X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhon Markith

Journal Entry 16
Name: Stevie Steve
Mission: Unceasing Breath

Well, just another fucking mission. A small UFO crash site so this mission was kind of assault heavy, plus to add to that, my buddy, Aaron, was promoted his last mission.

At first we all move up to a log and two aliens, both mutons. Anja and Farmer take their shot, Farmer's being the only one that hits. Colum moves up only to uncover a muton and berserker. Colum takes out the injured muton. Aaron then hits the berserker with his rocket. Farmer shots at the berserker and misses his chance. Jorn runs behind it and with a straight shot to the face, takes him out. I then move next to him and fire at the only muton in my sight, and I missed, BOTH of my shots.

Anja uses a smoke to cover up two of the men on the front line, with me left out I pray for the best. A muton throws a grenade at me and Jorn hitting us both. That armor might not be the greatest, but it does help. Then one of the mutons retreated, so that gave Colum a chance to take out the other, he takes it out with ease. Farmer then takes his place in the sky to see the train. Me and Jorn move up to find what is left of the ship and Aaron moves up behind. Anja moves between me and Jorn healing us both, the rest move into better positions. I move up closer to the ship with Jorn right behind. Farmer uses a scanner to reveal nothing. I move up to the main threshold of the ship. The make their way to similar positions and Farmer lands back on the ground.

I open the door to, once again, reveal an outsider. Aaron takes it out with a rocket. We then begin the search for the lost muton. Jorn made his way to the side of the ship, the muton took its shot from the shadows. I then move around and Farmer uses another scanner and still nothing. We make our way up a hill and we start to relize that this was strange behavior for a muton. I make a a run for a rock and get shot at by the muton and it misses. Colum moves up to take a shot at it. Jorn moves behind it to finish the mission.

Thankfully, there were no flashbacks or images or whatever they are on the way back. Aaron got another promotion along with Jorn and Colum. Now there is only 15 days to the next council report.

END OF JOURNAL ENTRY 16

james love

Send Email to: Commander odd

Sir i would like to request to be sent to the field more then currently as not gaining useful battlefield experience i would become a less effective soilder on the field.

sincerely: Squaddie James

Email Sent*********

Sharkdragon96

The following is a collaboration between Sharkdragon96 and Zombiesplitter53.

INT. Hallway - Night.

Jessica walks up to Anna, Ayame, and Persephone' s room, still in her nurses uniform.

She llighty knocks on the door, a cautious smile on her face.

Persephone walks up and answers the door.

PERSEPHONE
"Oh... It's you!"​

Persephone greets Jessica with hint of distaste.

JESSICA
"Oh, hi! I didn't know you were in this room too. Is Anna here?"

PERSEPHONE
"No, and I don't know where she is at the moment either. Try coming back later or something."
Persephone shuts the door.

Jessica starts to leave, then turns back, lightly knocking again.

JESSICA
"Persephone...do you mind of the two of us talk?"
Persephone gives a disgruntled sigh and opens the door.

Giving Jessica a faint stink-eye.

PERSEPHONE
"What exactly is there to talk about?"

JESSICA
"Listen, Persephone, we got off on the wrong foot, and I know it is all my fault. Can we start over? You seem like a nice person, and I'd hate for you to stay mad at me."
Jessica extends her hand.

Persephone stares reluctantly at her outstretched hand.

PERSEPHONE
"I don't know, that was pretty crumby what you said the other night."
A worried look crosses Jessica's face.

JESSICA
"Oh dear, I'm sorry. Was it what i said about Ayame? Or did I say something bad while I was drunk? Damn, I always do this!"

PERSEPHONE
"It was what you said about Ayame!"
Persephone briefly glances down at Jessica's uniform.

PERSEPHONE
"You know... for people who like to keep things private you really suck at it."
Jessica looks genuinely apologetic.

JESSICA
"You're right, and I owe you and her an apology. But when you and that other woman, Jasmin I believe, snapped at me, I just blurted it out. I was just curious. Ayame talked about this person she liked. It's as if she were describing a beautiful diamond, someone that made her whole. I let my curiosity get the better of me, yes I know that isn't a proper excuse, but I'm only human."​

Persephone crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow.

PERSEPHONE
"Why all the curiosity exactly? What business is it of your's who she likes?"
Jessica scratches the back of her head.

JESSICA
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't have many female friends. Guys are easy, with most of them fawning over me because of my body, in the hopes of getting lucky. Women, on the other hand, find me creepy, what with my fascination with emotions and my tendency to read people without intending to. I guess I just got over zealous, but I really am sorry."
Jessica looks at Persephone with pleading eyes.

Persephone gives her an understanding look.

PERSEPHONE
"I guess I see where you're coming from. I kinda tend to feel more comfortable around women for... similar reasons I suppose."
Jessica smiles.

JESSICA
"Well, you are very lovely. I'm sure you have to beat the guys off with a stick."
Persephone smirks.

PERSEPHONE
"Eh, not often. I usually try to keep a low profile. Though I did wind up beating some sense into this one creep from the research staff."

JESSICA
"Oh, so that was you. He made a pass at me too, I was somehow able to restrain myself, but I warned him he was going to be a creep to the wrong girl, and then he would be sorry. I'm glad I was right."

PERSEPHONE
"You should've seen him during the hearing that took place afterwards. That pervert squirmed like a salted leech when we exposed him!"
Persephone's smirk fades.

PERSEPHONE
"You said you had a fascination with people's emotions. What did you mean by that exactly?"
Jessica looks hesitant.

JESSICA
"Um...well, its complicated. I have a...neurological condition called color-graphemic synesthesia. It causes me to see colors in various places. Letters and numbers have their own colors, and I actually learned how to spell based on these colors. Particular individuals also have they're own colors, and when people vary in their emotions, it causes they're colors to change, such as getting lighter or darker, or changing tone."
Jessica looks away.
JESSICA
"As a child, the other kids would mock me, call me a freak, a witch. I had two choices, really. Either hate my condition, and me along with it, or embrace it. So I decided on the latter."

PERSEPHONE
"That's bizarre, but kind of awesome. I take it Ayame is one of those individuals?"
Jessica smiles.

JESSICA
"When Ayame talked about the person she loves, her color flared like a sparkler on the Fourth of July. I haven't seen something like that in a long time, and I just wanted to know who it was. Then, the other night, when I mentioned Ayame's feelings, everyone fluctuated a bit, but your color in particular flared, meaning you were either upset about the news...or worried about something..."
Jessica returns to her pleading look.

JESSICA
"Please forgive me. If I could turn it off I would, but its involuntary. The only way to turn it off is to keep my eyes closed. I hate people constantly thinking I'm trying to invade their privacy!"
Persephone sighs.

PERSEPHONE
"Look, there's nothing wrong with who you are. Honestly I never even knew there were people that could do what you just described! My only issue is that you flat out shared that personal information with everyone at that party. I understand there are things that are out of your control, but that wasn't."
Jessica nods.

JESSICA
"You're right. I promise I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. And I won't pursue the subject either."
Jessica, looks away suddenly, and rubs her eyes.

JESSICA
"I (sniff) I have to go. It was good talking with you."
Persephone heads back and is about to close the door when she turns back to Jessica.

PERSEPHONE
"Hey, you may have messed up, but you really don't seem like that bad a person. I apologize for my behavior earlier, I just want you to know if you need an extra female friend to talk to I'm here."

JESSICA
"Really?"
Jessica turns back with a smile.

JESSICA
"Thank you! I'd love that!"
She blushes a bit and calms down.

JESSICA
"I mean...thanks. Tell your roommates I said hi."

PERSEPHONE
"Sure thing."​

Jessica takes off with a wave, a slight skip in her step.

Teaslurper

OOC: Sorry for lack of updates. A lot of stuff came up in a short space of time.

Name: John Cooper

The recording starts overlooking the tiny desk space in John's bunk. Alongside what would typically be on his desk such as an astray, lighters and Cigarettes, there are also several XCOM weapon documents scattered around. All of which have been subjected to heavy note taking. There are also several heavy specific tactics books. John sits down at the desk, before stretching and staring to talk to the camera.

"Well, John here. Sorry bout not updating the journal, but as you may have noticed I've kept myself rather busy."

John motions to desk in front of him.

" I guess I should update on what's been happening. Well after mine and Jasmin's...little squabble, I decided to go off and have a little think. I gotta admit at first I was obsessed on whether I was a good person or not, I was consistently flip flopping between deciding I was good and bad before...I just stopped caring. I realised what I did, what everyone may have done is in the past. The fact I'm here now fighting for the future,or will be, is what matters. I should be concerned about helping the people here, instead of being so obsessed with the past. As for what I think of Jasmin herself? I trust her to have my back in scrap. And she is a nice enough person, well when we're not trading blows anyway. I guess I consider her a friend."

John laughs a little.

"Not that it was surprising. Everyone here has a way being likable, even if you trade blows once in a while. Its like one big family..."

"Anyway as result of that think, I started to think again. This time about how I would contribute on the field. As you can see I started to train more as a heavy, after all the role suits me, I've always been one just to chuck lead downrange. And heck, we need more of them, I just hope the commander thinks the same way as I do when I'm finally put on the Combat rotor. "

"Speaking of which, that last Op was tense. Since all my room-mates where in the squad, and combined with the fact that the commander was very aggressive, leading half the squad into what was practically a fist fight. Though I will have to congratulate Aaron on his rocket of mass destruction, as well as his...creative way to clear a UFO he was standing next to. Anyway that's all there is to update on, well, apart from some nutty combat trainer that I'm not looking forward to meeting. John signing out."

PrismaCube

To- AllSoldiers@XCOM.net
From- SelenaSprous@XCOM.net

Hello everybody, Extraterrestrial Doctor & Scientis Selena Sprous here, some of you might know me others might not, I'm the teacher from Officer School, I recently got a horrible flu a couple months ago but recovered well from it. Now that I'm back in my old office feel free to visit me anytime you need something, I also have been assigned to watch over you all and make sure you are all feeling well here. I will try my best to fullfill any request you guy's might have or solve any problem you wish to talk to me about. You can usally find me in my office or in the MedBay treding patients. Now I made a small test for everybody to know where you stand right now in this base, for example are you feeling well or are you making enough friends and such, you do not have to fill out this test if you do not want to. But either way you will soon see me standing infront of your door. See you soon.

Check Up Test:

1: Name:

2: Age:

3: Room Nummber:

4: Roomates:

5: Current Status (ex: Happy, Angry)

6: What do you do in your free time?

7: Do you drink?

8: If you do drink, why?

9: Do you have familie members?

10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them?

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently?

12: How well do you rate yourself during combat?

13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers?

14: Do you feel safe in your current gear?

15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat?

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat?

17: How much extercise do you do weekly?

18: How are you handeling the casualties?

19: What do you think about the commander?

20: Who are you to yourself?

That is the end on the Check Up Test, all information will stay with me and be private. I will come around in the next couple of days. There is no penalty for not taking this test. Have a good day everybody and keep up the good fight.

Jhon Markith

Check Up Test Entry

1: Name: Stevie Steve
2: Age: 27
3: Room Number: 15-d
4: Roommates: Aaron Bryant, Big Farmer, John Cooper,
5: Current Status: Between depressed and content

6: What do you do in your free time? Read, lift weights, and train
7: Do you drink? On occasion
8: If you do drink, why? fun or to relax
9: Do you have family members? Yes
10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them? 1 brother- Jammy Steve- love and miss, father- Rex Steve- love and miss, and 1 Female Cousin- Kelsie Hearthorne- jealous and sorry for

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently? Images of another woman in the place of my x-wife.
12: How well do you rate yourself during combat? 6 or 7
13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers? for the most part
14: Do you feel safe in your current gear? Yes
15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat? All ways

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat? Of course
17: How much exercise do you do weekly? Every other day
18: How are you handling the casualties? Rough as most people
19: What do you think about the commander? Smart and cunning but has his issues
20: Who are you to yourself? Just another person

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Check Up Test:

1: Name: Zain Shah

2: Age:27

3: Room Number: 1

4: Roomates: Booker Conan

5: Current Status - Proud of my myself

6: What do you do in your free time? Drink and go to the gym (not necessarily at the same time)

7: Do you drink? Yes

8: If you do drink, why? It tastes good and you always have more fun if you're drunk.

9: Do you have familie members? Yep

10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them? Mom and Dad. They're alright but they were against me going to XCOM so I don't want to let them suffer another death of their child.

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently? Not really

12: How well do you rate yourself during combat? On a scale of 1 to 10, 8-9

13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers? Not all of them.

14: Do you feel safe in your current gear? Yup, that shit is sturdy as fuck.

15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat? Yeah, I do cos I'm a support.

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat? With Zhang and Booker, HELL YES!

17: How much extercise do you do weekly? Maybe 4-5 times a week.

18: How are you handeling the casualties? Took the recent ones pretty well, not the same case when I first got here.

19: What do you think about the commander? Bit of a dick but he's alright.

20: Who are you to yourself? That's some philosophical shit...I don't know

Check up test:

1: Name: Jasmin Lebed

2: Age: 20

3: Room Number: 3 (I think)

4: Roomates: Anja Kjær

5: Current Status: Beetween depressed and neutral

6: What do you do in your free time? Fire guns or train at the gym

7: Do you drink? Sometimes

8: If you do drink, why? Many reasons. Usually for fun in parties.

9: Do you have familie members? None.

10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them? -

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently? Yes, my fathers actions.

12: How well do you rate yourself during combat? Scale of 1-10, around 9

13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers? Some.

14: Do you feel safe in your current gear? I guess.

15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat? Their lives come before mine.

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat? Hard to say, never been on a mission here.

17: How much exercise do you do weekly? A jog every morning, spar training sometimes. Depends on the week and my feelings.

18: How are you handeling the casualties? I knew none of them, so theyr lives are irrelevant to me in a personal level.

19: What do you think about the commander? I have no thoughts of the commander.

20: Who are you to yourself? Eerm I'm no philosopher, so I don't guite understand the question.

AaronBryant

Aaron looks at the paper thinking to himself i thought this was going to be an exam or something hmm I have been pretty blessed recently. Aaron smiles to himself My prayers seem to have been answered im becoming stronger helping protect my friends and every one else is doing well to Im pretty stoked.

1: Name: Aaron Justin Bryant

2: Age: 21

3: Room Nummber: 15 in the D ward.

4: Roomates: Stevie Steve, Big Farmer, John Cooper

5: Current Status (ex: Happy, Angry) Im happy I have been promoted twice! and I am really picking up my role as a heavy Which according to commander odd is fantastic due to our lack of them.

6: What do you do in your free time? Mostly I work out at the gym, I kind lived there for a few months near the start of the X-Com project.

7: Do you drink? From time to time, i try and refrain from drinking most of the time because i dont want to poison my body but alcohol in moderation is actually a healthy thing.

8: If you do drink, why? I enjoy the flavors of a whiskey who is old enough to be my dad. I also enjoy being drunk from time to time but thats a rarity because i have to drink quite a lot to get that drunk.

9: Do you have familie members? My Dad but i havent heard from him in a while . . . and I dont want to talk about the others

10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them?

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently? Tytus the man is a psycho path he could have killed me with his elbows on my temples. The only reason i didnt go to the doctors is because I could still drag myself to my room.

12: How well do you rate yourself during combat? Fantastic! I have a pretty god kill count right now and I just keep getting better but its not because of me only. God has helped me become the strongest soldier i can be My body is powerful and my skills are rising.

13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers? Of course i have to if i dont then i might slip up on the battle field! besides they have not done anything really deserving of my mistrust.

14: Do you feel safe in your current gear? Yes! the titan armor makes me feel like master chief from the classic Halo game i remember when it first came out good times.

15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat? I have my faith to protect me so Ive got to help protect them plus im pretty beefy in dnd i was always a paladin.

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat? Stevie has always got my back and we are a damn good team!

17: How much extercise do you do weekly? 7 days a week about 6-8 hours . . . is that to much?

18: How are you handeling the casualties? im fine now it was aweful when it happened

19: What do you think about the commander? He is quite good at what he does, the man has my full respect and im proud to serve under him

20: Who are you to yourself? . . . A Paladin a warrior of god sent out to make the wicked fall and the righteous stand tall. I am his sword of righteous fury sent to swath and sweep the field of the damned and make pure the soil of the earth. My holy fire shall cleanse the demons from beyond the stars and usher in his holy name Yaweh! for he is god. Im also a budding poet!

fdog213

Tdogs journal entry 2: No has giving me a room number yet so I'm just kind of waiting to hear from somebody but since I got here and I have heard all kinds of gossip about some big head honchos around here like something I heard as this Hussain could smuggle liquor in and that makes me want to meet him more than anyone at this current moment. I need a drink so I am just going to walk the halls until I find him signing off ,Tdog

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
[Please note that some of Ayame's feelings might reflect my own]

Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: Guì yīng Takahashi (Sister), Ayaka Takahashi (Niece), Masao Takahashi (Brother-in-Law)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log

Ayame sits with a look of frustration. She sighs, saying, "I can't believe him. Look, I think the commander has been doing a decent job up until now, and I'm not going to say he doesn't know his stuff." She scratches the back of her head. "And of course Stevie, Aaron, and Zain kicked ass out there, and I'll have to congratulate them on they're promotions, especially Aaron with his double promotion." Ayame lets out another, deeper sigh. "But come on! A small scout mission, that only had five aliens, and that was the team you sent out?"

Ayame flops back in her chair, crossing her arms and pouting. "I...I'm not even upset I didn't get to go out, though that doesn't help. No, what pisses me off is that Anna didn't get to hit the field. I don't have anything against Anja, she's a nice woman and a great support, but it should have been Anna. She doesn't have a lot of combat experience, and pretty much no field experience. She needed an easy mission to wet her feet with. Now I'm scared her first mission is gonna put her in front of one of this new alien Mechas we just discovered. Its bad enough I have to worry about Anna's health problems with what she over heard from her doctors. I don't want to lose her because she was thrown into the fray unprepared."

Ayame shakes her head. "I'm so frustrated. Anna's sick, my friends are drowning themselves in alcohol, some giant asshole is going around, beating the crap out of soldiers. Persephone let me sleep in her bed with her again, but she was tossing and turning so much, I think she's starting to have nightmares like Anna. I didn't say anything, because I figured if she wanted to talk about it, she'd say something. I just hope she's okay."

"Hmm...maybe I should call my sister again. I know it hasn't been that long, but there is so much we need to catch up on. After thirteen years, she...she could be...no, she probably is a different person. But I'll always remember her as the big sister that could always make me feel better."

"In the meantime, I got this...um, survey from one of the doctors, so I guess I'll fill it out." Ayame grabs the survey and a pen, and switches off her camera.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Check Up Test:

1: Name: Kasagi, Ayame

2: Age: 20

3: Room Number: 44-B

4: Roomates: Brown, Persephone & Stone, Anna

5: Current Status (ex: Happy, Angry): Frustrated and Worried

6: What do you do in your free time?: Practice my Martial Arts, train at the shooting range, chat with my roommates.

7: Do you drink?: No

8: If you do drink, why?: N/A

9: Do you have family members? Yes

10: If yes, how many, and how do you feel about each of them? My sister Guì yīng, and my niece Ayaka. I love them very much, but I no little of them and hope to find out more.

11: Is there someone/something bothering you currently? An over zealous trainer named Tytus.

12: How well do you rate yourself during combat? Hand-to-hand, high. With small and medium firearms, moderate. With heavy firearms and explosives, low.

13: Do you trust your fellow Soldiers? With my life.

14: Do you feel safe in your current gear? The current gear has proven to be pretty efficient.

15: Do you feel like you need to protect your teammates in combat? I haven't had much experience protecting others, but I know that doing so is the key to victory in this war.

16: Do you feel safe with your teammates during combat? I feel most of them have proven themselves capable of watching my back.

17: How much exercise do you do weekly? Unless something comes up, in addition to my Martial Arts, I try to get an hours worth of exercise five days a week.

18: How are you handeling the casualties? Some of them hit me pretty hard, but I feel I have started to learn to cope.

19: What do you think about the commander? I feel he is doing a good job, but he needs to work on planning for the future more, especially when it comes to his lower ranking soldiers.

20: Who are you to yourself? A difficult question. I am, at times, a shy, some what bratty, short tempered girl, but I feel when push comes to shove, I am capable of proving I can be relied on, if only for a short while. I also see myself as one who must ensure the happiness of those I've come to care for.

Jhon Markith

Collaboration of Jhon Markith and AaronBryant
(Before current time, after Aaron 2nd mission)

Stevie walks in to his bunk and notices Aaron, "So, how is it going man."

"It's ok I guess." Aaron replies with his Bible in his hand.

"So, how do you think about the last to missions, and thanks for trying to have my back." Stevie says with a smile.

Aaron turns to Stevie and smiles " I thought HOLY SHIT have I got a big gun in my hand, that's a whole new style of fighting to me. Plus you're always so out in the open, so venerable and I'm kinda pissed at my self for missing my shots so often, I'm better than that I know it. I just never used a weapon that bulky before. I wanna get really good with it, though I'd rather get better with it than with my explosives to be sure, cause Zhang's got that covered."

"All I can say is you will need to learn the power and the grip of the weapon, hey, look at the time I first used the scatter shot, I missed because of the recoil. Beautiful weapon by the way. Now do you understand why I call it hell?" Stevie says intently

" Yes" Aaron says solemnly He takes his sword out from under the bed and begins polishing it "its crazy and wild and so invigorating my blood was boiling"

"Well, for now, its the only thing we can do." Stevie pulls out a picture from his pocket. "She was all I could think about since I joined X-COM, and before that. My wife, that is, but lately, I... I have seen similar images of the image of her dying but with a different face. I can never seem to remember it though."

Aaron stares at Stevie "That's kind of messed up . . . you try talking to Dr. Faye about it?"

"Not quite yet." Stevie sighs, "Ayame is joining soon isn't see."

"Yea it'll be good to have us all on the field at once kicking ass and taking names!" Aaron looks happy "Its better than us waiting here for each other to return."

"Yeah, but when you think about it, its a terrifying image to lose a friend on the field." Stevie takes a breath, "It is something you cant forget about, you know."

" I'd rather know right away, but I get what your saying. This whole soldier thing is pretty crazy . . . If I die remember jareth2014" Aaron smiles "Just something I'm gunna need handled oh and make sure I'm cremated"

"I'd rather be birred. But sure thing." Stevie starts to think "How about we work on your aim."

Aaron rubs his side "Damn, alright I don't mind shooting large guns" He smiles devilishly.

"So, where are you at on your accuracy." Stevie questions Aaron.

"Rather Low Man, it's a difficult gun to get used to. I'm used to light weaponry." Aaron hefts up the light machine gun.
"Well lets see how much work you need."

Aaron picks up the LMG and turns the safety off feeding in a clip " Here it goes" He pulls the trigger the barrel begins rotating slowly spitting slug after slug quickly reaching full speed. The gun begins banging against Aarons ribs and he tries to skillfully spray the room hitting most of his marks but missing more than his fair share. "Its not bad just no good enough I guess."

"Well, instead of spraying, take short and quick bursts." Stevie suggests.

" Its the recoil it bounces me into the trigger then backs off and bounces off. I need a steadying mechanism something to help hold it although the laser LMG should be fine but its still heats up real bad. Ill get use to it the more I use it I just hope I get used to it before I end up dead" Aaron laughs.

Stevie smiles, "Yeah, I guess you will." then he looks down, "So, did you patch it up with Ayame."

"Not yet but I'm going to bring her this later" He holds out a Chrysalid claw "I snapped it off one of there legs earlier I'm hoping it brings some kind of peace of mind to Anna."

"Well, I hope it works out, but if I know her, you might want to be wearing armor or bring a shield." Stevie looks around and laughs, "I'm kind of worried about when she gets some action. I mean, she can clearly handle herself against people at the base, but she is trying to be more of a person that will listen to your problems and is trying to keep everyone's morals up, and I know I could be wrong, its just, I hope she doesn't witness any thing that will make her lose her mind." Stevie ponders, "Like losing one of her friends, you know."

" She's pretty tough Stevie I think she will be messed up for a while but she will turn it around and use it if I know her it wont be a problem for to long I have a lot of faith in her." Aaron looks solemn as he says this.

"Yeah, you are probably right." Stevie looks down, takes a breath and looks back up, "As they say- The one thing that can heal all wounds, time."

Aaron punches Stevie in the shoulder and smirks "Nerd."

"Its not as bad as paladin." Stevie looks down, "Not in the righteous way, but as a nick-name."

"Ha" Aaron grabs Stevie around the shoulder "Lets go get some grub man I'm starving and I need a last meal no matter how bad before I go see Ayame."

AaronBryant

Name: Aaron Bryant
Current Rank: Cpl
Mission Name: Defiant Grave
Mission Objective:

• Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
  • Locate and gain entry to the UFO
Kills This Mission: 3 Dead Aliens
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 6

The throes of war are turning me into an even deadlier weapon i though that being a heavy would end up killing me but it turns out that is quite the contrary! On this mission Zhang said something weird to me about a Curse and how he never believed in it but that Comander Odd was. The mission started off pretty exciting right away a Zerk Mutt came running at us but we stunned it and its currently being held in the holding pen. Then Zhain annihilated a regular Mutt those new plasma rifles are absolutely poppin. It seemed like there was a short earthquake near the start of the mission to. Everything was real shaky. As we tried to gain entrance into the ship BOOM three chrysalids come running straight for us Commander odd had the rest of the team whittle them down and I sent them off with a gorgeous display of lights and by lights i mean a huge freaking rocket blew out a huge chunk of the wall two and one was left standing Zhain wiped him up real quick though. We all went inside of the ship it was freaking huge to be honest i was a little overwhelmed and then . . .We were damn near suronded surronded to super floaters and two thin men. Scary as hell is how i would describe it. We busted through them to. Shall i compare thy squad to a wrecking ball! It was pretty quite for a long time then there was a huge sectpod. we all took shots bringing it down through team work some mutons popped up and we popped them! all in all it was pretty fantastic. I was promoted once again!

AaronBryant

Collab Between Aaron Bryant and Zombiesplitter53

X-Com survalience video 29485-24554

Aaron Knocks on Ayames door hard. His bruises cuts and fractured bones still unhealed letting himself feel the pain of defeat was all part of the process when his dad taught him to box "Ayame, I need you!" Aarons voice is mixed with fury and pain. Having been only two days since his fight with Tytus he was finally able to move this morning.

There is no answer from the door. After a minute, Ayame appears around a corner, her hair dripping wet, her clothes disheveled. She has a blank, zombie like look as she approaches her door. "Ayame" Aaron stumbles " what happened to your. . . " Aarons face goes flat "Tytus?" Ayame looks up at Aaron, seeming to notice him for the first time. "Oh...hi Aaron...(cough) w-who's Tytus?"

" The ass hole who did this to me." Aaron sits with his back to his wall. " He is big stupid ugly and abrasive probably insulted you a lot? I need your help" "Oh...I-I see, the gorilla..." Ayame leans against the wall, slowly sliding down until she sits next to Aaron. "What did you need from me?" Ayame sounds distant.

" I need you to teach me to fight dirty, crafty, sneaky Im to much boxer not enough grapple not enough sneak" Aaron looks at her " And if you want ill teach you what i know. You might be able to get a lot more out of your punch if you mix styles of fighting. In short i plan on fucking Tytus up that stupid shiterback gorilla is gunna get his." Aaron blinks heavily "You in?"

Ayame spits some blood to her side and shakes her head. "Um...I (cough) I'm not sure if I'm fit to...to teach anyone. Martial Arts requires a lot of discipline, and I proved that I'm incapable of that." She pulls her knees forward, sulking. "He is twice my height and probably three times my weight, and I charged him like an amatuer, like...like a rabid bitch." She sighs, placing her forhead against her knees. "You don't want me to teach you."

" Ayame You Have plenty of discipline. What did he do to make you charge?" Aaron rests his head on the wall. "He...took advantage of my short temper. He mocked my size, questioning my right to be here, and...he called...me...a whore. I lost control after that. I had no chance at that point. Anna has always told me my temper would get me in trouble, and now I see why."

" Then lets train that!" Aaron looks at her out of the corner of his eye. " You can train just about anything. I need you and you want to watch Tytus fall right? I cant do it with out you." "...sure, we can give it a try..." Ayame says without lifting her head.

"Aaron pushes himself up" And reaches a hand out to Ayame. "Before we start i want you to know You said ok and that if you have to take me to the doctor tell Jess i said hi." Ayame smiles, and grabs Aaron's hand, painfully pulling herself up. "Don't worry, you can tell her yourself when you have to bring me there. "

Aaron laughs and doubles over " Oh god please dont make me laugh" Aaron begins shuffling toward the gym. "I got picked on a lot as a kid. The biggest part about not letting things get to you is to realize that words are nothing except what you make them. I realized very early that unless some one matters to you, you shouldnt put any weight in the words they speak because they dont know you." Aaron opens the door for Ayame.

"I guess you have tougher skin then me," Ayame says, entering the gym. "Even as a kid, I let everything get to me. Lizzy was like you, telling me not to care what others say. I guess I never learned." She averts her eyes from the two crewmen fixing the dumbbell stand.

". . . You Ready?" Aaron gives her a smile "Where do u want to start? Fighting or wordplay?" "Umm...I'm not sure...wordplay, I guess." Ayame says with trepidation. "Steel yourself Close your eyes and focus on my foot steps. Remember that i love you Ayame." Aaron steps heavy and hard in a circle around Ayame. Ayame looks confused, but does as she's told, closing her eyes and concentrating.

Aaron sighs and keeps walking "You suck". Tap Tap Tap "You're Alone and dont matter" Tap Tap Tap. Ayame turns to him. "W...What?" "EYES CLOSED" Aaron steps heavier "repeat what i said!" Ayame closes her eyes again. "Umm...You suck. You're alone and you do not matter." "WRONG" Aaron walks slower pronouncing each footstep "Focus on the footsteps" Aaron continues moving in a circle " Your not good enough your only here because you rode on the shoulders of giants before you you are nothing" Aaron makes each step loud " Repeat what I said."

Ayame's voice shakes as she repaets Aaron's words. "I'm...not good enough. I-I'm only here...b-because I rode on...the shoulders of giants. I'm...nothing..." Ayame clenches her fists. "WRONG!" Aaron screams in her ear, and then almost in a whisper "Focus on the foot steps" Aaron continues in circles "You are like an ant before a mountain no matter how long you try and climb your way up you will never reach the top because you will never be strong enough" Aaron begins marching in place his thumping feet getting louder " Repeat what i said!"

"I'm like an ant before...before a mountain, No matter how long I try and climb, I...I'll never reach the top because...because I...." She slowly moves her head, following Aaron's movements. "Aaron...I don't understand...and you're starting to really piss me off." Aaron sighs "footsteps Ayame they say nothing you focus on them and there will be nothing said no words no anger just simple terrifyingly cold logic that you can use" Aaron sits down and rubs his legs "You know i meant none of that right?"

Ayame opens her eyes, a look of realization on her face. "Oh, I see. I was supposed to ignore your words by focusing on you footsteps. Of course." She sits next to him. "I'm sorry, Aaron. I guess I'm too slow on the uptake. Are your legs okay?" "Nope" Aaron laughs " Ow" He settles for smiling " You can also tell when some ones coming in for a punch if you listen hard enough boxers use their feet for power if you want to take the power out of his punches try and sprain his ankle he wont be able to hit you unless he wants to fall in pain, specially with his weight." Aaron stands up slow " Your turn. I need some grapples or some way to fight his ground game im almost sure i got him beat when we are just throwing fists but he starts coiling around me and im done" Aaron coughs.

"Sure...um, what kind of experience do you have with grappling and submissions. Do you know any moves in particular?" Ayame inquires. "We go through some advanced stuff in commando training i was just hella bad at it" Aaron coughs again " I guess what i was best at was an arm bar but i dont see that working on him. I find myself once again thinking if we take him out below the knees then he shouldnt be to difficult but his ground game is leauges above my own so he would just put me in submission if he got torn down on the ground" Aaron starts mumbling to himself " OH sorry um yea they taught me a lot im just really dependent on boxing."

"I agree, the best thing might be getting him down. I know a few submission maneuvers I was taught a while ago. Most are useless for me, but you're a lot more strong physically. First, do you know how to do a leg sweep?" Aaron gets up and kneels with one leg out and sweeps "Like that" His face is twisted in a grimace of pain his purple, brown and yellow blotched skin paining him with his movments but he fights through it.

"That's pretty good. Just remember two things. First, be quick and don't telegraph. If you do, they'lll just dodge. Second, be sure to follow through. If you don't, you could really hurt yourself, especially on some one as big as that gorilla. Aim for a spot beyond their legs, not the legs themselves." She thinls for a moment. "Lie on your stomach for me, please."

Aaron rolls onto his stomach "awesome ill keep that all in mind, is this the part of the lesson were we take a nap?" "Not quite." Ayame wraps her thighs around one of Aaron's ankles. She drops on top of him, wraps her hands around his head, and pulls, stretching his nec, back, and ankle. "This is called a stepover toehold headlock. It probably doesn't hurt a lot because of my size difference, but on Tytus..."

Aaron screams "OWWWWWWWW" laughs "that hurt plenty! but i get you cool" Aaron winces "Your thighs are crushing my ankle Ayame". Ayame releases him. "Sorry...I was trying to hard, I guess. I learned that from an American wrestler while his group was in Japan for a show. Did you want me to show you one more. I promise I'll be careful."

AaronBryant

Part 2

Aaron smiles "Sure im good for all you can give me im just gunna be a little bitch about it" His bruised eyes twinkling with the prospect of learning new tactics. Ayame looks him over "Hm...what can I show you...I've got to think as though I was fighting someone as close to my size as you are to Tytus. Um...oh, I know. How about the Cobra Twist." Ayame stands behind Aaron. She jumps up, straddling his leg and pulling his arm under hers and locking her hands. Blushing a bit, she says, "Um, obviously this is supposed to be done with you standing on the ground. You would squat and twist to the side, flexing your opponents back and stretching their abdomen, like a snake. Oh! There is one move I can do from this position, bu it might hurt a bit. Are you ready?"

Aaron relaxes and looks over his shoulder " Do your worst Madame Kasagi" Ayame hooks her right leg around Aaron's left leg. She wraps an arm around Aaron's right arm, and drapes her free leg over his neck, forcing it downward. She stretches, putting strain on Aaron's leg, arm, and neck while putting all of her weight on his back. Aaron tries to be as relaxed as possible then he feels a shooting pain "OK AHH got it got it."

Ayame jumps off. "That's called an octopus hold. A lot of it relies on your weight pushing down on your opponents neck and back. I only weigh 42 kilos, so you can imagine how much it would hurt if you did it." Ayame raises her hands in defense. "N-Not...not that I'm calling you fat, you're just bigger then me." "Oh god that hurt and no shit im not fat ive lived in this" Aaron winces " Ahh gym for like three months im AHHHH FUCK" Aaron curls over " I think something got pulled fucking tytus fucknut!"

"Oh god, are you okay?! Im so sorry! Let me help you to the infirmary!" Ayame reaches down to help Aaron up. Aaron rolls and uses Ayame to get on his two feet " How do i . . . Ahh. . . Look" Aaron laughs slightly. He uses Ayame very delicately to walk.
Ayame smiles nervously. "Like you tried to fight a Muton with one hand tied behind your back."

Aaron pauses for a second "Awesome" and hobbels off with Ayame.

Last edited:

PrismaCube

Collaboration between PrismaCube and AaronBryant

Aaron waits till the class is over. He approaches the good doctor " Hello Dr. Sprous Im Ro. . I mean Colonel Aaron Bryant i was hoping if i could have a moment of your valuable time?"

Selena puts down her papers and turns to Aaron
"Its good to meet you Colonel Aaron, and yes sure I always have time for my Students, what is bothering you at the moment?"

"Im sure you have noticed after reviewing but i havent been doing the best in class. Im afraid im a poor student but i would appreciate it if you might tutor me or refer me to some one who has the time im sure your very busy with lesson prep. I just. . . ." Aaron looks unsteady for a moment his bruises from Tytus mostly faded but still causing him a bit of pain his legs still slightly unsteady. "Dont want to end up like the other heavies and i was always taught knowledge is the best weapon."

Selena thinks for a moment...
"Hmm Aaron, I did notice you were not doing so well, sadly I just came back recently and still have to get settled in, but I can find you a study partner probably, one of my best before I got Ill was Colin, but he wasnt here in class today, maybe next time he will come then I can ask him to help you with that. Or Joel, he might also help you out with that. That is the least I can do. I can however plan to if noone else wants to study with you, tutor you, you just have to give me a time and a location and I will try to be there. How does that sound?"

"Um, about Colin mame. . . . he was gunned down quite some time ago" Aaron is quiet "Im sorry to have bothered you and i would appreciate the best study partner available so i can wait till whenever your able to. When are you available?"

Selena is quite for a moment
"Ohh...its sad to see one of your best students to pass away and not even know about it."
Selena quickly changes her aditude
"Well well, lets see I still have to clean my office and catch up on some reports, also the Catch Up Test will be tommorow, feel free to take it if you want, its just to check up on everybody and tells me who I might have to talk to, to keep them happy and such. But other than that I have time next week and by then I hopefully found someone who can help you to study. Umm who is your current top squad leader?"

"Zhang most likely but he is so busy with paper work, Um . . . " Aaron thinks for a moment " I have a proposition that may satisfy both our needs! As a teacher and a doctor im sure you have more than your fair share of work but if you had a student aid to assist you in your menial tasks you would have more time to perfect your projects or even enjoy yourself. At the same time you could be tutoring me! Which i would like most of all seeing as no one would be better suited to teach me than the teacher!" Aaron looks with hopeful eyes.

"Well, I will have to talk to the commander about what exactly you could do for me, but the idea isnt that bad, none the less I will still keep watch for someone who has time to teach you something too."

Yes Mame!" Aaron gives a crisp salute. "I will most definitely be taking the test i need to review as much as I can if you have any more questions about happenings around the base i wouldnt mind answering them Dr. Sprouse"

Selena smiles
"That is good to hear Aaron, I will remeber that, but at the moment I'm fine, now I hope you dont mind if I continue cleaning up my office? Like I said next week should be a great time to meet again."

Aaron proceeds to the door waving.

PrismaCube

Collaboration between PrismaCube and Zain Shah

Zain is walking back to his room when he realizes he hasn't given much coaching recently so he heads over to the Officer Training School where he stumbles upon a new female member of the base, he approaches her and says "Hi, are you new here?"

Selena smiles
"Hello, well yes and no, I teached here months ago but got this really nasty flu which knocked me out for the last months. And who might you be?"

"I'm Major Zain Shah, one of the supports, but call me Zain." Zain shakes her hand "If you missed the last few months, you don't know how much has happened. Tons of deaths and drama around base."

"Good to meet you Zain, and yes I heared about that, I lack of Heavies in the base, since most died in battle, one being one of my best students back then. But tell me is there something you need from me?"

"Um...No, not that I can think of; I just come here sometimes to train some inactive recruits so that they are ready to hit the field." Zain examines the empty room "Guess business is slow today."

"Yup there was a guy earlier in here...Aaron I think his name was, maybe you know him, not so sure, but he can sure use someone like you to help him train, if that is fine with you, but other than that it hasnt been so busy for me ever since I got back."

"I think I know the guy, he asked me for some booze ages ago and he is one of our 2 heavies; I'm just afraid that the Commander may overwork him, he has been on every mission since he was recruited and I think he can feel the pressure."

"That is true I did read about that, but you can not blame the commander, as far as I know most of the heavies who went into battle did not come back alife, so it only makes sence that he has to catch up to where the once who passed away should be now."

"I guess that's true." Zain continues "Oh, I forgot to ask your name."

Selena laughes
"Oh that aint a problem Zain, my name is Selena, Selena Sprous, I work as a Doctor and Scientist here, my offical rank is Extraterrestrial Doctor & Scientis Selena Sprous, but Selena is just fine."

"Oh, so you're a doctor? Wow, after all the recent doctors I've had run ins with, you're by far the best" Zain hints at the incident with Dr Lee. "Have you met anyone else yet besides Aaron?"

Selena seem flattered
"Why thank you, but what do you mean I'm the best? And no, noone else botherd to visit yet, but I guess that isnt a problem, pretty soon I have to say hello to everybody personaly anyway."

"I met this one doctor that has some info against me and now I have to do him a favour."

Selena things for a couple of seconds
"So what you mean to tell me is that this doctor is blackmailing you?"

"I guess but I did something I shouldn't have done and I accept the favour as repayment for not ratting me out."

"Ah I see, well if you ever need someone to talk about it, that is pretty much what I'm also here for."

"Well, hypothetically, if you had to either take a big punishment or let a good friend take a smaller punishment, which one would you pick?"

"That is a tough choice, I woudnt know what to say to that, guess I would have to be in that kind of situation to know the answear, but I guess if the punishment is smaller for your friend, we would have to assume it would be the better choice of the two right?"

Zain smiles "Thanks, I really needed reassurance that I did the right thing instead of the thing that would cause me less harm."

Selena is at an uneas for a minute.
"No problem Zain..."
Selena gets a friendly smile across her face
"...that is what I'm here for, now do you still need something? I dont want to throw you out, but I still got lots of work to do. I'm sure you can understand that right?"

"No, not really I guess. I guess I'll see you later." Zain puts his hand out for a handshake.

Selena smiles and shakes his hand.
"Alright Zain see you soon."

Zain walks off, back to his room.

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Colonel Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Kills- 23
Missions- 14
Support

Zain turns on his camera and shows his colonel badge "Yep, I'm a colonel and as soon as I got back I was instantly in the OTS to learn my new skill." Zain puts away his badge "I spent hours but I finally perfected it; now I can fire two reaction shots when I see an alien." Zain smiles "Look how far I made it; I was a rookie some months back and now I'm XCOM's finest support soldier. I also killed a fucking MUTON by myself in one shot and I was pretty far away but that scope that I got definitely helped." Zain scratches his eyes "We also saw this motherfucking sectopod, it is pretty much an alien mech; I wonder if we could some of those."

Zain's expression turns sour "Dr Lee wasn't exactly happy with me when I said that Ayame didn't agree to do the date but he said he'll work around it so today I'm on high alert near his room tomorrow." Zain places his hands on his head "I still have no fucking idea on how to tell Ayame about the whole incident if doctor pervert tries something, NO FUCKING IDEA!" Zain has a moment of enraged shouting but takes a breath and calms down "I'd better uncover the truth about Anna if I'm getting into waist deep shit." The new doctor in the Officer Training School seems nice, we had a quick talk but after being away for so long, I'm not surprised that she is quite busy; I've also got Dr Faye investigating about what is happening with Anna's brain, I don't want to confront her until I have sufficient evidence."

Zain yawns "I guess that's my cue to stop." He turns off the camera and goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.