X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahlo

sports-comic.jpg

How+do+I+sports+.+There+was+only+two+minutes+left_2dd311_4970068.gif

Srs though... my baseball and hockey teams are meh, football is still in offseason(draft soon, woo!), and basketball is utter garbage.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Personally, I can't believe the Besaid Aurochs actually beat the Luca Goers. I heard it was because of that new blitzer. He's like something out of a dream. And then monsters showed up and the new Measter summoned his mom, a giant, creepy aeon that was crying blood and blowing up the monsters with mind bullets (that's telekinesis, Kyle). Crazy day, I tell you.

Hey, anyone here ever play F.E.A.R. 2? If so, can anyone tell how Alma gets pregnantat at the end? I mean, I know the mechanics, I know when a woman really loves a man, she straps him into a chair and has her way with him while he psychically fights his former teammate that's turned into the crypt-keeper, I'm not an idiot. But if her body is technically dead, and she's just animating it with her incredible force of will, then how does a dead body get pregnant? And don't tell me a wizard did it, or else you ain't getting any pizza rolls.

Zain Shah

I'm actually really into sports. I play rugby, cricket, basketball and footbal (soccer for you americans).

Lots of game 7s in the nba playoffs; am i right? ;)

Dahlexpert

One thank you Adrammalech, for Correcting me with the tearm football and futball.

And second I'm with prismacube,I also don't like any sports .

Adrammalech

I watch a(n American) football game every now and then. I was in a fantasy league with my friends one year. I gave up on like week four, wound up getting 3rd place anyway. Pretty cool.

Taxor_the_First

I mean, I know the mechanics, I know when a woman really loves a man, she straps him into a chair and has her way with him while he psychically fights his former teammate that's turned into the crypt-keeper, I'm not an idiot.
That's... not how it works. Unless you're into that kinda thing, anyway.

But if her body is technically dead, and she's just animating it with her incredible force of will, then how does a dead body get pregnant? And don't tell me a wizard did it, or else you ain't getting any pizza rolls.
No wizards huh?
Hmm.
Ancient-Aliens.jpg

That's the third time I've used that picture this year. I need to stop.

I'm terrible at sports in terms of physically kicking the ball etc, but I can read the game very well and I usually end up in a good position. The only question then is what to do with this round thing I've suddenly inherited.
The answer is usually "Offload! OFFLOAD!"

Frostlich1228

I'm terrible at sports in terms of physically kicking the ball etc, but I can read the game very well and I usually end up in a good position. The only question then is what to do with this round thing I've suddenly inherited.
The answer is usually "Offload! OFFLOAD!"

At least you can play something with getting hit in the face with balls...
You'd be surprised how many balls I get in my face when I play sports...

Wait... That came out wrong...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I once participated in a buffalo wing eating contest. Does that count as a sport? I mean, it was a competition with a prize. Other then that, I haven't watched or played sports since highschool. I remember playing touch football...until someone clotheslined me and I had to go to the nurses office.

Taxor_the_First

I remember playing touch football...until someone clotheslined me and I had to go to the nurses office.
They were playing the wrong game.

I too used to play touch football, but I could never catch anyone. That is, until my parents offered me $1 for every person I tapped.
First game after that, came home with $20.

Dahlexpert

I too used to play touch football, but I could never catch anyone. That is, until my parents offered me $1 for every person I tapped.
First game after that, came home with $20.

There is just something about a parent offering there child something, that makes the child motivated as hell.

I remember asking my dad for XBOX live,and he told me I can get it and continue playing on it if I get good grades.And for the past 8 months I had nothing but A b c, but Spanish screwed me over with one d,still keep my Xbox live though.

Frostlich1228

I think it's about time we changed the subject to something other than sports XD

How about... We talk about Mass Effect! But nothing about the story post ME 2, Wouldn't want to spoil it for Chris :p

Zain Shah

Alright I have a dilemma. I am currently completing mass effect 3 but instead of playing the first mass effect, I decided to use mass genesis instead and I am planning another playthrough so do you think I should just use genesis again or buy mass effect (£12). I'm on ps3 btw

Adrammalech

What about ME2? The story really carries the game in ME1...if you want to fine-tune your save going into ME2, I would get it, but if you're just looking for the overall experience you can probably get the same from Odd's playthrough.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Alright I have a dilemma. I am currently completing mass effect 3 but instead of playing the first mass effect, I decided to use mass genesis instead and I am planning another playthrough so do you think I should just use genesis again or buy mass effect (£12). I'm on ps3 btw
All depends on both the time and money you've got. With it's availability, I'd go ahead and buy the original if you have the time to play it. Think of it like this: when Metal Gear Solid came out, it came with a synopsis of Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for those of us who weren't lucky enough to have a Famicom (here in the U.S., all we got was a crappy port of the first game for the NES...and it suuuuuuucked). Don't get me wrong, they were go synopsizes, but I'd have loved to get a chance to actually play the originals.

Frostlich1228

All depends on both the time and money you've got. With it's availability, I'd go ahead and buy the original if you have the time to play it. Think of it like this: when Metal Gear Solid came out, it came with a synopsis of Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for those of us who weren't lucky enough to have a Famicom (here in the U.S., all we got was a crappy port of the first game for the NES...and it suuuuuuucked). Don't get me wrong, they were go synopsizes, but I'd have loved to get a chance to actually play the originals.

Don't they have all three games in a Package now?
I swear I saw that at a gamesop somewhere :/

Status
Not open for further replies.