X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rooms.
How many are that for? 2 man? 4 man? More?
Toilet and bath for each room? Or one big shared one?

How a the defrend teams spread out in the rooms? Do the pilots share quaters with the soldiers? Or do the pilots use seperate rooms from the footsluggers?

-Emil

Gahlo

The rooms.
How many are that for? 2 man? 4 man? More?
Toilet and bath for each room? Or one big shared one?

How a the defrend teams spread out in the rooms? Do the pilots share quaters with the soldiers? Or do the pilots use seperate rooms from the footsluggers?

-Emil
Last season everybody just defaulted into 2 man. Nothing was ever decided, it just fell into place. Bathrooms never came up, but I assume it'd be a poor use of space to have a bathroom for every two soldiers.

Grelite

Human technology hasn't advanced far enough to develop an AI. The intelligent systems are useful, but free of a human interface, it's not like a VI or AI.

As for rooms, go with whatever the other people have been doing, or make it up yourself.

Dahlexpert

You could do that if you want. Of course, Ayame has military training this time with various PMCs, so she would llikely get angry if you walked up to her and assumed she needed training, but it might make for a humorous exchange.

Ok but before I post the journal entry,are there any weapons Ayame is good with.

Cheesypower

I think the Two-man rooms is probably the best idea, as it creates a scenario where interaction with at least one of the other people is very easy.

So. Who wants to bunk with the giant?

PrismaCube

I will bunk with you, if you want

The flags on our back dont really matter do they? Cause I want my character to be from Germany, and I know there is a mod that can change the flags, but if I want a change everbody else want's one too, aint nobody got time for that. So just asking if its ok if I ignore it, or should I change my charaters bio?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Standard military organizations would likely have everyone in one big room together, but X-COM isn't exactly "standard". I'd assume such an organization would anticipate a need for different sized rooms for the needs of such a diverse array of soldiers. Thus, rooms would vary from two to eight, depending on how well soldiers get along with others (as well as gender, obviously).

Bathrooms and showers would likely be public. This hopefully goes with out saying, but there would obviously be a schedualed time of woman only, so no peaking, anata henshitsu-sha no taba.

The flags on our back dont really matter do they? Cause I want my character to be from Germany, and I know there is a mod that can change the flags, but if I want a change everbody else want's one too, aint nobody got time for that. So just asking if its ok if I ignore it, or should I change my charaters bio?

Yeah, just ignore 'em. Odd's got enough to worry about without having to micromanage. I'm not even going to reference them.

Ok but before I post the journal entry,are there any weapons Ayame is good with.

Ayame's size limits her efficiency with heavy weapons with large recoils, but she has compensates for this by being especially proficient in smaller weapons. As such, she hasn't had much use for shotguns and large assault rifles, but is great with smaller rifles, SMGs, and handguns. She's a master sniper, and is one of the deadliest soldiers you can find with an AM rifle. She's also a black belt in five different martial arts styles and is trained with swords and staffs, but I doubt that'll come into play on the battlefield.

Jhon Markith

I might as well say that most military outfits do not have scheduled times for women, its all together. Like you said though, x-com is not standard, so really, its up to commander odd, or grelite

Grelite

Standard military organizations would likely have everyone in one big room together, but X-COM isn't exactly "standard". I'd assume such an organization would anticipate a need for different sized rooms for the needs of such a diverse array of soldiers. Thus, rooms would vary from two to eight, depending on how well soldiers get along with others (as well as gender, obviously).

Bathrooms and showers would likely be public. This hopefully goes with out saying, but there would obviously be a schedualed time of woman only, so no peaking, anata henshitsu-sha no taba.

Well put, ZombieSplitter. Though the bathrooms and showers could just as well be co-ed. Then it'd be up to the soldiers whether they feel shame or tension, how they would time their hygienic situations.

When I served our Baracks where 4 man, with thouse 4 man sharing on toilet/bathroom with one shower. We each had a closset to put our personal belongings, and two desk for sharing.
The beds where two bunkbeds. (I think thats the english words, you know, beds stack on top of eachother)

Women shared rooms.

Thats from real life experience.

Then again, I also have friends where thier rooms where for 8 man high. 4 man is the lowest I have heard.

But as said, x-com is special, so the "standard" 2 man rooms here do not sound that far off.

PrismaCube

I just love how we go into the smallest detail, I have to be honest here, I dont think there is anything wrong with it, but then again you do have to respect the privacy of others and some dont want that, so there should be a shower for all, but a private shower for those who want it.

and I dont really think we will be writting text long journals about being in the shower, or are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.