XCOM Multiplayer Tournament

S

Sarge-Pepper

So here's a Wrap up of the rules, inso far as has been discussed on the thread:

1) 20,000 Pt squad builds, according to the results of the survey.
2) Each Player can make three squad lists, with an option to change 1-2 after facing each opponent once.
3) 90 second turn times.
4) Best 2 matches out of three.
5) First map is selected by Judge, any sequential map is chosen by the loser of the last match.
6) Both Players can reselect their squad list after a match and before the next one.
4) No Psionics and No Mimetic Skin (Sectoid Commanders are the Exception)
6) Screenshot of your final win screen, or it didn't happen.
7) Turn your mics off, unless you want to talk.

Sound about right as a wrap up?

Meaningofbread

So here's a Wrap up of the rules, inso far as has been discussed on the thread:

1) 20,000 Pt squad builds, according to the results of the survey.
2) Each Player can make three squad lists, with an option to change 1-2 after facing each opponent once.
3) 90 second turn times.
5) First map is selected by Judge, any sequential map is chosen by the loser of the last match.
6) Both Players can reselect their squad list after a match and before the next one.
4) No Psyonics and No Mnenetic Skin (Sectoid Commanders are the Exception)
7) Turn you Mic's off, unless you want to talk.

Sound about right as a wrap up?

1. 20k. Perfect!
  2. Three squads, feel free to switch at any time.
  3. 90 seconds.
  4. Best two of three is good, makes up for the glitchiness that XCOM gets up to sometimes.
  5. Either a judge selects or we go with a standard. I suggest Bar.
  6. Re selects available after every map.
  7. Sectoid commanders are a no-no. Regular sectoids are fine. Also, no Mimetic skin.
  8. Yes, mics off, unless you want to chat!

Finally the last one. I suggest a feature that says that you and your partner can vote to re-play a match if you think it bugged somewhere, and it affected the outcome. If both players vote "yes" you can restart without any penalties. I have been playing a lot of multiplayer now, and I just realized how buggy it is.

BMPixy

1. 20k. Perfect!
  2. Three squads, feel free to switch at any time.
  3. 90 seconds.
  4. Best two of three is good, makes up for the glitchiness that XCOM gets up to sometimes.
  5. Either a judge selects or we go with a standard. I suggest Bar.
  6. Re selects available after every map.
  7. Sectoid commanders are a no-no. Regular sectoids are fine. Also, no Mimetic skin.
  8. Yes, mics off, unless you want to chat!
Finally the last one. I suggest a feature that says that you and your partner can vote to re-play a match if you think it bugged somewhere, and it affected the outcome. If both players vote "yes" you can restart without any penalties. I have been playing a lot of multiplayer now, and I just realized how buggy it is.

Those rules sound good, though a map other than Bar would be preferred, as I usually find on that map whoever spawns in back of the bar has an advantage. Maybe X-COM HQ?

Meaningofbread

Those rules sound good, though a map other than Bar would be preferred, as I usually find on that map whoever spawns in back of the bar has an advantage. Maybe X-COM HQ?

Some people might not have Enemy Within. As much as I would want to play at the HQ, we need as many people as possible here. C:

Edit: Who does not have enemy within? We might be able to pull it off if everyone has it.

Taxor_the_First

I too would prefer something other than Bar, purely because I have played it at least 95% of the time of Multiplayer. The remaining 5% goes to the Graveyard map.
I do have Enemy Within, all g on that front.

S

Sarge-Pepper

I also have within.

As a bonus though, Mr. Odd has agreed to be the prize for this contest, saying that he'd play whoever won.

Meaningofbread

I have an announcement to make!

*Fanfare*

Do you have XCOM? Do you have XCOM on your PC? Do you have XCOM on your PC on STEAM???

Well if you do, join the unofficial Gray Lines Gaming XCOM tournament steam group! From here we can put each other in our friends lists, and hopefully be able to set up private matches easier.

We can also use the group chat room to communicate easier. The link can be found HERE.

On a side note, I also own Enemy Within!

Edit: After some digging, everyone signed up so far has Enemy Within!

Last edited:

Meaningofbread

Locked rules:

1) 20,000 Pt squad builds. No more.

3) Each turn will be 90 seconds.

4) No Psionics and no mimetic skin.(Sectoids are except)

7) Turn your mics off, unless you want to talk.

Once everyone has joined the Steam Group, I will list a locked group of players. Then I will post the Round Robin brackets.
After everyone is cool with what I have put up. I will set a date to begin matches. Once you have finished yer match, send me the screenshot(s) and the victor will be marked.

Also, in other news, we now have a new reward for being the winner! If you win, you will face off against ChristopherOdd as THE FINAL MATCH! Details are a bit thin now, but the fine points will be arranged when we get there.

Last edited:
S

Sarge-Pepper

TALLY HO, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND ALL THAT.

Meaningofbread

Locked Competitors:

1. Taxor_the_first
  2. BMPixy
  3. Suryce
  4. Wolfb
  5. Taugaunt
  6. Thenlar
  7. Wisekill1
  8. Meaningofbread
  9. Sarge-Pepper

On Friday January 17, 4 PM (EST), I will post the tournament list. From there you can issue challenges to one another. This may last all evening or all weekend. Who knows!

Get ready for XCOM ladies and gents!

Last edited:
S

Sarge-Pepper

I'll be free after 9pm eastern that night, I gotta put my kid to bed.

wolfb

Locked Competitors:

1. Taxor_the_first
  2. BMPixy
  3. Suryce
  4. Wolfb
  5. Taugaunt
  6. Thenlar
  7. Wisekill1
  8. Meaningofbread
  9. Sarge-Pepper

On Friday January 17, 4 PM (EST), I will post the tournament list. From there you can issue challenges to one another. This may last all evening or all weekend. Who knows!

Get ready for XCOM ladies and gents!
Well, 4 PM Est is 10 PM for me, and then I'll most likely have 1 hour or 30 minutes time.

I think It'll have to be the weekend for me, for games.

Thenlar

We ought to assign opponents and then let players work out their own schedule. Though with 9, we might want to do 3man round robin setups.