X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronBryant

OOC: these events happened before he recieved the above email.
X-COM Surveillance Video #593448-37475

Labratory Observatory

*Aaron is walking at a brisk pace with a look of dark glee. He stop before the observation window and sees a few other soldier there ayame, Stevie and the rest of Bunk D5. He keeps his distance*

Aaron: Cant wait for this to start.

*the doctors began cutting and slicing and removing the organ examining weighing scraping looking and squishing*

Aaron: * chuckles* Thats what you get you stupid smug basterds. You have taken a lot from me. My faith, my happiness, my fiance is even thinking about leaving me but you cant crush me. Ill kill every last one of you. When the last of you dies I will stand as a titan on top of your bodys and make the castle of my victory on the soil that sucks the nutrients out of your dilapatated bodies. My castle shall yeild a bounty that was feed by the blood of your defeat and then when nothing remains and all is silent i will eat the harvest that was made success by your blood. I will protect them and I will make this world safe for my baby.

* The doctors pluck the reptilian looking eyes, Aarons left eye twitches*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Accessing Medical Files...

Select File...

Accessing Personal Medical Records: Video Recordings

WARNING

The following files contain confidential medical information about X-COM staff. Access to said files is restricted to individuals with Medical Clearance of Level Four (4) or higher. Violation of this restriction will result in immediate disciplinary actions, including but not limited to immediate termination from Project X-COM.

Please Enter Password...

Accessing...

Please Select File...

Accessing File #AK22795-3485

-------------------------------------------

The image shows a medium sized medical room, with the standard equipment one would expect to find. Ayame Kasagi sits on the Medical Examination Table in the center of the room, a nervous look on her face. She wears only a pair of short-shorts and a tank top. A man walks in, Caucasian, about 5'10", mid to late 40s, with black hair that is clearly balding. He has the frank look of a man who is all business. He gives Ayame a rehearsed smile as he sits on a rolling chair and looks through a medical file.

He lifts a personal voice recorder and says, "Chief Medical Officer Richard Picardo, Project X-COM Medical Staff. April [static], 2015, One...fifty-three p.m. Full medical examination of Ayame Kasagi, Project X-COM soldier, Rank: Rookie. Subject is twenty years of age, female, half Chinese, half Japanese. Ms. Kasagi, you're comfortable with English, correct?"

"Y-yes."

"Do you have any health concerns you would like to bring to light before we begin?"

Ayame starts nervously rubbing her hands together, and says, "N-no, I'm...okay...but I, isn't there..."

"Ms. Kasagi, I'm going to need you to speak up."'

"Well, I...(ahem) isn't there a female doctor I can see?"

"No." The doctor says frankly, a serious look on his face.

"I...but, I know I saw some women..."

The doctor removes his glasses and rubs his eyes in frustration. "Ms. Kasagi, do you know why you are here?"

"Y-yeah, I...all of the soldiers need a full medical examination...right?"

"Wrong, Ms.Kasagi, most of the soldiers here require a basic medical examination. This is because they had a full medical exam when they came here, at least if they came to the base when the Project began. You, on the other hand, gave us a hard time because you didn't get a female doctor, and the doctor examining you let you pass with just a basic exam because you weren't a front line soldier. However, the Commander will be assigning new soldiers to the front lines, and not only do you not have a full file, we don't have any records of a full medical exam for you since you were in your mid-teens. Now, all of our female doctors a occupied at the time. If you flat out refuse to go through with this exam, we will reschedule it, but I guarantee this will push you down the eligibility list. Now, may we continue, or would you like to reschedule?"

Ayame thinks for a few moments, but eventually gives the doctor a nervous nod. "Alright then," the doctor says,and opens up a chart. He pulls out a pen and clicks it open. "I have a few questions for you. Please be as honest as possible. Are you allergic to any medications?"

"I...I am not sure."

"Is there a history of any persistent medical issues in your family, physical, mental, or genetic?"

"I do not know."

"Are you currently taking any medications?"

"No."

"Are you currently using any recreational drugs?"

Ayame chuckles, but seeing the doctor's serious face, quickly say, "N-no, none."

"Have you used any in the last three months?"

"No."

"Do you smoke?"

"No."

"Do you consume alcohol?"

"No...I mean, I have, b-but I...usually try not to."

"Is this for medical reasons?"

"No, I just do not like how it...reduces my inhibitions."

"I see. Are you sexually active?" Ayame face turns to shock, and she flusters slightly. "This is completely confidential, Ms. Kasagi. Are you sexually active?"

"N-no! Why...how would I...here?"

"You would be surprised, Ms. Kasagi. Have you ever had sexual relations?"

"I...I...Y-yes...once...I...this is...."

"Yes, I know, its very personal, but that was the last question." The doctor motions towards a scale, which Ayame stands on. Speaking into his recorder, he says, "Subject is...ninety-four pounds..." He motions her towards a stadiometer. "...and four feet, eleven inches tall. Body Mass Index is...nineteen. Please keep an eye on your weight, Ms. Kasagi. You are only a few pounds away from being underweight. Do you know your BWH measurements?"

"My BW...oh, um, 32A-28-32."

Ayame sits back on the table as the doctor removes a multipurpose scope from a diagnostic wall unit. Telling her to open her mouth and say ahh, the doctor exams Ayame's throat. He then looks up her nose, and attaches an extension to look in her ears. The doctor retrieves a ophthalmoscope and examines her eyes before pointing to a simple Snellen chart, which Ayame reads perfectly.

"So far, so good," the doctor says, walking over to the counter and opening a container with medical gloves. "Now, please remove you clothes and lay down."

Ayame almost looks like she is about to panic. "I...is, can you not...do this with my...I...I, I..."

"Please, Ms. Kasagi, don't be so difficult," the doctor says in frustration. "I'm a doctor, not a voyeur. Just slip off your clothes, we'll finish the exam, and you'll be out of here. The faster you cooperate, the faster you'll be out of here. Besides, as you were informed when you came in, this is all being recorded, so here is nothing I could do to you that wouldn't be found out."

Ayame shakes violently as she stands up. As she starts to slips her shirt off, tears start to form in her eyes. The doctor lifts a hand to tell her to stop, a sympathetic look crossing his face. "If you had someone to 'keep an eye on me', would that help?" Ayame nods slightly, and the doctor steps out of the room, returning a minute later with a female nurse. The two stand in the corner near the camera, and the doctor whispers, "Jessica, Ms. Kasagi here is in for a full medical exam, but she's having some trouble. According to her file, she suffers from an abnormal fear of sexual abuse, and she's confirming that right now."

The nurse chuckles lightly, saying "She's scared of you? Didn't you use to work at rehabilitation center of victims of sexual abuse?"

"Yes, Jessica, the irony is not lost on me. All I need is for you to stay here for...emotional support."

"You got it, doc." The nurse walks over to Ayame, kneels down, and takes her by the hand. "What's you name?"

"A....A-Ayame."

"Well, Ayame, my name is Jessie. Now, the doctor here can be a sourpuss sometimes, and he really needs to work on his bedside manner, but he's a good man. But just to make sure everything goes smoothly, we're just going to quickly slip these off and get this thing over with, and I'm going to hold your hand the whole time. Is that okay?"

Ayame gives a nervous nod. The nurse helps her remove her clothes and she lays on the table. The doctor examines her breathing with a stethoscope, Ayame flinching slightly at the cold instrument. He then puts on his gloves and examines her neck, arms, chest, stomach, and legs, occasionally asking if she feels any pain. He keeps the calm, serious face of a professional. Ayame twitches nervously whenever his hands near sensitive areas, but she keeps her cool, the nurse holding her hand the whole time, using her free hand to stroke Ayame's hair. Satisfied, the doctor nods towards the nurse, who helps Ayame to her feet and helps her get dressed.

"All right, Ms. Kasagi, while I am trained in it, because of your youth and...abstinence, I feel we can skip a gynecological exam. I'd say you are perfectly fit for duty. I'll report your passed medical exam right away. In the future, when we call on you to get an exam, I suggest you not wait until the last minute if you want a female doctor."

"And if not," the nurse adds, smiling at Ayame, "you can always call me to watch your back, even if I'm not on the clock. Now come on, you're never too old to have a sucker after a doctor's visit, right?" The nurse takes Ayame by the hand and the two leave. The doctor types on a computer for several minutes before leaving himself.

END RECORDING

PrismaCube

OOC: (Spend alot of time on this so sorry if I got some wrong information, just message me so I can fix them)

Subject: Thinman
Teacher: Extraterrestrial Doctor & Scientis Selena Sprous

I love Officer Training School, had I not gone there I would have done a mistake last mission. I mean I didn't get a kill but it does not matter, I survived. I went to the Lab to talk to the teacher Selena to thank her and tell her about my experience. I was about to go back to my room, when I ran into Ayame, I said hello and was on my way again (wink). Anyway today we are going to learn about the thinman, I'm excited, since I have already met them in battle.

Lesson #2
Thinman

Selena (Teacher): "Welcome back Soldier's, it is good to see more of you here, let me introduce myself for the newcomers. My name is Dr. Sprous, I work in the Lab along side Dr. Vahlen. But you can all call me Selena. Moving on, here you will learn everthing there is no know about the enemie, inorder to help you during battle, using what you learned here about the enemie in battle can be lifesaving. For example, when killing a thinman you should not stand in a nearby radius, do to toxic clouds coming from the deceased thinman, but we will get into that more later today. If you have any Questions during the lesson, I advice you to write them down somewhere so you won't forget them and come with them to me after the lesson, or you could always look into the archives you will receive at the end of the lesson, to read incase you missed something during the lesson. Now if you could all get settled in, we will begin the lesson shortly!"

"Thinman! As the name already sais, these Aliens represent a Thin man. There is no doubt that it is used as an infiltration unit. This can be seen by how human like this alien look's, but upon closer inspetion, they seem to have some problemds concealing the eyes, which appear to be reptilian. For all we know these aliens could have been on this planet for years without anyone noticing it. During the autopsy we also found out that there bone structure are segmented, which makes them very agilie and flexiable. We have also noticed that these alien seem to be experimenting on civilians on sight."

"Now something to know during ballte. The thinman have a toxic cloud in them which burst out upon death, if expoused in it to long it can kill you. But it is nothing that will stay forever, but does not mean you should run through them, if you can avoid running through them, the clouds will disapear after a couple of minutes, then it is safe to pass that area again. Another thing to note is that the thinman can control this toxic, which means they can "spit" it long distance, having the same effect it would it a thinman were to die. When encountering thinman it is adviced to spread out, therefore keeping the entire team safe when you do get targeted by one. If you do get poisond, our special combat medikit can cure the poision, but it is adviced to only use it for poison extiquishing if it is life threating, other than that the poison should only stay five to ten minutes on you, depending on how much toxic you are exposuded to. We are currently working on armour that can go through the toxic and not damage the soldier, but we are still years from developing such suit, unless the aliens have more technologie that we are unaware of that could help us speed the process."

"Now that is all we know so far, we are still working on a device to capture aliens and we are getting closer, if you can interogate aliens succsefully like we plan to, then we will continue this topic if we find out more. Thank you all for coming, next week we will take a look at the Chryssalid, we even plan to bring in a body part to show you more about this "Special creature" although we know very little about the Chryssalid, you should still come and learn about what we do know, incase you ever face one. Until next time class, if you have question's come to me with them now or later in the Lab, just ask for my name at the Lab door and I will come. Remeber noone is allowed into the lab unless the Commander sais so. Have a good day all."

Research Archives:
Thinman Autopsy

Initial Findings
The tall one has, up until this point, been unofficially referred to as the "Thin Man". Initial testing has revealed a concerted effort by the aliens to modify this specimen's genetic structure in such a way as to make it appear human. However, on closer inspection, they seem to have had some trouble concealing the eyes, which appear to be reptilian in nature...

Project Report
The subject's external appearance is that of a Caucasian male. I would guess its age to be approximately 35 years old, although its quite likely this is an artificial effect intentionally affixed by the aliens. The specimen is roughly two meters in height, and weighs just under 80 kilograms. Despite its outward appearance, upon dissection, the creatures unique organ and bone structure is revealed to be distinctly alien in nature. The subject's bones are segmented, rather like the vertebrae of a serpent. This segmented structure appears to give the creature a spectacular range of motion in combat.
A large portion of the specimen's thoracic cavity is devoted to enormous glands capable of producing a toxin that is then expelled via ducts with considerable force. After a thorough chemical analysis of the subject's venom, we've theorized that it could be used as a powerful disinfectant to treat our soldiers injuries in the field. Dr. Shen is working to develop a means to integrate this into our existing Medikits for future deployment. Targeting another example of this specimen in the field using the Unit Analysis view may reveal further details about its distinctive combat abilities.

Grelite

At 13:00 Shaojie Zhang calls Jorn Lemonade into his office. His desk, despite the sheer amount of paperwork on top of it, is well-organized. As Jorn enters, he gestures him to sit down across from him while he writes down a few last notes. He puts down his pen and sits back in his chair. "I am glad you came, Sergeant Lemonade. I called you here to discuss the role of Sergeants regarding the training of the soldiers in the base." He pauses for a moment to pick up his pen again.

"At the moment, only field officers are in charge of field training, but I'd like to make this available all day, every day and even mandatory for at least 20 hours a week. This is of course aside from time they should spend in classes, on the range, etcetera," Zhang quickly jots down a few lines, "So what do you think?"

"So you want me and the other Sergeants to give field training?" Jorn pauses for a second to think. "And what do I have to do exactly, if I may ask?"

"You and the other Sergeants have field experience. This is invaluable information to your fellow soldiers. You can give lectures and do field op training in the CQC section. Perhaps you can think of other things yourself, inspired by things you have seen or been taught."

"That sounds like a good idea, I expect that you already have, or will, inform the other Sergeants? And are there any other duties I have to attend to?"

Zhang stands up from his seat, striding to his bookcase, taking only a short moment to find what he was looking for. "Am I right to assume you have one of these?" He holds out a book, showing the cover, which clearly read: 'X-COM CO AND NCO FIELD PROTOCOLS AND YOU - AN EXTENDED GUIDE TO ROUTINES AND TRAINING'. "This should detail everything you can or should do as well as everything you shouldn't."

Jorn stands up, reaches his hand out and takes the book from Zhang's hands. He opens it and scrolls through the pages a bit. "Yes, I do believe I have this laying somewhere, I only read trough it once when I first came here." Jorn lays the book down on the desk. "I will read it again as soon as I find it."

"Good," Zhang replies, "good. I hope it's enough to get you set. If you need any help, feel free to ask me or any of the other training staff. Otherwise, good luck, Sergeant." The two exchange salutes and Jorn leaves the Captain to his paperwork.

Dahlexpert

(OOC The following was made in collaboration between Dahlexpert &Frostlich1228)

"Axton?... Oh... Yeah I'm here"

Anna Slowly pushes open the door, Anna has her arms crosses and looks at Axton strangely.

"Is there something you need?"

"We need to talk,mind if I come in."

"I don't mind..."

Anna sits down on her bunk and looks back up at Axton.

"So what do you need to talk to me about?"

"You manly,have you seen the next line up for the front line"?

"No I haven't... Why do you ask?"

"Well i'm first on that list so i'm next to go out,guess who is eight and nine".

"Me and Ayame?"

"Yep in that order,now Ayame can handle her self which is why i'm not talking to her,you i'm worried about".

"So you don't think I can handle myself in a fight? Is that it?"

Anna Stands back up and looks at him.

"You don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine."

Axton gets up and walks to Anna

"It's not that you can shoot yes,but it's killing some one that has me worried, you never killed ever,and that can mental scar some and that's what I want to talk to you about."

Someone?"

"These things are monsters! Its not like killing another human being!"

"What about the thin man,they strongly resemble humans how will you react to killing those."

"Axton... The words "Strongly Resemble" and "Are" are two completely different things..."

Anna Crosses her arms.

"I've been through a lot of terrible things in my life Axton... If those things didn't Scar me, then I don't think killing a monster bent on destroying the world will either..."

"Relay your not scared at all,so no alien scares you."

"I Didn't say I wasn't scared... I said that killing one of them wouldn't scar me... I've never actually been in a Gunfight before, these Aliens do scare me... I have to overcome my fear if I want to help fight against these... things..."

I'm glad to here you say that...look the reason I came here is to tell you that,if you need more weapons training come to me,now there is a simulation room near the shooting rang go there at least four times a week,and the reason i'm telling you this is because...i'm worried about you,your my only female friend that have here...well ever,so when you get out there please be careful.

"Alright Axton... But don't think I haven't been preparing to head out into the field, I've been at the shooting range almost three times a day since I've been here, I think I am as ready as I can be if they call me out.

Anna sits back down on the bed.

"If I ever need help training I'll be sure to call you... you don't need to worry about me alright?"

"Ou thank god,you my mind a lot calmer that's good to here,and it's nice to here that your training daily,and Anna just because you think your ready doesn't mean your ready,because combat is unpredictable.....but it's good to here that your ready,and i'm still gonna be worried because your my friend and that just my nerves talking.

Anna stands back up.

"You'll be out in the field soon too Axton... if you worry about me you won't be focusing on the fight... As for me I should probably go and check on Ayame, she is having her physical today, I just want to make sure she didn't freak out and cause a scene"

"Yea your right and don't worry about me I can't wait to kill those bastards,and you might want to hurry to ayame by now she probable broke the doctors arm by now

Anna Walks up to the door and grabs the handle.

"See you later Axton... And... Thanks for the concern..."

Anna leaves the room.

"Ant time my friend...any time

Axton walks to the door and grabs the handle and leaves.

Sharkdragon96

INT. Research labs.

Persephone Brown stands outside of the main Laboratories, a nervous look on her face.

After several minutes staring at the door, she finally enters and is almost immediately seen being escorted out by a lab tech.

MAC
"Whoa there sweetheart, what do you think you're doing? you can't just come in here wearing that soldiers uniform!
PERSEPHONE
I just wanted to speak to Dr. Vahlen, I was wondering if she needed any volunteers.
MAC
Oh I'm so sorry sweet cheeks, Dr. Vahlen is very busy at the moment, however...
The Lab technician gives Persephone a suggestive look.
MAC
Maybe you could do something for me, I'm having difficulty getting something up back at my room.
PERSEPHONE
Fuck off!
Persephone shoves the Lab technician to the side and marches on by.
MAC
Hey wait! You're still not supposed to...
Persephone flips him the bird as she walks away before Mac can even finish his sentence.

Mac mutters something quietly (but not quietly enough for Persephone to not hear) under his breath like "Jeez this rose has thorns!"

Persephone stops for a moment and clenches her fist, the thought of that creep even mentioning her sister's name (even if it was unintentional) is enough to make her want to turn around and punch the guy.

She resists the urge knowing she could get in deep trouble with the commander for attacking an unarmed civilian.

Persephone keeps walking through the labs until she spots Dr. Vahlen.

PERSEPHONE
Excuse me!
Vahlen turns to her.

PERSEPHONE
I know but I was just wondering if you needed anymore volunteers.
VAHLEN
You do realize that you aren't supposed to be here without special permission from the commander right?​
PERSEPHONE
Oh... Sorry.
VAHLEN
Nothing to be shameful about, accidents happen. However a lot of the research that goes on in here is highly classified. We don't want to run even the most marginal risk of someone leaking it without at least running some kind of background check on the individual first. I'll let it slide for now but just keep in mind that if we see you here again without the commander's approval you will be in trouble.
PERSEPHONE
Sure thing. Thanks.
Persephone walks out, keeping a close eye out making sure that creepy Lab Technician, Mac isn't still waiting by the door. Fortunately she doesn't see him anywhere and proceeds to exit the lab.

INT. Hallway.​

Persephone makes her way down the hall to the main office, but starts hearing footsteps behind her.

Without even turning her head around she yells:

PERSEPHONE
Do I have to scream for security or something?
MAC
Now come on Honey pie that's no way too...
PERSEPHONE
I'm not your "honey pie," and for your information I'm not your WHORE either! You're lucky I don't march over there rip your dick clean off you disgusting pig!
Mac lays a hand Persephone's shoulder.​
MAC (Slightly raising his voice)

Now now there, you don't want either of us to get hostile now do you?
Persephone shoves him away.​

PERSEPHONE
Don't you fucking touch me! Do you honestly think I find you the least bit intimidating? I've had to deal with your kind throughout military school for the past two and half years! Nothing you can ever do or say will surprise me in the least!
MAC
Did that Colin guy warn you about me too? Damnit he's trying to keep all the pussy to himself!
PERSEPHONE
What the hell are you talking about?
MAC
Just last night I was sweet talking this one girl when all of sudden he shows up out of nowhere and snatches her off! She had a pretty name too! What was it? Ayame? Yeah that's it!
Persephone clenches her fists tight resisting incredibly hard not to smack him.

As if it wasn't enough that she was taking this kind of harassment from this creep but the thought of him preying on the only person she was even remotely attached to makes her skin crawl.
Persephone backs up as Mac starts approaching her closer and closer.​
MAC​
She was a short one, a bit thin for my taste and somewhat lacking certain... assets.​
Mac directs his gaze down to Persephone's chest.​

MAC​
Assets that you don't seem to be lacking too much...​
Persephone cuts him off in mid sentence with a punch to the face.

Mac stops to regain his composure and starts to notice blood trickling down his nose.

MAC
YOU BIT...
Persephone lands another punch on him followed by a kick to the stomach.

Mac lands a punch on Persephone in the face but because the sudden adrenaline rush she doesn't seem the least bit fazed by it.

She pushes him to the ground kicks him in the face before putting him into a choke hold.

Persephone is all of a sudden grabbed from behind by two security guards.

All she can do is scream as they pull her away.

PERSEPHONE
The next time you try to lay a hand on her I will end you, you hear me? I WILL FUCKING END YOU!

Meaningofbread

Name: Anja Kjear

Base Log: 3? 4? It has been for ever.

I feel today is the time to dust off my journal. I had left it there, in my dorm room. Things have been spiraling down, and I feel like I have had no active attention or participation. Time would tick by, with me sitting in my room. Almost like some sort of time capsule inside of me has finally been opened and I am fully ready to interact with the other members of this organization.

I feel these journal entries must lean towards the "Short and Sweet" side of things. In an underground base, recycling and reusing things is paramount.

I have heard word from the higher up that we need engineers to help run the base. The commander seemed to be very stressed. How necessary are these people? Why aren't the governments of the world supplying us with more?

Questions can be posed.

Questions can't be answered.

I feel another letter back home needs to be in order. My stack of letter paper still stands tall, but I am sure it will waver, and eventually deplete. Along with the hope of world in this accursed war.

We have lost some. We will lose many, many more.

OOC: Sorry for no update, I've been on vacation for a week, but nevertheless I'm back to write, and i'm willing to do some collabs in the think tank. C:

AaronBryant

X-COM Surveillance Video #593448-33434
Bunk-D5
*Aaron is grumbling sifting through things on his computer the other member of bunk D5 are doing Similar activities*

Aaron: *visibly smiling* Hey i got an email from my girls folks in Canada. *A sudden gloom seems to fall over his face* Wasn't one of the abduction sites in the last mission canada?

Stevie: "Aaron what's wrong"

Aaron: *Aarons knuckles turn visibly white as he grips tight the computer eyes racing back and forth you hear him mutter* nonononononononononooo no no no no no this can't be right *instead of the normal anger that comes with Aarons distress helplessness is heard*

Collins:"Yeah one was in Canada, but we never went there..." *Colin turns away from his PC and walk towards Aaron* "What is going on buddy?"

Aaron: *A tear rolls like a stone off his cheek* They took both of them from me. *his eyes showing horror and deep fright*

John: "shit man..." *john gets up from his bunk and walks over to Aaron* " you need anything?"

Aaron: *unable to recognize the kindness shown to him* "I couldn't protect them they died because they went where i told them i wasn't there to help them. Its my fault, what kind of man am I. *he closes the laptop gently* My pregnant fiance, my love and the child we made are dead. they are gone forever and its my fault * his arms hang at his side his expression show total surrender* Its all random meaningless and empty everything we ever do means nothing there is nothing to look forward to and even if there was what would it mean if it can all be taken in the blink of an eye." *his eyes squeeze hard pushing out more tears*

John: *john sighs before sitting down next to Aaron* "Sorry for your loss...." *john shakes his head and stares at the floor awkwardly* "Christ, that's fucked up. We expect it for us to die, but for friends and family too.....shit, no one was expecting this. Anyway my point is that it isn't your fault, Don't blame yourself, blame the fuckers up there." *stares at Colin for help*

Axton: "O come on man” *Axton walks to Aaron* "Look Aaron this is not your fault, we're at war people die,you did your best trying to protect your family,but it didn't work,the best thing you can do is kill aliens in their honor.”

Colin: *Noticing John staring at Colin he reacts quickly* "Yeah look Aaron, we all knew this would happen, and if we don't keep our stuff together there will be hundreds of families that will have to go through the same stuff you have to go through right now. Do you want that? I know I don't, so we have to go out there and shows those alien's who the boss is here. Let's hit them hard and...kill them harder? For our loved ones."

*Aaron grabs Collins collar and picks him up a bit*

Aaron: HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?! AND WHO CARES HOW MANY OF THE FUCKING ALIENS DIE THEY ARE GONE.

John: *John quickly pulls Aaron away from Colin and bends his arms around his back* "Calm down! Calm down! Look, I know this is a crappy situation to be in, but this isn't his fault and it isn't yours" *John relaxes the restraint but does not release him* "If you promise to calm down i'll release you, and you can mourn with us here to support, ok?

Aaron: "i didn't get to say goodbye ... i didn't get to hold my baby. I didn't even know if it was a boy or girl ..... we were waiting so it would be a surprise and i'll i want to know if is i would have had a Boy to teach everything i know about being a man or a beautiful girl who i'd be able to raise to be someones loving wife. *Aaron stands up* I just ..... there was so much that was undone * unsobbing his face showers the floor with salty droplets filled with heartache he looks to the ceiling turning his anger on the only person he felt deserved it at that time* "WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING DEAL? I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP SAVE THE WORLD AND YOU THROW THIS AT ME! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOUR BULLSHIT YOU ASSHOLE!"

Axton: *My god Aaron calm down, unless you forgot this is war people die bitching about your family dying isn't gonna bring them back.”

Aaron: *Aaron bends down and turns rips out of the grip. Walks up to Axton and stands an inch from his face he whispers slightly* The only reason i don't fucking make you puke your guts out u stupid mercenary shit is that your so ignorant to the type of loss that I just experienced that I actually am considering praying you never have to understand what I am going through. I don't think it would help much since i prayed for this not to happened turns out i'm cursed or something so theres that. *Aaron sighs turning to John and Collins and Stevie with a forlorn expression* "I'm sorry Collins, thank you for trying to tone me down John.”

Collins: " I dont blame you Aaron this is too much for anyone to handle"

Aaron: "Stevie *he walks over to stevie and hugs him* you're a good friend.

Stevie: "look Aaron, I can't say I know how you feel, but I know what it is like to lose someone, and all I can say is maybe they are not dead but on a ship, that is all I can say about your lose, except, if they are gone, you, you just need to fight for their name, it is not your fault, I know I would go bat-shit-crazy if I lost my love."

Aaron: “I can't be around anyone right now I need to go." *Aaron stalks off and the faucet went drip drop leaving a trail behind him*

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”
Rita Mae Brown

Grelite

Ayame enters the mess hall for some lunch. She sees Zhang and starts towards him, but stops and instead goes to get her food. Upon doing so, she starts to walk away from Zhang, but stops, and then, with a determined huff, takes a seat across from him and starts eating, waiting to see if he will notice her

He takes another bite from his meal only to look up and see someone had sat down across from him. Slowly he chewed as he stared the young soldier down, taking his time to process the contents of his mouth. "Good afternoon", he said

"Hello," Ayame responded, extending a nervous hand. "I am Ayame. Kasagi Ayame."

"Yes," he started, "yes, you are." Zhang looked at her more thoroughly in silence. Finally he spoke: "Shaojie Zhang, though I'm sure you know."

Slightly taken aback by his frankness, Ayame said, "Y-yes, I do. I... I was hoping I could introduce myself to you."

He tilted his head slightly. Almost unnoticeable, in fact. "Are you comfortable doing that in English, or would you prefer Mandarin? Or am I being too presumptuous?"

Seeming to relax a little Ayame responded, "Xièxiè, that is kind of you, but I need the practice." Hesitantly, she added, "I... am not disturbing you, am I?"

"It's fine," he says with a smile, trying to comfort her, "what do you need?" With peculiar meticulousness he starts preparing the next bite he was going to take, carefully analysing the shape of the remaining components and estimating the coming portions.

Ayame thinks for a moment, seemingly caught off guard by Zhang's willingness to talk to her. "You... you do not... recognize me... do you?"

"From training?" He asks, "Yes, I have seen you present during some of my sessions." With grace he once more brings some food into his mouth before starting to chew on it thoroughly, returning his eyes to the person in front of him.

"R-right, training... just, just training," Ayame watches Zhang eat, raising an eyebrow. Shaking her head slightly, she says, "Anyway, I heard that the Commander was looking for soldiers to add to the active list. I was hoping I could talk to someone to make sure I was not... um, neglected... no, wrong word, um... overlooked?"

He shrugged, taking his time to chew his food down. "I don't have access to those lists. You'll have to ask command. I imagine there is some order to things, but who knows who gets put in when and why? Whatever happens, they thought about it. I'll still give everyone the same training."

"Oh, I am sorry," Ayame says, looking down in embarrassment. "I did not want to be... I did not mean to think you had more power than you do. I-I just... th-thought, after you t-talked to my friend, you h-had more control." She looks up suddenly. "N-not that I do not think you... you have power, I just hoped you had enough s-so I could be chosen." Her eyes widen and her face turns red. "No! No, I did not mean it like that. I... I would not want special treatment, I... I just wanted to make sure I was not skipped because I was underestimated!" Letting out a defeated sigh, Ayame falls silent. She hangs her head and focuses on her food.

Zhang spoke up in a stern voice: "Why are you apologising? It was a perfectly reasonable question." He put down his cutlery and leaned forward slightly. "Do me a favour. Next time you're going to say you're sorry, find a way to say thank you instead. You'll feel better, as will the person you say it to." After this rather insightful advice, as he thought, he returned to his meal again.

"Okay," Ayame said after a moment of thinking, "I'm.s... um, thank you." She took a few bites of food in silence, before asking, "Do... you mind if I ask about one more thing? It is about another rookie, Anna Stone."

Zhang recollected his conversation with Anna Stone. "Hrm, sure. What is it you wanted to ask?"

"I...I hope she was not in too much trouble. I know you were just doing your job by telling her she can not work in engineering. I just hoped you and your super...superiors know she had the best....um, she only wanted to help." Ayame blushed slightly as she continued, " I care a lot about Anna's safety, but I know she wants to fight, so I hope she did not hurt her chances."

"Look", he started, a serious look on his face, "all I know is the report I was given. It said that by 'helping' work on things like the satellite projects she was delaying the staff." He paused for a moment, unsure how to phrase it without being blunt, but could not think of a way. "To put it bluntly, she did not have the training to help out the lab, and the need to be explained everything extensively led to over-hours for the already small number of staff. They commended her for her willingness to help, but if you don't have the skills to go along with it, you're only slowing others down."

Again he took a moment trying to gauge her reaction before continuing. "The same goes for being a soldier. It is a job that is more than full time and requires complete dedication. Regular military training doesn't cover what goes on out there and to catch up every soldier needs to be ready to move at all hours. This means attending training, classes and being well-rested to do the same thing the next day. The fact that I have run squads out there and returned with the entire team is more than luck. It is discipline and experience."

"I understand that," Ayame returned, her voice raising a little in anger. "But you say that like she isn't even trying. She attends training a classes everyday, and works so hard to better herself, I think she's overworking herself. You could show a little more sympathy for the people working under you."

"And that is why I mentioned rest. Getting her out of engineering is for her own good. I care for the job, which means I care for the soldiers under me, but I am not here to please them." He has agitation in his voice, but keeps his composure. As he sits back in his chair he starts again, more calmly this time. "I do appreciate your concern. I am glad you talked to me about this. Without someone to criticize me, how can I justify my actions?"

Ayame's eyes soften, and she looks down, embarrassed about losing her temper again. "You're right. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. I'll... let you finish your meal in peace." She gathers her tray and stands up.

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

Non combat log 8:

John is currently lying in his bunk with a tired look in his eye.

" Today's been.... Today's been a long day. Aaron has been hit hard by recent events, it turns out the aliens hit the spot that his family was staying at. Poor guy lost his wife and kid..... As you'd expect he didn't take it well, he was in tears and I had to restrain him after he attacked Colin. That pretty much set the mood for the rest of the day, I kept an eye on Aaron during training at the range to make sure nothing kicked off between him and Colin. Even with disciplined soldiers, high emotions and firearms do not mix, especially when grief is thrown into the mix. Apart from that though I haven't really seen him around, I guess he found something or someone to vent at. Though I can't blame him for that, I mean I've already done the same for reasons that seem like sunshine and rainbows in comparison. I just hope he finds peace before he goes out into the field, or we may have to add another name to the memorial."

John sits up before running a hand through his hair.

" Now that's a bad thought to have. *sighs* I'm sure he'll be fine, I'll just have to ask someone to talk to him to make sure he's going to be alright"

He takes out his pendent with a small smile and plays with it for a short while.

"I- I'm gonna go and talk to people I should have done a long time ago...John signing out"

John gets up and walks toward the camera, it stops recording shortly afterwards.

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Journal entry #13

Well it's been a long day,a very long day my day started out with Aaron crying about his family or some thing so his family died so what,I don't care that his family died,I care about the millions of others families that are dying right now because they think there safe and there not those are the one that I care about ,and if Aaron gets in my face again like he did last time he's gonna find him self on the ground.

That is how my day started,the next part of my day was talking to Anna ,and I think Anna is starting to trust me since she lit me into her room and the conversation we had was pretty good,basicley I told he I was worried about her since she is going to the front line soon,I wanted to be sure that she was ready,and she put my mind at ease with what she said,apparently she has been practicing three time a day and at least she is taking this seriously and personally,I can't wait to see her in action.

All right that was my so.

Axton walks to the camera and shuts it off.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
To the Desk of Commander Odd:

Recipient: Rk. Aaron Bryant
Relationship to Recipient: Mother of Fiance
Subject: Sugar, Im sorry.

Aaron......

Hunny this is hard to say, we tried calling you but we dont even know where you are. There has been a terrible accident. Our baby, our grandbaby, the love of your life, and your child they are gone hunny. We went to the bakery and they just came down on us. it was ... .. . im so sorry they're both gone. I wish you well and to end this war soon but you werent here to protect her so Im sorry but this is your fault. You left her! you left her and your baby our grandchild. End this war its the only way you could ever make this right.

E-mail Ended

Communications correspondent: "The recipient has already recieved the email Commander. I though it would be wise to inform you."

Email
To: Aaron Bryant
Subject: Email

I am sorry for your loss.

Commander Odd.

Sharkdragon96

The following is a colabritive effort between Sharkdragon96 and Grelite.
INT. Zhang's office.

After the incident report from the labs concerning Persephone Brown's assault of laboratory staff in the science department, it was Shaojie Zhang's task to question the soldier under his command. She had been sent to his office, where the ever busy Captain was laboring his way through a pile of paperwork.

Persephone with her head in her hand looks up at Zhang and says with tears almost visible in her eyes.
PERSEPHONE​
I can explain... I didn't mean... I mean... I didn't want to...
With a stern look, the officer crosses his arms and looks directly at the young soldier.
ZHANG​
If you could calmly explain what happened, that would help immensely. I'll have to hear what you have to say before I shout at you without reason.

Persephone takes a nervous breath and proceeds to tell her side of the story.
PERSEPHONE
Okay, so I wanted to talk to someone in the research labs and before you get angry yes I know I wasn't supposed to be there without permission but I forgot, anyway this lab technician followed me out and... and...
Persephone panics.
PERSEPHONE​
I SWEAR IT WAS SELF DEFENSE, I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT UNLESS I KNEW HE WANTED TO HURT ME OR SOMEONE ELSE HERE!
ZHANG
The report says you threw the first punch. You, a trained soldier, against a scientist with zero combat training. You were somewhere you were not supposed to be, while he was. You can't ignore that this looks incredibly bad for you. What am I supposed to think?
PERSEPHONE
I may have thrown the first punch, but he put his hand on me first!
ZHANG
And he'll likely argue it was to get you out of the labs. Whatever happened, why did you not walk away?
He started to read the report again.
PERSEPHONE

I told you, this happened outside the labs! I left and then he started following me!
ZHANG
Right, and the guards reported they had to pull you off of him. Listen to me: they will not look at you as the victim here. You were the one to throw the first punch and not only that, with how short the base is on science staff, they will likely not condemn him easily. His record is clean, his work is called brilliant. No matter how much he might have hurt anyone, people will side with him.

He puts down the report and walks over to the blinds, looking out as he talks with a troubled look on his face.
ZHANG
Now, I am supposed to find a way to punish you for what you did. Lucky for both of us, this is your first offence, despite how serious it is. How would you feel about a restraining order against yourself? You wouldn't be allowed within ten meters of him, which I imagine you would not mind.
Persephone looks up at Zhang with rage in her eyes.
PERSEPHONE
No, that's not enough! You can punish me all you want, but this man needs to be stopped! I can prove it too! I think he was trying to move in on Ayame yesterday the same way he was trying to move in on me today, and he would have gotten away with it if Colin hadn't stepped in and helped! Just ask either of them, this man is guilty of sexual assault!
ZHANG
This is a very serious accusation. What evidence do you have? When and where did this take place?
He sits back down, grabbing a notepad and pen.
PERSEPHONE
I don't know all the details but last night I was waiting in my bunk room for Ayame to come back because she was out later then usual. When she did come back she was escorted by another soldier who I presume was Colin, I tried to ask her what happened but she said she didn't want to talk about it! But that's not it! This man actually said himself that he was trying to make a move on her until Colin intervened, and that was the point I lost it with him, the fact that I wasn't even his first attempt!
ZHANG
This extremely disconcerting. If this is true, I will need to call Ayame and Colin in here to question them about this. What evidence do you have to support your claim?

PERSEPHONE
I'm just telling you what I heard, but Colin and Ayame should provide all the evidence you need! I mean what other motivation could any of us have for wanting to frame this man other then the fact that he is guilty!
ZHANG​
Again, it will not be me you need to convince.
Zhang takes out a tablet and navigates it shortly before resuming his part of the conversation.

ZHANG
I take it these are the Rookies Ayame Kasagi and Colin Weger you are talking about. If you have nothing more to say, I'll put your side of the case on hold to question these two.
Persephone gives a somewhat relieved sigh.
PERSEPHONE
Yes Officer.
The two stand up and exchange salutes.

ZHANG​
Dismissed, Soldier.​

NecronDaddy

Jurnal 1

Name: Necron

Finally they let me leave therapy. Although I still have problems with concentration, I think all is well for now. I think I finally have a little time to rest. Finally done with the stupid tests. Once a week I have to go to a psychotherapist though. Maybe he won't notice anything strange. He regularly informs Commander Odd about my mental state, considering they saved me from those things. I don't even know what to say.

Who knows what they can do, and that grennnnnnnn... Nope, still mumble when I try to say it. I sound like a crazy man. I will look around for a free room or see if one of the solders who saved me is willing to let me stay with them. I will probably start with Booker since we have something in common, heard he is a sharpshooter, maybe I'll put that to the test. But for now I really need some rest.

I hope that greeeeee...n shit didn't sap something out of me. I feel so weak, maybe I'm just sick. Yeah, I'm probably just sick. I'll ask the doc for some med's and my prescription pills or I'll just be sleep-walking through the entire base all night. Who knows where I might wake up this time. Last time I didn't take my med's I woke up in a vent in my neighbor's house, still have no idea how I ended up there. Thankfully my son Josh came to check on me and immediately called the neighbors to check if I was near their house.

I'm still worried about him. Josh, good thing you were stubborn like your mom and stayed with grampa Max for the weekend. I still feel uneasy since I haven't heard from him. I might ask Commander Odd if he can let me try and get in contact with them. I know this is a secret military base, but I want to know if he is okay...

Entry over.

NecronDaddy

Jurnal 2

Name: Necron

It was nice of Booker to let me stay with him,something tell's me we will be good frend's or competitors.First ting's first i challenge him to a sniper off,he happily accepted.We went to the training room and made a little bet on who is a better shot, two drinks to the one who nail's the target perfectly.We had a bit of a fallout on what weapon to use i wanted to make it interesting and use a handgun but he insisted that we use sniper's since he got promoted,probably wanted to show off his new skill.Sure why not,we take the our shot's.They were closer then i ever imagined we literally both hit dead center at the same time.

Since we dident plan on what to do in the case of a draw but we figured we treat each other to a beer,we talked for a while and he told me a bit about his past turn's out he was a mercenary who had a solid number of job's before he was "recruted".All and all he seem's like a nice guy he even told me that the first time he was in the field he dident know what to do almost like something was holding him down.He also mentioned something about my rescue and that no one thought i whuld make it,mentally of course.

Well anyway i told him a bit about my son,surprisingly he seemed pretty interested in him,since he dident tell me anything about his family i'm not sure if i tug on some heart strings,maybe he had a son that died during the attack or something.Soon after i retired to our room,he was still in the mess-hall just looking in to his empty bottle almost like he floated off somewhere but his body stayed.Im sure he is just thinking about the missions and about the planet,aliens and all that jazz.

Well time to see if the doctor really dosent have any pill's for me,if so i might need to warn Booker about my sleep-walking problem just as a head's up.

Entry over.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name:Booker Conan
Current Rank:Sergeant to Captain
Mission Name: Lone Blade
Mission Objective:
  • Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Kills This Mission:2
Total Kills since joining XCOM:14 Dead
Promotion:Sniper Class - Opportunist

Audio Missions Logs
Lone Blade Log:

OOC: Sorry for the wait i have been working a lot this week

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Bounty log #1 (part one)

Before I start this journal, I need to say that this is not my first contract as a mercenary OK, so this is my fifth contract as a Merck and,this is also my first on over ceases.

So I get this contract from my sister,she tells me that i'm heading to the united kingdom,and this contract all ready pissed me off because I don't like the English men over there and to make things worse i'm protecting a princess,isn't that just wonder full.

So I get to England ,and this person at the air port finds me and tells me that he is sent to find me and take me to my client,so I go with him I get to my clients house,which is this huge Manichean almost looks like a castle,it was what I was expecting it to be,which means i'm gonna be protecting some noble asshole.

So I enter the castle,and the father sees me and asks his guard,"what is filthy creature doing in my home",that alone already wanted me to punch him,but I didn't so I replied"you hired me to protect you" and he replied "I will never hire a mercenary to protect me,let alone an Indianan mercenary at that" I wanted to slam this guy so bad,but I had to be respect full, if I wanted this family to be our permit clients thin his wife came down,and she asked her husband.

'who is this young man dear"

"no one dear he was just leaving,guard". guards come out of the door next to Axton "Pleas take this filthy American out of my house"

And before the guards put there hands on me this women told them not to touch me,and this women was the most beautiful person I have ever seen,long red heair 5 foot 3 inches and about a soled b cup.she was beautiful,and she said to me " Are you from America"
and I responded yes I am,and her father was furious at her,yelling at her why did you hire this scum,and I replied to that buy punching him in the face.

yea it got worse after that,he sent his guards on me,and I destroyed them one guard swong wildly at me,I went under him and swiped his legs and punched him in his neck,the second guard again swong wildly at me I grabbed his arm and put it under my arm put and punched him multiple times in his throught and then punched him in his face. after that indecent fight I introduced my self to her,and her name name was Kathryn princess Kathryn.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(The following was made in colaboration between ZombieSplitter21 & Frostlich1228)

X-COM Soldier Barreks, Room 44-6, Occupants: Persephone Brown, Ayame Kasagi, Anna Stone

Ayame lays on bed, giving a thousand yard stare to nothing in particular. As the door to the room opens, she lifts her head to see who it is. Anna opens the door slowly and looks at Ayame. "Oh Ayame! There you are, I thought you were still at the Med-Bay. By the way...How did it go?"

Ayame smiles smiles brightly, but looks away, her face turning red. "I-it went okay. A little awkward, though."

"As long as the doctor didn't lose an arm, I would say it went pretty well." Anna smiles and sits down on the bed bed with Ayame.

Ayame's smile fades as she looks down. "When...when the doctor told me to undress, I actually needed him to call in a nurse. Can you believe that?" She shudders slightly. "Twenty years old, and I need a nurse to hold my hand like a scared child."

Anna holds her hand. "Ayame... Its not your fault... what happened to you was awful and its okay to be nervous when men see you naked... But know that... As long as I am here... I will make sure that no one will ever do that to you again..." Anna pauses for a second. "If you ever have to get examined again... just call me down, alright?"

"Thank you Anna, I will, its just...I wish I wasn't so childish." Ayame keeps her head down. "Then maybe people wouldn't be able to take advantage of me so easily."

Anna gives Ayame a hug. "Don't think like that alright..."

Ayame starts to sob, not hugging Anna back. "Th-there...is (sniff) something I didn't tell you. Something that happened to me (sob) the other day."

Anna gets a concerned look on her face. "What happened? Did someone hurt you?!"

"I...I went to the labs to see if I could g-get a closer look at the aliens, a-and a man there said he could help me. I...I didn't want...I wasn't going to trust him, but he said he knew you, and that you wanted a piece of the chrysalid armor, and he would get it for me." Ayame gives Anna a pleading look. "I'm sorry. I didn't...(sob) I didn't tell you because I knew you'd be disappointed, that you'd tell me I should never have trusted someone just to get s-something for you. I'm...I'm so sorry."

"Ayame its alright... Mistakes happen... I'm not mad at you..." Anna hugs Ayame a little tighter. "You couldn't have known that he would try to do that to you..."

"i swear I didn't know what he wanted from me, and when he told me, I tried to leave, but then he got aggressive." Ayame rubs her wrist lightly. "I-If Colin hadn't been there, I don't know..." She bursts into tears, and thrust herself at Anna, burying her face into Anna's chest. "Oh Anna, why am I even here?! I'm so stupid! How am I supposed to protect you, protect the whole world, when I can't even protect myself from some random pervert. I always need someone else to protect me; you, Colin, that nurse! But everyone I try to protect ends up dead! I'm so useless!"

Anna slowly runs her fingers through Ayame's hair. "Of course you belong here Ayame... I think that you belong here more than I do... I mean what am I? I'm an engineer who can't hit the broadside of a barn, has no combat experience whatsoever, and one who can't even build things anymore..." Anna sighs. "When I get out into the battlefieldI'm going to need you to protect me... I think that you are more than capable of doing that... You're a great shot, a martial arts expert, and you've killed before... I think I'm going to need all the help I can get..."

Ayame looks up at Anna, giving her a weak smile. "Thank you, Anna. You always know how to make me feel better. Since the day you saved me in that alley, you've always been there for me."

She wipes the tears from her eyes, training to regain her composure. "But, maybe I'm not the only one underestimating themselves. I've watched you at the range, and you are much better then when you got here, better then you probably realize. And I know you are upset about engineering, but maybe it is for the best. I talked to Zhang, just to make sure he understood you had the best intentions, and he assured me he only had you removed so you had time to train without overworking yourself, and lets face it, that's exactly what you were doing." She chuckles slightly. "You could almost say he cares about his his troops, but is too much of a man to properly show it. I guess working for the Triads doesn't prepare you for this line of work."

Ayame wipes the last of her tears away, and gives Anna a serious look, gripping her hand. "But please, tell me if you aren't okay. You made me feel better, and I want to make you feel better if you need me to."

Anna looks down at the floor for a minute. "Ayame, I'm going to tell you something okay... After I tell you this... can you promise not to worry too much?"

"Uhhh...I'm a little worried by the way you said that...b-but I promise I'll try."

"Those nightmares I've been having... They're getting worse... Its just the same dream but worse and worse every night... I never told you what was happening in the dream either..." Anna pauses for a second. "In the dream... I'm runningaway from that Cryssalid thing... its chasing me across rooftops... Eventually it... gets me... When it does everything goes black... then all of I sudden I look like the Cryssalid... I jump off the rooftop onto what looks like an X-Com soldier and I... I Tear his throat out... After that is when I wake up..."

Ayame tries to hide the worry in her eyes. "W-what...what do you think it means?"

Anna lets out a long sigh. "I think it might be some sort of... premonition... But I'm not sure..."

Ayame sits in silence, at a loss for words. After a solid minute, she finally says, "If you don't think I should worry, I'll try not to. But maybe...I can..." She reaches out a gently grasps Anna's head. She pulls her close, and presses their foreheads together.

Anna weakly pushes Ayame away. "Ayame... I don't like you like that... I'm sorry..."

Ayame giggles lightly, flashing a smile. "I'm not trying to kiss you, silly. I'm just trying to take away some of your sad thoughts. It's something my mother did for me whenever I had nightmares."

Anna chuckles a little bit. "Oh, I'm sorry! it just looked you were!"

Ayame places her head against Anna's head again, and closes her eyes. "My mother would tell me, 'if we put our heads together like this, and I think of all the happy thoughts I can, they'll go in your mind and push out the sad thoughts'. When I asked her if she would get the sad thoughts, she said, 'its okay, because my love for you is too strong for them to be a burden'."

She falls silent, seeming to concentrate. After a minute, she pulls away, opens her eyes, and smiles. "So, do you feel any better?"

Anna looks into Ayame's eyes. "Yeah... Yeah I do..."

"Good. Now I promise I'll try not to worry if you promise to keep me informed about these nightmare. Deal?"

"Deal...Oh... Can I talk to you about one more thing that happened on my way here... I swear it won't be nearly as worrying."

"Of course."

"Well, when I saw that you were finished with your exam, I went upstairs to look for you... While I was walking, I saw this guy eating lunch out of the corner of my eye... He looked exactly like Marx... When I went back to see if it was really him he was gone... Do you think I'm going crazy worrying about him?"

Ayame gives a cautious smile. "Of course not. You have every right to be worried, and it's only natural to see him. I used to see my sister..." Ayame's smile falters, but she smiles brightly again after a moment. "Besides, you introduced him to me once, didn't you? If I remember correctly, he was a respectable man that even impressed me. Definitely someone worth worrying about."

Anna smiles. "Thanks Ayame... You always make me feel better." She sighs. "That American... Axton was his name... didn't think I was really cut out for field work... and in a way I agree with him... But I'm willing to do anything that needs to be done to help this project succeed... the entire world needs us..."

Ayame's eyes narrow a bit. "Yeah, I've had dealings with him as of late, too, and I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says. Very flippant, that one. How about you and I head down to the range, and we'll show everyone, including yourself, how much you've improved?"

"Yeah...that sounds like a great idea."

Ayame takes Anna by the hand, and the two exit together.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Memory Log 2

My life as a child was miserable... the only time that would change is when my Aunt would arrive, and with her would be my cousin Marx.
Now Marx was a shy kid, he didn't really have any friends, so when he would come over to my house we would do nothing but play.

Marx was born in 1984, so that makes him five years older than me... But... When he was born the doctors diagnosed Marx with a Very rare disorder called Congenital Insensitivity to Pain or CIP this disorder causes him to not be able to feel any sort of pain... Because of this he often got himself into dangerous situations... I remember my Aunt telling me a story where Marx had gashed his arm playing at school but had not realized this until hours later when he passed out in his home from blood loss, she told us of other times when he a stuck his hand on a hot cooktop for three straight minutes and gave himself third degree burns.
But the scariest thing that happened to him because of this disorder was when he was Twelve, He always told me that he wanted to be able to feel pain so badly, he told me that everyone called him a freak, so one day he couldn't take it anymore... while My Aunt and Mother were talking in the living room Marx snuck into the kitchen and in a desperate attempt to feel some sort of pain, slammed a Meat Cleaver into is face as hard as he could... after it didn't work he pulled it out and walked into the living room with a massive cut from his eyebrow to his jaw... They immediately rushed him to the hospital, when we got there the doctor said that there is only two reasons he is still alive, the first was the fact that he is only twelve and didn't have enough strength to cause the cleaver to go through the skull, the second reason was the fact the cleaver was very dull, My mother didn't have the money to buy the tool required to sharpen it, so she would always just buy a new cleaver. Good thing she got lazy and decided not to go to the store that day isn't it?

After I turned fourteen I never really saw my cousin again... we made sure to send each other letters though, we would send one letter once a week... every week after that... he never did tell me why he didn't come see me or even where him and his family moved... but every week there was that letter from Marx telling me that he was fine, that he loved me, and that misses me... so I always sent letters just like that back to him... he did that up until now of course... I haven't gotten a single one of his letter since I joined X-Com...

God... What could've happened to him...

*End of Recording*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Surveillance Recording #4453-0555342

X-COM Gym/ Fitness Center

Aaron is seen sitting on a bench against the wall, tears falling from his eyes. He holds a waster, and taps it on the floor every once and a while. Ayame Kasagi walks in, and Aaron turns away, seemingly hoping to be left alone. Ayame stops when she sees Aaron and turns to leave. However, when she notices Aaron's tears, she turns back, and slowly approaches approaches Aaron, her eyes darting between him and the waster. Aaron says nothing, breathing heavily and gripping the waster tightly, making it creak.

As she slowly approaches him, Ayame hesitantly places a hand on Aaron's shoulder and asks, "Do you...do you want to talk about it ?"

"There's nothing to talk about," Aaron responds, "They are dead and i couldn't save them. That's it, Ayame" Aaron looks up at Ayame with eyes begging to be saved, for some measure of comfort, some ground to stand on. "You know what sucks about being so big?"

"What?" She asks sympathetically.

Aaron looks up, his eyes bloodshot. They hold all the rage he has in his heart, but they melt and give way to surrender. "You have this feeling of invincibility, and when you get hit you, realize you bleed and it hurts so much, just cause you weren;t expecting it. I can't believe i honestly didn't think this could happen."

Ayame stands silently for several moments, searching for the right words. "I...I know what you mean. You take them for granted, thinking they will always be there. But when they are gone, all you can think about is how much time you could have spent with them, and how you should have been able to protect them."

Aaron just stares at Ayame with a confused look on his face. "You seem to know me pretty well. i doubt even Stevie could have figured me out like that." He looks forward. "When he showed me your bio, there was only stats and skills, but when we fought, you were so much more than that. You were rage and passion and fear all mixed up. You've lost more than your fair share of people too, haven't you?"

Ayame's eyes briefly flash deep sorrow before returning to sympathy. "Yes, I have. I lost my mother, my father, and my four siblings all at once. Then the love of my life, the person who completed me, was cruelly taken away just as we were getting close. So I know how you are feeling, the torrent of negative feelings ripping at you like knives in your soul."

Aaron looks at her, smiling an off-sided grin. "I hate that that happened to you, but I'm glad there is some one who understands me. "Aaron moves to give her a quick hug." Aaron wraps his arms around Ayame. Looking a bit panicked at first, she hesitantly hugs him back, squeezing him tightly.

After a few moments, they release each other. Ayame gives Aaron a nervous smile, saying "Now do not get the wrong idea, understand?"

Aaron stares at her for a second and then falls on the floor, laughing. "HAHAHA, that's not gunna happen, don't worry."Aaron wipes his eyes and stands up, asking her, "You wouldn't mind beating the shit out of me again, would you?", twirling the waster in his hand.

Ayame smiles and fetches a bokken. "It will be my pleasure." The two exchange blows, the match more friendly then last time but just as intense.

After a few minutes, Ayame gives Aaron a serious look, and says between blows, "Now listen, people are going to tell you not to be upset because it will not bring them back. They are wrong, because pushing away your emotions will only make it worse."

They take another few swings at each other. "They will tell you not to be angry, but they are wrong, because you have every right to be pissed."

The two lock bladeslock blades. "Worst of all, they will tell you you are being selfish, because you should be thinking about the whole world, but they are wrong, because the people closest to you are your whole world."

The two break apart. "Never let anyone try to hinder your grieving. Just know that I will be here if you need someone to release some aggression with." Ayame stands ready, waiting for Aaron's next move.

Aaron contemplates the words spoken with such bare truth while having an his over head slash blocked. "True words, "He says with a grunt, commencing a flurry of strikes. Ayame takes a chance on his recklessness and strikes his midsection. "Ughh" The wind knocked out of him, he takes a deep breath and stands tall, re-centering himself. "You know, I was losing all faith in God, then this happened, and I felt the only person who deserved my anger was him. He strikes again and again, each blow blocked by the smooth grace and speed of Ayame. "I don't understand how this brought me back to him." He side slashes and breaks Ayame's bokken. He swiftly grabs a new one and throws it to her. "What happened to you after you lost them all? How did you deal with it?" He strikes gentler, but keeps up his speed.

"I never had time to grieve for my family when they died." She answers, struggling to keep up. "My uncle pushed me to train so hard, and he punished any sign of weakness. It wasn't (ugh) it wasn't until I was fourteen, seven years after I lost them, that Elizabeth, my first real friend, was able to convince me that I shouldn't hold it all in anymore. (Uhn) I think I cried for a week straight after that, but luckily, Lizzy was there to help me through it."

After half an hour of talking, slashing, and blocking,blocking both individuals drip sweat and breath heavily, both utterly exhausted but not calling it off, circling each other slowly. "(Huff) So, how are things going with your Russian (Huff) lady friend?" Aaron asks, making a stab, forcing Ayame to bend back.

"She (Huff) she's doing good. I'm working on convince...(Huff, Huff) convincing her she doesn't need to work in engineering to make a difference here." She makes a swipe at Aaron, grazing past his midsection. "What about you? (Huff) How is your group of friends doing?"

Aaron does a low kick and swipes his sword at Ayame's midsection, swiping under her agile jump. "Stevie, Colin and John are all nice (Huff) Axton...I almost [blocks Ayame's snake-like strikes] dropped him when he spoke completely out of turn."

"Heh, from (huff) what I've seen of him, he could use a good (ugh) drop." Ayame suddenly springs forward with a yell. She leaps in the air and brings her sword down hard, barely being blocked by Aaron. Ayame gives Aaron an intense look, before falling to her knees, exhausted.

Aaron drops his sword and lays flat on the ground. "Holy hell, that was awesome" He raises his hand shakily. "High-five? And hell yeah, I think I may ask Zhang to let us have a boxing match." He breathes out for a while. "I think I'm just gonna sleep here for a moment.. . . . . Ayame . . . . . thank you so much . . . . .. . huffmmmmm" He closes his eyes and smiles, because for just a moment, he had forgotten, and he had pure enjoyment. Ayame can only nod, herself drifting off while kneeling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.