X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahlo

I played the demo. It's nice if you like OOOOOOOLD final fantasy games and the tactics job system... unfortunately the tactics job system is one of my most despised things in gaming.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I normally don't care for jobs either, but this one isn't bad. The game seems to center around the idea of customizability. You can save turns or use turns early, the job system is easy to use and you can give characters different abilities from non-equipped jobs, you can customize each character's special moves, you can even customize the difficulty in ways I've never seen in an RPG, including whether or not you gain EXP, Job points, or money, strength of enemies, and enemy encounter rate from 0% to 200%. And despite all this, I've never felt overwhelmed or like I'm being pushed to do things that drag the game down.

As far as the story goes, I'm only a few hours in, but it seems like standard fare so far, nothing big but decent. It kind of reminds me of the story from FFVI.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hmm......ummmm.....

Benny_the_Cab.jpg

And about those Brooklyn Dodgers? Are they bums or what!?

PrismaCube

So, anyone else hear about that new micheal jackson song, man what a great guy he is, dies and still releases songs years after his death.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I just don't understand why it's so hard to make an adaptation, put something in to make it your own, and then leave the rest of it alone. I mean, the main market for these films are those nostalgic over them, right. So how do they plan to please said target audience by changing everything that made it great, putting in things that make it stupid and instantly date it, and treating their audience like idiots?

I mean, did you see the last Resident Evil movie? Dear God, I was literally squirming in my seat by the ten minute mark. Someone I work with told me he thinks they're all great movies, and I told him I could come up with 100 things wrong with them in three days. I thought I was challenging myself, at least until I finished with the first movie and already had twenty-five things.

Dahlexpert

I mean, did you see the last Resident Evil movie? Dear God, I was literally squirming in my seat by the ten minute mark. Someone I work with told me he thinks they're all great movies, and I told him I could come up with 100 things wrong with them in three days. I thought I was challenging myself, at least until I finished with the first movie and already had twenty-five things.

You do relies that you had to force your self to watch I don't no how man resident evil movies,just to prove a point to your coworker.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
You do relies that you had to force your self to watch I don't no how man resident evil movies,just to prove a point to your coworker.
Nah, the movies are so bad, they engrained on my mind, like a friggin' scar. The list was completely from memory. I can only imagine how much longer the list would have been if I'd actually gone back and watched them.

What can I say, I love to complain about bad movies that piss me off. Especially video game movies based on my favorite games, like Resident Evil, or Silent Hill, or anything made by Uwe Bowl.

BMPixy

Speaking of 'bad' movies, I heard through the grapevine that there is work being done on a sequel for Space Jam.

BMPixy

I.....I...Ugh...why?!!!? How?! Who's it going to star, Dennis Rodman and Dane Cook?

From a bit of research, it is apparently going to star LeBron James, with the screenplay written by Willie Ebersol and produced by Charlie Ebersol. I for one, welcome our new ballin' overlords.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
This summer, the Nerdlucks are back for one more shot at conquering the Looney Toons. And this time, they've brought a whole new game.

Bugs Bunny! Tiger Woods! Space Jam 2: Hole in Fun!

Special Guest appearence from Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Chambell, Gilbert Gottfried, Batman, and the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

Dahlexpert

This summer, the Nerdlucks are back for one more shot at conquering the Looney Toons. And this time, they've brought a whole new game.

Bugs Bunny! Tiger Woods! Space Jam 2: Hole in Fun!

Special Guest appearence from Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Chambell, Gilbert Gottfried, Batman, and the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

You realize someone will fine this and will use this as a trailer.

Zain Shah

Space Jam brings back a lot of nostalgia but I think it is one of those movies which should stay in the past.

Speaking of movies, I've heard the Amazing Spider Man 2 movie is rubbish; anyone want to confirm or deny that? I am juggling whether to watch that or Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Dahlexpert

Speaking of movies, I've heard the Amazing Spider Man 2 movie is rubbish; anyone want to confirm or deny that? I am juggling whether to watch that or Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Well if your a comic book fan you will like this movie,and if your not the movie is enjoya

The things I liked in the amazing spider man 2 was they got spider man right,they make him argent he talks shit to his enemy's he is cocky they got him right. Now I think the movie suffers from it focusing a little more on the next spider man and hint to much on the sinister six,and I also hate that they shewed horned the gobblen into the movie. but despite it's fault it's a good movie to watch.

Frostlich1228

Well if your a comic book fan you will like this movie,and if your not the movie is enjoya

The things I liked in the amazing spider man 2 was they got spider man right,they make him argent he talks shit to his enemy's he is cocky they got him right. Now I think the movie suffers from it focusing a little more on the next spider man and hint to much on the sinister six,and I also hate that they shewed horned the gobblen into the movie. but despite it's fault it's a good movie to watch.

I love spider-man so if it's good then I'll definitely check it out :)

Adrammalech

I.....I...Ugh...why?!!!? How?! Who's it going to star, Dennis Rodman and Dane Cook?

Dane is just your average point guard trying to bring his looney squad to victory. But one day, his dream comes true when his letter to Dennis Rodman gets answered! But Dane quickly learns to be careful what he wishes for when he gets replaced by Dennis' new eccentric friend! Now, Dane has to slam some buckets, dodge some missiles, and overthrow the man who took his spot as #1.

From the creators of classic romantic comedies "Stop Your Stalin'" and "Gaddafi the Couch!", Dane Cook and Dennis Rodman star in...

Space Jam 2: And-Un!

(Rated PG-13.)

Status
Not open for further replies.