Status
Not open for further replies.

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between Zain Shah and Zombie Splitter53

Accessing Medical Files...

Select File...

Accessing Personal Medical Records: Video Recordings

WARNING

The following files contain confidential medical information about X-COM staff. Access to said files is restricted to individuals with Medical Clearance of Level Four (4) or higher. Violation of this restriction will result in immediate disciplinary actions, including but not limited to immediate termination from Project X-COM.

Please Enter Password...

Accessing...

Please Select File...

Accessing File #ZS6863-74300

-------------------------------------------

Zain Shah sits in an examination room, nervously waiting for the doctor to enter.

Zain's keeps on staring at his knuckle as he is now sure why he is here. Zain's staring is interrupted when the doctor walks into the room.

The doctor takes a seat by the computer, giving Zain a forced smile. A nurse walks in a moment later with several bandages. As the doctor types, he says, "Good morning, Captain Shah. How are you feeling?"

"Alright, I guess" Zain replied.

"Jessica, can you examine his injuries?" The nurse nods, extending her hand towards Zain.

"They still hurt, so please be gentle" Zain reluctantly raises his hand towards Jessica.

The nurse carefully unwraps Zain's hand as the doctor lifts his recorder. "Chief Medical Officer Richard Picardo, Project X-COM Medical Staff. July [static], 2015,10:45 a.m. Medical examination of Zain Shah, Project X-COM soldier, Rank: Captain. Subject is twenty-six years of age, male, and British Pakistani. Captain Shah, as I'm sure you probably guessed, we called you in to make sure your injuries are doing well. Jessica?"

"They're okay?," the nurse says, placing the old bandages down and examining Zain's hands. "They're healing nicely, though they're going to hurt for a while longer. How did this happen, Captain?" She gives Zain a curious look.

"I er...erm..." Zain forgot what he had said "I punched a glass table" Zain knew this wasn't what he said so under his breath, he whispered "sh*t."

The doctor gives him a frank look. "That's an interesting story. Much more convincing then missing a punching bag. Maybe if you said that originally, I wouldn't know you were lying." The nurse remains quiet, re-bandaging Zain's wounds.

"Damnit, fine, I'll tell you" Zain shakes his head. "I was upset because my sister was a victim of one of our terror missions, a f*cking chrysalid got them." Zain's eyes fill with rage as he forcefully moves his arm away from the nurse and throws his chair at the doctor's desk.

The doctor simply glances at the chair, giving it a "I've seen it all" look. He crosses his arms, saying, "That's very sad to hear, if it's true. How do I know it is just..."

"Doctor!" The nurse shouts angrily. She offers Zain a gentle look. "Please, Captain, I need to finish dressing your wounds. Can you please sit back down?"

Zain calmly, yet still angry, picks up the chair and dropss it roughly where it was, then in a quick motion, he sits down and extends his arm towards the nurse without saying a word.

As the nurse continues to bandage Zain, the doctor says, "Well, Jessica seems to believe you, and I trust her judgement, even if I have my doubts. Young man, I'm sorry for your loss, I truly am, but we can't have you mutilating yourself. You have responsibilities."

Zain was about to leave then realised something, "I know but I feel like XCOM is turning is into killing machines that have no feelings, that guy who got killed might have a wife and child but we will never know and no one gave a sh*t about his death. I know you're not best person to talk to this about but you know where I'm coming from, right?"

"He cares," the nurse says. The doctor starts to say something, but she quiets him with a look. She turns back to Zain, saying, "Dr. Picardo did the autopsy. He had a pained look on his face the whole time, the look of a man hurt by the lose of such a promising young man. He doesn't act like it, but the doctor really cares, and is only worried about your safety." Finishing the bandaging, she gently places her hand upon Zain's, saying, "Please, Captain, we need you. The Earth needs you. We can't have you destroying yourself. It isn't what you sister would want, I'm sure of it."

Zain reluctantly nodded his head and says "Are we done here?"

Zain Shah

Zain Shah and Zombie Splitter53 collaboration continued

"I suppose so," the doctor says. "But I recommend you see Dr. Faye, our resident shrink. She isn't my favorite doctor, but she gets results, especially with soldiers who have lost family."

"Alright, I'll see you later." Zain is about to exit the door but then remembers "Is there anywhere on base you can some booze? You know if I wanted a pint."

"No" The doctor says frankly, and says nothing more.

"Come on, " the nurse says, "I'll show you out." As they make their way towards the exit, the nurse mumbles, "Why don't you swing by my room later. I might have something you can wet your whistle with. You drink Jeger?"

Zain feels a lot more comfortable with the nurse than the doctor "I'll have anything after I haven't had a fag in ages and I haven't gotten hammered ever since I got here."

"I'll get you set up, just don't go overboard. Can't have it coming back to me."

"Thanks, I really appreciate you doing this for me" Zain gave her wide smile. "So, how has XCOM been treating you?"

"Its been great, an interesting experience. They've kept me ppretty busy, but I get to meet so many interesting people." She frowns, adding, "Sorry. I know my enthusiasm is a bit inappropriate, under the circumstance. "

Eventually they reach Jessica's room. "I'll wait out here" said Zain.

Jessica slips in, returning a moment later with a small bottle. Handing it to Zain, she says, " Now promise me you won't drink it all at once."

"Alright" Zain wanted to tell the truth but he decided to take the bottle. "Thank you again for everything, I don't think I would have kept calm near that doctor without your help."

"No problem. He's a good man, he just has to work on his empathy. I have to head back. No more hurting yourself, I mean it."

Zain gives her one last smile and thank you before heading off to his room.

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam
Sex: Male
Place of birth: Alaska
Nationality: Native American
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Weight 200 pounds
Tattoos: One on back,and a sleeve on his left arm
Eye color: heterochromia,(One dark blue, one ice blue)

The camera shows Axton putting his knife in his dresser and swallowing another pill.

Man that pill still taste nasty,well nothing much happen on base today,well other then me decapitating a berzerker,other than that not much happen,so because nothing happen I might as well talk about or next mission.

So our next mission is something that the console has been hounding us for months to do,and that is go on an alien battle ship and I guess destroy it or disable it I don't no which but ether way were going on a alien battle ship,now I really want to go on this mission ou so badly but i'm probable not because of my rank.

now the people that will go on this on will with out a doubt will be our most high ranked soldiers,which has me worries me because if we fail this mission what will happen to us are we going to shut down,and let the aliens kill every one because if we are then i'm taking as many guns as I can carry go up to the surface and fight,because iv never been the type of person to just sit and wait for any thing.

but on the flip side if we do take the ship but lose some people, I hope the commander brings in some of the people that have been waiting for months to sick there teeth s in to the aliens and finally see what class they will get,so ether way I can't wait to see what happens.

Zain Shah

Captain Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills 14
Missions 10
Support

OFF CAMERA
Zain opens the door and drops to his bed; he is still mourning over the loss of his sister after talking about it again with the doctor. "Sometimes, the best treatment isn't the smartest treatment" Zain thinks then proceeds to pulling out a bottle of ALCOHOL and chugging most of it "I need to lay down." Zain drops into his bed "Oh, I forgot to do the erm... uh... video diaries th... that's it."

ON CAMERA
Zain turns on his camera and the first words to come out of his mouth are "I er... came back ffffrom the doctor and he mm... he said that erm... f*ck, I need to start over." Zain starts laughing til the camera is off.

OFF CAMERA
Zain soon stops laughing and says "Alright, bye camera." He starts laughing again "Oh, I still need to do the diary, oh well I'll do it tomorrow."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Following was made in Collaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & Teaslurper

X-COM Firing Range
1230 Hours

Ayame stands ready at a booth, a shatter laser in hand and a regular shotgun sitting next to her. As the first target pops up, she takes a shot, the recoil knocking her of balance, causing her to fall over. John looks up from cleaning one of the rifles at the rear of the shooting range upon hearing Ayame fall. He walks up to her and smirks. "I know they tell us to create as little target as possible, but I don't think sitting on your arse was what they meant." He offers a hand to Ayame. "You alright?"

Ayame grasps his hand, her face turning red. "I'm fine, I...I just thought the recoil wouldn't be so high. Guess I as was wrong."

John helps her up. "You'd be surprised with those things, I almost dislocated a shoulder firing one the first time."

Ayame smiles. "Thanks...um, have we met? You look familiar."

"I think we did, at the canteen when we first got here. You also hang around with my roomates a bit, so you might have seen me then. Ayame right? Name's John if you couldn't remember."

"Right. And If I remember correctly, I was pretty rude to you then. I'm sorry for that."

John laughs. "No problem. If I remember rightly, I insulted the transport pilot and everyone on board on the way over here." John picks up the shotgun on the floor, inspecting it. "Take it you're more used to rifles?"

"Yeah, I've never been good with recoils. But I figured, since we have some really great snipers and plenty of supports, once I hit the field, there is a good chance I'll have a shotgun in hand. Any advise on how a shrimp like me could better handle herself?"

"Well, I don't have much combat experience...." John Inspects the shotgun again before clambering a round and firing it down range, covering the target in multiple small holes. "But considering they give us buck shots with these things, and that they try to simulate it with the laser weapons, I guess get close and ram the barrel down their throats. As for recoil, I can't help, sorry. Honestly I don't get why everything has to be such a high caliber."

"I know what you mean. Our snipers are practically 50 cal. What do they expect us to fight out there, a bunch of mecha?" Ayame sighs. "Still, I shouldn't make excuses for my lack of practice."

"Yeah, I know what you mean, something akin to an M14 would be better for our snipers, I guess. Besides, apart from falling on your arse, you seem like a competent shooter, though I'd shoot center of mass personally."

"Yeah, I know. People have been telling me I go for head shots too much, and they're right. Its just hard to break the habit, you know. My hands are automatically drawn to head shots. I've always had to go for quick take-downs, I've never been in open combat. It...has me doubting myself."

"Look, from what I've been told before I came hear, the most important thing is just getting lead down range. After all, who's got time to shoot back if they're too busy shitting themselves in fear?" John laughs. propping the shotgun against a nearby wall. "You always go for quick take-downs? That mean your used to do covert work or something?"

"Yeah, I worked for PMCs around Europe and Asia. I specialized in infiltration. You'd be surprised how easily you can get in to the most secure of locations when no one looks at you as a threat. Why once, I...." Ayame suddenly stops, biting her lip.

"Go on... This sound interesting."

"Well, don't spread this around, but I once infiltrated an American base in China on the behest of the Triads. I kinda, sorta pissed them off when I screwed up a mission for them, so I took the job in order to try and get back on to their good sides. They needed me to spy on the Americans to find out information on a drug bust, so I was able to get in by posing as...as a...ahem, a...prostitute."

John snorts."Haha, really? I can't say I can picture it."

"Yeah, well, I didn't actually do anything. Though it was humiliating all the same. And I almost wish the soldiers on base would have treated me like a call girl, and not like a child. Talking slowly to me, in those childish tones of voice, patting me on the head when I fetched something for them. Its a good thing I couldn't understand most of what they were saying, or I might have lost it. What's worse, I got the intel, but it was faulty, and not because I was found out, but because the soldiers themselves got the wrong intel. I was gone by the time they got the right information. Needless to say, their drug bust went off without a hitch, and my relationship with the Traids was completely destroyed."

John nervously scratches his head. "Sorry if I hit nerve. But personally it's good your relationship with triads is gone, they're a bunch of fools and traitors. The bastards sold me out after they fucked up some operation."

"Really? What happened?"

"I sold a bunch of prototype sub machine guns that where supposed to be trialed, Apparently the US didn't want to produce as wasn't accurate enough for combat distances. But because it had a fast rate of fire and was easily concealable, the triads wants it. I sold it to them, and the Idiots shot up some bar or something. Anyway the head of another local triad got killed, but that head was in league with the cops. The idiots then sold me out in favor for staying alive. I got arrested and ended up here" John mentions to base around him.

"So your here as a kinda...probation. That's rough. I hope you still have the resolve as the those here voluntarily." Ayame flashes a coy smile.

"Yeah... I'm still kinda training myself on the whole thinking positively part. But if we are ever together on the field, you can trust me. I might not have that whole 'for a just cause' thing that you lot have, but I don't wanna let people die... especially friends."

"Well, that's good enough for me, friend," Ayame replies, extending her hand.

John takes the extended hand, shaking it. "Thanks, friends in times like these can be hard to find and easy to lose."

Sharkdragon96

The following is a collaboration between Sharkdragon96 and Zain Shah

INT. Barracks-morning

Persephone's getting ready to head down to officer training school when she hears a knock at the door. She walks over to the door and finds herself greeted by Zain Shah. Zain is about to open his mouth when Persephone looks in both directions and pulls him inside closing the door behind her.

PERSEPHONE
Promise me you haven't told another soul!
Zain signals by metaphorically zipping his lips and locking them.

PERSEPHONE
Good!
Persephone gives a sigh of relief.

ZAIN
"I know you probably don't want to trust someone who you've only known for a month or so but..."
Zain can't think of what to say, a thought occurs in his mind.

ZAIN
"But you have no other choice!"
Zain didn't mean to sound threatening but it came across that way.

Persephone is slightly startled by Zain's spontaneous outburst.

ZAIN
"I think we got off on the wrong foot again, but what you're feeling is completely natural; you should be afraid that I could reveal your secret because otherwise, we are no longer human."

PERSEPHONE
"It's fine, and it's completely natural to snap like then when your under this kind of stress right now."
Both of them step back for a second and take a breath.

PERSEPHONE
"I heard something happened to your sister."
Zain starts blinking quickly and sniffs as if he is about to cry.

ZAIN
"Yeah, she was one of the people that were killed during our terror mission in London."

PERSEPHONE
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset, its just that... Well, I know where you're coming from."

ZAIN
"Seems like everyone in XCOM has a rather unpleasant history."
Zain continues.

ZAIN
"Who've you lost?"
Persephone hesitates for a moment, hoping Zain doesn't ask to many personal questions.

PERSEPHONE
"Coincidently I actually lost my sister three years ago."

ZAIN
""Oh, h..h...how did it happen?"

PERSEPHONE
"She..."
Persephone hesitates. She'd barely felt comfortable discussing what'd actually happened to her with Ayame, let alone a man she'd barely even known. She proceeds to give him a portion of the truth.

PERSEPHONE
"She committed suicide."
Zain gives her a sympathetic look and realizing it's best to stop asking questions.

ZAIN
"Sooooo"​

Zain thinks of something but nothing comes into his mind. He proceeds to change the topic.

ZAIN
"Did you know that rookie that was killed on the mission, must have been hard dying on your first mission and knowing you will be dead, all because you panicked."

PERSEPHONE
"I didn't know the guy, but after hearing what'd happened I've been worried. I've never actually had much experience on a battlefield fighting other people, let alone those humongous things that killed him. On top of that if dr. Vahlen said those things were only grunts, I can't even begin to imagine what kind of monstrosity could be next in command. What if I wind up panicking and making the same mistake he did?"

ZAIN
"It's never easy but I heard that the Commander invested some money into making his recruits less likely to panic in the Officer Training School so I hope it will help you new recruits."

PERSEPHONE
"Great! As if they weren't working us like mules enough already. *Sigh!* I guess I shouldn't complain though. How are you able to keep a level head out there?"

ZAIN
"Well the best way is to expect death around every corner so you're ready for anything for instance I think that the first step I'll take will mean 3 mutons are coming after us."

PERSEPHONE
"I guess that could help, presuming of course that mutons will still be the most dangerous thing we'll be facing when I go active."

ZAIN
"I wonder what other kinds of alien species they have, they look pretty intimidating already but I think that these aliens are a lot more than just a way to intimidate us. What is their goal?"

PERSEPHONE
"I wasn't even here from the very beginning of the attacks so frankly I'm just as lost as you are, if not more. All I know is that at least we're taking care of this for the sake of humanity, and not out of some sense of blind nationalistic pride."
Zain ponders for a moment, taking what Persephone had just said into consideration.

ZAIN
"You know, at first, it thought of this as an opportunity to kill some time until I found friends here and I started caring about others more whereas the old me would have said that the others will manage without me."
Persephone smiles.

PERSEPHONE
"Same here. I was reluctant to make any friends around here until I met Ayame and Anna."

ZAIN
"At the start, I thought the best way was to take XCOM as a job but the truth is that having close relations with the other soldiers helps you to fight."
Zain looks at Persephone.

Persephone briefly glances towards Ayame's bunk.

PERSEPHONE
"I just hope it'll be enough to keep some of us alive."

ZAIN
"Even if it won't help us, it will help the our successors to have a driving force, to avenge our deaths. We need to learn that we are all part of a bigger thing than ourselves, XCOM, we're saving our world and to do that we have to put our lives on the line."

PERSEPHONE
"I couldn't agree more."
Persephone looks at the clock.

PERSEPHONE
"Crap! We should probably head down to OTS now, the colonels are going to throw a fit if I show up late again!"

ZAIN
"Oh, I need to get something from my room, see ya later."

PERSEPHONE
"Solid copy! I'll see you there!"

Last edited:

Zain Shah

To- Junaid Javed
From- Zain Shah

Hey, how's it going with that wife of yours?

XCOM is f*cking crazy; you're friends with one of the highest ranking soldiers. Captain Zain Shah, has a nice ring to it but I could do with a new nickname, for some reason "BrownNose" just doesn't appeal to me as much as something like "Zeus". How is work as a computer guy (still don't know what you exactly do)?

Well anyway, I really need some booze and cigarettes; think you can hook me up?

Remember to say that it is some kind of medication I'm on, love ya (no homo)

Zain

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between ZombieSpliter53 & AugurOfRuin

Jasmin comes knocking on Ayame's door at around midnight. "Ayame? Are you there?"

After a minute, Ayame slowly opens the door, wearing her sleep-wear with a glazed look on her face. "Jasmin?" She asks, drowsily rubbing her eyes. "What's wrong? Is everything (yawn) alright?"

"Everything is alright...I need someone to talk with, sorry if I woke you up." Jasmin seems very shocked and upset .

"No, no, its okay. What did you want to talk about?"

"Can I come in first? I'd rather not spill this information out in the public hallway...."

"Yeah, of course, we just have to be careful not to wake the others." Ayame opens the door, standing to the side to let Jasmin in.

Jasmin walks into the room, sitting down on some chair that is laying around. "Remember the files I told about? Well I deciphered them and I just.....can't find the words for the horrors I discovered."

"Okay, just calm your thoughts. Try to focus." She takes a seat on her bed. "Why don't you just start from the beginning."

"I was deciphering a file about the war crimes of that time. I found out something horrible about my background....I found out the reason my mother never got to hold me. I was never meant to be, I was born from......." Jasmin clearly has trouble, as tears come to her eyes before saying "rape. My father, who I always looked up to, raped an innocent woman named Anabelle, who got pregnant and had me....I'm not even supposed to exist in this world...." Jasmin's tears just keep on flowing. "The father I once looked up to as a role model is nothing more than just an honorless bastard, who committed heinous war crimes...." Jasmin starts to cry as her emotions simply take over as she tries to talk about this.

Ayame rushes to Jasmin's side, grasping her in her arms. She just holds Jasmin for several minutes, stroking her hair. "Just let it out," she whispers, "don't hold anything back."

Jasmin just hugs Ayame. "I just....I don't know about anything anymore, my entire world has collapsed...."

"Yes, I can imagine. There really isn't anything I can think to say. All I can suggest is to remember that you are you, and as bad as this is, it doesn't change who you are. So doubt your understanding, doubt your father, doubt the whole world if you must, but don't doubt yourself."

"I just...thank you Ayame, I just needed someone to talk to. The bomb that was under the base....was also set up by my father. Why he gave me a warning as his last words is...beyond me. A daughter born from shame and violence, yet dear enough to be kept alive...."

"it is strange. Maybe...he felt bad. Maybe he was ashamed of himself, and thought being as loving as a father as possible would some how act as penance." Ayame scratches her head. "But...why did he set that bomb in the first place."

"That, I have been wondering too, there is no mentioning of motives in the files I've read. Only of his crimes..:"

"Do...you know what..." Ayame hesitates, not wanting to make things worse.

"Do tell, Ayame."

"Do you...know what happened to...your mother?"

"I listened to a military interrogation record of her, which was taken after she had given birth....She said that no matter what happens, she would under no circumstances want to see her child ever again......"

"Oh...I'm sorry. I'm at a loss for words."

"Its okay, I just wanted to talk with someone, and you were the only person I could think of. Sorry I woke you up..."

Ayame shakes her head. "Don't be silly. I'd hate to be alone after learning...something like that."

"Could I just, crash here for the night? I just....Don't feel comfortable going back this night. I can understand if you want peace, I can just leave if you want. I'd have no hard feelings of it."

Ayame nods. "Of course, um, as long as you don't mind sleeping with me in my bunk."

"If you don't mind sharing it then I'm fine with it." Ayame smiles, motioning towards her bed. "Don't worry, I won't take too much space." Jasmin smiles as she gets on the bed, making herself take as low amount of space as possible. "Thank you Ayame, you are a true friend."

"Any time," Ayame responds, laying next to her and closing her eyes, a small smile on her face.

Jasmin closes her eyes, yet her thoughts keep her awake, even thou the presence of a friend is very calming.

AaronBryant

Collaberative between zombiesplitter, Zain, Aaron

X-Com surveillance Footage system 92848-245, 73858-424, 38583-337

Aaron walks up to Ayames door it slowly dawns on him he has never been to Ayames room before and makes him wonder if this would make her uncomfortable. Doubting this Aaron knocks on the door with gusto. Ayame opens the door. Her hair is matted and greasy from a recent work-out. Upon seeing her visitor is Aaron, she frantically attempts to fix her hair, saying, "Aaron! Sorry, I'm a mess. What can I do for you?" He replied merily "Dont wory about it scruffy, I was actually wondering if we could speak privately mind if i come in?". Ayame looks at Aaron with a minor friendly amount of disdain "Um...yeah, sure. Come in."

Aaron walks into the room and looks around getting a feel for it then plops down on the floor and crosses his legs " So i was hoping you might be able to inform me as to where i may aquire certain beverages of an alcoholic nature?" He had on his usual dumb smile. "Alcohol? Wow, you're really dying for a drink. Men and their vices, I tell you." Ayame shakes her head, but has a smile on her face. "Hey Ill have you know this isnt just me looking for it my doctor recommended it! I have a prescription from my physciatrist Dr. Faye." Aaron says sounding a bit more defensive than he should. "That's...unorthodox, but I guess if the doctor said so. I wish I could help you. I had a bottle of sake, good stuff too, really expensive, but Persephone took it from me. I don't know what she did with it." Aaron interjects "Ayame by all means im a multi cultural loving man and one day i may drink lotsa Saki Today i simply wish for a nice whiskey. Where did you buy the saki though if i have a place to start its better than having nothing."

"I, uh...snuck it in. Said it was a heirloom. No one questioned it." Ayame thinks for a moment. "Hmm...where to get you a drink...we gotta be careful who we trust. Are you friends with any high ranking officers? They'd probably be our best bet." Aaron ponders ". . . Stevie? other than that not really that Zain guy seems to be really friendly you think he would help out?" Ayame affirms "Hmm...yeah. Yeah, I think he would. He's really nice to the rookies. I don't know if he'd have any, but I'm sure he wouldn't hold it against you for asking. Especially if you mentioned my name." "Alright . . . Um which way is his bunk?" Aaron inquired quickly. Ayames directs Aaron "I believe it is down the hall from yours, corridor 12-B."

Aaron walks at a leisurely pace putting a hand in his pocket and the other behind his head "Thanks Ayame! oh and come to the bunk some time bring a friend were gunna play poker and shoot the shit and youd probably get to see me drunk which is interesting!". "Um, sure...but you'll have to teach me how to play." Ayame states. Aaron Yells down the hall "NO PROBLEM!". Speaking to himself know "Im on an epic quest for booze . . . how damn heroic! Hope Zain is home". Aaron knocks on the door to the officers room "Hey Zain you mind if we talk?"

Zain emerges from the door with a bad headache. "Hey, I've seen you around base, what's your name recruit?" Aaron Offers a crisp salute arms straight and eyes dead locked forward "Rookie Aaron Justin Bryant formely of the United States Marines Commando special forces unit SIR!". Zain yawns "Call me Zain; why did you come here, did you want some training?". "Well . . . . not exactly, I was wondering if i could ask you where i might find a scotch. It was recommended by my physciatrist Dr. Faye" Aaron looks hopeful.

"Oh Dr Faye, I was told to see her about my mental state. As for the booze, I have a some left." Zain shows him a quarter-filled bottle. "Well thats kinda a small amount" Aaron scratches his back " Any where i can get any more?". "Well I got this from someone so I guess the only way is to get it off some XCOM staff because I think they can go back to the surface." Zain stopped but soon a mischievous smile crossed his face "Or you could get some friends or family to get you some and deliver it here."

Aaron has a solemn look on his face "they are dead" he clenches his fist and points his head at the ground. "Thanks any way i guess ill just have to go with out" Aaron begins to turn around stops and breathes out heavily and picks his head up "have a good day man!". "Try not to drink too much." Zain gives Aaron a wave before closing his door. As Aaron sulkingly rounds a corner, he bumps into a young nurse, knocking her down. "Ouchy," She says, rubbing her bottom.

Aaron slaps his face then quickly gets on his knees and sees the nurse before him young, short, slim, with long black hair."Uhhh Hey . . . Oh man im stupid sorrydo you need help i totally didnt mean to do that. My stupidity mixed with being a Mountain usualy doesnt end well for others" He extends a hand staring at the nurse "My name is Rookie Aaron Justin Bryant Mame. How are you, you ok?". Taking his hand, the nurse says, "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about it. I should have watched where I was going. I'm Jessica Chambers. I'm part of the medical staff. You said you were one of the soldiers?"

Pulls her up and holds on to her hand while talking to her " Um Yes mame although to be honest i havent done much besides train Mrs. Chambers" Aaron realizes he is still holding her hand and pulls away " Sorry mame". Aaron rubs the back of his head. Jessica giggles lightly. "You don't need to be so formally. And its Ms. Chambers, but please, call me Jessica". "Oh sorry I get flustered sometimes" Aaron takes a deep breath and lets it out slow. "My Physciatrist says my social skills are lacking because of how much ive closed my self off. Can i walk you the rest of where you were going?".

"Sure, that would be lovely. I was just heading back to my quarters, And I'd love the company." She grasps Aaron's arm, and starts pulling him along. "So who's you psychiatrist? Dr. Faye?". Aaron blushes and looks a little bit away "Um yea, shes kinda funny pretty unorthodox though". Jessica chuckles. "Yes, I've heard some interesting tales about her treatments. Has she had you do anything strange?". "She said i should get drunk with my friends" Aaron laughs "I um havent had a drink since ive joined X-com and ive done so much training i think it would be good for me to cut loose. I cant say shes wrong". Jessica laughs "That sounds like my kind of treatment. What did your friends say when you got drunk with them?"

"I havent, I dont know where the liquor fairy is and ever since ive been here i have stayed off it to help get in top physical form which im pretty much at so one drink wont hurt. I asked Zain if he had anything but all he had was jegger and like a fourth of a small bottle which is not enough to get all this" He motions to himself "Drunk, besides that i prefer a nice whiskey". Jessica scoffs, saying, "I told him not to drink it all at once. We don't need one of our top supports stumbling around on the battle field with a hangover, you know? Oh well, as long as he feels better."

Aaron turns to her "You have hooch? Id be greatful for anything you can spare and id be obliged nay happy to invite you to hangout with my friends and I". "Well, normally I'd refuse, but since its a doctor's order..." She smiles. "You said you're a whisky man, right?". "Yes mame i mean Jessica". Upon reaching Jessica's room, she motions for Aaron to wait, and ducks in. She returns a moment later with a small bottle of Jameson, handing it over with a smile.

Aaron smiles and looks all wide eyed for a moment "Are you the liquor fairy?" He says slightly sarcastic. Jessica chulckles, saying, "I'm many things," in a seductive tone. "I'm just trying to keep our soldiers happy." Aarons face goes a little red at the sound of her voice "umm well your doing a fantastic job Jessica haha uhh im gunna go run for a bit come to bunk D-5 tommorow if you feel like it poker starts at 17 hundred" Aaron offers up a salute, then turns away walking to the gym and trying to breath in and out just like Dr. Faye taught him to when he became distressed.

Jessica chucles again, and goes into her room.

Last edited:
Private video log number 1

Jasming Lebed

The camera turns on, Jasmin is looking at the camera very seriously. "This is my first private video log, if anyone is to get a hold of this video, turn this off now. Now then, where do I even start... My entire life collapsed last night. The man I had adored for 20 years of my life, turned out to be nothing more but a criminal and a rapist. I have lived 20 years of my life in lie. I'm not even supposed to exist in this world.... I just collapsed when I read these from the old military files. I had to find someone to talk to, and the only one I could think of was Ayame. And thank god for her, because without her support I don't know if I could even live. She took me in, and supported me in every way she could. She even let me share her bed, because I couldn't bring myself back here. That feeling of comfort was just.... something special. In 20 years of living I have not felt such comfort anywhere, not even in the presence of my own father. I'm hoping I can keep up this friendship."

Zain Shah

Captain Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills 14
Missions 10
Support

When the camera turns on, Zain has a big smile on his face holding a bottle of red wine "Haha, thanks JJ for all the stuff." He picks up the camera and shows the underneath of his bed; a six pack of beers, 3 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of cider and a bottle of whisky. He then opens his drawer to reveal a box of cigarettes. He then zooms in on the letter that came with the package:

Hey Zain,

Yeah everything is going fine but there is always that chance of an impending alien attack on our house so that's always worrying. The kids are really impressed by you, I don't know how hard your job is but know that we will be cheering you on the sidelines everytime. Joanne could be a little better because she feels useless as an unemployed wife but I keep telling her that we are doing fine.

I didn't know what you wanted so I got what I remembered you use to drink.

Junaid

"The rookie that came to my room, Aaron I think it was, asked for some booze so I might give some to him cos now I have sh*t ton to last me months. Oh yeah, I should probably have a drink with the nurse, Jessica, after she so kindly gave me that Jeger; there's something about her that just makes her likeable, she was so nice." Zain drifts off in thought.

"Oh... er... I er... watched my last video, can't say I'm surprised but even when I'm 26 I can't control my desire to just fill myself with alcohol." Zain turns to look at his bed with a guilty face. "I guess that's pretty much what happened today...Oh wait, I had a talk with Persephone and its a lot easier to talk to her when you're not feeling uncomfortable because you know something you shouldn't know but I gave her some tips and we discussed what the aliens had planned for us but is it weird that I want to have a look at some of their other species if they have any?"

Zain ponders for a moment and then turns the camera off.

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between AugurOfRuin and Zain Shah

Zain has been awake for a few minutes and has been trying to find painkillers in his room to help his headache from all the alcohol he drank. Booker has left extremely early to get to the gym so Zain is alone in the room "Where the f*ck did I put that paracetamol?" Zain eventually gives up and lays down again on his bed, holding his head.

Jasmin carefully opens the door very quietly, making sure not to make any noise. She carefully sneaks into the room, crouched, that making it so that she most like cannot be seen unless Zain would be to get up into a full sitting position.

Zain continues hold his head "Wait, what was that? Is hallucinating one of the symptoms of a hangover? Who the f*ck knows?" Zain is still oblivious to Jasmin's presence.

Jasmin reaches the bed and she instantly gets up holding the gun right on Zain's forehead. "Good morning sunshine, Zain Shah I presume?"

"Ah, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck" exclaimed Zain as he rushed out of bed and got in a fighting position, about to strike Jasmin "Hey, your that new recruit aren't you? What the f*ck was that for?" Zain was clearly not amused due to his current state.

"Looks like someones having a bad day. Need some painkillers there mate? You're really not prepped and ready it seems. If I were to be an alien of sneaky kind, you'd already have your brains blown out by plasma or laser or whatever the guns they use. But seriously you look awful, and don't smell the best either." Jasmin takes her pain killers from her pocket "Catch" she throws the jar to Zain.

Zain catches it and takes 2 pills from it, he then grabs the water bottle beside his bed and takes the pills. "Thanks, I really needed that." Zain then looks at Jasmin "I'm guessing you didn't just come here to give me some painkillers."

" Well I heard some guy Zain was supposed to offer some field training. I guess I might have picked the wrong door, looking at you, you look like the last person I'd accept training for. Tell me, isn't it against the rules to consume alcohol or drugs during work time? I could just report you to the superior officers. But due to being a bit kind hearted, you better be able to offer some field training, otherwise you have pretty much nothing to bargain with." Jasmin gives a very sadistic grin.

"Alright, meet me at the shooting range in half an hour" Zain is impressed by her knowledge of XCOM even though she has only been here a few days.

30 minutes later

Jasmin is waiting at the shooting range with a variety of weapons. "I hope we're here for something else than just target practice Zain."

"Alright, first thing we don't we need weapons for the training I'm giving you" Zain pushes all the weapons to one side. "Alright, we'll play hide and seek here; you hide and I'll seek" Zain had thought of a rather unusual training exercise.

"A game of hide and seek you say? Alright, so how much time do I have to hide?"

"I'll be generous and give you 5." Zain immediately turns his back and starts counting "5 4 3 2 1."

By the time Zain has turned around, Jasmin has already spotted an old missile casing, which due to her size is perfect for her, she opens it without sound, hides inside and closes it from the inside.

Zain starts to shoot blanks all around the range trying to scare her out and shouts menacing roars like mutons.

Jasmin remains calm inside of the missile casing thinking: "He has gotta be able to do better than that just to get me out"

Zain soon picks up a frag grenade and throws it into a contained space so it doesn't do any harm to anyone else. Zain then maniacally laughs and exclaims "You want to f*ck with me, fine but when I find you, you will be wishing that you never asked me." Zain is acting however it is very convincing.

Jasmin just grins inside the casing thinking: "I hope he can do something better than that"

As a last effort, Zain grabs the pistol and shoots it once then he falls to the ground thus simulating him committing suicide.

.... Jasmin thinks very heavily for a moment: "There's something that doesn't match up here, I better stay quiet"

5 minutes later, Zain is still lying on the floor but has started to mimic one of the soldier's voices but he is not sure who "What's going on here? Why is Zain dead on the floor? Is anyone here?"

Part 1 of 2

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between AugurOfRuin and Zain Shah (Continued)

Jasmin's thoughts: "Not a single step has been taken in 5 minutes, me and Zain were the only two in the room, meaning Zain is just assuming I'm dumb."

Zain finally gets up "Alright, you can come out now."

Jasmin kicks open the casing door getting up. "Damn, Zain how dumb do you keep me as?" "You suck at this game" she laughs after saying that.

"Alright, you tend not to panic but now it's tactical. Take cover behind that box." Zain was impressed by Jasmin's ability to not panic.

"Run to that next box" Zain points at a box approximately 10 metres away. As Jasmin runs, he gets out his toy pistol and fires a small plastic ball that is about to hit Jasmin's chest.

Jasmin takes a note of the toy pistol drawn and turns her shoulder towards Zain causing the the plastic ball to hit Jasmin's shoulder instead of her chest, as she gets behind the box for cover. "If you want to play that game Zain, then I recommend you don't expect me to let you shoot me into critical points of my body."

"Remember to give your enemy the smallest target possible, keep your side of the shoulder facing the enemy." Zain walked over to Jasmin and said "It will be a while before you become active" Zain smiles at Jasmin "But there is no doubt that you will make a great soldier."

"Really now? You needed a plastic ball and and 20 minutes of acting like a clown to figure that one out?" Jasmin just laughs and smirks with her sarcastic tone.

"Never get cocky, that's how I got this scar" Zain undoes 2 buttons on this shirt to reveal a white scar.

.... "I have been in a military base ever since I was seven years old. Last thing I'm going to do is get cocky."

"Oh and there's one more favor I would like ask you Zain: could you teach me how to use those laser guns? I've used regular snipers, shotguns, assault rifles, etc. But I have no clue of how those laser guns work."

'The laser weapons are quite similar to the regular weapons except that they get a little hotter after each shot but it's a small price to pay for all that damage."

"But how the hell do you plan out the recoil when your essentially just firing a super hot beam of light?"

"Most of the aliens are quite big so recoil doesn't matter too much but the recoil is smaller on the laser weapons anyway." Zain demonstrates by picking up a laser rifle and firing it at the head of the target dummies.

"Interesting, a gun with small recoil. That will make my life a lot easier."

"Yeah, at least that's the case for the rifles and pistols but I haven't tried the heavy laser, sniper or the scatter laser."

"Oh sh*t, my package was coming today" Zain runs off to his room shouting "See ya 'round Jasmin."

Part 2 of 2

Dahlexpert

Beijing China,police department

June 6 2015 9:26 am local time

110, what is your emergency.....Axton hay it's been a very long time to what do I ou the pleasure,You need to no about the women we put into wines protection ten years ago why now.You found her sister.

Yes I found that seven year old that killed those criminals on the farm I found her,and since I helped her sister with that bounty she gave me six years ago,I was wondering do you happen to no were her sister is currently.

Um well AX,her current location is she is in Japan right now.in a hotel by the looks of it.

Great when did she get here.

About four days ago,she was suppose to leave yesterday but do to the alien attacks she is stuck in Japan

What is the name of the hotel,or better yet what hotel is she in.

she is in the, Holiday in in Tokyo.

Great,so what is her new name.

Um her name is Guì yīng Takahashi

Awesome thank you so much for this.

Great so is our dept settled.

yes our dept is settled now,you now ow me nothing. Axton hung up the phone.

Last edited:

Teaslurper

This is a collaboration between AugurOfRuin and Teaslurper:

Jasmin is hanging around the firing range, currently sitting on some random box cleaning up an used sniper "God dammit people, clean your guns after using them, this ones probably been fired like 50 times without anyone cleaning the damn thing up." She swears to herself as she continues to clean the sniper rifle.

John walks up behind Jasmin smirking at the quip. "So i'm not the only one left cleaning up after the rest of em?". He offers Jasmine a hand.
"Hey I don't think we've met. The name's John, and you are?".

Jasmin looks up and shakes John's hand. "The names Jasmin. And yeah, it just drives me nuts when a gun is dirty. If there gains too much gunpowder into the pipe the damn thing will blow up in your hands. I'd rather not lose my hands to that."

"I know what you mean. I've seen enough idiots mangle their hands to know that I don't want it happen in firefight. At least the laser guns are a lot easier to maintain."

"sure, you just gotta remember to bring the heater out to cool down for a bit. Laser cannot be focused unless its in a completly heatproof focus containment. And if that stuff heats up too much, the damn thing will overheat and blow up."

John grins and laughs. "ha ha, finally another rookie who knows how to properly maintain a gun. I like you. So, are you like ex-military or something? Or are you like me and sold guns to idiots?".

Jasmin raises her pistol on johns forehead "Ex-military, born aand raised. Now you didn't happen to sell a bomb to a russian man called Captain Lebed did ya?" Jasmins look is very serious.

John sticks his hands up, looking panicked. "I've, uh, sold bombs to Russians before. I've also sold bombs to a lot of people....I, uh, might be able to,uh, remember what Russians I've sold to if you take the gun away from my head."

Jasmin puts her finger a bit harder on the trigger "Was one of your clients Captain Lebed? I can easily mask this little incident of ours as a pistol malfunction, so answer me."

John cringes. "He might have been....Possibly....the guy wanted a large warhead a couple of years back, conventional mind you, not nuclear. Is that the guy you looking for? Look if he was planning anything I don't know what it was, I swear."

Jasmin lowers the gun and smiles at John "Good we are not speaking of the same person."

John falls to floor. He lies down panting. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you want to find this guy so bad?"

"I don't have to find this guy, he's dead. This guy happened to be my fucking father who planted a time bomb under the military base I was at. Only thanks to his dying words em I still alive."

John mutters under his breath. "Well aren't you just full of flowers and sunshine?". He glares as Jasmin. "My question still stands, why did point that gun at me?"

"Because due to the assholes like you, people die. But our pasts put behind, we started at the wrong foot. You came here to practice I presume?"

John gets up, looking visibly angry. "Huh, well isn't little miss sunshine so full of herself." He grabs Jasmin by the collar of her shirt.
"And for the record, unlike other dealers I actually vetted my clients. Sure I sold to criminals and non-military organisations, but hey, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. But I didn't sell to people who committed war crimes. Heck, half my clients were military who couldn't wait to resupply through official channels."

Jasmin grabs Johns hand very strictly as she quickly gets up and twists it behind his back trough military technigues. "Don't you ever grab me like that, next time you'l end up face first on that floor"

John attempts to break free unsuccessfully. "Go on then, fucking try me".

Jasmin instantly kicks john into his hamstring and after that attempts to trip him with a hard sweep. "I'm surprised you are still alive. I'm ex-military, I'm not half as bad as those aliens."

John falls to floor, before getting up. "I might not be trained in a close quarter combat, but I've been in war zones before." John laughs and swings the sniper rifle at her like a club. "Call it an occupational hazard."

Jasmin ducks out of the way, sending a hard punch at johns stomach. "Stop this now before you get both of our asses fired".

John grunts in pain. backing away, hunched over his stomach. "Fine. Only because if i get fired from here, their are governments that will probably have me killed."

"Better that we don't meet anymore."

"Oh we will meet, I intend to finish this at some point". John tries to regain some composure before starting to walk away.

AaronBryant

Audio log 14

"begin recording". A loud thunk is heard and then a sigh " so i had a pretty fantastic day. i got my hands on some whiskey and my friends and i are gunna play poker tommorow which should be good fun." There is a long silence and a loud breath is heard " I met a women Jessica Chambers the nurse on base. . . I find her very attractive and very endearing but then when im by myself again i think about my fiance. I dont know if i feel guilty or just sad." Sheets are heard rustling " John came in with a black eye todayit was weird i asked him what was up and he didnt say anything just went to bed its ok though some times u gotta let it heal before you talk it out. Stevie has been pretty busy to it sucsk we dont hang out like we used to. However i get his heavy schedule. Thats all though electronicky diarama diary end the darn recording"

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following was written in colaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & Frostlich1228

Anna types on her computer, sending a message to the Skype address provided in the mysterious letter. Not expecting a response for several days, if at all, she is surprised to receive a chat request after less then a minute. 'Who is this?,' Anna quickly types.

"彩花," Appears on the screen. A moment later, the translator displays the words 'colorful flower'. The computer then displays the message: 彩花 is requesting a video feed. Accept?

Anna clicks accept and stares intently at the computer screen waiting for a response.

An image comes on of a bed room. What appears to be Ayame Kasagi looks back at Anna. "Kon'nichi....um, anata dare?"

Anna gives her a confused look. "Ayame? Is that you?"

"Oh! You speak English!" The girl says. "I learned English at school. Sensei says I'm the best in the class. Are you from America? What's your name?"

Anna's eye twitches slightly when she is called an American, but she quickly regains her calm. "I'm Russian, actually, My name is Anna...Did you send a letter to anyone recently by any chance? "

The girl smiles. "Ooo, Russia. I always wanted to go there. I heard it's cold, though, but I got a warm coat. Um...a letter? Um, um... I think mama sent something. Are you mama's friend? She said she sent it to an army person. Are you an army lady?"

"I am in fact...Is your mother home right now?"

"She just stepped out. She'll be back in a couple minutes. Where are you? Are you in Russia right now. Do you fight the monsters? I told mama I wanted to fight the monsters, but she said I'm too young. How old are you, Anna?"

Anna smiles at her. "I'm Twenty-Six, and yes, I do fight the monsters...They won't get to you or your mother, alright? I'll make sure of it. "

The girls face lights up. "Really? That's great! I knew someone was fighting them. My mama said my Aunt was watching over me, but I'd like you to protect me, too. Heh heh. Sora's gonna by so jealous when I tell him I'm friends with a real army lady."

"Sora? Is that your brother?"

"No! Nonononono! He's this annoying boy from school who is always trying to do better then me. Mama says he does it cause he likes me, but I don't think..."

She's cut off by the sound of a door opening. From somewhere in thehouse , a woman shouts, "Watashi wa, modotte Ayaka. Gomen watashi wa sō jikan ga kakatta yo."

Translating...I'm back, Ayaka. I'm sorry I took so long.

The girl shouts back, "Sore wa daijōbuda. Watashi wa chōdo anata no yūjin Anna to oshaberi shimashita."

Translating...That's alright. I was just chatting with your friend Anna.

The woman quickly walks into the room. She looks slightly panicked when she see's Anna on the monitor. "Ayaka wa, purē shite kudasai. Watashi wa An'na hitori de hanashi o suru hitsuyō ga arimasu."

Translating...Ayaka, go play. I need to talk to Anna alone.

The girl nods, smiling at Anna and giving a quick wave before exiting the room. The woman takes a seat, and in a panicked whisper says, "Who are you? What did you say to my daughter?"

"I didn't say anything to her, all I told her was my name...Anyway, I was sent a letter that has your contact information on it, so I decided to give you a call. Does this mean you didn't send me that letter?" Anna waits silently for her to respond.

"A letter?" The woman thinks for a moment. Her eyes suddenly widen. "The letter! Yes! I sent a letter to a man at the Russian Armed Forces. I had lost hope that I would receive a response. Do you know him? Or perhaps the letter was meant for you?" She gives Anna a hopeful look, saying, "I am sorry for my rudeness. I was only worried for Ayaka's safety. She is a very trusting child, as I'm sure you noticed.

Anna gives her smile. "It's alright...I am not going to blame you for trying to protect your daughter..." Anna gives her questioning look all of a sudden. " This man... hat was his name? "

"It was Antony Stone." She chuckles. "Actually, my information said 'Anna', but my information also said the woman I'm looking for was really attached to this 'Anna', so I figured it was a mistake."

Anna looks down at her keyboard and thinks for a moment. "Was the Woman named Ayame by any chance?"

"I...you..." The woman gives a look of cautious hope. "You know a woman named Ayame? Then p-please hear me out. When is was thirteen, I lost my family to some horrible people. About six years ago, I set out to bring the men responsible to justice, and I uncovered evidence that my sister may have survived. I've been searching ever since, spending all my savings on the small chance I can find her. But it's been hard going, especially since she...might be in trouble with the law."

Anna's eyes grow extremely large. "I...You...is your name Guì yīng?..."

The woman starts to tear up, her lip quivering slightly. She nods, and says, "P-p-please tell me she's alive. Please tell me you know where she is."

Anna seems to be in a state of disbelief, but after a moment of silence she says. "She is alive...she is a close personal friend of mine...We are at a military base...But I can't say where..."

"Of course, I-I-I understand, I just, I...is she okay? Is she healthy? I...is..." Guì yīng starts hyperventilating. Ayaka looks into the room, and seeing her mother in distress, she runs out and returns with a glass of water.

"Yes, She's fine...I don't understand...Ayame told me you died...That you were killed by Debt collecters..."

Ayaka gives a confused look. Guì yīng tells her, "I'm okay now, go play videogames." Ayaka reluctantly exits, and Guì yīng turns back to Anna, saying, "I'm not exactly sure how I survived myself. The last thing I remember was the men...having their way with me. I remember one of them dragging Ayame out of her hiding spot before I blacked out, which is why I was sure she was gone. When I woke up, I was in a hospital. I had been out for two weeks, and it was another two weeks until I gained enough of my senses to communicate, and when my uncle refused to adopt me, I was put into an orphanage."

"That uncle did some horrible things to Ayame...you should be happy he didn't want you..."

"H-he did..." Guì yīng gives a worried look. "I know he murdered one of her friends, and her disappearance after his death made her the prime suspect. What else did he do to her? Please tell me he didn't hurt her."

"He... I..." Anna stays silent for a minute, turning around a few times to look at the door before saying. "Ayame told me that he beat her a lot..."

"Just like daddy does to you..." Ayaka says almost too low to hear.

Guì yīng spins around, saying firmly but calmly. "Ayaka, I told you to go play." Ayaka quickly retreats, and Guì yīng again turns back to Anna. "I'm sorry, she has an active imagination. Is there...anyway I can talk to Ayame? You said she is there with you, right, at your military base? What does she do at the base?"

"I really shouldn't tell you this but...We are trying to fight back against the Aliens...We've lost a lot of people already...We have to train night and day just to have a chance against them...So I suppose that's what she is doing right now..."

"So she's a soldier? I...that's surprising." Guì yīng gives a firm nod. "I understand. She is fighting to protect our world. Then maybe she shouldn't know about me right now. It could distract her."

"So you don't want me to tell her? I can't keep a secret like that from my Best Friend..."

"I do, I do, I just...don't want to hurt her by confusing her. But it would be wrong of me to keep it from her, or to force you to lie. Yes, please do tell you've talked to me. Ask her if we can speak."

"I Will." Anna let's out a long sigh. "But I have no idea how I am going to explain this..."

"I'm sure you'll find a way. I can tell just from the way you talk about her that she is a dear friend to you."

"Oh, one more thing before I go...That little girl of yours is a blessing...Don't let your husband hurt one hair on her head alright? "

Guì yīng gives a stern look. "Trust me, no matter what he does to me, I would never let him hurt her. I would kill him first." Her expression changes to shock, surprised by her own words.

Anna gives her an approving look. "Good...I'll call you back every once and awhile to see how you're doing, okay?"

"I'd like that, thank you."

Anna gives her a smile before turning the computer off. She sighs, sitting in silence for a moment before leaving the room.

Sharkdragon96

Flashback #2

10/18/09

INT. Persephone's room - Day

Persephone sneaks up on an enemy player's Spartan using active camouflage while wielding an energy sword, but ends up getting insta-killed when the other player turns around and blasts her with a shotgun.

PERSEPHONE
DAMNIT! HOW THE HELL DID HE SEE ME?​

ROSE
Might I suggest a different tactic? I mean there are only so many times your "signature strategy" is going to work.​

Persephone rolls her eyes.

PERSEPHONE
Yeah, you're probably right.​

Persephone switches to a different load-out and the two continue playing in silence for a few minutes.

PERSEPHONE
So how's Nathan doing? Is he still mad at you?​

ROSE
Nah, we're good now. He has a new girlfriend anyway.​

PERSEPHONE
Who's he dating?

ROSE
Some buxom blonde, I don't remember her name. Though I do remember her asking my science teacher last year whether or not dolphins lay eggs.​

PERSEPHONE
Yikes!​

ROSE
God help him!

ROSE
So what about you? Any guys spark your interest?​

PERSEPHONE
Not really. Come to think of it I'm not really into guys.​

Persephone gives her sister a shifty look.

PERSEPHONE
I'm not gay either in case you're wondering.​

ROSE
I didn't say you were. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just not sure how mom would react to it.​

PERSEPHONE
I know, but some of the other girls keep calling me gay just because I don't have a boyfriend nor am I even interested in having one.​

ROSE
Oh don't listen to them. First of all middle school is almost like a breeding ground for homophobes, so practically everything they say is garbage! Second off feel free to work at your own pace with this. I didn't start dating anyone until I was fifteen, and frankly if I could do things over I'd probably wait longer.​

PERSEPHONE
Thanks. I don't know why I'm not interested; I guess I just find relationships to be a little bit... I don't know, overrated?​

ROSE
I hear you; honestly I'm probably going to hold off on dating again too. Especially since I'm thinking of joining the military once I get out of high school.​

PERSEPHONE
I’m still confused about this whole decision of yours. You’re one of the smartest people I know, and you’re willing to waste your talents in the freaking military? You should think about going into politics or running for office or something.​

ROSE
If I wanted to sit around and debate with idiots all day I’d just talk about politics with mom.​

PERSEPHONE
At least you wouldn’t be in any danger of getting killed​

ROSE
Look, maybe I could be doing something like that with my life and be good at it too, but I just feel like I have a stronger sense of achievement when I’m actually out there getting shit done.​

Persephone raises an eyebrow.

PERSEPHONE
Or you just like the thrill of doing something exciting with your life that mom would disapprove of.​

Rose lightly smirks.
ROSE
Well… Okay, maybe a bit of that too.​

PERSEPHONE
It’s not that I don’t fully respect your decision, I’m just wondering why.​

ROSE
Are you worried?​

PERSEPHONE
Kinda, but why wouldn’t I be?​

The two continue to game in silence for another minute when all of a sudden a player from the enemy team playing as a covenant elite sneaks up and assassinates Rose.

ROSE
Oh come on!​

PERSEPHONE
Hang on I think I see him!​

Persephone zooms in and manages to snipe the elite from the other side of the map.

ANNOUNCER
HEADSHOT!​

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Audio Log:

"It feels like forever since I sat down for one of these logs." Ayame says, I small smile on her face. "So much has happened. A conversation with Axton hinted that my sister might still be alive! Problem is, she isn't where she used to live, but thanks to some encouragement from Persephone, I'm not going to give up." Her smile widens. "Persephone shared some things about her own sister. It sounded like it pained her a bit, but I'm greatful she trusted me so much. Rose sounded so great, I wish I had a chance to meet her before she died."

I gave Anna some encouragement about her feelings over our recent loses. I hope I helped her, if only a little. As for her check-ups, its hard to ease her worry when I'm so worried myself. At least she was able to make me feel better by giving me the go ahead with Persephone, though I obviously didn't mention Persephone by name."

"I made a new friend. Her name is Jasmin. She's from Russia. I seem to have a knack for making friends with Russian women. She's pretty cool, though she has a pretty big sense of morality, which is great of course, but I'm afraid that it might get her in trouble with the more shady soldiers on base, particularly those with not-so-innocent backgrounds. I'll have to watch her back. Of course, I'm more worried about her mental state after the bomb-shell dropped on her. The origins of her birth are so distressing, and I can really sympathizewith her, considering the things of that nature that have happened to me. I let her sleep with me last night. She didn't want to be alone, and honestly, I didn't want her to have to be alone either. She was gone when I woke up this morning, though. I hope she's alright."

Ayame's eyes widen. "Oh god, I just realized that Anna and Persephone were gone when I woke up too. I hope Jasmin left before they got up. I know nothing happened, and Jasmin knows nothing happened, but what would the other two think to wake up and find a woman in my bed with me. I...I..." Ayame shakes her head, and turns off the camera.

Last edited:
Jasmin Lebed

Public video log number 3

"Well I had a fun day, was cleaning up the guns at the firing range due to some dumb people, not gonna name anyone, not cleaning up theyr guns after usage. I met this guy John who shared the hate for guns. Then the asshole told me he was a smuggler, smuggled guns and drugs to countries. I swear the god that asshole just wants to get killed. I told him I was ex-military yet he still attempted assaulting me. Now I don't believe in reporting assaults to superiors, I'd rather handle stuff like this face to face. The guy will probably end up at the doctors if he continues to try his luck with me. A smuggler against a girl who was raised into military. Sounds like a really great idea! Also, heres a message to you all lovely people who use the guns at the firing range: MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THEM UP! I would rather not risk getting the gun jammed because its too dirty, or even better, blowing up in my face because of the leftover gunpowder inside of the damn thing. Jasmin Lebed, Signing out."

Status
Not open for further replies.