X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxor_the_First

While we're speaking about ridiculous game mechanics, is it a feature that aliens can sometimes see and fire at you when you cannot see or fire at them?
Encountered that twice today. Bloody Thin Men.

Suryce

Game Master
I'm under the impression that the line of sight of a unit is slightly influenced by their elevation. If you have the higher ground, you can see one or two tiles farther. I wouldn't be surprised if the higher ground also allows to see above some covers and obstacles that would otherwise block vision. Since Thin Men can jump freely, it's easy for them to get the higher ground.

Adrammalech

Surely Thinman brand glasses can't be both stylish and functional? That would make them perfect for any occasion! And you say I could have them delivered to my door for the low price of two installments of $39.99 (plus S+H, not available for order from Utah)? Piffle, good sir. PIFFLE!

Dragonivon

Surely Thinman brand glasses can't be both stylish and functional? That would make them perfect for any occasion! And you say I could have them delivered to my door for the low price of two installments of $39.99 (plus S+H, not available for order from Utah)? Piffle, good sir. PIFFLE!

And if you order now, thanks to extraterrestial timetravel delivery service, you can get them in time for Christmas! Get your thinman glasses today and get the super-slimming thinman black suit and supra-blast light plasma rifle for free as a bonus! Operators are standing by. Side effects may include (but not limited to) extreme weight loss, elongation of skeleton, skin bleaching, mutation of the eyes, homicidal thoughts and extreme proficiency with a light plasma rifle.

Brian

My pitchfork is sad,I've been telling it this entire week to stop thinking about putting Od's head on him :(

Dragonivon

You will know who is in it tomorrow ;)

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow... you're only a dayyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaawayyyyyyyyyyyyy! YES!
tumblr_m7mb6zroVw1qdi11i.gif

Now comes the question since tomorrow is Sunday will we also see the first episode of Season 4 then too? Would be ONE way of doing it, almost ninja ambush style. Still, we DID give you a terribly lot of applications to read so it's not that shocking it took longer than usual. Anyway, so our waiting has been rewarded with... a little more waiting but an end in sight.

UnevenRanger

All of a sudden I regret agreeing to cover shifts at work tomorrow haha

*puts the pitchfork down*
Hope to make the cut but if I don't, have a good RP everyone and look forward to reading them

Taxor_the_First

And if you order now, thanks to extraterrestial timetravel delivery service, you can get them in time for Christmas!
So that's what those glasses were.

Regardless of me getting in or not, we'll be seeing some good stuff (that sounded less pretentious in my head.). Good luck to everybody, and if you don't get in, remember all you have to do is sponsor the aliens.

killjoy00001

I think the nickname a person gets in the roleplays should be given by the fellow troops. Like in a journal entry, someone would talk about a person and give them some wierd name based on their oppinion and if the name goes throughout the base and everyone uses it for that person that it becomes their official nickname.

Dragonivon

I think the nickname a person gets in the roleplays should be given by the fellow troops. Like in a journal entry, someone would talk about a person and give them some wierd name based on their oppinion and if the name goes throughout the base and everyone uses it for that person that it becomes their official nickname.

I like the idea of a soldier's nickname be given more by the others surrounding him/her and input from the episodes. Perhaps we could work out a voting system for each character when they reach 'nickname' rank. Though in the end CommanderOdd may end up nicknaming soldiers just from his own commentary but maybe we can sway his decision. But yeah, no one gets to choose their own nickname... where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.