Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (2)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)
Shadow Operative (3)
MEC Trooper (2)
Debating between Paratrooper and Infantry. Looks like we need infantry but paratrooper sounds so much cooler lol. Both fit my character plans equally (paratrooper maybe slightly better). HALP

DarkGemini24601

Debating between Paratrooper and Infantry. Looks like we need infantry but paratrooper sounds so much cooler lol. Both fit my character plans equally (paratrooper maybe slightly better). HALP
Suppose it depends on how badly Marine wants a paratrooper. *Squints* Hermes has to be one since.. built-in flight capabilities.

DarkGemini24601

Yup. The Ethereal war ended in January of 2019, and since then 26 years have passed. A key thing to remember is that after 2022, for all intents and purposes all your characters would have gotten access to the Aeternam Solution. What does it do? As the timeline states, it halves the aging process, so beyond age 18 (from 2022 on) you only age a physical year every two years. Humanatis regnat!

Euan

So say we're counting how old someone is. They're born in 2019. In 2037 they're 18. So are they 19 in 2037? Or do people count every other birthday?

This sounded so much more sensible in my head...

DarkGemini24601

To give an example, say someone is born in 2001. They're 18 in 2019, but the serum is invented three years later. So they look 21 in 2022, then start taking the Aeternam Solution. That means that while they're 23 in 2024, they look 22 then, and so on.

DarkGemini24601

Essentially, after 2022 people over the age of 18 only will age 11 years by 2044. Up until 2022 they age normally, regardless of how old they are.

Euan

You lost me in the first one XD So in xsdf data logs (I need an example ok), would it say "Born 2001. Age: 29."? Or "Born 2001. Age: 43"?

DarkGemini24601

Okay, we're overthinking this. I don't get why this is such a hard concept to wrap one's head around.

Your actual age is always going to be the same regardless of the serum. If I'm born in 2000, I'm going to be 44 by 2044. But physically, I'll look 22 (years before the serum) plus 22/2 (11). So actual age is 44, but I'll look 33.

Euan

It's me overthinking this, not you. And I'm only doing so because if it's so commonplace it's kinda awkward when the average mortality age is like 160. Hitting 100 is no big deal, and you have your midlife crisis when you're 80. It's so sudden it makes sense to half the age... in my head. I get how this'll work now XD

Euan

Ok is it plausible for someone who has lived in the middle of nowhere to have not taken the serum (was taking it voluntary?)

Adrammalech

Sorry, I didn't see we were talking about the solution, thought we were just talking about counting ages (which is far more difficult for me than it should be).