X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerjuliet

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! Congrats to everyone who got in! (And good job to everyone who didn't! I thought all the applications I read were super!)

S

Sarge-Pepper

WhooHoo! I made it in! I'm so excited, because this is the way I've RP'd for the longest time. Good luck to my fellow teammates nad I hope we make a good show!

GMV

First of. Congrats to all that got in.
Specifically, thank you Christopher for picking, among others, my application.
You are right by the way it should be: Fransiscus (the name of my RL father) - as you first pronounced it in the video. You can delete the middle names for the character within the game. After all us Chatolics (and yes, I will give him a touch of this in the RP) just give their children too many names. :)
Voeten (which is the literal word for feet in Dutch) is pronounced Foo-ten (like Foo Fighters). Just so you know. :)

BMPixy

Well, I guess old Al' won't get to join XCOM, unlike his brother in Season 2. Congrats to all you who did get in however, and hopefully you make Odd's choices' good ones.
Side note: I'm grabbing Shen, since I didn't see any applications for him.

Looking forward to working with everyone this season! Congrats to those who got in, condolences to those who did not, and good luck to everyone trying out for base personnel positions!

I still think we need someone to play the EXALT prisoner from Portent. Forget the therapist.

Alzdude28

Just put in an application to be an engineer, and i was wondering about how and when we will find out about whether we get in with the alternative characters. Will it be at the beginning of episode 1, in a post of the forum or will there be a separate video?

ACisHere

While it would be
I still think we need someone to play the EXALT prisoner from Portent. Forget the therapist.

While it would be amazing bit of story to have that character, it's a very limited role. I wonder who would pick it up.

Edit: An aside, how has Annette Durand not been picked yet!?!? That character is gold! She'd be one of my top picks for the role play.

Dragonivon

While it would be amazing bit of story to have that character, it's a very limited role. I wonder who would pick it up.
Edit: An aside, how has Annette Durand not been picked yet!?!? That character is gold! She'd be one of my top picks for the role play.

Annette is currently open to apply for on another thread ( http://www.graylinesgaming.com/inde...positions-still-available-here.480/#post-5377 ). I'm actually shocked no one auditioned for her the first time through but perhaps it's because she comes in much later in the game that people wanted to a try out for core soldiers first. No telling.

I went for Zhang and no one else tried out for him so I got the part, though I'm pretty shocked I didn't have competition. Zhang can be SUCH a complex character with an already interesting backstory to build on. He will be a lot of fun to write for but Annette might have the edge when it's all said and done. The ONLY reason I didn't try out for Annette instead is I am not quite as comfortable writing women's roles as I am for writing men's roles. Something I should work on but still... good luck to whoever gets Annette eventually.

Last edited:

PrinceZarek

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted. I look forward to getting to know all of my comrades in XCOM.

Side note; Arsène is pronounced "Ar-Sin" btw Commander Odd ;)

Last edited:

too_spooked

By far the most fun thing to role-play is going to be the Base Defense against the Aliens, since the engineers actually get to fight as base personnel. Probably not in the Delta sector where the fight happens in X-COM Enemy Within, but perhaps where the sounds of isolated gunfire come from in the background?

ACisHere

I'm thinking about it... I would love to see my head canon for Annette Durand shared with everyone else. I'm not sure, though. I've never played Portent and never gained her as a soldier. I don't really know much about her. I'd hate to start headcanoning for her character and find out later that I've gotten something about her wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.