X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuvis11

Trying to decide on a character or group of characters to base the primary story off of. I like the idea of using Hoku and the other members of "the fantastic four/ home team" because they have a good balance of characteristics and backgrounds. Hoku comes from a fairly normal life and is easy to relate to. Rebecca Robinson has a very eventfull past that can be used to develop her character, and makes her the story's "Badass." Lemarque has become the first mec, and Kuklinski... well he has a cool helmet. If at all possible I would also appreciate a seperate thread to post updates in. I understand if I don't get it though.

Anuvis11

Character concept for Robbinson finished. Is the scar where it should be?
IMG_20140129_161633.jpg

Suryce

Game Master
Rebecca's scar is inspired by York from the game Deadly Premonition (picture link), so technically it's not the right angle, but whatever, it works that way too. :D
If I wanted to be picky, I could mention that her left eye isn't meant to be blind, so it should look more normal. It's something that was originally better explained in a previous version of her background: it was mentioned that her eye had been repaired through surgery, while still left with the weird color (at Rebby's request because she doesn't like to hide her scars), but I removed it in the final version as her new background didn't make sense anymore with her having access to a medical procedure of that level (or having the money to spare for it). In the final version, she can see fine with her injured eye because... magic.

Last edited:

Anuvis11

Rebecca's scar is inspired by York from the game Deadly Premonition (picture link), so technically it's not the right angle, but whatever, it works that way too. :D
If I wanted to be picky, I could mention that her left eye isn't meant to be blind, so it should look more normal. It's something that was originally better explained in a previous version of her background: it was mentioned that her eye had been repaired through surgery, while still left with the weird color (at Rebby's request because she doesn't like to hide her scars), but I removed it in the final version as her new background didn't make sense anymore with her having access to a medical procedure of that level (or having the money to spare for it). In the final version, she can see fine with her injured eye because... magic.
I see. I'll make note of that in the final version. I'll add the pupil as well. Thanks for the input.

Anuvis11

Finished character concept for Hoku-kun. Anything not right? Which is his surname? (I'm assuming Ritofuto, but not entirely sure.)
IMG_20140129_170638.jpg

too_spooked

Even though it isn't my character, what I've give to be able to draw that well. I can draw cubes and spheres and that's pretty much it.

Gahlo

The only things I can draw is landscape and still life. I have not raged harder while drawing faces.
You still need to show me some of your drawings. Now that I've made it public you will be looked down upon with reproach if you don't. Peer pressure and whatnot.

too_spooked

You still need to show me some of your drawings. Now that I've made it public you will be looked down upon with reproach if you don't. Peer pressure and whatnot.

I don't really succumb to peer pressure, and besides, my family doesn't own any cameras and I lost my phone.

Thenlar

Uh oh. We have dissent in the base. Questioning the leadership. Morale plummeting! ... More alcohol is probably not the solution here.

Okay. Time to make a motivational movie starring our new robot overlord!

Status
Not open for further replies.