X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

Sooooo.... France is in terror right now. Sorry if I'm just saying this here but with all these people that are coming into Europe from Syria, it is only to be expected. I'm afraid that Germany might also be in this kind of danger. If this happens I'm out. I will move back to Canada and try to get into Bioware or something like that. Next year I will be an active Soldier and I'm really afraid that I will have to live in my own country with fear...

DarkGemini24601

Sooooo.... France is in terror right now. Sorry if I'm just saying this here but with all these people that are coming into Europe from Syria, it is only to be expected. I'm afraid that Germany might also be in this kind of danger. If this happens I'm out. I will move back to Canada and try to get into Bioware or something like that. Next year I will be an active Soldier and I'm really afraid that I will have to live in my own country with fear...
Yeah, thanks European politicians. This is what your attempts at being humanitarian have wrought.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

PrismaCube

Yeah, thanks European politicians. This is what your attempts at being humanitarian have wrought.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

Exactly what I'm saying and my friends. I know as a German it is pure racist saying this, and you instantly get called a Nazi! But it is only the truth! It might be good saving all those poor people from their war. But it also puts us in danger...

If Merkel does not close the borders there will be a revolution here in Germany that is for sure. It is definitely noticeable that many many Germans are against these people coming in. But Merkel said she regrets nothing and its not her Germany if she did anything wrong...

I feel sorry for those French today I truly do, but this is just 120Km away from where I life. I'm even more afraid that this can only get worse.

PrismaCube

Are we all in agreement it is an alt-world female Link since they already covered universe jumping in Hyrule Warriors?

Hopefully Zelda will stay female, hoping for some Yuri :3 xD
Joking aside (or not) I like how she also uses different weapons. Crossbows was it?

DarkGemini24601

Exactly what I'm saying and my friends. I know as a German it is pure racist saying this, and you instantly get called a Nazi! But it is only the truth! It might be good saving all those poor people from their war. But it also puts us in danger...

If Merkel does not close the borders there will be a revolution here in Germany that is for sure. It is definitely noticeable that many many Germans are against these people coming in. But Merkel said she regrets nothing and its not her Germany if she did anything wrong...

I feel sorry for those French today I truly do, but this is just 120Km away from where I life. I'm even more afraid that this can only get worse.
Yeah, it will, unless government officials wisen up and realize that the safety of their citizens is more important than being politically correct and sensitive. I feel for the refugees, I really do, but at the end of the day you can't just open your borders wide, just like you can't go into a for-life prison, drop your pants, and expect not to have something shoved up you. (weird metaphors ftw)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hopefully Zelda will stay female, hoping for some Yuri :3 xD
Joking aside (or not) I like how she also uses different weapons. Crossbows was it?
Yeah, which is cool,because if you remember, there was a link crossbow game for the wii when it first came out and we never saw a crossbow again

PrismaCube

Yeah, which is cool,because if you remember, there was a link crossbow game for the wii when it first came out and we never saw a crossbow again

I also like her character concept design, looks kawaii as fuuuuck :3 I would love to fan art her. Even with drills :3

PrismaCube

Just got confirmation from the barracks I work at, troops are being sent out to Paris for support. I can only say that I'm glad that I'm not yet active. So glad...

Frostlich1228

Yeah, it will, unless government officials wisen up and realize that the safety of their citizens is more important than being politically correct and sensitive. I feel for the refugees, I really do, but at the end of the day you can't just open your borders wide, just like you can't go into a for-life prison, drop your pants, and expect not to have something shoved up you. (weird metaphors ftw)

Honestly... I disagree completely...

Not to offend anyone here, just stating my views on the matter so that maybe you guys can present reasons as to why I'm wrong or right, maybe even convince me to change my views on the subject.

Turns out that birth rates in the EU are declining, which means that without more children being born, EU populations are in decline, it's one of the reasons that the refugees would aid the European nations.

Not to mention more workers means more jobs which means more money, and that is something EU really, really, really needs right now. Germany is really the only thing keeping their economy afloat at the moment.

And keep in mind, Syria is basically a death trap, families are being killed left and right, people are being drove out of their homes by bombs, they have a right to escape that and go somewhere else.

And I know, it's dangerous and you're putting yourselves at risk of attack, I get it, but think about it this way, everything is a huge risk, it's a huge risk to not take these people in because not only will the world look at the European nations like a bunch of insensitive monsters, even if they aren't, if you do nothing the nations that have accepted them are going to go bankrupt, and if they go bankrupt those refugees will have to go to a different country and end up driving them over the edge, sort of like dominoes. The best way to do this is if all of EU works together much more to accept these people, if they divide the people much more evenly over the entire continent they'd be much more of a boon than a problem.

Not to mention that only a very small percentage of these people even wish ill will, is it right to punish and doom an entire people because of what a small minority could do? Personally, I don't think so.

But then again what do I know, I don't live in the EU, maybe I'd understand better if I was living through the middle of this like Prisma, but I'm not, so all I can really do is offer an opinion based on the beliefs of my country, that all men are given the basic rights of Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

Not to offend anyone here, just stating my views on the matter so that maybe you guys can present reasons as to why I'm wrong or right, maybe even convince me to change my views on the subject.

Turns out that birth rates in the EU are declining, which means that without more children being born, EU populations are in decline, it's one of the reasons that the refugees would aid the European nations.

Not to mention more workers means more jobs which means more money, and that is something EU really, really, really needs right now. Germany is really the only thing keeping their economy afloat at the moment.

And keep in mind, Syria is basically a death trap, families are being killed left and right, people are being drove out of their homes by bombs, they have a right to escape that and go somewhere else.

And I know, it's dangerous and you're putting yourselves at risk of attack, I get it, but think about it this way, everything is a huge risk, it's a huge risk to not take these people in because not only will the world look at the European nations like a bunch of insensitive monsters, even if they aren't, if you do nothing the nations that have accepted them are going to go bankrupt, and if they go bankrupt those refugees will have to go to a different country and end up driving them over the edge, sort of like dominoes. The best way to do this is if all of EU works together much more to accept these people, if they divide the people much more evenly over the entire continent they'd be much more of a boon than a problem.

Not to mention that only a very small percentage of these people even wish ill will, is it right to punish and doom an entire people because of what a small minority could do? Personally, I don't think so.

But then again what do I know, I don't live in the EU, maybe I'd understand better if I was living through the middle of this like Prisma, but I'm not, so all I can really do is offer an opinion based on the beliefs of my country, that all men are given the basic rights of Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness.

What baffles me is that people these days let these civil wars happen. The war in Syria, the ISIS threat... All of it just goes to show how much of a shit show the UN really is. What the hell is the purpose of a multi-national governemntal body if it does not enforce conflicts around the world? Meanwhile, UN sucks the dick of Anita Sarkesian and Zoe Quinn like they are fucking war heroes and talk about censorship over the fucking internet when there are international conflicts gripping our world. Does anyone else feel like the UN is just another League of Nations under another name? They do nothing to enforce peace when they should, global help for natural disasters is mostly negligible, it is just a bunch of old farts playing with themselves to see which country can flaunt the biggest dick. Honestly, that is what I think.

PrismaCube

Well that said I can only say that maybe most people would be more positive to all these refuges coming in, if we wouldn't have this bad example of other nations that have lived here for years now. Like we talked about a couple of weeks ago already. Not many people adapt to the live style here. When I go outside walking on the street I see more (excuse me for my words) people with towels on their head than I see Germans. The worst part yet they do not know our language. They do not want to learn it. Few who do learn it are nice. Most crimes are done by them. Many work here for years and still don't know a single word German. I'm sorry but it is all just a bad experience. People from great nations come here and represent their nation in a bad way. Which leaves a bad impression on us, which makes us just not want more of them, even if they are in need of help. We got our own problems here. The refuges are just making more. Although saying that the refuges are more willing to learn our culture and language than most who have lived here for years.

Frostlich1228

Okay, So I'm going to link you guys a video...

Now keep in mind... The person in this video is a Democrat, and strongly disagrees with how EU is running things right now, but if you hear him out he presents quite a few facts as to why Europe could use these migrants and why they are a boon to those countries.

PrismaCube

Okay, So I'm going to link you guys a video...

Now keep in mind... The person in this video is a Democrat, and strongly disagrees with how EU is running things right now, but if you hear him out he presents quite a few facts as to why Europe could use these migrants and why they are a boon to those countries.

Watched the whole thing, seems like a comedian talking about things he only hears about, sorry if I say this but I can't find all to much truth in his words.

Frostlich1228

Watched the whole thing, seems like a comedian talking about things he only hears about, sorry if I say this but I can't find all to much truth in his words.

Well, it's hard to keep people interested in something, especially politics, without putting a bit of humor into it.

And what didn't you find accurate, if I may ask? I'm curious.