X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceZarek

Uh oh. We have dissent in the base. Questioning the leadership. Morale plummeting! ... More alcohol is probably not the solution here.

Okay. Time to make a motivational movie starring our new robot overlord!
Overlord? I would never try to-
ASSUMING CONTROL

PRIMITIVE MEATBAGS
PREPARE FOR YOUR ASCENSION
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

RELEASING CONTROL

Huh? What was I talking about? My head hurts...

Taxor_the_First

YOU WILL KNOW MELD, COMMANDER.
IF I MUST SEND OUT THE CHRYSSALIDS, COMMANDER, I WILL.

Love that character.
Actually, now that I think about it the... origin of that saying (not sure if Odd's started that game yet, so not going to spoil) sounds kinda similar in deepness of voice to the Council guy.
MY GOD.

Meaningofbread

Uh oh. We have dissent in the base. Questioning the leadership. Morale plummeting! ... More alcohol is probably not the solution here.

Okay. Time to make a motivational movie starring our new robot overlord!

Fade In: In a world, where aliens are attacking earth... The governments of the world cannot stop them... The MEC is the only one who can save them... Cut to Lemarques Face "Jusqu'à la prochaine fois, bébé". Starring: Christopher Odd, The Gray Lines Gaming crew and RNJesus (played by the AI). From the people who brought you: XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bring you: XCOM. Enemy Within. Premiering October 9th 2015. (Rated PG-13)

PrinceZarek

Fade In: In a world, where aliens are attacking earth... The governments of the world cannot stop them... The MEC is the only one who can save them... Cut to Lemarques Face "Jusqu'à la prochaine fois, bébé". Starring: Christopher Odd, The Gray Lines Gaming crew and RNJesus (played by the AI). From the people who brought you: XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bring you: XCOM. Enemy Within. Premiering October 9th 2015. (Rated PG-13)
I expect something like this for the MEC vs Berserker fight

PrinceZarek

Felt the need to change my avatar now that I'm a MEC Trooper, Fire Emblem and mechas don't have much in common. I think Domon (G Gundam) was the best choice.

BMPixy

Felt the need to change my avatar now that I'm a MEC Trooper, Fire Emblem and mechas don't have much in common. I think Domon (G Gundam) was the best choice.

THIS KINETIC FIST OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWEEEEER!

Edit: I just realized, my steam name is Kyoji. So, considering Shen's position regarding your augs, you are becoming a MEC Trooper with the HELP OF KYOJIIIIII!

PrinceZarek

THIS KINETIC FIST OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWEEEEER!

Edit: I just realized, my steam name is Kyoji. So, considering Shen's position regarding your augs, you are becoming a MEC Trooper with the HELP OF KYOJIIIIII!
Thats... so perfect *sheds a tear*

PrismaCube

Btw I'm sorry for asking this here but I still need some interactions before Sunday that I can post in my Journal, usally I would ask someone but I have a huge headeach so I just hope you guys come to me...pls.

summerjuliet

Okay, not to barge into the conversation, but I've got a question for you active duty kids: do any of you have a plan of what you're going to do if your character dies? Like, in terms of journals--obviously they can't write one since I'm pretty sure death doesn't work that way, but I feel like there'd be a lot of creative ways of seeing them go in the journals as opposed to just stopping posting.

PrinceZarek

Okay, not to barge into the conversation, but I've got a question for you active duty kids: do any of you have a plan of what you're going to do if your character dies? Like, in terms of journals--obviously they can't write one since I'm pretty sure death doesn't work that way, but I feel like there'd be a lot of creative ways of seeing them go in the journals as opposed to just stopping posting.
Maybe have a "final moments" post, like what they were thinking before they died. I'm not entirely sure though.

Side-note; My journal entry for the previous video is going to be in two parts, as I'm part of a 6-person collaboration because of everyone involved in my augmentation. If any of the GMs want me to shorten it into one, I'll try to do so.

Grelite

It will need to fit into one. Sorry, but everyone abides the same rules. If someone else from the co-op wants to post the second part, that works, too. Of course, that would take up their one post as well.

PrinceZarek

It will need to fit into one. Sorry, but everyone abides the same rules. If someone else from the co-op wants to post the second part, that works, too. Of course, that would take up their one post as well.
I'll try to shorten it down, thanks.

EDIT: New shortened version is up, the rest of the collaboration will be in next week's journal

Last edited:

Solskin

Ok, I can't find a good jumping-in point for me on this thread, so I'm just gonna throw this out there and see if I can make a friend.

What is everybody's favorite class in the game?

Mine would be be the Assault class. I get a huge rush when I run'n'gun right next to a Muton Elite and blast him twice with crits from an Alloy Cannon. That and I always imagine some awesome matrix moment whenever Lightning Reflexes kicks in.:)

Dragonivon

With Enemy Within, it becomes a tossup. In Enemy Unknown I was all about the sniper, tending to always have teams with dual snipers covering everyone working their way forward. Now with Enemy Within, I have to say that the Sniper is still important but now I'm all about the Dual MECs taking the point position or splitting into two three man teams with a Mec/Support/and Sniper or Assault. Though with training roulette the class isn't quite as important as the skills they bring to the table.

Solskin

I agree with your point on the MECs, I like splitting them down into 2 teams especially on levels with a building taking up the middle of the map. Makes it easier to find the Meld while still having a good amount of firepower. It works very well for me on normal to classic difficulty. { I haven't had the guts to try impossible beyond the first few missions yet. }

Frostlich1228

MY Favorite Class is the Heavy, No squad is complete without one, They have the Rocket Launcher Which is incredibly useful in all stages of the game, They have HEAT Ammo which rips though those pesky Late Game Robotic Units, They ALSO have Bullet Swarm Which can not only focus down a Single Unit for Late game but you can also use it to Take out Two Targets in one turn for Early Game.

And last but not least, Will to Survive and their various other survival abilities make it so they are Very Hard to Bring down at the Middle and Late Stages of a Playthrough.

BMPixy

To be honest, I prefer the SHIVs over any of the human classes. There is nothing more glorious than dealing with the Newfoundland mission with 5 Hover SHIVs and a Mimetic Skin Sniper with Low Profile, especially if you have all the proper SHIV techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.