X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

Alright people, my bunkmates and I want to do another paintball game, right now its 4vs3, but we want to do 4vs4, maybe even 6vs6 if anyone has intresst please tell me.

PrismaCube

Sure thing buddy, now we got room for 4 more, I'mgoing to wait til tommorow around this time, if there are no takers than it will be a 4vs4

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I propose we celebrate a successful first month at X-COM be having the base make do on their promise to occasionally bring in some nice food to reward the soldiers and keep up morale. I plan on having Ayame have a nice sushi platter myself.

Aristeus

I propose we celebrate a successful first month at X-COM be having the base make do on their promise to occasionally bring in some nice food to reward the soldiers and keep up morale. I plan on having Ayame have a nice sushi platter myself.

Agreed! But it depends on the council report. ;) (is probably A anyway)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I think we should save the celebrations for the alien base destruction
I'm not talking about celebrating. I'm refering to the fact that, when the question of food came up on the Think Tank, Grelite mentioned X-COM occasionally bringing in more then standard military food to keep up soldier morale. And, personally, I have something that would benefit greatly from my character sitting down to eat something nice for a change. I'm not proposing a big party with confetti and balloons, just nice food.

Aristeus

Well, every bit counts right? It's not going to be a big party. But just a small celebration. And that alien base will take some time, I think we can have a celebration every time we accomplish something good. And it will keep the morale up like Zombie said.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Its just an idea. I was just putting it out there in case somebody needed an idea for a post, like someone writing about how they were surprised X-COM was able to get an authentic New York style deep dish pizza, or having their otherwise damper mood boosted by having a cheeseburger for the first time since joining X-COM.

PrismaCube

I agree, sounds like a great plan, after all in the X-COM univers this would be something to be proud of.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Sounds like a great idea guys. Please detail the planning, how the food is getting there, etc. I'm interested to see how you handle it.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hmm, let me think.

Well, I feel we should do it now, as apposed to waiting for the council mission, only because there are two days left until the council mission, and while that might not seem like a lot to new comers, anyone who has watched previous seasons know how random the missions can be. Last season, we had a time span of only four days between two missions, and that was later over shadowed by a time span of less then an hour. As such, I'd hate to have to sit on this idea until next Sunday, only for us to have to sit on it for another week because a last minute mission came up.

Besides, the council is going to want to not only see numerical results, but also that the Commander has the respect of his troops, and a good way to bump up morale is to award the soldiers hard work by spending the week prior to the council review filling their bellies with some soul food.

A propose that, prior to joining X-COM, soldier's either had to submit an account of all their personal backgrounds, or have said backgrounds already filled out by X-COM researchers (like my character). One question was in regards to incidental preferences, such as favorite music, favorite color, and, of course, favorite food. Most of the soldiers felt that these were usual, but just filled in the blanks to move on with their applications. In reality, Project X-COM, knowing the kind of stress soldiers would have to face fighting an enemy the likes of which have never been seen, and planned from the beginning to pull out all the stops to keep morale high. Thus, immediately after the last mission, X-COM announces that, as a reward for everyone's hard work, they will be using everyone's applications to order everyone one personal meal based on what they said their favorite food is, and they're already on the way, with the first ones showing up tomorrow (wIth each person's meal showing up whenever is convenient for them during the week, so nobody feels rushed to participate when everyone else is).

Who knows. Maybe if things are going so well next month, the month can end with a series of miniature music get-togethers. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. For now,

thef

I agree

PrismaCube

Heads up everybody who wants to do another paintball match conversation, it will take place here later the day, to be exact around 20 CET. I wanted to do a private conversation, but those can only hold up to 5 people, but no worries, the commander said its fine if we do it here on think tank.

Aristeus

Okay, so then we need some people to organise this party. And we do it now like Zombie said. we need:
- Food---------------------------we "ask" the chefs, if they want to give us our favorite food on a list (We ask everyone what their favorite food is)
- a bit of music----------------the soldiers can do that, who took a guitar with him/her?
- a location---------------------mess hall, or maybe somewhere else.
- drinks (alcolhol maybe)--Same as the food, ask the chefs, get a list of drinks.
- permission------------------Sounds like a great idea guys. ~Commander Odd
- a lot of people---------------We need enough people ofcource.
- a good mood----------------Because why not?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well,the idea was for the food to arrive when ever it was convenient for individualplayers. Its just a small reward, and turning it into an event would end up leaving out people, like those who can't update every day or have characters in the infirmay.

Aristeus

Only food as a reward sounds good, but we can make it a bit better. But I find it to small. Yes it is supposed to be small, not like a big party. But it could be something nice, and people wont be left out as fast. They could say "we HAD a small celebration with food" even the people in the infirmary could have some more visitors.

We could also just put a sign on a table that reads: "A succesfull first month" with some alcolhol free champane on the table under it and people could just take a glass. I just want it to be a little more than just some decent food, but still keep it small.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I understand where you coming from, but when I put the idea forward, it was meant to act as a small, budget friendly morale boost, not a party, however small. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree and ask Odd and Grelite what they would authorize, just the food as a treat, or a small party.

Status
Not open for further replies.