X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

In the future we will have more organized breaks, though they won't be super long or frequent. Maybe have off days on days no one really has time, dunno.

But the mission is ready. Adrammalech, does Sunday on the 23rd sound like a good day to do the mission?

DarkGemini24601

Also, wanted to make a random litte note. You know the mission overviews? I wanted to clarify that the majority of that information is what we know and the soldiers would generally know.

The exceptions are Enemies and Civilians. Those are meant as a guide, though for something like a rescue mission we'd know the civie count and maybe their status if they stay in contact. Enemies are soley for a player and reader guide unless implicitly stated otherwise. We can't typically know the loadout and numbers of enemy forces at first glance/scan.

Frostlich1228

Since no one is talking about anything right now, let me change the subject, recounting you all the tale, of the greatest and most criminally underrated first person shooter of all time- splitters... :D

It's called, Timesplitters Future Perfect, for the Gamecube, Ps2, and Xbox.

The Timesplitters series was heavily inspired by goldeneye and perfect dark, some of the best classic shooters, you can see this in terms of controls mostly, with in slight autoaiming feature than can be turned on or off. But where the Timesplitters series really blows them out of the water, is with replayability.

Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect featured a solid story mode that only got better as the series went on, putting you in the shoes of Captain Cortez though a co-op or single player adventure through time, visiting many different places and unique and extremely varied. It also has an amazing multiplayer that gives you hundreds of hours of playtime with it's maps, hundreds of interesting characters, many weapons from plasma rifles, to crossbows, to bricks you can throw, super fun gamemodes, and the ability to configure matches in almost any way you want.

Then, it had over a hundred unique challenges where you can unlock all of those things, making it extremely hard to run out of things to unlock and do.

Last but not least, it has one of the most in depth map creators of any game I've ever seen, giving you the ability to not only map extremely detailed and tailored multiplayer maps for any game mode, but it also allowed you to make your own story maps and even control the pathing and behavior of the AI. It was glorious...

The amount of stuff you can do in this game blows every single shooter out of the water so extremely, that it's a wonder why games right now aren't more like it.

The best game in the series in my opinion was Future Perfect, with it's improved EVERYTHING on Timesplitters two, except the exclusion of a few gamemodes from the original, but while Future Perfect is just better, Timesplitters two still holds a special place in my heart as an amazing game.

If you want a better explanation, than this check out this review of the game. :)

I know I could've posted this on the Off Topic thread, but I just think it's more fun to talk about it here and more people will be able to engage in the conversation with me. :)

DarkGemini24601

Well, it's official. Chris is doing another 'sign up in the comments' series, so no RP. I think he forgot that people suggested he still run another RP on the side here, and thought there was no point in coming back to Gamigon. I feel bad for Sarge when he notices this, since I know he was hoping for an influx with a Chris RP.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

Well, it's official. Chris is doing another 'sign up in the comments' series, so no RP. I think he forgot that people suggested he still run another RP on the side here, and thought there was no point in coming back to Gamigon. I feel bad for Sarge when he notices this, since I know he was hoping for an influx with a Chris RP.
Heh... His assault bias is showing and I can't wait to see him fail with that.

DarkGemini24601

Annnnd I'm an idiot. Alz, you know Samorie Sorie, the 'Replitan' in your mission? She was supposed to be an Ardenian. Derp. I'll keep her as a Replitan, but I need another Ardenian NPC recruit at sooome point.

Alzdude28

Well, after an incredibly promising-looking playthrough of Enemy Within, I went from only having lost a couple of low-ranking soldiers to having all my officers (including five Colonels) wiped out over two missions. I am currently trying to survive towards the endgame with mostly squaddies. I have one officer (captain, I think) and a sergeant.

My conclusion: Humanity is fucked. Again.

DarkGemini24601

Well, after an incredibly promising-looking playthrough of Enemy Within, I went from only having lost a couple of low-ranking soldiers to having all my officers (including five Colonels) wiped out over two missions. I am currently trying to survive towards the endgame with mostly squaddies. I have one officer (captain, I think) and a sergeant.

My conclusion: Humanity is fucked. Again.
If I remember correctly I may or may not have beaten the game on classic ironman. It's been awhile if I have.

DarkGemini24601

The soldier list has been updated now if anyone's interested. (D-Does anyone still check the info page? I worry that because it is separate from the RP pages that people haven't paid it much mind.)

DarkGemini24601

Also, here, have some information. These are the space pirate factions we've met so far.

The Triads

Primary Races: Humans
Weaponry: Gauss and Pulse Lasers
Armor: Alloy Suits and Flight Armor
Power: Thermal and Elerium
Equipment: Protective Devices and Grenades
Focus(es): Gene-Mods and Psionics
Spacecraft: Scouts, Fighters, and Transports

As the XSDF began to crack down on the Triads on Earth, the chinese organized crime group began to look towards the stars for freedom. Taking what advances in technology they had, they snuck aboard colony ships or fled in stolen spacecraft, eventually working with aliens to garner more advanced technology. They also found ways to genetically modify themselves and learn the art of psionics, taking their business beyond Earth.

Slipstream Hijackers

Primary Races: Humans, Sectoids, Replitans, Balmadaar, and BaƷir
Weaponry: Beam, Gauss, Pulse and Plasma
Armor: Alloy Suits, Basic Power Armor, Aegis Armor, and Flight Armor (Sometimes w/ Personal Shields)
Power: Fusion and Elerium
Equipment: Special Ammunition
Focus(es): None in particular
Spacecraft: Scouts, Fighters, Raiders, Destroyers, Barges, Transports, Battleships (Pretty much anything they can get their hands on)

Excellent pilots and soldiers, the members of HS are true ‘space pirates’, aboard a motley assortment of stolen ships or otherwise custom-built craft. The BaƷir, naturally, don’t always build the unique variants or repair hijacked craft of their own free will. Sectoids usually serve as pilots, Replitans the thieves, Balmadaar the brute force. Humans fulfill any of these roles.

Outcasts of Tamear

Primary Races: Tamearins, Balmadaar
Weaponry: Beam and Pulse Lasers
Armor: Alloy Suits and Heavy Power Armor
Equipment: Protective Devices and Grenades
Focus(es): Psionics and Gene-Mods
Power: Fusion
Spacecraft: Raiders and Fighters

The outcasts are primarily made up of the outcasts from the higher ranking positions of Tamear. Scorned by their own kind, these Tamear share their discarded nature with the Elite Balmadaar that were rejected by their own kind. They specialize in the tag-team nature of the Tamearins’ psionics and the Balmadaar’s physical strength. That these Tamearins so willingly work with those with gene-mods, and might even use a few themselves, show how far they have fallen from their people.

Venom

Primary Races: Replitans
Weaponry: Beam Lasers and Gauss
Armor: Alloy Suits and Basic Power Armor
Power: Fusion and Elerium
Equipment: Protective equipment, Handheld Items, and Seekers
Focus(es): Gene-mods
Spacecraft: Fighters and Destroyers

With the exception of forced BaƷir laborers, this group is made up entirely of Replitans incapable of conforming to civilized life after the Ethereal’s falls but not skilled enough to start a more fruitful criminal career on their own. Specialize in modifications to enhance their already impressive dexterity. This group has some exceptional sharp-shooters, and specializes in working in tandem with their own, custom brand of Seekers.

And some hints at others the Einherjar hasn't run into yet:

"The Packmasters", "The Busters", "The Wreckers", "The Controllers", and "Chrystal Fear"