X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Adrammalech

They would basically have to be completely cut off from society, like mountain men or tribal in some way. It was widely available for a couple decades and cheap enough for everyone to afford eventually (if priced at all, Gem didn't tell me but I imagine Elene wanted to make back cost at least).

DarkGemini24601

Ok is it plausible for someone who has lived in the middle of nowhere to have not taken the serum (was taking it voluntary?)
It's voluntary, so if you really wanted to your character doesn't... have to be on it, but they'd have access to it upon joining XCOM unless they had some good reason to not want to take it.

DarkGemini24601

They would basically have to be completely cut off from society, like mountain men or tribal in some way. It was widely available for a couple decades and cheap enough for everyone to afford eventually (if priced at all, Gem didn't tell me but I imagine Elene wanted to make back cost at least).
And cheap.
Sure, but say someone goes "God made me this way I aint changin' that"?
I'm religious, but I'm not opposed to lengthening my lifespan a little. xD You'd need someone a bit crazy, possibly.

DarkGemini24601

1349485936145_2239134.png

Frostlich1228

And you know what confuses me? The (US?) government randomly deciding to make a brother kill a brother because one of them had anarchist political views. Tots realistic, guys.

First of all. French government. Because I've established that.

And they wanted Dorian to kill his brother because he was protesting their actions, they used the Anarchist excuse to get Dorian to kill his brother's group because telling him that they want him to kill a group of peaceful protesters let by his brother probably would've caused a few complications.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
There we go, I can say without a doubt that this is the perfect ender to Desmond and Elizabeth's storyline. I hope you like all the content I (and both Zombie) worked so hard to put out. I tried to tie as many loose ends as possible but obviously, I can only try. Anyways, without further ado, The Lives That We Lead ladies, gentlemen and species of unspecified genders!

Adrammalech

First of all. French government. Because I've established that.

And they wanted Dorian to kill his brother because he was protesting their actions, they used the Anarchist excuse to get Dorian to kill his brother's group because telling him that they want him to kill a group of peaceful protesters let by his brother probably would've caused a few complications.

I liked it. Grim subjects but well executed.

Adrammalech

There we go, I can say without a doubt that this is the perfect ender to Desmond and Elizabeth's storyline. I hope you like all the content I (and both Zombie) worked so hard to put out. I tried to tie as many loose ends as possible but obviously, I can only try. Anyways, without further ado, The Lives That We Lead ladies, gentlemen and species of unspecified genders!

Happy ending :) Very sweet, and I appreciate all the references.

Gotta be honest, I was still a little scared for Desmond until the end...

Zain Shah

A note about classes:

Scout (0) 0.5 maybe
Sniper (1) 1.5 maybe
Assault (2)
Infantry (0) 1 maybe
Engineer (1)
Support (1)
Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (1)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)
Shadow Operative (3)
MEC Trooper (2)

So far the class that has had the most submissions is the Shadow Operatives with three different characters. I want to clarify something. If you guys read the class abilities, they're very self-defense oriented without a lot of combat perks. They'll likely be our soldiers sent to do objectives like 'disable this forcefield generator' or 'attack from behind to create a diversion' and other super-spy stuff. Don't expect to mow down a lot of enemies. And as they are the only class besides the sniper that can wield full-blown sniper rifles, I'd like to avoid having a total of 4-5 characters using sniper rifles.

I wont' tell anyone they need to change classes yet, but unless you have an against-the-grain plan for your shadow operative (at least one of you), there's likely going to be too much combat similarity between those three for playing a SO to be as enjoyable as it could be. Just something to think about for now. ;)
My character is going to be a shadow operative but he'll probably only use a handgun along with an alloy sword. The class fits his character but I could maybe change it.