been drawn to it for some reason...

(1) Drawn to it how?

(2) Every time I see it or even get near the room that it's in I can feel some sort of energy pulling me towards it.

(1) How odd...The Cryssalid doesn't seem to have Psi abilities like that of the Sectoids, Why would it be affecting you like that I wonder...

(2) I don't know why...I thought you would know...

(1) I am sorry Ms. Stone, I have no clue what's causing this. You're sure this is not being caused by the sectoid corpses?

(2) I am sure, when you first brought it in, I went to the lab to see it, and I was there for Hours just, staring at it...

(1) Ahh...I remember that...you wouldn't let any of us get near it, you even threated to stab my Assistant when he tried to get you to leave...

(2) Oh my god...I am sorry....I-

(1) No, its okay...I didn't file a report to the commander because It seemed like you were just stressed and snapped at him...So what else happened?

(2) I could hear it...it my mind...I could hear it screaming at me...

(1) What was it saying to you?

(2) It was in pain, and it was asking me for help...then all of a sudden it stopped...

(1) Interesting...

(2) I even knew what the Cryssalid looked like before we actually saw one.

(1) How is that possible?

(2) I saw it in my dreams, night after night...

(1) Again, very similar to reports I've heard about the Sectoids, people seeing them in their dreams...

(2) I was so obsessed with them that I've been carving figurines of them out of wood, and I even painted a picture of one.

(1) Where is this picture?

(2) Its up in my room...

(1) I have to get back to work soon Ms. Stone but what's happening to you is really interesting, listen, I want you to come back in a few days so we can continue this conversation, and make sure to bring me that picture when you return, ok?

(2) Ok, I will...Oh one more question...

(1) Yes?

(2) Are you going to tell anyone else about this conversation?

(1) No...This is strictly between you and me Ms. Stone, I don't trust a lot of the people here anyway, especially Commander Odd.

(2) Thank you, I-

(Loud Banging is heard)

(2) What was that?

(1) it's coming from the Interrogation room next door...oh that's right...they are Interrogating this girl who was suspected of assaulting a Shooting range instructor.

(2) Wait what?!

(1) Yeah, What's wrong?

(2) N-Nothing...I have to go...

(You hear someone run out of the room)

(1) Ms. Stone?!
What was that about?

*End of Recording*

Majora098

Password required: EMPATHY
Welcome John
Select Log: LOG 4
Password required: Why?

BEGINNING LOG

Name: John Doe

BEGIN RECORDING

[ the shot is bouncing up and down and shows John is in the middle of a hallway, he is recording with a handheld camcorder, he has what came only be described as a determinedly up-beat expression on his face, he is softly humming John William's Duel of the Fates]

"So after not being able to sleep last night, I started searching for any information about Old Me, and I got nothing, and not that I could find nothing, or that there was nothing in the first place, but a suspicious and obviously very purposeful Nothing at all. The ONLY lead I have obtained is from Vahlen's experiment log on me, where the last name is blacked out, with Dr. Vahlen's handwriting there is about enough room for about six, possibly seven, characters, other than that scanned in (and mandatory I might add, which is probably the only reasoned it was censored instead of destroyed) document there is nothing on Old, or even New Me. There is next to no documental evidence that I exist, just these logs, which I might note, were attempted to be hacked into last night, it didn't work. Which I guess is a testament to my
computer skills, but still....

"I think someone doesn't want me to be widely known,So most likely that means they're scared of me.... but why? It's not like there aren't other human psychics, I mean there's another one already on base, Ayame.... Hmm... except her actions coincide with the act of hiding a secret, and the only thing I could think of that she would want to hide would be psionic abilities, so most likely that potential is not well known......So maybe it was because I was created, if the process were repeatable, then anyone could become psychic, and that would surely cause anarchy, so it would since that there would be no documents.............No, then why would they wipe away everything, instead of the just the surgery notes....

"Perhaps it is because that I'm a unknown factor, and thus they could deny claims to any connections if I were to go psycho or rogue, but then why hide my past from Me? I mean Vahlen specifically said she was not allowed to give me my past, or even my last name...............................Unless...Unless they wanted a blank slate, a super-powered lump of clay that they could mold into whatever they want me to be....now that's sinister, but the council in general seems a bit shady... quite literally, given their liaison to X-COM's views on lighting.

"Well I'm going to the brig, if you wondering...Except no is going to see this other than me, so I guess no one will be. Dr. Valhen suggested that I take part in one Rick Warren's depression therapy, she has me doing all sorts of odd things to test applications of my abilities, like I apparently am slated to help interrogate the prime suspect in the recent assault on an officer sometime this week, she wouldn't tell me who the suspect was, something about impartiality. I can see the merit, detecting lies is easy enough, and if it discourages...less humane ways of doing it, then I'm all for it. See you when I get to the brig

END RECORDING

Frostlich1228

Footage from Interrogation Room #3 Outer Camera

( Two Security Personnel are guarding the door)

( A Woman runs up to them)

Guard #1 : Ma'am I am sorry but this room is off limits while an interrogation is taking place, you'll have to leave.

Woman : No, you have to let me in! My friend is in there!

Guard #2 : It doesn't matter if your friend is in there, off limits means off limits...

Woman : Just let me in, I-I Know where she was when the attack happened!

Guard #2 : Then we will come get you after the interrogation is over.

Woman : He's beating her up in there!

Guard #2 : That's ridiculous, no he's not...

( Guard #1 looks at Guard #2 and gulps a little)

Woman : He is! I heard it in the other room!

Guard #2 : These walls are too thick for sound to get out ma'am, and even if he was the cameras are on right now so anything he does we will be able to see it when we review the footage.

Woman : But y-

Guard #2 : No more Ma'am either you leave right now or we make you leave!

Woman : Вы американский ублюдки!
Если я слышу, что вы так много, как коснулся Ayame, вы будете сожалеть!

( The Woman leaves with tears in her eyes)

*End of Video*

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Video Log, Joseph's Room:

(Joseph's face shows extreme stress, his hands trembling as he tries to drink a bottle of water, but is unable to steady his hand enough to do so)

I, um.....ahem, I d-decided to venture out of my little safe haven in search of Ayame again. As I had feared, I ran into Richard again, but he seemed to be in too awful of a rush to worry about me. When I asked him what the hurry was, he said he had to get to the brig. Against my better judgment, I ran after him, asking what was going on, and he asked me if I remembered what he told me about the encounter he and Ayame had with that dickhead at the shooting range, and I think I said something like, "Of course, it made me want to go find him and stomp a mudhole into him." Richard said someone beat me to it, and that he was being treated in the infirmary right now. He then asked me if I had seen Ayame, and I said "No, not since yesterday. Why, you don't think Ayame..."

"I don't know," he said, "but if I was an MP, she and I would be on the top of the suspect list, and no one has come to arrest me yet."

When we reached the brig, Richard attempted to enter with no hesitation, but one of the guards stopped him, saying "Who do you think you are? You can't just go in there!"

"Please," I said, "Is a young soldier named Ayame Kasagi in there?"

A pained look came across the guard's face as his partner said, "Yes, she is the prime suspect in the assault of a staff member."

"We need to talk to her right away," Richard said confidently.

"She isn't permitted to have any guests. We are currently preparing for a second interrogation session, and...."

"I'm begging you," I pleaded, "just give us five minutes. That's all we ask, just long enough to know she's okay."

The second guard was about tell us to piss off when the first suddenly said, "you have five minutes, and not a second more." The second guard asked if he was out of his mind, and if he knew what would happen if someone found out, but the first guard only said, "Don't worry, I'll take full responsibility. Its the least I can do after walking out on her."

We quickly ran to the cell the guard said she was being kept. When we reached her, I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. Her face was incredibly swollen, and she was holding her side in pain. "Ayame!" I yelled, "what happened to you!"

She looked up at us, smiling weakly, and said, "Just some old-school interrogation. I'm sure they'll use sodium pentothal soon, not that it would work on me anyway, but hopefully it'll give me a breather."

"Ayame, is it true?" Richard asked, his voice serious but his face showing concern, "Did you really assault that officer?"

"No!" I yelled, "Its not true! Ayame wouldn't do something so stupid, no matter how much that guy deserved it!"

Letting out a painful chuckle, Ayame said, "Thanks Joseph, that means a lot, but it doesn't matter if I did it or not. I'm the prime suspect, and as you can see, some people have already decided I'm guilty, and are just trying to get my inevitable confession a little quicker."

She suddenly started coughing violently, blood splashing on the floor. "It isn't right," Richard said, his usually calm demeanor giving way to anger, "regardless of your innocence or guilt, you have rights. This can not happen again."

"If I say anything, the interrogator will likely just say I attacked him," Ayame responded, "Besides, the guy's a funya chin. I've (cough) had much worse, believe me."

I knew she'd probably be mad at me for doing so in front of Richard, but I couldn't help but ask, "You would heal faster if you had more ess...uh, energy right? What if I gave you some of mine?"

Ayame just smiled, saying, "Thank you, that would be nice, but it would draw too much attention to me if I was suddenly healed."

I heard Richard mutter something about this, but was too worried to listen. I asked again, "Are you sure? If you don't want it from me, I'm sure I could get Anna to..."

Ayame suddenly yelled, "NO!" She quickly limped towards the front of the cell. She tripped, screaming out in pain when she caught herself with her left hand, implying that it was broken. Ignoring the pain, she said, "You must not let Anna come here!"

"Why not?" Richard asked. "Considering your close friendship, I would think she'd be the first person you would wish to see."

"Yes, that is true," Ayame said, the pained look on her face going beyond the physical, "but I couldn't stand the idea of her seeing me like this. She is too kind of a person, and has seen too many.....the sadness I would see on her face would far outweigh any pain they could possibly cause me here."

Suddenly the guard yelled that our time was up. We were about to argue, but Ayame gave us a look that we should cooperate. Not knowing what to say to one another, Richard and I parted ways without another word. I'm trying to decide what I should do now. I want to talk to Anna, but I don't want to worry her, and Ayame feels that the less she knows, the better. On the other hand, the two of them are so close, I wouldn't be surprised if Anna already knows, and she could probably use so comfort.

(Joseph sits silently for several moments, staring blankly into space. He gazes into the camera, and looks as though he is trying to find something esle to say, before simply reaching for it)

*End Recording*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[(OOC): Let me know on my page if I should change any of Richard or Ayame's dialog.]

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
[(OOC) Sorry about this, ChristopherOdd. I think you're doing a fine job, but I feel you made quite a few mistakes this time, and for the sake of remaining in character, this isn't going to be the most flattering post]

Name: Ayame Kasagi

Video Log, eighty-five minutes after Operation Crystal Pyre

(Ayame looks into her personal recorder, her face bright red and her eyes puffed up from continuous crying. She wears the solemn expression of despair)

I, um......ahem, I'm quickly making this recording while I have a break from my...weeping. I (weak chuckle) I've actually dehydrated myself so I can't cry anymore.....(Sits in silence for several minutes).....I remember.....I remember when I first met Aribeth. She thought I was a young boy and accused me of staring at her chest. I hated her at first, but after we gave each other a chance, I found that she was a good person. She had a great smile, and an optimistic attitude that was contagious.

.....ahem, the last battle.....I, he.....he really fucked it up, didn't he? There were minor mistakes at first, but everything went truly wrong when he ordered Kessler to fire that rocket. She tried to tell him that she didn't have the shot, that the poison was obscuring her vision, but he had her fire anyway, and she ended up taking down the rookie.

(OOC: This is based on the fact that the hit percentage said 0% when you fired)

Kessler was a good soldier, and I wish I could truly grieve for her, if only I had got to know her better, but Aribeth...

(Ayame starts crying again)

I guess I still have plenty of tears left for you. Why did the Commander let you die? I have nothing against the new guy, but why did the Commander order you to use your only medkit on him, a rookie, instead of yourself, a corporal with so much more experience. You were both injured. I know it makes me sound terrible, but why did he choose the rookie over you?! Then he ordered you to go out into the open with only a pistol to try and take out that Thin Man, and when you missed, instead of having the others cover you, he sacrificed you, sending Momma Bear to cover and having Scruffy ignore the Thin man that had an obvious bead on you in favor of shooting at that new, bulky alien. Kessler and the rookie were accidents, but you were thrown to the wolves so he could protect his star sniper and his mother. How could he do that to you?! We trust you with our lives, Commander! How can you just throw one of us away like we're just ..... disposable?!

(Ayame cries for several more minutes, then tries to collect herself, taking several deep breaths) I never thought I'd meet another person who would make me so depressed over their loss. Joseph went to the Memorial to pay his respects a while ago. I'll go myself, but...I need some time. I could use someone to talk to right now.

(Knock on the door, followed by a female voice saying "Ayame, are you in there?")

Well, speak of the Angel. Yeah Anna, please come in...

*End Recording*

OOC: Fine by me ;)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Interrogation Room #2, Project X-COM Base

A similar scene of a guard typing on a computer as Ayame sits in silence. Satisfied, he calls out the door, and a familiar soldier walks in, this time followed by a young doctor. The doctor takes a syringe off of an instrument table, approaches Ayame, but stops when she reaches her.

"What happened to her?! Where did these injuries come from?!"

"Lets just say she was a bit disagreeable coming in, and again during her last questioning." The interrogator smiles. "Unfortunately, something happened to the footage."

"Why wasn't this reported?"

"Of course it was. Obviously, you're not important enough to be told everything. Now stick her already so I can get rid of you."

The doctor shakes her head, and turns her attention back to Ayame. Ayame places her handcuffed arms onto the table without argument. The doctor sterilizes her left arm, and injects her with the syringe. "I'll be back in a bit to see if she's ready. Try to keep your hands to yourself."

She leaves, and the interrogator takes his seat across from Ayame. "Sooooo, how are we feeling, princess?

"Fine, just fine," she answers with a weak smile. "a really appreciated the massage."

"Any time." Noticing Ayame looking at the guard, the interrogator chuckles, and says, "I told you the last guy would be disciplined for what he did. So, what do we talk about while we wait? How about your friends? Some of them are pretty messed up, you know?"

Ayame's eyes narrow angrily. "What...what are you..."

"You know, getting a look at those personal files, including the medical files, is pretty easy if you know what to do. All you have to do is find the right chicken-shit therapist or doctor with the proper clearance, and threaten him a bit. You get to see any file you want, and he can't say anything because he used his password to open them. It makes 'working' with people so much easier." Ayame lets out a soft growl, and the interrogator's smile widens. "A lot of people talk about you, but don't get excited. Most of them look down on you. Seriously, no lie, a lot of people are pissed off that they let some, how did one of them put it, some ten year old bitch got into X-COM. Really, you're poison for morale just being here. Of course, you do have a very, very small number of friends, and boy are they messed up. "

"Better to have a few precious friends then a thousand weak ones, no matter how 'messed up' those friends are."

"This Andrews guy, for example. Man, what a piece of work. OCD, anxiety, depression. He talks about you a lot. Does he know he's barking up the wrong tree, or are you cock teasing him to get him to lick your boots? The only thing he talks about more then you and your commie friend is some little brat sister of his. He talks about her so much, you'd think he was talking about his lover. Its creepy, really. Do you think he's..."

"Danmari ya gare! Its called loving someone, you asshole! Most people would kill to be so close to their siblings! What do you know about caring about anyone but yourself?! You and I both know you're only using your bother as an excuse to act out your sadistic tendencies!"

"Wow, it looks like I struck a nerve. What happened to your bitchy, smartass attitude?"

Ayame falls silent, and stares down at the table as the interrogator continues to berate her. The doctor reenters a short time later, and examines Ayame, saying "I...I think its working...um, can you tell me your name?"

"K-Kasagi...Ayame."

"What is your country of birth?"

"Ch-China."

"And how old are you?"

"I-I'm.....thirty."

"Okay, she's ready."

The interrogator stands up, and starts to slowly pace the room. "Tell me, Kasagi, exactly how did you get the jump on Lieutenant Chapman?"

"I-I waited until he was alone..."

"And?"

"...I snuck up b-behind him..."

"Uh-huh?"

"...a-and I shot him with my ph-phaser on the s-stun setting."

The interrogator stops suddenly, turning to give her an angry, confused look. "Did you assault Lieutenant Chapman?!"

"I-I swear, h-he didn't...call it an assault until a-all his friends started calling him a s-slut."

"What the fuck is she talking about?! Why isn't the truth serum working?!"

The doctor looks between him and Ayame, a confused look on her face. "I-I don't know. Sodium thiopental works by making it harder for you to tell a lie. It isn't completely reliable, and It is possible she's resisting it."

"Up her dose! Now!"

"I-I can't! I already gave her more then I should have for someone her size! Any more would probably kill her, and even if it didn't, it would definitely knock her unconscious!"

"I don't care, I'm telling you to give her another dose!"

"And I'm telling you the go to Hell!" The doctor gathers up her medical supplies and leaves in a huff.

The interrogator looks at the guard and nods towards the door. "Go make sure she makes it back to the med-bay safely, just in case she runs into someone as violent as our little smartass here." The guard quickly leaves without a word. The interrogator stands between the laptop and the camera, and his left arm can be seen moving slightly. He smiles at Ayame, saying, "Well, I guess we'll just have to do this the old fashion way. Ready for another massage?"

*END TRANSMISSION*

Dahlexpert

Final therapist log
Name Miranda hill

OK, this is my final log update on subject Alex Alcatraz,this is a pretty interesting subject Alex is a very aggressive individual, he enjoys hurting people that has it coming,he has a bare knuckle back round so he can do some serious damage to a person in one on one combat,he is...was a lieutenant in the cartel the biggest mob on the planet,subject since I got him has shown a side of his self that I don't even think he had.he as shown me that he is very kind compassionate wants to help others,but also guilty of is past but I have no doubt he will give his life for any of the solders here,which is why I recommend him for assault training,I believe his aggressiveness will make him a great assault solider.know as for my diction to keep him here or not. I decided to let Alex stay here he just needs to talk to some of the outer solders and that'sit I wish him luck in the near future.

logging off

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--April [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--
{Video Log Transferred from Famicom Personal Video Camera}

Foulke paces back and forth in front of the camera. A look of barely contained rage is painted upon his face.

Shite, shite, sheiße. How in the kankerachtig sieben Höllen is this kind of verdammt piss happening in the gottverdammte headquarters of the biggest bloody UN initiative in history? What the hell ever happened to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, or the Guidelines for Disciplinary Matters Involving Military Component Personnel? Beating a suspect for an assault case, bollocks, if that wasn’t actually happening I’d be able to appreciate the irony of that situation.

Dammit, why does this kind of shite keep happening? I can count at least one case of serious misconduct for every minute I spent ‘visiting’ Ayame. Are such schwein really necessary for the continued survival of the X-COM Project? Maybe I should haul that bastard in front of a kangaroo court, see how he...likes it.

A flash of inspiration crosses Foulke’s face, and he gives a slightly manic grin.

Of course. Find the biggest MP around, and accuse that bastard of serious misconduct, including but not limited to: assault, abuse of authority, excessive use of force, and conduct prejudicial to good order and disciple. And if that MP turns out to be said bastard, then haul before the Commander himself! Of course, that doesn’t deal with Ayame’s imprisonment, but it at least deals with Bauer interrogation techniques.

Alright, now to enact said plan. Hmm, feels like I’m forgetting to mention something. Never mind it, Foulke out.

Dahlexpert

Interrogation room 2#

Alex is walking to the room

"yo guards"

"halt this is a restricted area"

"I know but I have information on the savage betting that happened a few days ago"

"you what"

"yea I know who did it"

"Your lying we have the true culprit in side being interrogated"

"you have the wrong person see i'm the one who did it"

one of the guards opened the door and told the interrogator that they have the real suspect out side,the interrogator told the guard to tell Alex to wait out there.

"sir your gonna have to wait out here until we are done with the other suspect"

"yea i'm not big on waiting"

Alex pushed the two guards aside opened the door and locked it once he was in side

"look just give me twenty minutes and ill come back out."

"fine you have twenty minutes "

Alex turns around

the interrogator looks at Alex

"you relay should have waited out side"

"yea i'm not very big on waiting",Alex saw Ayame and her face was extremely bruised

Alex bowled his fist,"what are you doing to her you peace of SHIT

the interrogator smiles "just giving her an old faction interrogating,now why are you here"

Alex starter to walk to the interrogator "i'm here to tell you that i'm the one that gave that instructor the savage beating a few days ago"

"O you were the on who did it I don't.the interrogator turns Ayame chair so she is facing Alex."ou look Ayame it's the man you brought here to make you seem innocent"

"I AM THE ONE WHO DID IT"

"Yea right,wait your name is Alex Alcatraz right I read your profile"

Alex gets in the interrogators face " and what do you think of it"

the interrogator gives a devilish grin "Even though your capable of giving a savage beating,the victome suffers from nerve damage and I know your not capable of doing that, now if your done wasting my time I have to get back to me suspect"

the interrogator turns around and Alex garbed him by his collar

"look i'm telling you i'm the one who did"

the interrogator brushed Alex arm off of him "you are relay trying my patients I know your lying to me,and if you ever touch me again I will see you dissmesed from the x-com project

"Ou ok "Alex punched the interrogator in the face dropping him to the ground.

the interrogator starts to laugh "you just signed you own resignation"

Alex windes up his punch but stops but stops right before punches him

the interrogator laughs"so your having second thoughts

Alex picks up the interrogator and punch him in the face again

"Did you not here me you will be resigned from x-com

"Yea I heard you and believe me when I say that I love x-com and the people here,but I will not stand to see a women who is clearly being abused and just sit on the sidelines linting this happen so come here."

Alex picked up the interrogator and started punching him in his stomach "you like that you sick sun of a"Alex punched the interrogator in the face "bitch"

"GET up you piece of shit GET UP"

the interrogator low blows Alex,Alex falls to the ground

"you dirty bastard"

the interrogator starts stomping on Alex

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM"

Alex low blows the interrogator

'Ou"

Alex slowly gets up to his feet and grabs the laptop

"ou I know what you are, your a women beating prick,and I know what to give people like you"

The interrogator gets up to his knees and Alex smashes the laptop at the side of his head

"Damn prick"

Alex grabs the keys and uncuffs Ayame,Ayame falls to the ground and Alex starts to pick her up

"It's ok it's ok I got you"

Alex puts Ayme on his shoulders,Alex opens and one of the guards point there gun at Alex head

"Know i'm gonna say this once put the girl down"

TRANSMISSION lost#
Alex takes the guards tazer and uses it on him,and he sees the other guard aiming his tazer at Alex

"I'm only gonna say this once ether you are gonna shoot me or you will let me go,I see your hand isn't on the trigger so whats it gonna be."

the guard lowered his gun

"Good man ou and go check up on your boss there he might be dyeing"

Alex turns around to walk away,but the guard pulls out an arc thrower and uses it on Alex

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH",you coward.

Alex false on his face with Ayame on the top of his

"sir....sir "the guard slowly picks up the interrogator.

"Sir we stunned him sir he's unconscious"

"Excellent work now bring back Ayame"

"And Alex sir"

The interrogator smiles,"send him to the lower levels of x-com were no one can find him"

"yes sir"

(OOC) YO Zombiesplitter53 I hop you like this,I had fun having Alex beat the crap out of the Interrogator, and if there are any changes you want me to do let me know on my profile.

ZombieSlayer85

Anna's not doing so well, and I can't really blame her. I mean, first she's attacked by...someone, and ends up hospitalized, then her friend ends up in the med-bay herself after her mind is attacked, then Anna loses one of her friends, and now Ayame is being accused of assaulting a staff member. Really, I don't know how the two of them are holding it together. Somehow, Anna already knew Ayame was being interrogated. I told her that Ayame asked her to not try and see her, saying it was because she didn't want Anna to see her imprisoned, and leaving out how messed up Ayame looked, but I'm learning really quickly that I'm not a very good liar, so Anna probably saw right through me.

I was wondering if there was a way to help Ayame out. I'm not sure how we could prove her innocence, though. I know she's a bit temperamental, and from what little she's told me about her past, she's resorted to violence on more then one occasion, but Richard said she promised someone she'd watch her temper, and if she was talking about Anna, I'm sure that's a promise she'd keep. But short of finding someone with has psychic powers to read her mind, how would we prove it? Maybe we can start by getting her a more impartial interrogator. I wonder why he would go so far as beating a confession out of her, even if he believes she did it. And I know she's stronger then she looks, but as far as he knows, he's assaulting someone that's probably half his size. Deplorable. I bet she could get out of her handcuffs anytime to kick his ass if she wanted to.....

But how do we prove he hurt her without him turning it around like Ayame said he would. It would be the word of an MP against the word of an assault suspect. Damn! What's the point of a degree in Criminal Justice if I'm not smart enough to figure this out on my own. I wanted to ask Richard, but when I went to his room, he was yelling in German and pacing back and forth, and saying something about a kangaroo court. You'd think I'd know what that means. Damn it, do we get wikipedia on these computers?

.....oh, okay, that makes sense...moving oooooon.

I was also going to ask Tyler, but he was visiting the memorial and I didn't want to bother him, so I'll talk to him later.

Hm.....maybe I can ask that new guy, John...jeez, what was his last name...I wanna say Doe, but I don't think that's an actual last name. Aw, whatever, I know who I'm talking about. He seems a decent fellow, is very easy to talk to, is quite respectful. He even gave me some advice about how to stay cheerful when things look down, and I didn't even tell him about my problems with depression. Maybe he's, ummmmm...I don't know, great at deductive reasoning, like a real life Sherlock Holmes. Maybe if we combine this with Tyler's insightfulness, Richard's cleverness, Anna's intelligence and determination, and my...my, um...I, I have...nothing to contribute, do I...I...

(sigh) Damn it...alright, no time for self-loauthing, I can do that later. For now, the least I can do is spread the word...

*End Recording*

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 21 :

God damn it...They are interrogating Ayame because they think she assault that bastard Shooting range instructor...Interrogating my ass...They are torturing her in there, and I can't do shit about it!

I Hate feeling helpless!...

I Felt like that when my Mom locked me in the basement!
I Felt like that when my Father died!
I Felt like that when those bastards enslaved me!
I Felt like that when all my friends disappeared!
And now the nicest person I've ever met is getting beat to a bloody pulp and there is nothing I can do about it!

You'd think I'd be used to it by now!

I thought that I would finally be able to "Do something about the aliens" by joining X-Com...
For once in my life I wouldn't just sit back and Spectate!
But once again there is nothing I can do...

Ayame... I am going to get you out of there... I owe it to you...

I've got to find out how though... I need to go find Joseph and Richard...Maybe we can come up with a plan together...

*End of Recording*

Keiichi

Name: Keiichi Morisato (森里 螢)
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: Operation Crystal Pyre
Mission Objective: Diverting alien battleship by deploying a series of modified transponders
Kills This Miss
ion: 1
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 1

Promotion: N/A

Journal Entry:

Still alive against all Odds...
It seems I am not ready yet to leave this realm...

My first mission couldn't have gone worse.

My aim is still below 60%. Dr Vahlen says it's because of post-cryogenic syndrome that should go away soon.
Easy to say for her but I feel that my lack of precision cost us live of two squad members... If I only got my targets Cpl. Dusk and Sq. Kessler might be still alive. This mission showed us that we can not afford even smallest mistakes...

As my injuries goes the medical team calls me "Mr. Miracle" as they never saw someone surviving poisoning and an RPG in the face. The RPG shrapnels injured few of my internal organs and cause extended damage of my right arm and left leg. The damaged limbs have been replaced in over 60% by bionic implants. Now I know how Edward Elric must have felt...
Doctors says I should get just to "new parts" and go back to full mobility in week or two.

All in all I only wish Commander had stopped mispronouncing my name...

Dahlexpert

Location the lower dept of x-com

Alex finally becomes conchs

Ow my head what happen,ou yea I tried to save Ayame and what happened next, Alex slowly starts to remember what happened to him. "ou yea that damn guard tazed me,damn well it was so worth it I may be terminated but At least I stuck to my morals and did what I thought was right,and to me that's always worth it.

Well after what I did to that interrogator he should be in the med-bay for a while so at least Ayame is safe for now but after he recovers I don't now what hes gonna do but for know she is safe at least I hope so,well better make my self at home I dought i'm going any were any time soon.

End transmission#

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Stephan Chapman
Position: Project X-COM Brig Officer, Chief Interrogator

Update on the Questioning of Suspect in the Assault of Lt. Sean Chapman, Ayame Kasagi:

The interrogation of the suspect has yet to yield the inevitable confession we are sure to get. With all of the evidence stacked against her, she can't possibly expect to get out of this, so I'm not sure why she's still acting innocent. Anyway, her actions don't match her claims. After only a small amount of questioning, she quickly lost her temper and attacked me despite being handcuffed, requiring defensive actions that led to her receiving mild injuries. However, she did manage to injure one of the guards on duty, and he had to be replaced.

We attempted a second interrogation, this time using sodium pentothal, but the suspect proved resistant, so I had to continue my questioning without it. During said questioning, we were interrupted by a trainee who insisted on us releasing her, even if she was guilty. The suspect used this distraction to attempt an escape, striking me with the laptop, which resulted in a loss of footage, and shooting one of the guards with a tazer. I was able to subdue her, and the trainee was escorted out. These actions will be added to her list of charges once we get her to confess.

Lt. Chapman is still unable to remember the attack, but he clearly remembers the argument he had with the suspect beforehand, and the extreme animosity she showed him. For his sake, and for the safety of X-COM, I will continue the interrogations and we will make sure the suspect is made an example to these undisciplined soldiers that this kind of obscene insubordination will not be tolerated. Her next interrogation is scheduled in two hours, and I can only hope she isn't nearly as violent as she has been so far.

Majora098

Password required: EMPATHY
Welcome John or Dr. Vahlen
Select log: LOG 6
Password required: Rick

BEGINNING LOG

Name: John Doe

BTW Vahlen did you notice I changed the intro message to include you

BEGIN RECORDING

[John's face appears in the screen, there is a vague buzzing and the screen is flickering slightly, he looks very put out, he is mumbling, torture and interrogation can be made out, and he rubs his side gingerly, taking a deep breath he composes himself adding under his breath, "I'm here to help Rick, not to mutter and curse impotently about whoever that poor sap was in the interrogation room.

[appearing to calm down, the screen stops its flicker, and is spun around, revealing a cell door, another deep breath is heard, and John walks forward and opens it, revealing a depressed man sitting glumly in the corner of his cell. the screen goes wild, seemingly unable to decide if it wants to flicker or static]

"Hello, my name's John, I'm going to be your temporary therapist for today."

[Figure clears the sleep from his eyes and turns his attention to the newcomer. The screen begins to flicker slightly Hostility; therapists

Rick: Welcome to my little slice of paradise. However, I think you have the wrong cell. I'd have to have a therapist for you to be a temporary one.

John: A poor choice of words then, for unless you are not Rick Warren, I have been assigned here for, I believe, pre-release evaluation, so... you still seems to be hostile, though that might be from you dislike of shrinks... instead of... well you know

He sits up a bit straighter. Flicker shifts to slight distortion. Hope; freedom.

Rick: Alright, lets get this over with then.

John: "Let's start from the beginning, You were put in here because You attacked security, the official reason why is grief-induced insanity, brought on by the of Aribeth Dusk,[Sudden heavy static, Grief] , So what was your reason for attacking those guards?"

[Rick sighs, rolling his eyes]

Rick: I didn't attack them, they got handsy with me.

John: "And why did they do that?"

Rick: I'm pretty sure that's in the report.

John: It is, but I'm asking you

Rick: They wanted me to leave and I didn't want to.

John: "and so you broke one of their noses?"

Rick: Is this going somewhere or are you intending to give me the verbal run around?

[Silence for a few moments]

John: "I guess I'm asking you what were your reasons for the actions that ended you here, an answer that you seem to be deliberately avoiding. I would like to point out that your answer is the difference between further containment and release"

Rick: I already told you, I didn't want to leave.

John: "Not exactly specific, but you don't want to explain further because the pain it will cause you..." .
[a couple moments of silence]
"Alright, different tack, what will you immediately do if you are let out?"

Rick: (dryly) Take a shower.

[A huff is heard, and the the screen flickers slightly]

John: No need to be so snappy, I just want to know you won't do anything to provoke another incident, like break into the morgue.

Rick: No point in going to the morgue now.

John: Hmm... true, but still you didn't answer

[Rick just sits there, not answering and staring at the wall.]

John: Course there would also be no need to break in, after the damage you did on those doors

Rick: (smirking) The guards hit them too.

John: So back to the question...

Rick: No, mom.

John: I'm sorry?

Rick: Nevermind.

John: I must admit you are truly masterful at avoiding the question.

Rick: First time trying to psychoanalyze the Irish?

John: ha ha ha, anyway, answer the question, or we'll be forced to talk sadder matters.

[His almost carefree tone is replaced with a threatening edge to his voice, and the screen seems to curve away from the bottom left, as if trying to get out of the way]

Rick: I already said I wouldn't cause a scene, the fuck do you want?

John's tone reverts to it old tone as quickly as it had changed]
John: Actually you haven't specified that, though I guess now you have.. so is that a promise?

Rick: Scouts honor. Come on man, seriously?

there's a brief pause as John considers]

John: Hrmm... well I guess that's enough, and it all I probably will be able to get from him.

Rick: Can I go now?

John: Well I'll be going, you can leave once I file the report and the top brass approves your release, but don't worry, that should only be a few hours at most.

[the camera turns away from Rick and towards the door, John walks out of the room. As he continues to walk through he hallways John turns the camera to face him]

"Well, he is still hostile in his grief, though as mentioned before that may just be his dislike of Psychoanalysts, however I judge him not to be a security threat unless there is another forceful attempt to remove him from his grieving, and if anything keeping him in his cell will simply result in an increase in hostility. Just let the man grieve in peace in whatever way he wants to... he been though to much to not at least get that, John out"

End Recording

OOC: Ricks lines were written by Galho

Nukey

name: Nukey
Current Rank: Sq.
Mission Name: none
Mission Objective: none
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 3

ok boys and girls i'm back and rdy to kick ass , sobered up and geared for war :D
btw what is miss

ZombieSlayer85

Written Log:

I had a lengthy talk with both Richard and Anna about Ayame's predicament. Richard had an idea, which he presented with an almost maniacal smile. He proposed putting forth false charges against Ayame's interrogator. Chapman, I believe his name is. I asked him how he thought this would help, considering we would have no evidence. He said, "don't you see, it isn't important that these claims bear fruit. In a sense, we will be chipping at the ground, not because that alone will make the house crumble, but because it will show how weak the foundation already is." Essentially, he believes that, since Ayame can't file any complaints because her incarceration makes any claims she makes unlikely to be believed, assuming Chapman would lets them go out at all, we can get the ball rolling by making our own complaints, and when they're investigating our claims, they'll likely look into the terribly injured interrogated soldier.

I was a bit skeptical. Anna was completely on board, willing to do anything to help Ayame (in fact, I got the feeling she was disappointed that Richard wasn't proposing we raid the armory and go in guns blazing), but I was a little hesitant, afraid of what would happen if we were found out, a very likely possibility, but in the end, I said I was in. I know Ayame would do the same for me. In fact, I'm going to do it now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

X-COM incident Report
Trainee Joseph Andrews

This report is in regards to an assault committed by Brigadier Stephan Chapman. As my file will show, I had an incident with the Brigadier's brother a month ago that resulted in him being suspended. A week ago, the Brigadier called me into an empty room under the pretense that he had something he needed my help with. He then shot me with a stun gun while my back was turned. As he continuously kicked me in the stomach, he told me "this is what happens to some little pissant that crosses my family." When he was finished, he told me it would be stupid to tell anyone what happened, since they would always believe him over me and "you wouldn't want the same thing to happen to your friends." I'm now afraid that my inaction may lead to him bullying other individuals in a similar fashion. I only hope that the delay in my report did not lead to such a circumstance.

Joseph Christopher Patrick Andrews
X-COM Soldier, Trainee

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Typed Log :

Me, Joseph, and Richard were Plotting and Planning on how we would get Ayame out of there...

His plan is that we put False charges on the person Interrogating Ayame, that will lead to him getting questioned and when they find Ayame there all beat up, that would make it look like we are telling the truth.

Its a pretty good plan, there is still a big possibility that we will be caught and expelled from X-COM, but I would do anything to help her...
I owe it to her...Let's just hope as soon as we bust her out something else doesn't happen to her... This entire month has sort of been like a Rollercoaster of Misfortune, one bad thing after another, after another, after another, and so on...
I can't count how may times in my journals that my status has said "Pissed"... Well I can but you get my meaning...
I am serious after we get the charges off Ayame I am taking everyone out to dinner, Richard should join too, he deserves to be able to join considering how much he is helping us, then we can all eat Great food and Remember the good Times with Aribeth...

You know...I just realized that I am going to have to use my Full Name when I write this report... God I hate my Full Name...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-COM incident Report
Trainee Anna Stone

This report is in regards to an assault committed by Brigadier Stephan Chapman. This incident with Brigadier Chapman happened Five days ago, I was walking down the hall to Engineering to help Build more ammunition for the soldiers when Brigadier Chapman stopped me, He told me that he wanted to show me something Important so I followed him to a darker area of Engineering. When I arrived there I asked him what he wanted to show me, when I said that He punched me in the face as hard as he could, after that I fell to the floor and he then kicked me in the stomach Three or Four times. This likely happened because I had turned him down when he offered to take me to
Dinner two weeks ago. After Brigadier Chapman assaulted me he told me that if I told anyone he would Assault them as well, that is the reason why I have waited so long to fine this report, I hope my actions will not cause my friends any harm.

Annabelle Victoria Stone
X-COM Soldier, Trainee

Status
Not open for further replies.