X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Regarding the RPing in the videos...I probably should include more, and I'll try to work in a few things here and there. Thanks for the feedback.

PrismaCube

Hey everbody thx again :) Finnaly got back, even watched some X-COM enemie within gameplay was awesome, you guys wont be disapointed :D Going to take a rest and continue jourls tomorrow again :D

Meaningofbread

Just want to tell everybody that the following day's I will be gone, because of Gamescom, I will be available again Saturday and then from Monday again. So just everybody know's incase they are wondering why I don't answear anything anymore :D
Alright, have fun all and keep these awesome Journals up.

Gamescom???? You lucky little...

Gahlo

Been a bit out of it with regards to youtube lately. Was it ever decided which pilots got shipped where?

Grelite

Where which pilots are stationed is shown in the first post of the Journals and Recruitment. I try to update this whenever changes take place.

PrismaCube

Small Spoiler alert only read if you want to know more about Enemie Within, got this all from Gamescom demo.
Incase anyone want's to know, in the new Enemie Within they will fix the whole, what soldier get's what role. You still wont be able to decided it for your soldier's but it has been improved to the point that you wont have like 8 Heavys 3 Supports 1 Sniper and 0 Assaults like I once had :D. They balanced that out a bit. Also there will be many more hats, and the mech role has there own armour style so you can identify them in battle, but the armour just looks diffrent, it is still just like the normal X-Com armour. Also you will have to start a new game in order for this to take place, so you can not just load an old game and start getting mechs. The alien mech with the sectoid in it, will also be an early game unit. They pretty much said you will meet them before you will meet mutons. This new unit can also fire twice a turn. So all in all I would say its like a early/weak version of the Sectopod. The mechs also have some sort of ability that if a Sectoid commander tries to mind control one of your mech units, they send it back to them and it kills them (or does damage, it killed him in the demo but its a demo so I was unsure.) The X-Com mech can also be customized with helemets, and when facing a unit as big as him ex. Muton, there is a small fighting secene going on. There are also new gernades that damages anything in its radius, but does not destroy structures, which means if its well placed, it can be thrown into range of your own soldier but will not damage them IF he is in cover. The X-Com mech also has a Meele weapon which activates the fighting scene I was talking about earlier. It also has a sort of scatter weapon that destroys anything in its path, in the demo there were two aliens behind a rock, the mech then shot at the rock, which got destroyed and the aliens behind it died, well one did the thinman, the Muton lived but was greatly damaged, it also seems that this shot can only be used once and then you would have to reloade before using it again. Well that is all I remeber so far from what I saw at Gamescom. Hope you all liked reading about it as much as I liked seeing it (saw it three times :D).

Captn

Going to Ibiza next week, so no journal entries...
If I don't post anything the week after the next, you'll know I didn't survive

Goodbye friends

PrismaCube

Guy`s I'm really sorry, Like I already told some of you, I got school again and not much time for anything else, I want to get the best report card possible (All A's) so I will not be writting to much, I will try to fit this in but please do not get mad when I do not respond to a message for one or two day's three at the latest. You must understand that school is more important to me than this. Anyway Saturday should be a great time for me to post about the second mission and maybe I will try to get something else in too if it does not get into my study schedual.

In the mean time have fun with the journals I will try to stay up to date.

Dahlexpert

(OOC) So this is gonna be a small look in to my charter Axton Van Dam,and the main reason i'm doing this is because i'm bored.And if you don't care about the Axton Van Dam charter fell free to ignore.

So who is Axton Van Dam? Axton as I state many times in the journals,he is a bounty hunter that does not care about money,I made Axton specifically for the X COM series,and the main reason I made him was to have fun this season and have very unique person on base.Now last season I made a charter named Alex Alcatraz and I did not have that much fun with him because he was a gangster trying to redeem him self.and that was tough to do with his back round and his trust issues.

This season I wanted to make some one who enjoys what he does,and have a since of freedom and independence.Now the Idea of Axton came from star wars because I love the mandalorian race,I love what they do I love there culture, and I wanted to make some one like that some one that enjoys war and is all ways willing to challenge him self to make him self better.now Axton does not like authority,he hates when people tell him what to do how to act,because he enjoys being his own man he enjoys being free and not tied down which is why he loves being a bounty hunter,he works for his self,hes free to do what he wants and he gets to kill evil men,but he is not a good guy actual he is unsure of his self.

See Axton love killing bad men,but he loves working for some criminals just to kill them later,it's just who he is but he does have morals just so he doesn't go full criminal,and I want to thank characters like Colin Ayame and Anna for accepting him for who he is.And if you want to now were I got the Idea for his blood lust just ask me.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Regarding the episode for September 8th, there will be a repeat of the Lille, France mission :(

At the end of my last recording, things crashed, xcom wouldn't load, wouldn't verify cache, re-install didn't help, reinstalled steam, and I figured my cloud saves would be there. NOPE. The most recent save I had was from the point just before picking Lille France. Hopefully you guys don't mind me re-doing that mission and going onto the transponder mission right after.

Lesson of the day: Don't trust cloud saves :)

PrismaCube

Regarding the episode for September 8th, there will be a repeat of the Lille, France mission :(

At the end of my last recording, things crashed, xcom wouldn't load, wouldn't verify cache, re-install didn't help, reinstalled steam, and I figured my cloud saves would be there. NOPE. The most recent save I had was from the point just before picking Lille France. Hopefully you guys don't mind me re-doing that mission and going onto the transponder mission right after.

Lesson of the day: Don't trust cloud saves :)

So what do we do with the journals that already mention things from that mission? Do we just edit them to fit the mission?

PrismaCube

Meh not sure about more, all they told us for now is that there will be two new aliens, altough more would sure be better, and yeah that new alien the seeker sure looks awesome, that might become my new favorite alien.

Dahlexpert

I no that they may not add any more new aliens, but damn it since there adding like seventy or more maps, I can only hope that they add at least eleven or thirteen new aliens to the game,but ill admit the two new aliens that we no are terrifying and I look forward to facing them,mainly the mectoyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.