X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & Dahlexpert

Axton walks to Anna and Ayame's room and thinks to himself, 'This is going to be a long and emotional day. He knocks on the door.

Ayame opens the door. "Oh, hello Axton. How are you?"

"Oh great, your dressed, come on, we're going to Japan."

"What?! What are talking about?" Ayame raises an eyebrow. "That's really random, even for you."

"Well, you remember our last conversation about your sister, right?"

"Y-yeah. I called that number you gave me, but who ever it was that hired you had already moved away."

Damn, well I guess that's my fault. I should have known that she would have moved, but there is some good news. I called a guy from the Japanese police department that owed me some favors, and I asked him about your sister, since she is in witness protection. He knows where she is all the time, so I called him and he gave me an address, so I say again, are you just going to stand there and give me the 'this guy lost his mind' look, or do you want to see your sister?"

"I...I'd love to see her if I can, but we are not supposed to leave the base, and even if we can, you need special permission."

Well, tell the Commander that you were doing family business afar, and trust me, he will understand, and if he doesn't, I'll take the blame for it because this is my idea. Now if you are done thinking of ways you will get in trouble for this, can we go now?"

"I-I...I can't...I'm sorry, Axton. I know how much effort you put into this, and I'm eternally greatful, but I can't just leave. I have a responsibility to be here, and friends I can't abandon for my own personal reasons. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Axton sighs. "Look Ayame, I understand that you have a responsibility to most of the people here. Hell your like the god damn moral officer to most of these people, but all I'm asking is just a few hours, just a few hours for you to finally have something good in your life. Now true, you told me about your uncle and your... former love, and yes, you have been through a lot. But damn it, you owe it to your self to finally see your sister, even if it's for a few hours, three at the most. We're not going to be there for days, just a few hours, and if it turns out that I'm wrong, you get to punch me or kick me in the gut."

Ayame stands in silence, thinking for a moment. Finally, she smiles, and shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I can't take the risk that seeing her will mess with my emotions. But thank you Axton. If there is anything I can do to pay you back, just tell me, and I'll make it happen."

Axton looks down at the ground and rubs his head, sighing again. "Well, it seems like your determined not to go, even though you want to. Okay, I won't force you and, don't worry about paying me back. I never keep tabs on my friends, but if I die before you, promise me this. That you will see your sister, because there is no guarantee that you will live after this war, and the same goes for your sister. So if I die first, you will see your sister, and if you die before me, I'll tell your sister the good things about you, and leave out all the bad. Deal.?"

"Deal." Ayame extends her hand.

Axton shakes Ayame hand. "HA HA you've come a long way from that anti-social, 'scared of men' women that I met four months ago, and in that spirit, I have a few things. First, her name, her name is Guì yīng Takahashi, and more good news, she has a child now, so you are now officially an aunt. Second, this is a picture from the witness protection officer that knows where she is. Ttell him that the Van Dam family sent you to him, and if he says that his debt to me is settled, tell him he owes my sister some favors, and if he still refuses, there is a safe in my room behind my dresser that has enough money for you to start your own investigation to find her again. And last, but not least, a gift to you." Axton pulls out a knife. On side it says brave, and on the other it says warrior. "This is a knife that my family gives to people in the family, or great friends, once they earn our trust and our friendship, and I want you to have it."

"Wow, thanks Axton," Ayame says, looking over the knife. She then turns her attention to the photo. ""Takahashi, huh? So she married a Japanese man, just like father. Interesting."

"Right, well, even though things didn't go as I planed, I like this a little better. And don't worry about it, Ayame believe, this is the least I can do after what I did to you."

Ayame smiles, saying, "Yeah, I'd call us even now. Thanks."

Axton smiles back at her, saying, I finally payed you back for that incident, thank you for forgiving me friend."

"I've got a lot to think about. We'll talk again soon, okay?"

"Sure thing friend, I'm sure you do have a lot to think about after all this craziness I'll leave you alone to think about all of this." Axton leave and heads back to his room.

Dahlexpert

This is a message to,Anna stone,Ayame Kasagi, If you are not any of the people that I mentioned leave now,or I swear to the maker I will haunt you.

alright Sigh well first and for most Anna,i'm sorry that I could not keep my promise to and ugh,Damn i'm not good at saying good buys Ok Anna I want to say that you and I may not have started as friends and I know that you hated my guts because of my nationality and I expected that earning your friend ship will not be easy,but I did earn it and I want to say that you are an amazing friend,and a brilliant engineer I wish that you and I could have talked more and I no that I left a sour taste in your mouth because of what I did to Ayame but I respected your honesty and I think i'm going to miss that most about you,and one last peace of advise if you do become a heave remember this, A machine gun is like a assault rifle but with a larger magazine and if you remember that i'm sure you'l be a great heavy good by my friend I will miss you.

And finally heh heh my main close friend Ayame. Damn I don't no what to say to you, Axton rubs his head thinking of what to say.well I guess that you will have to keep your promise to me now and see your sister,but in all seriousness Ayame I no I was a pain in the ass to you after what I did to you and I want to say thank you for being patient with me and being a being a fantastic friend to me, I think i'm going to miss your polite manner towards every one and i'm glade that I gave you that knife when I did I want you to keep that so you no i'm all was with you.

Damn I lived twenty six years,getting smacked downed shot at blown up and a a lot more, and I get killed buy a god damn alien,but I know before I died took some with me and when I did I was accepted into Artemis my gods obeliven were I can spend an entirety hunting and doing what I love.Fuck I killed so many evil people and I die a damn virgin MAN that sucks.

Sigh well to my dear fiance, I'm finally coming home to you and my ancestors.

I wish all of you at X-COM well and kill some aliens for me will you guys, and treasure all the time you have left here because you will never no when you will be joining me.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Booker "Dewitt" Conan
Current Rank: Colonel
Mission Name: Dying Jester
Mission Objective:

• Destroying or disabling the power conduits will enable us to bring down the Battleship without damaging it
  • Eliminate all alien defenders
Kills This Mission: 8 Dead Aliens
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 59 Dead

Dying Jester Mission Log:
Today the team and i was sent to take down a Battleship Class UFO. Commander Odd says this mission is going to be hard and it showed today. Started OK with the team in sync me and farmer doing until farmer mess up an over watch and 3 Thin men killed Vash badly and things got worse almost got killed by a swarm of thin men and a cyber disc right to my face and farmer mess up and i say at that moment better go down a bad ass so i aimed the sniper rifle in the mouth of that machine and say "EAT RAW LASER FREAK!" and killed it hard. If i had to think the mental image was in my mind was this bit of Badass Moment with this clip.

Booker's Mental Image Of Epic Cyberdisc Kill:
OOC: Note Skip to 0:59.
And slowly Big Farmer in this mission regained my hope for leading sniper team if i die good work kid your slowly getting there.

Back At Base Log:
After coming back from that death trap of a mission we had a huge cutting the battleship down so it can fit into the base and after scraping it down it was a treasure chest for R&D. The Commander asked me to his office and i went in it was a very nice office he tells me some of rookies say i go on way too many missions, most people say they don't trust me and he tells me i am not going on any missions for i hope a little while. He also says i always go because i am his big insurance policy and i understand. Big Farmer doing great and told him very well how to do his job right. i am very proud to tell him how good he is and before going on his mission i will not come on some missions for a while this is his big test to put all your hard work together on this one. Some Time later the team came but Van Dam was killed but got a Flooter in the works alive nice work Farmer can't wait to read the report on this outing and been spending time ant camp training and i found out someone came to my room and smashed my table god i hope to who ever done this and my wall beaten but there is blood here "ROAD TRIP" and Booker smiles.....
END OF LOG.......

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & Zain Shah

Zain is walking over to Jessica's room, he reaches her room door and knocks. A minute later, Jessica opens the door. She us wearing a white, loose fitting tank-top, pink panties and white socks. She smiles, giving a questioning look. "I uh...erm..." Zain had a weird feeling and couldn't speak, he then started to breath quickly while continuously muttering "er...er..."

Jessica gives a concerned look. "Are you okay? You're not feeling sick, are you?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine. Actually I wanted to repay you for the bottle you gave me. I got some more off my friend, so would you like to have a drink together?" Zain, under his breath, whispers "I'm a f*cking idiot."

Jessica smiles, saying, "I'd love to. Just give me a minute to throw something on." She ducks back into her room, leaving the door slightly ajar. Zain, without thinking, peaks inside, but makes sure he is hidden. Jessica slips off her top and grabs a pink bra. She quickly puts on a pair of jeans and a black shirt with AC/DC written on the front. As she dresses, she yells, "So, are you feeling any better today?"

Zain steps away from the door "Yeah, I guess, but I'll still go see that Dr Faye." He goes back to looking into her room.

"Good to hear." Jessica laces up a pair of boots and heads for the door, saying, "You need me to bring anything?"

"Oh no I've got everything." Zain steps away once again from the door waiting for her to come out.

Jessica steps out and smiles. "Lead the way, my good sir."

Zain leads her to his room. "After you." Zain lets her go in then follows. "So, what do you want to drink?" Zain shows her his collection of booze under his bed.

Jessica examines the selection, asking, "You got any Bacardi?"

Zain checks under his bed. "No, sorry, but I do have some Merlot if you want some of that?" Zain lets her examine all the alcohol.

"That would be lovely," she responds, sitting on Booker's bed.

Zain gets 2 glasses from under his bed and pours the Merlot in the glasses, filling them. He hands Jessica one of the glasses. While he is doing this, he asks "So what got you into nursing and medicine?"

"Oh, you know. Mom is a doctor, grandma was a nurse, etcetera, etcetera. Not the best reason, I know, but I get a chance to help people, so I'm happy." She takes a drink.

"Actually, I'm gonna train to become a doctor in a few years, hunting is pretty much just a hobby from which I make money." Zain is about to chug his glass, but realizes Jessica is watching him, so he changes it to a big sip.

Jessica grins, and chugs her glass. She chuckles, and says, "Based on how you handle yourself in the field, you'll make a great doctor."

Zain smiles, then grabs the bottle and refills her glass. "Well, if I survive this war that is, and don't kill myself by making stupid mistakes." He looks at his bandaged knuckle then finishes off his glass and pours himself some more.

"Well, with the support of those around you, I think you have a good chance." Jessica places a hand on Zain's bandages.

Zain looks into Jessica's eyes. "Its nice to meet someone who is optimistic about this war for once." Zain takes his other hand and places it on top of Jessica's.

"I try. After all, how can I expect to make others feel good if I don't have a good mood myself." She finishes her glass.

Zain reaches under his bed for the sake he has and two shot glasses. "Do you want some?" He says, handing her one of the shot glasses.

"I've never had any, but I'll give anything a try once." Zain gives her a shot of sake and he pours some for himself, he takes the shot then shakes his head afterwards. Jessica follows suit, wincing a bit. "Not bad. How about another?"

Zain pours some more for Jessica and some for himself. After he consumes the sake, he starts to become drunk due to his slurred speech "Soooo how mmmmany people havvvve come into the infirmaryyyy lately?"

Jessica takes a swig, answering, "N-not a lotz. Smostly little stuff. Da commander ish good at keepin da soilgers safe. Ima keep my self busy wit mine medical wesearch."

Zain starts laughing for no apparent reason, "Holy sh*t, we are wasted!" Zain stands and walks over to Jessica, only to fall on the way there. Once he falls, he starts laughing again.

Jessica giggles loudly. "Good ting you already at you roooom, huh?"

"I think I'll sleep down here, it's very comf..." Zain seems unable to pronounce comfortable. "You can sleeeeep in my bed if you likess."

"No, I...I don't think dat would be app...approppy...wize." She stands up, but immediately falls herself. "On da udder hand." She reaches for the sake, pouring herself another shot and drinking it.

"Hahahaha, now we can both sleep on the floor." Zain reaches into his drawer for a cigarette "Want one?"

Jessica cracks up, saying, "No dank you. Da only thins dat's smokin about me iz ma body. Did ya get a good look, by da ways?"

"Oh cr*p, sorry about thatssss" Zain then turns to look at her. "But what I saw gets a 10 out of 10."

"Dats okays. I tookin it as a compliments, esen wit out de 10." She takes another shot. " Wantz some more?"

"Sure, why not? I don't think we can get more drunk now" He takes the shot and says, "Ah, that wasssssss gooooood."

"I think Ima gonna take a short nap," Jessica says, crawling towards Zain's bed. "Now don't take advantage of meez."

"Alright, but I won't promise anything." Zain starts laughing. Jessica lets out a few laughs of her own before falling silent, out cold. Zain is about to get up, but thinks, "Maybe next time." Zain struggles to pick her up, and he puts her on his bed, then falls back onto the floor with a smile on his face. In a few minutes, he too goes to sleep.

A few hours later, a groggy Jessica wakes up. Seeing Zain on the floor, she smiles, sticks a pillow under his head, gives him a peck on the cheek, and stumbles out of the room. At 0700, Zain notices that Jessica has left. He stands up and looks in the mirror; he sees some lipstick on his cheek and smiles, after that he lays down in his bed and goes back to sleep.

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 14 :

Two more deaths.... Two more people never coming home... Two more people that will never be seen again... Rest in Peace Axton and Vash... You were some of the best... Especially you Axton... You may have been Brash and Impulsive from time to time, we may have not always gotten along... But you truly cared about me... and that's the sign of a true... Friend...

I... I couldn't make their Figurines right now... Axton's death hit me a lot harder than I thought it would... I mean... I never really got along with him that well, and even threatened him more than once... Why am I so sad...?

The commander send an order for new Soldiers... Five to be exact... That mean Ayame and Me are finally going to see some Action... But with all this death... I can honestly say... for the first time since I've been here... I'm Scared... I Don't want to lose Ayame... I don't want to see her torn apart my some Muton... I Don't want to die either... I am Scared to Face my own Mortality... What would Ayame do without me... I don't want to be in a world without her... And I don't want her to be in a world without me...

I Have to go talk to her... I just hope she is not as scared as I am...

I'll write a more complete log later... Right now I just... Need to see her...

*End of Log*

Last edited:

Grelite

Name: Shaojie Zhang
LogID: 010820154001
//RECORDING//
It seems this place is going insane. With the death toll among soldiers rising and everyone on a constant exposure to alien technology, the people here seem to have lost all notion of reality. They seem to live in a dream-state that makes them forget what is really going on. I can understand how this can all seem unreal, but we cannot forget we are at war. They may not be from this world, but this is still battle. And battle we know.

The Commander sent me to the alien battleship with everyone in fancy new armour and guns that fire lasers. Everyone except for me, of course. I felt alone up there, in the old kevlar and slugthrower. Sure, I got to blow up a bunch of fancy alien hardware, but I was the only one in the old gear. What was the Commander thinking?

Now, I know being in the army does not mean celibacy, but it is about discipline and composure. I could swear alcohol consumption is up and not marginally. Quite enough for a person to intoxicate themselves. I may seem like an old man complaining about how good the world used to be, but I figure I don't really have the background for that. That being said, I never got myself wasted before a clash of Triads. With this constant alien threat that means I'm off the bottle till we sink the last of their ships.

Van Dam did get his wish before he died; he got sent into the field. Of course there is the correlation between his wish being fulfilled and his death, but the man was on anti-psychotics, what did the Commander expect would happen? Again, more insanity. I suppose there's the part where he tried to kill himself and ended up dead through other means. Another would say life has a way of getting there anyway, but in this case it's the lack of life that got there.

//FF 5 MINUTE PAUSE//

The beds down here in the medbay aren't the most exciting things in the world. I don't suppose they're the reason I've gotten this grumpy. Stuck in here, complaining about the Commander making decisions I don't agree with, getting me injured and ending up in here. At least there are enough officers on this base now to keep the classes going. Hopefully this means the soldiers coming to active duty will be ready for battle right away.
//STOP//

Zain Shah

Captain Zain Shah
Kills 19
Missions 12
Support

Zain turns on the camera and the first words he says are "HOLY F*CKING SH*T!" Zain takes his shirt off to reveal his chest, red as the sun "2 f*cking cyberdisks did that!" Zain's eyes widen "One of those motherf*ckers nearly killed me well I guess there is a new entry for Zain's least favourite alien, luckily in the Officer Training School they taught us how to change lethal shots into near lethal shots. Also, I guess I owe Anja my life I guess after she stabilized me and for our first meeting." Zain shakes his head "That was my first mission leading the troops and I almost died, I guess being the leader has a price."

Zain then suddenly turns happy "But I'm now a motherf*ckin' Major and XCOM gave me some special armor which allows me to carry extra stuff which is pretty f*cking cool so the Commander gave me one of those capturing alien thingies and I managed to capture a floater though I don't know how they can interrogate aliens who speak a different language." Zain gives a sigh of relief "2 near death experiences; you really learn to appreciate every moment of life after you get get hit as much as I do so I've decided to quit smoking." Zain shows the camera some nicotine gum and takes his cigarette box and throws it in the bin.

Zain looks under his bed "How much did I drink last night?" Zain finally remembers "Oh yeah ... might have to go check on her to make sure she didn't puke her brains out after how much we drank last night." Zain rubs his cheek "Next time will be even better!" Zain gives a big smile. "Although I thought that her being a nurse would mean she would be worried about the medical concerns about getting drunk but she's a lot more irresponsible than I thought. Nice."

Zain's face resembled no emotion now "Vash and Axton are dead, luckily I didn't form a really close bond with them otherwise I would be mourning over their deaths like my sister's. I did have a small conversation with Axton so I guess our bet is off but I never really talked to Vash but I'm sure he was a nice guy." Zain flares his nostrils "XCOM changes you, a few months back, I would have cared about it but now, all I care about is the safety of me and the friends I've made at base."

Zain's drastic emotional changes continue when he suddenly gets excited "Tomorrow is my birthday, August 20th, I wonder if someone in the base knows about it; it would certainly cheer everyone up after all the losses we've had." Zain then remembers his last birthday "Last year was great, no alien bullsh*t; just me and my family."

"New rookies have become active, amongst them are Anna and Ayame, might give them one more training mission before they head out on their first mission. I also hope that they are not assault's cos we have sh*t ton of them right now, what we really need are heavies and maybe even some snipers would be ideal." Zain looks over at Booker's bed "He's getting a break for once and God knows he needs it after getting 50 kills during his time at XCOM while I'm still at 19; we also started at the same time but I guess my job is to support others rather than myself."

"I also hear that the Commander is getting us some f*cking cool armor, better than the carapace!" Zain continues with "We got some of the alien's light plasma rifles but the Commander isn't recommending researching them so we have these amazing guns that we can't use just because they aren't researched." Zain mocks the research of guns "I mean how hard can it be, it's a gun, you shoot it and it kills things so why do we have to research it?"

Zain thinks for a moment, trying to remember anything else that was eventful but nothing comes to his mind so he turns off the camera and goes to sleep.

Bloodas

Name : Joachim Bloodas
Non_combat log 1:
I just arrived at this high_tech cave of epicness and than i see the other people that came of the flyying ship including 2 people in a black bag. Well thats not to great when u just walk in a base. I walked for like 2 minutes when some weir ass guy calls me. His name is Steve and he said that i need to go to the commander after the memorial. I know nothing about this base and than he just left. like i kow where i should be heading right now . After a couple of minutes i see the bar my top place in the world, accept that evryone but i realy mean evryone is sad and I see some people just looking at me with a 'OMG-another newbie' kinda look. I had some beers and the intercome said :' Memorial in 5 minutes' and evrybody left letting me sit there. After a minute or 2 Someone came over to me and said follow me i'll bring you to your room after the memorial and stuff.I looked at hime and saw it was Steve .Thank God someone is nice to me!
The memorial is over and im on my way to my room (i hope they are kind and stuff)...
Imma end it here coz we are aproching my room so i can introduce myself and stuff

Jasmin Lebed

Private video log number 2

"I just realised something today: when I paid my nightly visit to ayames room when i was having my world collapse, I woke up as the second last person... Ayames roommates were gone, meaning they might have seen me sleep together in Ayames bed... shit I mean nothing happened, me and ayame know that but they don't! Fuck I gotta have a talk about this with ayame, I don't want any rumors going round the base about whats beetween me and ayame, that would be horrible. I hope me and ayame can figure out a way of logicly explaining this to her roommates, before rumors start going on... Jasmin lebed signing out."

Jhon Markith

Journal Entry 12
Name: Stevie Steve
Mission: Falling Tears

When we landed in the swampy battlefield, We moved out to find some of those floaters, the mechanical abominations. Colum took two shots with the second being the first hit. Then Axton finished the first alien off. I then moved up to a log and took two shots as well, I missed the first but still took the kill. Next Zain suppresses the third. Finally Anja takes her cover.

Now my first experience with a cyber-disk and it's pet drone. Both Farmer and Anja take shots at the Flying CD. Anja throws a smoke in the main groups general area. I move up to confront the cyber-disk with a double tap, dealing extreme damage. Colum takes it out instantly. Axton destroys the drone. Zain starts to suppress the last floater in sight. Another CD comes out and I see a laser pass it by an inch.

Colum hits the floater. Zain goes to capture it with a success. Farmer tries again and misses it. Anja retreats. I move up closer to the ship into full cover from the CD. The CD shoots at Zain delivering a devastating blow and one of the drone took him into an immobile state.

The other drone comes up and shoots at me. It stung like hell, but then again, I don't think it was fully charged. I shoot at the fling armory and miss, then take another. It curls up like a roly-poly, back in its shell. Colum takes to shots and misses them both. Axton take a shot, and strangely a beeping accrues. It was the CD. Farmer takes it out. Now the drones.

Both of the drones shoot their zappers at Axton, one hitting. Farmer takes on out. Anja stabilizes Zain. I reload and Colum takes out the third drone. I move to see if Zain is ok, he was fucked up by the blasts, what I saw I didn't want to see again. We start to stack up on the entrance. I hear something loud and big straight to my right, I remembered that sound. I make my way to the doorframe. Anja moves in through the mouth. One by one, the rest came in. I stayed in the doorframe to watch our backs, Farmer stayed outside to watch our back as well. I move back out because I hear the same noise again. Axton came out with me. The rest stayed in the ship. Axton moves up to lure them out. And just as I had feared was the berserker and a muton. Farmer hits him and I hear the old blood thirsty roar again. I take two shots at him and another roar. Anja misses but Colum took the berserker out.

Axton shoots the muton. The muton comes back at him with a heavy strike. Another comrade lost. I run up there, almost in his face, and avenge a friend. I take a moment to mourn my friend and then regroup with the others. The rest move into the bowels of the ship. An outsider forms and I rush to the action. The outsider rushes out, gets hit by Anja hits it and around my corner, shoots me in the chest. I aim with the capture device, my first time using it, and stun it, thus ending the mission.

Another long ride home. Me, the Commander and the rest of my dorm room, including Aaron, went to pay our respects. The interrogation of the floater started not long after we arrived. A rumor of the interrogation came up about some images in the creatures mind, one being a sectoid and the other being an out sider. The outsider shard was researched and an underground outpost was discovered. Then a lot of research came up.

Jhon Markith

Journal Entry 13
Name: Stevie Steve

Me and Aaron went to the bar and talked about Axton. He was a good friend, though I didn't get to know him to much, I remember some good times with him, like the paintball match with all of the whole room. That was a good time. He will be missed.

Some more gear was brought in and now Aaron can get in the battle with me. Ayame sadly will have to wait just a little longer.

The first Demon as they are nicknamed, was ready for war a few days ago.

I am starting to see the hell war is. I have seen two men die now, both good men, and it makes me think about my x-wife. Its been about two months now, I still see that same bloody, terrifying, evil image in my nightmares every night. I have tried my best to carry on, but some times iwish that this whole thing was just a nightmare. most of the shit that I have dealt with in my life is not even a millionth of that experience. On the ride back to the base, all that I saw was the deaths that have seen, my wife, Vash, and Axton, each horrifying.

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

John is currently the gym using a punching bag. He is attacking the bag without a clear stance or technique, instead just beating mercilessly at bag.

"...And this week started out so well. I manage to find a stash of perfectly good drugs, and manage to use them without being caught. I still don't know what i'm going to do with it though, I think I'll just keep it for now. I also managed to catch up with Ayame and make a new friend....But..."

John redoubles his efforts at punching the inanimate object.

"But then everything went to shit! First our best support gets himself plastered on the walls of the alien battleship, but that's not enough for those alien bastards. The very next mission, one of our next best supports gets a chest full Cyberdisk rounds, landing him out of action for a while. And Axton....Axton was killed after the commander made a bullshit call leading to Axton being caught in the open....At least he made the sod that shot him snarl in pain before he died."

John lets up on the bag, steadying himself on it for a short while.

"Axton, I'm not gonna lie. I thought you were a bit of a nut, but you were our nut, and a well intentioned nut at that. I'm gonna miss you. And Vash, I didn't really know you, but you did good."

John pushes himself away from the bag, slowly removing the gloves and lighting a cigarette.

"
Christ this week ended up going to hell...And that was without meeting her."

He turns around, starting a fresh assault on the bag. This time without gloves. He starts to shout.

"I mean what is it with her? Who the fuck thinks they can just pull a gun on me, after entering the armoury. My armoury. And then she has the gall to accuse Me of being an arsehole for providing people a means to defend themselves with.She also left me with a black eye as well few other bruises. I tell you, some time in the future she will get what's coming to her...."

John give the bag on final punch, leaving it swinging. He leans on his legs trying to gain his breath back.

"I just need to improve my close quarters fighting first. I doubt the suits would keep me hired if I just blew her kneecaps out the next time I saw her. John signing out."

AaronBryant

X-Com Information files-
Email Archives-

to: Ayame Kasagi

Hello Ms. Kasagi I have done some brushing up on your files recently and i believe it would bode well to have your mental health check upon. I assure you nothing is wrong i simply wish to review how things are going. If you would please report to my office at fifteen hundred hours. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Sincerly,
Dr. Faye

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
X-Com Information files-
Email Archives-

to: Ayame Kasagi

Hello Ms. Kasagi I have done some brushing up on your files recently and i believe it would bode well to have your mental health check upon. I assure you nothing is wrong i simply wish to review how things are going. If you would please report to my office at fifteen hundred hours. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Sincerly,
Dr. Faye
I do not believe such a check-up would be necessary, but I will be there, if only to prove this. See you at 1500.

The following is a collaboration between AugurOfRuin & Teaslurper

John enters the firing range, noticing Jasmin he decides to call out.
"Hey, little miss daddy issues. Do you wanna finish this or leave?"
he gets into a boxing stance, clearly an amateur.

Jasmin looks at John very sarcasticly "Are you serious about this John? You really came here begging to get your ass kicked? Well I'l gladly give you what you want." Jasmin gets up from the box, eyeying Johns stance and rolling her eyes "Amateurs... cmon now then, try and hit me."

John sneers. "Just because I'm not trained, it doesn't mean I don't fight." John swings a fist towards Jasmin's stomach.

Jasmin grabs the fist, quickly twists it around and makes a knee kick towards John's stomach. "You still didn't get the point"

John pushes in to the ground harder, taking the kick to the stomach and using his momentum to knock both John and Jasmin to the ground. "No, I get the point. You're just too full of yourself to realise"

As jasmin falls on her back, she moves her knee so that John's crotches land on her knee.

John shakily gets up, his hands on his balls. He gives a toothy smile to Jasmin. "You still don't get it do you?". John feigns a swing to Jasmin's head before sweeping a leg from under her. "Smugglers like me aren't any different from any government, heck they trade to people far worse than I would. So why am I the arsehole you brainwashed pig?"

Jasmin answers the leg with a heavy second kick to Johns balls, most likely throwing him off balance, as she takes the hit to her head. "Your doings are illegal, they fuck over many more people than govermment does. Brainwashed pig? I was born and raised as military, we don't give a flying fuck of politics, only thing we care for is what we do and why."

John falls on the floor in pain. "What? and just because its illegal it means its wrong." John attempts to get up but fails. " Let me ask you this? Do you ever hear of the local police being armed with AK's to help protect the people there? or the guards for schools in some more volatile places? Because we arm them too, we help them." John attempts to get up again and succeeds, before swinging at Jasmin again.

Jasmin sighs as he grabs Johns arm, twists it behind his back, as she takes a baton that she carries with her, extends it and attempts to hit john very hard behind is knee, which would most likely hurt like hell and throw him off balance. "You realise that drugs take away lives John? They cause depression, dept and scoial losses too big for your brains to handle apparently. And that warhead you delivered? Yeah, that could have been in lord knows what missile, and that blood is on YOUR hands because YOU delivered it."

John looses his balance again, this time stumbling instead of falling. "First, I don't trade drugs, only guns and the odd warhead. As for blood, Its no different to any government. They will sell, no, give to literally anyone as long is it in their interest, they don't care about who receives the weapons." John brings his head up in an attempt to headbutt Jasmin with the back of his head.
"At least I try to limit my sales to those who commit war-crimes, "its more than that can be said for most governments".

Jasmin puts her leg quickly on Johns back, absorbing pretty much all the momentum and using it as recoil against him, most likely causing him to get thrown face first into the ground. "You realise goverments make political decisions based on multiple factors. You base your judgment upon those who you think you can trust, you don't run background checks, for smugglers you only smuggle drugs and gun for money. You could get a real job, but you decided yourself for your fate."

John hits the ground face first, clutching his nose he gets up again. " I had a real job, working for the companies that sold the guns to said governments. I helped manufacture their goddamn prototypes for testing. They made millions selling to whoever had the valuable resource at the time without giving a shit about how volatile the situation over there was, and do you know how much they paid me? barely enough to get by." John once again tries to attack, this time by tackling Jasmin to the ground.

Jasmin just hits john in the stomach, mostl ikely stopping him there. "Give up John, before I have to knock you unconcious, you allready need medical treatment, so get your ass running to the pharmacy before I knock you unconcious."

John, now looking defeated, stumbles his way to near by wall. He slides down to a sitting position. "you're not gonna change your mind are you?"

"My opinions are what they are. However, due to us being part of the same military group, I will just have to accept it. I'm willing to put our pasts behind and start from the beginning."

John get up from the wall, he walks up to Jasmin. "I guess it's the same for me then to." John offers a hand to Jasmin. "Uh..Thanks by the way, I guess I needed someone to beat the shit out me."

Jasmin shakes John's han nodding, "You're welcome. Next time try not to piss off someone from russina military." Jasmin laughs inbeetween sentances, "Now do you want me to escort you to the pharmacy or do you want to go by yourself?"

John gives a weary smile. "I think I can get myself there alright. Thanks for the offer, I..I think I need to go and think for while."

Jasmin: "Allright then John, take care."

Last edited:

Teaslurper

The following is a collaboration between Zain Shah and Teaslurper :

John walks into the infirmary, searching for Zain. When John finds Zain, he walks up to him,pulls up a seat and lights up a cigarette. "Hey, Zain right? how are you feeling?" He offers Zain a cigarette. "want one? I noticed you smoking a couple of times."

"Nah, after you nearly die, you really learn to appreciate every second of life and I don't some bullsh*t death from smoking; either I get KIA or die of old age, nothing else." Zain takes some nicotine gum from his pocket and starts chewing it.

John laughs and takes a drag from his Cigarette. "Suit yourself, I doubt I'll live long enough for it to have an effect anyway."

"Well, if I learnt one thing on those 2 missions, it's that I have f*cking great luck. Even after getting shot by 2 cyber disks." Zain rubs his chest and flinches.

"yeah I noticed that, You being a good leader also helps in my opinion. Even if your methods are what I consider to be a bit odd." John notices Zain flinch. "Uh, hey do you need help or..."

"Oh I'm fine, after surviving an attack from a lion, unarmed, you learn to deal with pain better than others." Zain somehow rejects the pain from his chest. "Oh wait, I didn't catch your name?"

John hangs his mouth open for a split second, quickly closing it just before he drops the cigarette. "Name is John Cooper. I'm sorry? You said you took on a lion unarmed? You're shitting me right?"

"It was sort of a mistake" Zain laughs discreetly. "See, I was on a hunting trip in Africa, I was scouting for animals and I didn't want to get slowed down so I put my shotgun in my car and carried on, on foot. Then, out of nowhere, this motherf*cking lion comes at me and pins me to the floor so I grab my knife and stab it multiple times." Zain continues "It sill did a number on me." Zain rolls up his sleeve to reveal 12 inch cut down his arm that had turned into a scar.

John stares at the scar for a second before mumbling "And here I am being beaten to pulp by other unarmed people." John takes another drag from his Cigarette and laughs. "Well, no wonder you were picked for this. Thats Insane, In that case I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen you resort to punching Mutons."

"Wait, what is this about getting beaten up by unarmed people. I swear I'll f*ck someone up if they are picking on lower ranked recruits." Zain bashes his fist into his other palm "Who is this motherf*cker?"

John panics a little, putting his hands up. "I...uh...Its sorted its self out now, besides I kinda needed it if you know what I mean. Anyway you..erm...got any tips for being a heavy?"

"I guess make sure to get your accuracy up; light machine guns are horribly inaccurate but if you hit, you deal some heavy d."

John laughs. " I guess your right... So whats it like out there? Is getting shot by them any different than get shot at by other people?"

"They do have better weapons but they're too f*cking dumb; all they try to do is kill our soldiers rather than keep themselves safe."

"Well I suppose its good for us that they make themselves an easy target, even if the reasons for it are disconcerting." John finishes his cigarette and stubs what little is left on the sole of his boot, before checking his watch and rising from his seat. "Well then Zain. It appears that I need to go. I appreciate the tips you've given me, and I look forward to meeting you again." John offers a hand to Zain.

Zain grabs John's hand with a firm grasp and shakes it. Zain walks off "See ya later John."

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between AaronBryant and Zain Shah

Zain is on his computer when a reminder pops up: 5 minutes until appointment with Dr. Faye

Zain quickly takes a swig of beer and leaves his room. He finds his way to medical and waits outside the door that says "Dr Faye" he knocks as soon as the clock outside says 0800.

Dr. Faye politely asks "Come in please." She notes that there is a slight sway, a rather heavy smell and check the medical records forwarded to her from the Medical Staff. "You are Zain Shah I presume?"

"Yeah and I'm guessing you're Dr Faye. So are you like the psychiatrist of XCOM." Zain inquired.

Dr. Faye replies "More or less that's part of my job, however I'm also required to evaluate if the mental status of a soldier is one fit to go on the field. Which brings me to my point. I'm going to need you to be completely honest with me Mr. Shah. Can you do this?"

Zain whispers "oh sh*t." Zain answers her question with "Mostly but not everything."

Mr. Shah answer every question honestly and I will pass you as long as you follow my instructions. The standard drug test that was administered shows benzoylmethyl ecogine was in your system at the very least a week or two before the test. Do you know what that drugs street name is?" Dr. Faye's green eyes are like javelins pointing at his soul.

Her stare makes Zain panic "I don't know, cocaine?" Before she speaks, Zain follows up his answer "But I don't take drugs anymore, I don't even smoke now." Zain gives a big sigh.

"Yes, Cocaine, and how can the X-COM staff trust you to stay like that or even to lead troops? You do understand how bad this could be for you? I need to know how much, where it is, and if your willing to submit to weekly drug tests for the next six months and mandatory therapy for the next six weeks. If you can do all this I MIGHT and this is a huge MIGHT, be able to get you to stay in your position and be allowed to continue on the field." Dr. Faye has a dissapointed look on her face.

Zain starts talking rapidly "The cocaine was in the bin, in the cafeteria but someone took it." Zain then stops then thinks about what she said "I guess the drugs test is fine but why the f*ck do I need therapy, I'm not f*cking insane" said Zain, sounding like he was very annoyed.

" I thought this would be obvious but you felt the need to put your self under the influence of a very dangerous drug to escape whatever your feeling" she jots down notes " Therapy is not for the insane that what psychiatric hospitals are for therapy is to prevent a mental break down, and with your drug abuse and now i learn apparent LOSS of said drugs i need to make sure you stay on the straight and narrow Mr. Shah. So can u accept these terms? I'm not doing this because i think your crazy I'm doing this because i don't think your handling your own trauma in a healthy manner which could end up destroying you in the field. I don't want you to feel threatened here Zain i simply want you to be the best support you can be". Dr. Faye sighs.

"Fine" Zain finally starts to become calm. "So am I going to have to see you every week?"

" Oh don't sound so enthusiastic about it Mr. Shah" Dr. Faye laughs then straightens her glasses " Only once every week for six weeks then i will evaluate you and we will see what to do from there". She begins stacking papers and typing in her computer. "There i have you all set up with a weekly schedule I suggest you stay sober, drug free and don't eat any poppy seed bagels. See you next week?"

"I'll see you next week but I don't promise anything when it comes to being sober." Zain smiles and quickly walks out the door before she can respond.

Good god Dr. Faye thinks to herself.

Teaslurper

This is a collaboration between AaronByrant and Teaslurper:

(Note: This happened before the second fight between Jasmin and John.)

Aaron walks into the gym as he notices John clobbering on the bag with out mercy. He also noticed no stance and no co-ordination and his knuckles going raw.
Aaron: "Johnny chill or you will split your knuckles wide open" Aaron grabs his arms and holds him steady and grabs some gauze at the same time asking " So did the bag make fun of your face or are you just trying to murder and innocent bag of sand?"

John shakes loose from Aaron and leans on a wall, gasping for breath.
"lets just say the bag is sitting in for a certain someone."

Aaron looks at his friend with some concern " Can i at least wrap your knuckles and teach you how to fight at least semi standerd cause you were all over the place bud" Aaron chuckles slightly " Dont worry Its not difficult to learn"

John slowly moves towards Aaron. "Sure, I'll need all the help I can get."

Aaron grabs johns hands and starts wrapping them up tight. "First and most important rule to boxing is your power doesnt come from the upper body. The vast majority comes from the ground up, its all in how you use your stance. Are you left or right handed

John flinches a little before carrying on. "Right handed."

"alright left foot forward and right foot back turn so that your left side is facing the enemy and hold both fists in front of yourself to block incoming blows" Aaron watches as john take up the stance."any questions thus far?"

John takes up the stance, bouncing on his feet. "Is this okay? What if they kick me?"

" IF its a body kick just use your arms same thing if its high. If they sweep your legs use them to block or dance around it. A lot of people think boxing is all about power its more about agility and wearing down your opponent however if your strong enough the strongest recorded punch on the planet was a right jab some where around 1000 pounds of force enough to crush a mans skull" Aaron demonstrates blocking with his legs, tucking and dodging. " Your Left jab is your main form of attack use it to explore your enemies defenses, and set them up for combos" Aaron turns to john and uses his sparring blows to show him how to use the jab. "Next are hooks both left ad right knock your opponent off balance with these it'll leave them wide wide open. Finally you have the upper cuts these can knock your opponents flat if you aim in the right spot on the jaw you can cut of circulation to the brain and knock some one out cold" He demonstrates once more with his sparing strikes. "You got it?" Aaron looks at John with a serious face.

John attempts to repeat the movements several times. He then tries the movements against the punching bag, punching with lite jabs. "Yeah, I think I got it. Just need to practice a bit more right?"

Aaron is slightly impressed "Yeaaaa thats pretty good man just keep your form tight and dont hurt any one outside of a ring im serious! You use this out of a ring and i will come back and let you know what it feels like to have a guy who has been boxing for 10 years feels like. Promise?" Aaron holds out his hand.

John takes his hand. "Yeah..I promise, thanks for the tips"

Aaron shakes it up and down " Good" And wraps his own hands and begins going through his own training.

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 7/30/15
Current rank: recruit
Mission: Off duty

The number of names on the memorial is only continuing to grow. The past few weeks we've lost three other soldiers, what's worse is that two of them were only rookies. I know Axton was somewhat of a close acquaintance to Ayame and Anna, but at this point I'm just glad I personally didn't know any of them. Still, as a fellow soldier I send my condolences to them and there families. I keep thinking back to what Zain said about how he finds reasons for motivation in situations like these, but it's not like it's easy for me. I barely knew any of our last few casualties, and at this point I'm just worried for the people I do know.

Things have gotten so bad that the commander has had to recruit five new soldiers, and when I heard that BOTH Ayame and Anna were on that list my heart sank like a stone. I guess it's just my luck. He could've picked anyone, hell he could've picked one or the other but both? On top of that, given the commander's most recent track record with rookies who haven't died, I have no reason to feel at ease with this. Ayame may be tough but... she's so small compared to those mutons.

On the subject of Ayame, I really didn't feel like writing about this but I can't stop thinking about it. I hope this is nothing more then a colossal misunderstanding on my part and that there's some kind of reasonable explanation for it but... A few days ago a new soldier arrived, another female from Russia, just like Anna. I woke up yesterday morning and found her in bed with Ayame. I can't think of any reason for it besides the obvious, I mean I know I promised her that we would try taking out relationship to the next level once the war ended but,
was that offer not good enough for her?

(Persephone smacks her forehead and crosses out that last sentence.)

What the hell am I saying? She's been nothing but kind to me this whole time. She would never in a million years do something like that!

Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.