X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCC09

Hi, I just came to say that I won't have time to write any journals for the next 7 days (including the one for today). I will have internet but I have very limited internet (5 gb for 7 days between 5 people) so I am unable to watch the videos.

PrismaCube

Oh my god... I just realized that I've been spelling the word Which wrong in almost all of my journals so far... I feel soo dumb!
Ok so unless you changed it already, I just reread all your journals and coudnt find anything wrong. How did you used to spell it?

PrismaCube

But really, that isn't really that bad, I mean if you read some of my journals you will find tons of miss spelled words xD I always go back after posting them, sitting there half an hour correction my grammer and spelling, it helps me a little, like writing guess with g and not q like I used to.

Frostlich1228

But really, that isn't really that bad, I mean if you read some of my journals you will find tons of miss spelled words xD I always go back after posting them, sitting there half an hour correction my grammer and spelling, it helps me a little, like writing guess with g and not q like I used to.

Thanks, Mistakes happen I guess, I just can't believe I never noticed it :/

Grelite

I'm still offering my services as spelling and grammar checker. I'll even say why something is wrong without an added fee. I would very much like to help everyone improve their English.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I'm still offering my services as spelling and grammar checker. I'll even say why something is wrong without an added fee. I would very much like to help everyone improve their English.
I can do the same. Granted, I'm probably not as readily available, but I'm sure I can be of some help.

PrismaCube

Hey odd, already noticed? They added like 30 new achievements to the game, some sort of "unkown achievements", wonder what they are. Going to play the game again just to unlock some of them, the only problem is, you can't see how to unlock them yet :O

edit: Never mind apperently its for the content, still to be announced at gamescom, also someone quoted

"a Korean listing appeared for something called "XCOM: Enemy Within"."

and

"Firaxis have confirmed that they'll be revealing an unannounced project at this year's Gamescom conference. The number of achievements would suggest that, if it is new XCOM, it will be some form of fairly major expansion. Enemy Unknown's only other additional post-release content, the Slingshot mission pack, added five achievements to the game."

Sounds great :D

Captn

Thanks, Mistakes happen I guess, I just can't believe I never noticed it :/

I don't think it's a big deal.
I probably make grammar and spelling mistakes all the time, since I'm not a natural English speaker (I live in Switzerland) and I believe I'm not the only one.

Aristeus

My grammar and spelling is pretty good, but I sometimes make mistakes. And dyslexia doesn't help with it. So whenever I write a word, and I'm not sure if I spelled it correct, Il just type it in google and it gives me the right word most of the times.
The more you write and speak in English the more you learn. ;)

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hey odd, already noticed? They added like 30 new achievements to the game, some sort of "unkown achievements", wonder what they are. Going to play the game again just to unlock some of them, the only problem is, you can't see how to unlock them yet :O

edit: Never mind apperently its for the content, still to be announced at gamescom, also someone quoted

"a Korean listing appeared for something called "XCOM: Enemy Within"."

and

"Firaxis have confirmed that they'll be revealing an unannounced project at this year's Gamescom conference. The number of achievements would suggest that, if it is new XCOM, it will be some form of fairly major expansion. Enemy Unknown's only other additional post-release content, the Slingshot mission pack, added five achievements to the game."

Sounds great :D

My guess is a second slingshot type thing, but more in depth. Perhaps a whole bunch of new maps/enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.