X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Edits to journal:
I fixed some grammar issues and put a few more sentences to show more of Jym's thoughts.

Also, if you have time, can you guys read my journals so far and tell me where I'm doing okay and where I'm failing,..

Last edited:

UltimaNamir

It could fit if the interceptor lost during a skirmish with a UFO. Then he could crash into it screaming his name trying to take it down with him.

UltimaNamir

I suppose so. What if the person playing Jenkins suddenly went on and is like Wow guys...
Well not to sound like a dick or anything so I apologize if I do, but he should have thought about that when he put in his application. I don't really think its fair to give a position to someone who isn't even active when a few others applied for the same spot.

Adrammalech

To alleviate concerns about the roleplay implications of someone being replaced, I present the lost episode of XCOM Season 4, it's...

The First and Final Chronicle of Leroy Jenkins, Age 24
March 11, 2015

Leroy snapped to consciousness, looking desperately around the cockpit. All systems were down. Officer Buster "Motherducking" Bradford's words rang in his ear. "An unusual solo mission", they said. "The utmost importance", they said. "Only you could do it", they said. Well, they were right. Only Leroy could undertake this task, and by "they", he meant Bradford.

Sent to the hard streets of Detroit, his mission was to kick ass and chew bubblegum. Unfortunately, he traded all of bubblegum to Ryan Chen for half a bottle of whiskey. Even then, he didn't bring that with him, because he knew all too well that there were protocols against that thing. Seriously, it was just one time. It was a 70 year old Irish whiskey, he didn't want it to get broken in the luggage. Have you ever seen one of those bag handlers out of the window of your plane? Seriously, it's like they're trying to break stuff just for fun.

Luckily for the airlines, Leroy hated aliens even more than luggage handling. Shot down by a UFO before he could land, he remembered that he had crashed on the mean streets, and had been sitting there and daydreaming about bag throwers for like, five minutes. Sectoids and thin men smashed their fists on his cockpit. They shouted and screamed in their demonic tongue. Knowing his ship was useless, he could at least make a badass reference. He shuffled around in the cabin, sitting on his head, inverted as he gave the finger to the sectoids. If only he had a tower to buzz, he'd be right at home.

The time had come to end these baby games, though. He wasn't going to die in a glass and metal box, not today. Destiny awaited him. Yanking out his .50 caliber pistol from under his seat, he pulled the slide, checking the bullet sitting ready in the chamber.

"Alright chumps, let's do this."

With a mighty roar, he punched the cockpit open with a wild swing, aiming his pistol at the first aliens he found. One sectoid, two sectoids, three sectoids. They all fell. Their yellow-green innards splattered upon him like a disease-ridden shower of glory and victory. A thin man tried to shake his hand, because as a spy, he knew he could stand up to close inspection from even the most brilliant of humankind. Leroy wasn't fooled though. Leroy was the more brilliantest of them all. He shoved his pistol into his face and blew it off, laughing as the olive goo painted his armor.

Leroy was just a man though. These aliens were something more. His bravado had awoken a far more dire creature. A gigantic red, veiny man in glistening green armor walked towards him. The earth shook as the Muton approached him. Leroy knew this would be his last stand. Leroy knew this would be his finest conquest. He charged at the beast, pistol in hand, letting out a battlecry that would make historically inaccurate Scottish freedom fighters weep.

"LEEEEEEEEEEEEERRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Click. Click.

He threw the empty pistol at him, smashing it into his face. He leapt on top of it, grabbing the pistol and pounding the hammer into the beasts face over and over. The demon struggled and writhed, letting out its desperate screams for help. Finally, it slumped down, limp and bloodied. The alien was dead. Leroy towered over it, placing his boot on the still throat of his enemy, smiling widely.

Then Leroy got eaten by a Chryssalid.

He won 51 posthumous medals for his service that day. Some of them were made of the finest brass, and some were made from yogurt container tops by his comrades. Leroy's zombie still roams the streets of Detroit, chanting his haunting cry.

"Chiiiiiiiiiicken...chiiiiiiiiiicken..."

S

Sarge-Pepper

"Then Leroy got eaten by a Chryssalid."

Fucking majestic.

As an aside, I have posted my journal for the week up. Feel free to critique. It was meant to be a bit confusing, as it was a flashback to his mission one wrong that ended him in an Arab prison. I tried hard to simulate a PSTD flashback. Lemme know how I did. I can critique posts too :) gimme some time and I'll have you guys PM'd

Brian

To alleviate concerns about the roleplay implications of someone being replaced, I present the lost episode of XCOM Season 4, it's...

The First and Final Chronicle of Leroy Jenkins, Age 24
March 11, 2015

Leroy snapped to consciousness, looking desperately around the cockpit. All systems were down. Officer Buster "Motherducking" Bradford's words rang in his ear. "An unusual solo mission", they said. "The utmost importance", they said. "Only you could do it", they said. Well, they were right. Only Leroy could undertake this task, and by "they", he meant Bradford.

Sent to the hard streets of Detroit, his mission was to kick ass and chew bubblegum. Unfortunately, he traded all of bubblegum to Ryan Chen for half a bottle of whiskey. Even then, he didn't bring that with him, because he knew all too well that there were protocols against that thing. Seriously, it was just one time. It was a 70 year old Irish whiskey, he didn't want it to get broken in the luggage. Have you ever seen one of those bag handlers out of the window of your plane? Seriously, it's like they're trying to break stuff just for fun.

Luckily for the airlines, Leroy hated aliens even more than luggage handling. Shot down by a UFO before he could land, he remembered that he had crashed on the mean streets, and had been sitting there and daydreaming about bag throwers for like, five minutes. Sectoids and thin men smashed their fists on his cockpit. They shouted and screamed in their demonic tongue. Knowing his ship was useless, he could at least make a badass reference. He shuffled around in the cabin, sitting on his head, inverted as he gave the finger to the sectoids. If only he had a tower to buzz, he'd be right at home.

The time had come to end these baby games, though. He wasn't going to die in a glass and metal box, not today. Destiny awaited him. Yanking out his .50 caliber pistol from under his seat, he pulled the slide, checking the bullet sitting ready in the chamber.

"Alright chumps, let's do this."

With a mighty roar, he punched the cockpit open with a wild swing, aiming his pistol at the first aliens he found. One sectoid, two sectoids, three sectoids. They all fell. Their yellow-green innards splattered upon him like a disease-ridden shower of glory and victory. A thin man tried to shake his hand, because as a spy, he knew he could stand up to close inspection from even the most brilliant of humankind. Leroy wasn't fooled though. Leroy was the more brilliantest of them all. He shoved his pistol into his face and blew it off, laughing as the olive goo painted his armor.

Leroy was just a man though. These aliens were something more. His bravado had awoken a far more dire creature. A gigantic red, veiny man in glistening green armor walked towards him. The earth shook as the Muton approached him. Leroy knew this would be his last stand. Leroy knew this would be his finest conquest. He charged at the beast, pistol in hand, letting out a battlecry that would make historically inaccurate Scottish freedom fighters weep.

"LEEEEEEEEEEEEERRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Click. Click.

He threw the empty pistol at him, smashing it into his face. He leapt on top of it, grabbing the pistol and pounding the hammer into the beasts face over and over. The demon struggled and writhed, letting out its desperate screams for help. Finally, it slumped down, limp and bloodied. The alien was dead. Leroy towered over it, placing his boot on the still throat of his enemy, smiling widely.

Then Leroy got eaten by a Chryssalid.

He won 51 posthumous medals for his service that day. Some of them were made of the finest brass, and some were made from yogurt container tops by his comrades. Leroy's zombie still roams the streets of Detroit, chanting his haunting cry.

"Chiiiiiiiiiicken...chiiiiiiiiiicken..."
That's just....fucking....fantastic....my God.
RIP Leroy Jenkins:Killed by Chryssalid
I wonder what Chris' response will be to all this...

Adrammalech

I agree, now someone post it and if we ever had a zombie attack in detroit we could mention one looking like leroy xD
That would be quite glorious, if Chris goes along with that storyline. :p If the Odd gives permission, I can post it in the journals section and other people can reference the tragic loss next week.

That=Life complete
Also, who applied for Jenkins again?
This guy: http://www.graylinesgaming.com/inde...ithin-recruitment-centre.469/page-2#post-4600

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.