X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxor_the_First

I know how you feel, t seems like everyone has played the Persona Games but me :/
And there's another one.

I'm "that guy", the one who comes late to everything. Hell, I only started playing Mass Effect about 2 weeks before Odd did (which was kinda creepy, but whatever. On a side note, do you have any idea how difficult it is to locate a physical copy of ME3 for PC? Found plenty for the Wii U though). Came in late to Bioshock at Infinite, came into Metroid at Prime 3 (although the first Prime is probably my favorite game of all time), and I got X COM EU about a year after its release. Late to everything, and I get excited about something and everyone's like "Dude, that is old. We discussed this like a year ago."
It's the same with movies. I've never seen a James Bond movie, or an Alien movie. One of my friends has actually compiled a full list of things I have to see at some point, and it's currently at least 20 items long, with full series only counting as one item.
I need more time, damn it. And money.

PrismaCube

My problem is that all my real life friends do not play the same games as me :(
It's like this, dude try out this new mmorpg, the response is always "Nah man I don't like mmorpgs"
"Have you played Diablo yet?" "Nope never heard of it"
The only thing possible most of us have in common is League of Legends xD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I'll see your friends that are ahead of you and friends with differing interests, and rase you a lack of friends entirely. Unfortunately, chatting on this sight is often the most social interaction I get.:confused:

Adrammalech

Ever since I stopped playing Dota, I realized my friends are video game hipsters. I can't get them to play anything because evil corporate overlords unless it's an indie Scandinavian water polo sim or something.

Zain Shah

I have a hard time relating to my friends in terms of gaming because all they play is call of duty and fifa. I have actually never even played online with my friends.

PrismaCube

I have a hard time relating to my friends in terms of gaming because all they play is call of duty and fifa. I have actually never even played online with my friends.

I know what you mean, two of my best friends talk about nothing but Call of Duty all the time. It's a bother and when it comes to Fifa... the rest of my class....

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I mean no offense to people who play Call of Duty. It isn't my thing, but I see why other people enjoy it.

That being said, I am sick and tired of hearing people talk like they're gamers when Call of Duty is the ONLY game they play. I wouldn't even find it so irritating if they didn't act like there is something wrong with me for not playing it. Dude, you play one game. Expand a bit, even of you playgames in the same genre. I'm not asking you to jump from CoD to WOW or Final Fantasy, but at least try Socom or Halo.

Gahlo

My problem is that all my real life friends do not play the same games as me :(
It's like this, dude try out this new mmorpg, the response is always "Nah man I don't like mmorpgs"
"Have you played Diablo yet?" "Nope never heard of it"
The only thing possible most of us have in common is League of Legends xD
I remember getting into League because most of my friends were playing it and wouldn't shut up about it. 2.5 years later and most of them have stopped.

Zain Shah

Since I live in the UK, it's considered abnormal to not play fifa while I find sports games extremely boring so the only "mainstream" game I can talk about is pokemon and I even have a friend with whom I only talk about pokemon.

PrismaCube

I remember Junior High in Canada, we had a whole group of people who played Pokemon, we would always meet in the library at recess and play. Oh those day's in the underground in Pokemon Platinum <3

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Since I live in the UK, it's considered abnormal to not play fifa while I find sports games extremely boring so the only "mainstream" game I can talk about is pokemon and I even have a friend with whom I only talk about pokemon.
I'm right there with you. I understand the appeal of sports games, but for me, it gets boring and repetitive too fast. Its akin to playing a fighting game with no special moves, where you can only punch or kick. I don't know, maybe its just because I'm not a sports fan. I'd rather just get the latest Pokemon game then the latest NFL game. At least Pokemon makes more of an effort to update their games then small tweeks and slight graphic improvements.

Dahlexpert

I remember Junior High in Canada, we had a whole group of people who played Pokemon, we would always meet in the library at recess and play. Oh those day's in the underground in Pokemon Platinum <3

Man I remember those days,the days were Pokemon yugioh and bey bladed were surprise.Ah those were the days man I miss those days.

Frostlich1228

I remember getting into League because most of my friends were playing it and wouldn't shut up about it. 2.5 years later and most of them have stopped.

I got into League because I had just got out of my "Addicted to WoW Phase", That's when my brother found League through an add.
He showed it to me one day and I played through the Tutorial Missions, I didn't really the like the gameplay that much, I thought it was boring at first. But I Forced myself to give it another chance... That was around two years ago :p

Taxor_the_First

I'm pretty lucky. My group of friends pretty much have the same taste in video games as I do. Most of the games I have played within the last two years have been at their suggestion; Bioshock Infinite (because only one had played it and he was dying for someone to talk to about it), Mass Effect (because two of them would not shut up about it and I decided to see what the fuss was about), and Terraria (which a friend bought for me so he had someone to play with). One of them does play LoL, but he told me not to try it because I'd probably get raged at for being a nub in the beginning (I've played Payday. I'm used to this.) and it's a massive time-waster (but Civ V though).
My first Pokemon game (and first proper game ever) was Emerald. Another late start, but a good one. To this day it remains my favorite, although X and Y did challenge that a bit.
Speaking of, Yveltal = Harbinger. You know it's true.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Just a reminder that I am going to start streaming what I have dubbed "Season 4.5" very soon. We have some good applications, but i am leaving it open for new people to come in. We still have all of the critical personnel open too (Shen, Vahlen, etc), and everyone seems pretty friendly.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sergeantatams/
RP forum: http://season4-5.proboards.com

With all of the waiting and planning going on here, we should see some real nice applications!

Status
Not open for further replies.