X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahlexpert

My favorite class in the game is the assaults, it is with out a doubt they are the tanks of x-com.although even though there tank role was replaced by the mec but they are still the most deadly human class in the game and there run and gun ability is still the most deadly ability in the game and,unlike most classes in the game the can have two weapons the assault rifle and the shot gun. But with out the mec's the assault is still x-coms tank.

Gahlo

Okay, not to barge into the conversation, but I've got a question for you active duty kids: do any of you have a plan of what you're going to do if your character dies? Like, in terms of journals--obviously they can't write one since I'm pretty sure death doesn't work that way, but I feel like there'd be a lot of creative ways of seeing them go in the journals as opposed to just stopping posting.
Back in season 2, Bread made a few posts her character made of prerecorded messages to specific other soldiers in the event of her death. Unfortunately, the season ended early so I don't think she got the full opportunity to say goodbye.

What is everybody's favorite class in the game?
I guess I'm going to be the oddball and say support. They are the most solid, well rounded class in my opinion. Unless you're a tactical genius, you will get shot and you will need the dedicated medic. Even the neglected reaction shot support build is amazing because it controls space in a way no other class can. As a class, it offers incredible mobility, defensive and utilitarian strength. Literally the only bad part about support is that their late game offensive power falls off.

Taxor_the_First

I too am going to say Support. Personally, I have never, NEVER, used a Support for the Reaction Shot skills they have. Mine are always pure medics.
The way I see this question is "What class would be best on it's own?", sort of like "What would you rather have team of?" Having a lone Support allows it to move far ('cause screw Smoke and Mirrors), deal decent damage and, if it does get hit, heal itself for 10 health (with the Foundry upgrade. Without, that goes back to 6, which is still pretty decent). Moreover, if it finds itself stuck dealing with 5 Mutons at once (or something like that) then it can just drop a smoke behind full cover, and it almost guarantees every shot to miss. Especially with Ghost armor.
I'm getting far to in-depth with this.
Point is, a single medic-build Support can revive 30 health on itself, make pretty much everything miss, and run the hell away if necessary. Offensively, it doesn't have the same capabilities, but I play defensively, so it suits me.
BTW Psionic Support is one of the most OP things in the game.

Thenlar

I might have little packages show up for people with stuff from their home countries that Ryan had traded for, but didn't get before eating plasma.

Grelite

In Enemy Unknown I loved the Support class; I wouldn't leave on a mission without two of them. Great mobility and reliable shots. With Enemy Within, however, I started using Snap Shot on Snipers. Combined with Mimetic Skin and Low Profile, it was definitely my go-to guy to get things done during any mission. The assault had been my least favourite class in Enemy Unknown, but again Mimetic Skin and Adrenal Glands changed all that. In fact, I think Enemy Within made me appreciate all classes almost equally, a job well done on the balancing.

Wisekill1

So... How would you guys like the RP to be a Manga style graphic novel? I wont do it if you don't want me to. I want to ensure I'm not messing with you guys' funky flow. I'd be taking the RP journals and basing a story around them. with a tad bit of creative freedom of course. (character's physical appearance, but not outstanding features such as hair color or scars. their speech patterns [only if something needs it.])

Alright, I know that this is a very late reply but if you ever want to add Johan (Cleanup crew) to this graphic novel just let me know and I'll send you his physical appearance.

Even if you rather not want to add him I'll be looking forward to seeing what you draw. :)

Anuvis11

Alright, I know that this is a very late reply but if you ever want to add Johan (Cleanup crew) to this graphic novel just let me know and I'll send you his physical appearance.

Even if you rather not want to add him I'll be looking forward to seeing what you draw. :)
Yeah, pretty late. If you can find a way to develop the character in a way that I can use, I'll probably put him in. At least as a side story.

Psilon

glad I aint the only one thinking that we could have saved that computer
We totally could have. At worse someone would have been killed. They come for 15 credits a pop anyway... *notices the room's gotten very silent*....I mean...that was an excellent call, that showed true concern for our soldiers, and we must praise the commander for making it.

Last edited:

Discopanda

Goddamnit, Largo, I can't hear anything now, why would you fire a rocket in a room the size of a bathroom stall?!

arnold%20schwarzenegger%20commando(2).jpg

S

Sarge-Pepper

I will never not like this picture in reference to our heavies. I wish there was a language pack that allowed us to pick "Schwartzanegger" as a Nation and accent.

Hokucho

I have a great run of luck with Heavies more then any other class, so they are my favorites so far. Also, if I happen to die this season I have it planned that, since Ritofuto is recording these journals as he does them, I think that I will have a sort of camera-feed vid-doc of his last mission, as well as leave behind a sort of John Letter for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.