Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
ExoGrim, MarineAvenger, & ZombieSplitter53
Killing with a Smile
Part One

Stormrend
City of Kuwabara
April 14th, 3349
10:14 p.m.

The air was a bit humid and musty after a recent rainfall that left everything damp and miserable. Davon, Arlia, and Melinda watched the area closely as their CO for this mission, a thirty-something year old Netzi named Zatch, examined the closed off area of the street, the location of the most recent of a string of violent murders. “All men,” he said outloud. “All stabbed to death. Small implement. Knives, scissors, something else tiny. All in prime. Most in relationship… but not this one…” He tilted his head as he looked at the outline of the victim’s head, that had been severed using small instruments. “Why different? Why just one?”

Arlia shivered at the sight of the victim, looking away while Melinda crouched over the corpse to get a better look. The young Shadowmancer placed a hand on his pale, lifeless face. “There could be a connection between this man and the murderer beyond the one’s you’ve seen in the previous attacks. Possibly personal knowledge or love for the the murderer.”

“Maybe. Maybe just crazy killer, breaking pattern.” Zatch floated over to the others. “No matters. We stoppin’ now. No more terror. Some witness, said woman nearby when bodies found. Killer? Maybe. Also said… something off. Possible…” He shivered uncontrollably. “Possible g-ghost…”

“That could be very possible.” Melinda remarked.

“Do you actually believe that the dead are capable of killing?” Arlia stated skeptically. “Spirits are not able to maintain a physical form long enough to do damage to the living, much less something like this.”

“It’s a lot more common than you would think.” The shadowmancer swiftly countered. “With the right kind of magical energy… like corruption for example… anything can become a force of killing. So, if it is a murderous ghost, we can likely find the source of the energy and disburse it, sending her back to the realm of the dead.”

Zatch rubbed his arm, clearly not a fun of the undead. “Yes, well. Must defend self if ghost. Melinda has magic, Arlia chi. What about you, Davon?”

The noble dressed in black looked back at Rose. “The sword is enchanted to deal with monsters of all kinds, even incorporeals. Plus I imagine wards are not that hard to draw. Just gotta research the right runes.”

Zatch nodded. “And Zatch has Construct of Light magic.” Behind him, his tarantula-shaped construct took a step or eight forward. “Hopefully… protect.” He swallowed deeply. “Must find quick before more death. Must… s-spread out. Arlia, go north. Davon, east, Melinda, south. Zatch is going west. You find killer, or suspicious thingy, making loud noises. Call others over. We meet back here in thirty minutes. Understanding?”

Arlia had already made her way north to begin her search, not wanting to waste anytime talking. Melinda nodded in acknowledgement and made her way south to investigate the area for any sign of this killer.

Zatch gave Davon a worried look, tempted to offer to go with him. Pride made him take a deep breath and go his own way.

Davon questioned in his head what the Netzi’s look had meant but he shrugged it off. His first priority was finding something to drink. He didn’t honestly believe that the murders were being conducted in such an outlandish way and if he was going to be alone for thirty minutes wandering aimlessly, he needed something to help the boredom.

A gentle fog rolled along the ground. With the recent murders, only the most daring of individuals went to and fro. Them, and those hired to solve the murders like Zatch.

He rode along on his Construct, the metallic arachnid not the smoothest ride but he was used to it. As he often had the habit of doing, he softly spoke to himself in his own language. “Here to look for the killer. Killer target's men. I am a man. Am I both the Hunter and bait? No Netzi have been killed, but that doesn't mean I'm safe. Especially since I want to bring the killer to justice.”

He slowed his ride to a stop when he spotted a female figure before him. Fairly tall, dressed in a flowing white dress that covered all but their head and hands, the latter covered in pure white gloves. Their face was turned away, all Zatch being able to see was long, straight black hair. She wasn't the first woman he had seen walking through the night, they being more willing to risk it since all the victims had been male. But this one was just standing there, silent. Directly in his path, as though she was waiting for him.

“Don't like ghost. Hate ghosts. Please don't be a ghost. Please don't be the killer for that matter…” He floated off his construct and towards the woman. "Excuse me. Name is Zatch. You lost. Help needed?"

"Tell me, little one. Are you interested in a good time with a lovely lady?"

"Good... time?" Zatch tilted his head. "Um... thanking, but no. Have girlfriend. Not here, but I loyal." His antennae moved about, trying to sense any magical aura from her. He got nothing.

"A girlfriend? I am sure she is loyal to you too. More than you could ever be. After all..." The woman turned her head, revealing a porcelain mask with curved, black eyes and a wide smile, the center red like lipstick on lips. "...you are here, away from her, approaching strangers in the night."

She slowly turned towards him. As she moved forward, she looked as though she was floating along the ground. Zatch quickly pulled out a pistol. "P-plenty loyal. Only... thought might be needing help, s-so..."

"You aren't very thoughtful of her needs," the spectre said as they got closer. "You know the dangers of this town, and yet you wonder about. What if you died? What would she go through? Why do men never think of their beloved?"

Zatch lifted the gun, for what little it might actually do. "I think plenty. Very thoughtful. You stay ba-"

"LIAR!" The woman flicked her wrist, a pair of scissor coming out her sleeves and into her hand. "Naughty, dirty little man. So filled with lies. Lust. Deceit! Hatred! Please... be calm..." She lifted the scissors. "I only wish to cut out all the bad parts."

"Like doing with other man? No thinking so!" Zatch fired, and the woman suddenly jerked to the side and into the air, dodging the shot.

She giggled and danced through the air. "So violent! Typical man. So much will have to be cut away! Sliced away! Stripped away! Dirty man! Vile man!"

Zatch fired again. He reached into his side pack to reload as he sent his construct forward. The giant spider jumped from the side of the building and into the air, attempting to crash into her. When it missed, it chased her around the corner. Zatch finished loading his weapon and mumbled, “Got to find the others.”

He turned, and the woman floated in front of him, the creepy porcelain face staring down at him as she stabbed him in the arm with her scissors. "Cut it all away."

He cried out in pain, floating back and firing at her before turning and flying as fast as he could. He turned a corner, only to find her waiting for him with another stab to his other arm, causing him to drop his weapon. Again he flew away, his construct rounding the corner to attack the woman. But she floated down in front of him again. Again and again he tried to get away, and again and again she kept appearing before him.

She stabbed. She slashed. She tore at his flesh. Soon, he was too panicked to direct his spider. He was turned around in back allies. He didn't know where he was. But she did. Over and over again, she found him, and soon he collapsed, crying out in fear as she cornered him, opening and closing her scissors as that same creepy smile stayed on her masked face.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Killing with a Smile
Part Two

Melinda wandered the southern area of the city, paying attention to the many details of it’s layout. She had been down most of the alleyways before she noticed that it was almost time for them to recall back to the starting area. As she turned around, the air filled with screams of pain and fear. The shadowmancer dashed over to the source of the scream, briefly noticing Arlia on the rooftops heading in the same direction.

They soon came to a fountain square, many a street and alleyway leading to and from it. In the center, leaning against the fountain, their Netzi captain laid bleeding, barely conscious. And over him, inching a very sharp pair of sheers towards his ears, was the masked figure, taking a snip.

There was a whistle from nearby, Davon standing with a sword in hand and a bottle in another with a very pissed off look, “Come on lady. That’s no way to treat a little furry man. At least buy him dinner before you expect him to pour his heart out to you.” The noble took a quick swig.

She tilted her head as she floated over. “Another filthy man in need of education? Drinking away you love’s food money? Going to beat her when you get home? Not if I snip of those hands of yours!”

“I doubt anyone lives off the money used to buy this piss in a bottle. As for beating my love…” Davon shrugged, “Usually when things get that rough she yells for more and leaves her own scratches.” he snarkily retorted.

She gasped, floating into the air. “Filthy man! I will cut your tongue out!” She dived towards him, going to stab him in the face.

“Come on, don’t do that. Arlia would be so disappointed. Wouldn’t you love?” he called out, taking a swig and grinding his sword against the ground to throw up some sparks, spitting out the flammable liquid at the ghost to leave an opening for the assassin he knew was close by.

The figure screeched out loud, falling backwards to avoid being consumed.

Arlia jumped off one of the roof to attack the ghost. The moment the killer went to dodge the flame breath, she felt a tendril of strange form grab ahold of her. The assassin slashed through the ghost, landing in front of her lover. “You keep your hands off of him, you bitch.” Arlia exclaimed with a furious look on her face. “Filthy or not, he’s my beloved and I will not sit here and watch him die.”

The spectre cried out, more in anger then pain, as she pulled free. She laughed an angry laugh and flew away, yelling, “I have others to play with tonight! You can keep each other!” She darted into an alleyway.

Having little time to check up on Davon, Arlia dashed after the spectre… Melinda following close behind her.

Davon for his part cautiously approached the bloody mess by the fountain to see if he was well and truly dead yet. Zatch slowly opened one of his eyes, smiling up at Davon. “H-hey,” he mumbled softly.

“You look well and truly fucked mate.” Davon reached down, carefully picking up the little being, “Come on. Let them have their cat fight. Get you someplace where you aren’t in threat of making me look and smell like a butcher.”

Zatch nodded. “Hope they… can handle. Saw… under… not a…” He slowly closed his eyes, passing out.

Down in the alleyway, Melinda and Arlia caught sight of the floating form turning a corner. As they ran after her, however, the woman dived down from above, seeming to come out of nowhere with a pair of sheers aimed at Arlia.

Arlia ducked and rolled away, narrowly avoiding the attack. With the ghost seemingly vulnerable, Melinda sent three shadow tendril after her, hoping to deal some damage. They only seemed to knock her back, the magical force have no effect as she flew up and over the building. “Where are you looking?” their foe asked from behind Melinda, stabbing at her.

Blood oozed out of Melinda’s side as the sheers pierced her. Arlia, however, seemed to noticed something, her face that of examination. Even with Melinda newly formed pain tolerance, she knew that she to collapse to the pain if whatever the assassin had planned were to work. Arlia threw a kunai at the ghost, expecting to disappear like usual. She dodge to the side, the throwing knife hitting her dress as she darted around a corner. As they moved to pursue, the spectre swooped in behind Arlia, scissors aimed at her back.

“Hmm… Predictable…” Arlia muttered under her breath before turning around and retaliating with her own blade, the flash of steel that was faster than most could track going for the ghost’s side. The blade hit and, oddly enough, hit something solid. Not only that, but it seemed to get stuck as the woman lifted her scissors, aiming at Arlia’s face.

Arlia ducked once more as Melinda stabbed the figure with several tendrils, pinning the being to the wall. It wiggled and twitched, trying to get free. Its porcelain eyes looked over to the shadowmancer. “Guess you got me, huh? Why do you defend such vile men?”

“Because everyone can change.” Melinda replied with determination. “Yes, it takes time and can be hard to go through, but everyone can be taught to be good… just like I was.”

“Not everyone. You have no idea what men are really like.” She leaned her head forward. “Hey? Wanna know a secret? Take off my mask.”

Before Melinda had a time to prepare her response, Arlia had pulled off the mask that hid her face. “Enough with the games, it’s time to see who’s really behind these murders.”

Behind it was a head-shaped wooden block, with no features but a carved in smile. “Surprised?” she asked as another version of her moved to stab Arlia from behind.

Arlia was unable to stop the figure from stabbing into her back, falling to the ground from the pain. The two puppet woman laughed hysterically, the one stabbing again as another pair came down either end of the alleyway.

Melinda watched in terror as the puppets. She felt powerless to stop the onslaught of attackers. The shadowmancer fell to her knees, fear building up inside of her. However, the fear soon was replaced with rage, as magical energy formed inside of her. Melinda stood up slowly, the energized rage getting stronger and stronger. “ENOUGH!” The shadowmancer screamed demonically, a wave of pure dark energy consuming the alley. When it faded, all of the puppets were dismantled and destroyed. Melinda slowly walked down the alley, looking for their master.

Out in the center square, a half dozen more puppets swooped in. They reached under their dresses, pulling out a pair of scissor-like blades. As Melinda’s dark energy flicked and sparked in the air, she saw something that was invisible before. Coming out of each of their backs was string-like magic, made of a combination of light magic and chi. “You won’t stop us!” They all cried at once, charging Melinda.

Shadowy tendrils sprang out from Melinda, shredding through the puppets as she slowly followed the magic that led to the owner of the killers. The strings went upwards, until she saw the owner. A female form, dressed in a pure black dressed almost completely hidden in the shadows on a nearby rooftop. The closer she got, the more desperate the puppets got, done with subtlety and only trying to cut her completely down.

Three tendrils stabbed the woman, lifting her off the ground. Melinda slowly moved the puppeteer until she was inches away from the shadowmancer’s dark, soul piercing glare. “What gives you the right to dictate other people's lives and not face death yourself?”

The woman wore her own porcelain mask, though her human eyes could be seen underneath. “You don’t know what they’re like! The first three… cheaters. Womanizers. Abusers! But they weren’t enough. I couldn’t wait for them to harm their woman. So I expanded my search. The fourth, flirting with another woman. The fifth, frequently going to a strip club! The sixth… he had no one yet… but he kept flirting with a woman at a corner shop. She rejected him. She didn’t want him! So I took care of him before he could hurt her! Let me go! I need to destroy them before they could harm anyone else! LET ME GO!”

Melinda gritted her teeth, furious with her response. “You kill them because they were abusive and cheaters?” Melinda grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against the wall. “You say I don’t know what men are really like. Were you surrounded by five of them? Were you forcefully penetrated and filled with their seeds? Regardless of your willingness? Regardless of the fact that you didn’t give consent? Hell! I was too young to even think about those things at the time! And yet you say I have no idea how men are like? I think you’re the one that has no idea what they are like.”

“You’re… wrong…” The woman choked out, a few tears leaking out from under the mask. “I… know them. Users… abusers… slaves to their lust. They destroyed… everything. Help me… m-make them… pay.”

“The only one who needs to pay is you…” The shadowmancer muttered before snapping the killer’s neck with the flick of her wrist. Melinda dropped the corpse and fell to the ground, her body no longer able sustain the magic inside of her.

Thirty minutes later, the area was abuzz with constables and the like investigating. Arlia was off to the side being treated with Davon by her side, while Zatch had been moved to the nearby healer’s facility. Melinda recovered her energy near the body of the killer as an officer looked at the woman’s body of the ground, mask removed. He let out a long whistle at the woman’s face, a practical display of fade bruises and scars, the most glaring being slashed in the sides of her mouth and cheeks, her face permanently twisted into a smile. “Damn.” He looked over to Melinda. “Did you do any of that?”

Still dazed from the immense magical exertion, Melinda barely noticed the damage to her face. “No, I never had a chance to take off her mask.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Killing with a Smile
Part Three

Another officer walked by, shaking his head sadly. “Damn, Masha. Should have know…” He knelt down in front of her. “Sad story, this one. She was…” He scrunched his nose a bit. “Ugh… smells like… rotting meat.” He shook his head. “She smells like she’s been rotting for a while.” He stood up and walked over to Melinda. “You did good stopping her. This one was a messed up woman. A bit cracked in the head, you know?” He sighed and looked over to Arlia. “Hey, sir!” he called out to Davon. “The one who had the Netzi!”

Davon glanced over at the officer with a raised eyebrow, standing with his hands in his pockets. “What’s up?”

The man scratched his chin. “Look, you guys were being paid to find and stop her, so I was hoping you could help close this out. Me and the boys are busy here, and everyone else is dealing with cleanup or whatnot. I know this woman. She had a small dive down the street.” He pulled out a small piece of paper and wrote down an address. “Can you make sure she doesn’t have anything dangerous there or something else we should be worried about. I mean… you’re paid to handle danger, right? And you’re the only one of your buddies not on their last leg.”

“Fine. I got no problem with easy fetch duty.” He said a quick goodbye to Arlia, leaving almost immediately as to not waste time. However, the handwriting of the officer was atrocious, the assassin making two wrong turns before finding the rundown building. Building was being generous since it was more like an abandoned shed. He found the door locked though so with a small sigh and a swift kick the door was opened.

When he entered inside, he found much of the place covered in dust and rat feces, the smell of the place like decay. Going over to the only piece of furniture in the place other than the musty bed, he saw a few papers that seemed like bills. There was one from a grocery store, one from an old mill. It was odd, both the places that were shopped and where the money had come from. The dusty bag of gold lying strewn on the table certainly was an oddity. He just chalked it up to stolen, taking it and placing it into his bag. He was just about to leave before he noticed a trapdoor hastily covered by a tattered rug.

It was locked from the outside which he found odd, but used Rose to break off the rusty barrier before opening it and jumping down the shallow drop dug beneath the place. The first immediate thing to jump out at him was the smell. It was a mix of rotten meat and feces like he had never before had the displeasure of encountering. It was pitch black, so he took out a lighter, giving it a click before a small flame popped out to allow him to see.

This caused a figure in tattered rags to jump, slowly scurrying away and into a corner. “Go away!” she yelled in a hoarse, desperate voice. “Leave me be! Leave me alone! Wretched beast!”

“Now why does that voice sound familiar?” Davon rose his eyebrow and approached, “I thought Melinda killed you.”

“Don’t… know what your talking about.” The woman pushed backwards, but she had nowhere to run. With the small light on her, her face was exactly the same as the killer Melinda had dispatched, down to the terrible scars. “I don’t know you! Why are you here?!”

“I was asked to make sure there was nothing dangerous at your hidey hole. Didn't find anything other than gold and happened to stumble upon this locked hole.” Davon tapped his chin. “I assume since it was locked on the outside, you aren't down here voluntarily?”

She looked away. “He… he was done with me. They were all done with me. I was finished. Too ugly now to be seen with. Too stretched and used to give pleasure. Too weak to do anything for them. He left me…” A tear, streaked with blood, went down her cheek. “He left me down here. His secret. Left to die. Not needed anymore. But I wouldn’t die. Wouldn’t let those filthy, degenerate men live after what they did to me! What they do to all women!”

“Look lady, I know you’ve had a rough lot in life, but there is such thing as good men. You just associated with the bad ones.” He approached even more. She said it herself, she was too weak to do anything so there was no danger. He plopped down next to her. “So… I heard your name is… Masha? Correct?”

She leaned her body away from him. “So? You care? No one cares? Men don’t care. Even women don’t care. She wanted me dead. Snapped my final puppet’s neck with no remorse. She was like me. But better. She can walk. She can move about.” More tears fell. “She isn’t hideous. Made me look on the outside what he looked like on the inside…”

Davon chuckled suddenly, letting out a sigh. “You just pushed Melinda’s buttons. Honestly she is a harmless shy girl back home. As for you… well, you aren’t hideous. Just banged up, scarred and scared. Let the wounds heal and put on some make up, you’d actually be pretty passable.” Leaning his head back against the dirt wall, Davon patted her shoulder even though she was leaning away. “Look, I get hating the entire world. I didn’t sell myself and plan to murder all men but I know the feeling of not being able to see the light. I… well, I had a girl I really, really loved when I was younger. It turned out she wasn’t being sincere with me but… you know what, I still loved her. You got to learn that humans as a general rule are bad creatures. But if you can see past their flaws, you find some true things to love about them. It is the job of dark gods and mindless monsters to want humanity dead.” He gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze, “You don’t really look like a monster or god to me.”

She lowered her head more. “I didn’t sell myself,” she whispered. “He sold me.” She slowly looked up at him, the light dancing across the smile-like scar giving a creepy visage. “I am finished. I am not like you. I can not face the world. And I have killed too many. Please… they already think I’m dead. Just… j-just make it so.”

Davon blinked a few times, then laughed even harder than before, this time for longer and more sincerely. “You are right about one thing, you aren’t like me. Your kill count is much, much lower than mine. I’ve killed scumbags and murderers but… before I found my moral code, I didn’t see the difference between guilty or innocent. I took contracts and did them. I… I’m not happy with everything I have done, but I live with them, and I learn from those lessons. You… well, you are just trying to quit before you even get the chance to grow. How old are you? You’re pretty small, but given how gaunt you are you can’t be that much younger than me.”

Her eyes darted about in thought. “I was married off seven years ago when I was… um… I-I was… fourteen? Has it been seven? Time… has been hard to keep track of…”

“Well, that’s good enough for me. For argument’s sake you are about 22. There is still so much more ahead of you. Just need a little kick in the ass to get you there. Like you said, people think you are dead now. All you need now is a new start.” Davon explained.

She lowered her head again. “H… how? I am too weak to move. I am too hideous to not draw attention. I have no money. I have no home. I have nothing. Even my puppets were all destroyed.”

“Well, lucky for you I have a strong upper body, money, a very large estate that houses all the things a young woman needs… and me and you are connected.” Davon swallowed a bit, shaking his head as he took off the glove he wore on his left hand, holding it out to her. There was a massive scar in the middle of it. “This I got defending a girl I knew years ago. She was going to be killed unless I did something, so I did. I held out my hand, and the blade pierced straight through. Luckily enough I could afford healers so I didn’t have to lose it but… touching things are faint. Go on, you can touch it. I don’t care. It’s real, I assure you.”

She ran her fingers across it, her hand shaking slightly from the effort. “L-looks… like it must have really hurt.”

Davon nodded, “Yeah, it really did. But it is weird. At the time I felt no pain. I only knew I had to save someone I thought deserved a second chance.” The assassin closed his hand around hers softly, “Want to give the world a second chance too? It’ll be hard, I know. But every journey needs to start with a step. If you don’t want to put in the effort and take that step into a new life… I can make this… shit hole your final resting place. But come on… you don’t seem like a quitter to me.” The noble whispered to her softly, pulling her into a soft yet firm embrace.

She sighed softly, a small smile adorning her face. “I… I would like to try that second chance. Thank you.”

He nodded, getting up and kneeling down in front of her. “Get on. I’ll bring you to the inn I’m staying at. Get you some food, a nice hot shower, and some nice soft clothes you can wear in a warm bed.”

“That would be lovely,” she whispered, leaning against his back and closing her eyes.

Davon crawled out of the pit with his special cargo in tow, kicking closed the hatch. It surprised him he would actually miss stale, musty air that smelled like sex but for some crazy reason he did. Looking around, he knew no one would miss this place. Using his lighter, he set the bed on fire, shifting the light woman on his back so she could be more comfortable as he left the soon to be pile of ashy cinders behind.

ExoGrim

Hope and Fear
ZombieSplitter53 and ExoGrim

Stormrend
Reinhold Estate
June 14th, 3349
9:13pm

Eraqus stood over a table in one of the meeting rooms, looking over a simple map of the palace, something that was a bit outdated but the best they could get. "We'll have to be quick," he said to Zatch and Even. "We'll have to be quiet. And above all else, we have to be smart. I'm sure this double has more then a small resemblance to the princess. We screw up, Stormrend declares war on the Havenbrook Organization."

The other two nodded, packing up their notes and heading off to get some lunch. Eraqus stayed behind, slowly memorizing the layout for the tenth time.

Melinda found herself next to the door that let into the meeting room in question. She noticed the Elf overlooking the map. Walking in cautiously, she asked. "Hey, how have you been?"

He slowly looked up. "Oh, hey. Um... busy. Trying to figure out how we are going to deal with this mess without having to expose... someone. Uh... what about you? How is you training?"

"My training is going well." Melinda responded, sitting on one of the chairs in the room. "I've been getting better at managing the energy that comes from my magic."

"And what about your... mother?" He looked at her curiously. "Have you been able to communicate with the voice and remember? Determine if it is actually her?"

"No, I haven't been able to keep those memories for very long, though I have been slowly recalling the times where did managed to gain control." Melinda sighed. "If only I had the things I needed to that damned ritual... Then I could finally put this problem to rest."

"Those three lost items?" Eraqus went through some papers, finding one and slipping it in front of her. "Does this garner any memories?"

The drawing contained an amulet with a dark purple gem in it's center. Just from the picture, the jewel was well crafted and chipped to finest detail. The metal surrounding the gem took the shape of a cobra like creature, with many demonic features on it. Melinda's eyes seemed to widen as she looked at the picture. "That's a Voidstone placed inside an amulet. Only a skilled shadow mage would be able to make such a thing. Where did you find this drawing?"

"It was on a black market sale held by the Noir," Eraqus answered. "We believe it is one of the ritual items you are looking for."

"Really?" Melinda looked at the picture again. "Do you know where it is now? Perhaps we can find a way to get it from them."

"Unfortunately, it is no longer in Stormrend. It was sold. However." Eraqus gave her an encouraging smile. "We know who bought it."

"Who is it then?" Melinda inquired, seeming to be both excited and impatient.

Eraqus pushed forward a picture of a stern looking made. "Drago Van Henley. He is one of the richest men in Mirandia. One of the richest in the world. Henley is the head of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the east. He is also a collector of rare and exotic magic items and stones. Apparently, he won this one in a single bid by offering a ridiculous amount right off the bat."

"I guess I know where I'm going after we're done here." The shadowmancer muttered.

"Not alone, your not." Eraqus gave her a serious look. "This man is not one to take lightly. He has money. He has guards. And considering where he bought that amulet, I'm sure you already guessed that he isn't exactly a stand up man."

"That's where you guys come in right?" Melinda giggled lightly. "You're going to go with me to make sure I don't get hurt and that things will be easier because we'll be in a group."

Eraqus smiled. "That's the plan, yeah. Just as long as you promise to be a good girl and not try something silly like going off on your own."

Melinda rolled her eyes. "No need to worry about that. I'm not that stupid."

"Not saying you are but... never can be too sure." Eraqus stood up and sighed. "Before then, though, we have to worry about surviving this."

"Right, but, if Arlia does fail... how are we supposed to deal with this Malder person?" Melinda asked, concern in her voice. "From what I've heard, he's faster than almost everyone here."

"Well, that's why we brought two A rank Hunters and myself." Eraqus frowned. "I'm not going to lie. We suspect that there is a good chance at least one of us might not make it. But if he is as bad as Arlia says, he needs to be taken out."

"Right, let's just hope nothing too bad happens while you're out there." Melinda lowered her gaze, her mind focused on the worst possible outcome.

Eraqus sighed. "Hey, Melinda?"

"Yes?" She looked back up at him.

He gave an encouraging smile. "Don't worry about it too much, okay? Things tend to look bleak around here, but we always seem to come through. So don't let it get you down."

"Right, sorry." Melinda stated. "I just fear for the worst."

"No need to apologize." Eraqus started to gather his papers. "So, I heard you did well on your mission. Killed the killer, though no one was around to see that fight. Everything go okay?"

"Yeah, everything went fine... just had a bit of a outburst." Melinda admitted. "But I saved everyone's lives, so I can't get too mad at myself for it."

Eraqus nodded. "Good to hear, though I am curious about what caused the outburst."

Melinda sighed. "It was the murder's puppets attacking Arlia."

Eraqus nodded. "Well, at least it was understandable. Still, you need to continue working on self control. Losing your cool could cost you on the battlefield."

"I know." Melinda replied irritably. "it's just... I don't know how to control it."

He walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Patience. Practice. You can do this. You just have to keep working on it. Remember, I'm here to help you. We all are."

The shadowmancer wiped away the tear that started to form in her left eye. "Thank you. You don't know how much I appreciate it."

Eraqus nodded. He reached back and grabbed the picture of the amulet, handing it to her. "And once we get the chance, we have a special little item to help you find."

"Right, good luck with Malder than." Melinda stood up from her seat and made her way to the door. "Let's hope that all of you make it out alive."

"Yeah..." Eraqus turned back to the table. "Let's hope."

"I'll see you after the fight then." Melinda said as she began to turn the corner.

Last edited:

Black0ut

ZombieSplitter53 & Black0ut present:
A Stray Burglar

11:46 p.m.

June 14th, 3349

The halls of the family estate were silent, as most had gone to bed, with the exception of the few staff with nightly duties. Titania walked slowly, dressed in a simple, white t-shirt coupled with a pair of black pants. She glanced around the manor with a semblance of respect; she had seen many manors, a few private estates, and a castle in her youth, but she still had to say Davon's estate was one of the better ones she had seen.

She sighed as memories of her past flooded to the surface, threatening to bubble over. Titania, instead laid down, her bestial side demanding sleep. In a few moments, she was sound asleep, unaware of the other being near her.

A figure in all black expertly unlocked the window and snuck inside. He rubbed his hands eagerly, scanning the room and all the loot on display. His eyes rested on the silent figure, sleeping soundly. Or at least he hoped as he tiptoed over to make sure.

Titania slightly stirred, murmuring out something incomprehensible as she rolled her head over in the direction of the figure.

"Oh... why hello, love," he whispered, smiling slyly. He stared at her for a few moments, admiring her figure. He finally stepped away before he did something undignified. Not seeing anything worth stealing while another person was there, at least not yet, he slipped the door open with only the slightest creek and moved into the main hall.

Titania's ears twitched at the noise, and her eyes slowly opened. She peered at the door for a second as she tried to get her bearings. "I guess I need to head back to bed... could've sworn I closed my eyes for a second. Must've left the door open..." Titania murmured sleepily, stumbling slightly as she stood up and headed towards the door.

Peering out, she saw a shadow. At first, it seemed to only be something outside a window, though it passed over a small display of old, rare coins, and the coins disappeared.

Titania started moving a bit more faster, as her mind started to become more clear. After a moment or two, she broke out into run, planning to tackle the shadow to the ground.

The intruder spun around in surprise. "Oh, bloody hell..." She was on him before he had time to think. In mere moments, she had him pinned to the ground, the various coins spilling all over the place.

"We're going to have a nice, long chat about why you're in here..." Titania growled, her teeth and claws sharpening into daggers as she partially transformed.

"Wait, wait, wait!" he called desperately, wishing he could pull off his mask, though Titania's nails were currently digging into his wrists. "I-it's me, love! Remember? Stitch? I-I'm just on the job, ya see?"

Titania paused and slowly got up with an irritated groan. "Of all the- Stitch. You have one hell of a bad luck streak." Titania rubbed her head gently to avoid cutting herself with her claws. "Sorry about the claws, the ears and claws are my thrope thing... sorry."

"It's all good, love." He sat up, pulling the mask off. "Guess I should 'ave let you know I was coming, huh?"

"Yeah... would've let me warn you that this ain't the house to rob." Titania moved her hand to stare at him. "Why did you come here, Stitch?"

"Because you said you had a job for me." He looked around. "I thought... this was the job. Wanted me to hit up some other place?”

Titania stared at him blankly for a moment before a burst of laughter escaped her lips, before a warm grin settled on her face. "Nah, kiddo. That wasn't the job. The job's what I do."

"Oh?" He tilted his head slightly. "And what is that... exactly? Huntin' racoon dogs with a bit of magic?"

"You're so adorable... I'm a Hunter. And being a Hunter, as long as the Guild is fair with pay, means a multitude of gigs. Maybe you need to steal something on the down-low for a client. Maybe you need to sneak into an area and let your Guildmates in. And the gold coins you earn is pretty nice. I'm thinking about splurging for some Mithril armor, which is ridiculously expensive." Titania rambled happily, before realizing she had begun to drift off-topic. "Anyways, I'm what you'd call a Frontliner Hunter, your typical warrior. There are more mage-like Hunters who cast great destructive spells, and then there's the rogues. The rogues teach each other and tend to have gigs outside the Guild, but that's basically only for Hunter Rogues.”

"And you think that would be good... for someone like me?" Stitch held his hand behind his head and rocked back and forth. "I don't know. Not really the team player type. Besides, I doubt your boss would give me a job."

"With a recommendation from me, yeah... you could get a job. And depending on how well you impress her... you'll get some good pay. And if not, I'll pay you to sneak around and gather intel. I'll also hook you up with some of the Hunter Rogues. Is that better?" Titania asked, as she reverted back into her mostly human form.

"Mmm... I guess." Stitch rubbed the back of his head. "This is real, right? Your not one of those government ladies that offers me a place to eat and sleep, then a bunch of guys spring on me and ship me off to the kinda orphanage with guards and metal bars, are you? Because I escapes those before and I'll do it again."

Titania merely grinned at his words. "If I was, I doubt digging my claws into you would be allowed. But beyond my words, and me not turning you in to the assassin who owns this place, you ain't got much to go on besides my words. So... I guess that means you got to make a choice. Stay in bigoted Stormrend, or come with me to Serasam, where it's way better?"

"Hmm..." Stitch took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright, love. You got yourself a deal. If it doesn't work out, at least I got somewhere new to explore, right?"

"Right. So... umm... what was I- oh! Right. You don't want anything in this house. The assassin is kinda... protective of his stuff, so if you have anything..." Titania trailed off, letting the teen guess what she meant.

He reached into his pockets, pulling out a plethora of pinched items that made Titania question how he could hold them all. "I mean... if he doesn't catch me, does it really matter? We can just keep it between us."

"Kid... it's still a bad idea, considering he's good at torture. And he'd be one of the people I'd recommend for training." Still staring at the ridiculous amount of stolen items, she murmured, "How...? So many things...?"

Stitch sighed, and stood up. "Alright, alright. I'll put the back." He rushed off with them, returning a few minutes later. He knelt down to pick up the coins that had fallen, his eyes lighting up as he stared at a particular shiny gold coin. It seemed the cat ears on his head gave him an attraction to shiny objects.

"I'll give ten silver if you put it back in exactly the right order in twenty seconds." Titania bribed, as she awaited the mad scramble from the young thief to begin.

He blinked and shook his head. He quickly spread out the coins in front of him, attempting to recall the exact pattern. Moving rapidly, he placed the coins in their display with one second to spare. "I think that is right, love? Kinda hard to see."

Titania smiled, and nodded. "Perfect. And with one second to spare." Turning away from him, she lifted the hidden coinpurse from between her bosom, and proceeded to take ten silver coins out. Turning back to the kid, she held her hand out. "Here you go."

He took them, running them around in his hands. "I could split now and be happy with this." He looked into her eyes. "But I don't want to see that disappointed look in your eyes again."

"So... you'll stay?" Titania asked, trying to state the obvious just in case she had gotten her hopes up for nothing.

Stitch smiled at her. "Dah, I knew I made you love me. How can I make such a pretty lady fall for me and not stick around. I'll stay."

Rushing towards him at high speed she effortlessly lifted him into the air, and swung him around haphazardly. She smiled, before realizing what she was doing. "N-not true! And, uh... sorry for the... uh..."

Stitch laughed. "W-wow. I was just kidding, love. Guess you really do like me. Guess there is a first time for everything."

Titania blushed and gently punched the kid's shoulder. "Oh, stop it. I'm way too old for you, Stitch. Just... happy you decided to come along."

He nodded. "Just hope the others are as accommodating as you." He looked around. "Uh, what now? Should I come back in the morning, or..."

"Oh. Right. Um... you can stay in my room. It should prove a good place to sleep until I can talk to the man who owns this place. Follow me and I'll show you where it is." Titania replied, as she started walking in a direction, presumably to her room.

Stitch grinned, quickly following along. "You sure have some rich friends? What is the place in Serasam like?"

Black0ut

A Stray Burglar, cont.

"A bit like this one, but with more Hunters around. What's your real name?" She asked, not missing a beat.

"What do you mean?" Stitch asked. "I told you, it's Stitch."

"Sounds like you gave it to yourself rather than a parent giving it to you. Kinda makes me a bit curious, Stitch."

He looked to the side, frowning. "Well... maybe my birth name was stupid... and embarrassing. Maybe I hated it."

"If I had to guess it's a pretty cool name, and besides, I've heard far worse in my job, so if you can top off a dude wanting me to call him Jingle Jangles, I'll be impressed. And no, that story is for if and when you get me drunk." Titania joked, trying to ease the teen's anxiety.

He remained silent for several seconds before muttering, "Ashley..."

"That was it? Dude, that's not even a really bad name. Tell you what; I have a reputation as a badass. If anyone gives you shit at the guild, they can come talk to me. Just, uh, let me know if I got trouble heading my way, Ash." Titania offered, slowing down to give the teenager a pat on the back.

He smiled again. "Thanks. You're a lot better then my parents were. Pair of Nechers. You know, with the love and peace and only organic stuff and a sandals and flowers. Named me Ashley because I was 'their beautiful child deserving of a beautiful name'. Never mind it was a girl name! I tell you... the other kids? Never let me hear the end of it..."

"Well, at the Guild, if you go by Ash, you could say it's cause your name's Asheton. Might stem the tide of embarrassment, and bonus, you get to use part of your real name... that sound good?"

He scratched his chin. "I guess... it sounds a bit cooler then Stitch, huh?"

"Kiddo, do the shit you want to and when you gain a few names from people pick one of those. I got two I like and use; one is the the Red Thrope, kinda for how I look mid-battle with a lot of foes, and the other is... 'mom'. I guess you can figure out why I get called the second one." Titania smirked, as she put her hands behind her head.

He laughed. "Yeah, well... don't worry." He skipped ahead, turning and giving her a wink. "I won't treat you like mom, love."

“Ah, so flirting with me is better?" Titania chuckled, as they arrived at her door. "Well, here it is, Ash. Let me get the door for you..." Keeping true to her word, she opened the door and gestured inside.

He hesitated for a moment. The expression on his face was hard to read as he nervously stepped forward.

Titania put a hand on his back, trying to comfort him. "What's wrong?"

"I... I-I don't know. I just... nothing ever works out for me, so... s-so if I walk in there... I'm sure something bad is going to happen..."

"Ash. I ain't going to lie to you, being a Hunter... it'll be tough. But you'll gain a family at the Havenbrook Manor, one that'll treat you well, and will protect you no matter what. And if that fails, I'll be there to give you a helping hand, 'cause I promise... I ain't going anywhere" Titania pulled the young teenager in for a hug, as she tried to imagine what he had to go through as a stray in a hostile country.

He closed his eyes, hugging her back. "Alright, Titania. I... I trust you."

"I appreciate that. Now, go get some sleep. You'll need it in the morning, m'kay?" She said gently, rubbing his back before letting go so he could walk into her room.

He nodded. He briefly looked at the bed, a grin on his face. But ultimately, he made his way to the couch, perfectly sized for him. He jumped on and sighed contently, closing his eyes.

Titania smiled and shook her head. What a sweet kid... I think I he'll do fine at the guild... Mina's totally going to scold me. But seeing this kid struggling, alone, and basically on track to a short life? No... I don't think I would be able to let him suffer in the streets. Titania thought, as she went over to the boy and lifted him up gently. She then proceeded to her bed, and laid him down. "Ash... just accept the offer to sleep on a fancy bed. You won't get to try it once you get back to the Guild."

"As you wish, love." He opened one eye and smiled. "That mean we're going to have a good ol' roll in the hay?"

Titania snorted, "Only in your wildest dreams, Ash." She then went to the couch and laid down.

"Ah, come on. Don't lay over there. It's a big bed." He tapped the other side of the bed. "Promise I'll keep my hands to myself."

"Nah, sleeping on beds is weird to me. I mean, I use to sleep in beds like the one you're in, but... time changes people." She replied with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Anyways... just enjoy the bed, Ash."

He looked over to her with a somewhat sad look before laying back. "Good night. And... thank you."

Titania yawned, more tired than she originally was. "No problem, Ash. Everyone deserves to have... a second ... chance." She murmured as sleep finally gained a foothold.

The boy sat up, watching her drift asleep. He considered his options. Considered everything that had been said and discussed. Finally, he decided to lay back down and close his eyes. Sleep in a big, comfy bed sounded like a great idea.

Dahlexpert

Stormrend
Local inn
July 15, 3349
8:13Pm

Charter stood out of the rented bed and stretched his arms and got out of bed and stretched some more. Charter went to the side of the room and he looked outside and sees Slone sleeping, charter went down the stairs to get some food to see Elma at one of the tables just staring at some bread. “Elma your up early, is something wrong?”

Elma looked at the bread like she was looking into space. “I failed today when you and everyone else were fighting that shapeshifter I stood there and did nothing. And I over think things and I could do nothing to help any of you. I thought about what if I messed up what if I hit one of you and injure you all, what if I.”

“But you didn’t because you panicked.” Charter sat across from Elma and looked at his sister who looked depressed and on the verge of tears. “Look Elma how long have you been training with me?”

“A few months now, what does that have to do with anything?”

“The point is you been training for combat for a few months now, combat training takes months in not years do deal with to get better. Now you have an advantage because you been training with magic for years, so you know what you’re doing with your magic you just need to get over the fear of killing.

“How can I do that, I never killed before.”

“Yes you have for weeks you been hunting animals for weeks now so you know how to kill, but you just don’t want to kill people because you still don’t want to get used to it and I understand that.”

Elma looked down and a small tear came down her face. “The world is hard Charter bandits

Monsters and other creatures that want to kill good people, I can’t do it Charter it’s too hard for me.”

“That’s because you’re used to Mirandia and its walls keeping things like that out, look Elma I understand you’re not used to this type of action your still sheltered and that’s fine but you have to understand something. You’re not in the army this is a guild, we protect people from monsters bandits and whatever else were hired for so what you need to understand is that it’s fine that your scared but find your own way to do things, were not done is stormrend yet.

Elma smiled at Charter. “I appreciate it brother, so you really think my time will come?”

“Yes it will, now don’t beat yourself up. It’s your first mission and you’re inexperienced with battle so when the next time we have a battle just stay calm and remember to breath and don’t panic.”

“I will try, I’m not sure if I can but I will try. I appreciate this Charter I really do so thank you for not only the training but for trying to cheer me up.”

“Hay were family and I have nine years to catch up on so I better be doing a good job.” Charter tapped the table.” Hay Elma did I ever tell you what was it like for me to kill for the first time?”

Elma looked at her brother confused.” No you haven’t I never asked because I thought it would be rude.”

“Heh I don’t blame you normally it would be rude normally but this is a special case. Ugh I was about I don’t know fifteen and the captains brought me a captured person, I had no idea who they were what they done or anything about them the captains told me to kill that person when I refused to do so they hit me for it. After a while I plunged my sword into the mas and afterword’s I vomited.”

Elma covered her mouth in shock. “That’s awful Charter they shouldn’t have made you do that.”

“Well what’s done is done, after a while I killed more and more but I’m not a monster no am I a evil do you see Elma. Killing does not make you a bad person it depends if you chose to be that person.”

Elma nodded her head.” I understand now, I still don’t want to get used to killing but I will do what I can to help people.”

Charter rubbed Elma head. “That’s the idea Elma no go on and eat we still have work to do.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
MarineAvenger & ZombieSplitter53
A Long Road to Recovery
Part One

Daylight faded out the window of the Waterhorse Inn, the sound of higarashi in the distance going from barely audible to deafening at times. Davon had delayed their departure back to the capital, though was light on the details as to why or exactly who the scarred up young woman he had found was, though had convinced Arlia to clean her up a bit.

Weak and quite unhealthy, she lay asleep with a cold towel over her head, her breathing labored. She had been given a mild sedative after a freak out when the doctor Davon had brought in tried to examine her.

Said doctor stood over a table with Davon, looking over a medical portrait of a female body. He ran a finger over the legs. "We'll have to wait for the fever to break before we start. When we are ready, we'll have to carefully rebrake her bones where they healed wrong and set them right, using medical magic to put them together and metal clamps to hold them in place. Once they are healed, alchemy will be used to transmit the clamps into iron and calcium to strengthen to bones, so there is no need for another surgery to remove them. We'll do the same for a few broken ribs she has."

He moved up to the head. "This... will be the hard part. We can fix the deformations by, again, rebreaking the parts of her skull that have been knocked out of place and putting them back together correctly. As for her mouth and cheeks, I have an expert of Chrono-reconstruction I know in Fairaven. This twisted smile is less then six months old, so he should be able to reverse the wounds. This is the advanced form of the medical magic that saved your hand, but... this will be a first time he will be using it outside of trial work and it can be risky. As far as I know, however, it will be the only thing to restore her face."

"It is worth the risk. How were her... Pregnancy tests?" He asked cautiously.

The doctor hesitated. "I, um... she..." He looked over to her and lowered his voice. "She is not pregnant. She... She can't get pregnant. We can do a genital reconstruction procedure. It is expensive, but we can restore shape, nerve endings, and appearance. But her insides were shredded. Unless you gain favor with Pendener or Ryn'Vandem themselves, she isn't having any children."

"Money is no object for me doctor. Do it. As for the god's favor I am sure I can see what I can do." Davon sighed, sitting down on the bed next to her. "Anything else we need to discuss before she wakes up?"

"Only that I hope you understand that there is only so much we can do about the older scars. We'll do our best, but... our best is all we have." He adjusted his glasses. "There is also the problem of her need to stay at the hospital for at least a few days and her... obvious androphobia."

"I will stay with her as long as need be. She feels safe and comfortable around me. I will try and make sure that things go as smoothly as possible. If the hospital doesn't work I will bring her home and have her examined there." His hand went and intertwined with hers. "I want to see her get better. She deserves it after that hell."

"No doubt." The doctor gathered up his supplies. "Do you know who did this to her? They should be paying for this, both financially and with a prison sentence."

"Trust me doc... They got what came to them." Davon said with a smirk, brushing her hair to the side with his hand, worried.

She stirred, and the doctor quickly finished packing up. "I will get the arrangements taken care of. With the funds you have offered us, you'll likely save our hospital from going under or being bought out by the Noir." He put his hat on and bowed. "See you soon."

He stepped out of the room as Masha's eyes slowly opened. She moved her eyes from side to side, scanning the room. "Where...?"

"Welcome back sleepy. How's that warm bed?"

She jumped, or at least the closest she could come to jumping in her weakened state, until she saw who was speaking. "O-oh... I... I thought... It might have been... a dream." She lowered her gaze. "Perhaps the last warm images before drifting into Grimora's clutches..."

"That would be cruel." He noted.

"But fitting." She sighed. "Not like someone with me sins is going to Elysio when I die. I'm too... unclean anyway..."

"Come on." Davon gave her head a sniff. "I smell Lilac. Smells pretty clean to me. Better then that shit smell."

She laughed softly. "That's all thanks to your girlfriend. You know..." She looked up into his eyes. "The one I tried to stab to death. Wonder if she would have been so helpful if she knew who I was..."

"Arlia's an assassin too, but shecan hold a grudge. Best not to let it slip to her or Melinda you are actually Masha." Davon warned.

"That'll be a little hard, don't you think?" She lightly brushed a hand over her cheek. "She saw my final doll. And my face is very distinctive."

"Yeah... About that..." Davon scooched closer, laying beside her. "I talked to the doctor. Your older scars will remain, but they will fade with healing. All the others I am paying to be healed. You'll be even more pretty, you might be able to walk and... And I okayed a procedure to fix you... Down there. Unfortunately, without a god's help... Conceiving is near impossible. But you will be able to feel down there again. Just like you were never sold."

She slowly turned her head away. "W... Why? Why are you doing all this for some... some who're off the streets that tried to kill your friends?"

"I don't know... Maybe I just took a liking to this particular whore." Davon expressed nonchalantly.

"I don't think your girlfriend would appriciate that," the scarred woman Responded, looking back and giving him a look that was hard to read.

"Look, I said it once and I'll say it again. I feel like I get you in a way. How you feel. I'm not repairing you for my own uses. As soon as you are healed, you are free to go whenever you like. I am just giving you a chance to start again."

She weakly sat up. "But it will cost so much! How can you afford it?! How will I ever pay you back?! Don't you see? I'm... just a... waste..." She started coughing uncontrollably, one of the bandaged wounds over her eye started bleeding again.

Davon sighed, putting his arm around the woman, letting her calm down while resting on his shoulder by the nape of the neck, "Ssh... Calm down. You are no waste Masha. Don't say that about yourself." He stroked her hair lightly.

As she calmed down, she rested her head against him, out of breath. After a while of silence, she whispered, "Not... my name..."

"Hm? What do you mean?" Davon whispered back, cradling the gaunt woman as she snuggled into him.

"My name. It isn't Masha." She let out a sad sigh. "Masha was the name of his dog when he was a kid. He thought it was perfect for me."

"Well that doesn't sound suitable. The only similarity you hold with a dog is the fact you are both unintentionally cute." Davon complimented, "What was it before?"

"Ma... m-ma..." She froze, not realizing until now she had forgotten her name. It had been nearly eight years since she used it. For the longest time, she sat in silence while Davon waited patiently. She finally recalled a fond moment with her grandmother, who she had been named After, and a small smile appeared on her face. "Marlena."

"Marlena..." Davon mulled over the name for several moments, then smiled, "Love it. It's beautiful."

"Stop." She shook her head. "It... it's just a name. I only don't like Masha because I'm not a dog person..."

"It's cuuute." Davon teased.

"Stoooop," she said in an annoyed tone, but couldn't help but smile.

Davon chuckled, holding her closer.

Marlena shifted her eyes back and forth. "If... i-if Arlia walked in on you holding me like this..."

"I'd explain my way out of it. You're my responsibility." Davon responded softly, "Besides, she should know by now she is my girl."

"I... I'm going to have to go to the hospital for a while, huh? Can I only have female doctors?"

"Unfortunately no. There are no experts who are women for what you need. Do not worry. You will be asleep the entire time. You can dream of me." He suggested proudly.

"But if they were to do something? Men can be so dirty... deceitful... if they were to do something like that, I would have to kill them all."

"I can be dirty too. Yet here you are snuggling me like a toy animal."

She blushed a bit. "M... m-maybe... I should kill you too... if you are a dirty man, I mean."

"Go ahead." Davon whispered, leaning close to her face.

She leaned back a bit. "I-I mean it. I... I-I've killed men for less."

"I am still breathing." He taunted.

She pouted. "That... that is simply because I have decided you are not worth it. Simple as that."

"I highly doubt that. You didnt kill me when we first met down in that hole. Even if you were weak." He got closer, "And you are a bit stronger now."

She slowly smiled, and lightly pushed his face away, giggling. "You're weird! Anyone ever tell you that?"

"Everyone who associates with me." Davon noted, letting out a sigh, "You're worth it. Worth it to me to fix. I don't expect anything in return. As I said, not all men are monsters, in fact, 99 out of a 100 times they aren't."

She gave him a skeptical look. "99 out of 100? Isn't that a little high?"

"If you knew how the world really was, no." Davon countered, getting off the bed and taking off his top jacket, exposing his ripped, scarred chest. "I'm gonna take a shower too."

She blushed a bit, though it was hard to tell on her face. "U-uh... Yeah. Y-you should do that. Wash off all that smelling man stink, you know?"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Long Road to Recovery
Part Two

"You didn't seem opposed to my musk when you were crawling all over me ready to tear my pants off." He retorted.

"I did nothing of the sort!" Marlena contended. "You have a dirty imagination! Dirty boy!"

"You don't sound so honest on that denial." He noted, turning around to show her his front.

Marlena quickly darted under the covers, shouting, "You're such a pervert! I'm going to tell your girlfriend on you!"

Davon only chuckled in response. He went into the bathroom to leave Marlena with his firm mental image in her head.

Several days later, Marlena had been given her procedure. Me incredible amount of funds Davon had offered the hospital put them all on edge, worried of screwing it up or leaving either him or the patient unsatisfied. Because of this, the specialist was brought in with utmost haste and everything was done in one extensive, intesnse, twenty-three hour straight surgery involving nearly every surgeon in the hospital and a few borrowed from others.

As pure request, Marlena had been brought to Davon's mansion for her recovery. Two female doctors stayed with her at all times, and several times a day she would wake up screaming, in fear or pain or both. Her vitals kept jumping, and temperature rose and fell dramatically. All were worried the physical and mental strain was too much, but finally, after three days, she had settled down. She seemed stable.

Everyone was gathered at the mansion. All of their missions a success, they were enjoying Davon's hospitality while preparing for a dangerous mission, involving a move against what was believed to be the princess that could end extremely bad from them all and the Havenbrook Organization if it went wrong. Davon himself waited for word about his guest in the billiards room. With him, enjoying a glass of scotch, was a Netzi that was lucky to be alive. "They say ten more minutes, Zatch is dead. But you are quick. Zatch thanks you. You are friend and ally, true and true."

"Interesting fact you didnt want to take the surgery I offered. Your girl like a man with scars?" The human noble asked as he leaned against the table.

"Very into. Like rough man. Battle hardened. These go over well." Zatch cleared his throat. "Just keeping fact these from scissors between you and Zatch. And, uh... Zatch screaming like scared child because thinking ghost, okay?"

"Secret is safe with me. Just so long as the case is closed and everything silently goes away. Let Masha finally have her deserved rest in the afterlife after such a cruel existence."

"Sure, sure." Zatch leaned back. "Zatch holds no grudges to dead. Sad for men dying. Sad for crazy lady." He flinched, holding his side. "Ouch. Job rough. We finish here, me and girl, Elluviana. Long vacation. Very nice this year time."

Davon quickly stood, nodding to the guard. "Sounds lovely Zatch. Be sure to write me all about it. You know where I live now." He said urgently, going over to hear the report.

Zatch blinked a few times, but simply returned to his drink. For him, the best booze was booze someone else was paying for.

The doctor, a young woman in her early years sent over to cover for the exhausted doctors, bowed her head. "It's time, my Lord. We're ready to remove her bandages."

"Well then... Moment of truth. Lead the way." He urged with an air of impatience.

"Of course." She led him down the hallways, on odd feeling considering it was his home and she had only been here for a couple days. "She woke up an hour ago. She has been rushing us quite a bit. An impatient one, that one. We had to check with the hospital to make sure it was okay. Time to, um... s-see if they did right by her... and you."

"Do not worry." Davon stated more calmly, "Even if not everything works out, you will be paid."

"Well, it is also a matter of reputation. You are the head of the great Reinholds." She opened the door. "After you."

"Davon?" Marlena called out in a muffled voice.

With a deep breath, the nobleman stepped inside, approaching cautiously and slowly taking her hand. "How do you feel Lena?"

"Lena?" She tilted her completely bandaged head. "I like that. Um... I feel... whoozy? Too much sleep, though the doctors say I was awake a few times. I don't remember though. Did I say or do anything bad?"

"You were mewling in ecstasy while murmuring my name from what I heard missy." He teased as he sat down on her bed.

"Dirty boy..." She placed a hand against her face. "It hurts a little."

"That is because they restored your nerves," the second doctor explained. "It will be sensitive for a while."

Marlena slowly lowered her arms. "I... I-I'm worried."

"What about. This should be the most exciting moment of your life." Davon encouraged, squeezing her hand a bit harder. "You are going to be normal again. Your second chance, remember?"

"What if I'm not?" She leaned forward a bit. "What if I'm just as hideous?"

"I'll just compliment and bug you till you think otherwise." He stubbornly challenged her with a grin. "Come on... Let's start undressing you."

Lena gasped, and the doctor rolled her eyes. "He means you bandages." She nudged Davon's shoulder as she walked by. "You are a naughty boy." She stepped to the girl's other side, slowly removing the bandages as the young woman shook nervously.

"What can I say, it eases her." He snarkily remarked though his foot tapped on the ground exactingly.

It felt like it was taking forever, but it was really only about two minutes. As skin was exposed, Davon saw smooth skin. He saw healthy skin. He also saw scars and scratches, some small, some glaring. Finally, the last of the bandages fell away, and she stared at Davon curiously.

The noble smiled sweetly, "Wow... Quite the looker Lena. A masterpiece if womanhood." He told her honestly, ignoring the scarring.

Her eyes dipped. "Y-you... you said that before the procedure. You... you're just trying to be nice..."

"I said it before because I knew it would be true. Now chin up. How do you feel? Everything... In shape now?"

She slowly ran her hands across her face. She noticed the scars, but focused on the cheeks. "The smile, it... i-it's gone! H-hope? It was so big and deep..."

"But still fresh enough that it could be treated by a specialist. No ordinary doctor could do it. Your legs were also healed and strengthened and with some therapy you should be able to walk in the future. And lastly... Well, I think the female should explain more in depth before she hits me again."

The doctor chuckled. "We completely reconstructed your lady parts. Muscles were tightened and regrown using medical techniques, magic, and some paralytic muscles I wouldn't recommend eating. We also restored your nerves, and did a cosmetic job far more extensive then most facial jobs." She smiled at Davon. "Lord Reinhold spared no expense to make you feel whole again."

"So... How do you feel?" Davon asked Marlena, going and putting his arm around her.

""I feel... um... good." She ran her hands across her face. Her arms. Her sides. "The pain, it... i-it's gone. I didn't even notice at first. I was so used to it, but... I-I'm not in any pain!"

Davon smirked, nodding to the doctor, "And I promise you Lena that while you are under my care you won't ever feel anyone inflicting pain on you again. Wanna go look at yourself in a mirror?"

"Y-yes, please." She smiled nervously. "I want to see if I even recognize myself."

Davon nodded, sitting on the edge of her bed and putting his back to her, "Come on."

She blushed and gave the nurses an embarrassed look, but they nodded to urge her on. With a reluctant sigh, she crawled over and leaned against him, holding his shoulders tightly.

With a bit more effort than before, he lifted up the recovering woman, bringing her out of the room while she was piggybacking. He brought her to a nearby bedroom, letting her slide to the ground slowly. Her feet touched the floor and almost immediately gave out but she had Davon there to hold her up, slinging her arm around her neck. There she stood besides him in view of a body length mirror.

"G-guess I'll have to learn to w... walk... again..." She stared into the mirror with awe. It had been so long since she had seen herself, she had forgotten what she looked like. She slowly touched her face, her expression hard to read as she stared at the stranger before her.

"I guess all I can really say right now is... Welcome back Marlena." Davon whispered to her softly.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, and for the first time in a long time, it didn't hurt to cry. "I can't believe... I... I-I'm still no looker, but... I'm not hideous... I had... given up hope..."

Davon could only smile. This is what he had driven himself to do, all to see her gai, back her hope. It made him feel... Special. "Worth every gold piece too."

She stared at herself for a few more minutes in silence before saying, "So, um... w-what happens now?"

"Well, there's a bed and just because you're a temporary cripple..." He began in a way that he made sure came off as joking.

She nudged him lightly in the stomach. "Dirty boy. I mean when I recover? I don't have any skills. Aside from farmland chores and the things my husband had me do before he realized he could rent me, I have no job skills. Practically no education. My husband... just continues to ruin my life, even beyond the grave."

"Hm... Sit down on the bed and strip to your skivvies. I have something for you to try on." Davon said, assisting her over to the bed.

Marlena carefully pulled off her shirt, a simple bra underneath. "You better not do anything dirty. Don't betray my trust. You're the only man who has it right now."

Davon raised an eyebrow, "I am the richest man in Stormrend next to the king himself. If I wanted to bang a girl, I could have spent a whole lot less and saved myself a lot of trouble. Or just asked Arlia with a simple please. Pants too. Chop chop."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Long Road to Recovery
Part Three

Marlena rolled her eyes. "Chop chop is a little hard for me, you know?" She weakly lifted her legs, and pulled off her shorts, revealing underwear that left plenty for the imagination.

Davon went into the closet, taking put a rather small uniform. When he draped it across her legs, it looked like a maid outfit. "I suppose I should have told you before but... Welcome to your new room. We're going into the city later so you can buy clothes, accessories and anything else you want. After all, this'll be your home and job now, and none of my small staff go wanting."

"A maid?" She lifted the uniform. "Do you think it'll work for me? I mean, I want to pay you back for all you have done, but I would hate to end up eating you food and sleeping in you house while contributing very little."

"You're also being paid to work here as well. The starting pay is 100 gold every week. Preform well enough and you might start to get raises. What you do in your free time is up to you but you will be working from noon to 8. Don't be late, your boss Clover hates tardiness." Davon explained, ignoring her previous protest.

Marlena's eyes widened. "A-a h-hundred a week! What... w-what would I even do with all that money?!"

"Build a new life. Don't act so shocked. Andros earns 500. Clover earns 300."

"Whoa. Is that normal for nobles?" Marlena struggled to slip the dress over her head. "That must be why my parents gave me up so easily. Well, that, and one less mouth to feed."

"Their mistake." He snuck close, being silent as he put his finger in her belly button to startle her.

She yelped. "Hey! No fair!" She finally pulled the dress down and gave him an annoyed look.

"Oh hey, looks like the dress is on now." He pointed out with a victorious expression. "It's also got stockings and a bow to go along too, but since you aren't working today, you dont have to go through the trouble. You just get to look smoking in the privacy of my own home."

Marlena rolled her eyes. "You're going to make for an interesting boss. Should I meet my coworkers? How many other people work for you?"

"Just the two I mentioned before. Andros is a water mage elf who takes care of the gardens and meal preparation. Clover does the interior with her wind magic. You will just help those two whenever they need it. Be careful around Andros. He is a raging sexual fiend who steals panties at night."

Marlena's eyes darkened a bit. "I lose one pair, and I'll know who's arm to break."

"That is very unkind, sir." A very posh voice said from the doorway. A tall man with long violet hair braided back with two tails hanging off near his ears stood in,the doorway, his skin sun kissed while wearing a very elaborate suit.

From his side, a smaller woman with frazzled raven black hair and a maid outfit with garter belt stockings came into view. "Yeah. Andros is about as far away from a pervert as water is dry."

"So you two are... wait?" Marlena scratched her head. "You only have two people to take care of the entire mansion? Must be why you are paid so well..."

"It's extremely easy actually. We don't need more help but Davon was so lovesick over you that he practically begged us to train you so you would stay." Clover said nonchalantly.

Marlena looked over at Davon. "Lovesick? You really are a pervert, aren't you?"

"Yes." Davon said without any hesitation. "But that had no bearing on my decision to hire you, Clover just has a bad habit of fibbing," he said, bopping the maid on the head,

"Ow, you dick! Come here!" She growled but was thwarted in her attempted attack as Davon held her forehead and her arm length could not reach him.

Marlena giggled. "I like her already." She looked over to Andros and frowned. "H... hi."

"Hello ma'am. I have already been informed of your condition so any training to be done will be handled by Clover until such a time you feel comfortable enough to work with me outside." Andros stated very clear and concisely.

She nodded. "Well... at least your more polite then most men..." She slowly moved off the bed. "W-well, my name is oof!" Her legs buckled and she fell forward.

Andros quickly moved forward, catching her arms. "You're still recovering from your operations. You have to take it easy if you wish to get better."

Her breathing intensified at his touch, but she kept her cool. "R-right. I am sorry. I'm just... eager to pay Davon back. Or... Or do I call him Lord Reinhold now?"

"Call me whatever. I don't care." He said from the floor, Clover currently losing the wrestling match they had gotten in to. Andros chuckled, slowly helping Marlena to the bed to sit, setting her down gently.

"Alright?" The elf asked her in a concerned tone.

She nodded. "Y-yes. Thank you." She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. It isnt anything personal. Just, when you spend the better part of seven years without seeing a man that doesn't want to stick something in you... it effects you, you know?"

"Well I am a part time chef. I hope that doesn't count miss." He expressed in a pretty lousy joke.

She glared at him for a moment, but she couldn't stop a smile from creeping on her face. "Okay... I think I can come to like you too."

Andros barely let out a smile, holding out his hand to shake hers.

She took it. "A pleasure to meet you."

With a gentle smile, he shook as well.

"Whelp, we should get out of here Davon. Looks like not even a few hours and Marlena is already falling for our butler." Clover said, pushing the nobleman out the door.

"I'll begin praying for the birth if their healthy child together." He added.

"Remember not to holler too loudly Marlena, it is a personal moment!" After Clover's comment, the door closed.

"What! Where are you..." Marlena gave the butler an awkward look. "Uuuuuh..."

Andros had a tired look in his eyes, but put on a smile. "How about we just... Go down to the kitchens so I can give you a tour. Perhaps you have a favorite dish to commemorate your first day in your home?" He turned around to allow her on him.

Again with hesitation, she climbed onto his back. "That would be... okay. But I don't really have a favorite dish. I was usually just happy to be fed."

"I... See..." Andros awkwardly responded as he hefted her up. "Per... Haps we will just start with sweets then. I will think up a proper meal later."

"Sweet?" She titled her head. "Like honey cakes? My grandmother used to make them for us."

"Those will be simple. Cakes, cookies and other delectables are apart of my repitriore. Any other requests my dear?"

"Um... I don't know. My husband always spoke highly of steak. Said he would eat it all the time if he could afford it. I never got any, of course. But it sure did smell good."

"See. Seems you do have some ideas. I have some good garnishes in mind that pair well with steaks. I can get started as soon as I go to the market." Andros noted mentally.

"Please don't go all out for my sake," Marlena requested. "I have yet to do anything to repay all this kindness."

Andros chuckled warmly. "Marlena, I do not think you understand your situation. You will repay back nothing. In the Lord's eyes, it has been already paid in full."

The scarred woman sighed. "I just wish I understood why. Does he do this with every broken down killer he finds?"

"No. To be fair I have never seen him this generous for one person since Magnolia was killed. Perhaps you have revitalized a kindred spirit in him he had lost. His girlfriend is his love, true, but he has expressed that at times things would seem too distant and focused more on the short bursts of passion they had." Andros explained in a hushed tone. "Do not tell anyone else I told you this, but he finds a happiness from seeing you well. I would not like to compare you to an animal, but it is the sort of happiness when you find an abused stray and keep them as your own."

Marlena smiled softly. "That... that is really sweet, actually. I just hope I can continue to make him happy."

"At this point in time you would be hard pressed to make him miserable. Just do not tell Mistress Arlia of what I have said. I do not know her well enough to say how she would react if she knew Davon was frustrated. Hopefully in the coming years when he proposes things will become closer. Though I do have to question if the two assassins are compatible enough for elopement."

"Why is that?" Marlena asked. "You think they aren't good for each other?"

"It is not that. But as assassins they carry a lot of shsred burdens. Too many and the foundation of the relationship crumbles." Andros said, reaching kitchens. "Perhaps you could get her to see just how much she needs the Lord and vice versa?"

Marlena nodded. "I can try. Though I'd have to come up with a good explanation as to who I am and where I came from."

"You are Marlena, a woman who was saved by the Lord after you were attacked by gangs. Officially, you are Clover's cousin. An old rival gang tried to send a message."

Marlena blinked a few times. "Did you just come up with that, or was that planned?"

"Perhaps..." He said vaguely, not answering either question with a smirk.

Marlena climbed off him and sat on a chair. "I want you to teach me to do everything you can do. Clover to. I want to be as skilled as possible."

"I thought you found me disgusting." He teased.

Marlena pouted. "Davon has shown me that not all men are slime, and you seem to be okay. At least so far."

"I will take what I can get. I will teach you all you want to know. For now... Just enjoy for the tastes you will have."

The young woman nodded, folding her hands and waiting patiently.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The Twin Storms Part One (MarineAvenger and ExoGrim) Warning for Lewds

In the early morning of the weekend, Davon was leaning against the table in the grand dining hall of his estate. As far as he knew, him and Andros were the only ones up at the moment, the latter pouring his own cup of coffee for himself that was made not long ago, “She seems to be adjusting as well as to be expected. Her lack of magic makes getting large swathes of cleaning done. She is a quick learner though,” The water elf reported with an impassive tone that could almost be taken as amusement.

“Well, at least she is adjusting to the whole maid thing well. You did a good job getting in her good graces.” The elf’s lord complemented, wearing merely a simple gray shirt with the lacing of the neck undone so it hung loose.

Andros nodded very subtly, “At least with her wheelchair now, we do not have to carry-” he stopped looking to the side and standing erect, “Hello Mistress Arlia. Lovely to see you as always,” he said courteously to the temporary lady of the house.

Arlia sighed. “You know you don’t have to do that every time I walk up to you guys.”

“Of course I do madame. I am aware of just how much you enjoy it.” The elf glanced at his master who waved a hand. Bowing, he left the two to their privacy.

“So…” Arlia approached her lover slowly. “How have you been?”

“Oh, you know… been doing stuff and things.” Davon responded, taking a sip of the hot beverage in his mug, “Odd for you to just happen to be here when I was. You know I am not a morning person normally.”

“I just wanted to check and see how you were.” Arlia stated. “Considering it’s been awhile since we’ve had a good talk.”

“Well,” he began, “I was a bit worried about your wounds on our mission together. Normally no one is allowed to stick you other than me. The fact it was a woman of all people… that just hurt my self-esteem. At least Melinda put an end to that chick’s rampages once and for all.”

“Well there is one way to fix that.” Arlia giggled. “Considering this is your domain, you know all the best spots.”

“Perhaps in a little bit.” he mused with a smirk, setting the cup to the side. He glanced over her, giving her a soft smile, “All disheveled fresh out of bed and you still look like an angel. I need some beauty tips apparently to be half as compatible.” Davon flirted with ease as if trying to avoid something.

Arlia raised an eyebrow. “Is there something you’re not telling me?”

The nobleman chuckled, scratching his head, “Well… I just mean to compliment you. Why would I not tell you something?”

“It has something to do with that girl I’ve heard you were with isn’t it.” Arlia gave him an unamused look.

“Girl? Oh, you mean my new maid? Well she is new and a bit needy so as lord of the estate she is working for, I feel obligated to help.” he retorted, standing up straight as if to challenge.

“You know it would help if you told me these things beforehand.” The princess scuffed. “Maybe then I would be more obligated to trust you.”

“Wait, you don’t trust me?” he asked playfully, obviously not taking this as seriously as she might want. “Come on, just don’t worry about it.”

“Davon…” She growled. “Why do you brush these things off like that? Is it because you don’t care… do you not love me like you say you do?”

This caused the man to recoil a bit, his shoulders slumping. He stepped forward, cupping her cheek, “Of course I love you. More than anyone. It’s just… weird sharing things, you know? We both have our secrets. I am not too good at giving them up. Good with fellow assassins, but I guess if things have gotten bad enough for you to question…” Davon trailed off, looking her in the eyes, “I’m sorry. But you shouldn’t question my love for you. It’s stronger than you could even think of.”

Arlia’s eyes shifted away as her cheeks flushed. “So, can you promise to having no more secrets?”

“I mean, I feel obligated to hold onto one or two. I don’t expect everything out of you either, but I would not be opposed to more trust between us if that is what you want.” Removing his hand, he took up his mug and offered her to take it for a sip. “I am sure this means you have questions.”

“No, all the one’s I had were answered just by that.” Arlia said with a smile, one that quickly faded. “Though, I do have some unfortunate news.”

Her boyfriend rose a concerned eyebrow, “What about?”

Arlia swallowed the knot in her throat. “Remember how you said you wanted to have children one of these days?”

That nearly caused hot coffee to go down the wrong pipe, Davon covering his mouth as he coughed hard into his hand, “C-Context?”

“Well, before we got here, I talked to a healer to make sure I wasn’t holding a child while fighting Malder.” Arlia explained. “Unfortunately, according to the healer, it’s much harder for me to become pregnant than most other woman. In fact, she said it may be impossible for me to ever have a child at all.”

The man had listened closely, letting out a breath through his nose as he set down the mug sternly, “To hell with what that healer says. I don’t deal with maybes. I deal with certainties.” Putting a fist on his hip, he reached out with his other and took her chin to tilt her head up, “And I am certain one day you will hold a little one in that stomach and give birth. I don’t like being made a fool of unless I am the one doing it to myself. I told you I would give you a child, so I will one day. That’s a promise. No matter how hard it is along the way. After all, your parents are shitty, my parents turned out to be shitty. Seems like we need our time ourselves to show that we are not our progenitors. Let’s do right by our unborn, snot nosed brat.”

Arlia gave him a confident smile, as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Thank you. I’m sorry I ever doubted you.”

“That was your only mistake. Well… only is a strong word,” Davon reminisced happily, “After all, you think I have a thing for Marlena, don’t you?”

“Maybe a little.” The assassin admitted, her cheeks turning red again. “Though, maybe that wouldn’t be too bad of a thing if you did… now that I think about it.”

Davon frowned, “Well, I mean she does have those cool scars of hers. She also has no qualms about crawling all over me.” he countered.

“Fair enough.” Arlia sighed lightly. “Now that we’ve set connections back up… you wanna see about testing your promise?” Arlia raised her eyebrow seductively as she spoke.
“Hm… You make a hard bargain. Shall we head to the bath? You know how big the one in my room is.” he suggested, “Or if you have a preference…?”

“No, the bath sound like a nice place to have some fun.” Arlia held out her hand. “Feel free to lead the way.”

“You are so needy,” Davon told her, slipping his hand into hers as they left the hall.

Entering into his bedroom, the pale blue light shown from the outside indicating the sun was barely up at this point in the morning. Birds and other such animals could be heard outside but soon they would be replaced by the sound of the city in full swing. The door shut behind Arlia softly, the two standing in Davon’s expansive bedroom, “Why do you refuse to move in with me? Is it because you are embarrassed?”

“No, I just don’t think I’m ready yet.” Arlia stated as she examined the room. “Now, can you help me get my armor off?”

Rolling his eyes, he walked up behind the pale haired woman, slowly working in the straps and strings, “What is there to be ready for? It is just sleeping in the same bed. You do that anyways after getting the farmland treatment.”

Arlia slowly slipped her arms out of the studded leather, leaving her full chest exposed. “But there’s a bit of commitment that goes to moving in with someone… plus I’d like to be able to help out the Havenbrook Organization more.”

“I am not leaving the guild.” Davon told the woman, taking her wrist as they moved to a side door. He opened it up to a wide open bathroom with a tub big enough to hold ten. “You don’t have to move into the estate right away, but I think we are far enough to at least be with one another at night. You were worried about trust and another girl anyways… what better way to be sure of my loyalty than making sure you are the one in my arms every night?”

“Yes, that would be nice.” Arlia gave him a small smirk as she pulled down her armor. “Though, I hope you don’t mind that fact that I’m not one for undergarments.”

“Just so long as your body ain’t an ice cube when I crawl in next to you.” He instructed her on how to draw the bath, not hiding the fact he looked with great entertainment, pulling off his own shirt. Underneath he was sturdy yet subtle, his strength not given away by rippling muscles like some large men had.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The Twin Storms Part Two: Last Lewd Warning.

Arlia placed a hand on his chest. “I see you’re still as good looking as ever.”

“It’s hard not to look good when it concerns me.” With her contentment to stare, he was the one who ultimately went over and started getting the water drawing into the tub. This left his back to her.

Arlia wrapped her arms around him and pressed her breasts against his upper back. “When are you going to show me the goods?” She asked with a coy grin.

“Darling, if you move too fast, then what is the point of having fun?” He answered with another question, turning in her grip so their chests were pressed together. Reaching down, he lifted the shorter woman up so she was eye level with him. “I have a very distinct question for you love.”

“And what might that question be?” The princess raised an eyebrow.

He carried her over to the wall, her bare back touching the cold tile next to the window, “Just what am I to you? What do we share? We just lovers… or something more?”

Arlia placed a finger on her chin. “I’d have to say that you are a good man. One who deserves more in his life. And I’m happy to be the one to give you that.”

That brought a smile to his face, “Good to know I wasn’t just a tool to pop your cherry.” he teased, leaning in and giving her neck a light kiss.

Arlia giggled, playfully pushing him back. “Stop it… you know how I feel about you teasing me.”

“I know that you’re a masochist deep down for being teased.” Davon noted, looking back. With the water high enough now, he walked over and undid his pants. They fell and he kicked them away, getting in with his underwear still on when he was submerged, he tossed those out too. “Coming? Water’s nice and hot.”

Arlia grinned as she stepped into the tub. She positioned herself so that she was sitting ontop of him and pinned his arms to the sides of the tub. “Ready?”

“Anyone tell you that patience is a virtue? Just give it a moment.” Davon explained to her as she felt his knee reach up between her legs, her erogenous zone extra sensitive from the heat of the water -being what he must of referred to.

Arlia held back the moan, giggling as she looked at her boyfriend with a sultry expression. “You cheeky bastard…”

“See what I mean? Feels good right?” his knee pulled away, only for it to be replaced by his middle and ring digits slipping up inside of her craving body, “We rushed things your first time. I should have taught you about the wonders of foreplay.”

The sounds of pleasure escaped Arlia’s mouth. She moved up slightly, but lowered back down, finding that the feeling was significantly better in the water.

Davon smirked, quite amused he already had the woman in the palm of his hands both literally and figuratively. He moved his fingers in tandem with her motions, his calloused hands rubbing the squishy, still fairly new insides of the Stormrendian princess. “You know, first thing we are doing when we become the rulers… let’s screw on the throne. I don’t know why but that image makes me want to laugh.”

“Yes… that would be nice.” Arlia’s face was beat red from the heat and the pleasure. “For now, don’t stop. Give me more.”

“Hmph… needy like a queen already. Someone is a bit spoiled.” His free hand reached behind her, his hand resting on her neck as the two brought their lips together. The distraction worked greatly so his thumb rubbed her stimulated nub with each thrust of his hand.

Her moans became muffled as her lips connected with Davon’s. While in his embrace, Arlia snaked her tongue into his mouth, the princess’ face a brighter shade of red from before.

Davon pulled away his head, smirking at her flustered look as he removed his hand, “How about we get into the real thing. Just don’t go too fast. We ain’t just getting off. We’re trying to make some love.”

“Right.” Arlia muttered as she took hold of his tool. She teased him a little by brushing up against it a little bit, then slowly slid it into herself. With her man deep inside, Arlia began moving her hips up and down, trying her best to be slow.

Davon’s arms went around her, the man giving her aid as she slowly slid up and down, leaning down to give her chest a few teasing kisses, occasionally pressing up to fill her even further till he hit the resistance of her cervix.

“Yes… right… there…” Arlia said in her pleasured state. Her hips started to move faster, as the princess wrapped her arms around him and she pulled herself closer… her moans getting increasingly louder as time went by.

The nobleman caressed her wet body, holding onto her rear with both hands, lifting her and laying her on the the bathroom floor out of the tub. He was now on top, the one pushing into her to make it feel more intense with her vulnerable.

Arlia’s mind was too scattered to protest, the feeling taking control of her completely. By the sounds of her voices, it was evident that she was close to climaxing.

This caused Davon to moved a bit more with intensity, holding one of her legs and lifting it slightly. Leaning down, he gave her neck a slight kiss, intrigued that she found enjoyment of being powerless.

“Are you… close too?” The assassin asked as the feeling increased, her voice barely able to form the words of the question.

“Hard not to be.” He responded briefly, before throwing out his previous statement of this just being them making love by increasing the speed of which he thrusted. He obviously just wanted her to crest.

She squeaked a few timing before finally her juices started to flow out of her. The last moan she made echoed throughout the bathroom and lasted for several seconds. Her orgasm would be pushed further by the sudden feeling of hot liquid filling her insides. Davon held his girlfriend tightly, unloading without any indication of holding back. Arlia breathed heavily after her womb was filled, seeming to be slightly exhausted by the event. However, her remark was. “I would ask for a round two, but I have other things to attend to.”

“Come on. They can wait. You complain about never seeing me. Least you can do is actually bathe with me.” He pointed out as he pulled her back into the water and refused to let go.

She giggled lightly, knowing that there was no way out of it. “I guess my hair is a little greasy… and tangled in a few places.”

Smiling ever so slight, Davon reached up and stroked her cheek. “I love you so much. More than you’ll realize.”

“I still love you more though.” The princess teased as she kissed him lightly.

ExoGrim

Close Friends
Black0ut and ExoGrim

Titania shuffled down the street, the eerie twilight of the town being her only companion. Some looked at her with a mixture of disgust and hate, others paid her no attention at all, simply pretending she didn’t exist. Arlia hasn’t even said a word to me since this whole thing… with gods and shit happened. Just… wish we were on better term-

Titania was abruptly jarred from her thoughts as a big burly man, being a full head taller than her, pushed past her, shoulder-checking her in the process. “Watch where you’re going, Thrope. I don’t have time to be slowed down by one of your kind.” He said coldly, continuing past her.

“You don’t have to be such a dick!” Titania partially growled, but the man continued on his way as if he hadn’t heard her. Turning back she hung her head slightly lower as she wandered the town.

Murmuring began to filled the crowd as a familiar slender figure stood in front of the man. One of the many lines that came out was, “Hey, isn’t that the hunter with the princess’s name?” Completely giving away who the figure was. She had grabbed the man by his wrist, with a surprisingly strong grip for someone of her size.

“H-hey! What’s the deal with you?” The man asked in surprise as he tried to wrench his hand from her grasp.

Titania continued walking, albeit slowly as more people rushed past her, her head more lost in melancholy than anything.

The figure’s eyes briefly flashed as she picked up the large man and threw him into a tree right next to Titania. The force and trajectory were such that his arm shattered on impact. The wind took the hood off of the figure’s face as she approached the crippled man. She placed a foot on his broken arm and leaned so that they were eye to eye. “I’ll only say this once: disrespect my friend like that again and I’ll break more than just your arm next time. Got it?”

The man screamed but nodded his head frantically, as he gritted his teeth and stared at the woman he had seen only moments ago, daggers in his eyes.

Titania, having raised her head, walked over, and promptly hugged her closest friend. “Thank you… I thought you were still mad at me.”

Arlia returned the hug. “How could I still be mad at my best friend? That seems like a silly idea to me.” The princess stated jokingly and reassuringly.

The man squirmed in pain, merely whimpering now as he said something under his breath.

“W-well… I… wasn’t the nicest when we did that thing with Destani… so… I’m sorry. I was acting like a total bitch and that wasn’t cool…” Titania replied morosely, looking away even though her friend couldn’t see her.

Arlia looked down for a moment. “I should be the one apologizing… I shouldn’t have have put the mission before Ferron like that. I shouldn’t have let go of my emotions because of the circumstances.”

“Y-you were right. Destani even agreed with you at first. I… could’ve destroyed our safe haven. I was selfish… only thinking of one person before countless many others.”

Arlia chuckled lightly. “If this keeps up, we’ll be apologizing to each other all night.”

“Yeah… I guess we're basically the sam-” Titania suddenly shoved Arlia away, as a gunshot rang out, the man that the assassin had been standing on having drawn a gun with his good hand. Titania crumpled onto the ground, and some of her silver hair started to be dyed with red.

“T-that… I-I was just defending myself… I... she...” the man stammered out, dropping the gun with a mixture of horror and confusion.

Arlia dashed over to Titania’s side. With the swiftest of motions, the assassin pulled out a burn patch and placed it on the wound. She turned to the man, her face filled with rage. “Don’t think this is over.” She said before picking Titania up and darting for Davon’s manor.

Titania’s head lolled back and forth, as Arlia ran forward. The only hint that the warrior still lived was shallow breathing that seemed to slow in frequency.

Arlia walked into the manor and placed the Wolf Thrope on her bed in the many rooms of the estate. She quickly removed the patch and checked the wound to see how much damage it had actually caused.

The bullet had left a long bloody trail across Titania left cheek and ended just under her temple, the bullet appearing to have only grazed the Thrope, and having nearly taken her life. The salve Arlia had applied earlier hadn’t covered all of the wound, some blood still leaking from her head.

Arlia applied a second patch on the remaining of the wound to stop the bleeding, and lying next to her friend until she regained consciousness.

Titania coughed weakly, and moved her head to the side, her eyes trying to focus on the shape of the person next to her. Eventually the image cleared into Arlia, and the Thrope’s eyes widened. Her voice came out in a whisper, “H-hey… you okay?”

“I’m fine, it’s your own health that’s the biggest concern.” Arlia pointed out, lightly pressing her hand on Titania’s forehead.

“Still worried about you. Tell me I at least got you out of the shot of that guy…” The Thrope replied, one of her eyes relaxing a bit as the area around the bullet wound swelled.

“Yes, you managed to get me out of the line of fire.” Arlia assured Titania as she placed her head next to the Thrope’s. “It’s good to see our friendships still stands, regardless of our situation.”

“Yeah… although I think you and I can do without the near-death experiences…” Titania replied jokingly, her mouth tilting up into a smile before she grimaced. “I thought I could move fast enough to get you away and to avoid his bullet. Guess… guess I’m not as fast enough, huh?”

Arlia patted her friend’s head. “Try not to think too much, just get some sleep. I’ll be here to make sure you’re okay.”

“Kinda hard when you got a big ass scar as a reminder.” Titania pointed out with a grumble.

“Which why I’m here to remind you that everything is going to be okay.” Arlia countered. “And to remind you that there was nothing you could do about the situation.”

Titania murmured something and stared at the ceiling. “Thirty five.”

“What are you counting?” Arlia inquired.

“That’s all the mistakes I’ve made in combat while being at the Guild. All of them either hurting me, nearly killing me, hurting an ally, or getting an ally killed. Thirty five times. Makes me wonder if I’m more of a liability than anything…” Titania answered morosely, gently lifting a hand to her damaged face.

“Thirty five times makes you a liability.” Arlia laughed weakly. “Wonder what that makes me then.”

“The assassin that rarely makes a combat mistake; rather deals with morality as the battleground she struggles on.” Titania sat up slowly, a more dark expression on her face. “Still better than me.”

ExoGrim

Close Friends
Part Two

Arlia laid down on the floor with her back against the wall. “Eighty seven.”

“Combat or morality?”

“Combat…”

“I call bullshit.” Titania responded, still staring straight ahead.

“You know I don’t bullshit.” Arlia lowered her gaze. “It’s tough to make mistakes like I did without dying during a war, but I somehow managed to survive.”

“You ever turn someone over to bandits? And then hear about them weeks later, except they no longer have a will to live and offed themselves? Or because of that, you have someone hunting you down because of it?” Titania admitted, casting her eyes downwards.

“No, but I failed to stop a comrade from becoming mind controlled and merely watched as he killed many of my friends in a outrage.” Arlia pulled her legs closer to her. “And I ended up being the reason why someone who cared about me committed suicide because I was unable to help him save his sister.”

“Wow, we’re just a couple of natural fuck ups, aren’t we?” The Thrope was quiet as she stared at the floor. “Not going to lie, I thought about it. Ending it all. Finding peace in death. But that crippled ass Elf is the only reason I stuck around. He… he caught me one time. I had slit my wrists and my throat, all the while being hidden in a forest. He still found me, and healed me. Wouldn’t stop crying for nearly a full day. He hasn’t really forgiven me for that. The truth is, I… don’t really care about myself anymore. But… protecting others with my life… that is far better. Was kinda why when you nearly cut my head off, I was fine with it.”

“Good to know I’m not the only one.” Arlia admitted. “If I didn’t meet Davon, I likely wouldn’t be here right now.”

“Even with me around...?”

“Yes, knowing you were there had helped.” Arlia admitted. “Even though it took me awhile to get your friendship back.”

“Yeah… I was still a bit angry, and I shouldn’t have been. Say… when all of this is over, want to get drunk and swap stories? Maybe even gossip about the people we’re interested in?” Titania asked, hoping that the change of topic would stick.

“Maybe, I could use a drink.” Arlia laughed lightly. “And maybe an excuse to be myself again.”

Titania nodded, but lifted a hand to her face. “Guess I need a mask now to hide this shitty face, huh? Maybe I can look cool with it and pretend to be a scary, but soft assassin. Might be fun to do that.”

“Yeah, you have a badass look to you now.” The princess pointed out.

“Nah, now I got a ‘she got fucked up’ kinda look. I doubt guys, much less Gods will want to bang me with this shit.” The noble countered, crossing her arms.

“You need to stop beating yourself up about these things.” Arlia remarked with a concerned expression on her face.

“Why? I’ve already hit rock bottom on the depression ladder, and basically live for others… you saying I can’t make fun of my own situation?” Titania raised an eyebrow as she looked back at her friend.

“I just don’t want you seeing yourself as less than you are.” Arlia stated.

“I suppose you’re a year too late then. And I also suppose you won’t stop trying to cheer me up even if I ask you not to, huh?” Titania murmured softly before standing up.

“It’s a reason why I’m still here, right?” Arlia said as she stood up herself. “My only purpose in this life is to make sure everyone I care about is okay.”

“Ditto… but I’m afraid that your task will get much harder if you include me in that list of yours. Might be better to make an exception.”

Arlia tapped Titania on the forehead. “But then I wouldn’t be allowed to call myself your friend, now would I?”

Titania opened her mouth to argue, but paused and closed it, a grumpy look replacing the dark one she had. “Stop being so damn clever. You winning our arguments is getting rather annoying, you know.”

“Maybe you’ll win one once you get a better counter argument.” The assassin teased. “You need to work on listening to what I’m saying so you can find a loophole to my words.”

“Well, I may be a Noble, but I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about etiquette and charm, and all that political shit. So I guess you have an advantage, my higher ranked friend, that I will struggle with for a long time. Guess that’s why I took more to the sword than you did.” Titania rambled aimlessly.

Arlia rolled her eyes. “That and you’re so much better at hand to hand than I am. It’s one of the reasons why I choose to keep my distances.”

“Well, considering I could probably knock you out with a punch, probably a good thing you did.” Titania teased, offering a smile to her friend, “Remember when we were kids and you convinced me to climb a super tall tree outside of my town? You had this look of amazement like you couldn’t believe what I was doing.”

Arlia let out a laugh. “Oh, yes I remember that. Your father refused to let me forget… especially since you ended up tearing open your best dress.”

“Right… gods above, he didn’t let me out of his sight for a few weeks after that… I was pretty stupid back then, huh? Stupid and tomboyish. No wonder the boys tended to stay away from me.”

“Now look at you. You’re smart, kind and…” Arlia thought for a moment. “Admittedly still a tomboy, but it fits you.”

“Yeah… and you still have a sense of regalness, albeit with a down to Terra Dolor attitude. Oh and you're still a bit of a girly-girl. Just sayin’.”

“You know what they say, opposites attract.” Arlia pointed out.

“True, true. I guess I must concede… again… for the hundredth time… that you’re right.” Titania groaned jokingly, as she put Arlia in a headlock. “But I suppose if I’m a tomboy, I’ll be the brother you never had then!” The thrope then began to gently give the princess a noogie.

“Is this payback for when I did it to you at Erin’s lab?” Arlia asked humorously.

“Maaaaaaaybe...” Titania answered, with a large grin.

“Damn you.” Arlia muttered under her breath, while still smirking at her friend.

“Payback’s a bitch, ain’t she?” Titania joked, as she released Arlia.

“And your favorite one at that.” Arlia said to keep with the joke.

“Oh, most definitely! It lets me mess with it all the time, after all.” Titania returned the smile, yawning moments later, “I guess I need to head to bed… thanks for taking care of me, Arlia.”

Arlia opened the door for her and bowed. “And thank you for giving me your time and friendship.”

Titania chuckled, “I think that’s my line, friend. Sleep well, and, uh, please don’t kill the guy who did this to me. Or torture him. Or how ‘bout not hurting him at all?” Titania asked, raising an eyebrow as she stepped outside turning around to look at Arlia.

“No promises.” Arlia replied before she closed the door.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
ExoGrim & ZombieSplitter53
End of a Rivalry
Part One

Stormrend
Royal Palace of Stormrend
June 18th, 3349
12:12 p.m.

The sun was high and the air was warm as Ayame, still in her Arlia disguise, sipped some tea in the center of the palace’s garden, trying to enjoy herself despite the feeling that something was wrong. “Hello, princess.”

She looked to her side to find a Netzi floating with a smile. “Oh! H-hello! Um… how are… you?”

“Quite good, quite good.” The Netzi placed a tray of cookies in front of her. “Please, these from chef. Said you should get treat. Enjoy, enjoy.”

“Why, thank you.” She picked one up and took a bite. “Mmm… so good. Do you…?” When she looked up, she was surprised to find he was already floating away. She shrugged as he disappeared around a corner, and took another bite.

Malder walked into the room around the same time the Netzi left. “Hey, princess, how are you this fine morning?”

“I am good. It is good to see you as usual.” She held up the plate. “Want one? They’re chocolate chip, and very tasty.”

Malder looked at the plate, sniffing the goods briefly. “And… who gave you these?”

“One of the Netzi servers,” She answered innocently, finishing her cookie. “Didn’t catch his name.”

“Netzi server… something doesn’t seem right about that.” The ex-soldier placed a hand on his chin. “Hold on, I need to check something out real quick… do me a favor and stay here.” Without waiting for a response, Malder walked down the hall and turned a corner, hiding the large grin on his face from the fake Arlia.

Around another pillar, watching the garden, Eraqus cursed under his breath. “Damn. He didn’t take the bait. Was too much to hope for I guess.” He turned to the woman to his left. “I was hoping to do this without you having to expose yourself, but if he is as strong as you say, we might need your help.”

The assassin let out her own muttered curse. “It’s likely that he may already have the idea that I’m here… so keeping me hidden is no longer an option anyway. But, we have a numbers advantage over him. With any luck, this should be easy.”

“At least the fake princess won’t be a problem, assuming she would have been in the first place.” Even scratched his chin. “She sure took the bait really easily. You think she is just a pawn in this all?”

“Most likely.” Arlia remarked. “It’s also likely that Malder managed to manipulate a higher power to get him in with her. We should be careful.”

“I just hope, if Tecunte has a hand in this as we suspect, she keeps out of it like she is supposed to.” Eraqus rolled his neck and eyed a pair of guards near the ‘princess’. “You two ready for this?”

Even nodded. “Zatch should be in place by now.”

“Let’s make this quick then.” Arlia said as she pulled out to shurikens dipped in a sleeping poison. “On your mark, Eraqus.”

The Elf nodded, and slowly stepped out, walking over to the guards. “Excuse me!” He smiled as he stepped over to them. “Sorry about this,” he said, and swung a right hook, knocking out one of the guards. He look at the other and said, “Be a pal and run off to get your buddies.”

The man quickly ran off, and Eraqus walked back to the center of the garden, waving to the others in hiding. “Not one for subtlety, is he?” Even sighed. “Stay in hiding, Arlia. At least for now. Back us up with your throwing skills, but don’t knock out too many. We need a lot of witnesses for this to work.”

“Right.” Arlia nodded and took up a new position on higher ground within the garden.

Fighting erupted within the garden. It wasn’t an easy fight, Even and Eraqus having to fight to not only not kill anyone, but also not knock too many out. As they fought, Ayame simply watched, her head rocking back and forth in a sleepy manner. “Is this enough soldiers?!” Even yelled, barely avoiding a lost head thanks to Arlia.

“We need Malder to come back!” Eraqus shouted back. “Arlia says he won’t pass up an opportunity for violence!”

At that moment, one of the guards in the back of the crowd cried out in agony, a blade sticking out of his gut and a figure standing behind him. The ex-soldier kicked the body off of his blade and rested the bloodied weapon on his soldier. “Who said you could have a party without me?”

The guards turned to him in shock. “S-Sir Malder?!”

“Your ‘Sir’ Malder is a deceiver and a murderer who has pulled the wool over all your eyes!” Eraqus yelled. “Zatch, now!”

From the roof of the nearby building, Zatch jumped down on his tarantula construct. Wasting no time, it stood up on its hind legs. A small magic cannon fired an energy blast at the dozing woman, disrupting the magic supporting her spell. In an instant, she returned to her normal appearance to the shock of everyone around. “The princess!” one yelled.

“She… she’s a fake!”

“Where is the real one?”

“What have you done with the princess?!” All swords quickly shifted towards Malder.

“Funny you ask.” Malder chuckled at the sudden change of attitude. “‘Cause, from what I heard, she should be here right now… ready for me to kill. Anyone else care to join her?”

Some of them took a step back, all knowing how strong he was supposed to be. Aside from one in the back taking off to inform the Emperor, none left. They were too loyal to royal house to back off. One was foolish, however, charging at him from the side with a downward slice.

Malder swiftly parried the attack and sliced open the man’s throat. “Now, because I’m feeling generous today… I’ll make this quick.” The ex-soldier threw his sword in the air briefly, snatching in and twirling to build up energy. His feet were slightly off the ground as he went for the slash, seemingly to attack nothing. However, when his motion finished, a massive wave of wind bursted forward, tearing apart whatever stood in it’s path.

Four guards dropped in an instant, limbs and appendages dropping to the ground. “Enough of that!” Eraqus stepped forward. “Everyone, back off! You’ll just get in the way.” He pointed his sword at Malder. “Give up already. You face top ranked Hunters. No matter how strong you are, even if you take out some of us, you’ll eventually fall.”

“Not like it’ll matter. You already know who my quarry is.” Malder let out a dark laugh as his gaze shifted to one of the bushes. “The question is where is she hiding this time…”

“Don’t worry about her. She’ll show up when she is needed.” Even stepped to Eraqus’ side. “Just answer this. Why kill the nobles? We know it was you. Who else would it be? What benefit could killing them possibly give you?”

The ex-soldier out another chuckle leave his lips. “That’s for me to know… and you to find out.” His gaze seemed to set on something behind the trio. Something hidden from sight.

“Less talk, more fight!” Zatch floated up as his construct charged forward. Made of hardened metal and not soft flesh, Malder wouldn’t have such an easy time chopping it up. It stood on its back four legs as it neared, swinging the other legs in four different directions.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
End of a Rivalry
Part Two

Malder fired out a harmless wind blast with his free hand to send the construct off balance, before dashing past the group. His body seemed to be the appearance of the wind as he blurred over to his target: Arlia.

“Arlia, look out!” Even yelled, slamming his sword into the ground to send a wave of earth energy along the ground towards the charging killer.

Arlia dodged to the side, pulling out her katana and preparing to retaliate. “It’s time you paid for all the things you’ve done.”

Malder’s grin widened until it looked almost inhuman. “That’s what you think.” He remarked before dashing straight towards her, being knocked up briefly by the shockwave. Arlia took full advantage of the moment to swipe at Malder, but he managed to block the attack out of sheer luck. The killer landed back on his feet and dashed behind her, forcing the princess to turn around and parries with her swift strike. Noticing the sudden speed of her attack, Malder chuckled lightly. “I see you’ve gotten faster. Let’s see if you can keep up.”

Malder attacked from a different angle, being blocked once more, but this time she reacted slower. He went for another angle, then another angle, fear slowly consuming Arlia’s eyes as she realized that she couldn’t keep up with the onslaught. The assassin did her best to try and continue blocking, but her efforts became futile as a sudden spike of pain emerged from her side. She looked down to see a wooden blade sticking out of her, blood oozing out of the wound. Malder pulled the blade out and Arlia fell to the ground, a pool of crimson red soaking into the dirt.

Malder crouched down over Arlia’s face of shock. “You always were too soft.” He muttered before standing back up and looking at the others. “Anyone else?”

“Son of a bitch!” Eraqus cried out as he charged, three guards following after for the honor of their princess. Eraqus fired off a gigantic fireball, one the obscured his approach as he lept up, going for a powerful helm splitter.

Malder dashed away from the group charging after him. “If you want to kill me, you’re gonna have to catch me.” The madman stated before dashing back in and killing two of the guards before they had a time to react. Even, on the other hand, had moved behind Malder. He swung his sword sideways, the earth flying up to it to turn it into a huge bastard sword as it flew.

Malder was unable to dodge the attack, the blade cleaving through his left arm. However, Malder was not stopped by the pain. The ex-soldier dashed behind Even and promptly place his sword into the hunter’s spine. As he did so, Malder whispered into the man’s ear. “Do remember that pain is merely a idea of the mind.”

Even grit his teeth, blood seeping out of his mouth. “I’ll keep that… in mind…” The earth below their feet rose up, grasping them both in place.

“Oh, so what if you managed to stop me.” Malder said as he drove the blade deeper. “You’re still going to die.”

The killer let out a maniacal laugh… one that was suddenly stopped by blood erupting from his mouth. He turned to see Arlia, still alive, with her katana piercing his heart from behind. “Did you really think you would get away for everything you’ve done?”

“Heh…” Malder let go of his blade as the life slowly faded from his eyes. “This is how it ends, huh?”

Eraqus and Zatch moved closer, weapons at the ready in case he pulled something. “Are you okay, Arlia?” the Elf asked.

The princess pulled out her sword, placing a hand on her wound. “Other than the headache from the blood loss… I should be fine after some much needed healing.”

He nodded, looking at Even with concern as he was still in the hands of the dying man. “You’re dead already. Let our man go and tell us who you really work for.”

Malder hacked up more blood. “Do you really want to know who they are?”

“They?” Eraqus took a cautious step forward. “Tell us.”

“They’re names are Tecunte and Grimora.” The ex-soldier answered. “I don’t know who they are or why they share my ideals, but what I do know that they have power beyond your comprehension.”

“Grimora too…” Eraqus shook his head. “Are you okay, Even?”

Even squeezed his eyes shut in pain. “Y-yeah, just… can’t… feel my legs…”

“Please, Malder.” Eraqus took another step forward. “Just let him go. Let your last act be one of kindness.”

“Kindness you say?” Malder laughed, taking the blade out and placing it at Even’s throat. “Then I might as well put him out of his misery.” Without warning, the sword slid to the side as blood spilled out of the man’s neck.

Zatch fired, putting a bullet between Malder’s eyes. “Damn…” he muttered as both men fell to the ground. Eraqus stepped away, both fuming and horrified at the same time.

Eraqus felt a hand touch his shoulder. “Are you going to be alright?” Arlia asked with concern in her voice.

In a shaky voice, he said, “I-I… I should be asking you that…”

“My wounds will heal.” Arlia argued. “Yours won’t.”

“Yeah, well… you get used to your incompetence getting someone killed,” he said sadly. He looked back at Malder. “At least… we stopped that mad man. He underestimated your resolve and your skill. It was his undoing.”

“Right, but…” Arlia looked over to the fake. “What are we going to do with her?”

Ayame slowly blinked as the drugs started to fade from her system. “I don’t know,” Eraqus said. “She might be as guilty as Malder. Maybe we’ll have to put her down too.”

“How about you let me talk to her… I can determine how innocent she is.” The princess offered.

The Elf slowly nodded. “Alright. I’ll see to the bodies… try and get you some privacy. I’m sure they’ll want a word with you.”

Arlia returned the nod before approaching the girl. She crouched so that she was eye level with the young one. “Hey, how are you doing?”

Ayame slowly wiped a groggy eye. “I’m okay. I just got so sleepy all of…” She looked up. Her heart skipped a beat the moment she recognized Arlia, her eyes wide with fear.

“Hey, don’t worry.” the assassin placed a hand on her face softly. “I’m not here to hurt you, I promise.”

Ayame shook at her touch. “Th-that is not w-what Mr. Malder s-said.” She rapidly looked around for her protector.

Arlia lowered her gaze in shame. “Listen, about Mr. Malder… He’s not the person he led you to believe he was.”

Ayame slowly looked back at her. “W-what do you mean? Mr. Malder protects me. He needed my help to stop Mr. Wu from taking over the country, and… a-and stop you from hurting m-more people.”

“Sorry, but he was using you.” Arlia tried to explain to the child. “He was the one killing members of the royal family, my family, so he could get revenge for what I did to him.”

“B-but… b-b-but…” Ayame started tearing up. “No. I… I would never help him… h-he… he said… h-he said he would… f-find the killer. You’re saying… h-he…. Killed…”

“Yes, the killer he said he would find was himself.” A tear fell down the woman’s face. “I’m sorry for everything he did to you.”

Ayame slowly nodded. “I… I am sorry I believed all the bad things he said about you…” She shook lightly, balling her hands into fists. “I… I guess it’s time… that I…”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
End of a Rivalry
Part Three

“That you what?” Arlia looked back up at Ayame with concerned.

Ayame wiped her eyes. “Y-you know. I… I-I helped a killer… I impersonated the princess. I have… go to prison now.” She sniffled. “I have to say goodbye to my mom. Can I do that first?”

“You don’t have to say goodbye to anyone.” Arlia told the girl. “I know a place where you and your mother can hide from the officials and makeup for everything you’ve done wrong. It’s where I went to do the same thing.”

“But…” Ayame shook her head. “W-when you do something bad, aren’t you supposed to be punished? And I did something really bad.”

“The guilt you bare is the only punishment you need.” Arlia explained. “I believe that you can make up for everything you’ve done wrong and more. You just have to trust me.”

Ayame slowly nodded. “O-okay. Where… should I go?”

Arlia turned to see if Eraqus had returned. “Have you ever heard of a place called Serasam?”

“Yeah. It’s a country to the southwest, right? Is it safe there?”

“Yes it is.” Arlia responded. “And it’s home to a great Hunter’s Guild full of very understanding people.”

Ayame finally smiled. “Then I will go there.” She reached forward and hugged Arlia. “Thank you. You’re a good person. I know that now.”

“No problem.” Arlia returned the hug. “I’m going to see if I can get you safe transportation there, you promise to wait for me to get back?”

“I will.” Ayame bowed her head. “Thank you so much!”

The princess stood up and bowed to her. “Before I go, can I get your name?”

“M-my name is Ayame, my princess.” She stood up and did a curtsy. “It is so good to meet the real you.”

“And it’s a pleasure to meet you as well.” Arlia turned to the other end of the garden. “Now, I’ll be back as soon as I can.” She said before going out and looking for Eraqus.

He was talking to a few guards, who stared at Arlia as she approached. Eraqus quickly waved them off. “What’s the verdict?”

“With your permission.” Arlia began confidently. “I’d like to be able to take her with us back to the Havenbrook Manor.”

“I take it to mean she isn’t a threat. Though she might be prosecuted as one if she stays here.” Eraqus nodded. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thank you.” Arlia bowed to him. “I promise that I’ll tend to her and teach her how to fight.”

The Elf cleared his throat. “There is something you should know. Erin said that the kind of magic required to make such a convincing disguise for her would have either required a part of your DNA every time she used it… or someone that shared a blood relation to you. But… you said you’re an only child, right?”

“Right.” Arlia answered. “Unless my father was hiding something from me, I’m his only kid.”

“Right, well…” Eraqus cleared his throat again. “It’s none of my business, of course. Speaking of your father, what happens now? The guards all see you clear as day? It’ll be hell to try and sneak you out of the country when they know you’re here, even with Lady Havenbrook’s connections.”

“Let me talk to him.” Arlia told the Elf. “I’m sure he’ll understand once I tell him why I left… and hopefully will let me go back to Serasam to continue working with you.”

Eraqus nodded once more. “Good luck. I’ll take care of everything else.” He gave her a small smile. “And, um… good job. I’m glad you made it.”

“You did a good job as well.” the assassin remarked. “I know not everything went as planned, but you still did a great job planning it out.”

“Thank you,” he returned, his tone saying he wasn’t quite sure of that as he walked off to make preparations and talk to Ayame.

Arlia cleared her throat as she made her way to the throne room, seeing if the Emperor was still there after all of the commotion. He was there, barking orders to his soldiers in a frenzy as news reached him, the empress looking fairly solemn and worried in her seat. Everything hushed down when Arlia walked in, her father quickly shooing them away. “Arlia. Is that… actually you?”

“Yes, father, it’s really me.” Arlia slowly walked up to the ruler. “I’m sorry that I didn’t come home sooner.”

The man quickly stepped forward, tightly grasping her shoulders. “This whole time, we thought we had you back… and it was a fake. I can not apologize enough. Had… had I known…”

“Don’t worry… it’s not your fault.” Arlia smiled as tears streaked her cheeks. “I’m just glad that Malder didn’t get to you.”

He lightly wiped her cheek. “Where have you been? We have been worried for so long. So many sleepless nights, afraid you had died in some far off place…”

“I went to Sandā Outpost to help with the civil war. I couldn’t sit in the palace and watch more people die anymore, so I went out to help our people protect our legacy.” Arlia explained. “After Sandā went down, I fled to Serasam and I joined a guild… a guild I was hoping you would let me stay at now that you know I’m alive.”

“But… but dear, you are the princess,” Her father insisted. “My only child. How could I let you go off to do something so dangerous? I could lose you. The kingdom could lose you.”

“Because I need to be able to help others now.” Arlia stated. “Besides, Titania will be there to help keep me safe.”

“Titania? I was told she disappeared from her home as well. You say she has joined this guild as well?”

“Correct.” Arlia clarified. “It appears that even when we’re apart, we always find a way to go back to each other.”

The Emperor thought for a moment, and slowly shook his head. “I’m sorry, but…”

“I think you should let her go.” The Empress stood up with a stern look on her face, walking over. “Arlia always was a bratty one. It is about time she get out there and actually contribute something.” Standing a bit in front of her husband, she gave Arlia a wink.

Arlia wasn’t sure how to respond to the events that occurred. She never really had time to get to know the woman that her father took as the new Empress after her mother’s death. The fact that she was supporting the princess’ decision was new to her. This caused Arlia merely stand there dumbfounded.

Her father slowly sighed. “I… v… v-very well. However!” He narrowed his eyes a bit. “Now that your actions will no longer be a secret, I expect… I expect letters! And… a-and for you to come home to visit at least… four time a year?”

The princess chuckled. “That I can agree to.”

“Good, good.” He suddenly did something he seldom did, pulling her close and hugging her tightly. “It is… so good to see you, my precious princess.”

“It’s good to see you too, father.” Arlia was the one to eventually broke the long, passionate hug. “I’ll be back in a month so you can ask whatever questions you have about my journey. I promise you that.”

The Emperor nodded. “Very well. Then…” He looked at her side. “Off to be healed, young lady. Can’t have the princess in such an undignified state.”

Arlia chuckled again. “And only you would think that…” She teased. “Good thing that’s what I was going to do after our talk.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Pain and Loss

Havenbrook Manor/Guildhouse
Mina's office
June 20th, 3349
10:27 a.m.

Mina sat alone, as she often did, contemplating recent events. Before her, laying on her desk next to a fresh envelope, sat a finished letter with her name and seal at the bottom. Her people were on their way home. At least, most of them were.

Behind her, she felt a dark presence. Before she could react, Tecunte said, "To the family of Even Seracruse, huh? So kind of you to make a personalized letter." Mina swung back, but the Goddess had already moved to the side of the room. She shrugged and said, "I came to congratulate you on passing the first task. At least, I think you passed it. Stormrend sure was shaken up, so who can say if it doesn't still slip into war and cha-"

She stopped talking as a round from Mina's Judge blew off a large portion of the left side of her face and sprayed crimson all over the wall. The enraged woman charged at the goddess, stabbing her saber over and over until she imbedded it into Tecunte's chest. "Son of a bitch! Your sadistic game cost me one of my best men! Got so many innocent soldiers and nobles killed! Who are you and your sister to play with mortal lives for your own sick pleasure!"

Tecunte's remaining eye widened at the mention of her sister. She grabbed Mina by the neck and lifted her in the air. Her body quickly started to regenerate. "What do you know of my sister?"

Mina chocked a bit, trying to pry Tecunte's fingers open. "That... madman told Eraqus. He was directed by you... and Grimora... to kill the nobles."

To Mina, Tecunte's angered look was from her learning something Tecunte didn't want out. In reality, Tecunte knew that Grimora's involvement would get back to the other gods, and they would start searching for Grimora for answers. Agitated, the Goddess started to squeeze, slamming the door shut and throwing a dresser in front of it when Mina's people tried to get in.

"Let her go!" a small voice cried out. To her surprise, she found a young girl in a brown cloak, rushing out of Mina's adjoining room and blinding swing a decorative cane she had found. "Leave Mina alone! Go away!"

"Run... Aemilia," Mina chocked out, her face turning blue.

Tecunte laugh and grabbed the child, lifting her up. "Oh... so cute. Even the little pipsqueeks come to your aid." She moved a tendril of dark magic over, forming it into a third hand and lifting the blindfold up a bit. "Too bad she can't watch you die."

"No!" Aemilia grabbed her bandages and held them tight. "Don't! I'm cursed! I-I'll turn you to stone!"

Tecunte grinned ear to ear. "Oh, don't you worry, my dear. No Terrian curse can effect a goddess." She threw Mina against the wall, the woman sliding to the ground and desperately trying to catch her breath. "Your precious Mina, on the other hand..."

Aemilia yelped as the Goddess tore her blindfold off and turned her to face Mina. Tecunte stood behind the girl and placed her fingers on her eyes. "No!" the child yelled.

"Come on... open wide." Tecunte attempted to pull Aemilia's eyes open. "Don't you want to see? Don't you want to gaze at how pathetic Mina is before she is petrified."

"Stop it!" Aemilia screamed. Tecunte held her head in place but the girl refused to open her eyes, squeezing them shut until it hurt.

The chaos goddess yelled out angrily. She turned Aemila around and pushed harder on her eyes. "Open your eyes! Open them, or I swear I'll tear off your eyelids!" She smiled again as she slowly managed to get the girl's eyelids to open, peaking at her eyes underneath.

Tecunte suddenly recoiled, shoving the girl back and holding her chest. Such an intense pain. Such an empty feeling, like her very soul had been drain. She looked around for an attacker. Someone with strong magic. Another god. Perhaps a certain higher being she was at odds with. There was nothing.

She didn't want to press her luck. She glared at the pair laying on the floor. "Be glad I enjoy this little 'sadistic game', else I would end it now with your deaths. Be prepared for the next. This time, you will know for certain it was me!" She retreated into her portal without another word.

The Hunters smashed open the door, pushing the dresser aside and rushing in. Mina dealt with their prodding and examining for a while before motioning for them to back off. She sat on the couch and had Aemilia laid next to her, the girl's head on her lap. "Hey."

Aemilia smiled tiredly. "H-hey."

Mina ran a hand through her hair. "You saved me today, you know? You were very brave to face a goddess."

Aemilia shook her head. "I wasn't brave. I was terrified. My body just acted on its own."

"You faced a goddess and refused to open your eyes, even though you were terrified. That... sounds incredibly brave to me."

Aemilia smiled a bit wider as she drifted to sleep, Mina herself leaning back and watching in silence as the staff fixed up her room. If the very first challenge caused this much trouble, she was worried about how much worse it would become trying to protect the rest of the world... and if she might crack under the pressure.

Last edited:

ExoGrim

ZombieSplitter53 and ExoGrim
Research and Discovery

Fairaven
Fairaven Institute of Magic
June 21st 3349
9:22am

The creature in the cage thrashed about, looking otherworldly as it's many pustules leaked and popped. The creature tried it's best to free it's self, but the man in front of it had made sure to fortify the bars so that escape was impossible. The man jotted down a few notes on the clipboard in his hands. "Hmmm... It appears that basilisks have a adverse effect to chaos corruption. Perhaps there bodies can not handle the amount of energy that comes with the corruption. More research will be needed on this subject."

"How is your research coming along?" Alfonda Charmles, the Elf who betray Havenbrook for Fairaven, walked in. He looked into the cage, and felt he might gag. "W-what the..."

"An unfortunate side effect of chaotic corruption that this species suffers from." The researcher remarked. "Don't worry, it'll be put down as soon as my research is complete. It would be a crime to continue it's suffering."

Charmles chuckled grimly. "Yes... a crime indeed. I, ahem, was asked for a report on you work. Higher ups and their insistence on breathing down our necks, you know?"

"And which project do they wish to know about?" The man cocked an eyebrow.

"Um..." Alfondo looked over his notes. "The... positive effects of Chaos and Celestial corruption on monsters. I guess they want to know if you have found anything that doesn't..." He glanced over at the cage. "...end up like this."

"I've found a few." The researcher checked his notes. "Snakes, worgs, on rare occasion a dire bear will survive, a few of my hawks survived as well. But, for the most part, it seems intelligence may be required to make through the process. Worgs, owlbears, giants, people even."

Charmles raised an eyebrow. "People?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't make assumption like that." The scientist shrugged. "I would only know for certain if I had a volunteer... or if someone is already out there with notes on the subject."

"Actually..." Charmles rubbed her chin. "I know of someone..."

"Would you mind telling me who it is then?" The man asked. "Perhaps I can pay them a visit."

"His name is Zulik." Alfondo smiled. "Before I was rid of my previous miserable employment, the woman who stole my job used to have frequent private encounters with him. Likely lovers of some sort. She surely couldn't find anyone else. At any rate, he was an odd one. Claimed to have survived a major dose of corruption, and as hard as it is to believe, his ghastly appearance seemed to support this claim."

"Is this the same woman you stole the research notes on the Demon child from?" The man hummed with amusement.

Charmles balled his hands into fists. "I stole nothing. That creature was under the care of the guild, not her personal pets. She had no right to horde it or keep her notes secret from the rest of us. It was her selfishness, and naturally the institute's generosity, that pushed me to leave."

"Fair enough." The researcher nodded his head. "Though, I do wish they shared that generosity when asked to test the Demon's reaction to Celestial corruption. According to them, the original caretaker, Erin Starstorm, had demanded that the child remain unharmed and there was no telling what celestial corruption would do to a naturally chaotic creature."

Charmles grinned. "Well... what she wouldn't know..."

"Malinspel!" a familiar angry, female voice cried out. "Where are you, you toad?!"

"Right here." Malinspel said, his eyes not leaving his clipboard. "And you know I prefer to be called Drake, why do you bother remembering my last name?"

"Because first names are for friends and valued colleagues, and you are neither!" Mary Avalon, one of the higher ranking scientists and secretly a contact for Erin, stormed in. "What have you done...?" She gasped when she looked into the cage. "My basilisk! What have you done?! Why did you take them all?! One would have been enough for your twisted curiosity!"

Drake sighed. "Because I needed to be able to see all variations in the process. You know just as well as I do is that research takes more than one trial."

"But all of them?!" Mary stomped her foot. "You torture these poor creatures for your experiments, your experiments that are incredibly inhuman, and you took all seven of them!"

"Seven just happened to be enough to make sure that all variation were shown." Drake stated. "And don't worry, they'll be cleanse when I am finished."

Mary pulled at her hair. "You are infuriating, you know that?!"

"I'm just doing the job I was given." The scientist said nonchalantly. "Which is to research whatever I feel can benefit us with knowledge for the future."

"Is that right?" Mary folded her arms. "And what do you have planned next?"

"Depends, has the Farseer's son said anything yet?" Drake inquired. "Or is he still providing the silent treatment?"

The female elf scoffed. "You know he tends to be. You have to give him time." She looked at Alfondo and narrowed her eyes. "What's that look?"

Charmles shrugged and averted his eyes. "What look? You always imagine these looks."

"Don't give me that, I know that look!"

"You're out of your mind, you know that?"

"It is the look you have when you're hiding something." Mary turned to Drake. "What were you talking about before I came in?"

"A man by the name of Zulik that Charmles believes could help me with my research." Drake answered, not seeming to care about secrecy.

Charmles quickly nodded. "Yeah, we weren't talking about... anything else."

"Damn, you are such a bad liar. Mr. 'Drake' here is a slime, but at least you can trust him to be a slime." Mary tapped her foot as she thought. "Zulik... he's... Havenbrook... Erin Stars... were you talking about the demon girl?"

"Yeah, I had brought up the denial of my test I wanted to make on the child, and the notes he had stolen to obtain her." Drake replied.

Mary suddenly took a swing at Charmles, him only able to dodge because he was expecting it. "Now you listen to me, Malinspel! You will not touch one hair on her as long as I am still in charge of her study." She pointed at Charmles. "This idiot already screwed up royally with her, pushing her to the point that she nearly starved herself. And I don't trust either of you. Difference is, if I asked him for a cup of tea, I'd expect to get a cup of coffee filled with honey. If I asked you for a cup of tea, I'd expect a perfectly normally looking cup of tea laced with some experimental substances you wish to test on me. Hands... off... Eliza. Or I will report you. Are we clear?"

"Crystal." Drake responded, not evening looking up from his clipboard. "I only do what I am permitted to do by the council."

"Good. At least we have one understanding." She glanced over at the cell one last timing, giving the dying features a sad look, before storming off.

"Contemptuous harlot," Charmles said after he was sure she was gone. "Who does she think she is? You should not let her talk to you like that. You should... I don't know. Snap back! Or... report her for trying to interfere with your work!"

"That would simply take too long to do." Drake muttered. "As the process of complaint takes at least a week to follow through and then you have to consider her counter argument and then it just gets messy after that."

"I see. Well... ahem, enough of the loud mouthed wench." Charmles walked a bit closer, rubbing his hands together excitedly. "I was hoping to unveil my prized project to the counsel soon, and I can think of no one better to give a first look then someone with your dedication, appreciation for hard work, and, um... your tenure and high popularity with the counsel who might put in a good word for... me?"

"That'll have to wait." Drake state as he lowered his clipboard and began to walk off. "I have someone I need to talk to in Serasam."

"Yeah, but..." Charmles held out a hand, but Drake didn't stop. "D... damn it..." With a sulk, he walked off to return to his lab.

Drake left the building, making his way to his private carriage and getting inside. "We shall make our way to the Havenbrook Manor. I have someone there I'd like to talk to."

ExoGrim

Generosity from a Strange Place

Serasam
Melinem Town Center, Toothbleed Tavern
June 21st, 3349
9:45pm

Dusk faded on the small tavern north of town. The stars began to show their presence in the night sky, leaving a glimmer in the air. The inside of the tavern was still robust and full of activity. People cheered and downed a variety of different kinds of alcoholic drinks. A cloaked man slowly opened the door and approached the bar proper. The wanderer looked up at the man at the counter, his beat red eyes showing the hunger hidden inside of him. The bartender looked unsettled by the looked, clearing his throat nervously as he checked up on his new customer.

“How may I help you?” He asked the cloaked man.

“I’ll take a few rations for the road.” The man muttered. “I’m not going to stay here for long.”

The bartender raised a concerned eyebrow. “And why is that? We’re a friendly group… even if we sometimes don’t act like it.”

The wanderer turned to the wanted poster, pointing at a familiar face on the board. “That’s why.”

The man looked at the picture skeptically, then looked back at the wanderer. The red eyes. The large cloak. It all started to click in the bartender's head. “So… you’re the one named Kal. Listen… I’m not opposed to you leaving, but do know that I’ve housed criminals and traitors before. You’re welcome to stay here until they give up the search.”

A second man came up with the rations, placing them next to Kal. “I would take your offer, but I’m looking for someone right now.”

“Looking for someone, eh?” The bartender chuckled. “Maybe you could tell me who it is and I can help you search for ‘em.”

The traitor sighed. “I would, if I knew who it was. All I know is there location: a guild somewhere in this part of Serasam.”

“Guild… hmmm.” The bartender thought for a moment. “You must be referring to the Havenbrook Organization. They’re the closest guild to this small town of ours. If you want to find anyone, there is the best place to look.”

“Havenbrook, uh?” Kal thought for a moment. “It’s north of here, correct?”

“Correct indeed.”

The criminal smiled. “Then that’s where he is. Thank you for your help. And here’s the payment for the food.”

Kal placed his coin pouch on the table, one filled to the brim with gold coins. The bartender looked at the stuffed pouch if shock. “This is for us?”

“Yeah.” Kal opened the door, looking back at the surprised man. “It should be enough to fix your roof and get something new on your shelves.”

Tears of joy slowly formed around the man’s eyes. “Thank you sir. This means the world to me. Is there anything I can do to repay you.”

“Just a warm welcome if I return and your name will be fine.” Kal stated nonchalantly.

“Right, my name is Marcus.” The bartender replied. “And I can promise that you will always be welcome back here.”

Kal sighed briefly, his smile still showing. “I’ll hopefully see you later than Marcus.”