OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

Frostlich1228

Also...

In commemoration of Dio Brando voicing Twisted Fate in the new Japanese version of League of Legends...
KlICAtR.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Testing something related to how tables carry over on Gamigon. Just a sample perk tree otherwise.

Edit: Yikes that doesn't work at all.

DarkGemini24601

And now the six class skill trees are posted in the info thread, along with an explanation of the Personal Combat Sims (PCS) that are modified from their stat-boosting use in the game to explain how our soldiers can perform superhuman feats like shooting a bunch of people in rapid succession or dodging bullets Neo-Style.

DarkGemini24601

Following tradition for our RPs, you get all the skills, not just one from each level. And the idea here is that we gain skills over time, instead of through ranks. That way if someone can't go on as many missions as another person, they don't have to: both get the same skills at the same pace.

Attachments

• 7nNOX7R.jpg
    7nNOX7R.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 355

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
So being the funny guy I am, took the songs Age of Oppression and Age of Aggression from Skyrim and fitted them up for X2.

Age of Oppression
We drink to our youth, for the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done.
We'll drive out the Advent from this land that we own.
With our blood and our guns we will take back our home.

Raise cheer for Atka! Our fearless leader!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Earth, and we fight all our lives.
And when the heavens beckons, everyone of us dies!
But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean.
Of the scourge that has sullied our hopes and our dreams!

Raise cheer for Atka! Our fearless leader!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Terra, and we fight all our lives.
And when the heavens beckons, everyone of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done.

Age of Aggression
We drink to our troops, for the days here and now.
For the age of aggression is just about done.
We will hunt down XCOM and restore what we claimed.
With our goo and our guns we'll take back our prize.

Down with XCOM! The thorn in our side!
On the day of your death we will drink and we'll sing.
We're slaves to the Elders, and we fight all our lives.
And when Vekente beckons, everyone of us dies!
But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean.
Of the scourge that has sullied our plans and our teams!

Down with XCOM! The thorns in our side!
On the day of your death we will drink and we'll sing.
We're slaves to the Elders, and we fight all our lives.
And when Vekente beckons, everyone of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.
For the age of aggression is just about done.

Taxor_the_First

I'm curious. Has anyone here ever noticed that my profile picture, which I've had basically since this site became Gamigon, doesn't fit it's borders? It's what I get for lazy MS Paint copy-pasting I guess.

PrismaCube

I'm curious. Has anyone here ever noticed that my profile picture, which I've had basically since this site became Gamigon, doesn't fit it's borders? It's what I get for lazy MS Paint copy-pasting I guess.

Can not be unseen, seriously fix that O.O
Or do you wish to taunt me every time I come to swing by.

That aside, XCOM 2 is taunting me as well. Can't I at least have the character designer until the game is released :p
I do however love that you can choose for them to be an enemy. (I will create the Exalt Family and make them all have something to do with ADVENT!)

What do you people plan to do? Any specific character you always put into one of your XCOM games? Someone who stood out from the rest?

I for once have a soldier who did survived an Impossible Iron Man play through while he was alone on a mission once. What a hero he was. :D

DarkGemini24601

Can not be unseen, seriously fix that O.O
Or do you wish to taunt me every time I come to swing by.

That aside, XCOM 2 is taunting me as well. Can't I at least have the character designer until the game is released :p
I do however love that you can choose for them to be an enemy. (I will create the Exalt Family and make them all have something to do with ADVENT!)

What do you people plan to do? Any specific character you always put into one of your XCOM games? Someone who stood out from the rest?

I for once have a soldier who did survived an Impossible Iron Man play through while he was alone on a mission once. What a hero he was. :D
If you want to discuss XCOM2 please do so in the XCOM2 Official Discussion thread. This thread is for people participating in XCOM2: Liberation of Earth to discuss the story and talk amongst themselves.

DarkGemini24601

As Pixy has beought to our attention, yes, in ADVENT cities you don't eat real meat. You have reclaimed protein, which is mostly synthized and in hard times is Soylent Orange and Soylent Green.

(solent orange is original sectoids?!)