Not open for further replies.
Name:Tyler Prohaska
Current Rank:Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

June 4th

I decided to give it a go and talk to some of the new recruits today and especially was looking for the members of the team who made first contact. I went to talk to Joesph first who seems like a well meaning guy with a good heart, he was extremely friendly but seemed a bit nervous around some of the female recruits. I mentioned that I was very happy that he had reached out to me because not knowing many people put me behind the 8 ball a bit. I was introduced to a couple of the other recruits including one Anna Stone. I sensed a small amount of tension when I was introduced and after Joesph walked away I asked her about it. She informed me that she had heard me mentioning my dead wife and was upset/concerned that in battle I would crack and think that she was her. I told her politely that I was under no delusions that my wife was dead and that she was a very different person. At the end of our short talk I promised to watch the volume of my journal recordings in the future so it didn't bother her.

I don't know how I did overall but in the end she seemed somewhat at ease. I then went off on my own and found Nukey sitting in the bar yelling out your mother jokes and drinking huge amounts of booze with Daven. They both seemed to be having a grand time and in the spirit of this new mask I am putting on I bought them a round and sat down with them to talk. Nukey filled me in on what it was like to be in combat and also gave me a couple really good laughs along the way. I left them to see what else was about and to find a damn electric pen for this journal so I can be me when I write in it. I combed the base looking for Sean but despite my best efforts couldn't find him. Instead I managed to get down to engineering and ask the older man in charge if he could help me, he was able to get me a pen so I could write rather than talk but also gave me an odd look like he could see right through me.

I then escaped back into my room for a brief time but left the door open ....... just to keep up appearances. Know that I have this pen and some time I can drop the mask of happiness. I kind of don't get these people they seem so damn happy but as long as I push myself to seem like I care about anything else but killing aliens the better for now. I am struck once again by how good all of these recruits are despite my best efforts I question whether or I will even be in the same league as some of them. In the end this just means I must train harder and not complain because that will just get me here sitting on my bed with a journal blinking at me.

Anna memory 2: The first time Anna told me she loved me was in sixth grade. We had been best of friends since fourth grade but in sixth the girls got meaner and the boys got grabby. Anna was never the best looking or talkative and so was an easy target, our escape in these times was an old tree behind the school on a hill. One day while sitting there she started to cry and asked if anyone would ever think she was beautiful. I remember her red braid that day in her hair and screwing up my courage I told her that I thought she was beautiful and everyone who said otherwise was stupid. Her smile that day makes my heart warm up to this day and she looked me in the eye and said "I love you". From that point on I had eyes for no one else......

Time to go and put the mask on again journal, I will hit the range for a bit and maybe see if I can get in with my fellow recruits. Maybe introduce myself to that Jesse fellow or the others. Until the next time

End

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Non-combat log 3

Log format: Text

OK, Lesson learned. No more alcohol for Mr. Andrews. EVER. Nukey, Will and me we were sitting at a table for a drinking contest. I had brought a camera with me to record the results. Mostly for the Lolz of watching two guys staring at each other over some glasses of alcohol.

Then lo and behold, Joseph shows up with a bottle of vodka, and a "Me too" attitude. He pours himself a shot, drinks it, and is out like a light. I had to drag his semi-unconscious form back to the men's dorm, where Tyler took it from there.

I really wish I'd seen the end of the contest, because I spent all of my time dragging Dork-Master-General back to bed.

I really do like all the drama. It makes me feel like I'm in a really, REALLY bad Spanish soap opera.

On another, less drunk note, I managed to apologize to Kasagi and Anna. Apparently Kasagi knows a great place on the surface we could visit if we could get out of this cramped hell-hole. Anna took the apology in stride and gave me a small little wooden token. It looked a bit like the hippie symbol I usually wore at home.

As always, Aribeth out!

Nukey

969_85d78799c18f6e516e6fcffd73ebb703.jpg

pick your poison Will :) , the finest Belgian beer.
i'll drink you under the table while schooting aliens with my other hand

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Audio Log, March X, 2015, 11:00 pm

(ssshh)...gijutsu garakuta no akirekaeru pīsu, naze anata wa dōsa shimasen?! Huh, oh, uh, I've seen everyone using these audio diaries, and I'm away from my written journal, so I guess I'll give it a try. I talked to Anna a while ago, and she said that that baka Andrews was trying to hit on her with it! She saw how agitated this made me, and told me his intentions were good, but I did NOT give him that bottle to try and seduce my.....I mean, to seduce Anna!

Prohaska was also talking with Anna, and he said Andrews had mentioned some kind of drinking contest in the mess hall. I found Nuke and Will Daven there, but when I asked where Andrews was, they laughed said he went to his quarters with Aribeth, and gave me a the bottle of vodka with abut a quarter left, telling me to return it.

First Anna, now Aribeth! I ran to his room (I think I knocked someone over on the way, I'll have to find him and apologize), and found Aribeth leaving. I asked if he'd done anything to her, but she said he was in no condition to do so (those two jakkasu probably thought it was funny stringing me along). Aribeth said he had one drink before face-planting the table, and she had to drag him back here. She ran off (something about catching the end of something), and I went into the dorm to whack Andrews upside the head with the bottle, but Prohaska convinced me to wait until he was conscious. He looked tired, so I offered to watch Andrews for a while to make sure he didn't drown in his own vomit, since this was partially my fault for not warning him how strong the vodka was.

So here I am, sitting at someone elses computer, record a log to pass time. I'd leave, but his face is unusually warm, and he keeps mumbling things about voices in his head and monsters going after someone named Jessica (probably another girl he's flirting with). I'm so bored, though. Maybe I should have a drink. I remember there was some reason I stopped drinking, but I can't remember what it was, and one little drink can't hurt, right?

(End recording)

Audio Log, March X, 2015 12:07 a.m.

I dekinai semblent apani fuoco mijn pensamientos! Arripuerit.....

Jidō Hon'yaku yYūkō: Nihon
Auto Traducción Activado: Español
Auto Translation Enabled: English

I don't....I, I, I think.....(Blurb), I am remembering while I did, I don't, I, I, I stop drinkin'. Because this stupid body ish undy...undeed...is a MOMSTER (momentary crying and sobbing, suddenly cut off), my liver doesn't work like a norman, so I cants proceed the alchy...the booze very good. (heavy breathing) I need some essencesessss! I havet had any sense I got here, and it'll take hours if I don't. Maybe a little from Andres..Andys...maybe a little from Joey here, this ish hiz faults anyways. (giggle, sound of chair falling to the ground, sound of unbalanced walking) .....ha ha, kissy kissy (slight moaning).....(more balanced walking, chair lifting, heavy breathing)...alright, a little, little bit better. I should be sober (urk!) sober enough to make it to my room. I just hope no one saw that. They'll only think we were making out, but the last thing I need is people saying I was kissing this pervert,even if he can be cute when he sleeps...wow, I really am smashed!

(End Transmission)

Zanza

Name: Thomas Witkowski Rank: Squaddie Status: Alright, I guess. The other day, they boys from my squad all went out together for drinks in celebration of a job well done. We all sat down and swapped our stories. Well, more like they did. I don't drink, and I only gave them the cliff notes version of why I'm here. I think they were a bit put off by my standoffish behavior. That's fine. I didn't exactly come here to make friends. Besides, I never really was good with dealing people outside my family anyway. Adam. Laura. Willie. Marie. I really miss you guys. Okay, I really need to stop dwelling on them before I become a wreck. Did any thing else happen recently? I think that some of the guys said something about a drinking contest. I didn't really care about it though. I do not drink, nor do I enjoy seeing people make drunken fools out of themselves. Oh yeah, I heard that one of the girls in training is apparently throwing around conspiracy theories regarding the Aliens. Something about how the battle my squad was in being way too easy and that there should have been a lot more resistance. Someone really needs to explain the concept of a scouting party to her before she sends all the other trainees into a panic. I might as well do it, since I'm thinking about it. Now, I just have to figure out which trainee I need to talk to.
(Why does this keep eating my formatting? :mad:)

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone
Non-Combat Log: 3

Well today has been an Unusual morning, woke up, took a shower, and went down to engineering to help make those Medi-Kits, then when I was walking back I couldn't help but notice the drinking contest, why are these people getting themselves wasted when the planet is getting invaded by aliens and we are the last line of defense? Just seems Idiotic to me...

Then while I was walking up to my room Ayame charges up the steps right past me, and before I could say anything she left, I couldn't help but wonder why she was in such a hurry, but I continued up to my bunk and took a well needed nap.

I wake up about an hour later, and decide to take another shower (Because at the time I was covered in oil from my work in engineering earlier), I stripped off my clothes and hopped in, but then I started hearing grunting and moaning from Andrews room, I sighed knowing what they were doing in there though not knowing who it was that he was doing it with.
Then next thing I know Ayame stumbles in, Drunk, but before I could say a thing she passes out on her bunk (Did that guy seriously get her drunk and screw her?!) I heard a rumor she was gay, but gay or not, people will do anything if they get drunk enough, so I got out of the shower threw some clothes on and went into Andrews room PISSED, I found him laying there in a state of drunken hibernation, didn't look like anything happened though, sheets were still neat, he still had all his clothes on (Thank god), but lets just say I am going to have to have a discussion with them both when they wake up, because I really hope what I think happened didn't actually happen, perhaps this is all a big misunderstanding. (God I hope this is just a big misunderstanding because If I find out my friend got used by some horny American said horny American will get there face caved in...)

*End of Recording*

Meaningofbread

Non-combat log 4:

Log Format: Audio

It's been a weird few days. How often are we supposed to write/speak/record in these things? I might need to send a letter to my parents...

Anyways, a while ago, Ayame stumbled into the dorm, punch drunk. She was mumbling something about "Spirits of Revenge" or something. But she looked as pale as can be, so maybe she did see a ghost.

Meanwhile it was another day training. I got to the treadmill and put on my most obnoxious dance music. While I was midway dance-jogging through The Final Countdown, I SWEAR i heard someone watching me. Oh well, probably just my imagination.

You know, I heard Sean brought his kid, Locorojo into the HQ. I would love to see a baby. It's been so long since I've been around children, but I love them so much!

Maybe I could visit if I wrote an E-mail to convince him.

To: SScruffson@XCOMHQ.net

Hey Sean!

How's it going? How was the mission? I'm doing great over here.

Listen, you may be wondering why wrote. I'd like to visit little Locorojo. It seems so amazing that you managed to bring him to safety. The thing is, I'd like to visit him, just for a little bit. It's been ages since I have been near small kids, but I love them so much.

Cheers!

Aribeth

Was that good enough? I hope so.

Anyways, I heard Presariov is looking for people to play D&D with. I'm in, but only if he uses first edition rules. BWA HA HA HA.

Aribeth off!

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

March XX, 2015,

I.....I don't even know what to write.

I barely got to morning role call in time. My head hurt some much, and I just wanted to pass out from the moment I woke up. I didn't even feel hung over, or at least, not the way I have before. I just lacked energy, like someone sucked the energy right out of my body, and the weird thing is, I seemed to gain more energy as time passed. Seriously, I have more energy now then before drills started. Didn't help me during training though. The only consolation is that half the troops seemed hungover, and I probably saved them a lecturing since the instructor focused most of his aggression on me.

I saw Ayame afterwards, and while she looked as hungover as everyone else, she looked different, a lot less pale, almost like a person who's eaten after a long period of fasting. When I said hi, her face suddenly flushed and her expression turned sour. I asked her if something was wrong, and she slapped me so hard she knocked me to the ground! Then she yelled "nothing happened, you stupid hentai," and walked away!

What happened? Oh, God, did I do something to her last night. She doesn't even like men, so if I did anything inappropriate, its all on me! She wasn't there when I started drinking, but I can't seem to remember anything past the first shot, so she could have joined us. I found Anna, since she's Ayame's friend and one of the few people smart enough not to drink, and I asked her if she knew what was wrong with Ayame. SHE LEFT A HAND PRINT ON MY LEFT CHEEK TO MATCH THE ONE AYAME LEFT ON MY RIGHT! Then she said, "keep your hands to yourself, you stupid American izvrashchenets," and walked away.

Now desperate to know what happened, I tried asking Nukey and Daven, but they just laughed at me. Aribeth look sober, so I asked what happened last night, but she just punched me in the stomach and told me to lose some weight. When I asked her why, she just smiled and said "the next time I catch you with anything harder then beer, I'm slugging you," and then walked off snickering.

What did I miss! What did I do! Why do half the people I've talked to want to hurt me, and the other half won't stop laughing at me? Exactly who had a drink of this stupid vodka? Why did I taste like Cherry Blossoms when I woke up? Oh, man, I hope there is a new mission people can focus on soon, before I make anymore of a fool of myself, if that is even possible.

Where's Prohaska , I'm sure he'll give me some answers.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: Some cardboard cut-outs. Joy.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Well, apparently when I heard that we would be having ‘final examinations soon’, they meant the next day. Damn, and I said I wasn’t going to be taking daily logs. Oh well, suppose with all the DRAMATIC REVELATIONS AND EXTREME TENSION that will likely happen whenever I get to know people, I might as well catalog it for the world to know, provided they ever let us declassify all this stuff. Might write a book. Make millions. Yeah, I can just see the title of it, A Non-Com in X-COM: A Biography by Richard Foulke.

Anyways, off of that tangent and back onto the circle, final exams were today, and it was a time trial breach and clear versus X-Ray cut-outs. Luckily I got one of the techies to mod my helmet with an auto-censor, hiding Their hideous visage, so I don’t break down every time I catch a wayward glance upon Them. Luckily it worked, else I would be out a cool few hundred. Damn techies aren’t cheap.

Well, anywho, onto my performance. It was divided up into three categories: Time, Accuracy, and Control. Time and accuracy are obvious, while control was a bit more confusing. I believe it went along the lines of your form and your reactions, graded on a scale of 00-50. Minimum time to beat was 180 seconds, minimum accuracy was 60%, and minimum control was 32. Thankfully I did quite well, with 102 seconds, 73%, and 41 respectively. They’re going to ship me off to X-COM HQ in approx. six hours, where I await the call to serve and the legendary 72 Hours of Hell, a ‘training op’ that last three days and puts considerable strain on the soldier, and is the last barrier before a Trainee can become a Rookie. Now that I said that, I do not await the call. I dread it. I really hope that I do not get called into duty, especially so soon.

Alright, done my psychologist’s homework for today. Better start packing.

Foulke, out.

Frostlich1228

I know I am recording this sooner than normal, but I want to explain what just happened, So Andrews woke up, I ran into him, got pissed, and I slapped him, So just now I went back to him and apologized, and I asked him if he had sex with Ayame last night, and he freaked out, all I could make out through his panic was "I don't think I did!"

So if he did he is either not telling me, or much more likely this is a Misunderstanding and he did not sleep with her, I want to talk to Ayame to verify what happened, but I can't find her, so I will have to wait until later to see.

I am really sorry Andrews, my hatred for Americans came out and I overreacted....So if you did do it, just be honest with me, If you didn't Ayame will have to tell me what really happened...

He just always seems to do the wrong things despite his best efforts...

Kinda feel sorry for the poor guy...

Anyway I should probably keep looking for Ayame....

*End of Recording*

Current Rank:Begrundingly a trainee

June 5th

Shockingly enough I woke up to a banging on my door today. After my marathon training session last night I arrived back at the dorm with the sounds of grunting greeting me. When I turned the corner I saw Anna trying to lug Joseph to bed and grabbed him lifting him in a fire mans carry. I told her I had it the rest of the way and she walked away muttering about punching him the next time she saw him. I made it to his room and put him in to bed all the while hearing him mutter "Jessica ......... vooooddka". I will not lie after the extreme limits I pushed myself to and carrying his drunken butt to bed I was exhausted so when Ayame came in to his room I was a bit on the blunt side. When she said that she wanted to hit him I reminded her that he was a kid in many respects to a lot of us. He had not seen the things we had or in many ways been forced to be uncomfortable and grow. She seemed to take that well and as a last ditch thing I added that if she wanted to kick his ass in the morning I would hold him still for her. At this point I got a small smile and was told to get my dumb ass to bed before I fell over.

Now the real question is ....... do I let this kid in because I am pretty sure he either slept with or attempted to sleep with Ayame which is going to be .....difficult. However if I don't it once again puts me in a position where my team won't trust me..well fuck it might as well just do it not afraid to get shot can't be scared of a kid who is scared as hell that he pissed off half the women here. With that I will put down my journal and pen ......... just my luck I put on a mask and have found a group of unlikely friends.......baahhh.

END

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Audio Log, March X, 2015, 7:18 p.m.

I swear, I will destroy him. I could see it in their eyes, that look of persecution, like they were looking at a girl walking out of a fraternity in one of the stupid American colleges. I didn't do anything with him! Hell, I didn't even want to, or at least, I don't think I did. I just needed the essence, I was desperate, and it always gives a euphoric sensation, especially when its been this long. Argh, and I've fed off of women for so long, I forgot how, I don't know, nigai a man's energy can be. It was surprisingly potent, too, like he was more spiritually attuned then I expected, and that it made my stomach hurt.

I saw him after training today. I tried to tell myself that I was the one who "kissed" him, that he wasn't even conscious, but when he talked to me, I thought about how everyone probably thinks I'm the fushidarana on'na of XCOM, and slapped him. Then I saw him walk up to Anna, and she hit him too, which means she thought we did it, too.

Anna asked me about it, and I tried acting tough, tried acting my actual age and not my physical age, telling her I plan to rip his heart out the next time I see him, but I eventually burst into tears for first time in over a century, telling her that I was drunk, that it was just a kiss, and that nothing actually happened. I wish I could tell her everything, and I'm sure she could tell I was hiding something, but she didn't seem to care. She just took me in her arms, telling me that she understands, and if anyone says anything she'll make hem understand, whether they want to or not, and I just sobbed as she stroked my hair like my mother had done for me as a child, so long ago. I normally hate being treated like that, but in this case it made me feel so much better. I sure hope she finds someone she loves after this is over, because she'll make a wonderful mother someday.

Once I was able to pull myself together, I tried to focus on the mission at hand. I read a post that some new recruits are coming to base for training. One by the name of Richard Foulke caught my eye. It said in his profile that he did exceptionally well in his final examination despite his lack of combat experience. I couldn't find much on him other then that, and a little, whats the word, slinking, around some security systems told me that his membership in XCOM might not be entirely voluntary, and he isn't too happy about it. Maybe we can help each other out. He could use a friend here, especially one with combat experience, and I could stand to work with someone so skilled with a firearm.

In the mean time, maybe I should apologize to Andrews. He's been running all over the base trying to find out what he did last night, terrified that he did something awful, and neither I nor Anna helped with that notion. If anything, he's more humiliated then I am.

.....well, eventually. I'll let him stew in his worry for a while longer. Besides, I have bigger issues to worry about. I didn't realize this training would drain my pool of essence so quickly. It must have something to do with the alien artifacts on base, and more and more will be coming in as we get more missions. I need to find another source of sustenance if I don't want another misunderstanding to happen. Its just so hard to maintain a relationship with a girl when she gets tired when she kisses you, and while I'm not completely opposed to it, I can't even remember the last time I had a relationship with a man.

Bisexuals are constantly misconceived as being "overly sexual", so the last thing I need to to do is perpetrate that stereotype by trying to make out with everyone with a pulse, and I'm not going to resort to sneaking into peoples rooms like some kind of Jiang Shi, but will I have to tell someone my secret?

Name: Jesse Cooper
Current Rank: Rookie

Got banned from the science labs. Apparently, the nerds don't like it when you touch their stuff. Dr. Vahlen was pretty pissed off at me for trying to "steal" lab equipment (it was only one Bunsen burner, for Chrissakes!). But I was able to get an extra blowtorch from engineering. Dr. Shen looked at me like I was an idiot or something when I explained to him that I needed it to cook bacon in my room, but he let me borrow it.

After leaving engineering, I was on my way to my bunk when the spookiest goddamn thing happened. This angry little Chinese girl in an XCOM uniform came stormin' down the hallway and knocked me down on my ass with the strength of an ox, then marched right into someone's room. I swear, if this place is haunted or something, I'm out. I'm ready for aliens and whatever flavors of strange they bring to the table, but I draw the line at ghosts.

When I finally got back to my room, I discovered that some son-of-a-bitch opened up my bacon-box and helped themselves to a couple of slices. I still have a lot left, but I hid the box at the bottom of my locker for safekeeping. Using the blowtorch, I cooked up a few strips of bacon and snacked on them as I set up my computer.

I was pretty hungry by the time I was finished settling down and went down to the mess hall for some actual chow. Met a couple of the others recruits there. Aribeth Dusk, an Israeli and one of the members on the squad; Anna Stone, a Russian girl who sometimes works in engineering;and a Kansas boy, Tyler Prohaska. He's a bit of a loner at times but he seems pretty level-headed and determined. Look forward to working with 'em.

Can't say I'm too snug down here at HQ though. I haven't been able to smoke for the past couple days and nicotine patches are the only thing preventing me from feeling like absolute shit. All these damn tunnels make me jumpy too; I think my eyes are startin' to play tricks on me. I've seen things like ghosts or ninjas or some shit moving around in the darker hallways. I like the hanger though, the fly-boys are pretty cool bunch and you can see outside when they open up the doors.

Can't wait to get my chance to go out there instead of just sitting here with my thumb up my ass. I guess I should just hit the gym or something to pass the time. Later!

***RECORDING ENDS***

Nukey

Name: Nukey
Current Rank: Sq.
Mission Name: off duty log
Mission Objective:
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Journal Entry: March 2015

almost a week is gone since our last mission.Me and Will were having some drinking contests to pass the time ( ugh my freaking head, need some asperines). cant remember what happend thiese past days. time so sober up i guess. god i hope we get to go out of this rathole. need to kill some aliens or i'll kill my braincells with booze. Anyway time to visit the place a bit.

on the way i passed dr Valhen , buzy as always probing alien corpses. i hope shes gonna work soon on those laser rifles man they looks sweet on the blueprints.
As i started to explore the base a bit in search for the gym, i saw we had some new recriuts so i went to them and introduced myself. nice folks. ah there the gym , well gonna keep this short time to pump some iron and later on i might show the rookies some martial arts moves to help em in hand to hand combat against them aliens when their fancy weapons break or run out of ammo.

end log

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: Witnessed a few.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Gah, that flight was longer than it should have been. Granted, it was halfway across the world, four in-flight refuelings, and an attempted boarding by a handful of Nigerian Sky Pirates, but still, far too long. On the note of the Sky Pirates, while I applaud their stones for trying to hijack a military transport, I also feel glad that Darwin was right, because now the human race is better for it because, you know, they tried to board a military transport, in flight, with fully visible turrets. Poor Cesnas went down in less than a handful of bursts from the underside turrets.

AC-130 landed somewhere in Asia, trainees disembarked, and the suit types return to give us the location of our quarters for the duration of our stay at the Fabulous Extraterrestrial Combat Unit Hotel, in Scenic Las Pissing Nowhere! Note to self, in my eventual book, put heavy sarcasm tags around that last ten words. And exclude both the note to myself, and this sentence.

Anywho, after such a flight, I decided to head down to the mess to grab a bite of whatever flavor MREs they were likely to be serving. Shockingly, I got actual food. Scrambled eggs and toast. Must have been early morning local, didn’t see the sun, but I’m still eight hours or so behind. Food was decent to be honest, not the best, but I’ve definitely had worse. As I was eating, I spotted one of the other recruits sauntering up to me. Female, looked too damn young to be part of this in my opinion.

I steeled myself for the encounter, and scarfed down the last bites of my toast and jam. To be honest, even among my old squad.....apologies, gotta stop mention that. Anyfoomanshoo, never been much of a social butterfly. She decided to sit across from me, and gave the usual pleasantries. I responded in kind, then asked her about her intentions in picking out me out of the fifteen other recruits to arrive. She responded with something along the lines of me needing a friend with combat experience. I distinctly recall giving an exasperated sigh, massaging my forehead, then doing my damnedest to not shoot a glare that would, if glares could kill, turn everything in a twelve meter radius to stray ions. Limited it to three meters. I....forcefully corrected her with that fact that, despite my American accent, I had served four years with the British Army, became a Lance Corporal, and then volunteered to join the US Peacekeeping forces for another three, which was followed by my recruitment into X-COM. She seemed a bit shocked at my, granted, irrational irritation over that matter. In hindsight, probably should have not used so much hostility, likely left a very bad impression.

Took that as my moment to leave and head to my bunk. Took bottom, don’t want to be on the top bunk in a likely earthquake-prone region of the world. Then again, there are tsunamis, and we are underground, no, no, cutting off train of thought right there. And with that, I have painstakingly recorded the entire happenings of the past several hours, and now I need to pass out.

Foulke, out.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Audio Log, March X, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

I can't help how small my body is. Its bad enough that I had to get stuck in an eternally sixteen year old body, but why do I have to be only 150 cm and 42 kg, with measurements of 32A-21-31. I thought things would be different here, because my being here would invoke some respect, but of course not.

Once I heard that the new recruits were here, I went to the mess hall to try and open up I dialog with Foulke, maybe get him to show me some pointers and share my experience with him. To my surprise, he snapped at me, and became incredibly defensive, telling me all the experience in the British Army and the UN Peacekeeping Forces he had. I was about to apologize if he felt that I was underestimating him, and explain that there was just so little information about him in the reports.

But then I saw it. I was confused as to why he was so quick to the defense, until I saw that look in his eye. It was that same, pig-headed, pompous, gōman'na look people have when they think they're talking to a child. I came to him with an open offer of friendship, and he treated me like some nosy little girl. Worse yet, he just walked away without another word.

Who needs him, anyway! I'm sure Anna or Aribeth will help me with my firearms training, and they won't treat me like a kid.

I was already annoyed when I heard that someone was spreading rumors that XCOM was being haunted by an "angry little Chinese girl." I found out his name was Cooper, and burst into his dorm room to give him a piece of my mind. To my utter surprise, he yelled when he saw me and pointed a flamethrower at me! Why does he have a flamethrower? Where did he get a flamethrower? Why does his room stink of bacon?

"Oh, sorry kid, I thought you were a ghost," he said, lowering it. Once I wasn't in fear of being roasted, I realized he was the guy I knocked over earlier, and was about to apologize for that, when he placed his hand on my head, and said "I didn't mean to scare you, little girl, but you really shouldn't be down here with all the grown up soldiers, its dangerous." He then walked me to the door, handed me a strip of bacon, and said, "Now head back up to the civilian dorms. And I'm glad your not a ghost," and closed the door.

Now royally shēngqì tā mā de guānbì, I went to the gym to work off my aggression on the heavy bag. I was feeling better until I heard someone say "who let the kid in here", followed by "I bet a lolicon would love to see her in those shorts", and I punched the heavy bag off its chain and ten feet across the room. When everyone wouldn't stop staring at me, I asked "what the FUCK are you looking at!", and stormed into the next room.

Nukey was showing some of the new recruits hand to hand combat moves, and was looking for a volunteer to spar with. I stepped up, and again, he tried to refuse to fight me because of how young I look. I was in no mood, so I took a shot at his pride, saying "whats wrong, OLD MAN?! Afraid of losing to a little girl?" I could see by the way his eye twitched that I stuck a chord (men are so predictable), and he took his stance. He quickly learned that he had grossly underestimated me, but once he got serious, I found I had also underestimated him. His form, his posture, his speed, his reflexes, they were all that of one with years of experience. It had been years since I was so challenged, and in no time I found we were both grinning like fools. I wish the fight could have gone through completion, but I soon realized I was having too much fun and drawing attention to myself. I hated to insult such a worthy opponent by taking a dive, but I "missed" a kick and took a fist square in the face (it still hurts). As I left the gym, I could hear the others talking about how I never stood a chance. I hate to have to swallow my pride like that, but maybe I can challenge Nukey again away from prying eyes.

My opinion of men has dropped even farther today, and I've never felt so small. Its hard to believe that the only man who has really treated me respect down here is Andrews, and I slapped him in the face the last time I saw him. I can't keep avoiding him forever. Eventually I'll have to tell him I'm sorry.

I used a lot of energy today, and I'm no closer to finding a solution to that. (sigh)

*End Recording*

Frostlich1228

Non-Combat Log 4:

So here we are again today, no alien activity and no work for me to do, I've been in a state of contemplation ever since I woke up this morning...Sitting in my room, Painting and thinking...

Late yesterday I ran into Ayame and asked her about what happened, she started crying, I hugged the poor girl, and told her everything will be all right, she said that she was drunk and in her drunkenness kissed Andrews...

She was hiding something from me though, I can see it in her eyes, it is understandable, she has only known me for a few days, But I could see it...ever since she came here, that look, of deceit....I know it too well...
What is she hiding, I wonder, Is it something as simple as lying to me about Andrews?
Can't be...I saw it before she ever met Andrews...
Is she working with the aliens?, perhaps she is some sort of sleeper agent?
Or perhaps it is something far more sinister, or perhaps something far more benign?

I just want her to tell me...I feel like she will betray me...its what has happened to my friend before, one Lt. Kerrel Victenez, He gave our secrets to the alien forces, Our ID and facial scans, after that my friends disappeared...all because of one man...All because I had not acted, when I saw that look in his eyes...The head of my squad in Russia, knew that bastard had given away our Intel to the enemy forces, thats why he wiped all knowledge of me and my comrades from the databanks and sent us to the various X-com bases around the globe, I was not given much of a choice, but if I had been given a choice I would have still joined X-com, for the greater good, for what is one life to that of the lives of every person on our planet?
This is Home...My Home...Your Home...All of our Homes...And to betray it, is to commit the worst kind of betrayal, the betrayal not of one man, or one group, but betrayal of an entire world...

Ayame...Please...Don't betray us...Don't be like him....
Please Ayame...You're Better than that....
You're one of the only people I have ever truly trusted after that incident...
Please Ayame...Don't make me regret it...
Just tell me...Ayame...скажите мне ваш секретный...

Current Rank:Trainee

June 6th

As I write this I have a series of questions on my mind. After finishing my talk with Joesph he went off quietly, we had talked about him being understanding of Ayame and Anna because in the end a lot of factors and negative experiences had shaken their faith in others. He went off to sit in his dorm room or to find some open air, ether of those two were his to find and in the end to deal with as he saw fit. Joesph seemed like he is what he is just a good guy who got caught up in a bad situation. From what I had heard him tell me in his memory fragments from the evening I think he got a kiss but nothing else. With any luck this little situation will run it's course quietly or at least that is what I thought.

I heard a rumor floating around that a new trainee had come in and had treated Ayame like a child which will make things even more tense with her and the men on the base here. I went to his room but saw it with the door closed and the sounds of quiet snoring coming from within, the next logically thing seemed to be finding Nukey. I went to the gym and saw the wreck of a heavy bag in one corner with Nukey standing with a group of trainee's. I stood on the sidelines and watched as he showed off his prowess in hand to hand combat with a gentle hand seeking to train not injure. He caught my eye and motioned for me to join but even with my back ground in wrestling and boxing I knew my superior but jumped in anyway. He flung me around a good bit but I managed to get in on a sweet duck under once ........ which resulted in me getting flipped over his back. I shook his hand and decided it was time to either do something monumentally stupid or exactly what was needed.

With these thoughts in mind I went to find Ayame, which I did in her quarters sitting looking at the floor. I knocked on the door and calmly asked if I could talk with her for just a minute. When she remained quiet I stayed outside but talked anyway. "I know you are something different" I began. Which lead to a blazingly fast stand up and square up from her, which I internally almost bolted after. "I know that you feel out of place because of the way you look, and I know that you don't like men probably with good reasons". Her stance still remained hard and tightly wound "Now I know you could probably kick my ass up and down the hallway here ... and probably through the science lab as well but this is bigger than all of us". I dropped my hands down and tried to look as non threatening as I could "This is a conflict that will shape us again and will either kill all of us or just some of us". Her eyes never dropped by her fists did, "You can do whatever you want because even though you look like a kid you are willing enough to die for and with all of us which makes you worth more than many". I back off calmly adding "Just take it easy on Joesph he really has no idea about what is even going on, if you need to talk then please come and do so to be fair I really don't talk to anyone so I have no little ears to vomit out information to". As I turned to leave I sighed and added "I lost my whole family and life to these things .... every night I feel dead but at times here I can trick myself into feeling like I am once again truly alive again, a feeling that in some ways I think you echo. Just remember like all those Star whatever movies say the needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few....goodnight Ayame".

After this insanely stupid move I went back to the male dorms to sit for a minute. Jesse yelled at me about not stealing his bacon to which I flung back that bacon is pig fat so if he peeled a chunk of his ass he could replace the items in question. This got a roar of laughter ripping out of him again. I washed my face and looked in the mirror seeing a man with a set of deep green eyes and a lot less baby fat than when he had first gotten into training. As I sat on my bed with the door open again (This whole being a good person thing is a challenge) I grabbed my copy of Moby Dick. It is yellow with age and falling apart in some places but in the cover is the one other thing I took from my old home...a single red ribbon frayed slightly on one end. As I lay down I held it in my hand and wonder quietly when it will be time to see my beloved Anna again.

Anna Memory 3: On my fifteenth birthday Anna guided me up to that old tree where I had heard her say "I love you" the first time. It was a peaceful and starry night the kind that you only experience away from city lights and noise. As we lay down looking at the stars she slipped a book into my hand. I looked at it and was shocked to see a copy of Moby Dick which was my favorite. I smiled and opened it to see a red ribbon, when I pulled it out Anna blushed and said "I always read that a lady would give a favor to her knight in the old days, and seeing as how you have always been my knight in shining armor I decided it was high time I give one to you". I held the small item in my hand which was so precious to me now and kissed Anna as the stars wheeled above our heads.

What in the hell am I doing ..........................

End

Meaningofbread

Non-combat log: 05

Log format: Text

Things have taken an extreme turn for the odd. I always knew something was wrong with Ayame.

What happened is that after training, I managed to corner her. I took her by the wrist and said, "Ayame, we need to talk." Surprisingly she didn't kick me across the dorm room. I pulled her over to one of the construction sites, and said "Something is wrong. Dead wrong" She looked at me back. "Anything you say, will not leave this room."

Then, she explained everything. From the Ming Dynasty, to her "Death" and all the way to here. I'm still confused. Is she a vampire or something?

We haven't talked since, but we need to find some sort of solution soon.

Aribeth, out....

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

March XX, 2015,

After a day of questioning, I made little headway in discovering the events of the other night. Anna apologized for hitting me, which I appreciated, but then asked if I slept with Ayame, which only made me worry even more. If I had really taken advantage of Ayame, I would never forgive myself, and I would never be able to look my sister in the eyes again.

I tried to talk to Ayame again that night, but as approached her room, I could hear her crying, telling Anna it was a drunken mistake. The guilt hit my stomach like a ton of bricks, and I ran to my room and vomited in the bathroom for a good ten minutes, before sitting on my bunk and just staring at the floor.

Prohaska gave me some insight,. After explaining that I had little memory of what I did, only a shot of vodka and the sensation of someone kissing me, and he suggested that I remember that, like most people here, individuals like Ayame and Anna have pasts that likely effect their view of others and that I need to take this in mind when talking to them. While I was previously content with dropping the matter and simply hanging my head in shame whenever they walked by, Prohaska made me realize that this would be the cowards way out, and that I needed to own up to them, and except any deserved punishment or spite.

Tyler, you have insight way beyond your years, and she probably working directly with Commander Odd on this war.

I spent most of the day today looking for her, but I got the feeling she was avoiding me. I did have a chance to talk to her in the mess hall while she was talking to a new guy, and again when she came to the dorms to talk to Cooper about something, but she seemed so angry both times I lost my nerve.

Later in the gym, I was attending an impromptu hand-to-hand training session by Nukey. Prohaska volunteered to spar with him, and even though he was taken down, he did a great job, so I thought I'd give it a try. I through a quick right jab, and somehow found myself laying flat on the ground with my arm twisted behind my back without even knowing how it happened. Chalk up another humiliation for me.

I was sitting in the back, licking my wounds, when I heard a loud crash from the other room, followed by an incredibly pissed of Ayame storming in the room and challenging Nukey. I'll admit I didn't give her much credit, thinking she had little hope, but she held her own. While he beat her in strength and reach, she compensated with dexterity and speed, and the seemed equal match in skill. But then she took a hard jab to the face, and the fight was over.

After seeing how mad she was, and after that hit, I didn't think it wise to talk to her now, but Aribeth suddenly walked up to me and slapped me on the back of the head, saying "What are you waiting for, stupid?"

As I approached her room, I noticed Prohaska leaving. Hoping he put in a good word in for me, I entered the room slowly and cautiously. I had to announce my presence, as she seemed to lost in thought (I wonder what they talked about), and she immediatly averted her eyes when she saw it was me.

"Look," I said, well aware that my voice was cracking, "I'm not sure what happened the other day, and I'm sure whatever it was, a simple apology won't do, but it is all I can offer." Her face started to flush, and she started to speak, and I was afraid she wouldn't know how sincere I was, so I dropped to my knees and laid my head on the ground. "Please, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I know I can never undo what I did, but I swear, I will spend everyday of my life trying to, if you'll just give me the chance!"

"Oh my God, please, get up," she said with surprise in her voice, "Its okay, I forgive you, you didn't do anything that bad!"

"Do you mean that?" I asked?

" Yes, yes, just get off the floor before people think I'm making you bow to me or something." I got up, and she wiped I tear from my eye. "Look, we are all weirded out by the other night, but you can just forget about it, I'm not mad anymore. Now please, go get some rest, and if you still want to talk tomorrow, you know were to find me."

I left the room with a weight lifted off my chest. I passed Anna as I left, and I hope she didn't witness that humiliating display. I have high hopes that I might be able to work on fixing my tarnished reputation, and Ill need help from people like her, Ayame, and Prohaska if that's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.