X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

John is currently walking down the halls of xcom.

"So I Just sent Colin's stuff back to his family...and it got me thinking. Why are the others here fighting the aliens when we're most likely gonna lose? They could enjoy the time they have left, after all nobody would blame them. Honestly I couldn't see a reason for a long while, but then It dawned on me. I think the people aren't here because they think we can win, they're here because they think we must win. I guess I should probably think like that too. heh, you never know it might be good for me. John signing out"

The footage then cuts to John sitting excitedly in the armoury with the laser rifle in pieces on the table in front of him. The melodic tones of dance music are apparent from a small radio in the room.

"So I finally got my hands on the new rifle, and I didn't think I'd say this, but she really is something. The rifle just burns through flesh like it isn't there, and the fact its an energy weapon means if you miss it's your fault. Though that's not to say it doesn't have its problems, the first being the amount of heat it generates. Now with conventional weapons the barrel will get hot enough to warp with constant fire over the course of several hundred, if not thousands of rounds. This rifle on the other hand will be red hot over a couple bursts, literally. Mind you I suppose it doesn't matter since we don't exactly go on missions for an extended period of time at any rate."

"However apart from the barrel, the rest of rifle is a dream to maintain. The whole shooting a beam of light thing means that there are a lot less moving parts to clean and check for wear. And the because the techs have kept most of the lenses contained, dirt can't get into where the...uh round would be chambered? laser is created? Well where the business happens. Also since I assume the barrel is gonna be replaced every mission we're not even going to have to worry about maintaining it."

"Unfortunately getting used to shooting the thing is going to take some practice. I spent most my time trying to forget to compensate for recoil, and bullet drop over long distances. And since we only have like three or four of the things, actually practicing with it is going to be hard. However I managed to make some crude practice 'weapons' by bolting a laser pointer inside the barrel of some our conventional firearms. They wont be perfect for simulating the new guns, but they will work to teach the other recruits to stop compensating for recoil and round travel time among other things. Well, at least until more of new rifles are produced anyway."

"heh. I hope the techs produce new weapons, testing them like this reminds me of old times. Anyway, John signing off."

Dahlexpert

Surveillance camera recording

Shooting range 0300 local time

Axton puts his drawing of Anna's face on a shooting dummy,OK time to see if can do this,Axton turns on the firing range causing the dummies to move,Axton fires eight shots and then stops the machine.OK seven dead aliens and a miss let me try this again,Axton fired four shots at the picture two miss and the other two hit the aliens picture. This is gonna be harder then I thought.

Axtons other half appears in front of Anna's picture.Wow your a terrible shot,come on just kill this women just like you killed hundreds of others,Axton shoots the vision of him self next to Anna's picture,Relay your not gonna kill me that easily.I no and I have a theory about you,see I never had a split personality disorder,but I do get angry but not that often so I got to thinking and I figured out that you are apart of me your my anger your years of anger that I kept dormant from my child hood all the way to now.

Axton other half starts to laugh.So you figured it out Hugh, Well good for you but you still cant shoot this women,no matter what you think you can never shoot that girl because you care about her. Axton reloads his gun and shoots the picture of Anna.What how did you,true I care about Anna which is why realize when the time come she would not want to be one of those,and that is why when she gets bit again I will put her down and as for you,go back to giving me nightmares and reminding me that i'm a person.

Axton's other half faded away,Sigh Axton looks at Anna's picture,I never thought it would come to this sorry Ayame.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Booker Conan
Current Rank: Major To Colonel
Mission Name: RE: Cold Palace & Enduring Line
Mission Objective:
RE: Cold Palace

• Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Enduring Line
  • Place the transponders on the train
  • Once the transponders are in place, activate the train's drive control system
Kills This Mission: RE: Cold Palace - 2, Enduring Line - 4
Total Kills since joining X-COM:27 Dead

Promotion:Sniper Class - Awaiting Promotion from Council.

Got out of medical and i have been sent back to France because we forgot some tech. I did not get to see and sent to R&D then we were sent to China to use a train to sent a virus on a battleship class UFO. I was having a flied day being on top that train and snip some thin man and the brutes aliens, but lost Colin by a thin man's crack shot.Poor way to go and i think the commander forgot a barrel and now i have been promotion to Colonel,now awaiting word from the commander still i hope i get a nice helmet i been asking and can't wait for my next mission.

Last edited:

Aristeus

Name: Jorn ´Juice´ Lemonade
Current Rank: Cpt.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 14
Total missions in XCOM: 10

Audio Log #11:
Another sad day. Could I have saved them? Probably not. I hoped that presariov would be the last one I would see dying with my own eyes. And now again, two lives take away from me in front of my eyes. I'm taking the lives of aliens too, I know but, we are on the defencive.

I asked to get one of the sectoid heads. They asked why. I said "To keep as a trophy." They didn't think the reason was good enough, I knew that but it was worth a try. Il try to get one a other way. My office is almost done, it looks pretty nice. And I've been training Colum pretty well, he is doing really good on the field. And I haven't seen a lot of people that came to me for anything, get the feeling that I'm being kinda ignored, besides the usual guys I talk with.

But man.... Rex and Joel. I will miss you guys. You guys were some pretty awesome colleagues. Rest In Peace, both of you, I...no WE will win this war, and end this. Il make sure your deaths will not be in vain! *Jorn sighs*

It's pretty cold here, I should go to my room, or train some more. Jorn Lemonade Out.
--] End of log

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Journal entry 22#

So we lost to other solders today, and it seems like the aliens are finally taking us seriously and it seems that there gonna be bringing there A game.Man we are losing a lot of people lately and it looks like Anna was right we are gonna lose a lot of friends on this mission,man We lost Joel his death was the commanders fault and was complete bull shit and we lost Rex Rumbler who was our second best medic on the team so aliens are relay cracking down on our forces and we need to improve on out tactics.

But the main reason I'm making this journal is because,I finally got my letter from command,it basicly it says says i'm gonna be going out pretty soon maybe the next mission, so i'm excited and a little scared,ugh scared I have never been scared in my life but after seeing so many of our men dead it kinda got me nerves,But on the other hand I finally get to do what I came here to do. And that is to fight a new enemy that no one in my family has ever faced before,and that is my main reason for coming here and can't WAIT to get my hands on these on these alien bastards.

End of log.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Booker Conan
Current Rank: Colonel
Mission Name: Defiant Bell, Broken Gaze
Mission Objective:

• Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Kills This Mission: Defiant Bell - 3, Broken Gaze - 3
Total Kills since joining X-COM:33 Dead
Promotion:Sniper Class - In The Zone

I finally got called by the good commander Odd and said i was getting In the zone. I am not sure if i am getting a helmet after what happened in Broken Gaze, but i am getting ahead of myself. In Defiant Bell the team got to try out from R&D Carapace Armor, it was time to sent new snipers on some missions with me. So Commander Odd sent Daniel and he tried to get a promotion but only had one kill, but i hope he does better next mission.

(Sigh)

Broken Gaze dear god. What happened Joel was killed by poison gas and Commander Odd made a mistake sad there, also almost shot from a muton if that what R&D say. Got Rex not me and i was right next to him. i hope R&D can improve my sniper gun i think it is losing it kick and also a helmet that all i am saying.

P.S i was the leader of Broken Gaze i did my best out there as team leader but i hope i did good out there.

Last edited:

Rosen0x5

Name: Lt. Rex Rumbler

Death messege:
Hey Pa, I know this letter wont make you jump from joy but it was comin from a mile away. I doubt you'll take it very well, and it aint your fault, I should have been more careful on the field. I dont care what you did to those arseheads to owe them money, but this envelope also holds all of the saved up money I had from X-com. I wont be needin it where I am now. I'm with Mom now. It will be enough to pay off your debts, all of them. I was happy do die for you Pa, even if it meant selling my life to someone, to my commander... for you and your debts.

Doubt my body will make it in time for the funeral, I've heard what they do to the bodies here.... but if they think they're sticking a needle anywhere in me, I'll come back from the beyond and stick that same needle aswell as my fist RIGHT UP THEIR A.....*Static*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log

As the video comes to life, the image shows the memorial. The camera is placed on a small table, and we see Ayame kneel down, placing her hands together and closing her eyes. After a minute of silence, she opens her eyes and smiles. "I'm sorry it took me so long to visit, Colin, but I think I'm doing better now. Anna and Persephone gave me some great advise, and I'm going to make sure I keep you in my thoughts. I'll always remember what you did for me, and that there are some decent men out there."

"Rex...I didn't know you very well. Um...I don't think we ever shared words. But I want you to know, you made this organization proud. I'd say we're lost without you, but I'd like to be more positive and say we can't lose now because of the damage you did to the aliens in the short time you were with us."

Ayame reaches to her side and picks up a combat knife. She examines it for a few moments, then says, "Joel, I'm...I wish...we had more time. If I hadn't already made a fool of myself drinking for Colin, I'd likely be doing so for you. We had so much more to talk about. So much more to share with each other. After you brother's fiance.....after you lost her, you were so distraught, I empathized with you, and wanted to help you. I guess I missed my chance. I'll remember what you taught me about fighting, though, and I hope we can have that rematch in the next life."

She takes the knife, and drives it into the table next to several empty bottles. She clasps her hands together again and sits in silence for another minute, before finally standing up and grabbing the camera, switching it off.

Altaranalt

*Writing a letter*

"Dear mom, James en Suzanne,

I'm not sure how much of this letter will get through, but I thought it was important I'd write you after what happened today in the field.
I was meaning to write earlier, but... y'know how it goes. I've been send out on my second mission a few days ago. I think I'm doing well. My shots hit their mark, I don't cave under stress and I work well with Jorn and Big Farmer (Yeah nobody really knows his real name I think).

The real reason I'm writing though is because of last mission. Having been shipped out a few days earlier, the commander concidered sending out the same team as before, only changing his mind minutes for launch. Resulting in me sitting this one out. A few hours later I received word of what happened on the field. [Censored] more soldiers are now dead. Not sure how it happened, but I heard a [Censored] got them.

If I wasn't sure someone was looking out for me before, I know now. Still, I can't shake this feeling that maybe it should've been me out there. We lost some really good men and I feel as if it won't get any easier from here on out. Besides that I'm doing well. I hope you guys are safe.

With love,

Daniel

p.s. Commander still pronounces my name as OODWATER rather than OUTWATER haha!

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
[The following was a collaborative effort between Sharkdragon96 and ZombieSplitter53]

X-COM Shooting Range
1345 Hours

Ayame Kasagi stands at a booth alone, shooting at targets as the pop up with a laser pistol. She looks down at the weapon, seemingly impressed by it. Persephone walks in wielding a laser riffle. She notices Ayame and tries not to get her attention. She takes aim at one of the dummies but completely misses. "Crap!"

Noticing Persephone's exclamation, Ayame looks at her, then immediately looks away. She fires a few more shots, her eyes continuously darting towards Persephone as Ayame's aim suddenly goes from dead-on to terrible. Persephone looks hesitantly towards Ayame and sighs. "You know, I was almost tempted to drink out of that bottle and join you when you offered it to me."

"W-Well, I'm glad you didn't. We didn't need both of us acting like idiots." Ayame puts down her gun and hesitantly walks up to Persephone. "Listen, I'm really sorry for my actions. They were shameful, to say the least. I only hope I didn't say anything to ruin our friendship."

Persephone sighs again. "Nah, nothing THAT bad, but...How much of the other night do you even remember?"

"Well," Ayame thinks for a moment. "I know I was rude to both you and Anna, and I was acting like a fool. I know I said something to you right before I passed out, but I can't remember what it was. What exactly did I say?"

"Allow me to paraphrase! 'I'm so attracted to you, I may not have much experience, but I could make you squirm with ecstasy more then that pervert from the labs'." Ayame's face turns beat red. She stammers, trying to find something to say, but is unable to. She makes for exit, apparently attempting to escape her embarrassment. "Look, don't get too upset. You were drunk, I'm not angry with you. I'm just...I don't know."

Ayame stops, and gives Persephone a curious look. "What is it?" She walks up to her, and looks her in the eyes. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm just thinking that the idea of you having those kinds of feelings for me is extremely dangerous here!"

"What?" Ayame looks at her in confusion for several moments. She then hangs her head in defeat, saying, "Of course, how stupid of me. Its just like Anna. I should have been more careful." She reaches out and grasps Persephone's hand, her eyes filled with worry. "I just want you to know, I don't mind if you don't like me like that. I don't expect you to have feelings for a woman. I just hope I didn't embarrass you too much, and that we can still be friends."

Persephone puts a hand on Ayame's shoulder. "Hey, none of this is your fault! If we'd met under any other circumstance, things would probably be different between us, if that makes you feel any better."

"I...I don't understand," Ayame asks. "D-does that mean...you...like women? I mean...in that way?"

"Not exactly. I'm Pansexual, so technically I'm not really attracted to either gender."

"Oh," Ayame says, disappointment in her voice. She releases Persephone's hand, saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so presumptuous. I just thought I might have found...another person who might..." She shakes her head, and says, "I should have known better to think I'd find lo...I'm sorry, I have to go." Again, she makes for the exit.

"Wait a minute," Persephone yells after her, "just because I can't be attracted to you for being female doesn't mean I can't be attracted to you at all."

Again, Ayame stops short of the door. She spins around and rushes over to Persephone, asking, "Then...does that mean you are? A-Attracted to me, I mean? B-Because if that really is what I said the other day, I meant it." She blushes slightly, adding, "O-Of course, I would h-have said in a much less...perverse way, h-had I been sober."

Persephone smiles. She proceeds to walk over to Ayame and give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm not saying yes or no just yet, but if we both end up getting through this alive...Well, we'll see what happens, I guess."

Ayame beams, her smile from ear to ear. "I...th-that...I-I..." She clears her throat, taking a moment to regain her composer, and finally says, "Sounds like a plan. I would like that very much."

"Good." Persephone lifts her rifle and says, "Now, why don't you grab your gun, and we'll practice together" Ayame nods, grabs her laser pistol, and takes the booth next to Persephone. The two practice for a half-an-hour, hitting the bullseye on nearly every target. Ayame keeps the smile on her face the entire time, even when she misses. When they are finished, the two exit together, walking side by side.

Meaningofbread

Diary Logs of Anja Kjear

flipflipflipflip

Operation Cold Palace:

Another day fighting for this accursed hellhole. At least we seem to be making some due progress. We were called back to France to recover some important information. As it turns out, a branch of the triad had manged to lodge themselves into the Lille area, and had some knowledge on EMPs and Jammers. We had to retrieve the information which had been stashed into a warehouse. I hope the information will be used well.

flipflipflipflip

Operation Enduring Line:

I guess you could call that a succsessfull mission... All the transponders were placed and the train was set on it's destination. We lost another man to our extraterrestial foe though. The entire crew seems to be incredibly distraught over the loss. No offence meant to anyone, but is this not what we signed up for? Everyone on the front lines seem to be more and more likely to die. I know he had a lot of friends around base, but isn't this to be expected? Anyone fighting right now seems to be a placeholder everyone behind us. Otherwise we lost 3 more countries on "The Doom Tracker". It seems that now that we have lost three, there is 3 less to give our attention to. I hope the C.O can handle the responsibility of...

flipflipflipflip

Operation Defiant Bell:

This one seemed to be much easier than the others. Our most formidable foe, the muton, was dealt with handily as we swept up the rest of the sectoids that we littered about, like discarded candy wrappers. I have received another promotion, for doing absolutely nothing. I barely even got a look at the grey little midgets, before the mission was over. All I heard were explosions, sniper shots and plasma. Oh well. Better something than nothing right? I got stuck with a regular assault rifle rather than one of those fancy new laser rifles, but it doesn't really matter to me. I never even popped a shot off anyways. Speaking of shots....

flipflipflipflip

Operation Broken Gaze:

FOR HELVEDT. Yes, we managed to assault the craft. Yes we managed to clear out all hostiles. Those deaths came out of no where. We were so tightly grouped up, we took so much damage. 2 Deaths. I am now the highest ranked support, and I feel that I will be used much more often on missions. Not much time to write more, for I feel I need to ready my room (which has been empty so far) for the newcomers who are becoming rookies...

SLAM

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Captain Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills- 14
Missions- 9

I didn't get to go on any of the missions but I'm glad I wasn't at Broken Gaze where I hear that Joel died purely through an error made by the Commander and Rex just got blasted in the face by one of those mutons. I heard that the ship we shot down was quite big so it would have made sense to send some more experienced soldiers "cough" "cough" and its because of this that I am very pessimistic about the Commander, I mean does he realise that little blunder meant that Joel's family will have a lifetime of sorrow (Don't know if he had family). I got my armor fitted because I don't think there are many 6'6 soldiers at base but it will get pretty hot in there but anything is better than dying well except a lifetime of torture. I have prepared a small private speech for our fallen comrades.

Rex Rumbler, our second best support on the team and you definitely deserved it and just so you know that if I had died before you, I would be comfortable knowing that you were our leading support. We didn't talk much but from what I heard, you were a pretty nice guy and I wish we would have spent some more time together.

Joel Freeman, I didn't know much about you and I still don't but I needed to know was that you were a great sniper and I think that the Commander is truly sorry for your death the most and with that I wish you the best in heaven (hopefully not hell).

The deaths we have experienced will certainly take a toll on the soldier's moral and with the new recruits coming in, the atmosphere will be very dark but remember that no matter where we are destined at the end of this war, you will know that your efforts truly helped XCOM and the world.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 11

I've been doing a lot of thinking since Colin's death... Colin was a great guy... he considered me a friend long before I considered him one... He helped Ayame and Seph with that nasty court case... He had a Wife and Child at home which are all alone now... I've drifted between Anger and Sadness since he died... Now, after we just lost two more soldiers in the field... Joel and Rex... I don't... Feel Anything... Am I a monster for not feeling even slightly sad anymore? Or is it that I have come to the realization that feeling Sad about it will only make me Sadder when the next comrade dies?
I'm not even sure I should make figurines for them... If we keep losing people at this rate my Knife will break long before this war ends...
But I promised myself I would... So I made a Dinosaur for Rex, and a White Cross for Joel...

Perhaps that talk with Axton yesterday is the reason I am feeling so bad today... He told me that... if I ever turn into one of those Monsters... That he'll put me out of my misery before I hurt anyone... I would rather die than hurt anyone of my friends...

Enough with the sad talk... I got this strange letter... Says it's from the Russian military and it has my old ID number on it... so it has to be for me...
it says that I know who the sender is... Could it be Marx? I don't know anyone else who sends letters anymore so... it's likely...
Whatever this Letter is about I realized the only way to find out is by speaking to the messenger... that voice seems so familiar... and that fact that he knew the reason I joined X-Com... I realized that I had to find him... I looked all over the Base but I found no traces of him...

I just came back to my room a minute ago, Ayame was so worried because she had not seen me all day... I simply told her I was... Thinking... and I hopped on the computer and started writing this...

I guess I may as well end it here... Hopefully I'll cheer up in the morning...

*End of Log*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
[The following was a collaborative effort between AaronBryant and ZombieSplitter53]

Ayame sits in the Officier Training School, a tired look on her face. She has her notebook open, but seems to be looking through it. His first morning out of the gym had been troublesome for Aaron. Dr. Faye had asked that he try and go to the officer training school due to his empathy and general compassion. It was like dropping a ton of bricks on his head. The mental stress was unbearable. Aaron had never been much of a book learner, learing more through practical application rather than study. That, however, was very little compared to the social stress he was experiencing. Having spent the past two months every morning in the gym and talking to little other than Ayame and Stevie had made him very skittish around others. He knew that recovery was important, but in this moment he needed a source of strength. How funny that he should find it in one so small.

Aaron spotted Ayame, and spoke softly to her, noticing the tired look and the concentration in her eyes. "Hi, Ayame." He gently sits himself next to her. "What are you studying?"

"Hmm?" Ayame snaps out of her daze, looking at Aaron, then back at her notebook in confusion, as though she hadn't realized it was open. "N-nothing, really, just tactics against the new aliens." She puts her notebook down and gives Aaron a concerned look. "How are you doing? Are you feeling any better?"

"I'm....." He sighs deeply. "I'm slowly getting there. This is the first time i didn't spend all morning exercising, and not socializing .If, you know, going to school counts as socializing?"

Ayame smiles. "That's good to hear. But you look a bit undernourished. Did you want to get some lunch?"

"What? ...I...I guess I haven't been eating as much as I used to. I'm kinda nervous. Thanks for looking out for me, your kinda like the sister I never had. Only a lot shorter." He smiles at her in a Cheeky manner. Ayame rolls her eyes, but keeps the smile on her face.The pair exit the training school and make their way to the mess hall. They receive their meals of what resembles salisbury steak and take a seat across from each other.

Noticing Aaron's nervous look, Ayame says, "I understand that this might be hard for you. But socializing is the best thing for you right now." She smiles, saying, "I'll tell you what; if it'll help, we can talk about anything you want to talk about, no matter what. So, what did you want to talk about?"

Aaron calms down and looks to be thinking. "You know you're really important to me, right?"

With a nervous smile, Ayame asks, "I-In what way?"

"Definitely not like that. Like i said before, you're like a big sister." Aaron cuts into his "steak" and bites, chewing and swallowing quickly. "I would do just about anything for you! Which is why I want to know...I know it was very hush hush, but did some creepo scientist try and do something to you?"

"Y...yes, he tried to...'invite' me into his r-room." Ayame looks down, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, why are you ashamed? If i know you at all, you didn't let him do a damn thing! You're to strong for that...you didn't let him do anything, did you?" Aaron chews on a hard piece of grizzle, too caught up in Ayame's answer to spit it out.

"No, b-but not because of my own strength. Colin was able to stop him before anything happened. I am afraid when it comes to...those situations, I turn into a frightened child."

"I noticed you're not very comfortable around guys." Aaron looks a little confused. "Did the same kinda think happen when you were a kid?"

"I...when I was a ch...child, I witnessed my mother...and my sister...and two years ago, when I was eighteen, th-three men g-got m-me drunk...and..." Ayame shudders, and keeps her gaze towards the floor.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry. i didn't mean to make you upset; that was really dumb of me, ahhhh." Aaron puts his palm on his forehead. "At least this time they got rid of the guy. I heard about the trial and his discharge. I'm glad he won't be around any more."

"Its okay. You didn't know. And at least something came of it. I came to respect Colin after he helped me, and two years ago, I came to adore...I mean, my friendship with Anna started when she saved me from those men."

"I know its probably not my place, but I've heard how you talk about her, and i have seen the way you look at her. You love her, don't you?" Aaron looks at her with comforting conviction.

Ayame looks at him in surprise, then smiles softly. "I don't know way that surprised me. It isn't like I even hide it." She chuckles lightly. "Yes, I am definitely smitten with Anna. Is...is that okay? I understand people with strong Christian beliefs usually take issue with it."

"Those people may believe in God and Christ, but they are definitely not what a Christian is supposed to be. No human born of man is without sin, so its not right for me to judge, and even if it was, you're a good person. I wouldn't judge who you were based on the people you want to be with. Ha, so the short answer is yes. I wish you luck in that regard!" Aaron finishes his steak, beginning to work on the green beans. " You know what i really miss that i could really use?"

"What's that?" Ayame starts working on her food, trying to catch up with Aaron.

"A Portifino Cigar and a bottle of scotch. I have not been able to get a hand on some hooch since we got here, not that i need to get drunk, but it would have been nice a few times." Aaron twirls his fork in his hand, and starts thinking about Weger. "I miss Colin, there are so few people like him."

"Yeah, me too. I-I mean about Colin, not the alcohol. I had a bit of that after Colin died, and made a fool of myself in front of my roommates." Ayame sighs deeply. "Colin was special to a lot of people. He was the kind of person that could bring a smile to anyone's face." She smiles weakly, saying, "But Persephone told me Colin wouldn't want us to be broken up over his death, and Anna said that, as long as we remember the good times with Colin, he'll always be with us."

"True, but don't forget what you said to me. Grieve in the way that suits you, otherwise you're not really grieving. But if remembering the good times is how you will truly feel better, then i agree with it." Aaron smiles, "The last thing we talked about was me forgiving Axton, which i feel I'm called to do, what with him heading to the front lines so soon. I don't want regret to be in any part of my life." Aaron sighs, finishing his plate.

"Yes, that would be for the best. Nothing is more disheartening then losing someone while on bad terms with them. Look at how hard Stevie took his loss, all because he feels there was more he should have said." Ayame takes her last bite. "I had a word with Axton about his unfair words to you, though he seems to be a very, very stubborn man."

Ayame sighs, seemingly lost in thought for several seconds. Finally, she says, "I wonder...is it my place to give others advice when I am so young and there is so much I fail to understand that others find so obvious." She gives Aaron a hesitant look. "Can...can I...ask for your advice on something?"

Scratching the back of his head, Aaron nervously says, "Of course you can, I'm an open boo,k Ayame!"

Ayame thinks for a moment, trying to choose her words carefully. "Hype...Hypothetically speaking, say there was a...guy. Lets call him...um, Andy. And Andy was friends with a girl...named Alice. And after a while, Andy really starts to like Alice, then love her, but she can't love him back...for a reason that isn't important. Andy is disappointed, but he still wants to be friends with her."

"Then, Andy makes friends with a new girl, named...P, P, um....Pennie. And after a while, he falls in love with her, and this time, there is a chance she might love him back. The problem is, even though they will probably never be together, Andy is still in love with Alice, and he is afraid that, if her goes after Penny, he'd be betraying Alice."

"W-What...what do you think...A-Andy should do?"

Aaron stares at Ayame for a second, and quirks his eyebrow at her. "Well, I was once in a similar boat, very similar to Andy's Maybe not exactly the same, but more or less close enough, I was really stuck on someone, and they said no. Its kinda like tunnel vision, when you're walking through the forest. Sure there are some really beautiful trees that you can focus on, but you're not enjoying the whole picture! My point being, I one day stopped focusing on one person for a second and realized that there was someone else who cared about me the way I care for them. That was how I met my fiance. So "Andy" should not get so stuck up on one person if they know it isn't going to work. Especially in our situation, where "Pennie or Andy" may not be around forever." Aaron gives a slight chuckle "is that helpful for yo- I mean Andy." Aaron grins very widely.

Ayame thinks. "Yes, I...believe so. Um...so you don't think, she...he, um Andy wouldn't be betraying Alice, would he. Do you think Alice would understand?"

"I think Alice would want this for Andy." Aaron chugs his water. "Especially if Alice was truly a friend to Andy."

Ayame smiles brightly, saying, "Yeah, you're right! I mean, she has always been so understanding, and always wants what is best from m...him. Thank you, Aaron. That really helped. Do you...you don't mind if I eat and run, do you?"

"No problem...Andy."

Ayame flashes a smirk, and giggles softly. She stands up, and with a wave, she takes her leave.

Last edited:

Brycart

Joel Freeman Death-Log

A camera flickers on; Joel sits in a chair with a faint frown on his face.

This is addressed to Ayame Kasagi and her alone. If somebody else is watching this, I ask you to stop now and give this to her as soon as you can... or I'll haunt you. He shrugs and gives the camera a small smirk. Now then, Ayame, you can share this with anybody you wholeheartedly trust, but I would prefer you restrict it to yourself.

Okay... He sighs. I'm not sure what to say Ayame; I've never been one for goodbyes...I guess... I wish our relationship wouldn't have ended so quickly. I... um... we had so much more to talk about. I'd never thought I would meet another person I truly wanted to call a friend after my brother died, and then you came along: a devilish young Asian woman with a short stature and a temper to match. He laughs, but after a moment his face is slowly drained of humor. Funny how those things work out... I wish you the best, you deserve it. I could see in your eyes you've been through so much and I would hate for it all to have been for nothing. Just... don't do anything I wouldn't do? Sarcastically, Hmph... yeah...

"Death is the enemy. I spent 10 years of my life singlemindedly studying, practicing, fighting hand to hand in close quarters to defeat the enemy, to send him back bloodied and humble, and I'm not going to roll over and surrender." I can't seem to remember who said this; I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but I finally see what he meant. I've spent so much of my life dealing with death, fighting its effects. My parents, my brother, his fiance, my oldest friends... everywhere I turned people I cared about were stripped away from me without warning, taken by some enemy I couldn't face. I suppose now I get my chance: I can look death in the eyes. I don't know if some horned devil will be coming for me or a black-cloaked reaper, but whatever the case... whatever force arrives to seize me... I'm gonna fight it to the bitter end. He laughs.

One last thing... he gets up and grabs an envelope. Please send this to Johnathon Wolfe; his address is written on the front and I've already sealed it. He flips the envelope over, confirming both. It holds something very important to him and I could never forgive myself it it fell into the wrong hands. Now, I will say this one more time... if this is not Ayame Kasagi, and you have continued watching to this point, I am warning you to give this to her immediately, or, if she is unable to receive it for whatever reason, send it to Wolfe as soon as possible. If you do not, I guarantee you he will, upon learning of my death and still not being in possession of the items this envelope contains, hunt whoever possesses them, find you, and kill you. Joel gives the camera a stone-cold look. I will not hold it against you if you refuse this task, it is your choice and your's alone.

I think that's all... Joel thinks a moment, pondering if he has missed anything. I hope you'll keep practicing, Ayame, because I'm gonna be waiting for that rematch and I don't want you going soft on me. A grin spreads across his face. And uh... take care of that roommate of your's. He winks and shuts the camera off.

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Journal entry 23#

The camera shows Axton sharping a knife.You no my grand father told me at a very young age."Axton he said in your life your gonna have some good days and your gonna have some bad days,and on your journey your gonna make some friends and some enemy and when the time comes you will get married and have kids on your own,and one day if your as lucky as I am you will have this talk with your grand kid,but the most importantly have fun in your life because you only have one life don't wast it."

And you no what my grand father was right,my hole life i'v been doing nothing but kill,don't get me wrong I have don't regret what I did to hundreds of criminals but. Axton stops sharping his knife,I have an opportunity to end our family legacy all I have to do is kill one alien and I am no longer a hunter,I kill one alien and my family will talk about me for generations to come and no one will top me,which means.My kids will not be bounty hunters or Assassins,kill one to save generations of my people,and if I die ill die happy.

Dahlexpert

Memorial surveillance camera recording

1325 local time.

Hay Colin it's ugh it's been a while,Axton notice a cross with Colins family on it.Well I see some one put a very holy picture of your family on here.Well Colin i'm finally going out and I really wish you were here,I could us some one I can trust to tell me what i'm up ageist here.

Axton sits on the ground and cross his legs,Colin before I go into battle I want to tell you one last secret about me you need to no. Axton pulls out a old wedding ring,remember when I said I was never married well that's true but I was engaged once,her name was Jessica she was a bounty hunter just like me she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen but she took a job that was to big for her and got her self killed sigh any way Colin even though your dead I feel like your the only one I can tell this to.

if I tell Aaron he will ask me "well if that happen to you why did you call me a bitch".And Ayame will try to guilt trip me in to apologizing to Aaron which will never happen, and Anna......well i'm not sure what she will say the point is I want to say thanks Colin for all that you have done for me,and if I die ill be sure to visit you first then go to my ancestors well good by my friend ill see you soon.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log [Translated from Mandarin]

Ayame has the tired look she has had for weeks, though she appears more content then usual, with a small smile on her face. "As the weeks pass, each quicker then the last, I fear how we will win this war. However, I must stay confident, if not for my sake, then for the sake of those we have lost."

"The aliens just get stranger and stranger." She chuckles. "Somehow, I doubt the little grey guys we first encountered are from the same species as the tall guys that killed Colin and Joel, or the brutes that got Rex. It makes me wonder how they are connected." She thinks for a moment, slowly tapping her finger. "Could they....Could they be part of some...I don't know, like a galactic organization of...planet...um, stealers. Like intergalactic pirates. Because I swear, if I see one alien transform into a giant ape, I'm gonna lose it."

Ayame looks over to her left, slowly reaching over and lifting an envelope. She holds it up to the light, saying, "You know, Joel, you didn't...you don't really know me. What's to stop me from opening this up, if not to keep what's inside, then to at least see what is in it, simply for curiosity's sake?" She smiles evilly for a moment, then lowers the envelope and says, "Calm down, Joel, I'm just kidding. I would never betray your trust like that. After all, what kind of person would I be if I betrayed one of the few people who have ever put their trust in me. Once I'm finished with my log, I'm heading straight to the mailing room. I just wish I could deliver it in person."

Ayame puts down the envelope, and sits quietly for moment, thinking of what she should say. She turns around and looks at Persephone's bunk. "Its odd to think that I could find someone I could care for as much as Persephone in such a place like this, though considering the circumstance in which I met Anna, I guess it isn't that surprising." She turns back towards the camera. "W-When she told me what I said in my inebriated state, I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. But to learn that she might return my feelings..."

Ayame giggles, shuddering in delight. "I-I...ahem...I have to restrain myself. Persephone said we might have something, and it would have to wait until after the war, but...I mean, I don't want to scare her off by being too clingy, but...I don't know, maybe if can show her I can make her happy, and that she can "risk" not waiting...." She giggles again, a big grin on her face. "I just wish I could talk to Anna, but I don't know how open Persephone is with her sexual preference, so I'm afraid I'm on my own with this one. At least I'm not too worried about Anna being upset anymore, thanks to Aaron."

"Hmm...speaking of Anna, she seems awfully preoccupied lately. Not that I blame her, of course. It isn't fair, really. I mean, constant nightmares, the alien attack, constant trips to the med-bay, and some weird guy who I swear is following her. Why..." She frowns, sighing deeply. "Why does all this crap keep happening to her? And that doesn't even include the things that happened to her before she met me." She shakes her head, and puts a determined look on her face. "I need to go find her right now and see if she needs my help with anything! I know she thinks she is burdening me, but she needs to know I'm there for her!"

Ayame quickly stands up and exits the room. A minute later, she returns with an embarrassed look, grabbing the envelope and turning off the camera.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(Excerpt from Civilian Diary, Translated from [XXXXX], May 28th, 2015)
(Censored for Security Reasons)

Dear diary,

Remember that test I was so worried about? Well, I got a 96. Teacher said it was the greatist highest in the class. [XXXXX] was super jelous jealous. Guess I showed him girls really are better at math. I told him, maybe I can give you some lessons. He got really mad and ran off. [XXXXX] told me I shouldn't expect him to go along with our bet, but his pouting for the next week will be good enough.

I showed Mama, and she said she was really proud of me. She said I take after daddy, but I think it comes more from her. Daddy was yelling at Mama again yesterday. Something over about a letter she sent that he said was stupid. When he gets mad like that, Mama tells me to hide in my room, cover my ears, and hum to myself, but I wish she could hide with me.

He was yelling at her before about the monsters, saying they were not real, but the news says they are, and my schoolmates says they are. They say they came from the stars, and are hurting people and breaking everything. I even heard that one of there their spaceships crashed in [XXXXX], and a camper saw a bunch of army men show up in a big plain plane, but [XXXXX] of them died. Mama tells me [XXXXX] is watching over me, and won't let anything happen to me, but I'm still scared.

I wonder who the army men are. Maybe they are like those [XXXXX] movies from [XXXXX] (don't tell Mama I saw the first movie). I wonder if they have super powerful teknol guns. I wonder if they have super memory erasing things. I wonder if there are any giant, killer bugs. I wonder if there are any girls in there their group. The movie only had one cool girl, but she didn't get to do anything, and [XXXXX] told me she isn't in the second movie. Daddy says girls should never hold a gun, but I think he is wrong. Maybe they will let me join, but I think I am too little to fight alien monsters. Maybe in a couple years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.