X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be pretty impressive, I mean if you look at our bodies, we are pretty much stuffed as full as we can get.
My gues would be that it becomes a little cyst or something at the back of the heart, connecting to the aorta.
About room in our body, we have do have around 3 litters of space cavety in our body :p
But just around the heart/lungs it is pretty tight.

Grelite

Also, you're not undergoing surgery get things shoved inside of you, they modify your genes and stuff you with Meld, allowing the modifications to take place, for instance growing that extra heart.

UltimaNamir

I has a question for everyone, if the commander gave you a choice would you rather stay a normal soldier, be tested to psionics, be gene-modded, or bet turned into a MEC?

Brian

I has a question for everyone, if the commander gave you a choice would you rather stay a normal soldier, be tested to psionics, be gene-modded, or bet turned into a MEC?
Most might say MEC,but I think they're used for cannon fodder because they can get so much health...and I would pick normal...

Gahlo

Don't see much appeal in roleplaying the psionics. Genemoding would depends on what my class was, MEC is a fertile ground for storylines.

To be honest though, if I could force myself into a niche in a season, I'd snatch up the covert ops position in a heartbeat.

Suryce

Game Master
I would love to roleplay a psionic soldier personally. Last season, it was pretty much plagued by the "I'm a monster" cliché (followed by a bit of Gary-Stu-ism if I dare), but I see it as a perfect occasion to explore new sensations. It literally open a new dimension to the character.
In a similar way, the covert ops is definitely an attractive role since it will offer a completely different from usual situation to write about. I would not jump immediately on it if I had the choice though, I need to think about what to do with it, and maybe see how others RPers exploit it.
As for Meld-related stuff, the MEC situation has potential too, but in my case it would be pretty much out of character for my Rebecca. As she was a figurative killing machine in the past, she wouldn't want to become a literal one. If I ever have to deal with this scenario, she will probably go psycho. On the other hand, since gene-mods do not come with any visible change, that would fine, and probably funny enough to develop.

I sure hope I made it for This season, because I really want to try the position of an officer trainer. Tech classes Would be My Personal favorites though.

Thenlar

I sure hope I made it for This season, because I really want to try the position of an officer trainer. Tech classes Would be My Personal favorites though.

There's not really an "officer trainer" position, though. Nor are any of the four classes considered "tech"-based. They all use guns. Psionics is only a sub-class, that can apply to any soldier, if they're (un)lucky enough.

Any of them has RP potential. Ryan would probably love having Mimetic Skin, both for prank potential, and the ability to sneak around and do things he shouldn't. He would probably miss his sleeves in the winter, though.

Rocketbottle

I think a mec because of it having more RP potential for me because my character doesn't have any thing to lose and they are badass

UltimaNamir

Interesting, I would agree with Surcye thought. Rather be a Psionic or a gene-modded soldier. But could open some RP doors if Tyler is taken down the MEC route since he was trained to stay in the shadows and unknown to his target. As a MEC he would have to adapt to being a bullet magnet.

Brian

I think a mec because of it having more RP potential for me because my character doesn't have any thing to lose and they are badass
Before I said I thought MECs were cannon fodder,but since our free will is gone,we have no choice really...however,like you said,The MECS are a new level of RP.Hmmm....

Meaningofbread

I could chill with any class except for support. My character would say "Helping people? Ugh! Help yourself you lazy ass." So I'm hoping I'll end up with MEC or heavy so I can get some ya-ta-ta-ta-ta action in there.

Psilon

Sadly, if I were to play Vahlen, I wouldn't be a solder and hence in line for any of those...though I'm sad to report that 35 meld and most of our explosives were lost during the base assault.

Last edited:

UltimaNamir

Sadly, if I were to play Vahlen, I wouldn't be a solder and hence in line for any of those...though I'm sad to report that 35 meld and most of our explosives were lost during the base assault.
>.> Did we at least take some of the bastards out?

If I had the choice I'd probably choose a genetic perk to being a mec. My character like to experience everything he can and taking his limbs and replacing them with prosthetic ones might be an experience he feels robs him of two many others

Dragonivon

In Zhang's case, part of me hope he becomes a MEC with a flamethrower. It would feed into his becoming 'Chilong' (Hornless Dragon) and be a fertile ground for personal delusions about becoming a dragon in more ways than one. But it's CommanderOdd's call to make, not mine. If worse comes to worst I can be quite happy with him blowing everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.