1. Welcome to Gamigon.com

Gamigon is a diverse community of people that love games. Register today to get involved! You will make gamigon the goat happy and make friends for life!

Already a member? Login Now!

Hello Everyone. Shall we begin?

Discussion in 'ChristopherOdd Video Discussion' started by ChristopherOdd, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ChristopherOdd

ChristopherOdd Commander Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone, I'm thinking about starting another campaign of Longwar for XCOM.

I would love to give the regular RP'ers a chance to become a soldier first. I am planning on doing this as a daily series however, and that would be a challenge from an RP perspective. Due to time constraints on my end, I'm looking to provide the platform for your RP if you're so inclined, but my involvement in the RP would be minimal.

It's very exciting to see that you guys are still roleplaying after all this time! If you don't need the videos as a platform for the RP, that's cool too. One idea you may consider is to assign a video per week or whatever works best for you guys. There will be endless amounts of videos to utilize and you could run an RP for a VERY long time with that approach.

Completely up to you guys, but I thought I'd reach out and let you know that I'm starting very soon. Once I gather some general thoughts from you guys, I will open up a "recruitment" center so that I can assign some starting soldiers, and we'll get rocking in the next day or two.

Looking forward to it!

-Odd

2. Zain Shah

Zain Shah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only problem is that we're starting our own RP next week so it would mean running two role plays at the same time and that might be too taxing on everyone. If we can get a large enough group to roleplay then I probably will join in (although I know nothing about Long War)

3. Frostlich1228

Frostlich1228 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you might have picked a bad time for this as most of us have already done prequel posts and bios for the next season which is starting up next week.

Actively participating in two roleplays at the same time would be really hard to do and would more than likely diminish both of them in some way, especially since this is going to be a daily thing.

You may want to ask @ZombieSplitter53 about it as he is our RP moderator and see what he thinks.

4. ChristopherOdd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what I anticipated actually. If that's the case, no worries guys! Have fun! That's what XCOM is all about anyways!

5. Sarge

Sarge Just fix stuff. Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    chris do you still plan on using gamigon for role plays?

I am sure there are a few people here that would join in. The community here loves you/

6. Alzdude28

Alzdude28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun, I would normally sign up without a second thought, but with the other roleplay about to begin it may not be the best idea for me to do both. We shall see....

7. ChristopherOdd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you'd like, sure. The community here is great, so it only makes sense.

8. Sarge

Sarge Just fix stuff. Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would. I will begin setting up the site for it.

9. PrismaCube

PrismaCube Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We pretty much took over this forum from you Chris xD But I'm very glad you have not forgottan us Vetrans and loyal fans. I for once would love to join a RP in the Long War univers. Although the other RP will be more important to me than the one you will have up by then chris sorrry :)

10. ChristopherOdd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm stoked that you guys are still rocking!

11. Frostlich1228

Frostlich1228 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You should check out some of the missions from the Story of Defiance mission thread, they are really well detailed and super fun to read. :D

12. PrismaCube

PrismaCube Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As was I, I just came up with the idea of making an XCOM Rp without the game, but everybody took my idea over so quickly and all joined in I was just amazed, before I knew it we had an entirely new RP while we were waiting for you to start one again. :D

One thing lead to another and bam season 2.

13. Adrammalech

Adrammalech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be interested in taking a soldier, but daily might be a little much for me. I'd be down for the 1-2 weekly thing though.

14. DarkGemini24601

DarkGemini24601 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This. And of course, the thread should probably be in Chris's forum so it isn't conflicted/confused with the XSDF one. Welcome back Chris!

15. Dahlexpert

Dahlexpert Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea, we been doing a lot since you first brought us here. But welcome back Chris and if you have time see if you can read our RP Story of defiance i'm sure your going to love it. And good luck with the let's play, and make people role play during your serious.

16. sirphinestinkle

sirphinestinkle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been reading your RPs and I love them! I would love to get into them

17. sirphinestinkle

sirphinestinkle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please start a video RP, I know everyone here is RPIng without it but it's a bit more fun with a video and you at the helm.