X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonivon

Also, why have the past two iterations of Zhang been obsessed with alien heads?

I could go into a long anthropological discussion about how the act is a ritual, how it instills terror in one's foes, how it enslaves the victim to the victor in the afterlife, how it used to be the main method of Chinese soldiers of gaining rank and pay in the Qin dynasty, in Japan presenting one's general with heads insured promotion, display of heads as a warning in many cultures was common and helped boost morale, and countless other examples of why when facing a new and inhuman foe you might really REALLY want to get back to savage roots of how to deal with the problem. Especially when talking about the skull of an alien that Zhang considers to be very similar to himself as a professional killer.

Or I could just say that he thinks it would make a lovely goblet.

Adrammalech

There's a good chance you'll be in...really....soon...
\o/

I agree with the restriction of active soldiers.

I wonder, should we call this one for now and wait for Long War Mod for Enemy Within to be finished? The people waiting to enter, probably aren't going to enter any time soon.

Or, we could have people waiting to enter, start writing journals now. I'll leave it up to you guys.
I think letting everyone who was accepted begin journals would inject some life into it. That said, I don't think restarting would be the worst thing in the world.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
I agree with the restriction of active soldiers.

I wonder, should we call this one for now and wait for Long War Mod for Enemy Within to be finished? The people waiting to enter, probably aren't going to enter any time soon.

Or, we could have people waiting to enter, start writing journals now. I'll leave it up to you guys.
Please dont end it, this is my first time ever collaborating with people for a true rp and even though my character never saw that much action in the beginning but I still kept posting to get people to come on. I am new to this sort of thing so I might be a little overlooked but it is still fun.

...Well... Um... Wow...

This is looking to get really tough. Five guys down, all in one mission. That's not the circumstances I was hoping to join in on.

Adrammalech

Even though I'm finally recruited, that episode kinda pushed me a lot farther towards wanting to restart. We're losing a lot of good writers, unfortunately, and that doom tracker is looking rather menacing.

Either way, my first entry is going up soon :D

PrismaCube

Yeah Prisma! At least you know that Caroline lives on as some Bloothirsty Monster that Ruthlessly cuts down humans and uses them for Reproduction! :p

And then I will become Queen of England like I always wanted to, I jsut wont be a human, muahahhahaha just like I planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.