XCOM Multiplayer Tournament

BMPixy

Hey, just FYI, but I'll be gone from Friday until Monday afternoon, so if anybody wants to play, just hit me up now or then, I'll be online until about midnight EST.

Taugaunt

So I am on most evenings from 8pm EST to 11pm if anyone wants to paly there match with me.

Just message me.

Last edited:

Meaningofbread

Meaningofbread Vs BMPixy - Results!

Match One:

How to Luck Out - Assaults

After some terrible game play on my part, I managed to barely scrape a victory by 2 hitting a cyber-disk and luring a mechtoid to a corner of the map. Did I mention that I had 1 HP? Lucky hit and lucky hit i don't think i deserved this win.

Match Two:

No One Liked that Statue Anyways

A quick reset later and we found ourselves on Boulevard. Seeing as I had lost every other match there, this one was no different. After some almost clutch skills by Nick Cage, the ever effervescent heavy, I was defeated by a horde of foes I had yet to kill. Bad luck me.

Match 3:

Dancing Russian Man

After a brief interruption, smack-talk ensued. Soon high explosives hit the air, and the two MECs were no more. Thank god for rockets. More shots from my Russian sniper (100% hit after 100% hit) pretty much won the game for me. After revealing that a small glitched drone lurked in the corner, it popped up and promptly exploded. Hurray hurrah, I win my first game!

Score:
Meaningofbread: 2
BMPixy - 1

Edit: Forgot the images /facepalm

http://imgur.com/a/vyd2z

BMPixy

Meaningofbread Vs BMPixy - Results!

Match One:

How to Luck Out - Assaults

After some terrible game play on my part, I managed to barely scrape a victory by 2 hitting a cyber-disk and luring a mechtoid to a corner of the map. Did I mention that I had 1 HP? Lucky hit and lucky hit i don't think i deserved this win.

Since you don't think you deserve this win, I'll gladly take it off your hands. Jk, but I must have spent all my luck earlier that game with the three crits in a row.

Match Two:

No One Liked that Statue Anyways

A quick reset later and we found ourselves on Boulevard. Seeing as I had lost every other match there, this one was no different. After some almost clutch skills by Nick Cage, the ever effervescent heavy, I was defeated by a horde of foes I had yet to kill. Bad luck me.

Psst, if you want to win play this map. You didn't hear me say anything.

Match 3:

Dancing Russian Man

After a brief interruption, smack-talk ensued. Soon high explosives hit the air, and the two MECs were no more. Thank god for rockets. More shots from my Russian sniper (100% hit after 100% hit) pretty much won the game for me. After revealing that a small glitched drone lurked in the corner, it popped up and promptly exploded. Hurray hurrah, I win my first game!

Score:
Meaningofbread: 2
BMPixy - 1

Edit: Forgot the images /facepalm

http://imgur.com/a/vyd2z

Together in death, MEC FORCE ONE and OrdosXenosDreadnought. RIP in peace. Q_Q

Taxor_the_First

I have returned! Mwuhahahahahaha!!!
In all seriousness though, I am ready and waiting. Times remain the same, hit me up if you feel like an easy win. Uh - challenge, I meant.
I anxiously await challengers fresh from Victory Road. Make sure to stop off at the PC before entering the League though, or you'll have a bad time.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Wisekill Vs Sarge, the Saga.

Round 1:
Why is the rum always gone? (Bar)
The Wise men and sarge's Heros faced off after a round of drinks ended up being spilled on Wise's guys who did not take kindly to the spilled drinks. The started a fight that involved Sarge's Heavy Hitters squad, and after an early kill on Wise's heavy, set the tone for the rest of the fight. Several Casualties ensued, including most of the bar, it's drinks, the delivery truck for the booze, and the jukebox. RIP tunesy. After a fist fight between two mecs, Sarge's Heros rules the day.

Sarge 1 - Wise 0

Round 2:
Last Stop: Painsville (Blvd)
Sarge's Heros decided to take the bus home after this fight, but were intercepted by The Wise Men, wanting revenge for the bar. Many mistakes ensued, followed by a summary execution of the bus and all it's inhabitants.

Sarge 1 - Wise 1

Round 3:
What's that? In the Sky? Oh, it's Plasma! (Back Alley)
Sarge's Heros couldn't let atrocity go unanswered, so they performed their own on the unsuspecting Wise Men, who were merely shopping for a new TV and getting their laundry done. Floaters took to the sky in force, bombed the crap out of their sniper with prejustice, and promptly filled the back alley with death and destruction from the rooftops. No survivors. The remaining floater floated away with sunglasses in a pan shot of the burning alley behind him, not looking back.

Sarge 2 - Wise 1.

SARGE WINS.

http://imgur.com/a/MAgWi <- PROOF BITCHES.

Honestly though, it was a fun match up. Thanks for the game Wise!

Wisekill1

Wisekill Vs Sarge, the Saga.

Round 1:
Why is the rum always gone? (Bar)
The Wise men and sarge's Heros faced off after a round of drinks ended up being spilled on Wise's guys who did not take kindly to the spilled drinks. The started a fight that involved Sarge's Heavy Hitters squad, and after an early kill on Wise's heavy, set the tone for the rest of the fight. Several Casualties ensued, including most of the bar, it's drinks, the delivery truck for the booze, and the jukebox. RIP tunesy. After a fist fight between two mecs, Sarge's Heros rules the day.

Sarge 1 - Wise 0

Round 2:
Last Stop: Painsville (Blvd)
Sarge's Heros decided to take the bus home after this fight, but were intercepted by The Wise Men, wanting revenge for the bar. Many mistakes ensued, followed by a summary execution of the bus and all it's inhabitants.

Sarge 1 - Wise 1

Round 3:
What's that? In the Sky? Oh, it's Plasma! (Back Alley)
Sarge's Heros couldn't let atrocity go unanswered, so they performed their own on the unsuspecting Wise Men, who were merely shopping for a new TV and getting their laundry done. Floaters took to the sky in force, bombed the crap out of their sniper with prejustice, and promptly filled the back alley with death and destruction from the rooftops. No survivors. The remaining floater floated away with sunglasses in a pan shot of the burning alley behind him, not looking back.

Sarge 2 - Wise 1.

SARGE WINS.

http://imgur.com/a/MAgWi <- PROOF BITCHES.

Honestly though, it was a fun match up. Thanks for the game Wise!

I agree, it was was an enjoyable game!

Thenlar

Thenlar vs. wolfb.

Match 1: Whose pet alien is best!?

Thenlar's troopers were out on the town, and happened into another squad of XCom's finest. Turns out, these human troopers had both taken on aliens as pets(!?). An argument broke out over whose was best. Wolfb had just a singular little sectoid, carting their drinks around and pinching waitresses' butts. Thenlar's squad on the other hand... well, it was more like a family. A human couple, one male, one female, both snipers, and their zoo consisting of two of the snake-like Thin Men, and a pair of chryssalids! Accusing them of being alien lovers, wolfb's men (and one mech!) started a rather deadly brawl!

Thenlar's humans wisely sent their pets into battle first, to learn more about their enemy. They died. All of them. Without killing a single enemy. Of note, one Thin Man was literally punched off the roof of the bar.

However, the MEC was exposed, and a long distance sniper shot from the woman (codenamed Lancer) took his head clean off. Somehow, his mechanical internals kept him alive, but he was left to bleed out by his comrades.

Conceding the rooftop to Thenlar's man (codenamed Grip), wolfb took to the inside of the bar, trying to find out where Lancer was hiding. A battlescanner revealed one, and he was promptly plasma blasted, though not fatally. Their pet sectoid scampered out and drew sniper fire from both remaining humans, dying horrifically.

Lunging around the bar, an assaulter located Lancer! ... The sniper was flying. She hunkered behind a car and waited for reinforcements. Sadly, Grip took a position on the roof and shot down with his plasma pistol. Stuck between enemies, the assaulter tried to run, but was gunned down by Lancer.

The remaining troops of wiseb's squad bunkered into the bar, and their sniper took a shot out the door, blasting Lancer in the stomach, but her armor saved her life. Grip jumped down off the roof to the back, his genetically modded legs absorbing the landing. Radioing into Lancer, she annihilated the opposing sniper, and he shot one in the back with his pistol. Trapped between the couple, the last two soldiers of wolfb's squad made a desperate attempt to shoot Grip to death, but he survived, and the last two were unceremoniously sniped to death.

Winner: Thenlar
Match Stats: 1-0 (Thenlar)

Match 2: Call the cops on those traitors to humanity!

wolfb decided to get the authorities involved. Clearly Thenlar was a traitor to humanity and needed to be reported! Proving yet again his alien loyalties, he had the station bombed!

Wolfb's squad, including some EXALT turncoats and another MEC trooper, skirted around the outside of the station, wary of being trapped inside. They clustered close together, enjoying protection from the MEC's shielding arrays, as well as staying close to their EXALT medic.

Thenlar, on the other hand, sent his alien allies to do his bidding. A heavy floater and a chrysalid popped into the building, to see who they could find. Spotting the enemy through a hole in the wall, the floater lobbed a grenade into their midst. They scattered slightly as the bug ran forward. A rocketeer blasted a hole in the wall, then the chrysalid was unceremoniously dispatched. The floater's cover was destroyed and it was shot at, but weaved in patterns, dodging fire.

At this point, Thenlar's cyberdiscs made their appearance! They flung grenades with abandon into wiseb's squad, killing three. With a desperate display of gunfire, the trapped squad killed another bug that was attempting to flank them, and shot one disc in its guts, damaging it heavily.

The floater shot a man to death, and the MEC trooper tried to escape, flinging a grenade into the air at the discs... it didn't explode, and fell to the earth. Then it bounced into the air, even HIGHER, and detonated! However, the discs were not destroyed. The MEC and one last EXALT turncoat were blasted to pieces.

Match Stats: 2-0 (Thenlar)

Match 3: Okay okay, we're leaving, stop following us!

Wolfb's remaining troops in the area decided to vacate, but ruthlessly, Thenlar tracked them to a gas station as they refueled, and another firefight ensued.

Flush with their recent victories, Thenlar's troops spread out and rushed forward. Clearly this was stupid, as a sniper ran straight into the enemy sights and was shot into a smoking husk. Looks like wolfb likes the aliens secretly as well, as two cyberdiscs floated into view and blasted Thenlar's EXALT heavy and pet sectoid into goo. A lighter armed floater tried to drop behind wolfb's troops, but a hovering drone shot it in the skull.

Desperate, Thenlar's secret weapon, a muton berserker lunged out of the convenience store!!! The cyberdiscs and a human trooper promptly blasted it repeatedly until its hulking body hit the ground.

Finally, all alone, the assaultman leading the doomed squad stepped out, blasting a cyberdisc to shreds with his alloy cannon. Absorbing dozens of blows, he sprinted out from the store, killing the other human at point blank range. Wolfb's sniper stepped to a better position, chewing away his armor with his laser pistol, before a cyberdisc finally managed to finish the job, and the pursuit was over.

Winner: wolfb
Match Stats: 2-1 (Thenlar wins)

Ending images: http://imgur.com/a/cAiII

Last edited:

Meaningofbread

Thenlar vs. wolfb.

Match 1: Whose pet alien is best!?

Thenlar's troopers were out on the town, and happened into another squad of XCom's finest. Turns out, these human troopers had both taken on aliens as pets(!?). An argument broke out over whose was best. Wolfb had just a singular little sectoid, carting their drinks around and pinching waitresses' butts. Thenlar's squad on the other hand... well, it was more like a family. A human couple, one male, one female, both snipers, and their zoo consisting of two of the snake-like Thin Men, and a pair of chryssalids! Accusing them of being alien lovers, wolfb's men (and one mech!) started a rather deadly brawl!

Thenlar's humans wisely sent their pets into battle first, to learn more about their enemy. They died. All of them. Without killing a single enemy. Of note, one Thin Man was literally punched off the roof of the bar.

However, the MEC was exposed, and a long distance sniper shot from the woman (codenamed Lancer) took his head clean off. Somehow, his mechanical internals kept him alive, but he was left to bleed out by his comrades.

Conceding the rooftop to Thenlar's man (codenamed Grip), wolfb took to the inside of the bar, trying to find out where Lancer was hiding. A battlescanner revealed one, and he was promptly plasma blasted, though not fatally. Their pet sectoid scampered out and drew sniper fire from both remaining humans, dying horrifically.

Lunging around the bar, an assaulter located Lancer! ... She was flying. He hunkered behind a car and waited for reinforcements. Sadly, Grip took a position on the roof and shot down with his plasma pistol. Stuck between enemies, the assaulter tried to run, but was gunned down by Lancer.

The remaining troops of wiseb's squad bunkered into the bar, and their sniper took a shot out the door, blasting Lancer in the stomach, but her armor saved her life. Grip jumped down off the roof to the back, his genetically modded legs absorbing the landing. Radioing into Lancer, she annihilated the opposing sniper, and he shot one in the back with his pistol. Trapped between the couple, the last two soldiers of wolfb's squad made a desperate attempt to shoot Grip to death, but he survived, and the last two were unceremoniously sniped to death.

Match Stats: 1-0 (Thenlar)

Match 2: Call the cops on those traitors to humanity!

wolfb decided to get the authorities involved. Clearly Thenlar was a traitor to humanity and needed to be reported! Proving yet again his alien loyalties, he had the station bombed!

Wolfb's squad, including some EXALT turncoats and another MEC trooper, skirted around the outside of the station, wary of being trapped inside. They clustered close together, enjoying protection from the MEC's shielding arrays, as well as staying close to their EXALT medic.

Thenlar, on the other hand, sent his alien allies to do his bidding. A heavy floater and a chrysalid popped into the building, to see who they could find. Spotting the enemy through a hole in the wall, the floater lobbed a grenade into their midst. They scattered slightly as the bug ran forward. A rocketeer blasted a hole in the wall, then the chrysalid was unceremoniously dispatched. The floater's cover was destroyed and it was shot up.

At this point, Thenlar's cyberdiscs made their appearance! They flung grenades with abandon into wiseb's squad, killing three. With a desperate display of gunfire, the trapped squad killed another bug that was attempting to flank them, and shot one disc in its guts, damaging it heavily.

The floater shot a man to death, and the MEC trooper tried to escape, flinging a grenade into the air at the discs... it didn't explode, and fell to the earth. Then it bounced into the air, even HIGHER, and detonated! However, the discs were not destroyed. The MEC and one last EXALT turncoat were blasted to pieces.

Match Stats: 2-0 (Thenlar)

Match 3: Okay okay, we're leaving, stop following us!

Wolfb's remaining troops in the area decided to vacate, but ruthlessly, Thenlar tracked them to a gas station as they refueled, and another firefight ensued.

Flush with their recent victories, Thenlar's troops spread out and rushed forward. Clearly this was stupid, as a sniper ran straight into the enemy sights and was shot into a smoking husk. Looks like wolfb likes the aliens secretly as well, as two cyberdiscs floated into view and blasted Thenlar's EXALT heavy and pet sectoid into goo. A lighter armed floater tried to drop behind wolfb's troops, but a hovering drone shot it in the skull.

Desperate, Thenlar's secret weapon, a muton berserker lunged out of the convenience store!!! The cyberdiscs and a human trooper promptly blasted it repeatedly until its hulking body hit the ground.

Finally, all alone, the assaultman leading the doomed squad stepped out, blasting a cyberdisc to shreds with his alloy cannon. Absorbing dozens of blows, he sprinted out from the store, killing the other human at point blank range. Wolfb's sniper stepped to a better position, chewing away his armor with her laser pistol, before a cyberdisc finally managed to finish the job, and the pursuit was over.

Winner: wolfb
Match Stats: 2-1 (Thenlar wins)

Ending images: http://imgur.com/a/cAiII

Since this is a best of three match, do you mind if I record this as 2-0?

Taxor_the_First

General PSA: If I'm "Looking to Play" or playing a game on Steam, then it means I am available to do a match.
I WANT TO FIGHT SOMEONE. WHAT ARE YOU ALL, PACIFISTS?!

Taugaunt

Ok match vs Taxor another 2-1 win for Taugaunt

First match was closer then most of my first matches are but I managed to pull off a win even if Pteranodon and Tapejara didn't want to kill there enemy floater counter part.

Second match as most of mine seem to go. I got really unlucky and lost one of my prehistoric warriors early. Not sure if it was the new team I was using or just a second match jinx. Also Taxor learned that flash bangs do not work on mecs.

Then the second match went much better for me due to Pteranodon's amazing dodging skills and Sordes deadly aim.

So here is the pics as evidence: http://imgur.com/a/g16VX

Meaningofbread

Ok match vs Taxor another 2-1 win for Taugaunt

First match was closer then most of my first matches are but I managed to pull off a win even if Pteranodon and Tapejara didn't want to kill there enemy floater counter part.

Second match as most of mine seem to go. I got really unlucky and lost one of my prehistoric warriors early. Not sure if it was the new team I was using or just a second match jinx. Also Taxor learned that flash bangs do not work on mecs.

Then the second match went much better for me due to Pteranodon's amazing dodging skills and Sordes deadly aim.

So here is the pics as evidence: http://imgur.com/a/g16VX

Wow, you are wrecking! The scores have been updated.

Taxor_the_First

I would love to, but I seem to have re-developed a crippling addiction to Skyrim. Send help.
Nothing can be done, I'm afraid.

Match with Taugaunt complete! Results: 2-1. Taugaunt wins!

Match 1: I know exactly what I'm doing.

Report has been filed to Exalt Command. Next time recommend sending own units out with mercs. There was a firefight at the local bar between a group of dinosaurs (or at least we assume so from the names they were calling each other) and the group assigned to protect and train Anderson's daughter. She did not demonstrate the skill we were hoping for, only landing one shot with a pistol and only one shot with her new Laser Sniper Rifle. She must be credited with eliminating the enemy sniper, but when threatened she could only shoot with the pistol. By then, it was far too late to be of any help.
The unit marked as - Legion was the first to fall, and, despite the promising use of the MEC units by X-COM in operations against us, served only as cannon fodder. The Seeker codenamed Metroid Prime oversaw the battle, including a Muton Elite sneaking up on Penny. This forewarning was the only thing that brought Anderson any glory at all, landing only a 1 damage reaction shot as the Muton rounded the car to blast her in the face. She expired soon after.
Although Meta Ridley and Samus, working together for once, managed to flank the enemy on the roof and cause somewhat of a panic as they were forced to reorganize themselves, they too were ultimately ineffective. Aran managed to kill a Thin Man before the enemy noticed anything, but the two Heavy Floaters on the roof regrouped rather quickly and shot her down. The Seeker, sensing all was not going to plan, attempted to get in close to the only other human present, only to discover he could not be strangled. Prime thus decided, revealed due to the human's skin, to (rather ineffectively) shoot him. This resulted in a slightly wounded and angry human shooting Prime in the face, ending it's program.
Now, only Meta Ridley remained. Knowing it's time was near, it ascended slightly, trying to get any kind of height advantage. It managed to wound another Heavy Floater before it's friend ascended alongside to terminate him. Due to the point-blank miss that then occurred, I would recommend more research into flight and it's evasive properties. This victory was short-lived however, as the other Floater ascended too.
This one did not miss, and the last remaining operative fell.

Match 2: MECs can't be blinded, or climb. Shotgun's are sniper rifles.

The next operation ended more promisingly. We contracted the PAYDAY gang to do a job for us, stealing prototype Firestorm equipment and data from X-COM HQ. Although it wasn't stipulated in the contract, "Dallas" brought a Mechtoid along with him (which he took great pride in calling "Bulldozer"). However, they tripped some alarms when they attempted to remove data from the X-COM servers, and a group of operatives entered the hanger area they were situated in.
The heisters moved forward, Chains entering on the left, Wolf on the right. Dallas remained back to oversee, command and snipe. Hoxton and the Bulldozer moved forward, somewhat reluctantly apparently given the harsh tone Dallas was taking with them.
Hoxton's fears were soon shown reasonable. Without any sighting by the crew, plasma rained down on him. Whilst he survived, he was not in good shape. Noting the direction it came from, Dallas ordered Chains to Run and Gun up a ladder to investigate. HE did so, and discovered an enemy heavy. They were quickly dispatched by Chain's Alloy Cannon. Wolf, meanwhile, moved into position on the right side, taking advantage of the fact that so far, he was undetected.
In vengeance, two Mechtoids entered the area and destroyed the Bulldozer. To make matters worse, a Chryssalid jumped from the ceiling and mauled Hoxton. Wolf, in a panic, threw a flashbang directly between the two Mechtoids, and learned to his dismay that they were immune to such petty flashes. Dallas remained calm (ish) and hit the Cryssalid with a laser, causing it to expire. He then fired again, this time an EMP shot directly at a Mechtoid. It's weapons were then disabled. Chains, meanwhile, had eyes on the reanimated Hoxton, which was near death due to another shot by Dallas. A single pistol bullet closed that gap.
A human soldier ran in to flank Wolf, which he barely survived. The disabled Mechtoid got, and I quote Dallas afterward "All up in my grill." before reloading it's weapons. The other Mechtoid shot, injuring but not killing Dallas. In retribution, and having reloaded, Chains double shot a Mechtoid which had remained too close to his perch. It recorded a critical system failure and died. Wolf turned and now flaked the soldier that hand flanked him before, and shot him. When he didn't die, Wolf knew he was in for a bad time.
Dallas decided he'd had enough and ran up a ladder, taunting the furious Mechtoid below for it's inability to follow.
The soldier then incapacitated Wolf, causing him to fall unconscious. Dallas reloaded in his hiding spot. Chains, surprisingly, could see Wolf's "execution" from his perch, and fired blindly with his shotgun. To his surprise, the shot connected and the soldier fell. The last remaining Mechtoid, unable to follow Dallas, turned instead to Chains. It missed. Chains laughed as he ran up to the Mechtoid and dispatched it. The mission then proceeded without any interruptions. Score one for us.

Match 3: KNOW YOUR TEAM'S LOADOUT, DAMMIT.

Unfortunately, it appears X-COM is capable of raising people from the dead. Not as zombies. The group that had fought at the Bar then accosted a group of our agents near a prominent fountain in town. The Seeker overseeing them, codenamed "Sovereign" attempted to remain concealed, but was revealed in a compromising position, forcing it to eliminate a Thin Man it had been watching.
Meanwhile, in back, John Shepard was trying to understand why he wasn't able to get any shots. After some fooling around with position in the air, he realized that he didn't actually have the Squad-sight module equipped. Thoroughly embarrassed, he took up position at the fountain, only to be hit by sniper fire. The Heavy Williams was also hit, and killed. The sniper was never located.
Jane Shepard managed to flank the soldier that had revealed Sovereign and kill him, but Sovereign had already been terminated. She made her way to the statue and shot at a Muton, hitting the first shot and missing the second.
Our second "Legion" unit, a Mechtoid, was also promptly shot down on the stairs leading up to the statue. When John attempted to flank Legion's killers, he managed to kill a Heavy Floater, only to have it's friend flank and kill him.
Jane soon fell to the Muton, still in position at the statue.

Unfortunately the overall operation against Commander Tauguant was a failure. Recommend termination of programs and activation of the "Run Away" protocol.

I'll post the images of the two results I actually got as soon as I get some sleep (4 AM! Jesus.) and figure out how to imgur.

S

Sarge-Pepper

http://imgur.com/a/zXIrs

Taugaunt wins. I'm too tired to make up shit today, but needless to say, he won both matches by a landslide. There were some really bullshit misses on my side of the screen (2 88% in a row, sniper, really?), but he outmanuvered me with better troops and placement.

Maybe i'll not rush everyone in next time.