X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketbottle

Hey odd, already noticed? They added like 30 new achievements to the game, some sort of "unkown achievements", wonder what they are. Going to play the game again just to unlock some of them, the only problem is, you can't see how to unlock them yet :O

edit: Never mind apperently its for the content, still to be announced at gamescom, also someone quoted

"a Korean listing appeared for something called "XCOM: Enemy Within"."

and

"Firaxis have confirmed that they'll be revealing an unannounced project at this year's Gamescom conference. The number of achievements would suggest that, if it is new XCOM, it will be some form of fairly major expansion. Enemy Unknown's only other additional post-release content, the Slingshot mission pack, added five achievements to the game."

Sounds great :D

Does this mean season 4 of xcom ?

PrismaCube

Does this mean season 4 of xcom ?

...and this time on Impossible xD, nah but I'm stoked for Season 1 the Burrue

My guess is a second slingshot type thing, but more in depth. Perhaps a whole bunch of new maps/enemies.

I do hope so, that would be so awesome, I'm also hoping the next X-COM game to be a sequel to the X-com Terror from the deep. Just listen to me being a fanboy here xD
Sorry just so excited

Frostlich1228

Hey Grelly, do you remember my Low-Priority mission Idea from season two, Am I aloud to do something like that in Season 3?

Grelite

Hey Grelly, do you remember my Low-Priority mission Idea from season two, Am I aloud to do something like that in Season 3?
The X-COM project does not have the resources to do such things, nor the personnel to spare. Not to forget that the only alien strikes on population centres that happen are the ones shown in the game.

Frostlich1228

KK, I came up with that idea to give people who probably won't be picked to RP some Low-Risk missions, but if you say I can't then I won't :)

Jhon Markith

any way I have not set up a schedule for my live Journals and all I can tell you is that itll me 1 every week,
plus im about to start school so itll be hard to keep a good schedule for the journals, especially the live

Gahlo

Video Response:
Might as well finish NA. You're already dipping into 3 continents already if you finish Africa. If you go to SA, that's 4. You're paying $20/month PER RAVEN. Making your total cost, at minimum, $80 just to be able to shoot down UFOs if you don't finish NA. Autopsy/interrogations don't take long.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Video Response:
Might as well finish NA. You're already dipping into 3 continents already if you finish Africa. If you go to SA, that's 4. You're paying $20/month PER RAVEN. Making your total cost, at minimum, $80 just to be able to shoot down UFOs if you don't finish NA. Autopsy/interrogations don't take long.
That's a good point. NA it is.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hey folks, so The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is releasing soon. I know it's got a lot more of a story focus, and as such, I'm not sure if RPing would necessarily fit. BUT....

You can still customize soldiers and such, so shortly before the game releases, I'll make a video about signing up for The Bureau. I'll probably manage it full through YouTube, instead of coming to the forums.

Thoughts?

PrismaCube

Hey folks, so The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is releasing soon. I know it's got a lot more of a story focus, and as such, I'm not sure if RPing would necessarily fit. BUT....

You can still customize soldiers and such, so shortly before the game releases, I'll make a video about signing up for The Bureau. I'll probably manage it full through YouTube, instead of coming to the forums.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea, can't wait for it, since we don't know the story yet, I would say we should still do journals and stuff like that, since it's an entire new experience for everybody, altough a couple of problems I have found is that I'm not sure if there are female agents in the bureau, because I have not seen any yet, and if they are all american, since I belive this is only taking part in america, if I have false information here please tell me.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Sounds like a great idea, can't wait for it, since we don't know the story yet, I would say we should still do journals and stuff like that, since it's an entire new experience for everybody, altough a couple of problems I have found is that I'm not sure if there are female agents in the bureau, because I have not seen any yet, and if they are all american, since I belive this is only taking part in america, if I have false information here please tell me.

This is true. It's fitting with the time in which the plot occurs, but it will limit the RP. I'll know more when I get to play it :)

PrismaCube

This is true. It's fitting with the time in which the plot occurs, but it will limit the RP. I'll know more when I get to play it :)

Alright, then I would suggest, we leave the RP to season 2. After we know a little more about the game, to see if its even worth RP.

Jhon Markith

journals are going to be rare for me compared to what I am doing now b/c I am playing football and I get off of practice after school at
5-5:15 pm and I am exhausted after day one and my first game is next week so thing are going to be hard for me to get on

thef

I am still looking to join someone's character interaction to get my character more active and social with people

PrismaCube

Hey Odd, I don't want to be that guy, but is there a chance to maybe upload an episode more frequently, cause this whole waiting an entire week kind of makes you forget about the series and get bored. Atleast in my case, I feel like I'm making progress in my Journals but in the vid's we are not. So maybe we can have an episode each wensday and sunday? Like you did that one time recently. Sorry if this seems like a complain.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hey Odd, I don't want to be that guy, but is there a chance to maybe upload an episode more frequently, cause this whole waiting an entire week kind of makes you forget about the series and get bored. Atleast in my case, I feel like I'm making progress in my Journals but in the vid's we are not. So maybe we can have an episode each wensday and sunday? Like you did that one time recently. Sorry if this seems like a complain.
By maintaing a solid schedule, Odd makes it easier for us to write our logs. Plus he has other series going on right now that demands his attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.