X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zain Shah

From - Zain Shah
To- Chief Medical Officer Richard Picardo

I don't mind the check-up but is everyone on base having one or is this for a selected few.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
From - Zain Shah
To- Chief Medical Officer Richard Picardo

I don't mind the check-up but is everyone on base having one or is this for a selected few.
The doctor has requested this check-up in response to recent actions that have made us worry about your mental wellbeing. This is for your benefit, I assure you.

Jessica Chambers, Project X-COM Medical Staff

Zain Shah

Captain Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills 14
Missions 10
Support

I didn't get to go on the small scout mission but Booker told me there were only 5 aliens and they were all low-class aliens. The Commander also decided to invest lots of money in the Officer Training School which altogether means a stronger team and it helps the active rookies see what class they are. They also taught us (higher ranking officers) how to potentially change a lethal shot into an almost lethal shot and if we can actively employ this technique, we may start to experience less deaths. We also improved our medical facilities which helps us to recover approximately at 200% of the current rate but it would have been better if this had happened earlier so that Jorn could recover faster.

I received this letter from this Richard guy from Medical telling me to get a check-up, it could have been the doctor that treated my injuries but I guess I'll go, not for myself, but for them so that they can have their satisfaction of knowing that there is nothing wrong with me. I do hope they think that someone else here is also mentally deranged so that I'm not the only one. I still have that cocaine, even though I regret taking it, I still think that feeling when you take it amazing but I have gotten rid of it, I put it in bin, in the Cafeteria; I hope that no one finds it because I am already involved in a lot of drama around base.

Jasmin Lebed Video log 2

The camera turns on as Jasmin grunts a bit of pain "I hit my leg while exploring the base, lord knows what hit it. I did take some basic painkillers, but that doesn't seem to help, perhaps I'l get it checked up later. About my day, well I heard from captain Anja a bit, she says she'l try to arrange me moving over there. Thats great news! I've allready packed my stuff. I can walk with this leg, I might have just hit the nerve and thats why it hurts like hell, I hope it gets better by the morning, I really don't want to miss my morning jog in the gym."

Jasmin looks over at her stuff then back to the camera. "I still have to take my time to get to know everybody, but everyone seems nice, I was taken in with warm hands and welcomings. From what I notice women are in few, that does not really surprise me, it seems that military training just ain't the thing for most. So many names I need to learn, I wrote down some of them, I still have to learn the name and the person. I've heard many things of many people, particulary I've heard of exellent sniping skills on a couple of persons but I'm not one that really says these things in public so I'l leave the names out. Oh well, rookie Jasmin Lebed signing out." Jasmin reaches for the camera, hitting her knee on the desk as she loudly grunts in pain yelling "GOD DAMMIT!". The video log ends to her grunt.

Last edited:

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between Zain Shah and Frostlich1228

Zain was walking in the corridor when he suddenly noticed a tall women walking down the corridor and recognized her from her picture Ayame's and Persephone's room. "Er.. Hello miss ..." Zain uttered, waiting for a response.

Anna gives him strange look. " Stone... Is there something you need? "

"Ah, Anna Stone, I have been told by your roommates that you would like some training so would you like some training?" said Zain with smile on his face.

" What kind of training exactly? "

"Well I'm a support so the best training I can give you is medkit training, is that something you are interested in?" asked Zain

" Fine, I don't really have much else to do today... "

"Alright pay attention." Zain snapped his fingers as Anna didn't seem enthusiastic about the offer. "A medkit contains essentially a temporary recovery drug which help's you get better for the duration of the mission but chances are you will still be hospitalized when you get back to base." Zain looks at Anna, who is finally listening attentively, and asks her if she wants some cover practice as well.

" Sure, But I didn't think you needed practice to hide behind a wall. "
Anna says with a slight smirk on her face, Pulling up a chair and sitting down.

"Ah, see that wall can save your life." Zain lightly laughs. "Taking cover is important for staying hidden and for avoiding shots." Zain takes a chair and puts it directly in front of Anna, "Alright hide behind the chair as best you can."

" Alright then... "
Anna gets up and crouches behind the chair trying to be sure that none of her body parts are exposed.
" Here, How's this? "

"Not bad." said Zain, quite impressed with Anna's skill. Then Zain walks over to Anna, grabs her shoulders and turns her so that her left shoulder is pressed up against the chair, "Keep your shoulder against cover at all times so that those aliens find it a lot harder to hit." Another thought arises in Zain's mind, "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

Anna Stands back up.
" Not at all. "

"Well hypothetically speaking, do you think that if you lose a really close family member, you have less to live for?" said Zain subtlety hinting at what had happened to his sister.

" Yes... I've lost all my family Members... All but my cousin... And I think that I have less to lose than a lot of other people here.. "

Zain contemplates for a few seconds then says "Yeah, that's what I thought." Zain smiles and continues afterwards "I'm pretty sure you already know that something is going on with me so I'll just say it..." Zain closes his eyes for 5 seconds then says "You see, our first terror mission was in London and it just so happens that my sister was in London at the time and the aliens got her, they F*CKING GOT HER!" Zain angrily slammed his fist onto a table and then starts cry heavily.

" Oh... I'm sorry Zain... "
Anna looks down at the floor.
" I don't mean to pry... but... Do you have any idea what got her? "

"It was one of those sons-of-bitches they call Chrysalids." Zain's eyes filled with anger "If we capture one of them alive, it won't be alive for long." Zain starts to calm down "I'm sorry, I can get quite carried away."

" One of those things did a number on me you know... Cut me up pretty bad... "

"Wait, How? You haven't been on a mission yet, have you?" said Zain looking very concerned.

" Actually, one of the bodies they brought from the field wasn't dead... When it got up... I was in the wrong place at the wrong time... it did a lot of damage to me... I was in the hospital for about a week... "

"Oh, wow." Zain was shocked that Anna had spent nearly as much time as him in the infirmary. "You know they can turn people into zombies, I'm glad you didn't turn," Zain smiles at Anna.

Anna looks at him sadly.
" Yeah... I'm glad too... Did you ever find out if that happened... to your sister? "

"I didn't even know until now, I think that XCOM buried the bodies so once this war..." Zain stops and corrects himself "if this war is over, I'll have to find out where she was buried." Zain seemed to be a lot more comfortable talking about her.

" I'm so sorry for your loss Zain... I know losing loved ones can be hard. "

Zain simply replies with "Yeah." Zain looks at the nearby wall clock and says "I'm sorry to leave but I have to meet someone else." Zain waits for Anna's goodbye.

" You be careful out there Zain... We don't need to lose anymore people... "

Zain smiles and then hesitantly puts his right hand out for a handshake as he has a bandage over the whole of his right knuckle.

Anna puts her hand out and locks it with his, shaking up and down.
" It was nice meeting you Zain. "

Zain nods in pain and walks away, once he is out of Anna's sight, he shakes his right hand vigorously and whispers "ah f*ck."

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 13

Well another few missions down and more deaths... That's all the past few weeks have been Death, Death and more death... Axton is finally in the field... He seems happy about it... Does he even know the danger? Does he know he could be melted at any minute just like Caesar? He might just be suppressing it... I think that's what they all do...

I made a Figurine for Caesar and put it up on the wall... it's a Scorpion, I don't know why I chose a Scorpion... It just... Seemed right...

They saw another new alien today... Well, not a new alien so much as a New Class of an Alien we have already seen, It is a Muton in big bulky Crimson Armor with these Razor Sharp Blades on it's hands... Dr. Vahlen assumes it is some sort of Melee fighter considering how it tried to get as close to our soldiers as possible... It didn't seem to care much about its own well being, it just sort of ran into our soldiers and got destroyed... What did they do to this thing to make it care so little about it own life? I really hope we don't go down a road like that to win this war...

I had a talk with Zain... Apparently his Sister was killed by a Cryssalid... He said he didn't know if she became a Zombie or not... I didn't say this to his face but... I think that turning into a Cryssalid is better than being Melted into goop by a Ball of Plasma... They are just so Beautiful... Majestic... You may be thinking that I am Crazy for Admiring them after one of them almost killed me... But, Like a Shark attack Victim going back into the water, I seem more interested in them then ever before... and I don't know why...

Anyway, on brighter news, We have a new soldier on base, A Girl named Jasmin Lebed... I want to introduce myself to her as soon as possible, We women need to stick together after all...

This seems like a good place to end my log... I need to go down for my check-up in a few minutes...

*End of Log*

Dahlexpert

The fallowing was made incollaboration between Dhalexpert &ZombieSplitter53

Accessing Medical Files...

Select File...

Accessing Personal Medical Records: Video Recordings

WARNING

The following files contain confidential medical information about X-COM staff. Access to said files is restricted to individuals with Medical Clearance of Level Four (4) or higher. Violation of this restriction will result in immediate disciplinary actions, including but not limited to immediate termination from Project X-COM.

Please Enter Password...

Accessing...

Please Select File...

Accessing File #AVD7785-151112

-------------------------------------------

Axton Van Dam sits alone in a examination room, waiting for the doctor.

YO are there any doctors here, damn docs are gonna call me in and not show up on time,were the hell are they.

A young and chipper nurse walks in, an apologetic look on her face. "Sorry, Mr. Van Dam, the doctor is just a bit behind schedule because of our most recent casualty. I can get you started, if you'd like?"

Axton sees the look she is giving him, Axton takes a deep breath and says.Don't worry about it OK and fine we can get started.

The nurse smiles, and takes a seat at a computer. As she brings up Axton's file, she casually says. "I saw your first mission. You handled yourself pretty well, even if you didn't get any action. I heard they even promoted you without even getting a kill. That's impressive."

Yea it was pretty short,and yea i'm a little mad I didn't fire my gun but I got some experience out of it,and i'm not gonna complain about getting a promotion for doing nothing especially since it's the class I wanted.

The nurse nods in agreement. She types for a few more moments, then turns to Axton, saying, "Alright, everything is set up for the doctor, so it should go a bit quicker for you." As if on cue, the doctor walks in. "Thank you Jessica, I'll call you if I need you." The nurse nods, and gives Axton a quick wave before exiting.

The doctor sits at the computer, saying, "I appologize for the delay, Mr. Van Dam," in a rehearsed tone of voice. He lifts a personal recorder, saying, ""Chief Medical Officer Richard Picardo, Project X-COM Medical Staff. July [static], 2015, Two...forty-four p.m. Medical examination of Axton Van Dam, Project X-COM soldier, Rank: Squaddie. Subject is twenty-six years of age, male, and Native American . Mr. Van Dam, do you have any health concerns you would like to note before we begin?"

Axton sees an image of him self next to the doctor.of course doc he is a trigger happy nut.who enjoys killing. Axton says to the doctor,define health concerns.

The doctor shrugs. "Anything you fear will lessen your performance. Sour throat, itchy eyes, sharp pains, depression, schizophrenia, chest pains, etcetera, etcetera. "

No nothing, like that but I do from time to time start to hallucinate.

The doctor raises an eyebrow, saying, "Hallucinate? Would you like to elaborate?

Well, for about a month now iv been seeing another version of my self,and he is very aggressive and dangerous,and this never happen to me before,but I figured out that it came form all the sectoid corpses that we had,it must have mess with my mind a little bit,but i'm better now.

"I...see," the doctor replies, jotting down a note. "So you believe it was all thanks to the alien's psychic influence. Are you positive? Is there any history of schizophrenia or insanity in your family?"

AXton starts to think about his cousin scarlet.
Nope.

"Alright. Just make sure to report this if it comes back. You wouldn't be the first soldier to feel the aliens, even the dead ones, are affecting you." The doctor starts typing on his computer. "Mr. Van Dam, are you currently taking any drugs, medical or recreational?"

No, and I have never experimented with them ether if you were gonna ask that to.

"I was. Do you smoke or drink?"

I quit smoking five years ago,but I drink from time to time,but when I drink I don't drink to the point were i'm shit face,and stumbling every were.

"Don't get shit-faced, I'll make a note of that," the doctor says sarcastically. He hits a few more keys, then walks over to a scale. "Mr. Van Dam, if you'll please step on the scale..."

Do you need me to strip and if so my under wear stays on.

The doctor rolls his eyes. "Mr. Van Dam, I'm a doctor, not a lecherous pervert. Besides, this is just a basic examination, that won't be necessary. But if I could burden you with removing your shoes, I'd be deeply grateful."

Right sorry but I kinda hesitate around people with lab coats,especially after what happen to my friend. Axton takes off his shoes.

The doctor speaks into his recorder as he measures Axton. "Patient is...approximately 200 lbs, and...five foot eight. Body Mass Index is...30.4. Mr. Van Dam, you seem to be in good shape, but keep an eye on you weight. It is a bit high." He motions for Axton to return to the examination table, and reaches for a scope. "So what happened to this friend of yours to make you uncomfortable?"

Axton sits on the table, so what now your gonna check my heart beat or something.

"That's the idea." The doctor uses the scope to examine Axton's eyes, nose, throat, and ears. "However, the main reason I called you in today was for your mental health. I'm a medical doctor, not a shrink, but I'm the closest thing to one on base...unfortunately." He examines Axton's wounds. "You've healed up nicely enough. These injuries seemed self-inflicted, though, and you never gave a decent explanation for where they came from. Do you have one now?"

Axton gives the doc a very angry look,Did Zhang put you up to this,is this his way of trying to get information out of me,since is sorry but couldn't get any info out of me the first time.

The doctor shakes his head in frustration. Raising his voice slightly, he says, "Van Dam, I am a doctor, and it is my job to assure the health, and the safety, of everyone on base. If there is any cause for concern, any reason to believe you lack the mental fortitude for the field, I need to know, especially considering we just lost a man because he panicked. I am not here to hold you back, but quite frankly, there is a distressing amount of self-mutilation going on base."

I'm gonna something my mental state is no bodes concern,I mean hell I joined this project voluntarily,so clearly i'm crazy for joining this project but ,if think i'm gonna go crazy every time we loose a man,then I would have been lost it,so again my mental state is none of your business.

The doctor's voice raises to a yell. "I didn't call you in here to remove you from the field, but if you're going to be difficult..."
The nurse walks into the room, shouting, "Doctor! What did I tell you about yelling at your patients?"

"I don't need you starting with me, too, Jessica. I'm getting enough trouble from him!"

The nurse rolls her eyes and angrily points at a chair by the computer. The doctor sits down and turns towards the computer. The nurse walks up to Axton, sitting in a rolling seat and gently saying, "Mr. Van Dam...Axton. Can I call you Axton?

Axton looks at the nurse,and says.Yes mam you can call me by my first name.

The nurse smiles. "Well, Axton, you can call me Jessie. Now, the doctor is a brilliant man who cares deeply for his patients. But when it comes to relating to them, you'd think he was a machine." The doctor grumbles. The nurse chuckles, adding, "In fact, he once asked a young woman with a fear of men to disrobe without thinking she might have a problem with it. You'd be a surprised how much geniuses can lack common sense."

Yea,he may need to check up one some of his,human manners,and it dosen't help the fact that I don't like doctors.

"I understand," the nurse says, placing her hand on Axton's. "But understand, he is only worried about you in his own weird way. So if you could just assure us that you're okay upstairs, we'd appreciate it. We're just worried you'll hurt yourself again, and that worry comes from not understanding how you hurt yourself in the first place. Do you understand?"

Axton looks down at the grown and releases a big sigh,"OK the yes the wounds on my hand are self inflected wound,and the reason I cut my self was to manly cleans my blood of any evil."

The nurse and doctor exchange a nervous look. "Axton, how often do you need to do this? Is it some kind of ritual?"

Yes it is a ritual but it is rarely done in my family,we only do this if we believe it is serious and it's manly done to make sure we don't lose our selves to our madness,or become murderers.

The doctor speaks up, saying, "And you did this ritual under the belief you were in danger of losing yourself to this madness, but you now believe you were actually being influenced by he aliens. I take it this means you won't be doing this again?" The nurse gives Axton a hopeful look.

Yea I won't be doing this again,now that I no it was the dead aliens that caused me to go insane,Axton returns a hopeful look to the
nurse,and I promise to never lose my self again.

The nurse nods. The doctor types on the computer, saying "Very well, I'll update your mental status on your file to show you are fit for duty. However, I will again ask that you report any problems if your hallucinations return. Agreed?"

Axton sees a wight figure next to the doctor,ou don't worry doc ill make sure my dear husband keep his mind in check,won't I my dear Axton.
Axtons eyes start to wide open and he start to scream out of fear, NO NO NO NO NO NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!

Dahlexpert

[part 2]

The doctor springs to his feet. The nurse places her hands on Axton's shoulders, fantically saying, "Axton, what's wrong? Speak to me!"

The ghost women appears right next to the nurse." yea Axton aren't you happy to see me again""
Axton shakes his head and,says to the nurse,I....I just saw my dead fiance just now.

The doctor heads for the door, saying, "I'll be right back, Jessica. Please try and keep him calm."

The nurse grasps Axton's hand, saying, "Its okay, Axton. It isn't real. Just focus on the sound of my voice. Everything is going to be okay."

Axton see a small child on the floor.the ghost lady says to Axton. see this is what you could have had if you did not let me die.
I did not kill you you took the contract and I told you not to take it,but you ignored me and did it any way,and guess what I avenged your death so why are you here.

"Axton, please look at me. Feeding into it will only make it worse. Try and maintain your sense of reality."

Axton starts to here the nurse,ugh Axton looks back at were he last saw the ghost,Axton starts to breath rapidly,that...what just happen.

"You were having a hallucinogenic episode," the doctor says, walking in the room. He places a bottle on the counter, and lifts a syring, saying, "This is a mild sedative. It'll help you calm down."

"what did you just put on the the table, and what is that,you have".

"Amobarbital. It will just calm you down. And the pills are Paliperidone. They're an antipsychotic medication that'll help stop these hallucinations, if for now."

Well if there gonna stop these hallucinations from happening then hurry up and give them to me.

The doctor injects Axton. He grabs the pills and hands them to Axton, saying, "take one of these in the morning, and one at night. You have a month's supplies. When you run out, come back and we'll reassess you."

"Yea great,hay are there any side effects to this,that I should worry about."

"Nothing that'll effect you on the field. Just let me know if you have any problems with insomnia."

Jessica grasps Axton's arm, saying, "Come on, I'll escort you to your quarters. You wanna sucker?"

Axton starts to laugh "no i'm and thank you for making sure I didn't fully lose it."

Jessica escorts him out, and the doctor rubs his temples, leaving himself shortly after.

james love

Name: James Love
Missions:1
Kills:1

[Recording start]
First mission report: I kept close to my squad and when i was given the order to, I went into for the kill and my years of military training shined through and i killed that alien bastard quick and effectively and after that I followed my squad and after all the aliens where dead we secured the area and left as the salvage team arrived and returned back to base.
[Recording end]

System access: Pending

Passcode: ********

System access: Granted

Download request: Enemy units
Download file to: PDA
Downloading***

System: shutdown

AaronBryant

X-Com surveillance Footage 83957-33312
Physiatrists Room Office of Dr. Faye
Current patient: RK. Aaron Justin Bryant

The door creaks open

Dr. Faye: Welcome once again, How has your long break from therapy been Aaron?

Aaron: Its been weird I Kinda missed our little talks.

Dr. Faye: Well lets get right back to it then. Your Friend Stevie Steve has recently been granted an Officers position what are your thoughts on that?

Aaron: Im . . . . Happy for him.

Dr. Faye: Mhm and why was your pause there so long? Please remeber Aaron this is for your benefit so be as honest as you can!

Aaron: Im jealous . . . . . .

Dr. Faye: Why?

Aaron: BECAUSE HE IS A CAPTAIN! and he was an apple techy. . . . I just dont get it. I was specially trained by the U.S. Marines the most elite force in the entire free world to be the most elite single man, high risk, high casualty, Combatantand yet all my training couldnt have prepared me for the Tech guy.

Dr. Faye: Have you told him how you feel?

Aaron: No, i know you think i should but damnit why would i ruin his moment of glory. I may be jealous but i still love the guy like a brother.

Dr. Faye: does he feel the same toward you?

Aaron: Im positive he does.

Dr. Faye: Then would telling him be so bad?

Aaron: No. . . . *sighs* Im sorry i yelled.

Dr. Faye: Aaron its ok yelling is health in moderation. Whens the last time you did something bad?

Aaron: I dont understand what you mean?

Dr. Faye: *tapping the eraser of her pencil on her desk* I mean like break a rule or do something that fun but you shouldnt?

Aaron: Ummm I . . . I cant remember. . .

Dr. Faye: If you could what would you choose to do?

Aaron: Dr. Faye i dont think me doing bad things would be . . good?

Dr. Faye: Do you trust me?

Aaron: Yea but i mean this seems weird. . .

Dr. Faye: Therapy can get a little strange sometimes. So what do you want to do?

Aaron: I guess get hammered. I havent had a good stiff drink in well since before i deployed here.

Dr. Faye: I suggest you get your self what ever your favorite poison is make sure you have a friend with you so you dont get to out of control and really let loose. It will be healthy for you i promise. Some times to keep our minds we have to lose them for just a little bit.

Aaron: If you really feel that way.

Dr. Faye: I do. Alright we had a great talk today Aaron and now you should be getting off to your bunk. I expect you to have been good and drunk by the next session Understood! *she looks at him sternly and says the line as though she was a comanding officer*

Aaron: Yess mame?

Aaron walks out looking confused. Dr. Faye bites her pencils eraser as he leaves.

Last edited:

AaronBryant

Audio Log 13

"Begin recording Audio log". "Alright so my head doctor told me to get drunk today. . . . That was pretty weird. However i will not argue with some one who is trying to put a drink in my hand. I gotta ask Ayame where she got her booze and hopefully i can find something like scotch or whiskey"
Aaron laughs. "hopefully I can get Stevie and Ayame to play poker with me, but we will need one more person cause poker sucks with just three people. Ok computer friend of mine its time to shut you off. End audio log."

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam
Sex: Male
Place of birth: Alaska
Nationality: Native American
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Weight 200 pounds
Tattoos: One on back,and a sleeve on his left arm
Eye color: heterochromia,(One dark blue, one ice blue)

The camera shows Axton swallowing a pile.Ugh goddess that taste terrible,man so today I visited the doctors office today and,they gave me these pills,these pills will stop the hallucinations iv been having for a while,so no more hallucinations that's all ways good.

So what else has been happening around the base, ou yea the skyranger brought some more recruits to X-COM,and apparently we have a new girl on base,I hope most of the men here learned to respect women,because if not then me and any one that disrespects her are going to no each other relay well.

Zain Shah

Captain Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills 14
Missions 10
Support

Zain turns on the camera and he puts on a disappointed face "Another rookie dead and he didn't even make it back from his first mission, he wasn't very talkative either so who knows, he might have a wife and children." Zain disappointed face turns into one of hope "We also had a new recruit come into base, Jasmin Lebed, but I'm not sure she'll even see some action but its nice to have more gender diversity and who knows, she may be willing to get some training done but she was kinda limping around so I'm guessing she has some leg injury." Zain looks at his hand and rubs the back of his head only to have him clench his teeth in pain "It's probably for the best that I didn't go on either missions again but I heard they saw a different type of muton, this one had a melee weapon but it could charge pretty quickly from what I heard and it can take shots like a tank."

Zain looks at his desk where he took the cocaine "I put all the cocaine in the cafeteria bin, hopefully no one finds it cos my fingerprints are all over it." Zain lets out a small chuckle "Who would even look in the bin." Zain checks the time on his desk clock "It's almost time for my examination, I'm really not worried, there is nothing wrong with me." said Zain arrogantly. "Better get their early" Zain stands up, turns his camera and walks out the door

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

John is currently walking around the corridors of xcom.

"Well...Martinez didn't last long. The poor bastard got himself killed on his first mission, It wasn't even because one of the new alien types caught us off guard. He just sort ran off into the gunfire... I didn't know you, but I hope your remembered for your help against the aliens. On happier news we got a couple of new faces on base that I will have to introduce myself later. Stevie also had his first mission and got himself a couple of kills. I got to admit I wasn't really convinced when he was promoted straight to captain, considering since he was an apple tech and all. But it appears he's better than he seems on paper."

"Speaking of superior officers, Zain has been acting really weird today. I don't know whats up with him exactly, but he seems more energetic than usual. I mean just a little while ago I could have sworn I saw him teaching Anna how to hide behind a chair as well just sprinting around base for a little while... Unsurprisingly, the sight of one our best soldiers going off his rocker is kinda unsettling for me. I mean if they're going crazy, then what abo-"

John quickly backpedals a couple of steps and looks into a bin.

"Hang on.."

He looks both ways down the corridor and checks the door to the canteen to make sure no one is going to turn up. He then rummages around in the trash, pulling up a brick of white powder.

"
What?....Ok, now I'm lost. Who in base has coke? Are they selling the coke? And most importantly, Who throws like a kilo of perfectly good coke into the bin?"

John tosses the brick over in his hands, noticing that it has been opened.

"...After taking one hit?..."

He looks both ways down the corridor again before stuffing the cocaine up his shirt. He unsuccessfully tries to stifle a quiet giggle.

"Well it doesn't matter who's coke it was anymore, It's now my bag of perfectly good coke"

Dahlexpert

Project X-COM science wing

1325 hours,after operation blinding sword

The camera shows Axton sharpening his knife near the science wing.

Axton see a few scientist bringing in a new alien,Becareful with that this alien ways a tone.

Hay do you guys need a hand with that.

No thank you solider were good but thank you for offering.

Axton sees the alien start to twitch,is it sapose to do that.

ou don't worry about it,most of the alien do this after death.

Relay. Axton remembers what happen to Anna,Well lets change that shall we,Axton puts his knife into the aliens neck,and thrust it into the aliens skull,Axton continues to thrust the knife through the alien until he finally decapitates it.There we go now it's dead.

the scientist give Axton a confused look,um thank you solider I guess.

Don't mention it,so can any of you egg heads tell me what this is.

This is a berzerker,a more aggressive version of the muton, we believe that this muton is consume by blood lust,and does not care for it's own life.

Axton starts to look at the berzerker,and says under his breath,so this thing is me if my blood lust ever consume me.

What was that solider.

Nothing, it was nothing,hay if you guys get any more information on this alien please tell me more about it,

um OK sir,um solider can you please hand us the aliens head.

Axton looks down at the head,ou OK. Axton picks up the aliens head and puts it back on the aliens body. There you go

Thank you sir.The scientist transport the dead alien in to the science wing.

Jasmin Lebed Video log 3

"Well this day wasn't exacly the most fun I've ever had. I went to the gym this morning, my morning jog wasn't very succesfull due to my leg hurting like hell. As I started limping to the hallway I stumbled upon Ayame. I owe Ayame a big one, she helped get to the medical bay, so that I could get my leg examined by the doctor. The doctor said my kneecap had been dislocated, so he fixed the problem. But I wish it would have been that damn simple... I'm not allowed to put allmost any preassure upon my leg now so I have to walk around with god damn sticks, inside of a military base! This is not fun at all, I got some painkillers to take whenever it hurts, but god dammit I hate walking around with sticks! I also heard of this guy called Zain offering some field training, gotta look into that after my leg is feeling better."

Jasming sighs heavily. "And my hell doesn't end there, now I have some encrypted old military files of my father to decipher, how fun that will be!" Jasmin sighs again heavily for her sarcasm. "I've been to the base for only a couple of days and I'm allready injured and am walking around with sticks! Oh boy! I hope I can start walking normally allready tomorrow becaue I really want to look into that field training, I'm allways up for some training. Oh well, Jasmin Lebed signing out."

So this here was made incollaboration beetween AugurOfRuin and ZombieSplitter53

Jasmin walks down the hallway from the gym cursing at her leg which is still hurting guite a bit.

Jasmin: "Damned leg, I couldn't even jog properly because of this damn thing"

"Are you okay," a concerned Ayame asks as she approaches Jasmin.

"Hm?" Jasmin looks at the person asking. "That depends on the point of view. My leg is absolute crap but otherwise I'm fine." Jasmin smiles at ayame as she stops on the hallway "But thanks for your concern".

Ayame: "Did...did you need help getting to medbay?"

Jasmin: "Well I wouldn't mind company and someone to show me the way, this base is so massive I still need to learn my ways around. I'm Jasmin Lebed by the way."

Ayame: "I'm Ayame, Ayame Kasagi. When did you get here?"

Jasmin: " A day or two ago I believe, haven't really kept the best track of time around here."

Ayame: "Yeah, its kinda hard to keep track of time underground. Have you been to the shooting range?"

Jasmin: "Yes actually I have, thats where I hurt my leg, lord knows into what. might have been a dull bullet coming with recoil from some metallic object, but ever since I was to the shooting range my legs been hurting like hell"

Ayame: "How about we hit the medbay. I'll help you walk." Ayame offers her an arm.

Jasmin: "That might be wise." Jasmin smiles and takes the arm. "Thanks Ayame, lucky me for meeting you here"

As the pair make their way through the hallways, Ayame asks, "So, where are you from?"

Jasmin: "I'm from Russia, you?" Jasmin answers straight and puts her question at the end smiling.

Ayame: "Oh, one of my best friends is from Russia. I'm from China, though my father was from Japan."

Jasmin: "Born in china, yet only half chinese. Thats fancy, my family ain't nothing special. My father was a high ranked army officer, never really asked about his rank. My mother is lord knows who and lord knows where. My father never spoke a word of her and she was not seen after my birth. According to what my father told me she never even got to hold me in her arms." "My father was K.I.A so as far as my knowbeledge goes I have no family left."

Ayame: "I'm sorry to hear that...I've lost my family too. My parents were farmers. They were both loving, but I lost them when I was seven. I had to live with my uncle after that, and that was...unpleasant."

Jasmin: "Well I can't exacly brag about my childhood being... Ideal for a growing young girl. You can imagine, a busy militaristic single father trying to take care of a daughter who he wishes to some day reflect himself. He brought me with him to the military base everytime he had to go, he left me there with just these words: "If I don't return by the sunset, take that gun on the table and run as far as your legs will carry you, then shoot up in the air as much as you have bullets, someone will find you. It can be an enemy, it can be an ally." and then he just left the room, leaving me there sitting alone for hours. This continued untill I was eighteen years old and was old enough to join the army.

After that I fought alongside him everytime he had to do his job. One day I was transfered to an entirely different base. No words were spoken, no reasons were given. Later that day I heard he was killed in action and the only words he ever spoke to me of love were his final ones: "Remember the sunset". So I sat down at the base, waited untill sunset and did as he had told me. I found out why he had told me to do so even after I had grown up, he was the only person who knew of a timebomb planted under the base I was transfered to. I was rescued by some military group."

Ayame: "Wow, how interesting. How did he know? Who planted it?"

Jasmin: "That I'm still investigating, classified files aren't the easiest of things to acces. I've been twisting guite a few hands to get those files, I'm planning on trying to decipher them tonight."

Ayame: "Did...did you need any help?"

Jasmin: "What do you mean?"

Ayame: "Um, well...I'm not good at deciphering things, but...I don't know. I was just hoping there was something I can do...to help my new friend. We are friends now, right?" Ayame gives a hopeful look.

Jasmin: "Of course we are!" "And what comes to you helping you've done enough by helping me to the sick bay, I can take care of the deciphering. I can't thank you enough for the assistance you've allready provided, so much pain saved from me thanks to you!" Jasmin smiles as she speaks her motivational words.

Ayame smiles brightly as they reach the infirmary. "Alright, we're here. Did you want me to wait for you to finish?"

Jasmin: "Its allright, mind staying here untill the doctor knows whats wrong with my leg?"

Ayame: "Of course!" The pair take a seat, waiting for a doctor to call them in.

Part 2: I decided to split this to make it a lesser wall of text ^^'

The doctor calls the two in, Jasmin limps without accepting anymore Ayames help.

Doctor: "Oh dear, whats wrong with your leg?"

Jasmin: "You really think I'd be limping in here if I knew?"

Doctor: "Of course, let us examine it"

The doctor carefully examines Jasmin's leg, making notes while hes examining it.

Doctor: "Where did you hurt your leg?"

Jasmin: "At the firing range, lord knows what hit it"

Doctor: "Well no lord is needed here, I allready know whats wrong with your leg."

Jasmin: "Well thats great, how about you share your info with us?"

Doctor: "A recoil bullet has hitten your leg and dislocated your kneecap"

Jasmin: "Can you fix it here and now or do I have to take some damned medical surgery?"

Doctor: "Well the procedure is very simple, there is two ways of treatment: We can put it back in its place in a surgery or then you can take the home treatmen and we will support it so that it will go back on its place on its own, the second option leaves less scars, so which one will you take?"

Jasmin: "Is there anyway of fixing it here and now? I mean I really don't want to wait for a god damn surgery, nor do I have want to spend weeks upon weeks in waiting for my damn knee to work."

Doctor: "Well there is an experimental way of getting it to slide on its place right here, it would not normally slide on its place on its own but I can create a muscle spasm that will cause your muscles to move in into position. After that all you will need is rest and painkillers."

Jasmin: "Umm how much will it hurt?"

Doctor: "Well it won't really hurt, but there is a chance of a more serious injury if something goes wrong, there is a possibility for a temporal paralysis to happen, which would reguire you to rest in a bed for a good while."

Jasmin: "I'l take my chances, just create the spasm or whatever so that I can be done with it."

The doctor takes something that looks very similar to a taser

Jasmin: "Really? You're going to use a god damned taser on me?"

Doctor: "Its not really a taser but this machine will run a small electric impulse into your muscle, causing it to feel like your leg would be made out of wood, as it won't move anywhere untill the small spasm is over. Ready? Here goes."

The doctor puts the taser like device onto jasmins leg and activates the machine, causing jasmin's leg to go instantly straight for a couple of seconds then relaxing again.

Doctor: "Try moving it around, how does it feel?"

Jasmin moves around her leg a bit

Jasmin: "Good job doc, you fixed my leg"

The doctor looks at Ayame

Doctor: "Could you perhaps help your friend to her quarters? She needs to rest her leg now and apply as little pressure as possible to it." The doctor looks back at Jasmin and says: "As for you, I will give you these painkillers, take one pill everytime your leg hurts, but at a maximum of three times a day, the knee can be painfull for the first few days of recovery."

The doctor puts the taser like device away and gives Jasmin her the medicine.

Ayame: " Should we use a wheelchair? "

Jasmin: "Could I just take the sticks instead of the wheelchair?"

Doctor: "Well, yes but-"

Jasmin rudely interupts the doctor: "No buts, if the sticks are an option I'l take em."

Doctor: "Very well then, wait here for a moment I'l go get you the sticks."

The doctor leaves the room for a bit, Jasmin looks towards ayame

Jasmin: "Thanks for helping me over here Ayame, your help is much appreciated."

Ayame: "No problem. I'm just happy you're okay. Does it still hurt?"

Jasmin: "Not really, just the muscles feel kinda weird after having an electric shock run trough em..."

The doctor returns to the room and hands over the sticks to jasmin.

Doctor: "I cannot set a timeline for your knee, but don't start with anything too rough to test it out with. You can try to begin by slowly standing up after a couple of hours. Allthou do take caution, even when the knee feels better, try not to hit it into anything. It'l take a day or two for the kneecap to properly set in its place. You can probably walk by the end of the day, It all depends on how well your knee feels and heals."

Jasmin: "Thank you doc, can I take field training like tomorrow or today?"

Doctor: "Light training like shooting or finding cover yes. Sprinting is absolutely forbidden. If you run and trip even by an accident, your kneecap will get worse and reguire a more serious procedure and surgery."

Jasmin: "Right, can I atleast take a morning jog on a treadmill?"

Doctor: "If you don't set the speed too high yes"

Jasmin looks at ayame and says: "Right, shall we go ayame?" As she hops on one leg taking support with her sticks.

Ayame: Ayame walks along side Jasmin, ready to catch her if need be. As the two exit the infirmary on route to Jasmin's quarters, Ayame cautiously says, "You...you don't seem to care for doctors very much."

Jasmin: "Lets just say that some medical personel in russia did some.... things, to me. Not that those persons live anymore, my father made sure to hunt down every single one of them. But I've seen doctors abuse theyr medical rights and privilidges in countless amounts of ways. Russian laws are just filled with pigholes, and the supervision of doctors is just god awfull in Russia. You just don't trust any doctors after living in Russia."

Ayame: "I'm...so sorry to hear that. I know what its like to lose your faith in people after...someone, or someones, do something bad to you. At least they were brought to justice, though I'm sure it does little to ease your mind."

Jasmin: "Well just beetween us, I've killed more doctors than I have soldiers. I was allways taught own hand justice. Goverment and law isn't too reliable way to solve your problems in Russia. You will most likely get away with own hand justice. You wanna talk about what happened to you?"

Ayame: "There isn't much to it. Some men got me drunk when I was eighteen in a bar in Moscow, they convinced me to follow them out back, and my friend Anna came to my rescue...but...but not before...b-before they..." Ayame falls silence, looking to the ground. After a moment she says, "It is...one of the main reasons I...have a problem being alone with men..."

Jasmin: "I see, hey look, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'l be there. You can allways come to talk to me, or if you have trouble with someone, just tell me and I'l be there to support you trough."

As they reach Jasmin's quarters, Ayame nods. "I'll do that, thank you. I'd like you to do something for me, though. Please promise me you'll be careful. Don't overwork yourself until your fully healed. Remember what the doctor said about making things worse. If you need any help, ask someone, or at the very least, tell someone to find me."

Jasmin: "I promise I'l be careful. You take care allright Ayame?"

Ayame: "You too, Jasmin." Ayame smiles and waves, taking her leave.

Jasmin smiles back, as she steps inside her room.

Dahlexpert

Memory log 4#

OK So I had another assignment,this one was in Afghanistan it was a hostage rescue mission.Now why will the u.s government hire a bounty hunter for this job, well most people in the middle east don't rely like Americans so that's why the military hire me for a rescue mission well if the middle eastern people try to say that america attacked,so and so america can say that they had no part in it because i'm not military.

Any way back to the job,there were four hostages three were people that were kidnapped,and the fourth was a ex special forces chick,so like all ways I had two ways of doing it,option one the run and gun option,me and my cousin scarlet go in with a assault rifle and shot gun and force our way in,and then theirs the second option,which includes going in at night and get the jump on them,which was the one I went wit,so the people that helped me for this one was my sister,and my cousin sly,now sly is just as good as my sister but hes good for small scouting jobs because of his training,hes more like a ninja then a assassin.

So we did the smart choice and went at night,luck for us for it was the night f the new moon,so we had the advantage with it being pitch black,so this is how the mission went down the military gave us night vision Gogols so we can see what were up ageist.

So we went to the mission site,and Ash got into position with her sniper rifle,sly was sent in to take out there lights,and I was right next to ash waiting for sly to take out there lights,after sly took out there lights, Ash shot the two guards in the front of the house,and after she did that her job was to make sure no on else comes in and if people came out if the were wearing a scarf on there head she take them out.

So I went in with sly,and after a few minutes of silent killing and some gun fire we saved the civilians and the special forces chick,after we liberated the camp we called in a chopper to take us back to base,and once we got back to base the solider who was captured she got an ear full from her commanding officer,which after he was done yelling at her she punched him in the face.and asked to join us to become a bounty hunter.

so we accepted her into our family and we asked her name and her name was, Jasmine stone.

Last edited:

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

John is currently sitting on his bunk, checking if anyone is there. Once he is happy that no one will walk in, John turns to the camera.

"Ok, so I didn't really plan this out...I somehow managed to walk through the halls of xcom with about a kilo of coke hidden unconvincingly under my shirt, and not get caught. But now what?... I have nowhere good to hide it for a start, and why did I even pick it up? I mean the reason I picked smoking back up was because I couldn't take whatever shit felt like anymore, and considering since i'm expected to go into combat at some point. Is it wise? It's not like before where I just sold guns, is it?... I supp-"

John quickly quiets down for second as someone walks by the door to the bunk room. After the sounds of footsteps fades away, John lets out a sigh of relief.

"
...Now where was I? Oh yeah, what to do with the coke. I suppose ill just hide till I can think of what to do with it, now where would be a good place? Under my bunk?..no, too obvious, Under someone else's bunk?..Nah, I'd rather not frame anyone if it got found. um, I guess inside my desktop? yeah, that sounds like a good place."

"huh. I used to smuggle and sell guns by the truck load for a living, but I can't think of a decent place to hide a bag of coke. Was I always this incompetent? Anyway John signing off."

John starts to move towards his computer but suddenly stops, after a short while he returns to the bed.

"
However...I don't think anyone is going to come in soon. And I don't think anyone will mind if I get high as long as I stay in here...Fuck it. It will only be a small hit and I'll be here."

John grins and moves over to small sound system, thumbing through the attached mp3 player until it rests at rhythmic beats of progressive house. He comes back to the bed and happily jumps on.

"
John Signing off."

Status
Not open for further replies.