X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grelite

Dear Space Diary,

You know, whenever we start our process on a new planet, I am reminded of our first conquest. When we were first exiled by the ascended and roamed through the void, we were quickly losing our psionic strength. Without it we were afraid our frail bodies would decay rapidly, leaving our bodies in a paralysed state in which we could do nothing but slowly die. This was when we came upon the Sectoid homeworld.

The Sectoids had long since found themselves capable of psionic feats and had tied telepathy and mind melding well into their culture. They were far from the stage our species had brought itself into, but they had well developed their abilities. When we arrived on their planet they saw us as Gods and surrendered to our superior psionic powers.

It was because of their psionic capabilities that we could communicate with them. They freely subjected themselves to us and as a superior species, we uplifted them by creating Sectoid Commanders; specialized Sectoids, raised under our command, who would further subdue the populace to our will. We had secured a steady source of psionic power and saw that it was our way forward. Thus began our quest to find species capable of psionic feats and form the biggest collective the Galaxy has ever seen. And we would be leading this armada in our quest to ascend as those who exiled us did.

On the blue planet, third from the yellow star, our operations are well into phase two. The Sectoid Psionic Strike Teams have succesfully executed phase one and set up a base of operations. During phase one, select groups of Sectoid Commanders go out to the native species' settlements and control the minds of a single individual in a group. While we abduct the rest, the individual is led to believe the Sectoids killed them and they survived only by chance and the occasional other delusion we can fit into their minds. This always seems to motivate the species to bring out the most in themselves and hopefully will bring out latent psionic capabilities.

Glarbon did report the accidental release of one Chryssalid, though it was recovered, he believes it had been spotted by several of the natives. I suppose we were lucky it did not get close enough to any of the locals to start an infection, we would not want a repeat of Heskar Gamma before phase three. Those things procreate like Space Bunnies, except all they need is a foreign host.

The report also showed the Sectoids have established a base on the surface, where they have started research on the natives. We still have not got a name for them yet, but they did recover a large amount of data, stored using symbols on organic material. The research team has started decrypting this data, perhaps then we will have a name for these Meatbags. The research on their technology, though impressive, seems to conclude that we are far more advanced, this might cause a delay in phase three, but we will see how quickly they will adapt.

Another curiousness in the report says that though they have several powerful weapons, these weapons seem only to be pointed at themselves. This could explain why their weapons are impressive, yet the species might not be. I have ordered more Sectoid Psionic Strike Teams to investigate the effects of further inner conflict. Perhaps this species would rather fight each other than us. Despite their appearance, this species could be more aggressive than the Mutons, which might be too much to use to our favour. At this point, it is too soon to tell.

After all business was done it was time for some me-time. To much of my displeasure I was completely out of snacks and I ordered Glarbon to pick up a bag of Milkyways for me. Apparently he sent out a scout ship to pick them up, but it was shot down by the Meatbags on its return trip. It is surprising they managed to gun one of our most nimble vessels down, but I was more pissed off about the prospect of not having any snacks any time soon. My mood got even worse when I heard that the natives got to the crash site before the Sectoids did. Glarbon is lucky I was short on glucose, or I would have flayed his mind out of anger.

And it wasn't over even then! It turns out they brought a key to the base along with them! It's a good thing the Meatbags don't know a key from a hostile life-form and shot it down like it was threatening their life, which it probably was. Disaster averted, but I still had no snacks. The second scout Glarbon sent was more succesful, but they only returned with Mars bars. I was too tired to bring up the significant difference, and those Sectoid idiots wouldn't have understood anyway. It's tough being a God.

Nukey

Name: Nukey
Current Rank: Sq.
Mission Name: off duty
Mission Objective:
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Promotion: Assault : Run and gun
Journal Entry: March 8 2015

6am we were all still sleeping when the Alarm went off. live bogey guys we got a saurcer flying arround asia. we all went to the CIC to watch the action. Pilot X strapped in and took off. man what a jolt that had to be to take off like that.

6:12 am contact: after a brutal dogfight pilot X took the ufo down. And Commander Odd sounded another alarm to gear up. but he told me not this time Nukey its vital for us that we also train our recruits. i know your eager to get out there but next time buddy. enraged i went to my bunk and took the picture of my deceased girlfiriend and started for a while. I manned up and wished rookie dusk and heuy the best and remebered to be carefull. we got lucky on our first mission cuz the aliens were stupid. But as all intelligent creatures they learn. hope wont go wrong

as they flew off i ran back to the CIC to check the battle progress. damn tough environment. woody area plenty of places to hide, but also for them. first turns went well . but then i saw that dusk was hit on the scream . Damnit i said to her to be carefull. luckely will tended to her.
as the battle went on Sean was pinned down from his vantage point by a grey. good thing Cmd Odd forsaw this and moved the rest of the squad
in a flanking position of the controling grey. and in act of courage dusk threw a grenade to the grey and saved the day.
we all were cheering in the CIC !!! Yeah well done Dusk.

gravely wouned she was brought back to the base along with the others. thx to the good care of will she would be okay. i was glad for her
later on that evening me and Will were having our usal drink at the bar when dusk and the others arrived and we partied on all night on.

end journal

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews
Rank Trainee:

March 7th, 2015, 8:30 am

It, its that alien again. The one from that night. It can't be, your dead.

What do you want from us? Why are you here, what did we do to you?

NO! I can't let you. WE can't let you!

Oh we'll see about that. We're a lot stronger then you give us credit for.

"Hey Andrews, wake up"

You even think of hurting my friends, my sister.....

"Come on, get up."

.....or my WORLD, you'll wish you were never born!

"HEY BAKA, WAKE UP!"

I woke in a daze, leaping to my feet and looking around in confusion. "Whats going on, where am I? How did I get out here? Ayame? What happened, are you okay? Your complexion is back to normal! What happened to your hair, its black again? Where are the doctors? What time is it? Oh God, its after eight!"

"Calm down," Ayame said, holding a hand up. "I'm feeling better, isn't that enough, and don't worry about training, the doctors let them know you were here."

"Well that's a relief, on both points." I stretched for a moment, taking everything in. I could probably have asked more questions (did I dream that her hair was white?), but I was just revealed she was okay. "Oh!" I yelled suddenly, causing her to jump, "We have to let Anna know you're alright, I'm sure she's worried.

"Don't worry, I'll tell her when she wakes, please don't disturb her."

"Uh, okay, I guess you'd know best, and she was tired. I guess I'll head off to training. I might be off the hook for being late, but I doubt that dickhead instructor would let me off if he found out I didn't show up after your were released. I'm glad to see your better!" And I ran off. I'm sure I'm out of the loop on something again, but I'm too relieved to see Ayame doing so well to care. She looked healthier then I've ever seen her, and the way she smiled when I mentioned Anna reminded my Jessica in happier times.

I hope I get a chance to see Aribeth after training. I don't know why, but I have the feeling something is going to happen today, and I know she's next to go out in the field.

Rosen0x5

Name: Riki Maru
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry:

It was early in the morning when most of the soldiers were still sleeping when that blasted alarm sounded off. Everyone rushed infront of the commander so that he can pick a team and brief them on the current situation. Unfortunately i was not picked, as i am deadly curious as to find out what and how our soldiers are facing on the field. That report i sent to T.G. last week contained mostly encrypted data only the corrupt lazy bastards at Area 51 can decrypt.... scumbags.

But the lucky ones were Davin,Scruffson,Dusk and Kruthas. Needless to say most of them returned unharmed, all but Aribeth Dusk. Those plasma burns just melted her skin away, hopefully the skar wont be too big.

I have taken some pictures of the sectoid corpses and will send them along with a warning to the president to retreat to his bunker. It is true, the world is at war. Hopefully the bootlickers at Area 51 can make good use of the data on "Operation Devli's King" im going to send them this week.

Unless Cmd. Odd's engineers can locate and decrypt this signal the data transfer will be completed by morning. As of now i will relocate myself to the bar and abduct a few beers.

Mission Log 2.
Name: William Davin
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name: Devil's King
Mission Objective: Locate grounded UFO, avoid damaging anything salvagable, and kill stragglers
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: None (Still Squaddie)
Journal Entry: I slept late after helping the kitchen staff clean up last night. I had just left my room's doorway when I heard there was a UFO sighting. Is it just me or was that a little too easy to shoot down? Anyway, Commander Odd, met us in the mess hall at the end of lunch. Sean, Aribeth, Kruthas and I were assigned to the mission. Oh I know Nukey is gonna be mad. Great guy and a damn good shot, but I think being sat on the bench while all the action was happening kinda made the kid trigger happy. He's got a mouth on him too. But its not that bad. Gotta stay upbeat in situations like this, what with aliens invading and all. Aribeth seemed a little tense on the flight over here. Might just be nerves. I know I was nervous on mine.
On touchdown, Aribeth immediatly spotted some "sectoids" (Is that what the science junkies called them?) We didn't have much cover and commander Odd seemed a little nervous about that. Despite Commander's idea of him being distracted by family issues, Scruffy let loose one shot. A scream tore through the air. Everyone had their eyes peeled, but those rookies have a steady aim and a sharp eye. One more unearthly scream. Aribeth got first look at the UFO while I was ordered to stay back and cover. How does something like that even soar across the stars? I was shocked out of my thoughts by some "Alien made of Pure Energy" according to Dr. Vahlen. I don't know if I'm gonna get chewed out by Commander Odd, but I threw my one smoke grenade about half a minute before that alien shot. For all we know, it could've saved someone. Kruthas blew open the UFO while Scruffy took down the big guy. Dammit! Dusk took a hit as she advanced! I better get more medkits next mission. The wound had some sort of burn to it. Looked like she got hit with some sort of super heated bullet or something. I could tell she was in pain but she shook it off while walked right up to the huge energy door on the UFO! Man's got guts. After making sure Dusk was fine I followed Huey shortly after and took the lead inside. I could feel the humming energy all around me. It was eerie. I don't know what Dusk and Sean were up to outside. Next thing I know, Dusk came up behind me. Scruffy must've stayed behind! I'm getting worried. He has a kid! He can't afford to kick the bucket anytime soon! All of a sudden, Dusk rushed out of cover and flung a grenade. I didn't hear a scream this time but Commander Odd came up over comms and confirmed a kill. I might've just blocked out that scream. I gotta go talk to Scruffy and see if he's alright.
We had barely gotten off the transport when word came in of Abductions. The aliens are getting smarter. It's honestly scaring me.

I might ask Commander Odd to let me sit out this time and let a recruit take my place. But what if someone dies? What if they die because I wasn't there? No. I can't be thinking about that. I can't save everyone no matter how bad I want to. Oh Kristina, I miss you. You'd know just what to say....

*the sound of crying can be heard*

-End Audio Recording-

Lethbridge_Gin

Name:Trevor Conan
Current Rank:Rookie
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

March 7th 2015
It has been 6 days since the Australia attack by an unknown force even the news says nothing on the TV. Life at the X-Com Base was not bad if i have one negative part to say is that though the 6 days i had to put up with noise i hear and i am not the only one here who sick of it if i keep hearing all that noise i am first get a stick and hit the ceiling and say keep that noise down here some want to sleep and then make a complaint to Commander Odd about this mess and get some rest.

Back to what i said before meet a lot of rookies in the bar some of these stories i get from the bartender some sad and happy i hear that one guy named i think his was Shen and he had a baby with him named Locorojo and i said a baby? why do you think that is all that crying it will cause be worse then the noise X2. well i say to the bartender well i have a kid at home named Gin we talked a bit about what i do before X-Com but that was a whole new story on its own.

Well today it was just a normal day and now i hear that people from the news can enter this base now since when!. Oh do we have a picket sign says X-Com Base in Neon lights?. OK got that out so today i hear the alarm go nuts and i rushed and reported in and what i herd next was nothing i was told about that a UFO is flying around Japan and taken down by a jet?. Odd thing was it was true when i set my eyes on one that i hope for a different week.So the commander sent two rookies named Dusk & Kauthas with Shen & Davin to clean up the UFO Crash in japan.

Some time later that they get back alive and well and i hear Dusk Saved Shen well at lest Loco will see his dad more. I am glad to hear that and Dusk went to medical for at lest 6 days and got to support in doing so good job man. Lastly i called my family in Langley if things were OK and they say they saw the news form who comes to X-Com and say are the story true about the UFO in Japan today and i say things are fine that no one got harmed? and i say good night to them.

March 8th 2015

I herd the alarm that aliens started attacking 3 places this time they were LA in America, Glasgow, UK & Brazil and i was told to Suit up for action you might go to LA. So i left and what i saw will only mess up my mind.

End Of Recording.......

Frostlich1228

Anna Stone:

Non-Combat Log 7 :

I just woke up and feel so out of energy...However I woke up in My bed and I assumed
that Ayame had woken up during the night and carried me to my bunk
I guess she was telling the truth about that whole vampire thing...
Ayame has not come to check If I have waken up yet though...
That kiss was just so strange, it was weird enough kissing her because I am not only her friend, but I am not even gay, or at least never thought of my self as gay before, I would never tell her that though, because it seems like she likes me as more than just a friend and telling her I am straight would probably hurt her feelings.
How could she Love me though?
We have only known each other for a week now.
Perhaps she is just looking for comfort in someone who understands her, I am too, that's why I befriended her so fast, but I guess she has
fallen in love with me because the only person she has ever known that treated her like I treat her was her Lover, perhaps she wants me to fill that void, but that is something I just can't do...
Love is just a distraction, if we both fall in love, and I or Ayame happens to die,
the one of us that are left will be so heartbroken that we will not be able to finish the job we have to do here.
Love is a concept that has no place on the battlefield, at least that's what my Parents and Comrades told me.

Anyway I heard that we had shot down a UFO earlier today, and the squad they sent was Sean, Davin, Kruethas, and Aribeth, they haven't come back yet though so I don't know if they were successful in getting the materials or even if they lived, if they did live they should be on their way back now, and should arrive pretty soon.

I can't help but keep looking at that painting, that insect in its hard shell, those Eyes, bright yellow, like a star, staring into my soul...
What is this creature, why did I paint it, what does this creature have to do with me and where do I know it from?
The questions are endless, every time I look at it, I feel a sense of Freedom, of not having to follow the orders of someone else.
A sense of Instinct, of just letting that bestial nature that lies hidden in all of us loose, to run without have to think of a goal or a plan.
But then I feel Dread...A sense that there is no hope, that there will never be hope, that all we fight for is for naught, that we are doomed.
I hear a faint voice in my mind telling me to just give in, to submit, and become something better, something....Perfect.

I don't know why I have these thoughts, perhaps the base life is getting to me, but I know I have seen this creature somewhere before,
But I cannot remember where or when, Its very faint, but I can distinctly remember seeing it somewhere...
It is like something is stopping me from remembering...but if that is the case, what IS it?

*End of Recording*

Zanza

Name: Thomas Witkoski
Total kills since joining X-com: 1

One of our fighter jets managed to take down a UFO. A strike team was sent in to check out the crash-site. Commander Odd made sure I was not on that team. Something about wanting to actually bring back alien tech to study.

And even more irony kicks in. Explosives were used during the mission, and most of the tech from the Aliens ship was too damaged to be properly studied.

So yeah the mission was a success, but one of one of the girls is in the infirmary for the next week . The first to be injured on duty and probably not the last.

Other than that, nothing interesting rea--

Looks like I spoke too soon. The alarms going off and orders to suit up has been sent out. Here's hopeing I get to take the field this time.

Thomas out!

Rem Bloodlock

Name:Tyler Prohaska

June 2 entry:

To be very honest I have no real idea what you want me to say. I was a simple man with a simple but great idea for a home and family that still haunts me to this day. The doc on staff here has checked me out a couple of times due to my lack of interest in socially interacting with my peers. To be honest it isn't that I don't want to talk to people it just is the brutal fact that I have nothing to really bring to the table with them. Many of my team mates have families or other ambitions to follow through on after this is over. My own single driving purpose is to kill as many aliens as I can before I die and go back to my Anna ............ to my family.

The routine I have set up is pretty simple really, I get up early and go and lift until my arms feel like they are going to fall off. Then I go and run until my legs can't take it any more before going to the shooting range. I view this less as a object lesson in insanity and more like a honing my own body to become a tool of death. Long before all of this my father insisted with the gentle pressure from my mother that I read the classics. Kind of hated all of them except for Moby Dick and Frankenstein. As I sit here writing this it strikes me as both funny and odd that I have become possessed with my own fury like Captain Ahab while becoming a terrible made creation of death.

I do promise this to you journal these two things alone. I will die before this is all over so these promises in large part do not apply to my personal safety. I will never fail my commander who has given me the means to kill and gain my vengeance, and if I can I will before I die write all of my happy memories of Anna and my family so they don't vanish. I can imagine that if you are reading this an odd mix of pity mixed with shock is registering at someone talking about their own death so candidly. To that I say this .................. it does not matter for the part of me that gave a damn about other opinions died on that day where I saw a woman that never hurt a fly crandling the broken,burned body of my Anna, I leave you with this quote that has stuck with me since that night of blood and pain.

Every time we get a lecture on the aliens or what we should do when we see them I think of Captain Ahab......to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.......with that I think I am done writing for the night.

End

Such simplicity undermines itself. I see a lot in you that is in me. Such as our desire to kill. While the motivations may be different, the acts are not. I don't feel sorry for you, and you should not feel anything other than joy. Your family is gone, I assume, your emotions muddle your words. If I am correct, feel happy. For there is not greater feeling than the lightness of freedom. You no longer have connections here. You have nothing else to concern yourself but with what YOU want. Freedom. If you believe you will see Anna again, then enjoy yourself so that you may greet her with happiness and not this dull mentality of people's thoughts of you. I agree. It doesn't matter. But make it matter, enjoy the killing, enjoy the adrenaline, enjoy the ... feelings.

Do what you want, don't care about what others think. It does not matter.

svenska

Name:Svenska
Mission Name:N/a
Mission Objective:N/a
Kills This Mission:N/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM:none
Status: Malnourished, Mentally unstable, "Mild" hallucinations, Blackouts
Promotion: None
Journal Entry: I woke up screaming today. I have no idea why. Rosen was gone. I don't know where. They scanned my brain also. They shook their heads in pity. But they let me wander around the base for a while, which was nice.
I didn't talk to anyone, or at least tried to avoid people but i wasn't lucky today. I was walking along and some guy named scruffy ran into me by accident. I heard he had already been on a mission and i was jealous. But i didn't have time to be jealous because after a rough shove to my shoulder and bashing my head into the wall i was out cold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darkness and complete silence. it was my kind of place. i could have stayed in there forever if i hadn't seen what had happened next.

Dark figures approched me. barely able to be seen in the dark environment. there were six of them. A spotlight shined through the... sky? The smallest one stepped into the bright light. It was... It was sam. He looked exactly like he did before he died, long black hair that went down to the middle of his neck, an avenged sevenfold t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and... behind a blood soaked shirt, 5 knife wounds.

At the moment i didn't care, i was just happy to see him. i tried talking but no sounds came out. Here i was mute. He looked me in the eyes and said, "It's your fault, I died protecting you. Because you had a fucking fit and had wander off." i felt devastated. i could tell that was also the exprssion i was wearing on my face. And he looked satisfied with that. he gestured to the other figures, "We're all dead because of you." He backed out of the light and joined the others.

A voice echoed, "Love lost."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my bed, bounded by giant belts. I was drenched in sweat and tears were running down my face. A small crowd was gathered around me.

They said i went crazy, and just ran. that i was hysterical or whatever. Destroyed things. They let me out though, eventually. Everything was fine before everyone i knew started dying.

Why does this have to be so dramatic, What am i in fucking twilight or something?

A person to talk to would be great, but everyone will probably avoid me after that incident.

But with new recruits comes more freaks, so maybe i won't be alone.
I wish i could just be how i was before. But no i gotta deal with paranormal shit. ...Fucking aliens.

End log

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Audio Log, March 7th, 2015,

Ayame - Hey Anna, um...how are you feeling?

Anna - I'm tired, but feeling better. And you?

Ayame - Much better, thanks to you. I...I just want to tell you thanks. I wish I could think of a better word, but I really do appreciate it.

(Silence)

Ayame - Look, I realize this has all been crazy, and I'm sorry for everything I've put you through. I was surprised how kind you were at first, but I suppose that's just my ignorance. After all, I would do this same for you. So again, thank you for the energy.

Anna - Why are you blushing?

Ayame -(Laugh) I, uh I realize that I probably got a little touchy. I know it was awkward enough for you to place you lips on those of another woman when you're not a lesbian. You didn't need me pulling you closer and touching you. I hope I didn't do anything.....indecent. I just want you to know, even if you can never feel for me the way I feel for you, I'll always be here for you, and expect nothing in return. But hey, if you ever, you know, feel like "sharing" again, if I'm in control, I can take just enough essence without knocking you out. If fact, you're actually kinda of strong, and I bet if I was careful, you'd feel no more loss of energy that a small cup of coffee couldn't fix.

Anna - You're blushing again (light laugh).

Ayame - Sorry. And once this war is over, maybe I can help you find a nice man. I've got connections around the world, and I can get you any guys background history, police records, medical history, psych reports you name it.

Anna - I'll have to think about it.

Ayame - Of course.

(Silence)

Ayame - Anyway, ahem, back to business. I realize you've been stuck in this room all day. I'm sure you've heard about the UFO they shot down. The group came back a little while ago. I'm afraid Aribeth was injured. Don't worry, she's okay, thanks to a combination of great body armor and advancements in medical science. I'm just glad Commander Odd had that new, stronger armor commissioned. I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to convince the board to spend the extra money on the soldiers. I even heard she was able to save the day with a well placed grenade, not only taking out one of the freaks, but causing some kind of negative feedback towards another freak it was using its abilities to strengthen, killing it too. I'm going to visit her in the infirmary now, if you'd like to join me. She'll probably brag to no end, but she's earned it. Maybe along the way, we can talk about your abilities, and that unusual painting you're.....wait, how long has this thing been on?

[End transmission]

Scruffy

Name: Sean Scruffson
Current Rank: Squaddie to Corpral
Mission Name: Operation Devil's King
Mission Objective: Investigate the UFO, Eliminate all hostiles
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 5
Promotion: Corpral (Squdsight)
Journal Entry:

I tried to keep a daily schedule. Spend some time with Locorojo for two hours, train for four, rest for one, rinse and repeat. I was turning into a zombie for the past week, and the baby only made me more worried. He never laughed, cried, or even showed the slightest sign of interest any kids toys. The commander eventually came the constructed daycare room that was built and suggested that I give the baby to Dr. Vahlen to care for. As much as I didn't want to, I needed the extra time to train and rest for the next mission.

After twelve hours of sleep, I heared the blare of alarms go off. Turns out we spotted a UFO with one of our satellites. The Commander sent out one of the RAVEN ships and easily took it down. For a strike team, he picked me, Davin, and two rookies, Aribeth Dusk and Huey Krthus. We immediately grabbed our gear and headed off to the crash site in Japan.

We seemed to touch down in a forest area. Most of it was gone because of the crash. Aribeth started scouting ahead, but quickly retreated back telling us that she spotted some sectoids. Davin, Huey and i stood our ground. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot an alien with its head glowing purple. To me, that meant a target and that's exactly where I shot it. We tthen moved up to take cover behind some rocks. As I was reloading, Davin and Huey released hell upon another sectoid and that went down as well.

Carefully moving up to the UFO, we spotted a human sized alien that seemed to materialize out of the air. Aribeh and I took positions on a slope to see the alien while Davin popped a smoke gernade to give us cover. Huey proceeded to blow open his cover for me to take the finishing shot. I spot two other sectoids hiding in the back and one of them catches Aribeth with its plasma bolts. Davin proceeds to heal her with his medkit. We then decide to split up into two teams. One team draws fire, (Aribeth and I) while the other team (Davin and Huey) move around to flank. The two sectoids move up, taking multiple shots. The Commander tells Aribeth to help out the flanking team, and I reassured her I was going to be fine. She disappears inside the spaceship, and I was on my own.

My main focas was to keep my head down. I couldn't even count the amount shots they took at me but I had to be focased on staying alive. Next thing I know, the sectoid had me flanked. It raised its gun at me when all of a sudden, I heard an explosion inside the UFO, and a sectoid corpes flies out of it.I turn to shoot the other one, but it dropped to the ground, dead. Aribeth had saved me.

After the mission, Aribeth was taken to the medbay, with a promotion to a support, which I think is fitting. I will reply to her e-mail she sent me a few months back in a few days.

jamesbrett

Name:Mortimer Lerwick
Current Rank:Fired
*starts recording*
Is this blasted machine on...? Seems so. *clears throat* Well, didnt think I'd be back in the fold so quickly after what happened at the begining of deployment. After throwing a few racial slurs toward the commanding officer of the Glasgow branch of X-COM Training, I was respectfully asked to leave by a rather large police baton. Figured I'd bugger the whole program and try to get back to normal afterwards. Unfortunately, earlier today the Aliens coordinated an invasion on Glasgow. I was forced to flee in one of my fathers model WWII planes.

Still remember how much time he'd spend with his various "collections" while telling me to go play..... *drinks liquor* Anyhow, I'm now a few hundred miles away from the X-COM base in Asia. Had Harold (a butler I've known since I can remember) use the remainders of my funds to smooth out some speed bumps on my way back into the program. First, I've managed to hack into the computers X-COM runs the whole bloody operation on. I fancy myself a computer wiz. Always messed with them whenever my father had his fits. Surprisingly low-tech for such an important agency. You'd think they'd have unlimited resources. Mainly been using this access to learn up on the recruits currently in the program. *pours liquor*

Only one bastard on call before I was gonna get in. Ironic... Im sure I can slip back into the ranks at a nearby training facility. Getting back in shouldnt be a problem. I'm fascinated by the selection of goddamn morons they've enlisted to be honest. A ton of military jar-heads who couldnt tell a processor from a urinal. And all these tragic back stories. "Ohh, I lost my girlfriend." "I'm a member of *insert military organization here*" "I'm so fucking altruistic, I'm doing this purely on a moral basis" It'll be a blessing once I get in. Bring some brains to the operation. Not even the commander seems to know what he's doing. Far too cautious to be dealing with such a large toss as this in my opinion. Gonna try and focus on schmoozing some of the leaders. Odd doesnt seem like the type to break on a bribe, so I'm thinking of targeting Sean. PErhaps this whole business with his son has weakened him some. As much as it pisses me off, I'm gonna have to find someone to get long with if I stand a chance of getting somewhere. Also, I - wait a second...SODDING HELL! THIS IS BROADCASTING? *punches desk* Well, not the best initial impression...

Lerwick out

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk
Mission Name: Operation Devil's King
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills Since Joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: Support - Smoke Grenade

Combat log 01

Log Type: Video

Oh.. god...

Where am I?

Oh. The Infirmary. Should have guessed. After all, the projectile almost burned my Mohawk off.

That mission was a doozy. It started out all right. Plane trip was awful. Thank god it didn't take to long.

So. We landed and I expected to see the little buggers right away. I was... sort of right. I moved up to some turf, and they spotted me. Had to move back to a log and wait there. Two reaction shots later, we were in the clear.

Why is it when defacation hit the oscillation, I'm always around? Anyways I took a shot right to the chest. It might have been a trick of the light, but I SWEAR I saw it go through the cover I was running towards.

Got moved back to Davin for a medkit usage. Man these things are so high-tech. It's like the wound never happened.

Oh god it hurts...

After splitting into two teams, taking and sending fire, we realized I needed to fire as well. I got moved into the craft. I glanced at Sean, who seemed to give me an encouraging look. He was by himself. The only thing I could hear was the continuous shooting at our sniper.

Then, I don't know when, I heard the comms, “Use your grenade Aribeth!”

Can this thing even reach it? I wondered. No time.

I thought of every reason I'm here. I thought of Locorojo, and Sean. Then with all my might I screamed.

CATCH THIS”

Boom. Two bogeys down. God knows how.

When we got back, I manged to stumble out a “Yay” before collapsing in the hangar.

Anyways, I guess this smoke doo-dad is for me. As well as the Banana yellow outfit. Oh well, at least it's a step up from pink.

As always. Aribe-

(Aribeth seems to have fainted from over-exertion, with the camera slumped on her face)

*30 MIN AUTO LOG DEACTIVATION*

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March 7th, 2015--

Heard a mission went on today. No casualties, but there was an injury. Seemed fairly light from what I heard, the lucky lady will only be in the med-bay for a little under a week. Not much else happened today to be honest, aside from the mission. Went down to the range, shot a few targets, ate a bit, normal boring base stuff. Saw some engies heading to the new access lift, asked one what they were doing, said they were going to perform an excavation to get to a steam vent.

I know I promised that I would finish my story, but.....too soon. Still, too damn soon for that. You know, I suppose I should socialize a bit more with some of the other soldiers here. It is almost boring being on a multi-national elite task force defending humanity from the X-Ray threat. Hmph, putting it that way makes it almost feel like we have a chance. But, no, we don’t. We never will. Not unless they drop in for a chat at X-COM HQ and give us all their technology then resume their invasion on a level playing field. Of course, doubt that’ll happen. Well, better sign off for the night.

Foulke, out.

--March 8th, 2015--

Abductions. Another mission, so soon after the last. He’s sending the section to America, over the UK. Hope it is damn worth letting my people get captured. And the Brazilians as well. Can’t forget them. You know, maybe in the future I should write these logs, instead of verbally dictating them. Somebody might over-hear me and jump to the wrong conclusions.

Enough for tonight.

Foulke, out.

Gahlo

Name: Rick Warren
Current Rank: Rook

Journal Entry:
Last in, last out. I've been here a few days and haven't been asked to do much. I've somewhat settled into my quarters. Spacier than I had expected, but that is only due to a lack of a bunkmate so far. I've been keeping myself busy, for the most part. I've volunteered to help with the building, but unfortunately all I'm really qualified to do is haul rubble up the shaft. I've decided to keep my head low for a bit. Some people here have...well, vibrant personalities would be putting it lightly.

I went over the recordings of the most recent Raven sortie again. I've never seen anything that agile before. For all their brains, the sectoids don't appear to be very gifted pilots. I wonder if anybody is out there, suspended, like I was. I think I'll spend some time out in the hangar.

ZombieSlayer85

From the Audio Diary of Jessica Andrews, age 9,
Excerpt #1
March 7th, 2015

I love this new speaking diary. My big brother Joey still uses a pencil and paper. You'd think he would no how to use better tech, techny, um better machines since he's fighting the monsters that took my Mommy, Johnny, and Shawn from me, but...

...now I (sniff, sob) I...

Uh, my new home is okay, and the monsters haven't come here yet. But my new brother Brian slaps me if I say his name wrong, and he keeps saying they will be here soon and they will take me away when they do.

...I-I hate him...

Joey says he will come for me soon, and I believe him. He says that he is getting along with everyone now, which makes me happy because he was having problems at first. He says this guy, uh, T-Tyner, is really smart, and he was able to make friends with that girl, An, uh, Annie. I told him he just needed to tell her she was pretty! He said this strong guy N, uh, Noogie guy knocked him on the ground, and I said he should get an, an appolingy. Joey said they were only practicing. Why do grownups have to hit each other to practice. He says he also likes a girl named Ay, uh, Ayama. I told him he should ask her to be his girlfriend, but he said she wouldn't want to. I asked how he knows if he doesn't ask, and he said she doesn't like boys. When I said I don't really like boys either, his face turned red, and he said it was different, and he'll tell me why when I'm older.

...I hate it when he treats me like a kid...

Oh, Joey said they had another big fight with the monsters, and they even blowed up their ship, but he says they probably have more. He said he was sad because his friend Ari, uh, Arybath, was hurt. He said she would be okay, but he was afraid more of his friends would get hurt.

...what if Joey gets hurt fighting for me...

He said he was going to visit Ar, uh, Arabeth, but he didn't know if he could make her feel better, because he said every time he tries to make a girl happy, they get mad a him. I said he should bring her flowers, because all girls like it when boys bring them flowers, but he said they were underground, so there are no flowers. I told him he should ask A-Annie or Ayamey for something, but he said something about, uh, v-vodka and "not doing that again."

{Boy's voice} Jessie, I'm eating your ice cream!

What. no, don't!

-End-

Cheesypower

Name: The Farmer

Current Rank: n/a

Hitch-hiking is a lot harder than Dad's stories would have me believe. Luckily for me, a trucker named Daryl was willing to give me a ride. He's a great conversationalist and a real cheerful type; why so many people believe the negative stereotypes about truckers is beyond me. ...Well, he does look like the stereotype, but still.
It was nice sitting in a seat that didn't seem a few sizes too small, and it's not often I can sit up straight without banging my head against the ceiling. The conversation started on, of all things, my hat. I honestly don't see why this hat seems to be such a fascinating first subject; it's just a simple, wide-brimmed slouch hat, and it's always the first thing people want to talk about.

///

The Lord must be looking out for me, because Daryl met up with a buddy of his headed for Los Angeles with a cargo of spagettio's, and the guy I need to see is in Los Angeles. A pleasant farewell to Daryl later, and I'm only two days away from catching a ride to Asia.
Truckers like to talk a lot. I don't mind; it helps to pass the time, and you can learn some interesting stuff.

///

The radio just informed us that Los Angeles has become the target of alien abductions. We're only half an hour away from the city outskirts.

This is going to be interesting.

megamanx19

Name:X19
Rank rookie
Mn:n/a
Mo:n/a
Mk:n/a
Tk:n/a
Promotion:hopefuly soon
Journal entry: first day in I stayed behind the other group yesterday I haven't said much the reason I stayed behind is my son his arm had to be amputated basterds shot him in the arm my wife dead or missing I don't know what I do know is I'm gonna take out as many as possible need a soldier on a mission you've got one I plan to enjoy killing them I have fought a ton of those tiny
mutherfucks back in town I was in my house eating dinner and whatching baseball when the fuckers came in I grabbed my 12 gadge and my glock killed as many as I could I got seperated from my wife I ran into town and found a group of survivers thats when a search party found us they told us about X-Com and I was the only one who went to join after 2weeks of this bullshit your sons arm splintered and torn killing aliens left and right and your military days coming back your wife dead when you think about it would make most men insane not me just more reason to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.