Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

Dahlexpert

Part 4

Crixus bowed his head." I will get to work making silver weapons my mistress, we need to injure them first and I plan to be by your side this time for it."

"And I'll start thinking of weaknesses to exploit for each of them." Rumi looked at Crixus for a moment before saying, "Can I... have a quick talk with you in private, mistress?"

"Yes of course." Alice told Crixus and her reaper to leave the room." Alright Rumi what is it?"

"Your sister, um... a-attacked me when I got her down to the cell." Rumi through up her hands. "I-I promise, I-I didn't hurt her much to stop her! I just... I-I thought, to make sure this doesn't happen again, I should check on her from time to time. Y-you could probably give the job to one of the men, but... you know. Man checking up on a defenseless woman in chains... probably not the best idea."

Alice thought for a moment and nodded her head in agreement." Good idea, keep an eye on her." Alice cut her finger and pointed it at Rumi." Here for not killing my sister."

Rumi sucked on her finger for a few moments, and smiled. "Mmm... thank you, mistress." She bowed her head. "I'll go work on that list of weaknesses."

"Good get on that." Once Rumi left Alice looked over her hat." Yep, this hole demon appears this works great." Alice smiled at her performance

From the shadows of the doorway, Rumi watched Alice for a few moments. She frowned, and spat a mouthful of blood over the side of the ship before making her way below deck.

Alice then remembered that she had a gift for Rumi." Ou damn her new weapons, I forgot to give them to her." Alice quickly went back to her quarters and pulled out a small box, in it was a pare of pistols." Not the best but it should work." Alice made her way below deck, and was about to call Rumi until she heard two people talking.

"You don't want to use this chance to escape?"

"That isn't possible. I have suffered worse then this. My position does not come to one who is not willing to pay for it in blood. These chains hurt... but my sister suffered them for far longer. It is a burden I will carry. One I deserve."

"I did not think you could think so kindly after her, especially after what you said to her above deck."

"And I did not expect her to show me any kindness, especially after what she has done. I guess... we truly are family, and true family never abandons each other."

"Still... to suggest taking the Elders captive. You realize she has a much better chance at succeeding with that, right?"

"I realize that. It is fine. Better she take city with minimum losses then a terrible battle ending in a Pyrrhic victory for whoever comes out on top. After... after all she has done to you, I understand how you can be bitter. But please watch out for her. I will not give up on her."

Alice hearing all this sinked her nails into the side. But she calmed down and continued down the stairs." Rumi, ah there you are I forgot to give you this." Alice opened a box to show four pairs of pistols." I figured you could use some long ranged weapons, so ther you go." Alice smiled being proud of her thrall, knowing that she's free from her grasp.

"Whoa..." Rumi reached in and pulled one out, looking it up and down. "These are well made. Dual shot. Quick for reload. Finely made hammers and triggers. We have nothing like this back in the city. They look really expensive. Are you... sure you want me to have one?"

"Of course you're my thrall, and who I consider my child you and Crixus. Take two or all four if you want."

"Really?" Rumi took another one out. She reached for the third, but paused, and shook her head. "No... no. Crixus should take the other two." She giggled and stuck out her tongue. "Besides, I need to practice and learn how to use these before I try and take more." She bowed her head. "I promise, I will work hard to earn every bullet you give me. I..." She hesitated before saying, "I will service you men if that serves as proper compensation."

Alice put the box down and hugged Rumi." I'm sorry I put you through that when you became my thrall, I don't know how many times you been violated since then behind my back. But I told them to never mess with you again. That's why the man that's currently tied to the ships sailing pole has four swords driven into his back, he's an example to those that defy my orders. And if by some how they still mess with you, use them as target practice." Alice release Rumi and rubbed her head. "I need to go get more cannons for the ship, as a ram for her. And fix the hull get more cannonballs ugh we need a lot." Alice yawned." Good night Rumi." Alice went up the stairs, but stopped when she was unseen so she could hear the rest of their conversation.

Rumi stared up the stairs for a moment, before leaning against the door to the cells. "Do... do you think she really cares?"

"I don't know," Lilith said from the other side of the door. "She's fallen far... but she was once so sweet. That attack on her changed her. Please... I am sure she can be reached if someone... please, just... stay with her. I trust she'll treat you right."

Rumi nodded, looking the guns over. "I'll... I'll do it. I just hope your right." She glanced up the stairs once more, looking guilty as she walked away, heading back to her room.

When she went up the stairs and opened the door, Rumi saw Alice leaving the ship. Alice kept her back turned and muttered to herself." Keep watch humph damn sister."

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The Thorn of the Rose Part One

The mid-morning air stirred as the light breeze carried the scent of the city towards the open window of Davon Reinhold. He had his hair undyed, the brown locks uncut for quite some time. A stubble adorned his jaw that was left unshaven from a sense of lethargy that had set in. There was a piece of parchment in his hand, one that had left him shaken for the past few days. Gabriel knew he was back in the main city of Stormrend. The younger head of house of the Reinhold name crushed the note into a very small ball. His brother had not been in contact with him ever since a night the Stormrend assassin very vividly remembered.

There was a knock on his bedroom door, a girl with short, frazzled and raven black hair strolling in with her heels tapping on the wooden floor. Her midnight green eyes shone with purpose, but seeing her master made her stop momentarily and cough. “You know, the amount of times I walk in on you shirtless kind of worries me Mr. Reinhold.” Clover said in a moment of unevenness.

Lazily rolling his head over, Davon sighed and dropped down from his low leveled perch and grabbed a simple white cotton shirt he lethargically put his arms though, “It’s because you keep walking in uninvited.” the lord of the house responded back with a sarcastic flair, rolling his hand as he followed up with, “What do you want Clo?”

With a rather sharp huff of breath, his maid tapped her foot in irritation. “You said you wanted me to tell you when word came from your guild members. Well it came. They will be here when they get here.”

“I hardly doubt that is what Lady Havenbrook’s message said.” The tall lord said with a large emphasis on his doubting tone.

“W-Well, I am using shorthand. The message is still the same. Anyways, that is not why I am here. Andros went and got the flowers you required, and Tyr ironed out your nice clothing which befits a lord of your status now that he is home.” Putting her hands behind her back, the flowery named maid proceeded to add, “I personally took the liberty of… taking care of your stupid old jacket. It was dirty, and it was torn, and that shade of red is just… too much. The colors of house Reinhold are-”

“A black shield to represent the stalwart nature of our house against the threat of evil by embracing the darker aspects of reality and a golden axe crest to represent the wealth of our house and the power that represents. I have not forgotten, nor will I ever Clover… it is just… red is an important color for me.”

“Right…” Clover said in a bit of a somber tone, “It was your mother’s favorite color.” Her tone hardened a bit and grew sterner, “Which is even more of a reason that your treatment of the coat given to you by your fiance would be in such poor repair. Anyways, I am making a few adjustments and repairs to suit the master wearing it. I will hear no complaints about it either.”

Davon frowned at her tone, but knew the maid who he had grown up with knew him well enough by now to know how to win with him. He had to make extra sure she and Arlia never met under all circumstances. There was another knock at the door, a rather tall man with dark blonde hair and an angular face staring passively at the brown haired man. “You look rather disheveled Master Davon. May I suggest that you tidy up before going out to see your family?” The butler Andros asked with a calming tone that sounded just as sharp as his features. Despite a his youthful face, you would never suspect he was twice the age of his lord and even a few more years tacked on.

“Nice to see you too.” The man greeted back gruffly, scratching his stubble. He had been ignoring himself lately. It was not like he had a bad reason to be neglecting himself. “I will. Just leave me be for now.” Davon commanded. He waited until the help bowed and exited. Looking at the balled up piece of paper, he threw it to the side in anger.

See you little brother. The paper had read.

Davon had left the estate alone, now freshly shaven and wearing some proper attire that showed him as one of the upperclassmen of the capital city. He wore an expertly crafted overcoat that was black in color, exquisite gold work embroidered into the cuffs. A cape draped his right arm that was the same black midnight color with the gold worked around the outside and an axe sigil in the middle. Attached to his back was his family’s sword named Rose in a scabbard that was made to fit with the rest of the outfit.

In his left hand was a bundle of the flowers the weapon was named after, these ones dethorned for his own carrying comfort. It had been a while since he had returned to the city and his cast off street name did keep the identity of the red coated assassin a secret but anyone who knew anything knew the Reinhold family and their control in the city that rivaled the monarchy in all but name. This naturally kept people away as they made a wide berth of protection around him and them. Davon did not mind.

In crowded city streets it was a miracle to get anywhere in a decent amount of time when you were a nobody cast into a sea of nobodies. With the capital of Stormrend being situated on a large hill with a palace capping off the top of it, Davon traveled down the streets that followed the natural physical monument. Winding roads followed the curvature the earth had made giving everything built in the city a unique look since the buildings had to be made with the incline in mind.

For an assassin, this made navigating the city if you knew it from the rooftops extremely easy, as from the noble estates you could easily descend into the underbelly of the capital city. The hard part was ascending without being conspicuous.

Getting further and further down, the dark haired noble reached the middle part of the city. A lot of commerce occurred, and the change was extremely easy to notice from coming and going. Here, the air was heavy with the smells of bakeries and other hot foods being served in open doored shops and stalls. People swelled here in an even denser crowd than the upper city. The vibrancy that the capital city got famed for was seen here and it was easy to pick out lost foreigners and sneaky pickpockets, two of which Davon himself had to teach a lesson about who they were stealing from. If he had donned his blue hair, things would have been much different, but something felt good about being just anonymous for a while.

Navigating his way through the crisscross of streets, he finally arrived to the place he wanted to be at. It was on the borderline between the upper and middle city, a rare spot of open land without many buildings the size of a small park. Gravestones lined the ground for many rows and columns, some so eroded away they could barely be read anymore and others freshly carved. Making his way through the place of the dead, Davon did not know who looked at one another first but green eyed gaze met his brown. Standing at a rather obelisk looking stone, a tall, bulky man was also dressed in all black, though he wore a cloak instead of the traditional arm cape of Stormrend’s nobles. Most of his golden hair was splayed behind him but a small amount in the back was tied together. There was a strap of gold on his chin, and round glasses donned the bridge of his nose.

Despite his relative young age, there were worry marks detailing his eyes, the way his eyes were shaped leaving a shadow under his eyes that made him look stoic even though in reality he was the opposite. Davon stopped next to him reluctantly and they both turned to face the grave. Davon placed down his flowers, noticing a good fortune figure resting to the side that was occasionally placed on graves to give them a sort of personal charm of their own.

There was a stretched out period of silence between the two men. The two brothers. Gabriel was the first to break the silence. “I know you hate me, but please refrain from spilling blood here. It would not be proper. And we both know I would defend myself.” A similar looking sword to the one that hung on Davon’s back was in a scabbard on his left hip. The second family sword, Nightshade.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The Thorn of the Rose Part Two

“I am not an animal like you. I do not slaughter when people least expect it.” The younger brother responded evenly but with a noticeable amount of heat.

“It was something that needed to be done. Our family is not one built on morals like we preach we do. You know what mother and father were a part of. What you were marrying into. After all, you just continued along the same despicable path that the others did, assassin.” The golden haired brother explained matter-of-factly. “I did what I had to in order to protect our family. Eventually, someone would have attacked us in retaliation. It would be another minor civil war. All because father was greedy and mother was vindictive.”

“They were our family!” Davon raised his voice, turning his head, “And you murdered them!”

Gabriel looked pained, his eyes closing very slowly, “How many families did they murder Davon? How many were exploited to make our family’s power? I could not be a part of that life. I wished to save you from that life. I accepted the fact you would forever hate me a long time ago. I understand your hate. But it is misguided either way. I did not take any joy out of what I did that night.”

“Bullshit…” Davon growled angrily, clenching his fist. “No one… No one who claims to be self-righteous would kill an innocent girl while she pleaded for her life. On the day of her engagement no less. I loved her.”

“It was puppy love Davon. Mother and father planned it all out from the beginning. You would be childhood friends, you would fall in love, and in return they would get control of the underground. She was a mobman’s daughter. And she was as guilty as the rest of them. She deceived you, and went along with the plan. You were too soft and naive to understand.”

“Shut up!” Davon yelled, stepping back with a hand on his sword hilt, “Don’t you dare talk about Magnolia like that! She was as innocent as me in all of this!”

“Just ask her sister. Or better yet follow the document and money trail. It was not hidden Davon. If you’d look, you would know the truth once and for all. Why you decided to save Clover is beyond me, but I suppose she would know too.” Gabriel explained calmly, seeing no clear threat from his angered sibling gauging from his unflinching reaction to aggression. “I should kill her too on sheer principle, but it would be overkill and unneeded. She didn’t heir her family business and did the right thing. I suppose we can’t blame the children too much for the sins of the parents.”

Davon shook with rage, drawing his blade off of his back and going for a strong overhead attack. Nightshade left the scabbard and Davon was disarmed in a single counterstroke. Rose tumbled through the air and pattered on the stone till it stopped, the shimmering violet blade pointed at Davon’s throat while he cradled his minorly cut hand. “I know about your second life Davon. All of it. You’ve done many atrocities that I should end you for. But you are my brother and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt because your petty act shows me you are still just as naive as you were the night of the ball. You don’t need to be an evil person to get by in this world brother. There is enough of it in this world in the form of monsters and dark gods.” In one smooth motion he sheathed Nightshade.

“I hate you… I am going to make sure that I make sure you suffer in the worst way before I kill you with my own two hands!” The young brother yelled, charging with a fist.

Gabriel sidestepped the sloppy punch and tripped up Davon, who fell to the ground. “You are making a fool of yourself right now. This is a sacred place you dishonor by acting like a child. If you truly wish to be a king, shape up.”

Davon froze on the ground, shaking in disbelief. “How… how do you…”

“I do not spend my time in exile playing vigilante for hire Davon. If you do not shape up, I will be forced to kill you and run things myself. I am still dealing with my actions. I wish mother and father didn’t have to die. But they did. There is no changing that. Don’t repeat history brother. Killing you would be the hardest thing I would ever have to do.” Looking towards the grave one last time, Gabriel turned and left in a slow stride, leaving his brother on the ground.

His body shaking from the range of emotions, he slammed his fist onto the stone ground, opening the wound on his hand further. Gritting his teeth, Davon growled in saddening anger.

That night had been extraordinary from the beginning. The day was perfect, with big fluffy clouds in the sky that had no hint of foul weather in them. Breakfast was extra special, and he even had worn special clothing when Magnolia had come over. When night had fallen, the dance hall shone with golden light from the massive chandelier overhead. Partygoers mingled of course but most of the night had consisted away from the ball for Davon. He had chased after Magnolia throughout the estate, every time he caught her she had to give him a kiss before she was released to be caught again.

After all was said and done, after all the guests had gone was when Gabriel had killed them. His parents, Magnolia’s parents and his own bride-to-be. He was a scrawny fourteen year old protecting a nine year old Clover from his older brother’s sword. Davon let out a pained yell, crying into the ground as he pounded the ground over and over again. The man who ruined his life, who killed the three people he cared for most was standing right next to him, and like that night he was powerless to do anything except throw a tantrum. Davon was frustrated at Gabriel, but more than anything, he was frustrated with himself.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Black0ut, Dahlexpert, & ZombieSplitter53
Pranks, Gone to Far
Part One

Stormrend
Village of Kurama
June 14th, 3349
11:23 p.m.

The sun was high as the Havenbrook Hunter’s made it into town. Elma looked about in wonder as her brother tried to keep her in check. Leading the head of the pack was Even Seracruse, a man none of the others had worked with, but Titania knew all too well. She still remembered the heated discussion involving them and Lady Havenbrook after the death of his sister. It was an elephant in the room, one he did not seem to want to address considering he had barely even looked at her since they left the manor.

“So… are we going to just not talk or look at each other? Because if that’s the case, and we end up in combat, chances are we’ll lose and I don’t want that to happen. So… let’s talk.” Titania yawned, cracking her neck as she stared at the higher ranked Hunter.

Even sighed, and slowed a bit so they could walk side by side. “My… my sister is still a sensitive subject for me. However, I did ask around the manor, and I learned… less then positive things about her. She was clearly aware of what I would and would not approve of in discussion…”

“Yes… I recall. She was… opinionated about Light Elves, and had a couple other things that I personally disagreed with… but she was a person who seemed to be hiding her insecurities under a facade. I think she was a good woman underneath the strong dislike of Light Elves, and the world will suffer for losing her.” Titania lamented, casting her eyes downwards in slight regret and sorrow.

Even seemed a bit surprised, and after a while, he smiled. “That’s probably the nicest things I’ve heard about her since her passing.” He looked straight ahead. “What I said back then… I was hot under the collar. A mixture of anger and grief. I realize now it wasn’t personal. You did what you had to in order to protect your team, and you put her to rest. As far as I’m concerned, I have no reason to hold anything against you.”

Titania smiled, some of the tension she was feeling, started to ebb away. “Thanks. Truth be told, I was a bit nervous about approaching you. Didn’t know if you were still upset at me. And… I didn’t hold it against you. Hell, something happened recently that made me question whether or not some of the things I’ve done in my life hurt others. Kinda sucks, this whole looking-back-at-my-mistakes thing, but, that’s for a different time.” Titania lifted her eyes up and straightened, taking on a more formal stance, “Seeing as how you’re our acting commander, what do you think our next move should be?”

Even turned and held up a hand to stop the other three, the group standing at the west entrance of the town. “We’re here to investigate some reports of pranks and disturbances in this village. Not usually something a guild would trouble themselves with, and indeed none of the local ones want to bother with it. But some of these pranks have gotten dangerous and some believe there is a supernatural element to them, so Lady Havenbrook took the job.” He nodded to Elma. “Hopefully this will be a good one to cut your teeth on.”

Elma put her finger tips together. “I just hope I don’t screw this up, or go into a panic. Oh gods, what if they don’t come quietly? Do I have to kill?! This is a bad idea. Me coming here was a mistake. I should go home an-”

Charter put his hand on Elma’s shoulder. “Sis, stop panicking You’ve only killed admittedly a few animals, rabbits and recently elk and deers, but it’s something. You will do fine alright.” Slone put his head on Elma to calm her down.

Elma rubbed Slone. “Thanks you two. I’m just nervous is all.”

“Hopefully, it won’t be anything big or too terrible,” Even said, scratching his head. New Hunters are usually more concerned with their safety then having to kill. Clearing his throat, he continued, “Now, this is a small, close-knit village, but it is close enough that the villagers are at least a little used to strangers. That being said, the village head asked that we try and keep a low profile. I propose we spread out. Split up and ask around town for clues about who, or what, might be causing the trouble. Any objections?”

Elma raised her hand. Um, can I get an escort. I’m kinda new to this whole thing.”

Even nodded. “Charter, I’m sure you won’t mind.”

“Of course, I’m sure no one will attack someone riding a dire wolf,.” Charter got on Slone back and rubbed his head. Slone being armored, and still hating his saddle.

Even bit his lip. “Just… be careful with him. I’m more afraid of him attacking someone else.”

“Slone is fine, he’s more well mannered than most people, so he will be fine.”

Even nodded. “Meet up in the center of town in an hour.” With that, he, Titania, and the Van Dams walked off in three different directions.

-----

Charter and Elma walked around the town, some people looking at Slone with panicked eyes. “Ugh it get’s really annoying seeing people getting scared of Slone.”

“Well he is a giant direwolf Charter , after all people usually run from them as they're being hunted by packs of them.”

“I know, but it’s just annoying let’s start to question some people about these pranks seriously pranksters ugh boy.” Charter and Elma walked around trying to find someone to question . Charter knocked on one of the doors hoping someone was home.

A woman in her late twenties, her belly large with a soon to come child, opened the door. “Yes? How can I oh, gods!” She quickly slammed the door in fear.

“Ugh damn it, Slone can you please.” Slone laid down on the ground as Elma knocked on the door.

“Um excuse me mam but it’s alright, our wolf friend is quite tamed.”

She slowly peeked out of the door. “H-how do you tame a wild wolf?”

“You find him as a puppy, and you train him to be royal guards dog. But he’s my companion and a loyal friend his name is Slone, pet him if you want to.” Slone stood up and looked at the woman He being bigger then the woman.

“N… no thanks.” She waved nervously at Slone. “H-how can I help you, uh, three?”

“Were looking for the pranksters that has been terrorising you people, any leads at all miss?” Elma said.

“Pranksters?” She tapped her lip. “Oh, yes. Such a troublesome sort. They made a mess of the display in front of my favorite shop. Such obscene graffiti. Nothing I would want my child to see. Why are you asking about them?”

“We have been hired to take care of them, hope fully peacefully, so if you have any information for me and my brother and me please help us.”

“Well, I’m afraid I don’t know anything, but if you ask the shopkeeper, he might have something to tell you.” The woman leaned out the doorway, giving Slone a nervous glance before pointing down the street. “It is called Benji’s. You’ll see it a few blocks down and to the left. It was a nice, shiny new sign since they had to replace it.”

Elma bowed her head in gratitude. “Thank you mam, and don’t worry about our cuddly friend. He’s a big softy, when he has no target.” Elma said her and her brother going to the shop keeps, Slone moved closer to the women and started to whimper.

She laughed nervously before lightly patting his head, before quickly ducking back inside. “B-bye, wolfy.” She quickly shut and locked her door.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Pranks, Gone to Far
Part Two

Titania walked around town, studying the people who were nearby to determine if something was off. Arlia did tell me that these people don’t take kindly to Thropes… I wonder what information I could get from them… if they'll even talk to me. Walking up to the nearest person, who looked to be a young man in his early thirties, Titania asked, “Could I take a moment of your time to ask about an incident that’s been happening in your area recently?”

He looked her up and down suspiciously. “I’m a bit busy.”

“I promise it won’t take long. I’ve been hired to find out who’s been terrorising people here, and if I can, stop them and turn them over to the local authorities. So, uh, do you know anything about that, sir?” Titania replied politely, a little bit of her typical warmth in her voice.

The man scoffed. “Is that right? Well, I heard it was a Thrope. One with dog ears.” He narrowed his eyes and stepped forward. “How long have you been in town?”

The warmth in Titania’s voice turned to ice, as she smirked at the man, amused that he thought he could intimidate her. “You do realize I’m a mercenary, right? Or rather, to put it so even someone as slow as you can understand, I’m a Hunter. But… since you’ve decided to be an ass, I’m half-tempted to deck you and start a fight. But I’m not quite that rude. So to answer your question, I’ve only been in town since I arrived today. Anything else, your highness?” Titania asked sarcastically, her right hand clenched into a fist, just in case the local wanted to get rowdy.

His eyes widened a bit, and he held up his hands. “L-look, lady, I’m telling the truth. Unless it was some kind of upright walking animal, it was a Thrope. At least, that’s what I heard. And, um… a-and it is multiple people! Yeah! People have reported seeing different people pulling the pranks. Outsiders, the lot of them. But there is always a report of someone with canine features being the last one seen.”

“Thanks. Now, was that so hard to say? If you had said that instead of jumping to conclusions, I wouldn’t have had to be mean.” Titania shook her head, before tossing the man a gold coin. “And word of advice to you? The more that you show your disdain, the more likely you are to make someone want to hurt you. Try to be a bit nicer to people regardless if they’re a different race or if they’re travellers. ‘Cause if I were not in a Guild and if I wasn’t so nice, there’d be a very big, bloody mess. Anyways, so long.” Titania said, walking away, and hoping her words would scare the man into becoming a nicer person than the one he was before.

That didn’t seem to be the case when, a minute or two later, she could hear him taking out his aggression on someone else. Turning back, she saw him holding the wrist of a boy of around twelve or thirteen wearing the shabby uniform of a street urchin, a pair of feline ears adorning his head. “Watch where you're walking, you dirty little scamp!” he yelled.

“Back off, old man!” the boy yelled, trying to pull free.

“Oi! Asshole! I thought I told you to be nice to people. If you make me come back over there, I swear to Nemesis I’ll make sure you can’t use your arms for a month! Put. The. Boy. Down.” Titania growled, her eyes flashing feral, as she held up her hands, balling one into a fist and moving it so it clanked against her other hand.

The man shook a bit in fear. “But… but this boy…”

“Let go!” The boy gave him a solid jab in the pants, causing the man to release him and drop to his knees in pain.

“Hey, you two!” Another man shouted. Based on his choice of clothes and sword on his belt, he seemed to be an authority figure of some sort.

“Uh oh.” The boy rush over to Titania, grabbing her arm and pulling her along. “Let’s disappear! Follow me!”

Titania seemed confused for a moment, than an idea sprang into her head. Could he be one of the troublemakers people have been reporting? I’ll apologize to that man if I see him again and to whoever that guy with sword is... She thought, as she followed the boy’s lead.

He quickly ducked her through one alley, then another. They were in a more residential place, so there were a number of corners to turn, and he seemed to know where he was going. With a sigh of relief, he finally stopped, laughing as he leaned against the wall. “Slow, old officers, never can keep up. You’re pretty quick on your feet, love. Didn’t even break a sweat.” He flipped a gold coin, catching it as it fell back down.

“Of course not. Name’s Titania, by the way. So… I suppose you pinched the coin off the the guy and he caught you?” She asked, stretching her arms.

“Yup. Easy score. Least I thought.” He grinned at her. “People like him usually ignore me like trash on the street. But you got him all worked up. Bloody fantastic. Thought he might wet himself.” He pocketed the coin. “I’m Stitch.”

“Well… stealing from him wasn’t quite the best idea, as it was a reward for him being honest. But yes, being a predator Thrope tends to scare the ‘umies a bit, especially when they can tell I’m irritated. I’m assuming you have a group you're with? Like other orphans?”

He laughed. “Story book case yer looking for, huh?” He held his hands behind his head. “Sorry, love. But I’m a Thrope. And a foreigner. In Stormrend. Even the other homeless brats wouldn’t accept me.” He narrowed his eyes. “Oh… I see. The codger has you all turned around. Pointing fingers at your own kind. Sad, sad day. Would you feel better about me scabbing the coin off him if I told you, honest though he was, he was wrong?”

“Well… no. ‘Cause when you grabbed me, I had the choice to turn you in. I didn’t because I figured someone like you would have better information. That and I’m a sucker for strays, so take your pick. Regardless, Stitch, I’ll give you a few gold coins if you spill what you know and if you impress me, I’ll either give you a job from where I come from, or I’ll teach you a few tricks of my own on how to run away from these people. Deal?”

“Sounds like a good deal all around.” The boy sat on a dumpster. “See, they got it all wrong. Everybody is looking for a group. Can’t blame ‘em, I guess. After all, the prankster always seems to be someone different. But they’re being tricked.” He tapped his head. “Grown ups always think, once they see most of the pieces, there can’t ever be a possible solution then the obvious one. But I know better. I know that it wants you to think there is a group, so you’ll never look for the one. Besides… I’ve seen it, I have. Even tried to tell some people, but they wouldn’t listen. Said I was lying for some scam. Bunch of pigheaded pricks, they are.”

“Tell me about it… Stormrend’s worse than it use to be, discrimination-wise. Makes me a bit sad. So… you said that the prankster’s an it, by itself, that can change shapes. Is there anything else you have?” Titania asked, her voice once again warm.

“That I do. That easy pinch was right about the ears, but it ain’t no Thrope. Like I said, I seen it. It was some… dog… raccoon… thing. An animal, at least, but walking on two legs and with a little robe.” He reached down, grabbing a piece of paper and placing it on his head. “He did this with a leaf, and POOF! Someone else. I don’t know how you can find him. Maybe predict his next move. Maybe… get a bloodhound to sniff him out. I have this.” He reached into his tattered pockets and pulled out a copper piece, flipping it to Titania. “Saw him playing with it. Was gonna buy some soba with it, but gold beats copper, right?”

Titania chuckled, now having a twinkle in her eyes. “Right. Consider me extremely impressed. With the proper training, you could earn so much money... “ She shook her head slowly, grabbing nine gold pieces and giving them to the boy. “So… considering our agreement beforehand, what do you want your bonus to be?”

He placed his chin against his fist. “No one usually asks what I want. What have you got to offer me?” He grinned. “Maybe a kiss from a pretty lady?”

Titania smirked, amused at his words, “Stitch, I’m way older than you. Besides, are you telling me, you’d rather get a kiss from me, than get a pretty wealthy job or get some training from me?”

“Nah, just getting a rise from you.” He hopped down. “Not sure I’m up for a job, but a little training would be nice. Anyone who can run like you in heavy armor knows what she is doing.”

Titania’s smile faltered for a moment, before returning. “Of course. The reason why I can outrun many people is how I exercise, which I’ll change so it’s just for you to be able to run a bit faster. Now the trick is to go for a ten-mile run, and stretch before ya do it. As for more city-like tips, buy something slippery or something that can slow people down, like oil. Pour it on a predetermined escape route and make sure you can get past it. And if you feel like you’re backed into a corner… try to see if you can hide or climb something to get away from them.” Titania advised, before shaking her head. “Of course, I’m slightly sad… the thing I didn’t mention was that the job would’ve taught you much more than those little tidbits, and would’ve let you become a master thief. Oh well. I’ll… well, I probably won’t see you again, Stitch. But I hope you’ll be okay and, uh… thanks for the info.” She started walking away, eager to get back with her allies and relay the information, but sad the street urchin would be stuck in the small town.

Stitch watched her walk off, and jingled the coins in his hand. “Wealthy… good job… master thief, huh?” He smiled. “Maybe you’ll be seeing me soon, love.” He made a few plans in his head, the first being to buy that soba.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Pranks, Gone to Far
Part Three

The shop the Van Dams were looking for seemed to deal in fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats. It had large, welcoming doors, and seemed to be more in the style of a big city shop. This didn’t make it the most popular of places, but it had a decent amount of loyal customers. The store seemed mostly empty at the moment, however, with a single man behind the counter, reading a newspaper.

Charter told Slone to wait outside, because having a direwolf in close quarters of people that fear them was a bad idea. And went to the counter. “Um excuse me sir, do you have a minute I have a few questions for you.”

The man put the paper down and looked Charter up and down, his eyes resting on his sword. “Oh, no. Not again.” He quickly reached under the counter, stepping back and pointing a pistol at Charter’s face. “Kara! They’re back!”

A girl stepped out from the back, leveling a rifle at Elma. “Just gimme the word, pa, and I’ll punch a hole through their pretty little faces!”

Charter turned around to see a gun pointed at Elma head. “Elma get down.” Charter whistled and Slone came barging through the door and knocked the woman down, he then put his paws on both the woman's arms keeping her peened.

“Sir what the hell, why did you have a gun pointed at us I just wanted to talk!”

The store owner shook a bit at the sight of the dire wolf over his daughter. “W-we have had enough of talking to you people. I-I don’t know who hired you, but we ain’t leaving. You bunch of xenophobes think we’ll just give in because we’re Light Elves, but no matter what the town Lord says now, he freely gave us the permits to open this place! We’re not going anywhere, so let my daughter go!”

Charter and Elma looked confused at each other, and Charter told Slone to let the women go. “Um sir whoever you think were with were not, were from the HavenBrook guild were trying to figure out about some pranksters though there sound like you have another problem?”

“O… oh…” The man laughed nervously. “Sorry about that. We got a bunch of local punks trying to run us out…” He quickly put the gun down. “When I saw the armor and the weapons… um… oh! An apology. Um…” He ducked under the counter and came back up with an incredibly large steak. “You’re pup hungry?”

Slone put his head on Charter shoulder.” Yea he is, thanks.” Charter took the steak and put it on the ground for Slone. “Alright so sir, can you tell us about the group of pranksters running a muck here?”

He sighed, shaking his head as he wiped the counter down. “Got enough trouble with irritable gangs pushing on us. Now we got someone going around, getting everyone on edge for their own amusement. But I’m afraid I didn’t see who did it, or know who they are.”

“I got some info!” The girl, no older than fourteen, picked her rifle off the floor. “I’ve been doin’ some research. Everyone is so focused on who to look for, they ain’t thinkin’ about where to look. But I have.”

“Ou so what do you have, is it useful do you know were there hiding out?”

She ducked into the back again, then came back out with a large map she spread out on the floor in front of Elma. “So ‘bout pointing a gun at you, by the way. We love Stormrend. We just wish it loved outsiders like us more. Hope I didn’t scare you.”

“It was scary it’s the first time that’s happen to me, but have you considered moving to Mirandia it a very good to any race in Terra.” Elma smiled at the woman.

“If they keep givin’ us a fuss around here, we might do that.” She knelt down, pointing out various locations on the map. “See, I been asking around, trying to track the trouble makers. It wasn’t very hard. They obviously wanted to get attention after all. So if you look around, you see that they gotta a lot attacks here, here, and here. But… check this.” She pointed to an area of the town to the north west. “There are no attacks here! Everywhere else has been messed with at least once. But why not this spot?”

“Hum that’s odd, why mess with everyone all over but not this one spot? Elma scratched her head not knowing why.

“The weak don’t the strong, there must be something over there.” Charter looked at the older man, and pointed at the location.” Do know this area sir?”

“There isn’t much there except the shrine.” He rubbed his chin. “You know… if I wanted to stay hidden, I wouldn’t cause a ruckus where I’m hiding out.”

“Exactly!” The girl pointed to the shrine area. “And people wouldn’t normally search there because of the shrine. I bet ya a hundred gold this is where they are hiding out.”

“Hiding at a Shrine how dare they.” Charter fist started to shake in anger.

Elma put her hand on Charter shoulder. “Easy bro we know where they are now, so let’s go tell the others.” Elma looked at the father and daughter. “Thank you for your help.”

They nodded. “You be careful now, okay?” the father said. “And good luck.”

As the group left Charter stopped at the door and turned around, We reached for a bag that was around his waist and placed it on the counter. “Payment for feeding my friend and an apology for the door.” Charter then left the store.

The man looked at the coins within. “Hmm… Mirandia is looking mighty tempting now…”

-----

A short time later, the group sat down at a small ramen shop, Even buying them something to eat. He sighed softly. “I hope you guys did better than me. All I found out was whoever is causing trouble has some kind of illusion magic, but I don’t know where to look or who to look for.”

Titania slurped up her noodles quickly so she could speak. “He, or rather it, ain’t human. It’s more like a monster than anything. It puts a leaf on it’s head and takes on the appearance of a random person, but has some canine like features about them. Is there anything...oh! Right, I got this.” She pulled out the copper piece she had gotten from Stitch. “Has the creature’s scent and stuff, but unfortunately mine and an orphan kid’s scent as well. I might have to help Slone with tracking which would mean that one of you would have to carry my weapons…”

“Good job.” Even looked the coin over, not want to touch it and add his scent to the pile. “So we’re looking for a shape shifting dog-like creature. Now if only we knew where to look. It could take us forever to search the whole village…”

“Um that’s where we come in.” Elma interrupted.” We had a incident at first in a small shop, but once the situation was calmed down the woman showed us a map where this monster been attacking. It hit nearly everywhere except this one area with a shrine in the north west of town.”

Charter stopped looking around at the food, and then looked back at the group. “Yea we figured out that’s where it’s hiding, but nothing about the area so we have no idea what’s there other than a shrine.”

Even nodded. “So… we know what we are looking for. We know how to find them. And we know where to look.” He smiled. “We have eaten. We have plenty of daylight left. What say we get a little trouble maker and run it out of town?”

-----

The group looked around the spot marked on the map. True enough, the was a large shrine in the center of the area. It was dedicated to the God of Fertility, well taken care of and pleasant, with a small fountain nearby. A few people came and went, some not sticking around long after seeing the strange group of hunters. Even watched as Slone slowly walked with Charter, sniffing the ground. He turned to watch as Titania did the same.

Titania continued down the street, picking up the different smells. One of them smelled like the kid she had met earlier, the other smelled… unusual. Something that didn’t quite belong to the city, but rather would blend outside. She increased her pace, the townspeople looking at her with slight fear, as the silver wolf continued her search. Barking at Slone, she asked if he would be comfortable with fighting with her like this, in her wolf form if they were ambushed.

Slone told her that he was fine with it, and that he should talk to her more often. Slone then licked her to also prove he was fine with her in her current form.

“You two are bonding did you pick up the sent?” Charter asked.

They soon both walked up to an Elderly woman, sitting alone on a stump, snacking on a piece of jerky. She had been watching them carefully since they arrived, and now a bead of sweat rolled down her cheek. “C-can I… help you, wolves?” she asked softly.

Slone started to growl and started to howl, signaling the group that they found the target.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Pranks, Gone to Far
Part Four

“We found the monster!” Charter pulled out his sword. “Come quietly shapeshifter, and things will go easily for you.”

The old woman slowly stood up. “I don’t know what you are talking about. I’m just a little old wo-” She suddenly took off, running with a stride and speed that should have been impossible for a woman her age.

Titania chased her, letting out a low growl as she snapped her jaws menacingly. She started to gain on the creature and out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted Slone doing the same with a speed that surpassed her own. She maintained her speed as she waited for the Direwolf to slow the shapeshifter down.

The being in a granny’s form looked back, her eyes widening. “Darn it…” She skidded to a stop and spun back. Pulling a leaf out of her pocket, an explosion of smoke burst from her. When it cleared, the two were facing a gigantic wolf man, snarling and drooling. “Come on if you think you have what it takes,” it said in a low voice.

Slone barked at the giant wolf and charged at it, the monster slammed it’s claws into the ground were Slone was. But Slone dogged it and bit into the leg of the giant monster, trying to make sure to injure it’s leg so it couldn't run.

Titania soon followed suit, but was grazed by the creature’s claws for her attempt. Yelping, she still charged in going for the other leg to ensure it couldn’t get away. It howled angrily, and lifted its claws to attack them. Even jumped forward, slashing his sword across its belly. It let out another claw and slashed rapidly at the man. He dodged left and right, trying to avoid getting his head slashed off. “Elma! Need some magic support here!”

Elma looked at the sight infront of her, her heart started to race her eyes widened sweat falling off her head in a panic. Elma looked at the blood coming out of the creature and see it pouring like rain, Elma back up a bit but her back hit something. She turned around and saw her brother. Charter put his hand on Elma shoulders.

“It’s Ok kid you're scared I understand,but try to mushet some bit of courage to help our comrades think you can do it?”

Elma shook her head. “N-No I can’t, i’m scared what if I don’t help and they die but I can’t aim that well with my magic what if I make the situation worse and accidentally kill someone. What if I fail I.. I.”

Charter rubbed Elma head, and pulled out his sword and pulled out a blue vial and poured it over his sword. Suddenly his sword was enchanted with water maci. “Find cover for now alright, I come for you soon.” Charter charged the creature and slashed his sword a wave of water came from it and it pushed the creature away from his friends.

Something strange happened when it was hit with the magical attack. Its skin seemed to ripple a bit, like the surface of a lake after a stone was tossed in. It glared angrily at the group before it. Suddenly, all its wounds disappeared, as though they had never been there, and it laughed. “You can never defeat me! Run now while you have the chance!”

Titania let go of the leg and backed off, first sniffing to see if this was the creature was nearby or if it had fled and left an illusion behind, before reverting to her more human form. The smell was still nearby, though the creature in front of her did not have the overwhelming scent it should have had.

It pointed a large, clawed finger at her. “You! Have you given in to my awesome strength?! Flee now, or meet your doom!”

“I would never flee from a mirage, but while you conjure this spectre in front of me, I’ll go and nom on your actual body.” Titania, true to her word, bursted away and tried to pinpoint where the shapeshifter had gone, planning to chew on him in her wolf form if she could.

The beast backed away nervously. Suddenly, another burst of smoke was let out. From it ran a small raccoon dog, running on two legs and wearing a small robe. It pulled out a leaf and placed it on its head as it tackled Even to the ground. Another burst of smoke poofed out, and when it cleared, there were two Evens glaring at each other.

Titania slowed, spotting the double Evens. She partially transformed her fur covering her body and her claws growing larger. “Two? But which is real… Hey, Slone! I think I’ll need you to sniff out the real Even here!”

Slone looked at the two men, and smelled the air around them. Slone growled and ran after the one on the left intent to pounce it. The fake Even let out a yelp. “No fair!” He unsheathed his weapon, a large paper fan, and whacked Slone on the nose. While the dire wolf was disorientated, the creature returned to his usual form and ran to the shrine. He pulled an aerosol can out of his side pouch and pointed it at the main centerpiece. “E-enough! You… y-you call o-off your d-dogs and leave me alone, o-or I’l deface this shrine! And everyone will blame you!”

Titania zoomed towards the creature tackling him to the ground, before holding him tightly to herself. “Just… stop. You're embarrassing yourself by this point. Why don’t you tell me why you did what you did and I won’t let the others hurt you. Does that sound good?” She asked in the most sweetest voice she could muster.

The creature’s lip quivered a bit. “It… i-it isn’t fair! The tanuki used to live here, a-and everyone praised us and gave us offerings.” He turned his head to glare at the shrine. “Then they built that stupid thing! After tearing down our shrine! And they drove all the tanuki away! It isn’t fair!”

“No… it’s not. But neither is picking on the people who live here, some who didn’t mean to offend you. Why take it out on them? My advice would be to help them, occasionally playing a trick on them, but make them love you instead of feeling annoyed or upset that you’re around. Maybe then they’ll want to build you a shrine again?” Titania said, as she gently rocked the raccoon dog slowly.

He pouted. “I was only… trying to remind them of us. But the stupid humans just started blaming the Thropes.” He looked to the side. “And your wolf looks like he still wants to eat me.”

“Maybe a bit, I mean he is a direwolf, but he’s nicer than most so unless you attack us again, he won’t do anything.” Titania replied softly, as she continued to rock the shapeshifter back and forth. “But what did you expect of people who are xenophobic by nature? Most would idolize you for what you can do, but with us other races they would only offer scorn and suspicion. What you need to do is get everybody to assemble and show yourself. Tell them who you are, and… well, probably escape. Then start doing nice things for them, with the occasional joke, but make them want to like you and you could regain your status.”

The tanuki took a deep breath, finally smiling and nodded. He climbed down from Titania and bowed his head. “I am sorry for the trouble.” He looked over to Elma. “I am sorry if I scared you.”

Elma still cowering in an ally, tears coming down her face turned to the tanuki. “I’m not scared of you i’m afraid of battle, all that blood pouring out and everyone getting clunked together like that. If I had used my power then I probably would have most of our allies.” Elma said with her head on her knees and looking like she was a ball.

Charter looked at the Tanuki. “She’s new to all this, and that dire wolf is not my friends it’s mine.”

The creature walked over to Elma, nervously walking past Slone as he did. He placed a leaf on his head, and when Elma looked up, he was a handsome young man, who reached down and wiped a tear from her cheek. “Please do not cry. You will learn from today and do better next time, right?” He grinned. “Besides, you might have hurt me if you used you magic, and you wouldn’t want to do that, right? I’m sure it was instinct holding you back.”

“I learned magic because I was born with it I learned to control it and I do love my magic. But after today I wish I never had it, I wish I was never born with magic at all. Elma going back into her fetal position.

“Please don’t say that.” Even walked over. “You had a bad first mission. So did I, you know? I was terrified, and ended up contributing nothing. Thought about packing it in right there. But I didn’t, and neither should you. Keep at it, and you’ll simply look back on this day and laugh.” He held a hand out. “Come on. What say we call this a successful mission as a team.”

Charter extended his arm to his sister and she took it and stood up.” Don’t worry sis you will be great one day, it’s the first mission and you have a lot to learn.”

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Bandit Island

Alice sits across from Scarlet drinking a cup of blood that Scarlet provided to Alice. “So your thrall is no longer yours huh, are you going to do anything about that?”

Alice put’s the cup down and thinks about it. “No not yet she’s been my thrall a little too long, so she’s not going to instantly try and kill me so for now I will see were this goes. But back to the main reason I’m here, I’m here to recruit some bandiest to my cause have any suggestions?”

A few yea, there’s the ferial the Cog and the Dark. And I suggested those because they give me the most problems.”

“Really so if I were to convince them to help me, think they will go for it?”

“Ou yea some info though, the ferial consist of manly humans Thophen and Ophidian. There primary thing is beast hunting and taming the animals of Terra, they have these gallants that houses these metal claws so be careful of that. The Cog are ones that love making weapons and armor and sometimes will make ships and repair them, but there no slouch the have Humans Netiz and light Elfs. And finally the Dark, the one I don’t talk to the most. There nuts they worship the goddess of darkness, and think they are serving her with associations. If you don’t want to talk to them, and want to hire mercenaries there’s the iron hands. A very efficient company there’s five men in total and two women, three of the men are Thophen one human and an elf. The two woman are one human and a light elf.”

“Hum I think I will talk to the ferial the Cog and the Iron hand, hum thanks for the info. That reminds me think you can join me when meeting these groups?”

“Sure it’s been a while since I governed my people, I know the Cog and the Ferial are dying to go to the main land so you’re lucky there. Let’s go to the ferial tribe first, there leaders name is Lorica. She’s like the pack mother, she loves her beast and is very fearsome in combat she’s more like a wild animal but of course that’s when she lets loose. As for her men she’s loyal to them and thinks of her men as well.”

“So a mother at heart, and acts like one in combat and normally got it. As the duo approaches the ferial territory they see tones of animals in cages as well as a fortress with a huge skull on the top of the gate as well as bait scattered all around the area. Ugh animals.”

“That’s the point, come on we she should be in a good mood besides you should see her in action.” As the vampires made their way through the fortress the see a fighting arena in the middle of the fort, as they made their way they can see a young woman in there with a large cave bear.

The woman had a dark red hair that went to her shoulder blades, her eyes were yellow and looked like she had cat like pupils her canine teeth looked like fangs. She looked like a beast in human form, as the bear charged the woman she charged it. When the bear swiped its claws Lorica moved to the left and stabbed a spear into the beast the bear roared and continued to swipe at her, like a master hunter she read the beast like a book she dogged the last swipe and jammed another spear into the beast. But instead of backing up she held onto the spear and got on the monsters back and jammed another spear in its back, she then took her spear out of the monster and slammed it into the head of the giant bear. The bear roared and laid on the ground dead. She then yelled almost like a bestial roar.

“Wow she’s good like really good, I never even seen a creature like that before but she took it on like it was nothing.” Alice stood ogling at the woman.

“Told you she was good, she inherited the group the former leader was her mother and father until they died. A shame I actually liked them, I’ve been watching her since she was a kid. Come on I’ll introduce you to her.” As the group of bandiest left the arena the woman in question left the arena, when she was free a giant gray dire wolf appeared it had war paint all over it. The woman rubbed her companion and smiled at him, she then turned her head to see Scarlet and someone she hasen’t seen before. “Ah Eris It’s been a while who is this woman?”

Alice looked confused for a moment. “Eris, who’s that?”

Scarlet rolled her eyes. “That’s my real name, Eris moon. I spent a lot of time with her mother and father and she learned my name then. Lorica this is Alice, she’s my apprentice in a way I’m teaching her the ropes on being a pirate.”

“Ugh pirate you should be a beast tamer, but you do what you want. So what can I do for you today?”

Eris looked at the two.” Me nothing, for my friend she has an offer for you. I will go and look around for a bit.” Scarlet left Alice with Lorica.

“Thanks Scarlet.” Alice looked at Lorica and tried to get a feel for her, she wore fur like armor and wore a trophy like helmet on her head in the shape of a wolf head.” Ugh hum, I’m building an army I plan on going to war with Terra. Well mostly I plan on raiding and pillaging and showing Terra what real bandiest can do.”

“Yea no, I’m not one for conquest so I’m not interested.”

“What but aren’t you tired of hunting the beast everyday here? Doesn’t it get annoying?”

Lorica shook her head. “It’s fine if I stay here, I don’t care for war nore do I want to.”

“What do you want then, what do I have to do to let you join me? I’m offering you a chance to go to the main land, this is a grand opportunity isn’t there anything you want?!”

Lorica looked back at Alice and twirled a piece of her hair in her finger. “Hum Anything I want, while it’s true I never been to the main land so if your offering me anything I get to take a piece of land for me and my men. As well as my beast and in return you get my beast and myself.”

Dahlexpert

“Very well, I will let you get a piece of land. I will help you build a garrison let you get a foot hold in Terra, and in exchange you will help me with taking over Terra.”

“Hum well as much as I don’t want war, as long as I get a foot hold and you let me do what I want.”

“You get free range on taming the Animals not Willy nelly pillaging and raiding.”

“Ou that’s no problem, so if I join you I get off this island and tame beast in the main land. As well as get my own garrison as well as lands we take, and in exchange I give you beast and my men?” Lorica shrugged her shoulders. “Fuck it why not you got yourself some beast tamers.” Lorica extended her hand, Alice shook her hand but Lorica brought her closer. “Don’t make me regret this understand.”

Alice squeezes her hand tightly. “Don’t worry you won’t regret a thing so long as you play well with others were good.” Alice turned her back and went back to “Scarlet”. “Alright I now have the monster lovers on my side so guess I go to the Cog next?

“Yep and again I’m just going to introduce you to the leader and you’re on your own from there.

“Right of course so let’s get this meeting over with.” Alice and Eris made their way to another part of the island, there were no trees to be found any were in this area in fact there were a bunch of factors and mines around the area. When they went deeper into the area they came apon a giant fortress larger than any in the area.

“This is it, now convincing these guys to join you should be easy. They love making weapons and armor and are dying to use them. So have fun with these guys.”

Alice smiled and looked back at the tall building. “That’s wonderful finally a group that may go along with me.” Bothe Alice and Eris entered the large factory were upon entering they saw a huge statue to the goddess Saboran, they also forges every wear they can hear hammers hitting metal grindstones sharpening weapons and magma being put into water and being turned into steal. “Wow I never seen anything like this before, this is truly a war machine waiting to be unleashed.”

“That it is, young lady.” A small man flew to the group. “Ah Scarlet it’s been far too long, I hope those pistols I gave you years ago are still working.” The man in question was small had black hair that went to the base of his neck.

“Those pistols work great Ackerley, better then great actually. This woman here is Alice I think she has a proposition for you that you will love.”

Alice stepped forward and bowed her head. “I’m building an army, and I need weapons and armor and plenty of it. Think you’re interested?”

The man rubbed his beard and pandered the question.” War with Terra huh, I can go with that but I have some demands. You let me mine certain areas and let me sell my wears to people then were good.”

Alice shrugged her shoulders. “We have a deal, I look forward to you making my war machine possible. Welcome to the crew I will meet you at the ship yard.”

Ackerley turned to his men. “Pack it up boys we have a new client! Thanks lady for the job lass.”

“Well that was much easier than those ferials, so I have some beast tamers some forgers now I need mussels.” Alice left the fortress and looked at Eris. “Well convincing them was easy, then again I am hiring them to make me weapons and armor.”

“That’s true so which do you want to go to now, the darks or hire some mercenaries?”

“Merc I think you mentioned the Iron hand, they may be a small company but they could be useful.”

“Then you better have money, though looking at your ship and how your men were earlier before your example you might be low on funds.”

“Ugh I guess I will have to make do with what I have then. I mean me having some beast tamers and people to make me weapons. So I think I’m good for now.”

“Heh good call, don’t want to go over your budget. So I guess that’s that then you have your people to bring to Terra, though there is one thing I need from you.”

Alice looked confused at Scarlet. “Um alright, what do you want from me then?”

“When you take Drăculești I get to come along to, getting sick of this little island I need proper defenses and actual walls. Hurricanes destroy my little bit of paradise.”

“I have no problem with that, I will return when that happens now I just got to wait for my ship to be repaired and the new cannons to be on as well as sails then I’ll be good to go and the ram.”

“My my didn’t you outfit your ship a little too much, whatever it takes I guess. Then again you are planning to go to war with the whole world so this isn’t over board.”

“No it’s not, anyway I need to get back to the mainland and get things moving.” Alice extended her hand. “Thanks for all the help.”

Scarlet shacked her hand. “No problem, its good being a teacher and teaching someone younger than me. I look forward to hearing of your conquest kid.”

After a week and a half, Alice ship was finish, The man of war looked like a proper war ship. It held at least a hundred and fifty cannons on it, the sails were black and the flag it’s self-had the head of a skull of a unknown monster with a bone as on Crosse and a sword on the other there was also a ram at the front of the ship as well. Alice with her new allies boarded the ship, Alice grabbed the wheel of the ship and yield.” Louse the sails and make way to Terra!”

Dahlexpert

Dhalexpert &ZombieSplitter53

A new Allie and plans for conquest
Serasam
Alice castle
Aprile 14, 3349
12:27pm

In the absence of its current master, the castle of Alice Valentine sat in relative peace while she was away. The zombified warriors were left in stasis until an intruder came by, important since otherwise they would rot away without the continual source of magic from their necromancer. A few gargoyles flew overhead, one on the ground, looking at various stones. Its head turned up as it noticed the approach of a now familiar group.

In the distance was Alice ship, about an hours away from the look of it. Alice could see her home in the distance let go of the wheel of the ship and looked at her quarter master/ warlord Crixus. “Take over for a minute, I need to go and check on my guest." Crixus nodded his head as Alice made her way to the lower part of the ship.

Lilith sat in silence, chains bound tight. She stared forward, her eyes almost unblinking. It was hard to tell what was running through her mind.

Alice looked like she felt sorry for her, despite everything and there fight a few days ago there still family. Alice went to the side and grabbed a bottle and opens the cell. "Open your mouth you need to eat, and i'm letting no one else near you so you could bite them." Since you already took my thrall from me.

Lilith looked a bit reluctant at first. However, there was a glow in her eyes and a fidget in her legs, signs that the hunger was whelling up. She finally opened her mouth and except the sustenance.

Alice thought about treating her like she was treated back in prison, but she decided against it and put the bottle in her mouth and slowly poured a small bit of blood into her mouth." Better now?"

Lilith nodded. "Yes. I would go without, but we both know how undignified our kind become when starved for blood."

"Don't get used to my kindness you, I could have let you starved and go berserk and let you go into the public hunting human."

Lilith glared at her. "You wouldn't dare. Not even you could be that cruel."

"Really because last time I checked you called me monster, so why can't I do that?"

"Because I am also still your sister." Lilith looked away. "I believe there is still enough of the Alice I remember to not do something so cruel to me."

Alice raised her eyebrow and looked at the bottle, and poured more blood for her sister to drink. And more and more, just keeping the bottle in her mouth choking her with the blood. Until she finally lets go? Lilith coughing a bit. "Aw I think you drank to much sis and you spilled some, now that's bad manners."

Lilith coughed a few more times, and grinned. "I think you're enjoying this a little too much."

"A little bit, can you blame me? Look at it this way I’m treating you better than I was treated for a hundred and fifty years."

Lilith scoffed, turning her head. "Please do not start that again, else we get into another heated argument that ends with us both on edge and with your hand around my throat. Can it not be enough that I have been a good little captive that hasn't tried to break free?"

"Relay you been a good little captive." Alice laughed wanting to revival what her sister did." Ou you have been but you can't escape because you were on an Island, but now that were going back I need to keep my eyes on you even more."

"Going back?" Lilith nodded. "Ah. Back to the place we were before, where you originally brought me. I hope that doesn't mean days on end with that bag over my head." She smiled. "I really would like to see my sister's new home."

Alice looked at her sister and thought about away to try and make her feel like a big sister again. She left for a few minutes, and grabbed her pirate hat. "I've been working on something, i've been coming up with a way to scare people would you like to see?"

Lilith shrugged. "Sure. I have nothing better to do."

Alice put some tassels that she spun tougher like a rope, and put for of them in her hat she then used her finger tips to light them and put the hat on. When Alice turned around she saw Alice with fire that look like it was coming out of her head and her eyes looked like the abyss from how black they were. But with her red puples is clearly showed that this was a person, and when she smiled it looked like a monsters teeth. "So my deer sister what do you think, of aliceteria black heart? The monster that will change the world as they know it." Alice moved closer to her sitter and started to growl at her.

Lilith stared her down for a few seconds before saying, "It is a very intimidating look. I am sure the innocents will be truly terrified before you murder them in cold blood."

Alice started to go back to normal and took the hat off. "I thought you said we weren't going to go into this debate. You would be happy to know that Rumi had a plan and I'm going along with it, if I capture the elders then I can capture the city that way. Besides my anger is at them not the people that live in the city any way."

"Angry at them. Angry at humans. Angry at me." Lilith shook her head. "Is there nothing that brings you happiness anymore?"

"Ugh and here I am feeding you, but to answer your question. My thralls bring me happiness, but even that is in question now."

Lilith blinked, but said nothing on it. "So... will I get a nicer cell when we arrive?"

"That depends, the former owner had a torture chamber but I’m sure I can find something for you. Now if you excuse me I need to bring you up top side, Rumi!" Alice called for her "Thrall" Rumi came down the stars and looked at the sisters. "Bring my guess top side I need to make sure my allies find their new home comfortable."

"I hope they do." Rumi removed Lilith's chains from the wall and pulled her along. "They sure are a rowdy bunch."

"Well what do you expect, there bandits ones a beast tamer which she's more animal then human. And the other enjoys his smiting a bit to much, I better go check on them." Alice rubbed Rumi head." Make sure our guest doesn't get away, I would hat to do anything drastic to her." Alice said going topside.

Rumi exchanged a glance with Lilith. "We will have to secure you somewhere safe and hidden," Rumi whispered. "At least until I am sure she has complete control of them, we can't trust the new bandits with you bound."

"Any try anything, I am not complete defenseless." Lilith smiled as she was brought topside behind Alice.

Once top side Lilith saw bandiets with fur armor walking around, as well as people wearing black like close bit there made of metal. Alice her self was taking to two people, one looked like a wild woman and the other being a Netiz. "That's or my home, that is were you two will be working. it's big enough for you two to be separated."

The dark red haired wild woman looked at the castle. "Hum amazing, sorry I just never seen a castle before and it's big enough for me to house plenty of my pets."

The Netiz looked at the Chaste. “Hum it could use some proper defenses a few spikes cannons and few other improvements, those trees are also in the way proper for an ambush form ether side."

Dahlexpert

Part 2

"Look once we land get comfortable and look the place over then see were you two can improve."

"It is quite exciting," Rumi said with a smile. "You truly are becoming quite the Bandit warlord." She looked at the newcomers. "What made you join my mistress?"

The woman looked at Rumi up and down. "You friend promised me that I get to tame beast, but looking at what she has here I look forward to seeing the beast in this great new world."

The Netiz looked up at Rumi. "I was offered to make weapons and armor for you people as well as sell the stuff, I can't wait to tear those trees down and make new ships for her.

Rumi nodded. "I'll go on ahead to lock this one up, mistress. Please stay here until I am sure it is safe." She yanked Lilith along, walking down the lowered plank towards the castle.

"Ugh, just be care full with her alright she's crafty." Alice looked back at her castle, knowing that she's going to do something with her sister.

However, Rumi returned a lot faster then she expected, carrying Lilith so she could move faster. She handed of the child-like vampire to Alice's right hand and dashed to Alice herself. "Mistress! We have trouble!"

"What happen is my sister alright, what happen to the both of you are we under attacked. D..did the seven found us already?!" Alice saying in a panic thinking about many terrible scenarios.

"I-I don't know. I got out as soon as I noticed something was off." She pointed to the castle. "The dozen or so zombies you left have been destroyed, their bodies burned in the front. Either someone has been here... or they still are."

"What!" Alice pulled Ou her ax and looked at her new allies." Hay you two are with me, lets find this intruder and kick them from our home."

The woman pulled out two axes similar to what Alice used to have." A minute here and I already have a new hunt to start."

As for the Netzi he pulled out a pistol." Lets get this over with.

As they rushed towards the castle, Rumi ran by their side. "I'm coming too. If it is one of the seven, maybe I can give some insight."

Alice looked questionable at Rumi." Fine but if this is the seven, Rumi you and Ackrely use your guns at range. While me and Lorica get in close."

They burst in through the front door, expecting the worse. What they got was relative calm. The place was a bit musty, a sign of a need of dusting, though all of the garbage ghat had been left by the bandits had been cleaned up. There was another smell in the air, however. A perfume of various chemicals, like the scent from a lab.

"Ugh remind me to get those bastards to clean there mess." Alice pressed forward fallowing the small to the torture room.

It certainly got stronger as they made their way down. It seemed the place had been turned into a make shift lab. Chemicals of all sorts bubble, with various set ups to combine ingredients. This was an alchemist's lab. The largest room, meant for interrogations, was lit up, its door slightly ajar. The group could hear movement within.

Alice opened the door more and made her way inside, she prepared to swing her weapon. But before she swung her weapon ready to decapitate the person she says. "I'm not a person to kill for no reason, so explain why you're in my home and using my lab?"

A man looked at her wide eyed, the chilled blood from her storage he was drinking missing his mouth and pouring down his cheek. "U-uh... your... home?"

"Yes my home, and I do not appreciate people looting my fridge! But that's ok because I can always refill it with your blood. Vampire looter." Alice swung gorhoul. But stopped mid swing." Wait I remember you, your from the prison I broke out of."

He quickly nodded. "Th-that's right! I remember you too! What are the chances?! A big, I'm happy reunion... right?"

Alice pointed her weapon at the man." I wouldn't go that far, I was in maximum security blocked off from the others. The only reason I recognize you is because you helped me escape."

Lorica looked at the man." Alice I don't get it are we going to kill this man or not?" The wild woman chomping at the bit for new pray.

"Not yet anyway."

He swallowed hard. "Y-yes, well... I wasn't so unlucky as you because they figured without my powers or ingredients, I was no threat." He rubbed his hands together. "But they underestimated me and what I could do with what little I could get a hold of. Don't you see? You owe your escape largely to me. So you... y-you can't just kill me. Especially when I, uh... I can be so useful."

"And in what way can you be useful,I have a growing army a man of war ship filled with the finest weapons. A thrall that used to be with the seven and a reaper, so tell me what good are you?"

"Ah, I didn't hear an alchemist in there." He smiled snidely. "You have no idea the concoctions I can make for you, my dear. Kill me, and you might as well be handed a powerful weapon you toss in a river."

"And what pray tell is stopping me from sinking my teeth into an alchemist,and turning them to my side?"

He shrugged. "Why get some random idiot who can make simple healing potions when you already have a master who probably hates all the people you hate."

Rumi narrowed her eyes. "I say we kill him just on principle alone."

"Hold on Rumi, let me keep questioning him." Alice turned back to the man." As you heard my friend wants you dead, but I see some uses for you. Tell me can you make lethal and non-lethal positions, like say more that can paralyze vampires?"

"Paralyzing vampires, you say?" The man nodded. "Of course. How else could I have gotten live subjects for my experiments?"

Alice turned to Rumi." Rumi we need him, if we can paralyze the seven then we can capture them. Fine you're allowed to stay, but make me doubt this or experiment on my people and I will kill you on the spot."

"Yes, well... are there... none among your number you don't wish to keep?" he asked. "I would venture out on my own to find someone but the Band of Seven seem to lurking around Serasam for some reason. I have not left the castle since I arrived. This place has been like a very comfortable prison..."

"Speaking of prisoners, Rumi bring our guest in and tell Ackerley that the cost is clear. Alice the mood at Lorica." And you make yourself comfortable as well, get adjusted and all that."

Lorica put her axes back." Fine got my blood pumping for nothing."

Rumi gave the vampiric alchemist an angry, untrustworthy look, and walked off to get the others. The guest sneered at her as she left. "Are you sure you want that one around? She is even less trustworthy then I. Killed my partner during the escape..."

"I trust her and if you do anything to her or any of my allies I will put your head on a spike, is that clear do not do anything to them."

He held up his hands. "Alright, alright. I'll just... search the local villages for specimens." He extended on of his arms. "Alagor, by the way. Alagor Forenzi."

"Alice valentine." Alice shook the mans hand, but squeezed it." Keep your experiments down here, and keep it out of sight of my people especially Rumi You understand? And if your dare touch my prisoner I will skin you alive."

"Alright, alright!" Alagor yanked his hand away, cradling it. "Geez, lady. Is this how you treat all your most important partners. You and I are going to rule the world together. The least we could do is try and get along..."

"The current person i'm partnered with is a bitch, who I haven't seen in weeks." Alice turned around and Saw Rumi bringing in her sister in. "Ah Lili welcome to my home, and my new ally for the moment Alagor."

Lilith and Alagor both stared at each other wide eyed. "Are you out of your mind?!" They asked at the same time.

Dahlexpert

Part 3

Alice looked at both her new ally and her sister. "You know I remember months ago I had peace and quiet, Alright what is it this time. You two know each other?

"Of course I know him!" Lilith shouted. "He is out of his mind! You would ally yourself with a man who has done such heinous experiments?"

"Why is she here?" Alagor asked frantically. "H-how is she here? Are you mad?"

"So many have suffered by his hands. He is nothing but a blight!"

"Does the Band of Seven know you have her?! You might as well have a big, glowing target on her!"

"No matter what you think of your imprisonment, his was deserved, and I locked him away myself! It would have been forever if I had my way."

"You would be well advised to return her to the city, or at least do away with her and destroy her remains."

"If I get out of these binds, I will personally tear you head from its shoulders!"

"I'd like to see you try without your goons and guards by your side!"

Alice clinched her fist and slammed it into the ground, and out of it came fire this being the first time Lilith seen Alice use another form of magic that she didn't now of. "Shut up! first of Alagor this is my sister so i'm not killing her and how I captured her is none of your business." Alice then turned to her sister. "And you you know more about this guy then I do so tell me about him."

"I, um..." Lilith took a deep breath. "Th-this man is a sadist. He experiments on people, sometimes live, conscious people."

"Well, how am I going to find out how my concoctions effect the living if don't test them?" Alagor asked seriously.

Lilith glared daggers at him. "He is garbage. A disgrace to vampires that thinks..." She looked over to Alice, frowning. "Thinks they are weak and need new leadership. Just... like you..."

"Don not compare me to him, I haven't experimented on live people witch he's free to do so long as her keeps his exparaments down here and away from my men and more importantly don't you dare touch my sister. Alice looked back to her sister. "And as for you have no say in this manner, Rumi take her to her new cell I need to go over a few plans and future ideas I have."

Rumi nodded. "Yes, mistress." She pulled Lilith along, the petite vampire glaring at the alchemist until they were put of sight.

Alagor sighed, taking a towel and wiping his head. He smiled and clapped his hands together. "So, my dear... where do we go from here?"

"First don't ever call me that, and seconded I need the seven. As long as i'm being hunted by them constantly I can't do what I want to do, once there on my side I can do what I see freely."

"On your side, huh? You'll need more then a paralysis potion. You can't enthrall other vampires, after all." Alagor rolled his thumbs. "I might be able to help with that... buuuuut..."

"You will not experiment on my comrades or my sister, or any of my thrall. Or my allies pets."

"You know..." He scratched his neck. "I'm not really feeling this. I mean... you're kinda rude to me. You say hurtful things, make demands, act insulted just from being compared to me and my work, Ms. 'It's bad to experiment on the living but trapping immortal souls in rotting slaves is okay'. Maybe... maybe I should just go, you know? Take my powerful mind control potions to someone who will appreciate me. I'm sure this 'bitch' of a partner you have elsewhere is someone you can rely on... even though you pretty much said you can't rely on her."

Alice rolled her eyes and groaned. "Fine what do you want then?"

Alagor shrugged. "I don't know. Respect? I mean, I am helping you, and all I ask for is room to work and blood to feed on. I have no I'll will towards you. In fact... I know of your work, and I approve."

"Respect is earned around here, as for a room this is a big castle i'm sure you can find one that suites your needs but I will try and treat you better."

He bowed his head. "Then my services is yours." He rubbed his hands together. "Just wait to see what I can do." He reached into a drawer, pulling out a syringe. "My I see you arm for a moment? I will be gentle, I assure you."

Alice rolled up her sleeve and extended her arm, she also looked at Crixus."'Don't worry ill be fine, what is this anyway?"

The alchemist inserted the needle with a steady hand, slowly drawing a tube of blood, then a second. "Well, the first is for my regular need for vampire blood. There is only so much I can do with only me blood." He held up the second vile. "And this is for my hypnosis potion. I'm assuming you want the Band of Seven to obey you, though if you rather put me in charge of them..."

"No having them under my control would be best, besides I have a few plans that I need them for If I'm going to take our home from the elders. As well as a few other attacks I have in mind."

"Good to hear." Alagor placed the vials to the side. "Well, good luck to us both, huh? I look forward to a... prosperous relationship."

"As do I, now if you excuse me I need to go check on my Thrall Rumi." Alice left the alchemy lab and made her way to the dungeon." Rumi you around I need to talk to you?"

"In here, mistress." Alice followed Rumi's voice to the dungeon cell at the end of the room. It was fairly spacious with nothing inside but an old, cracked bucket, and featured a thick, metal door. "All the other dungeon cells have small windows that could let in deadly sunlight in. I guess they were meant to give the prisoners a small window to the world they could never reach again. The cell must have been meant to break someone with solitude, or hold something big. There is no where to mount her chains, though I don't she can break through this door with them on her. I doubt she could break though it even if she didn't have the chains."

"Well that's a shame, sorry sis wish I had something more plesent for you." Alice rubbed her Chin a bit. "Hum, say why don't she be in your room Rumi I mean you are her guard and I trust you enough to not have her escape. Pluse this is not a place for my sister, and it reminds me to much of that damn cell back in Drăculești."

"In... in my room?" Rumi scratched her head. "I guess I can section of part of it, put in another bed. Chain her leg to it at night. But... is it really appropriate? I know she is your sister, but... can you trust her not to take advantage of your kindness?"

"Believe it or not I have been thinking about what she's been saying to me and all she's done at met expense. She won't do anything, and if she does i trust you can handle it."

Lilith looked at her with surprise. "Um... thank you, Alice."

"I'm showing my angel, don't make me regret it."

Lilith nodded, and Rumi pulled her along. As they neared the exit, however, Lilith stopped her. "Come on," Rumi urged her. "I have a lot of work to do."

"Just wait a second." The short vampire looked back at her sister. "Alice, please, just... just be careful around that man. No matter what use you might have for him, no matter how cooperative he may seem, he is in it for himself, and he will stab you in the back as soon as he feels threatened or decides he doesn't need you anymore."

"You think I don't know that, if you knew how many people want me dead? I expect the god of discord to kill me once she's done with me, that's why once I get the rest of the seven and if he betrays me I'll kill him."

Lilith nodded. "Just... be careful." Rumi took her arm and pulled her along.

Alice sighed and went to her cellar and grabbed a bottle of blood." Ugh I'm running out, going to have to restock stock soon." Alice went to her quarters and layed on her bed, she looked around and saw her room littered with maps of raiding locations all were hit. Suddenly she felt an all too familiar presents." What do you want goddess, of discord?"

"Who... is that strange, little man in the basement?" Tecunte asked.

"A new allies one of three, haven't seen you in some time. I'm assuming you've been busy with actual work, and not wasting time energy and resources on trying to stop that guild?"

"Why can't it be both?" the goddess asked with a giggle. "I'll have you know that another week or two, and the entire Stormrend government will collapse, and the country with fall into chaos."

Alice rolled her eyes." And how much you wanna bet that Mina has some of her guild mates there right now, and by some marical they prevent your plans from growing again?" Alice said convinced that's what's happening.

Tecunte folded her arms. "Why are you so mean to me? I thought we agreed to get along?" She looked away. "Perhaps I should punish you by sending your sister home..."

"Don't do that, look have you ever tried going after things people will turn a blind eye too." Alice jumped up and threw her ax at the county of Helvan." There, that country from what I've been told that place has a booming slave population."

Dahlexpert

Part 4

"Right. Slaves, misery. I like that. But what would you propose?" Tecunte scratched her chin. "I have a slave revolt planned elsewhere, if that is what you are thinking."

"There's but also." Alice pointed to two other countries." There's a civil war brewing, is that also true?"

"Of course that is true." Tecunte grinned widely. "I should know. I was the one that told the king a former Thrope noble is leading a resistance and his daughter was kidnapped by said leader. Not to mention a little... peaceful protest that got a little out of hand when someone shot off a bit of magic. Now... I wonder who did that."

"It's a start but what if someone were to go to one of the kings and Ou I don't know mesmeriz then into killing the other king or there wife. It's a shame you don't know someone that can fly in and do that sort of thing.

Tecunte laughed. "Yes, well... that does seem like a fine idea. But!" She leaned forward a bit. "As part of our agreement, I would help you worry about you hostile extermination of the thin blooded Vampires you despise first. How are plans to attack home?"

"My thrall came up with an idea, one were I suffer no casualties. I capture the elders, if I do that and put them on display then thay will surrender to me."

"Right, right." Tecunte nodded. "And then you gather up all the lame vampires and shove them out the door, directly into the sunlight!"

Alice glared at Tecute. "I'm not sending my race into extinction!" Alice shouted her demon starting to come out.

"Whoa, whoa!" Tecunte stood up and held up her hands. "You were saying how you were going to purge all the vampires who have grown soft and rise them up to the glory they deserve, even if you have to start the race over again yourself. Your plan, not mine. Plans change?"

"Plans changed and if you interfere so help me, by the god of gods I will find a way to shove a smelter so far up your ass you'll be spitting out steal our for eternity!" Alice facial features were full demon.

"Alright! I'm using your words, you capricious bitch!" Tecunte's aura flared up, her body growing inside, black flames sparking off her. "I will not put up this flippant attitude!" she yelled with a demonic tinge in her voice. "Don't make me destroy this entire castle to satiate my wrath!" Sparks flew from her, her aura making the weight of everyone and everything in the building fell heavier."

Alice wanted to attack her, bet decided against it and decided to show her angel. Alice bowed her head in respect trying to come up with a good lie, Alice face went back to normal." I'm sorry for my outburst Ou great goddess please forgive me for my outburst."

Tecunte fumed for a bit longer, but finally calmed down to her usual size. "Don't patronize me." She ran a hand through her hair. "Just... what are you going to do once you have the city?"

"I plan on kicking them out the city, let the world deal with them."

"Just not in the middle of the day I take it." Tecunte sighed. "Alright. Do what you will. But we had an agreement. After you get your city, you take out an annoying little guild."

"I remember our deal, you just keep doing what you're doing while I do my thing here."

Tecunte nodded. "Very well. I shall see what I can do about helping you find each of the Band of Seven individually as opposed to trying to take them all on at once."

Alice wanted to protest this, but she remembered what happened last time she wanted face all of them." Ugh fine, Ou that reminds me. You should bring your son around every so often."

"Oh?" Tecunte raised an eyebrow. "Why is that? Taken a liking to him?"

Alice rolled her eyes. "No it's just that I haven't seen him in sometime, it would be good to see him again."

Tecunte nodded. "I'll tell him to come visit." She opened her portal. "Until next we meet..."

Alice waved her hand goodbye to the goddess, once the portal closed Alice immediately went to Rumi room." Rumi we need to talk."

Rumi was chaining Lilith's leg to a second bed she had brought in. "Of course. What is it, mistress?"

Alice went to Rumi and put her hand on her shoulder. "That isn't necessary Rumi besides I need to say something to my sister." Alice looked at Lilith. "I'm sorry for what I've done to you, i'm sorry for putting through so much for a century, and for what i'm doing now."

Lilith nodded. "I know. And I am sorry for all the injustices you have faced. If I could go back, much would be changed."

"Well we can't." Alice looked at Rumi. "Kid when we take Drăculești I want you to take my sister somewhere safe and protect her, understand?"

Rumi bowed her head deeply. "I swear, for as long as you wish it, no harm will come to her."

"Good." Alice looked at her sister. "Lil there is a guild near by a very powerful guild, run by a woman named Mina Have Brook. The goddess of discord wants me to kill them once I take Drăculești."

"And will you?" Lilith asked. "I'm assuming there are no vampires there, so there would be little reason to hold back."

"I made a deal with her that I would, listen there is a reason I haven't invaded them yet. This guild has killed gallams bandits’ harpies. Hell if I take what the goddess of darkness said seriously then they went through time itself to save their leader."

Lilith shrugged. "Then tell the goddess no deal. Don't except her help. Give her back all she has given you. It isn't worth being in the debt of any goddess."

"If I do that then what will she do to you, she tortures and rurien lived for fun I will not let that happen to you or anyone here."

Lilith sighed. "I am not worth such pain. No one is."

"Our race is, don't you see you told me that our race sacrificed itself for the good of Terra. That peace lasted three hundred years, and the wold hates us but if I kicked our people out of the city, and attack the world then maybe or race will be accepted. You will finally get what you wanted."

Lilith lowered her gaze. "I have... failed You, haven't I. And you will end up paying a price far greater then what you deserve."

"You haven't failed anyone, I need you to lead our people to a prosperous future."

Lilith nodded. "I'll do all I can."

"Good because they need a leader, especially once they loose there homes." Alice got closer to her sister and wrapped her arms around her.

Lilith stood in stunned silence for a fee moments before finally hugging her back.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich & ZombieSplitter53
Futakuchi-onna

Part One

Stormrend
Village of Kubuka
June 14th, 3349
4:45 p.m.
Two Hours before Dusk

The sun was nearing the horizon in the sky as Eraqus, Sylvie and Magdalene, now on her first real mission for Havenbrook, walked into town.

Mags was wearing her simple light, leather armor, harp and pitchfork prominently on her back as well as a darker leather belt that held her off weapons, a small, simple metal dagger along with a basic sling.

Sylvie was in her typical standard gear, however for this trip, directly under her armor was the necklace Jay had given her, close to her heart much like he was.

"So... Kubuka, right?" The sheep asked, a little nervous, "It seems nice."

"It does." Eraqus looked around. "Qaint. Quiet. A bit rustic. I bet this is the kind of village where everyone knows everyone else's name."

"I know the kind." The Huntress replied, "Just without all the technology.'

Eraqus gave her a small smile. "You getting used to it yet? Or still on the backwoods style of things."

"You want honesty? I still barely know how the lights in the Manor function..." Sylvie looked off to side, "I just assume it's some kind of magic... Don't even get me started on that weapon of Betty's..."

"Wow..." Mags gave her a surprised look. "I'm sure she'd explain it if you asked."

The Green haired woman turned her head to narrow her eyes at Mags slightly. "I'd look like an idiot if I did that..."

"I... I guess that's fair, huh?" The Sheep gripped her arms, looking over at Eraqus.

Eraqus gave her a small wink. "We all have our little things we are clueless about and are embarrassed to ask about. Take me and learning how to read when I was younger." He looked around. "Though I did grow up in a big city, while you two grew up in a small village and a farming county. I'll be trusting you two to make sure this city boy doesn't put his foot in his mouth as we deal with the locals if at all possible."

"I'll do my best." Mags nodded.

"Yeah, although I still feel some what out of my element here." Sylvie stated, looking over at the town.

As with any close knit town, the strangers were met with looks of curiosity and suspicion. A few children were held closer by their parents, a few pairs of eyes followed them until they were out of sight. Eraqus either didn't notice or, more likely, was used to it in his many years as a Hunter. Most eyes were on Mags, and looking around, she realized that there were almost all humans around her, with one or two Elves and no Thropes.

Suddenly, one of the children, a girl around five, ran up to the sheep Thrope and started rubbing her wool with a curious look.

Mags jumped almost, but then turned around to look at the little girl. "U-Um... Well... Hello, there..."

"Is it real?" she asked, obviously having seen few Thropes, if any, in her life.

"Why yes. It is." The Sheep smiled.

"It feels so... soft." The girl giggled.

A woman ran over, scooping the girl and backing away. "I'm so sorry, Ms. Hunter!"

"First official job, and you're already both popular and frightening the norms." Eraqus grinned at Mags. "You're doing well. Come on. The Lord's house is likely that really big one up ahead."

Mags gave the little girl a small wave before turning back towards her team. "It's kind of weird being the center of attention like this..."

"Life of a Hunter," Eraqus said. "You'll get used to it." He waved as the approached the manor. "Hello!"

A man approached them. He was middle aged, his hair mostly grey. He had a somewhat handsome face with a few wrinkles here and there, and a somewhat portly figure under a traditional male kimono. "Hello, my friends, hello. You must be Eraqus. And who are these lovely ladies?"

"Sylvie." The Huntress replied.

"Magdalene." The farmgirl responded likewise, "Your town is very nice."

"Why thank you, my dear. We work very hard to keep it that way." The man's smile faded. "Though we are going to have a hard time going forth. Crops won't be in for a while, and our food stores are dropping. Do you have any idea how much food it takes to feed an entire village?"

"At least a seasons worth, and those stores need to last until the next crop can grow." The Huntress answered, "Can't have people starving between harvests."

Mags nodded in confirmation, "Although we mostly just used our store to keep the animals fed."

"I am sure you can appreciate our dire straits. The local hunters are more concerned with the trouble in the capital to worry about As, but I fear for my people. Please, follow me." He led them into his spacious manor. "My name is Genma, by the way." Once in, he walked up to a woman that looked at least half his age, if not younger, with a calm, quiet expression and long, full, black hair. "And this is my wife, Akane."

"Wife...? She's so young..." Mags whispered to herself. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Akane."

"Oh, such a lovely little lamb." Akane knelt down, the tall woman standing eye level with Magdeline. "You're a Hunter? But you look so young."

"Heheheh... Well, we've all got to start somewhere..." Mags rubbed the back of her neck, smiling.

"Akane, please prepare some tea." Genma waved to the others. "Please, follow me."

"Do you usually refer to yourselves by your first names?" Eraqus asked as they walked to the back of the building. "Even to strangers?"

Genma chuckled. "Well, this Is a close community. We like to be familiar with one another. And we're not used to strangers. Before you, the last one to show up was... Well, Akane, about a year ago." He turned back to look at the trio, particularly Mags. "You are know doubt wondering what such a pretty young lady is doing with an old man like me, yes?"

"Well... Maybe..." Mags admitted, "But there isn't anything wrong with it, I didn't want to be rude."

"No trouble dear." Genma faced forward again. "She wondered in about a year ago. She had nowhere to stay, so I offered my home. Before I even knew what happened, we were getting married." He laughed. "She really is the perfect wife too! She never asks for anything. She is so polite and loyal. She doesn't even eat a lot. I have had to insist on her eating more in concern for her health. I am such a lucky man."

He opened a large door in the back, and within was the stores for the whole village. From experience, Sylvie could tell the was a lot more room then there should have been. From what they could see and estimate from the village, they had just enough to make it, and couldn't afford to lose much more.

Sylvie's eyes immediately narrowed, the story about a strange outsider entering the village and problems beginning seeming like they were too closely tied to not be linked in some way. Similar situations even came up in her village's stories, as they were a particularly careful people.

Genma turned to her. "Who? Akane? I'm not... sure if I ever asked."

"She's never told you either?" Mags confirmed, not as suspicious of the woman as Sylvie, but still acknowledging the strangeness of the fact.

"N... no?" Genma frowned. "Are you trying to say something about my wife?"

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Futakuchi-onna
Part Two

"N-No!" Mags defended, "But... Maybe someone is after her, maybe she's running away from something. That could be what's stealing the food..."

Sylvie crossed her arms for a moment, the unsual height of the woman giving her a red flag as well.

"It's up to us to find the solution to this... That's what you hired us to do isn't it?" She replied bluntly.

Eraqus nodded in agreement. "We are simply exploring all avenues."

Genma sighed. "Right. I'll... go prepare your rooms."

"One room," Eraqus said. "Best we three stay close." He waited for Genma to walked out before asking, "What are you thinking, Sylvie."

"What I'm thinking is that Akane is either the cause of the problem, or has a big part to play." She looked around to make sure they weren't being watched. "As soon as she came here, they started running out of food. No one's even thought to ask where she came from at all and she hasn't told anyone. He even said they were suddenly married. One coincidence is believable, but this is too unlikely."

"I don't know" Magdalene countered, "Don't you think it's too obvious to be her? I think I can say from experience that just because someone looks and acts strangely, they aren't evil, take Baphomet for instance."

"Right... That Nightgaunt I've heard about..." The Huntress spoke.

"And besides, He said she hardly eats, why would she steal food?" Mags continued, "I just think we should give her the benefit of the doubt."

Eraqus folded his arms. "I'd like to... but I didn't last this long by not trusting the instincts of my fellow hunters. Though it is true that she would have no reason to steal the food, nor could she have eaten it all herself with that skinny frame." He looked around the stacks of food. "How bad is it anyway?"

Sylvie looked over towards the storeroom again. "Maybe a month if they try to feed everyone."

"Then we can't wait." The Elf turned to the others. "We'll tell them we're resting up for tomorrow, but just in case someone in this house is involved, we'll take shifts staying up. We can't let any more of that food disappear."

"Okay. So who should watch first then?" Mags conferred to Eraqus.

"I'll take the first shift," Eraqus offered. "You want to take second, Magdeline?"

"Alright." She nodded.

"I'll take third then." Sylvie confirmed.

"Be careful Eraqus, okay?" Magdalene placed a hand on his shoulder.

He nodded. "I always try to be. Come on. I think we were promised some tea."

3:46 a.m.

After a bite to eat, one were Akane indeed seemed perfectly fine eating next to nothing, the trio "turned in" for the night, assuring the masters of the house they would be asleep soundly in preparation for a busy morning. It was second shift. Eraqus had quickly drifted off to sleep, seemingly grateful for the chance to rest after the long travels, and Mags was left in the dark silence of the night.

Mags sat in a chair in the shadows looking over towards the door. The Sheep had her pitchfork ready, but was hoping to not have to use it.

As she sat in silence, Mags reflected on something Baphomet had told het in her dreams only an hour or so before.

'Be wary Magdalene... This is the first time your physical body has been faced with real danger... Out of dreams, my power is very limited... You are truly on your own... Be calm, be wary, and be alert... Do not underestimate your own power, but do not incite and behave recklessly...'

As she sat in thought, she heard it. Soft at first, but slightly louder as it seemed to approach. It was soft singing, a haunting melody that was a tad chilling. As it got closer, Mags felt her eyes getting heavier. It was as if the song was lulling her to sleep.

"Wha... What...?" Mags said softly, her eyes closing slowly as she struggled to stay awake.

It was only her natural abilities when it came to sleep and dreams that kept her awake. Looking at the crack in the doorway, a figure slowly moved by, the singing coming from it. It looked to be a humanoid figure in a white gown, their jet black hair flowing behind them. They stopped in front of the door for a few moments, enough to send a chill down Mags' spine, until continuing towards the back of the manor.

Despite the shock, Mags was still quite lulled, akin to someone waking from a nightmare, only to immediately fall back into it.

The Sheep then suddenly saw an option. Slowly picking up her harp from the side of her chair, Magdalene flowed her magic through it, then strummed the harp despite knowing it might bring the creature to her.

As Mags strummed a simple and slow tune, it synced with the mysterious singing, almost of it's own accord. The manor was suddenly filled with a haunting orchestral duet, inadvertently doubling the effects of the sleep song, but leaving the players immune.

Now more awake, Mags placed her pitchfork on her back quickly, knowing that if she were to stop her playing her own tune for too long she would fall back into the grip of the strange song.

For now, the being did not seem to notice or care. As Mags continued her playing, she heard the sound of the store room doors being opened.

Gulping, the Sheep took her harp and continued her song as she made her way out the door she had seen the woman walk past. Mags slowly looked both ways, then gazed over at the now opened storeroom door.

Within, as Sylvie had suspected might happen, was Akane. She softly hummed as she knelt before a small table, preparing some tea. She slowly rose her eyes to look at the Sheep woman before her. "Ah... Magdeline, was it? Would you like to join me."

"I..." Mags hesitated, continuing her lull song as she considered.

"Okay... I think I would..." She replied after a moment of silence, stepping cautiously into the storeroom.

Akane had a second cup to pour the tea. Maybe it was a backup. Maybe she was expecting to have someone join her. Either way, she poured some tea for them both and beckoned Mags to sit across from her. As the Thrope neared, she noticed something behind the woman reaching over to the stores and pulling bags of rice over. They were like tendrils, long and black. It was hard to tell in the dim light, but it almost looked like hair.

As Mags sit down, she also placed her harp to her side, standing it up and allowing her to play it one handed.

"So... Mrs. Akane...?" The 'little lamb' spoke with an obvious nervousness, but didn't continue, having numerous questions but being unable to choose one to ask.

"Please, don't be shy." Akane lightly sipped from her cup, the hair like tendrils scooping some cooked rice into a bowl behind her. "Tell me what is on your mind."

"W-Why are you eating the foodstores?" Mags asked, her heart beating quickly. "H-How are you eating so much food?"

"I need to feed," Akane answered simply. "My former husband didn't understand that. No food was a good punishment, or so he thought. Even when punishment was only due from his perspective. But one has to eat. And if you don't, well... ypu have to make up for it later." Her hair lift some rice with chopsticks, but didn't bring them to her mouth. Instead they went to the back of her head, the rice gone when Mags saw them again. More hair picked up more bowls, and the food disappeared behind her.

"I'm sorry." Mags replied kindly, wondering where the food could've possibly gone. "I don't think I've heard of someone so horrible as to starve their wife..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Futakuchi-onna
Part Three

"Trust me, young one?" Akane smiled at her sadly. "There are many out there who would do the most horrible of things to others." She took another sip. "So... what happens now?"

"I'm sorry that happened to you and I would really, really like to avoid violence." Magdalene responded, "But... Could you please stop eating all of these people's stores? They'll die if you don't..."

Akane took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. When I was still human, I might have sympathized with them. But... that time has passed." She slowly turned her head to the side, revealing the grotesque mouth on the back of her head that was rapidly consuming the food.

Mags jumped back, eyes wide, while grabbing her harp so she could play it if Akane started to sing again. "W-What are you!? I've never..."

Akane slowly rose herself, still smiling. "It needs to feed. I have no control over it. That is why you are here, Hunter. It is why I convinced Genma to seek outside help. You must do something I can not do."

'Maybe we could... Find you a place where you can eat all the food you want..." Magdalene considered, still wary in case she tried to attack.

Akane shook her head. "It won't allow that. It won't allow me to leave. It won't let me stop eating. It cries. It fills me with pain." She suddenly grabbed the pot and smashed it. She grabbed a shard and stabbed for her own throat, only for her hair to whip like a snake, holding her arm in place. The mouth continued eating, as though this was not the first time this had happened. "Please." Akane's features seemed to thin, the woman looking malnourished. "It won't... let me die."

"So... You want us to..." Mags hesitated, "I-I don't... There has to be another way."

"There is no other way!" Akane shouted desperately. "Please! I am already dead. This curse is all that keeps me chained to this world. Kill me and let me rest."

The mouth stopped eating, dropping the various bowls and chopsticks. It seemed it was this mouth that was singing earlier, as it started to do so again, and Mags felt her eyes getting heavy once more.

Mags eyes drooped, but strummed her harp once more to counteract it. "O-Okay... I'm s-sorry...'

The sheep propped her harp against her chin, playing it with one hand and she slowly pulled her dagger out of her belt. "I-I promise I'll... I'll make it quick..."

Akane nodded, giving her a heartfelt smile. "Thank you. It means a lot t-"

The mouth stopped singing, and instead resorted to screaming. It was a soul piercing screech, one that dropped both women to their knees.

Mags gripped her head and covered her ears as she fell, dropping her harp and gripping her knife tightly. However, she simply couldn't will her body to move under the oppressive screech, almost as if it was freezing her soul. "I can't... M-move... so l-loud..."

Mags gathered her strength, gripping the side of the table and pulling herself up. She closed her eyes, regrettably lunging her dagger forward at Akane's throat.

A thick tendrils of hair reached out, grabbing her by the arm and lifting her up. With a sickening crack, Akane's head twisted around, and the large, slobbering mouth brought the sheep woman to its razor sharp teeth.

"No!" Eraqus rushed over, sword in hand. With a quick slice, he cut the hair and freed Magdeline.

"Eraqus!" Mags said with relief.

Behind him, Sylvie stepped forward, armed with her two signature weapons. "This is why you shouldn't mistrust a hunter's instinct..."

"Good work, Magdeline." Eraqus helped her up and took a step back from the creature. "Though I do wish you had woken us."

She just shook her head. "It wouldn't have worked, it's putting everyone to sleep."

"Well, that screech it did countered that." Eraqus rolled his shoulder. "Sylvie, I'll distract it from the right. You attack from the left." He charged forward, going for a few slashes, but the hair simply blocked him. No matter how much he cut, there always seemed to be more.

Sylvie waited for an opportunity and lunged forward at her head with her spear, putting her entire body weight behind it.

Her weapon punched through her target's side and out its back. It cries out in pain and lashed out at her, its tendrils wrapping around her neck tightly and lifting her into the air.

Suddenly, a small oval stone slammed into the head of the demon with force. "Get off her!" Mags yelled, loading another oval stone from a pouch on her side into her sling and preparing to launch it.

It dropped the woman and screeched angrily, charging Mags with arms outstretched, mouth wide and ready to take a bite out of her.

Mags' eyes widened, scrambling back and grabbing her pitchfork in both hands, raising the point up while directing it towards the demon.

The creature ran directly into it, viscous black blood oozing down the weapon. Still, it pushed forward, trying to get at the Thrope, until, with a quick swipe of the sword, Eraqus left its head toppling to the ground.

The Huntress walked forward, stepping on the head before plunging her spear into it to confirm it's death.

However, Mags frowned deeply, unable to hide her sadness over killing Akane. The Sheep tried to console herself by remembering that this was the peace and release she sought from the curse. "I'm... Sorry..."

"Sorry for what?" Eraqus asked. "You did great. Discovered the monster. Defended a teammate. Drew the enemies attack. You did great for your first mission."

"She... She wasn't always a monster..." Mags said with a depressed tone.

Eraqus gave her a sad look, kneeling down next to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm sure, after what happened to her, it is better this way."

"I guess I should just expect things like this..." Magdalene sighed lowly, "I feel like I failed her... Like I could've done more..."

Eraqus nodded. "Things won't always be like this. Trust me." He looked back at Sylvie. "Come on. Let's go talk to Genma... explain what happened."

Sylvie had been purposefully quiet, unsure how to feel at the moment; despite her monstrous appearance, It's a shame when life is wasted. "Right..."

She and Eraqus stepped out, leaving Magdeline by herself. In solitude she stood, until a faint, loving humming came from behind her. She felt a pair of hands against her shoulders, and a warm, calming sensation fill her. "You did well."

"A-Akane...?" Mags seemed surprised, looking behind her.

It seemed to be the woman, though the pale appearance and partially see through form was new. She smiled lovingly, and turned her head to the side, parting her hair. "Look. It is gone. You did it."

"I'm sorry you had to die... I hope you can find peace." Mags replied with a sincere tone.

The tall woman knelt down. "I am sorry too. Sorry you had to go through that. But as I said, I was already dead. Just a ghost trapped in a cursed body. Please don't be sad. You set me free."

"Then I wish you well, wherever it is you'll go..." Mags looked up into her eyes, smiling softly as she pulled her harp over and played the tune that went along with her haunting song.

The pair played in harmony for a while until Akane slowly faded away, her smile remaining as she finally vanished from sight.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
A Much Needed Night Out
Part One

Betty was blushing brightly as she stood outside Erin's door, a large cloth bag in her hand that appeared to be full. The Fly was wearing the white, frilly dress the bunny had gotten her for Lover's Day and it fit her well, also being quite modest with only her lower arms exposed.

The Fly had even managed to find some perfume during a brief trip she had taken to town, looking for items for their special day. The scent was fruity, smelling like a mix of peaches and cherries, it was the one she found the best, as the Lemon one turned her away. The Fly had even applied a small amount of blush to her cheeks, nothing expensive, but Betty thought that it added something to her look.

As the Thrope placed a hand on the lab door, she briefly wondered if she had gotten overdressed for this. She thought that if Erin was simply wearing her coat that she would feel bad, but pushed it aside. "I'll just say it's okay... She doesn't have to be dressed up..."

However, Betty decided suddenly that it may be a better idea to simply knock first, she wouldn't want to catch the rabbit unprepared. She shyly brought her free hand up, knocking twice, signaling the start of their special day.

The was some shuffling behind the door, as well as a pause, as though there was hesitation. Finally, the door slowly opened, a pair of long ears poking out before Erin's eyes. "Oh... th-thank goodness it is you. I was afraid someone had come for something and would see me... ahem..."

"You don't own a do not disturb sign?" Betty smiled, trying to ease her nervousness with light humor.

"Nnnnoooo... but that is a good idea." The rabbit woman looked her up and down. "I am pleased to see you wearing that. Both because you look nice, and, um..." She pushed the door open. She was wearing a one piece dress that went down below her knees, and ended at her chest, along with matching black gloves reaching three quarters of the way to her shoulders. On each ear was a trio of studded earnings. "I was afraid I overdressed."

"You look gorgeous..." Betty blushed redder, looking her up and down. "Your dress in amazing..."

Erin looked down at herself. "Is it? I feel it would have more effect if I... had a bit more to show off, you know? I think between us, you are the real head turner."

"I bet I am. Zhey turn zheir head and zhen run away in fear." The Fly joked, pointing at her eyes. "I zhink you're um... Uh... Front... Is very nice."

Erin rubbed her arm. "And I think your eyes are lovely."

"You have cute ears." Betty replied holding her hands in hers. "So... Oh! Uh... My plans for today... Uhm, yes... I brought zhis bag... It has some... gifts and zhings... Did you have anything you wanted us to do Erin?"

Erin bit her lip. "I am not... very good at this. But perhaps something to eat and... a show? There is a small theater in town showing a play I think you'll enjoy. If... if that is okay..."

"Zhat sounds perfect! And zhen when we get back... My... My gift for you..." Betty replied excitedly, an energy coming off of her Erin hadn't witnessed at all this last month.

Erin quickly nodded, taking her arm and pulling her along. "You are going to love the restaurant I had in mind. As much as I enjoyed our first date, it was pun food from an inn. I want to treat you to some classic Themosan cuisine that will make us both nostalgic."

"Veeti's Dad never really had time to take us out much, so it might be a little more nostalgic for you zhan me, but I still wanna do it!" The Insect girl followed behind her closely, "I'm excited!"

"Me too." Erin pressed her head against Betty's arm. "We need this. We need a... distraction."

"I never even knew zhere was an authentic Themosan restaurant in town." Betty admitted, gently kissing the top of Erin's head. "Zhis is going to be wonderful, even more so seeing as it's your idea..."

The ride into town was pleasant. After a bit of reasoning, and a bit of begging, Erin had convinced Mona to let them borrow her personal coach, with a Hunter who, like many others, owed Erin a favor acting as the driver. It was a short walk from the entrance of the town to the restaurant. Very fancy, very expensive looking, and quite busy. "Oh, dear," Erin muttered. "I didn't expect it to be so crowded. They gained some notoriety since I last passed by..."

"Well, zhat only confirms its good, right?' Better replied, giving her a supportive gaze.

Erin nodded. "Wait here." She walked up to the man working the entrance. They talked for a moment, Erin cupping his hand a few times, before she finally returned to Betty and took her hand. "Come. Our table awaits. It is a nice one too."

The Engineer giggled lightly, "How did you manage zhat?"

They walked through the restaurant, escorted to their table. "Simple. I have a cousin who is a food critic in Themosa and surrounding countries, and according to him, ritzy places like this always have spare tables in case someone popular comes in. I just told him I was a very important witch for the Havenbrook Organization, and you a strong and powerful Hunter." As they sat down, Erin cleared her throat, chuckling nervously. "And, uh... when that failed, I, uh... bribed him."

"Well, I guess it's okay. We're just paying for the better seats!" The Tinkerer shrugged, admiring the atmosphere briefly. "But you also could've tried mentioning said cousin I zhink... Zhey might've been familiar."

Erin paused in thought for a moment as she picked up her menu. "You know, I... didn't even think about that. In Themosa, being a Thrope, he isn't as popular as as critics, but he is well paid, so he must be popular in other countries." She shrugged. "Maybe I can get a discount if I promise to recommend him to rate this place next time he passes through Serasam."

"So, as someone who went out much more, I zhink I would rather have you order for me. You probably know what's best here, after all." Betty said, placing her trust in Erin.

"Well, I'm not an expert, but... I can think of a few things." Erin scanned the menu. "What is... your preferred meat? Pork? Chicken? Fish?"

"Don't really have a preference... Let's go... Fish?" Betty decided, "Fresh Fish is pricey in Themosa, despite bring on the coast."

"Not much better here if you want fish from the west coast. But there is no price on our enjoyment." Erin waved a waitress over. "Can I get a order of the fried calamari as an appetizer, as well as two fresh salads with Elluviana dressing on the side. As for main dishes, I want an order of the fresh Bevland Salmon with rice pilaf and broccoli, and a plate of lamb, medium, with the carrots and potatoes. And can you split those plates in half so we can share?"

The waitress nodded. "Of course. And to drink."

"Give us some ice water on the side, along with a bottle of Merlot. Um... medium grade. Not too worried about price, but let's not go crazy here. Anything else, Betty?"

The Fly shook her head, "Zhat sounds good."

Erin nodded to the waitress, who walked off. Erin sat in silence for a few moments, rubbing her wrists nervously. Her confidence seemingly evaporating in an instant, she asked, "A-and you sure I... I mean, if that... I should asked if you wanted to split... are you okay with Merlot... I could... call them back if you want."

"I'm okay. You don't have to worry, zhis is wonderful." Betty reassured her.

A waiter came over with their beverages, pouring a glass of wine for the pair. Erin lifted hers and swirled it a bit. Raising it slightly, she said, "To... to family. Family... lost, but never forgotten. New family found. And family soon to reunite."

Betty smiled, images of her parents and her daughter Eliza filling her mind. The Thrope wiped away a small tear as she clinked her glass against Erin's. "To Family..."

Ten minutes later, Erin popped a piece of calamari in her mouth and laughed nervously. "My... first first." She hesitated for a moment before answering, "It... it was... a waitress." She blushed and looked away. "I needed the money to support myself in college. Girl has to eat. It was... the worse. Me, soon to be one of the greatest witches of our time, serving the worst dregs of society. Wasn't even an upscale place like this. Much smaller diner. And you want to know what the worse part was? Go on. Guess."

"Was it an all Human establishment?" Betty leaned forward a little, guessing as she tried the octopus. Her face lit up a bit as she chewed, "Mmm! Wow It's like... Fish bubblegum!"

Erin giggled. "It is quite delightful, isn't it?" She sighed. "Clientele was mostly human. But the worst part was that uniform. I have no idea how it was legal to have a skirt the short! Plus they made me a little slit to make my tail poke out. You have... no idea how many times it was grabbed, and not just by curious children."

The Fly stopped for a moment and looked up at her, surprised. "Wait... What? You have a tail? Like... A fluffy tail?"

Erin lowered her head. "I, uh... y-yes. You know, a little... ahem, fluffy, rabbit tail." She shrugged. "Doesn't exactly come up in casual conversation."

"Well, usually you just see it." Betty raised her hand up just under her chin. "Zhat's so cute Zhough! It's rare to have one."

The Tinkerer quickly realized something and stopped herself. "Do you hide it because- Does it um... Embarrass you?"

Again, Erin shrugged. "I don't know. It is... just a little hard to be taken serious when people see you cute, little tail poking out." She smiled. "Not that I would mind you seeing..." She blinked. "That... came out a bit more 'mature' then I meant it to be."

"I wanna see too." Betty said, she would've winked, but her lack of eyelids made that hard. After she said that, she suddenly blushed, a question coming to mind. "I um... Wanted to ask you somezhing... Actually... About your Ears... How... sensitive are zhey? Are zhey sensitive?"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Much Needed Night Out
Part Two

"My ears?" Erin reached up, running a hand across one. "I never really thought about it, but yeah, they're a little sensitive. A lot of nerve endings and the like. Why do you ask?"

Betty giggled slightly, blushing brighter. "Good... Um... Good to know for later..."

"Zhere are some zhings about my affinity zhat I um... Haven't quite told you yet eizhet..." The Fly admitted, "Not because I want to keep it from you... Just zhat... One is a little gross..."

The waiters came by, setting up their main courses. "Like what?" Erin asked. "Remember, I work in a lab, often around a lot of 'gross' things, so it probably isn't as bad as you think."

"Well... Ze first bit is um... Lemons." She said simply. "I can hardly be in ze same room as a fresh cut Lemon... Zhere's somezhing about that acidy smell zhat burns my nose, and eating one is even worse... Like... Ughh."

Erin couldn't help but smile at that. "I understand. That sounds like me with mushrooms, though I'm pretty sure that is just a personal thing."

"And uh..." Betty trailed off, waiting for the servers to leave. As they finished putting food on the table and walked off, Betty leaned in. "I can also... Um... Regurgitate my stomach acid... It's not very useful and it's really gross so I rarely do it..."

"Really?" Erin sounded more interested then grossed out. "You really are an interesting individual. One of kind in so many ways." She sunk down a bit. "I'm sorry. It likely sounds like I am speaking of you more like a specimen then a significant other. I still regret our first meeting... y-you know, involving me requesting to harvest your eyes upon death."

"Zhat's okay. You look at zhings from a scientific perspective, it's not your fault zhat it can sometimes lead people to believe you don't care or zhat you're cold..." Betty replied, wanting to reassure her. "I know you care. Zhat first time we met... I blushed... I thought you were nerdy and cute... Petty surface level reasons I know... But when I found out more about you, I truly fell for you... You're caring, charming, loving, and even a little vulnerable sometimes... Unsure... You're a wonderful woman and you make me so happy..."

Erin nodded, unable to hide the redness in her cheeks. "Yes, well... ahem, don't sell yourself short. besides saving me from an embarrassing situation involving a certain deity, I have come to find you are quite brave, determined, and intuitive. You have the will of a fighter, yet you also have the intelligence of a master craftsman, as well as the kindness and passion of a mother. I am sure you will argue this, but I feel I am the one who came the most on top between us."

Betty took her fork and dug into the steaming fish, however, after a single bite, she uncontrollably retched. "Ughh... I zhink zhey might have put Lemon Juice on zhis..."

"Damn... I wish I had known ahead of time..." She quickly sniffed the lamb, just to be sure, and switched plates with her. "Try this one. I assure you, if you have no aversion to lamb, you will love it." Despite her hopeful words, she looked incredibly nervous.

Taking a chunk of Lamb into her mouth, the Fly smiled brightly. "Zhis is amazing! It's so moist it melts in ze mouth!"

Erin let out an obvious sigh of relief, taking a small bite from the salmon. "I am happy to hear that. It would ruin our special day if you couldn't eat our dinner."

"I don't zhink so, after all, I'd still be with you." Betty smiled, taking a sip of wine.

Erin was a bit caught off guard. "I... I believe you are flirting with me, my dear."

"I am, aren't I?" She chuckled, "Well it's true. You make every day special. Zhis day is simply, special-er"

Erin chuckled. "So, you never told me what your first job was."

"I uh... I never worked you know... Traditionally... Although people would give me some money for cleaning up junk off roofs and stuff... I never told my Father zhat I did zhat for people, but Veeti knew and I stayed close to ze house..." The Havenbrook Hunter explained, "I mostly did zhings around ze house, a little cooking, cleaning, dusting, washing... I taught myself massaging too, zhough mostly for curiosities sake. I enjoyed it, doing simple stuff like zhat to make Father and Veeti happy."

"Tell me more about it," Erin said. "Living with a Netzi family. I'm truly curious about what it was like."

"Me and Veeti were always techies, we spend a lot of our time just making gadgets for ze house. Zhings like electric eggbeaters and power washers." Betty recalled, "Ze house itself was small, but not so small I couldn't get around. Ze drawers and cabinets though, zhey were tiny. Veeti and her Father did go out to get silverware and tools big enough for me to use zhough. Other zhan zhat, Father came home very infrequently, sometimes he would even sleep at work, but when he did come, I'd always have somezhing prepared for him."

"It sounds lovely. You were lucky to find friends so supportive." Erin took another large bite, savoring the taste. "When did you learn you were attracted to women instead of men?"

"Well... When I ran into a little neighbor girl named Eliza." Betty answered, swishing her wine around, although not entirely knowing the point. "She was really sweet and caring. Her Dad would pay me to clean zheir attic and she would always bake me cookies... I guess I had a big crush on her... Until she left, zhat is..."

"Where did she go?" Erin asked. "Did she feel the same about you?"

Betty shook her head, a little sad. "To both. I never found out. Her and her family just... left... with not a word of warning or notice, almost overnight even. I just hope she's okay... A lot of bad zhings can happen to a Thrope in Themosa..."

Erin reached over, patting her on the hand. "Maybe we'll find out what happened to her when we find your parents." She smiled softly. "Just don't leave me for your first crush if you find out she is more attractive to me."

"Don't worry. I'd rather not have to rename Eliza to Eliza Jr. Zhat would get confusing very quickly." Betty joked, taking hold of Erin's hand.

Erin simply smiled at Betty for a while, not even realizing she was almost finished until her fork hit bone. "Well, now... um, did you want to get desert?"

Looking down, Betty had eaten the entire plate of Lamb slowly and finished her wine, feeling a little buzzed. "Do zhey have Cheesecake? Pleeeaase tell me zhey have cheesecake..."

"I do believe I saw some cheesecake on the menu." Erin ordered one desert to share, asking them to make sure to stay as far away from lemons as possible. They both took a fork full, Erin's face lighting up as she chewed. After a few moments, however, her smile dipped ever so much as a sadness came to her eyes.

Betty grew concerned, "What is it?"

"Hmm?" Erin quickly shook her head. "No, no. Sorry. I was just remembering... my mother used to make such a lovely cheesecake. We didn't always have the money for sweets, but whenever she made it..." She shook her head. "This one tastes better, to be honest. Fresher ingredients and such. But it makes me feel... nostalgic. In a good way, of course."

"I'm sorry. How about we learn how to make some cheesecake together? I'd be fun!" Betty suggested, taking another big bite. "So creamy..."

Erin nodded in agreement. "And when we perfect it, I know just who I want to share it with. We better make sure we perfect it before we see her again."

"I hope we see her much sooner zhan zhat." Betty added, looking over the cake. "How about we take ze rest of zhis back? I'm sure Veeti and Mags would like some."

"Good idea." Erin motioned for the rest of the meal to be packed up, the pair leaving and heading towards the nearby theater. "You are quite the charitable tipper," Erin said as they walked along. "I wish I had you as a customer back in Themosa."

"I would tip plenty, especially because of your cute bunny tail." Betty mentioned, holding her hand.

"Well, if it interests you so much, I did keep..." Erin trailed off, realizing what she was suggesting and looking away.

"Keep wha... No..." Betty's smile grew wider, "Why did you keep it if it embarrassed you so much!?"

Erin pouted. "I have a problem throwing away perfectly functional things, like clothing I'm sure still fits me."

"Well... I wouldn't want to impose... But... We'll be in private..." Betty brought her hands together, pushing her bottom lip out slightly.

Erin blushed, nodding lightly as they entered the theater. Finding good seats in the center, the pair watched an older play called "My Cousin Victoria," a comedy period piece from Mirandia about a young man who was drawn into humorous situations by his trouble making cousin. An hour and a half later, they exited once more, the rabbit woman stating, "They did the full version. Many productions leave out about a third of it because of the cost for props and magic."

"I've never heard of magic used for plays before, but I guess it's saved for ze upper class ones." The Fly held her chin.

"I never really considered it an upper class play. They must have just been better funded then... usual." She looked up at Betty. "Did you not enjoy the play? I... I was told a comedy is a good choice. Admittedly, the implied relationship between the main characters can turn some people out, a-and the... some of the jokes are quite outdated. We.... we can try a different play next time, one... o-one you know you will like..."

"I liked it! Ze effects and props were really good, and I did have a chuckle or two. Maybe I'm just old fashioned." She suggested, placing her hands together in front of her.

Erin lowered her head. "I'm... I'm sorry if I am ruining this for you. That's the reason... reason why..."

"Erin." Betty stopped her, pressing her lips againt her cheek. "Today has been wonderful... You don't need to worry. As long as I'm with you, everyzhing is good."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Much Needed Night Out
Part Three

Erin smiled contently, leaning her head against Betty's arm as they headed back to their coach. "I guess I had one too many relationships when I was younger that ended because I was not 'romantic' enough or too analytical. Leaves me a bit... paranoid. But I am glad you have enjoyed yourself."

"Mmhm... And..." Betty inhaled deeply. "It's time for my plan once we return..."

Erin nodded nervously as they climbed into the carriage and made their way back to the manor.

As they reached the Manor once again, the trip back feeling much shorter, Betty held Erin's hand as she pulled her back through the manor and towards the direction of the Lab. Once they reached the door, Betty stopped and smiled at Erin, blushing brightly. "O-Okay... So... You stay out here... Don't come in until I tell you, it's a surprise..."

Erin gave her a curious look, but nodded. "Alright."

Betty quickly picked up her bag, heading into the room quickly and closing it. Erin could hear what sounded like rustling inside, and after about five minutes or so, could hear the Fly calling her from inside. "O-Okay... You can come in..."

The door slowly opened to reveal a dim lab, lit candles placed on a small table with what looked to be a box sitting on it, however Betty was no where to be seen.

"B... Betty?" Erin slowly stepped in, closing the door behind her. She considered looking for the Fly Thrope, but she was clearly intended to be drawn to the box. With that in mind, she approached the table and lifted the box's cover.

What she found was a box of rose shaped chocolates, in this case dark, with lovely designs carved into them. The entire assortment looked exceptionally expensive as the candies sparkled slightly under the candle light.

As Erin opened it, she could hear nervous footsteps behind her, and as Erin turned, she saw her partner. The Fly was wearing what seemed to be a Maid's outfit, black and white with lace down her arms. Her skirt was exceptionally short, much like the waitress uniform she had spoken about, but this was clearly better made. The sleeves covered some of the lace and was decorated with shiny silvery trim, all leading up to a window in the center of her chest which put her a lot of cleavage on display for Erin.

The Fly stood there, gulping slightly as she placed her hands together near her waist, "S-Surprise..."

Erin looked her up and down as she slowly approached. "I... I-I don't know what to say except... wow..." She smiled. "You look... amazing."

"Do... You... Remember how I said I liked doing zhings for ze people I love..." Betty smiled awkwardly. "Well... I guess it led me to liking ze idea of Maids... So when I found zhis Themosan style maid outfit on sale in town... I had to buy it..."

Betty took in a breath, "So, for ze rest of today, I will happily do whatever you ask of me to help you relax... M-M... My Love."

Erin firmly cupped Betty's hands, looking into the eyes she saw as so beautiful. "The thing I want the most right now... is to take you back into my room so we can make each other feel as good as possible."

Betty squeaked like a mouse as Erin held her. "Yes... Please... I'd want nothing more..."

Erin nodded, and pulled her to the back, intent on taking that next step and proving just how much Betty meant to her.

As Erin pulled her along, Betty got butterflies in her stomach, despite being the one who came up with this idea. "U-Um... I hope I don't... Let you down... Zhis is my first time..."

"It... it is?" Erin guided her over to the bed. "I guess I assumed... with how beautiful you are, you would have... you know, had suitors."

"No... I never really left home much, Father kept me close. Besides, not everyone finds me as beautiful as you do..." Betty pointed out as they reached the bed.

Erin gently pushed her onto her back, climbing over her so they were face to face. "Anyone who doesn't is a fool, you hear me?" She whispered.

"Mmhm..." Betty nodded, looking into Erin's eyes as her skin began radiating heat.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Much Needed Night Out
Part Four

Erin leaned down, gently kissing Betty as she rubbed Betty's arms. Her kissing was slow at first. Simple. Tender. After a while it was more intense. Passionate. Wanting.

As Erin's kissing became hungrier, Betty followed her lead, pushing her tongue deep into her mouth as she wrapped her hands around Erin's neck.

After a while, Erin held her head back and said, "It... it is quite a lovely uniform. I would hate to dirty or wrinkle it. Maybe you should... take it off?"

"As you wish Mistress..." Betty obediently replied, almost lulled into a trance from her kissing. She quickly pulled off the top and skirt of her outfit, leaving behind only a matching pair of simple, frilly white undergarments.

As she did, Erin easily slipped off her dress, wearing a black set of underwear that was surprisingly revealing for the lab witch. She decided to keep you long gloves on as her hands explored the body of her soon-to-be lover.

Betty's body shivered from her touch as she slowly ran her hands down Erin's sides, stopping at her waist.

Erin's kissing moved down to Betty's neck, then her chest. Slowly, gently, she messaged her breasts. "You know... I'm a little jealous of this body of yours."

"J-Jealous...?" Betty sighed happily, "O-Of what...?"

Erin ran her hands across Betty's sides and belly. "Of this tall, lean form." She ran a hand along Betty's inner leg, up to her thigh. "Of this fit, strong legs." She moved her hands under Betty's bra and squeezed a little. "Of the plump, from breasts. Such a lovely, mature form."

The Tinkerer's skin felt almost gluttonous from Erin's attention, only wanting more and more. Recalling something from earlier, Betty brought her hands slowly up, placing her thumbs against Erin's large ears and gently rubbing them methodically. "Your body... Is even better..."

Goosebumps spread across Erin's skin, her body shaking in delight. "But I'm... so small."

"What's wrong with small? Such a tiny, cute little Bunny..." Betty got into the moment, moving her left hand under Erin's bra as she brought both of her ears together, rubbing them carefully with her other hand.

Erin looked like she was holding back the urge to kick her leg in delight. "Betty... I don't think... I can wait... any longer."

"Mmhm..." Betty carefully walked the fingers of her left hand away from her chest, down Erin's stomach, and crawled their way into the Rabbit's underwear. As she massaged her head, Betty played it by ear as she used her precise Engineer fingers to rub the lip of her entrance.

Erin's breath hastened as she took off Betty's bra, tossing it to the side. She lightly messaged her nipples and pressed her lips against those of her lover, kissing her with an even more intense passion then before. "My love," she whispered. "My desire."

Betty moaned softly, running her right hand away from Erin's ears and down her back, caressing her rear as she found her tail. "I w-wonder... If your tail is... as sensitive as your ears...?" The Ebony girl said as she lightly played with the mage's fluffly tail, using her middle finger on the other hand to finally penetrate into her.

Erin jumped a bit, chuckling. "Sorry. It's been a while," she said, rubbing Betty's inner thigh in a teasing manner.

Betty looked off to the side briefly, "I'm sorry... Was zhat too sudden?"

"Only if this one is." Erin quickly reached under Betty's panties and lightly pinched her clit with a small laugh.

"Eeee!" Betty tensed up for a moment before the pleasure wave went through her. "O-Oh w-wow..."

In response, Betty moved another finger to the side and into her, pushing them deeper.

Like they were competing, Erin rubbed Betty's most sensitive spot faster as her free hand pushed Betty's underwear down to her knees. Her hand explored a bit. "Well groomed... soft... and tight as a corked bottle. I think I... won a prize or something."

"Aaaaah! Mmmm!" Betty huffed out, her breathing becoming quick as the pleasure drove her to press into Erin deeper and faster.

Finally, Erin couldn't take it anymore. She reached down, pulling her own panties off so fast she nearly tore them. She repositioned herself, placing her hips over Betty's face, and dipped down to go to town on her lover, an assault of fingers and tongue.

Betty was forced to wrap her hands around Erin's legs as her own squirmed with arousal. The Fly held on tightly as if she was in a cart going down a steep hill, barely able to form words.

This only made Erin smile and go faster, doing all she could to pleasure her love. She would make her feel pure delight. She would make her forget her woes, if for only a while. She would make Betty's first an explosive success.

"Erin! It's... I'm! Mmm!" Betty yelled out, trying to warn her but hardly able to speak.

Erin looked back, rubbing her fiercely. "Come on, Betty! Let it all go!" she said before dipping back down.

After but a moment Betty screamed out, the spot under Erin's face becoming soaked along with her mouth. The Fly whined in pleasure as she held Erin tightly, her head falling back into the pillow.

After a moment to catch her breath, Betty moved back in, desiring very much to repay her love as she tried her hand, or mouth, at what Erin had been doing. The Netzi-raised girl brought her tongue to the scientist's opening, taking long, slow licks.

Erin breathed deeply, her hips shaking a bit. "You must... b-be tired. Please don't... push... yourself."

"I am... But you did such a good job... It be... Wrong if you didn't get to... finish..." Betty said, going back in and after another few lollipop-like licks took Erin's button in between her tongue and front teeth, squeezing it slightly.

Erin's elbows shook, the woman barely able to keep herself from collapsing. She wanted to do the same for Betty again, but the pleasure was too intense. To all encompassing. It had been so long since she had felt the intimate touch of another, and it showed in the way she twitched and squirmed. "J-just a... l-little... m-more..."

Betty smiled as she closed her eyes; the Tinkerer plunged her tongue as deep as it could go into her, the Fly's face being coated a little in fluid as she pushed deeper and writhed around inside.

Erin lasted only another minute before an orgasm shook her entire body. She collapsed onto Betty, luckily being fairly light, and for a while was too beat to move.

After she climaxed, Betty fell back, her head landing in the pillow. As she caught her breath, Betty reached up and wiped sweat off of her forehead before it had a chance to drip onto her large eyes. "I... I did good?"

Erin slowly rolled off her and, with some effort, move to lay side by side. "You... did great. You're a... fast learner."

Betty chuckled lightly, "I've been told... You were more amazing zhough..."

Erin chuckled, rubbing up against her and slowly running her fingers across Betty's belly. "I think it is best to say we are simply the best together." She closed her eyes and asked, "Any regrets?"

"What do you mean? Why would I regret zhis amazing day with you?" Betty turned her head slowly.

"Just checking." Erin sighed. "You know, I... I am always so confident. Always so strong." She frowned, opening her eyes and looking down. "But it is an act. I'm not... as sure of myself as I let on. I know I should be, but... but when you go your whole with... you know. 'You're too short'. 'You're too weak'. 'You're too poor'. 'You're... just a Thrope...' It gets to you, you know?"

"I know... Honestly I was a little self conscious about my eyes and appearance before I met you..." Betty explained, "Humans would see me rummaging for parts and call me trash, worthless, hideous... Living so poor, living around Flies, I grew attached to zhem... Zhey were misunderstood, treated like nozhing, like zhey were awful... But zhey meant no one any harm. I guess Zhat's why my affinity was with zhem..."

Erin held her a little tighter. "I know what you mean. Rabbits are... small. Meek. Fodder for prey to use and discard. But they're stronger then people think. Great survival instincts that allow some to like in frozen tundra, others in merciless deserts. They are great breeders, and have a might jump. Everyone writes them off as good for nothing but being cute. But they are more then that... and so am I."

"Zhat's right. You are so much more... You aren't turned off by me, by my looks, you even zhink I'm beautiful... I feel like you see a me I had forgotten was zhere..." Betty nuzzled her softly.

Erin nodded. After a minute of snuggling, she nervously said, "Um... Betty?"

"Uh... Yes?" The Fly replied, noticing her concern.

Erin squirmed a little. "I just, um... you know, rabbits have a... a lot of vitality, and... a-and can breed... several times in a row to make sure... I mean, if... i-if you're tired, I understand. It was a... long evening..."

"You want to go again?" Betty confirmed, smiling slightly. "Well... I am still your maid for today... And Good Maids do what zhey're told..."

"Good." Erin rolled onto her and pinned her arms down. "But next time, I get to be the maid. Deal?"

"Deal..." Betty agreed, leaning up to kiss her. "I love you, Erin..."

"And I love you," Erin returned, gratefully accepting the kiss.