X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaNamir

Ouch...this episode was very difficult to watch. I was quite tempted to not even watch it. I would love to participate in the Journals, but like my fellow fury Im waiting to be rescued.

Edit:

Last edited:

Suryce

Game Master
Maybe you shouldn't tell people how they should play their characters, yeah?

*shrugs*
Suit yourself, but I just don't get it. The point of roleplaying is that you only need to bother about your one and only character. All matters of setting and context is provided to you by GMs and other players, so you can freely spend all your time, efforts and fun developing that one and only character. Thus I'm confused as to why you wouldn't want to do that, developing your character.
And if developing him isn't the point of your character, then what is his point? (<- serious question)

Taxor_the_First

...Well... Um... Wow...

This is looking to get really tough. Five guys down, all in one mission. That's not the circumstances I was hoping to join in on.
Hey guys! What's going on in this -
Oh.
OH.
Valuable lesson learned: never go onto the Think Tank before viewing an episode.
Might I say this game is story wiesed fucked up anyway, I mean getting only a limited amount of cash per month is kinda stupid in such a situation, jsut give it all, if the world is taken over by aliens it wont matter how much money you will have.
I'd explain that by saying that those countries have problems of their own. That's where the funding is going, into monitoring systems that you make redundant when you launch the satellites. I think.
...it's more likely they'll just blame the Aliens
Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Someone mentioned something about "incurring the waiting rp-ers wrath" should a restart happen. Easy solution; give those people free passes into the next season.

One final point. Got some intel from some alien defectors. Apparently they're devoting their resources to finding out what a "chair" is.
For you newcomers, I'll translate: "THE END IS NIGH."

Anuvis11

Hm... well with the loss of Southway and Hoku I think the story of the Manga is dead. I'll just start another one next season. This time I'll wait till the end so I know who's alive so I can get a protagonist who lives. RIP Hoku.

PrismaCube

Your Post Mortem post was Great Prisma! I love how you used my Broodmother Idea :p

But one thing that a lot of people misunderstood when I was describing my whole Broodmother Headcanon in season 3 is that I said it was like a Cryssalid Queen...

Most people Assumed I meant an Insect Queen that gives birth to it's children, but that's not entirely what I meant, I meant like a Monarch Queen, a Queen that controls from the Back and issues orders to it's Soldiers, The Broodmother Doesn't Birth Cryssalid, They do that Themselves, instead it uses it's Psionic powers to establish a Hive Mind with the Rest of it's Soldiers so they move and kill as a Obedient, Thinking force that the Alien Leaders can use effectively. This is why it's almost impossible to Mind Control a Cryssalid, It is incredibly hard to Break the Psi Control that the Broodmother has over it's soldiers.

Hope that sort of clears it up. :3

Man I loved that idea so much, I hope you do not mind if I continue this, I was thinking of somehow involving mysle..chryssalid myself to do something with that fishing village. I mean after all we already lost enough great writers, if I continue to post out of a alien point of view it fills empty space that Odd has been asking for and it would probably be interesting.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hey guys! What's going on in this -
Oh.
OH.
Valuable lesson learned: never go onto the Think Tank before viewing an episode.

I'd explain that by saying that those countries have problems of their own. That's where the funding is going, into monitoring systems that you make redundant when you launch the satellites. I think.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Someone mentioned something about "incurring the waiting rp-ers wrath" should a restart happen. Easy solution; give those people free passes into the next season.

One final point. Got some intel from some alien defectors. Apparently they're devoting their resources to finding out what a "chair" is.
For you newcomers, I'll translate: "THE END IS NIGH."
I would love a free pass into the next season but I think a certian youtuber wants to be fair to everyone.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hm... well with the loss of Southway and Hoku I think the story of the Manga is dead. I'll just start another one next season. This time I'll wait till the end so I know who's alive so I can get a protagonist who lives. RIP Hoku.
Does no one care for me, Gorefest and Winters? Lol and what sort of manga do you do if I am reading right?

Zain Shah

I'm hoping to be a soldier next season because this is the first time I've had something very interesting to write in season 4 after flying back by myself in an empty skyranger with a friend recently confirmed as KIA.

Also, are there any native German speakers here because for next season, I am doing a German character. I have been studying German for 4 years but my grammar is not always great so anyone would be willing to look over it, I would really appreciate it.

PrismaCube

I'm hoping to be a soldier next season because this is the first time I've had something very interesting to write in season 4 after flying back by myself in an empty skyranger with a friend recently confirmed as KIA.

Also, are there any native German speakers here because for next season, I am doing a German character. I have been studying German for 4 years but my grammar is not always great so anyone would be willing to look over it, I would really appreciate it.

Right here buddy, 100% German, born in Berlin and lived 13 years of my life here :D the other 5 in Canada

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

I look forward to seeing how you do it, I personally like the life you bring to a role that is overlooked as Jenkins. Hopefully I can get in again because I really love writing and Video Games so this is a great opportunity for me personally. So good luck.

Anuvis11

Does no one care for me, Gorefest and Winters? Lol and what sort of manga do you do if I am reading right?
Uh well... this was sort of my first attempt at writing a full manga. It was a learning experience for me. It taught me that I need to wait until I know who lives to establish a strong main protagonist. In other news, I've got a possible recruit in the works for next season as well.

Frostlich1228

Man I loved that idea so much, I hope you do not mind if I continue this, I was thinking of somehow involving mysle..chryssalid myself to do something with that fishing village. I mean after all we already lost enough great writers, if I continue to post out of a alien point of view it fills empty space that Odd has been asking for and it would probably be interesting.

Of course I don't mind! That sounds awesome!

That was actually something I wanted to do in season 3 if Anna Died in combat :p

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Uh well... this was sort of my first attempt at writing a full manga. It was a learning experience for me. It taught me that I need to wait until I know who lives to establish a strong main protagonist. In other news, I've got a possible recruit in the works for next season as well.
That is awesome! And just a word of advice, just because a person dies in the end doesn't mean the story can't go on, that is what is so great about xcom it never is linear.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Another thing people might wanna do is do something of like a prolouge of their characters of what they did and how they ended up at xcom sort of building off our entries we sent in to be in the series. also gives a chance to flush out the stories and backrounds of their characters.

Dahlexpert

Well you remember in season 2 Odd relied on one unit,well in this season he relied to much on the mech.And he had just one mech and once it was inured things went to hell would any on agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.