X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarge-Pepper

I"D WATCH THE SHIT OUT OF THIS MOVIE.

>.>

<.<

Oh. For our... Characters.

Riiiiight.

Dragonivon

Oh yeah? So let's talk about E.T., then! Our not-yet resident psychopath likes it...

I'm a bit unclear as to which 'not-yet resident psychopath' you are referring to. Could you narrow that down a bit more? Though in Zhang's case he would see cutting off ET's fingers as a useful source of light as well as disarming the enemy of evidently their greatest (and only) possible weapon.

Then again I'm already mentally picturing a conflict between Vahlen and Zhang over battlefield mutilations like severed hands and heads. Let's all remember that Bradford, frequently, tries to chastise soldiers for taking bodyparts as trophies over the intercom. Somehow I can't see Bradford's complaints stopping that from happening any more than Vahlen's complaints about explosives destroying valuable materials stopping CommanderOdd from blowing up aliens left and right anyway.

S

Sarge-Pepper

IS anyone still interested in doing the X-Com multiplier Tournament? I'd be willing to help organize or head it up if anyone else wants to duke it out!

IS anyone still interested in doing the X-Com multiplier Tournament? I'd be willing to help organize or head it up if anyone else wants to duke it out!

Sounds pretty good, but you should probably open up a new thread just so we don't clutter up this one with non RP related things.

Mark me down in the 'interested' column. Also, how we will deal with the possible situation of one competitor having EW, but their opponent only has EU? Downgrade just for that match, or what?

Curses, foiled again!
Ah well. Next season maybe.
Now, onto actual related topics; would this tournament thing be open to anyone or just people in the RP? 'cause I would be down for that.
Also, not sure and never tested this myself, but you can select just EU from the launcher I believe. Not sure if that makes it compatible or not, but I assume it does. Feel free to crucify me if I'm wrong.

I would be interested in a multiplayer tournament of sorts.

Ok everybody, I made a thread and we can go here to discuss the tournament.

Edit by Odd: Thread will be created in XCOM section shortly.

Ok everybody, I made a thread and we can go here to discuss the tournament.
Hey Bread,

I'm going to create a thread under the XCOM section. Can you send me your template in a PM?

Would be funny if the soldiers in the XCOM base had their own XCOM mutliplay tournament....the game within the game.

Would be funny if the soldiers in the XCOM base had their own XCOM mutliplay tournament....the game within the game.
That would be kind of fun. Playing the tournament in character, I can already see it now.

Abbygail`s squad: all Mecs and drones

Hey Bread,

I'm going to create a thread under the XCOM section. Can you send me your template in a PM?

Aye Aye Captain! Sending now!

The thought had crossed my mind as an in character thing, but this probably would be best seperated.

Created the multiplayer thread here. Figured it should stay in this general area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

Okay, first, just watched the first episode. My first and most important note:You paused before saying my name.Did you expect EVERYYONE to make their own crazy username and not use their real name? Ha, not that fancy.
2nd. Maybe next season we'll be able to send an application to be one of the medical staff?

Brian

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Pacific Rim yet. The world pooling their resources and banding together against a single threat, the kaiju. Though instead of jaegers fighting kaiju, we have MECs going up against berserkers and mectoids.
Ha ha ha,that would be fantastic.Maybe not Jym's taste, but I would watch it.

Psilon

Hey guys, would it be okay if I keep my post log here? Also first post, sorry about the delay. I'd appreciate it if we (that is the science team) really talk about the schedule, because this was a kind of ad hoc emergency procedure, informed by your posts. Also BockBockChicken, Brian and Gahlo, I'm sorry about the lack of warning about using your characters, but with the deadline chewing on my head I decided I had to post today. I'll be more punctual and give myself and you enough time to discuss the presence of your characters, and their actions in the future.
Post 1
Post by Wisekill, with me as a side-kick: Some pleb things he can mess with an intellect beyond his.
Post 2: Return of the German Scientist
Post 3: Regrets
Post 4: And Concerns
[URL="http://www.graylinesgaming.com/index.php?threads/x-com-season-4-role-play-journals.483/page-9#post-7094"]Post 5: Burning out...
[/URL]

Last edited:

Brian

Hey guys, would it be okay if I keep my post log here? Also first post, sorry about the delay. I'd appreciate it if we (that is the science team) really talk about the schedule, because this was a kind of ad hoc emergency procedure, informed by your posts. Also BockBockChicken, Brian and Gahlo, I'm sorry about the lack of warning about using your characters, but with the deadline chewing on my head I decided I had to post today. I'll be more punctual and give myself and you enough time to discuss the presence of your characters, and their actions in the future.
Post 1
Ha, use my charcter all you wish ;) By the way, This time I was busy so I posted late, but I plan to post on Sunday/Monday.
Off topic, but I started a new XCOM game and one of my starting soilders was named Zhang.I didn't change his name, it started like that.Even better,he was also a heavy. When I do Slingshot I'll have two Zhangs.

Last edited:

Brian

Edits to journal: Sarge informed me of something I was not aware of and I changed it.
Also, to match with Pslion's post, I showed my charcters basic reaction.

Last edited:

Gahlo

Post 1
It's cool, I can understand trying to get a journal in on time and not feeling like you could wait on feedback. One time last season I was 2 weeks late. :p

Psilon

Thanks for understanding :) And how can you be two weeks late? Do we have to post every week? Were you on the active roster and missing on your own ass-kicking party? :D

Brian

Thanks for understanding :) And how can you be two weeks late? Do we have to post every week? Were you on the active roster and missing on your own ass-kicking party? :D
Meh, the only trouble was I couldn't be lazy and had to actually edit a post...omfg
Also, maybe his character lost the recording device and found it two weeks later :3

Gahlo

I was the one of the first sky ranger pilot characters ever(nobody did it preS3), so "missions" didn't really lead to socializing. That and some people were pumping about a billionty journals a week which made it daunting to have to keep up with so I got pretty dissuaded from doing it.

Hence some of the rules we have now.

Dragonivon

Waiting in the wings, a full week between episodes seems way way WAY too long with a one post limit in the interim but I'm still going to be on the sidelines for at least a few more weeks yet... so I'm grumpy and impatient. Loving some of the stories that are coming out though, the journals are actually pretty interesting and love the details.

*stares at clock and wills Sunday afternoon to get here faster*

too_spooked

Waiting in the wings, a full week between episodes seems way way WAY too long with a one post limit in the interim but I'm still going to be on the sidelines for at least a few more weeks yet... so I'm grumpy and impatient. Loving some of the stories that are coming out though, the journals are actually pretty interesting and love the details.

*stares at clock and wills Sunday afternoon to get here faster*

Just about to post that actually. Chris, this may seem like a bit of an impossible request from an avid fan of the X-COM series, but can we either boost the journal limit to two per week in the near future or perhaps make more than one episode per week? I'm just about as impatient as Dragon here ^^

Adrammalech

My previous recommendation was one journal and then one post (collab/conversation/dialogue) for the sake of having "events" between roleplayers and then having an actual, solely introspective journal. I can still see where he's coming from with the limit, though.

Gahlo

He's previously said he'd consider increasing it as the campaign goes on, relax.

Ugh, I feel like I keep talking for people. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.