OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

BlueBead

Okay, this is completely off-topic, but this just happened and I needed to share it.

Welcome to the F*ck Tower​
3iSigzY.jpg

WE'VE GOT FUN AND GAMES
34S1w9K.jpg

BMPixy

So, while I was browsing the web earlier today trying to ignore impending responsibilities, I ran across the little site called I Write Like - which takes samples of your writings and determines what kind of famous writer you are most similar to. (Here's a link for you guys to try it out: iwl.me ) So, me being me, I decided to plug in works over the past year or so, to see how I've changed as a writer - and boy has it been a ride.
12 months ago I wrote like Dan Brown.
9 months ago I wrote like James Fenimore Cooper (the guy who wrote The Last of the Mohicans).
6 months ago I wrote like Arthur C. Clarke.
3 months ago I wrote like Edgar Allen Poe.
And my most recent works show similarities with Anne Rice (whom Wikipedia tells me writes Gothic horror, Christian literature, and erotica, plus the Vampire Chronicles series).

So yeah, quite the wild ride there. Anyways, I don't expect this kind of charting from you guys, but it'd be interesting to see what results you guys get.

BlueBead

Grenadiers strongest class there is. (Also if you haven't got Acid Grenades you haven't lived.)

Yeah, acid grenades are freakin' lovely.
Also mimic beacons, while technically not grenades, are over powered as heck. I love them so much and I hope they never get nerfed.

Taxor_the_First

So, while I was browsing the web earlier today trying to ignore impending responsibilities, I ran across the little site called I Write Like - which takes samples of your writings and determines what kind of famous writer you are most similar to. (Here's a link for you guys to try it out: iwl.me ) So, me being me, I decided to plug in works over the past year or so, to see how I've changed as a writer - and boy has it been a ride.
9 months ago I wrote like James Fenimore Cooper (the guy who wrote The Last of the Mohicans).
And my most recent works show similarities with Anne Rice (whom Wikipedia tells me writes Gothic horror, Christian literature, and erotica, plus the Vampire Chronicles series).

So yeah, quite the wild ride there. Anyways, I don't expect this kind of charting from you guys, but it'd be interesting to see what results you guys get.
Pasted in a few sections from various times. Back in the middle of SoD, I wrote like Douglas Adams. Since then, apparently I now write like Dan Brown.
Honestly I was expecting Terry Pratchett in there somewhere, but I'll take it.

BlueBead

I'd say I won't try to rely on them as a crutch for my Legendary playthrough, but let's be honest, as soon as Faceless research is done and I have two bodies in cold storage...

They are very much my get-out-of-jail-free card. I always have one or two on missions. I try not to use them for gimmicky BS, but if things are going terrible and I have people out of position, I just slap one down for basically a free turn.

Speaking of broken things, has anyone tried lighting Beserkers on fire? It completely disables them. They can still move, but not attack. At least as far as I've seen.

Lastly, I forget who it was here that had the character Ammelia, but I remember [drawing her] late 2014 and thinking, "Wow, I have no idea how to draw hair buns." Now I'm drawing my randomly generated soldier who has a man bun, and I still don't know how hair buns work. And while I'm digging through my Imgur, thought I'd bring back this gem: [link]
Looking through old art is fun, if not a little bit painful. :D

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

24 months ago I wrote like David Foster Wallace
19 months ago I wrote like Stephen King
6 months ago I wrote like Arthur Conan Doyle
2 months ago I wrote like Stephen King

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
They are very much my get-out-of-jail-free card. I always have one or two on missions. I try not to use them for gimmicky BS, but if things are going terrible and I have people out of position, I just slap one down for basically a free turn.

Speaking of broken things, has anyone tried lighting Beserkers on fire? It completely disables them. They can still move, but not attack. At least as far as I've seen.

Lastly, I forget who it was here that had the character Ammelia, but I remember [drawing her] late 2014 and thinking, "Wow, I have no idea how to draw hair buns." Now I'm drawing my randomly generated soldier who has a man bun, and I still don't know how hair buns work. And while I'm digging through my Imgur, thought I'd bring back this gem: [link]
Looking through old art is fun, if not a little bit painful. :D
...you just had to dig too much. You just couldn't leave the past in the past, now could you? Cocks gun.

BlueBead

...you just had to dig too much. You just couldn't leave the past in the past, now could you? Cocks gun.

Oh, please. Just this week I went through my deviantART gallery to clean up. I started posting art to deviantART in 2006 when I was 11 years old. You have seen NOTHING. I have stared into the abyss and it stared back with horrible anatomy and poorly aliased lines. :p

In fact, I just recently made a stupid mini-comic thing making fun of my first digital drawing: [link]
The irony was too strong to pass up, given that I'm basically a 99% digital artist now. Also interesting proof that I've kept the internet alias "BlueBead" for a decade now. :v

Dahlexpert

Oh, please. Just this week I went through my deviantART gallery to clean up. I started posting art to deviantART in 2006 when I was 11 years old. You have seen NOTHING. I have stared into the abyss and it stared back with horrible anatomy and poorly aliased lines. :p

In fact, I just recently made a stupid mini-comic thing making fun of my first digital drawing: [link]
The irony was too strong to pass up, given that I'm basically a 99% digital artist now. Also interesting proof that I've kept the internet alias "BlueBead" for a decade now. :v

Saw the comic, and I loved the insane laugh in the comic.

Frostlich1228

Season 2: Arthur Clarke
Season 3: Ursula K. Le Guin (Who?)
SoD: Chuck Palahniuk (Writer of Fight Club... Apparently The first rule of SoD is don't talk about SoD)
VoF: Charles Dickens

Sure seems like I got better XD

BlueBead

I'm going to be a butt and self-promote the XCOM-themed drawing I just finished. :p
Figured y'all would be more interested in it than my normal circles, because out of my usual group of friends and acquaintances I'm the only one that plays XCOM.

["XCOM- Calvin Wright" on deviantART]

It took forever to get those shoulder pads to look decent. I hate drawing armor so much. :6