X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
X-COM Corridors
1300 Hours

Ayame reads a message on an electronic bulletin board. She smiles when she reads that both Stevie and Aaron got a promotion. Her smile immediately drops when she sees that both of them, as well as Zain, were assigned to assault the alien base in a few days. Her eyes dart back and forth as the prospect of losing three of her friends all at once hits her. She almost doesn't notice Jessica as she passes, barely able to walk under the weight of her sister. "Jessica? Is everything okay?"

Jessica's angry expression softens slightly. "Oh, A-Ayame. I-I've been better. Argh...should have...asked Aaron...for help."

Ayame rushes over to her and helps Jessica carry Alexia. She notices the girl is the same one she had got into a fight with only a few days prior, but doesn't say anything. Curious about what is going on, she stays quiet, following Jessica's lead. They make their way to Jessica's room, and they lay Alexia on the bed, who groggily looks up at the ceiling. Ayame looks at a slightly panicked looking Jessica, asking, "Who is this?"

"She's my little sister Alexia. And...a-and she was just...violated." Jessica looks around, trying to think what she should do. Ayame gasps and rushes to Alexia's side, completely forgetting her earlier animosity towards her. "Listen...can...can you stay here with her? I'm...I'm going to run to the infirmary. I need to see if we have a rape-kit."

Ayame nods, but Alexia springs up. She stumbles to the ground, and practically crawls to the door, blocking Jessica's exit. "No! Are...are you crazy?!" Alexia tries to hide her drunken slur.

"Alex, move!" Jessica shouts. Alexia rapidly shakes her head, refusing to get out of the way.

"Alexia, please," Ayame says, stepping forward. "Jessica is only trying to help you. I know your head is probably all fuzzy right now, but if you were assaulted, she needs to..."

"Zain didn't fffffucking assault me!" Alexia screams. Ayame is dumbfounded to hear Zain's name. "I wanted to sleep with him! I probably wanted it more then he did!"

"No, you're wrong!" Jessica grabs both of Alexia's shoulders. "You're drunk. I mean, look at you. You can barely stand!"

Ayame looks confused, the thought of her friend Zain doing what he was being accused of. "Was...was Zain drinking too?"

"It doesn't matter!" Jessica practically barks at Ayame. "It was his alcohol! He dragged her to his room! He got her smashed and stuck his dick in her!" Jessica looks as though she is about to cry.

"Stop it, Jessica." Alexia woozily climbs to her feet. "Zain didn't drag me anywhere. He invited me, and I excepted. And for your information, I told him I liked him before having anything to drink. So stop it already."

Ayame looks confused. "I...I didn't know you were going out."

"They aren't," Jessica says, shaking her head. "How many times have you met him before today? Twice?"

"It doesn't matter." Alexia stumbles over to the bed. "I wanted some company, he gave me some company. I wanted a drink, he gave me a drink. I wanted to screw, and he..."

Jessica walks over to Alexia and slaps her hard on the face. "How can you be so stupid! He used you, Alexia. Just like all those men I always warned you about. They tell you how much they love you, how special you are, how much you mean to them, and then they get their kicks and they're out the door before they're flaccid."

Ayame gasps, and rushes to Alexia's side as Alexia's eyes start to water. "Jessica...I know I'm a third wheel right now, but...don't you think you're going too far? You've gone from sounding concerned for her to...hitting her. If she is the victim here..."

Jessica shakes her head. "Its because she made a terrible mistake, and she isn't taking responsibility for it. She needs to understand that he took advantage of her."

"I don't care," Alexia mumbles, Ayame wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Come again?" Jessica takes a step towards her.

"I DON"T CARE!" Alexia shouts, making Ayame jump. "He made me happy! Doesn't that matter at all."

"Even if he used you?!" Jessica asks in surprise.

Alexia nods. "Yes, even if he used me. Because he used me. Because he noticed me. Because for once, somebody actually seemed to want to spend some time with me for my sake, not so they could get closer to you. For once, I felt like someone was thinking of me as Alexia, not just 'Jessica's sister'. So even if he used me...even if he took advantage of me...even if I end up hating myself in the morning...even if I was Zain's second choice, it was my mistake to make, and for the time being, I don't regret it."

Jessica looks mortified. "Do...do you resent me that much? A-Alexia...I...I..."

Alexia looks down, tears flowing down to the floor. Ayame wraps her arms around her, stroking her hair. "Jessica...how well do you know Zain?" Jessica looks flabbergasted. She stares at Alexia in shock, trying to get regain her composure. "Jessica? Did you hear me?"

Jessica shakes her head. "I, um...I've had several talks with him...and I've had some drinks with him, including at that party..."

"Have you been drunk around him other then at the party? Have you been alone with him?"

Jessica sits on her bed. "Y-Yeah, I have. Both, actually."

Ayame motions for Jessica to sit next to her and Alexia. "Listen, Jessica, I know you're upset. I'm guessing you probably didn't find out about...this...under the best circumstances. But please just calm down and think. Did Zain ever do anything to you when he was with you?"

"Um..." Jessica thinks as she moves next to Alexia. "No...I guess not. I mean...I fell asleep, and I don't...but he might have thought since Alexia is younger..."

Ayame stands up and grabs Jessica's arms, putting it around Alexia's shoulder. "Why don't you just sleep on it, and when you've had a chance to calm down, think about whether you really believe Zain is capable of doing something like that. In the meantime, just...be there for each other."

As Ayame starts to leave, Jessica says, "Thank you Ayame," Ayame smiles back at her and leaves. Jessica tightly squeezes Alexia.

"I'm sorry, Jessie," Alexia whispers weakly, closing her eyes.

"So am I, Alex. I shouldn't have yelled at you, and I shouldn't have slapped you." She kisses Alexia on the cheek and slowly strokes her hair. After a few minutes, Alexia falls asleep. Jessica lays her down and covers her up, giving her another kiss on the forehead. She glances at her watch, and with a reluctant sigh, changes into her uniform and heads to work.

Last edited:

Meaningofbread

Base log #: ???

Name: Anja Kjear

Great. Just great. Another GODDAM mission and still no promotion. "You're on, Anja." Says the CO. And whay do they use me for? A portable ambulance. Yes, its my job to keep these crazy ass knuckleheads in line. Yes, its my job to keep people from going to the great beyond. But when Zain dies, (And trust me, that fat head is going to explode any second now.) the commander is going to be stuck with a second rate captain bored out of her god damned mind. I don't mean to be rowdy, and I won't act like it, (I would be throwing chairs if Jasmin wasn't in the room) but I'm just looking for some more recognition. I have even started using small "Anti-Peptalks" in a a vain attempt to keep my mind from falling falling asleep.

Oh, and the base is MUCH worse. So much god damned drama, I can't take take this anymore. Am I the only female (Beside Vahlen) who hasn't gotten themselves into a drunken stupor, and then slept with a man? You would think that this is all one horrible, horrible episode of Dawsons Creek. I just wish everyone would get their stupid shit together, and act like a military unit.

Ha! "Best of the Best" my ass. More like some sort of giggling high school clique.

The only point I'm trying to make here here is that, I'm mad as shit, and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Oh wait, I have to. Or else I'm iced.

FOR HELVEDT

Anja

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Zain and Booker's Room
0600 hours

Zain wakes up, following the events that happened in his room with Alexia. Zain doesn't say a word until he sees his colonel badge "Me a fucking colonel then doing that." He throws his badge in the bin and shows no urge to get it back; afterwards, he goes through his drawer which contains pictures of all the people he's met in XCOM and flicks through it. First he finds Jessica's and rips it into 5 or six piece; next he grabs Alexia's picture and rubs his hand across the picture but, out of anger, he throws to the middle of the room. He gets changed into his gym clothes and heads off to the gym, luckily very few people know about the incident so not many of them know why he is sad. He once again starts punching the punching bag it can be seen he is putting in a lot more force, likely fueled with his anger against himself. Zain laughs at himself "I criticised someone for going for a girl years younger than him and then try to have sex with her. I'm no better than that goddamn pervert Dr Lee."

Zain approaches the wall "I don't even fucking care if my knuckles start bleeding again or if I break my whole motherfucking hand." He starts punching it aggressively and after five minutes of punching, he has bloody knuckles but he continues. After another five minutes, his hands are in pain so he stops and washes the blood off in the showers. He goes back to his bed, grabs some tissues and tries to stop more bleeding from his knuckles "Where's my fucking cocaine when I need it. Zain picks up the pieces of Jessica's photo and picks up Alexia's photo "Which one? Do I get labelled as a pervert or the guy who fucked 2 sisters." Zain puts both pictures back in his drawer but tapes together Jessica's photo first. "Women, all they do is cause problems; before I got into this shit, I was completely fine but now I fuck up once and I lose the first two people who I actually liked. Zain lies down and goes back to sleep.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between AaronBryant & ZombieSplitter53

Dr. Faye sits in the medical bay break room looking absolutely haggard. She sips her coffee and rubs her temples. "Overworked?" Jessica asks, taking a seat across from her. She extends a hand, saying, "I'm Jessica. I think we met briefly at orientation."

Dr. Faye sighs. "Just a tad, darling. Ms. Chambers i presume?" She shakes the hand very lightly.

"I can tell. Plus someone was sent to talk to me because of how heavy your case load is. Didn't expect that."

"I had to go through the entirety of the self-mutilation case files this week, and I had Zain, and i haven't seen Aaron since he was cleared for the field. I know I shouldn't have favorites, but he was my first patient here, and he reminds me of my son. I've also been recently asked to do a Pysch Evaluation for that Russian woman. Anna Stone if i recall."

Jessica thinks for a moment, seemingly curious about all of them. "So how...how was Aaron doing when you last saw him? Y-You know...in case you're busy and he needs to talk to me?"

"Ms. Chambers." She makes a tsk-tsk noise. "Medical practice states to never disclose your patients information . . . However, I haven't gossiped in about four months, so I'll tell you what ever you want!" She thinks for a moment. "The last time i saw him, he was just starting to get out of the shell he made for himself, making friends and talking to people. I was very proud of him, his friends Ayame and Stevie were a good support system for a time, but it was about time for him to begin branching out across the base. When he first came in, he was almost a husk, he looked so truly dead inside it was all i could do to not cry for him. He has a heart that was meant to bear a heavy burden, but no matter how strong you are, you need people to just get through life. I'm quite sure you know what i mean darling."

"I know exactly what you mean. To quote Wexler, Berns, and Burke, everybody needs somebody to love. I mean, I was just telling him that the other night when..." Jessica trails off, realizing she let her big mouth get her in trouble again.

Dr. Faye's mouth drops "You didn't . . . OMG, DID YOU?" Dr. Faye looks at her with inquiring eyes, lusting for something secret and wrong.

"I-I didn't do anything obscene with him, I just...went out with him. And k-kissed him a few times. I'm sorry Doctor, I didn't come over here to pry confidential information out of you, I came over here because you looked upset. But when you mentioned Aaron, I was just curious."

"Oh, I'm just tired. Not enough fun, i suppose." Her head slumps on the desk. "I enjoy the conversation though, and as my appointed back-up, you are actually privy to all information. i was just having a bit of fun with the whole' you shouldn't know' thing." She sighs. " Was it good?" She giggles at her question.

Jessica smiles and nods. "I...I know you're tired...but is there any way I could bug you for some advice on the subject?"

"Oh god, yes, please bug me. I'm tired of work, not you sweetling." She sips her coffee. "What's troubling you?"

"Aaron really wants a full-on relationship, but I'm...hesitant. I haven't had much luck with men, and while Aaron seems great, you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. I'm not saying I think Aaron is like that...but I didn't think the last guy was like that either."

"Its true that you can never know a person until you get to know them, but if I'm being honest with you, that young man is very..." She struggles to find the word. "...shaken. Beyond that, he is courageous and honest, he relies too heavily on his friends, and I don't think he understands his own motivations for some of the things he does. He is a good kid though." She smiles. "He is going to try and move mountains for you." She takes a deep gulp. "How has your sister been doing? It must be so hard on some one so young having to live up to all that potential?"

Jessica sighs. "She's been working really hard, yet shows no sign of tiring. However, a recent incident makes me wonder if she is motivated by...her jealousy of the attention I receive because of my looks, and that makes me feel guilty."

"That's no good darling, you can't be caught up feeling like that, and she most certainly shouldn't be caught up in your shadow. She is too smart for that! She got here on her own brilliance and bravado. I'm sorry you feel this way, i hope she understands that she is beautiful and brilliant!" She looks at her empty coffee cup "Such a gorgeous young mind should not be wasted."

"I agree. I just wish she understood that. She shouldn't just start sleeping with..." Jessica slaps her hands over her mouth.

"Oh no. . . was it her first time? Did she have a condom?" Dr. Faye looks intrigued but concerned.

"Yes, it was...and no, I don't think she did. She ended up getting drunk and just...throwing away her innocence. Can you believe that?"

"Sadly, yes, it's common among geniuses to feel like outcast and ostracized, and to look for comfort in the arms of any one who will accept them. Is she okay?" Dr. Faye thinks back to her youth.

"Yes doctor, I think so. But when I found out about it, I'm afraid I was too hard on her, especially since she insists that she is happy with what she did."

"Her happiness is in the choice of the other person involved, not the actions themselves. Her continued happiness is all dependent on whether or not she owns up to the actions she has chosen, and learns from it or on the other party. Who was the individual?" Dr. Faye gets up and grabs a chunk of french bread and pours more coffee.

"She'll probably kill me for saying so, but you are a doctor. It was Colonel Shah."

"You're Shitting me." Dr. Faye covers her mouth. "Pardon my French, i just...this is quite shocking." She looks blank for a moment. "Thank you for sharing with me, and not expecting any thing in response. It feels nice to just talk to someone with out any digging being necessary, even if it is about things that are hard to discuss, Anything else you want to share?"

"No, but I feel bad. I came over here to make you feel better, and you're the one trying to help me."

"You have made me feel better! I feel like I made a friend darling, and don't you dare feel bad on my part, lest I lose all my hair! You need anything, you come right to me, understood?" She grasps Jessica's hand to assure her, smiling.

"Thank you. I will." She shakes the doctors hand, and takes her leave, a big smile on her face.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between Zain Shah & ZombieSplitter53

X-COM Mess-Hall
1130 Hours

Jessica and Alexia Chambers sit in silence, quietly eating they're lunches. The way they look at each other when the other person isn't looking implies they both want to say something, but neither of them do.

Zain sees them and immediately tries to stay as far from them as possible. "Fuck, I'm gonna have to deal with this now or I'll get into more shit." Zain sits at their table but as far from them as possible, waving at them halfheartedly, but without saying a single word.

Jessica gives him a cold stare, though not as cold as the other day. Alexia waves back, and Jessica turns her cold look towards her. Alexia returns the look, and stands up. Jessica gives her a 'don't you dare' head shake, but Alexia ignores it, walking over to Zain and taking a seat next to him.

"You probably shouldn't be talking to me." He points at Jessica and slides away from her.

Alexia's gasps, a shocked look on her face. Jessica walks over and sits across from them, giving Alexia an "I told you so" look. Alexia hangs her head down, letting out a sad sigh.

Zain finally speaks at his normal volume "Wait, what's wrong?" Zain looks at both of their faces.

Jessica shrugs. "Nothing. Things a e happening exactly like I thought they would. Not that I'm happy about being right."

Without looking up, Alexia mumbles, "She said you were just using me, and that you'll just try to avoid me once you had your fill."

"I'm not avoiding you, your sister didn't approve of what happened that night, so I thought that she would be against you even talking to me."

Jessica sighs. "Well, that is very considerate of you, but all it says to me is you're avoiding the issue. Tell me, did you think of the consequences of your actions. I mean, the two of you barely know each other. Not to mention the fact that you were just chasing after me a few days prior, and that's assuming you aren't still doing so. Do you realize how that looks to me?"

"The truth is that I was upset that Aaron got you, and then Alexia said she liked me, and one thing led to another and here we are." Zain doesn't seem to be that upset anymore.

Jessica give him a serious look. "So you admit that she was just a place holder for me? Do you not understand how reprehensible that is? How that must make her feel?" Jessica motions towards her sister, who still hasn't looked up. "Put yourself in her shoes. Imagine you tell someone you care about them, and they seem to return your feelings, only for it to turn out they are actually after your brother."

"I still like her, but I thought we agreed that we'll see if she actually liked me or if it was the hormones talking. I respect that you chose Aaron, and I never said that I didn't like her."

Jessica starts to speak again, but stops when Alexia slides closer to Zain. She looks up at her sister and says, "Its okay, Jessie. Even if nothing works out, at least Zain is giving me a chance." She looks up at Zain. "He obviously seems upset, and I don't think he would be if he didn't care."

Zain looks at Alexia "You still haven't given me an answer yet."

Alexia wraps her arms around Zain's arm, resting her head against his shoulder and closing her eyes. "I feel like the hormones have waned...but I still believe that I like you, Zain." Jessica's expression softens for the first time.

"Aren't you worried about what people will think of us as? The pervert and the slut who gives herself to older men, society is fucked up." He rubs her back. Alexia thinks for a moment, but reaches for Zain's head and gives him a long kiss as an answer. "So Jessica, do you still have a problem with this?"

Jessica nods slightly. "Yes, I do. But..." She sighs lightly. "But if this is what Alexia wants, I won' try to stop her. She's a woman now, in more ways then one, thanks to you, so she is free to make her own decisions."

She turns to Alexia. "Can you get us all something to drink please." Alexia looks hesitantly between her and Zain, but stands up and walks away. Once she is out of earshot, Jessica looks at Zain. She still looks serious, but she doesn't seem as angry as before. "I need to know what you think about her when she isn't around to influence what you say."

"Alright?" Zain gives her an odd look.

"Zain, I know how angry I seem, so you probably find this hard to believe, but I've actually been restraining myself. And you can thank Ayame for that. She told me to ask myself if I really believed you'd be capable of taking advantage of someone like Alexia, and I don't think you are, at least not intentionally. But I need to know if you really care about her, or if it was just a one night stand, because she obviously doesn't think it was. She might be a woman now, as well as being smarter and more capable then me, but she is still my baby sister, and all I want to do is protect her. You understand, right?"

"I understand...I wish I was as good as you are to my little sister." A disturbing thought enters his mind. "The only thing is that I saw her like a little sister before all of this and I think it'd affect our relationship...Maybe it's best we stay friends because I really don't want to picture her as my sister." A disturbed look comes on his face.

Jessica chuckles, and reaches over and places a hand onto of one of Zain's. "I would hope those thoughts would go away after sleeping with her. Of course, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe the best way to stop thinking of her as a sister is to think of her as a girlfriend. She already seems to have those feelings for you."

"Yeah, I guess you're right...wow, who would've thought that it would all work out the way it did." Zain gives her a heartfelt smile. "So when are you and Aaron fucking? I mean, you two have had more time and you still haven't done it." Zain's heartfelt smile turns into a laugh.

Alexia nearly drops the drinks as she walks up behind Zain. "Wow... sure came back at an awkward time, didn't I."

Jessica laughs loudly. "I'm trying to take things slower then you two. You know, actually trying to get to know someone before bonking them. But...I don't know, I do think I'm starting to fall for him a bit. Maybe I could give him a reward for all his hard work."

"What's the fun in a relationship unless you get to have sex regularly? I feel bad for him, he probably hasn't had pussy in months, but I guess my 26 year old record is still pretty hard to beat."

"Oh, god," Jessica says, blushing. "I can't believe I'm talking about this in front of my baby sister."

"Lighten up a bit, sis," Alexia snuggles up against Zain. "Like you said, I'm a woman now, and you can even say I got to take someone else's virginity."

Jessica shakes her head. "And what was it you said the other day when I return to our room after going out with Aaron? Oh yeah!" Jessica looks to the side and pretends to retch.

Zain laughs, covering his mouth. "Well, at least you're not into that romantic bullshit, because I swear every line sounds cliche when you try and be romantic. Jessica, you gonna fuck his brains out, right?" He continues to tease Jessica.

Jessica shakes her head, finally relenting and saying, "Only if you approve. Of course, I'll be sure to head down to the infirmary and get some protection first." She raises an eyebrow at the pair, and Alexia looks down at her drink in embarrassment.

"Oh, shit...rookie mistake I guess." He looks over at Alexia. "I'm sure that there's nothing...we can get a pregnancy test."

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one who would get pregnant," Alexia says in an angry tone, but kisses him again to show she isn't serious.

Jessica stands up and smiles. "Well, I guess now that I'm fairly sure I can trust you, at least for the time being, maybe I should leave you guys alone. I'm sure you have a bit to talk about." She waves goodbye and takes her leave before they can argue otherwise.

"So, do you know if you can buy condoms on base? If we're doing it again, and I'm pretty sure we are, we need some protection just in case."

"Buy them? Stupid, you can get them for free from the infirmary. While it isn't exactly encouraged, they did anticipate that some of the people on base will get pent up being stuck underground for who knows how long, and stocked up. I...um, I picked up some contraceptive sponges yesterday. You know...just in case I needed them."

"Good call, I might be busy tonight with the alien base mission but we can do it tomorrow." Zain stands up and helps Alexia to stand. "Is there anything you wanna ask?"

Alexia looks into his eyes, and smiles. "Just...just tell me that you don't mind being seen as a pervert going out with the slut who gives herself to older men.

"I couldn't care less." He gives her a kiss, and the hormones make him try and take off her top, but he quickly realizes he's in a public place, so he stops.

Alexia laughs. "Which one of us is the slut? Save that for later, you horny hunk." She gives him one last kiss before walking away, seductively looking back at him as she goes.

Zain talks to his crotch while hiding it. "Come on, go down...we're in a public place...alright, time for the ultimate boner killer. Math." Zain starts doing math equations in his head and stops hiding, and goes the other way to his room.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
X-COM Main Community Showers
0700 Hours

Alexia peaks her head into the locker room and listens for a moment. Satisfied when she doesn't hear anything, she quickly walks in and strips down to her underwear. As she starts to take off her bra, Ayame suddenly walks in, intending for her usual quick in-and-out shower. Alexia yelps loudly, making Ayame jump several inches into the air. Seeing it is just Ayame, Alexia says, "Holy Hell, you scared the shit out of me!"

"I'm sorry, um, Alexia, right?" Ayame asks. and Alexia nods. "I usually try to get in here and take a shower as quickly as possible. Do you...want me to wait until you're done? I know how American women can be shy around other women, even when they have nothing to be ashamed of."

"Pfft, yeah, sure." Alexia slips off the rest of her clothes and stands with her hands on her hips. "Like I should be ashamed of this." Ayame blushes, looking away, and Alexia laughs. "Now who's the one that's shy?" Ayame gives her a cold look, and quickly takes off her own clothes, matching Alexia's stance. Alexia laughs again, saying, "Not bad. Small, but cute. Come on." As she walk into the showers, Ayame slaps her cheeks to try and get the redness out, and follows her in.

As they begin showering, Alexia says, "Your name is Ayame, right? You know, that was really nice, what you said the other a day. Especially considering the way we met. Can I say something I...I usually don't say to people?"

Ayame shrugs, saying , "Yeah, go ahead," obviously expecting another smart-ass remark.

To her surprise, Alexia say, "I'm...sorry. I shouldn't have assumed you were a child, and when I found out you were a soldier, I should have been more considerate. You weren't being bitchy, I was."

Ayame chuckles. "Thank you, but I was being pretty bitchy myself. And I defiantly shouldn't have
attacked you like that. I was mad at you for calling me a child, and then I threw a fit just like one."

"Friends?' Alexia says, extending her hand.

"Friends," Ayame returns, shaking Alexia's hand. She turns around and moves her hair over her chest. "Will you get my back?" As Alexia washes her back, she asks, "So...you and Zain, huh? Didn't know he had it in him."

"Me either," Alexia says. "Honestly, I half expected him to laugh at me when I said I liked him. I'm happy he doesn't mind my age. You're friends with him, right? I'm surprised he didn't come on to you."

Ayame smiles. "Yeah, well, that's complicated, but...I guess you can take it as a sign that he's a good guy."

Alexia finishes and turns around, Ayame washing her back. "Can I...c-can I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Did it hurt the first time for you?"

Ayame thinks. "The first time? Oh...oh you mean...um, yeah, it did. I mean, I'm sure you know why, as did I, but I'll admit that it hurt more then I expected. Luckily my...partner knew this would be the case, and took measures to limit the pain."

Alexia chuckles. "Yeah, well, we were kinda caught up in the moment, so we didn't really think about that."

"Yeah, well, men usually don't."

"But yours did?" Alexia asks. When Ayame doesn't answer after a moment, Alexia smiles. "Oh, I understand. A woman would be more mindful of that, wouldn't she. Was she hot?"

Ayame laughs. "Unbelievably hot. She kind of looked like you, but with Jessica's...um..."

"Tits?" Alexia turns to her. She grasps her own breasts, saying, "I don't think mine are that bad, do you."

Ayame bursts out laughing. "Ya know, most straight women would feel uncomfortable being naked around a lesbian."

Alexia shrugs. "I'm not ignorant enough to think you'd doing something obscene just because you might be attracted to me, no matter how irresistible I might be."

They turn off the showers, and as they reenter the locker room, Ayame says, "You're really confident, aren't you? Its...refreshing."

Alexia slips on her clothes, responding, "Thanks. I find that pride is bad if it is too great, but that doesn't mean you can't love yourself."

"I guess you're right." Ayame finishes dressing, and the two walk out together. As Ayame starts to leave, she says, "I really enjoyed your company. I hope we can talk again soon. Send Zain my best regards"

"You got it." The two shake hands one last time with a smile, and part ways.

Last edited:

AaronBryant

(these events take place before the alien base)

Tytus the Tyrant

Aaron sits in the gym his crutches by his side and his body covered in sweat running is a lot harder when your legs arent doing all they should be. He pulls out his bible and trys finding all he can read on healing of spiritual wounds and forgiveness. Anna Walks into the gym wearing a grey tank top and jeans, she turns on one of the treadmills and starts casually jogging. Aaron Looks around his head not in the good word at the moment and sees Anna. He picks up his crutches and walks over to her "Uh hey Anna, did you like the claw?".

Anna looks over at him. " The Claw?" Aaron seems confused "Oh um ask Ayame about it the next time you see her i snagged one off a dead chrysalid and thought you should have it seeing as how you were so personally affected by them". Anna's head perks up and she steps off the treadmill. " Oh the Claw... I love it... It sparkles in the light just the right way... I just want to just stare at it for hours... ". Aarons head cocks to the left "Um ok? Are you being sarcastic?". Anna blinks a few times as if she's just broken out of a trance. " Uhh yeah... Sorry... So how're you're injuries? ".

"Healing, well" He hobble/jogs on the treadmill "Tomorrow i should be able to get out on the field again." His hobbling turns into a full jog "Then maybe after ive gotten a little stronger ill take down Tytus. He is the asshole who did this to me. . . How about you? Are you ok?". Anna crosses her arms. " I'm sorry Aaron... All that Asshole wants is an excuse to beat the shit out of all the Soldiers... We don't train in Hand to hand combat for a reason, and that Asshole knows it...".

"I train hand to hand every day, if i cant rely on my body to kill then i have no right to rely on a weapon. He is an asshole and i dont plan on letting him continue his brand of Tyranny." "But how are you? you seem a little distracted?" Aaron seems concerned. Anna rubs her arm. " I've felt... Different lately... Like I'm not myself... I've also been having bad dreams but that's not really anything new... ". "You think it has anything to do with you being gutted by the chrysalids?" He inquires. " That was a long time ago... If something was going to happen, wouldn't have happened by now? " she asks unsure.

"Well and this is funny in a universal way, I studied viruses and zombies for quite a long time. A virus can be inactive in a human being for a long time there were cases of diseases that took 7 years before showing symptoms. I mean its probably not something for you to worry about though the chrysalid infection is seemingly instantaneous. . . But inside a human who is alive it may lay dormant. . . Whats your favorite thing about the claw again?" Aaron asks with intent in his eyes. Anna glares at him. " Aaron stop... I'm Fine... ".

Aaron stops the treadmill and puts his hands behind his head "Yes mame just if you lose periods of time or find yourself becoming hungrier than usual . . " He laughs "Just kidding! I cant wait to see you on the field you were recently cleared right?". Anna smiles " Yeah, I will be going out there soon... I'm going to be a Support. " Aaron show enthusiasm "That suits you your pretty helpful didnt you used to be an engineer to?".

" Yeah, in the Russian military... I'm better at building weapons than firing them though... " Anna say a little unsure. Anna smiles " Heh, I'll try to! ". Aaron sits down "This may seem like weird question. . . but im just going to ask it ignore it if you feel uncomfortable answering it. If you had loved some on with all your heart and then they were takin from you would it be ok if after half a year of isolation "his eyes seem to focus on the distance then be lost completely "and pent up rage being beaten into a bag, running like a mad man, not letting some one all the way in, do you think after all that its ok to let some one else in?"

Anna thinks for a moment. " Well I might not be the best person you could ask... I've never been in love before... But in my opinion... Yes I do think its okay... I'm sure that your previous love would want you to find someone new... ". Aaron laughs nervously "Thanks I appreciate that, I gotta go back to my room the doc said i cant work out to hard while im in this condition and that i need to put my energy to healing." Anna walks back to the treadmill. " Alright Aaron, You be careful out there okay?". "Pleeaaasee im to awesome to get killed" he smirks hopping away.

Anna Waves him out, then mutters to herself. " Arrogant bastard... "

AaronBryant

______
Email
----------
To: Commander Odd

Commander,
In light of the recent successes i have achieved i would ask of you three favors. A heavy plasma. Im accurate as you have seen but i couldnt kill that chrysalid before it got to Zain and that was purely my hardware and not my fault. If i had a heavy plasma I would most certainly wipe clean the filth our enemies lies in front of us at you command. Second My call sign i would and forgive me because this may seem Childish to have my callsign changed to "Knight" or "Paladin" both have deep personal meaning to me and i would appreciate it most wonderfully. Third after the events at the alien base i suppose a helmet would not be a bad thing unless you think it would mess up my aim. I appreciate you time and look forward to killing some more aliens!

Aaron justin Bryant

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
______
Email
----------
To: Commander Odd

Commander,
In light of the recent successes i have achieved i would ask of you three favors. A heavy plasma. Im accurate as you have seen but i couldnt kill that chrysalid before it got to Zain and that was purely my hardware and not my fault. If i had a heavy plasma I would most certainly wipe clean the filth our enemies lies in front of us at you command. Second My call sign i would and forgive me because this may seem Childish to have my callsign changed to "Knight" or "Paladin" both have deep personal meaning to me and i would appreciate it most wonderfully. Third after the events at the alien base i suppose a helmet would not be a bad thing unless you think it would mess up my aim. I appreciate you time and look forward to killing some more aliens!

Aaron justin Bryant

I will honor one of these requests. Stay tuned ;)

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Combat Log 1 :

Well it finally happened... My first mission... When I heard my name over the intercom my heart filled with a Mixture of Fear and Excitement, before I left Ayame gave me the biggest hug... I could see some tears welling up in her eyes... As if she thought this was the last time we would see each other... and to be honest... I thought that too...

I got up to the Skyranger and I was greeted by Aaron leaning on a rack of Armor... One left... With my name on it... I threw on this Plating made of an Cryssalid's Skin... Ironic isn't it? To be protected by the skin of the Creature that Ripped you to pieces... But it felt so natural, The way it moved with my body, the way it stuck to my skin... It was like I was meant to wear this Armor... Then I put on the Titan Armor, Despite it being a Shell of 4 inch Alien Alloy it was surprisingly comfortable... After that I Donned my helmet ( My Awesome, Awesome helmet ) And sat down in the Skyranger, on my way to the Battleship...

When we dropped I saw a strange Maze of a Ship made of a Dark and Grey Metal, We set up at a door and opened it, then we went up to another, after that we saw another door, we piled up on this one, but right before we opened it a Cyberdisk floated around the corner and Landed in the middle of us, Everyone scattered, I ran back to the previous door and grabbed a wall for cover, we then start unloading into it, I'm pretty Sure that Anja next to me got the killing blow...

We then grouped back up and opened the door to see a huge area, we stormed through it in formation and put ourselves against yet another door, we opened it and saw two Mutons standing there, they flung themselves into cover and but then I saw Colum and Aaron run in like idiots... I heard shots and ran up to get a better look, I saw Colum in a terrible situation, out of cover and vulnerable, I could hear the Commander panicking on the intercom but then the Muton ran straight into Colom and he blew it apart...

We went through another door but our path was blocked, the Commander told us to retreat and look for the remaining hostiles, after a bit of looking we found ourselves at, guess what, another door, we grouped up and slammed through it, revealing some floaters that we quickly dispatched... We came to another door... and once again slammed it open, before that though I saw Booker take some shots at what I Assume to be Aliens... After the door opened we saw a Muton Beserker... Commander odd told me to run out and take cover... I did what he said and in the corner of my eye I saw... Cryssalids... They ran up with blinding speed and stopped just behind the Muton... I thought I was going to die, as bait to draw out the aliens, but then I saw a rocket fly over my head and slamming into the Aliens in front of me, I saw Colum run up next to me and blow away the Muton... But then, Over the intercom I heard The Command tell me to take a shot at the other Cryssalid... I stood up and... I looked into it's eyes... It pierced me like a spear... I felt something... Take over me... I felt my arms throwing themselves to the right when I tried to fire, and my shot missed because of it... Then someone ran up behind me... Anja I think... She took a shot at the nearest Cryssalid and blew it away, The other one charged towards us, but thanks to Colum's Amazing reflexes he killed it mid run... Anja ran forward and into 3 more Cryssalids, Another rocket flew over my head and slammed into them, then the Commander ordered Me and Colum to charge forward and kill them, I looked into it's eyes but once again I felt like something was stopping me... With all my Power I fought off the feeling and pulled the trigger sending a ball of plasma through the Bastard's head... After that Anja and Colum killed the last two and we set up at the last door...

After we went through I looked up and saw two Heavy floaters, We ignored them while Anja and Colum ran up to the door on the Right... I saw one of those Commander Sectiods run through and be Immediately taken care of, with a Shot from Colum and Booker, Then Another ran past the door and Colum hit it right in the head... However Anja's shot missed it, It Grabbed a wall and I saw a Purple stream of light go into Anja's head... I heard her say something over the intercom... Something like... " Kill... Kill... Kill them all... " Colum ran in the room trying to save her but those floaters from before were waiting for him... he ran, grabbed some low cover, and took a shot at the Commander, killing it and freeing Anja... I stayed back... Watching shots from booker fly past my head, killing at least one of them... Farmer ran up to give Colum cover, but then I saw him run back out and hide, I wondered why... But Then I saw the floater that was responsible for wounding Colum, I reacted quickly leading it with a shot from my Rifle, hitting him right in the head... He was still moving somehow... After that I saw a Cyberdisk trailing behind Farmer... It opened up, blasting Farmer, I looked out at him and saw him reeling back, Limping and covered in blood... He ran back to Anja... and I lost sight of him after that, I was too focused on the Cyberdisk in front of me... I threw some smoke on top of the squad, hoping it would miss us... It flew above and behind me... Opened up... I thought it was the end for me... It blasted me with everything it had... I thought I was dead... Until I opened my eyes and saw that the Armor had taken the Entirety of the hit... The drones also took shots at me but they couldn't hit me through my smoke... Next I saw Colum blast the Cyberdisk with two massive shots... Then the Coup De Grace from Booker caused it to explode in a fiery storm... I pulled around the corner and eliminated the last Drone... and that was It... mission over... I had lived...

We got back on the Skyranger and flew back to the base... I saw Ayame waiting for me, The look on Her face when I walked out of that Ship with a huge burn mark in my armor... I'm not sure if she was Worried about the burn... or if she was Happy to see me standing...

*End of Log*

Last edited:

Jhon Markith

Journal Entry 19
Name: Stevie Steve

Well, I got a break from a mission for once. I'm not saying that I liked it, but it was nice to some what relax. It is kind of hard to relax when you have friend, great ones like Aaron, risking their lives and you could help. When Aaron got back I knew it was a hard fought battle. I don't often watch the missions if I am at the base, mainly because I don't want to see an image of losing someone and feel like I am helpless. I am happy that he dose not need me to protect him and might I just say that Aarons aim has improved tremendously.

On another note, my recent visions and nightmare evolutions have went back to were its the original nightmare. I am still curious to whom that was in those images in my head. I don't want any of these nightmares in the first place and because of them I could have died my first mission, but I didn't. I could have ended up like Ceaser, rest in peace soldier.

Now they have built some psionic labs or something, in simple word, if you have the gift you can do what the aliens do. If I am right, Aaron is going in with the first batch. To think about it, if me, Aaron and Ayame all had the 'gift', that would be bad ass. But I have to wonder, these aliens are all kinds of species yet they all work as one. With the knowledge that they can control our mind, who's not to say that there is a bigger guy controlling all these grunts and pawns, if you will. Its a scary thought. They all seem mutated and with this new found "gift", what will happen to us.

END OF JOURNAL ENTRY 19.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: Guì yīng Takahashi (Sister), Ayaka Takahashi (Niece), Masao Takahashi (Brother-in-Law)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log:

Ayame appears with cautious smile on her face. "I have to admit, when I saw that Anna's first mission was going to be against some huge, previously unexplored ship, I almost marched straight down to Commander Odd's office and give him a piece of either my mind or my fist. When she marched onto that ship and flew away, I burst into the tears I was barely holding back. I spent the entire time it took for her to get there crying, Persephone desperately trying to console me. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had the nerve to even watch the mission on the head-cams."

"As Anna slowly made her way through the base, I was so glad to see Aaron close by. I wanted Anna to get some experience, I really did, but I was also glad that she was able to hang back for a while. I held my back when she was ordered forward, and almost had a heart attack when I saw those stupid crystal bugs. As they charged forward, I remembered Anna's nightmares, and was terrified her dream would turn into a reality. Thank God Aaron was there with those rockets to weaken them up, and the others were there to finish them up when she missed her shot. Then she encountered three more of those things, and again Aaron had her back with another rocket. Man, I'm glad he was there, and this time Anna got to take one of them down."

"Of course, I thought I was going to die when Anna got hit by that Cyber Disk. She seemed okay afterwards, but I won't know for sure until I get a chance to talk to her. I thought the Commander should have let her have the kill, not his favorite, "Always shot with him instead of giving anyone else experience" soldier, but at least got to take out a drone."

Ayame closes her eyes for a few seconds. "As they came off the Skyranger, a sent Aaron a thank you look, and he smiled and nodded at me. As Anna walked out, she saw me and sent me a big smile. "I tried not to focus on the burns on her armor, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't worry me. I've never been so proud of someone in my life. I know that probably sounds weird considering she is older then me, and a lot more mature then me. But its true If I hadn't already promised myself to Persephone, and Anna wanted me to, I would have thrown her to the ground right there and...I...I should probably stop that train of thought before I say something really perverted."

"I've had a few conversations with my sister over the last several weeks. She's so supportive of my position here, and I love getting a chance to catch up, but she seems very secretive, as though she has thinks to ride, not that I'm one to talk. I also love talking to Ayaka, who seems unusually interested in Anna. I can't wait to talk to her again and let her know about Anna's promotion. In the meantime, Persephone should be back any minute now, and then we're gonna wait for Anna to be debriefed together." Ayame wipes some of her dried tears away. "I better make myself presentable."

AaronBryant

Name: Aaron Bryant
Current Rank: Major
Mission Name: Spectral future
Mission Objective:

• Locate the ship
  • Execute any surviving crew
  • Avoid damaging the ship further
Kills This Mission: 4 Dead Aliens
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 18

First thing i got to get off my chest I STILL HAD TO USE THE DAMN LASER GUN. Dont get me wrong i love that thing buti was the only heavy out there i should have had the heavy plasma. Ok now that im done complaining we got stacked on by a cyber disc first thing this mission it was a non issue though that heat ammo does melty wonders to those things. Then a couple mutons came our way we blasted them no problem. it was quite for a long time then we met up with a pack of floaters One was Anja, one had my name on it and then the last one tried to run but booker and farm had him covered.After that we kept pressing on when a Zerk showed up and his buddy. The regular was no match for a highly condensed ball of plasma going through his head. Anna moved up and then bam probably her worst fear came running straight for her a pack of Chrysalids. I called out to her "ANNA HOLD ON TO YOUR ASS" and i shot a rocket sadly this old girl doesnt seem to pack the punch she used to none of them went down though they looked messed up. Colum was a beast he ran up and rapid fired that beserker in the face Anna must have freaked cause she missed her shot on the chrysalids. Anja got one down and when that other chrysalid rushed us Colum said nope and shot his ass dead. Farmer sewed his crops with the last chrysalid and then another pack rushed us. I shredded them to hell and made it a lot easier for my friends to drop them. Report unfinished will resume later. We sweeped them right up. Then there were these two nasty lookin sectoid commanders we dropped them after they did that mind meld crap with Anja But not before 2 heavy floaters came into the mix. I wanted them so bad but booker damn booker is a better shot than even I haha he got the first one. Then Wooooooo a cyber disc comes floating in and we all felt the pressure. I watched and waited and saw the floater go by me and i HAD to have a piece of him so of course I WENT FUL THROTTLE then Anna backed me up with her shot. The cyber disc rolled around next and i swear the fucking thing damn near killed farmer i was scared for him. Colum went around the bend and cleaned house on the floater and then the cyber disc started up on us and fired on ANNA ILL BE DAMNED IF I LET AYAMES FRIENDS FALL. Colum and booker took him out before i could though so i settled for a drone it was a hard fought mission cant wait to see my friends back at base Bryant out.

AaronBryant

X-com Files
_-__-------__----____
Audio logs
-___----___--
Audio log: 16

" Im a major . . . . I never thought. . . . never dreamed i would in my military career face the kind of things that im facing." He sighs "I think about the life i have lead up to this point. The experiences i have had. I am unable to comprehend how some fail to see the power of God. I would not have turned my body into the weapon it is no had my fiance not died. I would not be where I am if i was not a heavy. I would not have meet Jessica if i had not meet Dr. Faye and that would not have happened if i was not depressed. I wouldnt have meet Stevie if i had not gone to the gym that day. I wouldnt have meet Ayame if i had not met stevie. I would not be who i am if all these events. . . . didnt happen and how would all these things happen by chance. I find it impossible. They asked me to step into these newly developed chambers. They said to me Aaron among all the soldier on the base you are the strongest in terms of raw willpower. I said No i am not strong. God is with me always and thats what makes me strong. They said there instruments told them i was strong and i said that they are reading the physical manifestation of our lord with in me. They had Jess with me when the tests were run. To be honest im Afraid, many would think that with my faith being so strong what would i have to fear. Jesus was the strongest of us all though ad he prayed to his father not to be nailed to the cross. I go into the tank tommorow i dont know what to expect but. . . I pray that im ok and come out stronger because of it. Audio log end."

AaronBryant

Somebody had to win. ( This happened before Alien base)

Aaron is in shorts and boxing gloves, Hitting a heavy bag still slightly bruised still a little shaken almost all healed and hungry for revenge. "Ding ding mother fucker". Zain walks into the gym and prepares by stretching. He then heads over to the punching bag where Aaron is "Hey Aaron, how'd the night go with Jessica?". Aaron turns to Zain with a serious face " You ok with that? and it was pretty fantastic". Zain admits "Actually I found someone else so you can take her, you won't have to compete anymore."

Aaron smiles "Who?" Glad his new friend and him would no longer have to fight over a girl. "We'll that's where it gets complicated, it's her sister Alexia." Zain has an embarrassed look on his face. Aaron drops his arms and slowly turns "Zaaaaaain?" he stares at him with demonic eyes. "It's only a 8 year difference and she was the one who said she liked me." Zain blurts out in defense. Aaron takes his gloves off "Did you" He steps toward him " Have coutis" He is in front of Zain "with that girl?" Aaron is breathing heavy. "Yup, it was the first for both of us; course it was the first day she is legally able to have sex but it's been fucking 26 years." Zain starts getting scared by Aaron "Cool your shit, you're starting to scare me."

Aaron grabs Zain by the shoulders "YOU INSENSITIVE LITTLE TWAT" He knees Zain in the gut. "WHAT THE HELL MAN?". Zain falls to the floor "HOLY CRAP THAT HURT!" After a few seconds, Zain gets up and regains his balance "Don't worry, Jessica said it's fine...And what was that for? That almost hit the baby-maker."

Aaron growls at him "YOU IDIOT your 5 years older than me and a Colonel do you not understand that you set the example on the base." Aaron sighs "Alexia is important to me because Jess is important to me. Whats more is she is" He is shaking with rage "She is Jessicas sister man how is that OK? you just AHHH" Aarons body is visibly shaking. "Fine" he looks at Zain "At least tell me that you used protection" He rubs his temples.

"Um...Er...How's it going with Jessica?" Zain tries to change the subject. Aaron stares at him and starts grinding his teeth "I just. . . . your 5 years older and im 5 times more mature" He rubs his temples. "What are you going to do if she gets pregnant Zain?". Zain says"I guess an abortion, I'm too young to deal with that shit."

Aaron looks at him "Im 21 and i was almost a father" His face goes dark and then it turns back "Im not saying abortion isnt the right choice im saying you shouldnt say it so non-challant you need to think about what she wants" He gives him a stone cold face " Because i was there and you know what its not your choice, its hers and should she want to keep her you need to be ready to assume that responsibility" he has a tear run down his face " because if she does decide to keep her IF it happens shes gunna need you."

"That's deep, but I don't think she wants a baby either and besides she would practically ruin her whole future by having a baby. She's a smart girl and she knows it; I know abortion isn't morally right but your whole view changes when its you." Zain tries to lighten the atmosphere "By the way, you may get your brains fucked out by Jessica and who was it that gave her this advice? Me!"

Aaron looks lost in thought "It was me once Zain and in front of my God and my girl i said i wasnt ready she said to either take the ring back or man u. I loved her to much to just give here up so i got over it and i was excited." Aaron snaps out of it, laughing nervously "Zain man sex isnt everything, i mean yea its fun but for me to get something out of it i gotta build up to it. Besides id much rather" Aaron scratches his chin " pleasure her than get my self off. Seeing women in rapture is my personal earthly heaven. Im much better with my hands and mouth than any other part of me." He smiles sheepishly.

"For me, sex is a two way thing; we pleasure each other otherwise if you only pleasure her and she doesn't pleasure you, you become the slave of the relationship and she becomes the queen. It's healthy to have and to give pleasure." Aaron looks at him "You must be deaf cause you didnt hear giving pleasure is my pleasure. Its weird i guess but that makes me happy." he punches Zains shoulder. "You better start using your head kapesh? and not just the one down there" Aaron laughs.

"I'll try but I prefer to use it as a body part for hurting people. Make sure you bang Jessica otherwise there was no point in letting you have her, alright?" Zain says being half serious. Aaron looks at him as if to say really. "Yes sir right away sir" He says the sarcasm steeping his voice. "Trust me we are going to get there I just like to enjoy to the ride and another thing! You couldnt get a classy belle like Jess if she gave you directions" He laughs. "You better be good to her sis cause if you hurt her it wont be me or jess who kills you. Im going to teach Alexia how to do it herself!" the last part he says rather coldly.

"Well I better start practising if it comes down to that." Zain smiles and punches the punching bag once. Aaron puts his gloves back on and tosses Zain a pair "Im still a little pissed with you. I dont like being pissed put the gloves on we will kick each others ass and then itll be done ok?". "Alright." Zain puts on the gloves and gets into the boxer position that Tytus taught him and instantly hits an uppercut.

Aaron cricks his neck "Nice" And Throws one right back using all the power in his legs rocking Zain "But i have been doing this since i was seven" His arms come back to his face defensively. He begins bobbing and weaving "dont forget to dance". Zain recovers and goes for a fake right hook followed by a left hook. Aaron misses the dodge but his hands were kept up abosrbing most of the blow. He Combos a left jab at Zains face which is blocked leaving Zains body open he goes in for a right jab right upper cut the jab hits.

"Not bad but here's the big hit." Zain mimics Tytus' deadly combo; first he shoots a right hook at Aaron's face, then spins around and elbows him in the shoulder and finally comes around for another right hook at Aaron's face again. The elbow to the shoulder confuses Aaron allowing the second right hook to hit he stumbels " No Elbows in the ring Man!" As Zain fixes his feet Aaron does a full on straight right and lands Zain on his Ass. "And you never ever let go of your foot work either" Aaron takes off his glove some bruises starting to show "Good spar man" he offers his hand.

Zain takes his hand and gets up "I think I should be going, they wanted to get me tested to make sure that I didn't get poisoned by the chrysalid or something."

Aaron smiles "Hey Zain your a good dude!" Aaron gets back to the punching bag.

Zain walks off after patting Aaron on the back.

Last edited:

Zain Shah

This is a collaboration between Zain Shah and Frostlich1228

Anna walks down the hallway and turns left into the lunch room, She grabs her usual grey slop and drops it on the table nearest to the door, she takes a spoon and starts stirring the grey mush, after a few minutes of that she pulls a small metal nail file out of her pocket and starts filing her nails, She looks up as she sees Zain walk in, waving and calling him over.

Zain walks over to Anna and gives her smile "Hey Anna, haven't seen you in a while but I heard you're a support. That medkit training should come in handy."

Anna gives him a worried look. " Are you alright Zain? I heard what happened to you at that alien base... "

"I got attacked by a fucking chrysalid." Zain lifts his shirt to show the large cut across his chest. "And the others told me that that weird, new sectoid managed to take over me until they killed it... but they might just be messing with me."

Anna shows him a disk labeled " Alien Base Assault Footage ". " That is what happened Zain... It's all on here... if you want to check it out... "#

Zain suddenly has a serious look in his face "Di...Did it actually happen?" He looks at Anna with wide eyes.

Anna sighs and rubs the back of her neck. " Yeah... What did it feel like Zain? Did it hurt? What do you remember? "

"That's the thing, I don't remember a thing. It was kinda like when I'm drunk, I never remember what happened last night." Zain rubbing his head as if examining.

" You felt nothing? You just sort of black out? " Anna asked questioningly.

"Yeah, I guess I'm so used to getting drunk that I didn't feel a thing." Zain scratches his head in confusion.

Anna smiles. " I'm glad they freed you before you could hurt anyone Zain... "

"I'm just glad to have made it out of there considering how the mission started; we fucking ran out of medkits so we all had to shoot while in pain." Zain rubs his chest.

" To be honest, I'm surprised your still standing Zain... I would've guessed that the wound you got would have been enough to put you in the med bay for a good long time... "

"Luckily, that sturdy armor kept me relatively safe."

Anna nods a little. " That's a Shame- " She stops herself and covers her mouth. " I'm sorry... I don't know why I said that... "

Zain speaks hesitantly "W...W...Why did you say that?"

Anna gets a distressed look on her face. " I'm so sorry Zain! I really don't know why I said that!... "

Zain gives her a suspicious look "Alright...By the way, I think I might know something about why you have to have those check-ups; I'm not 100% sure but it's a good guess."

" Wh... What is it? " Anna says hesitantly.

"I'm not sure about the science but when a chrysalid kills a human, it turns it into a zombie, I don't know how it does it but it does. I think the chrysalid tried to turn you into a zombie but you were still alive so what ever it put in your body to make you a zombie is probably still there but it isn't going to do anything until you die." Zain takes a heavy breath "It's all just a guess though."

Anna sits quietly for a second. " It's a hell of a guess... but with all that's happening to me... I suppose it's a is as good an explanation as any... Please don't tell Ayame... I'll try to get some information to see if your guess is right... But I won't tell her until I know for sure that's what's happening "

Zain is extremely eager to tell the confidential info given to him by Dr Faye however he decides to keep his mouth shut to protect his job "I'll try and dig out some more info but everyone's really hush-hush about this, I'm just afraid it might be bigger than what I thought."

Anna sighs. " Just try to find out as much as you can... "

Zain whispers to himself "You have no idea."

Anna gets up and starts to walk out of the room. A few feet before the door she stops and says. " If you find anything... Come and talk to me immediately... " before leaving the room.

Zain says to himself "I wish I could but you'll have to figure out on your own." Zain smiles and heads to his room.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Friends Like Pillars

The following is a collaboration between AaronBryant, Jhon Markith, & ZombieSplitter53

Aaron throws Stevie a right hook and is blocked. He begins saying as he breathes, "So Jessica and I got out of the building the other night." he blocks Stevie's uppercut. His bruises are just sore marks on his body, his eye healed and seeing fully, his legs stronger than ever, his fighting form TOP!

"That's good to...," Stevie doges a straight jab to his chest, "...hear." Stevie counters with a leg sweep.

Aaron drops on a Knee to block the leg sweep, catching Stevie behind the knee, pulling forward and tossing him over his back. "Good man, I honestly didn't see that coming." He pulls Stevie up panting, and he turns to Ayame. "It was probably the best night I've had in a long long time. i got to see the moon and I'll be damned, it was fuller than I'd ever seen. It like it was meant for me." He smiles, beaming. "And i think I really wowed Jess. Good food, good view, charming conversation, I'm about as blessed as a man could be."

Ayame jumps in front of Aaron, rapidly kicking at him with her left leg. "We girls do like a nice atmosphere. And Jessica seems like someone who can enjoy a good time more then anyone else, if that makes any sense. So are you, like, an 'item' now? Is that the right expression?"

Aaron keeps his hands up but a kick sneaks through on his left side. "Aghh! I suppose. i mean its just one date though, I don't know if it was just that she's never been with a real gentleman before or..." Aaron Gives a swift light Axe kick. "...if I'm just that good, but i really hope so! I feel like its been a while, what have you guys been doing?"

Ayame barely blocks the kick, and jumps back, taking a defensive stance. "Oh, not much. Mostly training. Oh, this is probably going to sound crazy, but I found out my sister is still alive, and I even got to talk to her!" She runs forward, and goes for a leaping kick to Stevie's chest.

"THAT'S FANTASTIC!" Aaron has pure enthusiasm on his face.

"Well," Stevie grabs the kick and lifts up, putting Ayame flat on her back, "That sounds great, by the way, catch your opponent off guard before flying into the air," Stevie jumps over Ayame and slides through Aaron's legs, grabs the left, and pulls up. "I've just been chilling out and lifting weights."

"I can tell," Ayame says, climbing to her feet.

"Sorry about that," Stevie starts to rub the back of his head.

"Sorry for what?" Ayame says with a smirk, sending round-house kick to Stevie's side.

Stevie moves out of the way, "Well I guess I didn't need to say sorry," Stevie places one hand on the floor and swings his apposing foot toward Ayame, "At least you are a challenge."

Ayame flips backwards, avoiding Stevie's attack. Landing in front of Aaron, she turns her attention to him, sending out a flurry of punches. "By the way, congrats on the promotions you two. I love watching you guys out there. You're quite the pair."

"Soon, the trio." Stevie says while jumping up.

"Pfft, if the Commander ever lets me see any action." Ayame suddenly starts punching faster.

"He will eventually," Stevie says backing away, "Do you need help Aaron."

Aaron's breathing heavy. "Nah, just a little shaken after Tytus and the plasma burns to the gut...almost died." He grabs Stevie around the waste and flips hims "Still the best of the best," he thumps his chest "USA COMMANDOS!" He smiles, then drops onto his ass. "Okay, I'm pretty much dead." he smiles.

Ayame stands ready to fight some more, but she is clearly ready to collapse. "What? (pant) That all (pant pant) ya got."

Aaron growls. "I'd kick you if my legs weren't mush...you suck!" he sticks his tongue out.

"Well," (pant) "I guess we are all pretty worn out." Stevie says.

Ayame collapses to the ground laughing. "Well, that was fun." She takes a moment to catch her breath. "Can I...share something with you guys?"

Aaron looks at her. "Every day, all the time!"

"I'm kinda scared. The battles are so intense, and the aliens have grown so strong. I'm just a squaddie, and 'm afraid I won't last five minutes out there."

Aaron frowns "I...am not going to let that happen. Besides, you're way too fast to get hit!" He has a shaky smile and gently rubs his gut.

Ayame nods, but the worry in her eyes remains the same.

"Well, look at Aaron," Stevie adds. "He was a squaddie when he started."

"That's true, but speed is all I've got. Just...promise me that if we're on a mission together, you guys will keep me from screwing up too badly."

"I promises that I will protect you," Stevie says, looking into Ayame's eyes, then says with a deep and straight voice, "and speed isn't all you got, you have aim and most importantly, an unbreakable spirit, it might get bent or dented, but it will never break unless you let it."

Ayame climbs to her feet. "Thanks guys. You're the best friends a girl can have." She stretches and flexes her arms. "I'm gonna head to the showers. Either of you want to join me?" She asks with a sly smile.

Stevie looks at Aaron, "Did she just say what I think she said?"

Aaron looks at her and laughs. "Ayame, I remember the day we meet...You have become one of the strongest people I know!" He hugs her like a bear. "I love you! You're ridiculous."

Her words muffled by Aaron's chest, Ayame laughs, saying, "Now don't get the wrong idea. I just figured that if I need to trust you to watch my back on the battlefield, I should trust you guys enough to watch my back in the showers, figuratively speaking of course. I mean, it isn't like I have anything to look at anyway."

Aaron laughs. "Alright, you asked though." He puts Ayame on his back.

"Gah!" Ayame shouts, pretending to struggle. "You know how humiliating this is, right?"

"Dont care." He laughs, feeling happier than he had ever remembered, just glad to be alive with friends, living life.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between AaronBryant, Jhon Markith, & ZombieSplitter53

Time Frame: Immediately after The Base Assault Mission

Part One

The Plane lands and Aaron is half dragged off and thrown onto a stretcher, his titan armor still on. He mumbels to Stevie. "Eeeey make sure they bring Jessie, she's the cutest nurse in the building." he giggles, obviously delirious. The medical staff begins rushing him to the med-bay, stripping off his armor and leaving the pieces on the floor. When it was all removed, most of his body seems unharmed, except for the huge burn across his whole stomach and minor bits of shrapnel caught in his left leg.

As Aaron is hooked up to several monitors, one of the doctors examines his eyes, and says, "Sir, I know this is going to sound silly, but I need you to tell me exactly where you feel pain right now, and to describe the pain for me."

Aaron laughs too and hard spits up a little blood. "That's bad, right? Um, well, my stomach feels like i got poked by a branding iron, and my leg's kind of numb, oh and my head's SEWWWWPAR fuzzy." He nuzzles into the stretcher. "This things fucking comfy!"

A nurse next to the doctor writes every thing down. The doctor examines Aaron's stomach, and turns to another nurse, saying, "Get me some of that burn cream they've been working on." She turns to Aaron and say, "I don't want you to panic. We have experience with these plasma burns, and we'll get you right as rain in no time. And as for your leg..."

"Aaron!" Comes a shout from outside of the room. Jessica pushes her way into the room. She's stopped by a few guards before she gets too far in. "Move, I what to help!"

"Hey Jess, good to see you, but that was very rude, you interrupted the good doctor!" He turns to the doctor blinking. "You were sayin bout the leg, sir?"

The nurse standing next to the doctor snickers. "He did say his head was fuzzy...sir."

The doctor rolls her eyes, and tells him, "Why don't you switch places with Ms. Chambers." The nurse frowns, and exits, handing Aaron's chart to Jessica. The doctor turns back to Aaron, saying, "Your leg was chewed up pretty bad, but if you take it easy, you should be back to 100% in a few days."

"Well, you got her here." He turns to Jessica "Helloooooo gorgeous, did you hear I was the big hero? i took out the big damn roborex." He turns back to the doctor. "if she is here, I'm not going any where, promise!" He smiles at Jessica.

"That's good to hear." The doctor sits down and starts to carefully pull shards of shrapnel from Aaron's leg.

Jessica forces a smile, her eyes seeming to water slightly. Her voice cracks as she says, "Y-You were very brave out there. A true knight. I...I-I was on the edge of my seat."

"Boss! OW! Be gentle down there, I gotta use those...eventually" He winks at Jessica. holding her hand and closes his eyes. " I kept thinking i have a guardian angel watching over me, He sent you to me. I'm almossss....." his breathing steadies and he goes to sleep.

"Aaron? Aaron! Aaron, oh god, please wake up!" Jessica starts to panic. The doctor raises an eyebrow towards her.

Aaron squeezes her hand gently and he smiles. You idiot wake up shes worried about you Aaron yells at himself. Im sure she knows we are ok shes smart he replied. She is warm Your right about that.

Jessica bends over and listens to Aaron's breathing. She relaxes slightly. Noticing the doctor staring at her, she turns away in embarrassment. An hour or so later, Aaron begins grumbling, "ahh, god damn giant robots can't have my milk shakes, they're chocolate!" He opens his eyes.

Jessica sits next to Aaron, holding his hand tightly. Hearing his odd exclamation, she laughs loudly, then covers her mouth, trying not to wake Aaron.

He looks over at her and sees his hand intertwined with hers. "Hey ,what are you doing here Ms. Chambers?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I asked if I could put in some extra hours so I could...make sure one of the soldiers is watched over."

He smiles impishly. "What lucky soul would that be?" His head is swimming from the drugs but he shrugs it off.

Jessica gives him a sad look. "Aaron, I'm not going to lie. When I saw you take that big hit, I...I..."

He brings her in close "I'm right here." He smiles and gently plants his lips on hers, holding her tightly, shaking just a little as the odd way he turned pains him. He doesn't care though, he needs to let her know he's here. He gently bites her lip and growls. "Right here".

"I'm sorry Aaron. I know I'm being unprofessional...and childish. I know it's your job. I...was just so scared. I've never been that scared before."

"Hey, I'm unprofessional and childish all the time!" He stretches his arm. "You have every right to be scared, but understand this, I have too many promises I have to keep, and too many friends to die. With you in the mix, I'll be around for a good, long while." He holds her close. "I have a lot to be thankful for. Hey, i cant feel my left leg, when can i use the damn thing again?" He looks down and sees the burn mark on his stomach "HOLY CRAP I look awful! That's bad, right? I don't feel it either, is that good? Or is that like some cream?"

Jessica wipes a tear away, and smiles. "Don't worry, it's just the pain killers. Otherwise it would be unbearably painful. You should be fine in just a few days. Just take it easy."

He calms down. "God damn, X-Com pain killers are grade A." He swoons a bit, knowing sleep will soon take him. He looks at her. " Hey, come 'ere." Jessica moves in closer. "You look like a guardian angel, you know that?" He grabs her with both arms and holds her tightly, kissing her cheek and then her jaw, and grazzing her neck with his lips. "You are just enthralling, and i am so willing to be enthralled." He releases her smiling. "im probably going to conk out now, give Stevie my love, he is like a brother to me and i know he is worried." He holds her hand again. "But for now just stay here and keep me company, okay?" He blinks lazily.

"Of course, Aaron." Jessica closes her eyes. "I'll stay by your side as long as you need me. I just want...you to know something before you fall asleep."

"Whats that?" He smiles blinking contentedly.

She smiles, and places her mouth directly by Aaron's ear, whispering, "I think I've fallen for you, my valiant knight."

The heart monitor indicates an increased heart rate. He blinks softly, the world blurring except for Jessica, the bright point in it all. He smiles, barely mouthing some unintelligible sentence. Then Sleep.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
PART TWO

Stevie arrives at the med-bay, "Hey, how is he doing so far?"

Jessica jumps, pulling her face away from Aaron. "Oh, um...he's...he's doing good, I...have...h-have we met?"

"That's good," Stevie says with a light tone.

"My name is Jessica. I was just...watching over him, to make sure he's okay. You're name is Stevie, right?"

"It is okay, we have met before, that night when Aaron got wasted." Stevie says smiling.

"Yes, of course, I'm sorry. I'm a bit scatterbrained right now. Someone close to my was injured recently." Jessica realizes she is still holding Aaron's hand, and discreetly pulls her hand away.

"Don't worry, he told me, I know." Stevie walks over. "Hey man, I've got some tequila for when you get out."

"How...how much did he tell you?" Jessica says, grasping Aaron's hand again.

"Just enough," Stevie sighs, "I am glad someone can find happiness in this hell."

"Thank you, Stevie, that is really nice of you to say. But I think Aaron has good tastes in friends, so I'm willing to bet you're a great guy. You'll find somebody great, I'm sure."

"Once did," Stevie balls up his fist as tight as he can, "uhg, but its best not to talk about it."

Jessica examines the area around Stevie, and drops the subject. Instead, she asks, "So how long have you known Aaron?"

"Met almost as soon as I arrived, not long anyway." Stevie slowly calms down and unballs his fist.

"I was watching you along with Aaron on that last mission. You fought really bravely. I'm glad you had his back."

"Thank you, I kind of think of him as a brother and Ayame a lit...," Stevie hesitates, "a sister." Stevie takes a breath, "I would have been here as soon as he got here, but you had some business to deal with."

Jessica nods. "Well, I'm sure you had some injuries to take care of yourself. I don't think anybody got out of that assault without at least a few injuries."

"Nothing too bad, but I guess it would be best if we kept it at injuries. So, what have you been up to lately?"

Jessica thinks for a moment. "Well, other then worrying about this lug, I've been working with my sister on both the nanomachines we use in the med-paks, as well as developing better ways to treat plasma burns. I don't really meet my sister's level of intellect, but she assures me I'm helping."

"I would ask how the nanos are going, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that that is classified."

Jessica shrugs. "Maybe, but I've been told I have a big mouth, so it can't be that classified if they trusted me to work on it. Let's just say we're decades ahead of where we would have been before the war. I'd tell you more, but I struggle to keep up with my sister. You'd have to ask her if you want any specifics."

"Well thanks for the info you could give me," Stevie walks to the sink to get some water, "Can I get you some water?"

"Yes, please." Jessica falls silent for a moment. As she takes a cup from Stevie, she asks, "Can I share a...concern with you?"

"I'm all open." Stevie says, then takes a sip of his water.

"Somebody came to me the other day voicing concerns about having a close relationship with a soldier because of the good chance they won't make it, and while I reassured her to, in a manner of speaking, live in the moment, I am now feeling like a hypocrite. After Aaron came back this injured, I am scared that I might lose someone I am coming to care for more then just a friend."

"I see. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think you are a hypocrite, and if you are, then we have all been one." Stevie sighs, "Look, I am not the best guy to turn to advice, but, and pardon me if I get a little mushy here, I'd say follow your heart."

Jessica smiles. "Follow my heart, huh?" She looks down at Aaron, stroking his head. "A simple piece of advice, but probably the best I could have heard." She walks over to Stevie and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Stevie. You're a good friend, and a sweet man."

"Thank you, but if that is true, then I haven't always been." Stevie looks down and in a second, pulls his head up and say enthusiastically, "But, like I have said before, tomorrow will never be better than today."

"You've got a wonderful way of looking at life Stevie." She takes her seat by Aaron and grasps his hand again. "I only hope its contagious. Lord knows this base can use a lot more positive attitudes."

Aaron grumbles. "Stevie youm lille basterd comere" Aaron struggles to get up. "Hug me, damn you!"

Stevie excepts Aaron's hug, "its good to that you still have some of your drunken energy." Stevie laughs

Jessica smiles at them. "You two have a real special friendship. One that'll last forever."

Aaron hugs Stevie hard. "It better or ill kick his ass! Hey Jess where is the runt?" Aaron then looks upset by what he said. "Not Ayame, your sis. i want to thank her for her work on the medicine in here."

"I think she's working in another part of the med-bay. Do you want me to see if I can find her?"

Aaron nods "tell her the muscle head is missing the nerd." Jessica nods, and steps outside. Aaron turns to Stevie. "Any thing interesting happen while i was out?"

"Not exactly, we've just been talking." Stevie smiles. "It's good to see that you are able to move, not many people would."

Aaron laughs, then coughs. "Bitch please, this ain't nothing but a flesh wound." he pauses for a second. "I also have my faith. i feel that makes me just as strong or stronger than any one." He smiles. "She's kinda great yea?" His smile stretches wider. "I'm just to blessed man."

From outside the door, the sisters can be heard saying, "I can't believe you! What were you thinking?"....."We didn't think anyone would walk in."....."Well, I did, didn't I? You want to get dismissed because you can't control yourself?"....."Okay, I'm sorry, jeez! Ya need to lighten up. Maybe Aaron can help you with... "...*SMACK*... "Dammit, stop hitting me!"

The pair walk into the room. Jessica has a forced smile on her face, while Alexia is blushing. "Hey Aaron," she says, "How are you feeling?"

"Are you serious?" He looks at Alexia with soft disappointed eyes "At work?" His eyes brighten up and he laughs. "Stupid horny kid! I wanted to thank you for being here, you have kept this Clunker running like a well oiled machine." he motions for her to get closer.

Alexia's face reddens even more as she steps next to Aaron. "It was just a small reward for a job well done."

Jessica scoffs. "When I told them you were working, I thought I meant more then your wrist."

He cups his hand to her ear. "I'll get her Off your ass soon enough." he puts emphasis on Off. He winks at her. "You're cool, you know that kid? When this war is over, I'm going to teach you to hunt! if you'd like."

Alexia smiles brightly, looking at Jessica and saying, "He's a real keeper." She turns back to Aaron. "You better stick around, you here me?" She notices Stevie and walks over to him, extending her hand. "Hello, I'm Alexia Chambers, the best doctor without a medical degree on base."

"I attest and affirm this statement." Aaron exclaims.

"Nice to meet you, Alexia, I'm Stevie Steve, somehow a Colonel and somehow still alive to take names."

"Hmm, another handsome one." Alexia grins at Jessica. "This is a nice little harem you got going for you. Sorry I stole..." She ducks behind Stevie to avoid getting smacked on the head again.

Aaron imitates Alexia's retching act.

Alexia sticks her tongue out at him. Just then Dr. Picardo walks by the room and, seeing the group, steps inside. "Jessica, you've been here for hours, and I need you to be in top form tomorrow. And Alexia, I thought I told you to make sure Shah was okay to be released before heading out yourself."

Jessica slaps her palm into her face, and Alexia's face blushes at the sound of the doctor saying Zain's name in front of the others. "I-I was...I mean, I did."

"Good." The doctor steps out, saying as he leaves, "I expect to see you both bright and early."

Alexia turns to Aaron and Stevie, stammering, "I-I was just...taking care of Zain.....um, Mr.Shah before going to see my boyfriend. P-Pretty unprofessional of me, huh?" She laughs nervously.

Aaron looks at her with a 'really?' expression. "Uh huh, doctor of the year." Aaron turns to Jessica. "Some times i wonder how I'm five years younger than Zain." He gives Jessica a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, when i get out of here, mind if i come visit you?"

Jessica smiles. "I insist." The sisters leave, Jessica giving a short wave, and Alexia too embarrassed to bother.

"Well, it will be eventful for you if you keep her." Stevie smiles. "Now get some rest."

Aaron nods, and drifts off. Stevie stays for another hour before he is forced to leave for the night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.