X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psilon

Commander, while certainly effective in their performance so far, I think our ground team might benefit immensely from a squad size upgrade to six, now that there's a captain. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Well... THAT happened. This is not being the best season, but it's not totally over yet. There's still some hope. Some. A tiny bit. A ray. A slim chance. A... oh, cleanup crew... don't forget to get the rookie-piles they left behind.
I can't believe it why haven't we seen it before Central prep clean up for combat we need plasma fodder anyway

PrismaCube

I expected nothing less might I say, no armor and tons of medals that are not being used. Were are simply giving these rookies away to dem aliens.

Dragonivon

I expected nothing less might I say, no armor and tons of medals that are not being used. Were are simply giving these rookies away to dem aliens.

I kindof agree on the armor part at least. Considering how few hp each soldier has at this point, protection is really important too. But Odd is making some hard choices and lately momentum has not been on the team's side. They need a good clean win and the recovery will happen.

Vlakvark

I kindof agree on the armor part at least. Considering how few hp each soldier has at this point, protection is really important too. But Odd is making some hard choices and lately momentum has not been on the team's side. They need a good clean win and the recovery will happen.
I agree, if Odd can manage to swing a victory without taking huge casualties it might just give him enough space to get everyone armored and armed to the point where they won't get fucked by anything larger than a floater.

I'm okay with not going on the mission, except that Odd forgot to look at my character's stats before deciding on someone else. That felt a little like a kick in the stomach.

Hokucho

WELP! We're all boned, bye bye earth! I wonder how long it will take after the season ends to get the next one going- I mean uh... Rah rah X-Com!

Last edited:

Psilon

Not quite...but mostly. At the project's current state I'd just ignore the slingshot missions. Seems like asking for trouble. Other than that we have another mech, and a captain, so things might still be saved. Unless exalt bites us too hard this month.

Is either Shen or Vahlen available for a collaboration? I'm thinking of a journal where Michael Angel is trying as hard as he can to see into places where he's not technically allowed while not actually going anywhere forbidden to him and running into one of them..

BMPixy

Is either Shen or Vahlen available for a collaboration? I'm thinking of a journal where Michael Angel is trying as hard as he can to see into places where he's not technically allowed while not actually going anywhere forbidden to him and running into one of them..

Funnily enough, was just about to post about looking for a collab. So consider me available.

PrinceZarek

First, I want to thank Chris for allowing me to be part of this role-play. This is my first huge RP, and I'm glad to have made many friends here on GLG. I was somewhat of a newbie here, as I found Chris' channel through Enemy Within, so I was apprehensive when it came to creating a character. I was honored to be chosen, not only as one of the "Home Team" but as the first MEC Trooper.

Now, this is where my advice (with a tinge of criticism) comes into play. The reason why I said I wasn't surprised I was KIA was because of how the MEC was used in battle. Full disclosure, I've never played Ironman Impossible. Also, this criticism isn't because I'm mad that Lamarque died, its the reasons behind it.The MEC isn't a tank, it can't take on pods of enemies, its main purpose is to be used as a support unit, not as a (for lack of a correct term) "bullet sponge". It has ZERO defense, so standing right in the open just tempts fate. The MEC was constantly out of commission because of this. Personally, whenever I move a MEC out into the open, I toss a smoke grenade so it has some semblance of defense. I know this wasn't an option on the last mission, but its a good idea for future missions.

I was already working on a character for Season 5, someone quite different than Lamarque. Expect my final journal this Friday. I find a tragic irony in the fact that Lamarque was born on Canadian soil and died on it. I also find it ironic that I asked for a color change for my MEC (more like constantly pestered) but once the new MEC was built... super badass black MEC... (nothing against our newest MEC Trooper)

my reaction

I hope that Season 4 doesn't end prematurely, I think there is still a slim chance that it can be turned around. I just can't wait for the Long War mod though, that'll bring so much to the role-play. I can't wait for the eventual Season 5.

PS I added my Gamertag and my PSN to my signature (which is the same as my name here and on Steam) if anyone wants to add me. If your PSN/Gamertag is quite different than your username here, just send a message saying "hey, its so-and-so from GLG'

PPS "Active Member" title get!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.