X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

*Axton, knocks on his room mates door, the door opens and Colin is the one to answers it*

Colin: "Ah hello Axton, how are you today?"

Axton: "Pretty good, pretty good actually your just the person I wanted to meet."

Colin: "Is that so? Well than come on in and tell me what you need."

*Axton walks into the room and grabs a chair*
Axton: "Hey Colin, we are friends right?"

Colin: "Yeah sure we are, why are you asking?"

*Axton gets a concerned look on his face*
Axton: "Well I never really had friends before and by that I mean I never had friends."

Colin: "Ah...ok, I see, that must have been a hard life, well then consider me your first friends from now on."
*Colin smiles*

*Axton shows a faint smile*
Axton: "Well thank you Colin, that is good to hear, hey Colin, have you ever done anything terrible to people?

*Colin has a surprised look on his face*
Colin: "Umm....well no not really, I never had a reason to hurt anyone. Its actually the opposite, I always feel like I need to help people, no matter who it is, even if I dislike them."

Axton: "Wow that is very nice of you, I can't say the same for me."

Colin: "Yeah I heard about that, you were mercenary right? Don't worry about that to much, I don't judge people on there past."

Axton: "You know that I'm still a mercenary right?"

Colin: "Well yeah, but like I said I dont judge you on your past, right now you are my friend Axton who is fighting for humanity
risking his life to safe the world, and that is how I will always remeber you buddy."

*Axton is quiet for a minute*
Axton: "Haha you are a weird guy Colin you know that."

Colin: "Hahaha thank you, I get that a lot."

Axton: "So friend, do you have family back at home?"

Colin: "As a matter of fact I do, I got a wife back home and a daughter. How about you?"

Axton: "Well I have a sister who just recently gave birth and a mom and dad, but if you are asking if I was ever married, or have children, then the answer is no, I don't"

Colin: "Oh right, thats why you were gone recently. But yeah I can understand that you don't have a wife or kids of your own, are you maybe thinking, after all this, just leaving your old life behind and starting all over again? Because living a normal life with your family is the best, I myself wish I could spend all my life with my family."

Axton: "Colin, let me tell you something, after this war is over and everyone is weak and variable, there are going to be a lot of criminal factions rising and terrorizing people and I can not let that happen, also I have no idea how to life a normal life."

Colin: "Dang...I see what you mean, but what if there is hope. Hope that after all this is over, human kind has learned not to fight against each other but rather help each other, because we all know now that there is a greater threat out there, at least that is what I hope for. I can understand what you are trying to say though and about that normal life, I guess its something you will have figure out yourself and experience it, I did not know how to life a normal life either, it just came to me with marriage and kids. At least that is normal for me."

Axton: "Colin let me tell you about the people I worked for, I worked for politicians who hired me to kill other politicians because they told me they were corrupt when it was they who were corrupt, I worked for the military to take out enemy general and corrupt leaders who treated there people like shit,I killed a lot of evil men Colin, and the reason I'm telling you this is because humanity will never stop fighting it self ever."

Colin: "I see how your past has left a dark spot in your life. You did good deeds in evil ways its true but I guess there is something we both can't agree on, because I have faith in humanity. Now could we drop this topic please? Because I do not want to get into an argument with you over our diffrences, but I dont mind you having a diffrent opinion on the world."

Axton: "Yea ok lets drop this, so why did you join X-COM?"

Colin: "Thank you, well I was in the middle of a meeting when some dude game, explaining all this weird stuff to me, I decided this guy wasn't joking around so I went with him. The reason behind that was, because I never really felt like doing the world anything good. Which this guy promised me if I would join X-COM."

Axton: "So let me get this straight, some guy tells you that aliens are coming to earth and you believed him."

Colin: "Yup hahaha sounds crazy I know, but he provided me with several photos and papers that day with certain signatures, I knew this guy was no joke."

Axton: "Well that is one interesting way of being recruited,my was different."

Colin: "Indeed, tell me about your's I'm kind of curious."

Axton: "Ok,so I was doing this job in north Korea, I was sent there to kill this Korean general, I killed him and then cut his head off,so I take his head to the major at this military base he pays me and he tells me that this guy wants to talk to me. So this man wearing a suit tells me he can offer me three thing for this contract a worthy challenge,an honorable death and the last one I may give you some of it twelve million dollars."

Colin: "Wow, now that is something I will never experience...and hope not to, but I guess since this is something you can life with its alright hahaha. Well Axton it was nice talking to you and learning a bit more about you, but it's time for me to head to the gym, I want to pick up on an old hobby I once had. I hope its ok with you if I prefer to do it alone. We should talk again sometime, after all its what friends do"

Axton: "Sure thing mate and thanks for listing and not judging me"

Colin: "No problem buddy, I'm always there for those who need someone to talk to, well I guess I will see you around."
*Colin heads out the door*

Zain Shah

Journal Entry 3

Zain Shah
Sergeant

Seems like I'm getting in the Commander's good books; I'm now one of the teams highest ranking recruits and I have to maintain that role. The job today was deemed as difficult however I didn't find it too hard, maybe it was commander odd's leadership or our skill as a team, either way we know we are strong. I'll have to speak with Booker soon because I still haven't made any alliances and I figure he survived this long so I won't feel the pain of losing a friend soon. The Commander still isn't giving the medikits to supports but I think that me having grenades means I kill more of the alien scum and get promoted quicker. The new addition Zhang proves to be a very valuable ally and is already as good as me and Booker. Well lets hope we keep winning because that means a safer world.

Aristeus

Name: Jorn Lemonade
Current Rank: SQ.
Total Kills since joining XCOM:3

Audio Log #3:
.........................................yeah.....*sigh*........A other succesfull mission, I'm glad.........My....euh...what was that word again....*akward frustrated moan*...words! eeuhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm... Colleagues! something! Did not die. *sigh* I can't talk for shit today. euh, yeah I'm glad.....But I'm also kinda glad that I did not get chosen, I think I'm not the only one who thinks that, there is always that risk......and blood....and explosions....acid....neurotoxin...knives.
This place has a lot of distraction, and that was probably on purpose to make the soldiers at ease, well it's not keeping me distracted! I tried watching movies but that did not help. So I have only been training this week-- and the week before. I hope it pays off when the time comes.

Okay that was depressing, that is not really like me. I hope I'm not losing my mind, like...what is she called?...Ayami? Aya...mmmeee? yes Ayame. She was sparring with one of the soldiers, with swords, she lost her shit and started screaming like a living pig on a cooking spit. hmmm... wel maybe not like that, but she started swinging that sword like a mad man trying to kill him.
Her BFF jumped in to stop her. That girl is crazy! I definitely don't want to get on her bad side, if she has a good one.... I hope she is going to be kicked off X-COM. It is dangerous enough out there, do we need a creazy girl inside as well?!? I might go to the commander if she keeps doing stuff like that.

I met another Dutch guy like me here Daniel Oudwater, I should have known his last name gave it away. He is a pretty cool dude, I met him in the middle of the night whyle I was heading for the shower. He was hungry so I went with him to talk some and get some food. There was no one in the mess hall, so we snuck in and got some bread and crackers with cheese.
I'm not sure if we are allowed to just walk in and snag whatever we want, I'm sure noone will notice, unless this is all recorded and saved up and listened to... Daniel Oudwater is a pretty funny guy, I think we are going to be good friends. And it was nice talking to someone in Dutch for a change.

A other time when heading for my midnight shower, I saw a other soldier sitting against the wall with his head down and arms over his knees. I think he was crying, that is pretty sad for him, probably thinking about home.....*silence*......euh yeah! So good stuff!
I came across another soldier! and he invited me to paint ball! So I sead "yes", because I could use some more distraction. His name was Colin Weger and he looks like a pretty nice guy. I am glad more people stand open now and are more social.

Yup that sums it up for today, we got more sectoid corpses I heard. And when I get on the field, there are new and more dangerous ones, just MY luck.
I'm hungry, I think ill get some more food, It's 2:47. There probably won't be anyone in the kitchen or mess hall again, so I hope they don't mind if I just take some stuff out of the fridge. Gotta eat right? Maybe ill see Daniel again.
Oh boy how I miss the sea....... I hope my sister is doing well with the money I've been sending her. Jorn Lemonade out.

--] End of log.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Written Log [Translated from Mandarin]

Another mission down, and relevantly clean, I might say. The Commander is quite efficient, sweeping a sight quickly and getting his men in and out with relatively little damage. This lays credence to my belief that our first, and so far only, casualty, was the result of the unforeseen willingness of that one sectoid to sacrifice itself to secure a kill. I have not gotten along with many commanders in the past, but I feel I can get behind this one.

Speaking of not getting along, I fear the rumors about me are spreading like wildfire. I appreciated the pep talk from Anna, and if she says I'm not bitch, I believe it, but that definitely isn't how a lot of people are looking at me. I noticed a pilot named Lee giving me a distrustful look, even though we've never exchanged words, and someone was talking about how SQ. Lemonade thinks I should be kicked out of X-COM. Normally, I'd go up to both of them and give them a piece of my mind! However, this only shows that my image is tarnished here, and instead of getting angry, I should set out to prove them wrong and show everyone I can be trusted.

So, swallowing my pride a bit, I set out to find the two Americans that I had the run in with the other day. I found them in the gym, and ignoring the fact that they once again seemed to be talking about me before I came in (a little creepy, but I digress), I immediately apologized for my actions. Surprisingly, they tried to turn it around, saying they were to blame, that I had warned them, but I insisted the blame fell on my shoulders. Aaron extended a hand, and though I'm not ready to call him a friend at this point, I shook his hand as an ally. Stevie even said that I could ask if I needed anything.

As I was leaving, the man from the shooting range stopped me to apologize if he was too presumptuous in assuming I was under-trained in firearms. While I was still upset about the belief about my skills that spread from our encounter, I realized that if I was going to ask for forgiveness, I should be able to give it, so I flashed him a quick smile and told him not to worry about it before continuing on my way.

My next stop was with John, the man from the mess-hall. I found him, coincidentally, in the mess-hall. Again, he seemed as nervous to talk to me as I did to talk to him. I apologized for giving him the cold shoulder when we first met, and being rude when I returned his camera. I told him that I have my own social phobias, particularly when it comes to men, but I am a decent person, and didn't want to leave a bad impression, especially to someone who was nothing but courteous.

Well, I think that's about everyone, with the exception of the man I talked to the other day, Joel. Hopefully, they'll allow visitors in the infirmary soon, and I'll be able to apologize for being so cold with him. It is surprisingly tiring, putting myself out there like this, not to mention all the forced social reaction. However, while my uncle always tried to drill into my head to never apologize because it makes you look weak, I also remember my mother teach my sister and I that a heartfelt apology can go a long way to connecting with people, and I prefer to follow her example.

Brycart

Name: Joel Freeman
Mission Name: Operation Dying Savior
Mission Objective:
-Sweet the abduction site and identify threats.
-Neutralize all hostile targets.
Kills This Mission: 02
Total Kills Since Joining X-Com: 02
Promotion: Recruit -> Squaddie

AUDIO LOG 04:

\\START\\
Finally got the opportunity to get myself on the battlefield, and now I'm laying here, in the Infirmary, with a bunch of bandages wrapped around me. One of those Glowies managed to tag me right in the shoulder, but not before I put a round in his buddy's head. As it turns out, they bleed just like the rest of us. Our medic, Conan, managed to stop the bleeding, but it didn't dull the pain. It felt like my arm was being attacked my an army of bees. I thought that was bad... until I got hit again. One of those things got to my flank; I hadn't even seen him move. Maybe they're better fighters than I had anticipated... Nevertheless, he let off a few shots, one of which, caught me square if the ribs. If it wasn't for that armor, I'm sure my insides would have been melted. I paid the son of a bitch back, though.(Laughs) Caught him right in the stomach with a couple rounds. I'm not that easy to get rid of.

Sniper? Hmm... I would've preferred to be right in the fray, but if being a sniper means I won't have to take another hit from those things, I'm all for it. I'm just happy I get that pink off me.

I've been hearing rumors about Ayame apparently going around apologizing for her behavior. I hope she doesn't let her guard down too much... she may have hurt some people's feelings, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Some of the people around here are shady.

The doc says I'll have to stay in here a few days. That's alright with me; maybe I can find something to read that'll pass the time.
\\END\\

thef

Name: Thef Rebell

It's been about a month but I never really met my room mate we Hadley see each-other. Mainly because I sleep all day and work all night but he is a good guy. I decided to retire early so that I can get a head start on my jog the next day because I missed it to day and on my way in Samuel intrduced himself. We had a few chuckles then I whent to bed. He told me about his life as I did mine. He mention how is mother overdosed and I told him how my squads did in Iraq because of faulty information.

Frostlich1228

X-COM Soldier Survey

Soldier Name : Annabelle Victoria Stone
Surveyor Name : Christine Willis

Okay Miss Stone... I am going to Ask you a Few questions and you are going to answer them to the best of your ability, alright?

Uhm... I don't want to be mean or nothing but... What's the point of this?

Its to Evaluate the Mental health of our soldiers, while also learning a bit about their personality.

Are you doing this to everyone in the base?

We are trying to, a lot of the other soldiers refused, it is optional.

Oh, Ok... I'll participate, why not?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Q&A Start
--------------------------------------------------------------

Q : What is your Favorite Color?

A : Hmm... My Favorite color is Red

Q : What is your favorite Animal?

A : That would be... A Brown Bear

Q : When you get Promoted for the first time, witch one of the Soldier Classifications would you want?

A : I Am not that good of a shot so I would go with... Support

Q : Do you have any hobbies?

A : I really enjoy Painting and Sculpting...

Q : Do you have any Brothers or Sisters?

A : No, I am an only child.

Q : Witch one of X-Com's current weapons do you prefer?

A : If I had to chose... I would say... The Assault Rifle.

Q : What is your favorite Food?

A : Baklava.

Q : Witch do you prefer? Day or Night?

A : I would have to say... Night

Q : How old are you?

A : Twenty-Six

Q : What do you think of the Commander's Tactics thus far?

A : They're Fine, the Commander's doing well so far.

Q : What is your favorite Movie?

A : *No Response*

Q : If you could go anywhere in the World, where would it be?

A : China...

Q : Did you ever own a Pet? If so, what was it?

A : Yes, It was a German Shepherd

Q : What do you think of the Co-ed Showers?

A : I don't like them, I think the women should have their own showers.

Q : Do you have a Favorite board game?

A : Uhm... Chess

Q : Do you have any friends on base? If so, Who?

A : Yes, Ayame Kasagi...

Q : Out of all your Family members, who would you say is your favorite of them? and how old is he?

A : Well my only living family member is my Cousin Marx, He is Twenty-Eight Years old.

Ok Miss Stone that is all for now, we will be doing more Surveys in the future, if you like to participating in them, come see me again.

Alright then, that sounds fine.

-----------------Christine Willis

BMPixy

[Same message as previous logs applies here.]
March Eighteenth, Two Thousand and Fifteen
Dear Onkel,

I apologize for this letter being so soon after the last, but I simply refuse to use the audio log recorder I was provided when I arrived. It is bad enough that I was not allowed to keep my company and rank patches, but to insist on us voicing our innermost thoughts in a format that can be easily accessed by anybody with a minor proficiency with technology is madness. That and....embarrassingly, I must admit that I do not know how to work it. Technology these days, it is adding too much function without the right form. It causes me to feel ancient, and I am only thirty-nine! Instances like this makes me wonder what the future will bring, if this craftsman’s nightmare is what we make today.

Anyways, on to the point of this letter. Today was a mission day. Funktionsweise Sterben Retter, was the name, responding to an alien abduction in some city in France. Apparently those poor French had to have another outside force come in and save their poor broiled frog legs and mimes. Not the first time that has happened in the course of history, of course. In regards to the mission, it went fairly well. The Rookie they brought out took a few shots from what I have heard, but the Commander had the foresight to give him some extra body armor, else the man would likely have met the same fate as Space Paddy. That does not mean he will get off lightly though, he will still be in the medical bay for quite a while. Plasma is not to be trifled with, especially if it is several thousand degrees Centigrade and moving at several dozens of dozens meters per second.

Other than that one injury, the mission went well, with the troops clearing the buildings quickly and effectively. The Triad showed his skill with that Leichtes Maschinengewehr, and a promotion was had for the Rookie and Field Support, the former becoming our second Combat Sniper, and the latter becoming a Feldwebel as well as receiving training on how to use the med-kits more efficiently, allowing their repeated use rather than the ‘one and done’ everybody else seems to insist on when they possess it. That should help keep our soldiers alive that much longer, which is invaluable. Of course, there is also the tried and true strategy of not getting shot in the first place, but errors do occur.

Aside from the mission, I hear rumor going around that at the end of the month we will be being served our favorite food, as we stated in our application paperwork. I regret putting a liverwurst sandwich on pumpernickel bread in that row now, it seemed like a stupid question so I answered with a stupid answer. It seems I will have to eternally live with the consequences of my choice regarding that. As you know so very well, I despise liverwurst. Call me a fake German as much as you like, but I never liked the consistency.

I realize that this letter is getting a fair bit longer than the last several, but there is one more thing I wish to write about before I finish. One, the psychologist ‘suggested’ that, considering my past, I should perhaps use that fancy paperweight to talk it over, might help with my psychological help. Of course, I’m well over what happened regarding what happened in those first eleven years of my life. Seems stupid to go over what has been already been resolved. But, who knows, sometime I might, once I figure out how that thing works.

Well, I suppose that is enough for today. I will head down to the sparring ring, I need to keep up on my kick-boxing skills, and what better than on some poor soul who think that just because I’m big doesn’t mean I’m slow.

May we meet again as I pass the veil,
Leon

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
New X-COM Soldier Survey

Soldier Name : Ayame Kisagi
Surveyor Name : Tomoyo Kinomoto

[Translated from Japanese]

[AK] Y...you wanted to see me? This isn't about my actions lately, because I've been trying...

[TK] Relax, Ms. Kasagi. Can I call you Ayame?

[AK] Um...sure.

[TK] My name is Tomoyo, and I'm just taking a little survey. I'm sorry we couldn't get you a Chinese surveyor, though I must say, your Japanese is excellent.

[AK] Thank you, I worked hard to make it so. What is this all about? What do you want to take a survey for?

[TK] We're just trying to get a read on our soldiers. You know, assess mental health, understand their personalities. Of course, its entirely optional.

[AK] Um...no, its fine. Go ahead.

[TK] Okay.....what is your Favorite Color?

[AK] My favorite...uh, red...no violet...yeah, violet.

[TK] What is your favorite Animal?

[AK] Hmm...I kinda like pandas.

[TK] When you get Promoted for the first time, witch one of the Soldier Classifications would you want?

[AK]: I....never really thought about it...Either a Support to help everone in front or a sniper to watch everyone's backs.

[TK] Do you have any hobbies?

[AK] Only training my martial arts and sword fighting.....

[TK] Do you have any siblings?

[Ak] No, I had a sister and three brothers, but...

[TK] I'm sorry to hear that.

[AK] Thanks...lets...just continue

[TK] Which one of X-COM's current weapons do you prefer?

[AK] Well, it may seem odd, but I'm kinda partial to the handguns.

[TK] What is your favorite Food?

[AK] I don't have a favorite, though I do love a good sushi platter.

[TK] Which do you prefer? Day or Night?

[AK] I've more of a night person. I've always had a hard time getting started in the morning.

[TK] What is your age?

[AK] I just turned twenty.

[TK] What is your favorite Movie?

[AK] I've never had a lot of time movies, though I used to watch anime when I was learning Japanese.

[TK] If you could go anywhere in the World, where would it be?

[AK] Well, I've been all over Europe and Asia, so...um...Egypt...yeah, Egypt.

[TK] Did you ever own a Pet?

[Ak] Other then farm animals, no. My uncle had a cat...god, I hated that damn cat (shudder)

[TK] What do you think of the Co-ed Showers?

[AK] What do you think?!

[TK] Ahem...do you have a Favorite board game?

[AK} I like chess, even if I'm not very good at it

[TK] Do you have any friends on base? If so, Who?

[AK] Anna Stone. She's my best friend, my only friend.

[TK] Okay, one last question, and please feel free to skip it if it is too hard. Out of all your Family members, who would you say is your favorite of them, and how old is he or she?

[AK] I'm afraid I have no living relatives, or at least none that I know of. But, in my youth, I would definitely would have been my sister, who was thirteen, six years my senior.

[TK] Alright, Ayame, thank you very much. We'll be doing more surveys in the future, and I hope you'll be as cooperative with them as you are know.

[AK] Sure...this...was kinda fun, actually.

PrismaCube

New Name: Colin Weger
Current Rank: Rookie
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0

Video Surveillance #1​

*sigh*

Colin is standing in the Gym, looking at the bow rack, he picks up a standard bow and hardens his grip around it. Looking down at the floor and seems to be in his own world. After about 5 minutes he snaps out of it and picks up the quiver, flinging it around his shoulder. Colin starts slowly walking to the shotting stand. Pain and sorrow seems to be all around him, he takes an arrow out of his quiver and gently lays it on the string. He then draws the string back, closes his left eye, and lowers the bow. Another sigh. Again he raises the Bow pulls the string back and without even looking at the target he lets go of the string. The arrow flies across the room and hits the target in the center. Colin doesnt look up at all. He takes another arrow out of the quiver and firest it, this time aiming presisly. He breaths in slowly and lets go of the string, *whack* the first arrow splits in two, making room for the second arrow to hit the center. A small smiles appears across his face, he than repeatedly shoots one arrow after another, all hitting the center each one destroying the last arrow. He goes to grab his last arrow, looking at it. His grip hardend around the arrow, he puts down both bow and arrow on the shotting stand and without looking back he leaves the gym.

Majora098

Please select Log: Log 3: More than a start, apparently...

BEGINNING LOG

Name: John Eddings

BEGIN RECORDING

[John once again sits alone at a table, he looks even more skittish than normal, looking up and checking his surroundings more often than usual. this continues for about two minutes, before in one of his searches he stiffens and his eyes begin to nervously track something moving across the cafeteria, and he winces slightly as Ayame Kasagi sits across and to the left of him, quickly he looks away, and he moves the camera so that she is out of frame, there is a mumble of thanks heard from behind the camera.

There is a tense silence for several minutes, before Ayame finally speaks up, "I am sorry."

John looks up a startled expression on his face, "F-for what?

"For ...ah... being rude last time we speak"

John looks surprised "oh..."

"I did not trust men normally, and I not comfortable in crowds, I have. uh... what do you called them?"

"S-social phobia's?"

"Yes, those, You seem scared of me, I guess it felt a bit good being on other side, I got carried away. I want you to know that I better than that, so I am sorry."

John nods understandingly, still slightly confused, "Um... It was very brave of you to say that..."

[John face, open as always, displays unhidden hope]

John looks around curiously, "So..uh... where's Anna?

The instant he says that he shirks back, cowering slightly before a presumably harsh glare. "I..I was j-j-just being c-curious, N-normally the t-two of y-y-you are... are inseparable." His expression becomes sad "I-I'm not really in-interested in woman" there is a slight pause, then he blushes slightly as he realizes the implication of what he just said and he quickly adds, "Or men, I... I don't go that way either. I just haven't thought of anyone in that way since N-" His expression becomes anguished and he cuts off abruptly. "I..I... even if I was in-interested, I w-w-wouldn't want to g-get in your-r way..."

He winces, shirking back even further from a presumably wrathful Ayame "How you know about that!"

"I-I-I-It's just-t k-kinda o-obvious, y-you always m-make eye c-c-contact... and-d uh... you re-react jealously.... and you...you t-tend to st-stare when y-you th-th-think she is...isn't l-looking, among... other things. I'm very sorry but I just tend to pick up on things like that... I was..wasn't creeping or anything, I'm sorry...I'll... I'll just go." His expression becomes hopeless and he starts to gather his things

As he starts to get up Ayame speaks up "She taking, ah... sir..vay? Her voice fumbles over the unfamiliar word

John looks relived at the peace offering, and also slightly happy that he hadn't messed up another encounter again and sits down again, "Oh that p-psych profile thing? I...uh opted out of that, I don't l-like telling strangers about myself... have you done it as well?"

"I not done it yet, but I think I may"

[they carry on a tentative conversation for several more minutes before Ayame finishes her lunch and leaves, he looks at the camera and smiles slightly, he reaches over and picks it up.

END RECORDING

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

Non-combat 3:

John is currently sitting in the cafeteria looking somewhat shocked.

"So... for the first time today I saw the results of plasma weapons first hand. Joel was shot twice and man does it show, there's barley any Armour left on him and the burns are... lets just say it doesn't look pretty. However Joel seems to be taking it in his stride so good for him I guess. *sigh* In other news, apart from Joels wound the rest of the mission went well with Lt badass teaching the aliens about high explosives, Joel being assigned to a sniper and Zain being taught how to use those medkits properly.

Also the suits seem to going through the ranks for some bullshit psychoanalysis involving our favorite foods and the like, I attached a copy of the recording for the sake of record keeping. There's also the problem of Ayame. I know I said I was going to talk to talk to her,but...but well I kinder chickened out. While I don't really believe shes like what the others have said, I also don't wanna be castrated..."

John notices something from the corner from his eye.

"Shit. she's here, god I hope she didn't hear that."

John switches from looking at Ayame to the camera several times.

" Oh fuck it, I'm gonna have to do it sooner or later"

John gets up out of his seat

"Hey...Ayame right? Can you Gimme a second?"

Recording Cuts off.

-------------------------------------

Attached recording: Xcom survey

Soldier Name : John Cooper
Surveyor Name : Alexander Robertson

" Welcome Mr Co...."

"Yeah, Yeah. Just ask the dam Questions"

Q&A start

Q : What is your Favorite Colour?
A: Blue....

A: Wolf.. i'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything?
" I cannot tell you, please just answer the questions"
"fine"

Q : When you get Promoted for the first time, witch one of the Soldier Classifications would you want?
A: Dunno, the heavy or assault I guess. Either get so close so you can't miss or just spit lead at them.

A: I enjoy Gaming, Fursuiting, Anime/manger and tinkering with HiFis, I'm a bit of an audiophile.

A: No biological, one adopted brother that I dont talk to.
"Any reason why?"
"none that you'll know"

Q : Witch one of X-Com's current weapons do you prefer?
A: The Shotgun.

A: Why is that even a question?
" just answer"
" fine, Roast pork"

Q : Witch do you prefer? Day or Night?
A: Night.

A: Oh come on that's on my Fucking records.
"....."
"...."
"so yo....."
"fucking 20 okay, 20."

A: Okay I guess, I would love to know the reason behind not just giving us a fuck ton of grenades and going to town.

A: Really?... Ghost in the shell

A: Off it to be honest.

A: No

A: I couldn't give a crap, but some of the others don't like em so give them what they want i guess.

A: .....
"....."
"I don't have one okay"

A: roommates are nice,a bit quirky, but nice.

Q : Out of all your Family members, who would you say is your favorite of them? and how old is he?
A: Biological parents, 47 and 49. And before you ask, no i'm not going to tell you why.

"Thanks for your time Mr Cooper"
"so I can piss off from you suits now?"
"ye-"

Sound of door shutting.

OCC: Zombie if you don't want to RP for any reason feel free to reject/punch/do whatever to John.

Aristeus

As Jorn Lemonade picks up his egg sandwich, he sees Shaojie Zhang sitting alone at a table. He decides to walk up to him and sit down next to him.
"Ehmmm, hey." says Jorn

Shaojie turned his head toward Jorn, taking a moment to swallow the last bite he took.
"Good afternoon, ehm...", he tries to recall the young man's rank from training, "Squaddie."

"Lemonade, Squaddie Lemonade, You might remember me from the mission Burning Gift." He takes a small pauze and looks at Shaojie to see if he understands what Lemonade is talking about.
"You know... when you decited to join X-COM."

Shaojie smiled. "I thought I'd recognized you. Hell of a shot out there, you are."

"Thanks", Jorn said with a smile. "I heard the same about you." Jorn takes a quick look around and puts his focus back on Shaojie "Are you making any friends?" he asks before he takes another bite from his sandwich.

His question was met with a grunt. "I was starting to get the feeling I was being avoided." He lay down his cutlery and turned to his fellow soldier. "Doesn't help being made the only field officer, creating a separation of rank between everyone and myself."

Jorn was surprised by this answer, he swallowed his last bite and replied "I can't say that I know what you mean, but I don't think that's the reason", a small pause followed, "I think they are just a bit shy, I had a hard time with people in the beginning, but it's slowly starting to pick up.", Jorn says trying to reassure Shaojie.

After a short chuckle Shaojie looked back to his plate, cutting through part of his meal before pitching it onto his fork, letting it sit in front of his mouth, his eyes focussed on the food as he spoke. "So what were you before all this? I assume you know where I came from."

Looking at Shaojie's fork with the corner of his eyes Jorn says: "Actually no, or, well, a bit." He looks at his own sandwich on the plate. "I don't ask about the background of others. It's like the French Foreign Legion, background good or bad, you can join." Jorn puts his finger on his sandwich and starts moving it around the plate.
"And I like to believe that some people don't want to talk about it, so I don't pay much attention." Jorn takes his finger of his sandwich and moves his head toward Shoajie. who's still looking at his fork. "I did not do anything special before this, I just joined the Dutch army and I got promoted pretty fast. What about you if I may ask?

"I figure it's the suitcase I brought in. Bet they expected a bribe for the alien tech and when I said I wished to help fight a common enemy they practically slapped these stripes on me." He bites the food from the end of his fork and takes his time to chew. Once finished he continues, "But the Dutch army, huh? They still go to battle riding bicyles?"

Jorn laughs, "No, not on bicycles. I was sent to another country somewhere in the jungle. I did some technical support for the boats, we were next to a river." Jorn takes the last bite out of his sandwich, and swallows."That is what I kinda did. But like I said, good or bad, you can join X-COM. So that went pretty smooth for you."

With a shrug Shaojie dismissed the idea it went 'smooth'. "Running across a graveyard dodging plasma while I'm in a suit carrying a briefcase with valuable tech after turning my back on some of the most dangerous people in the world... Not exactly what I'd call smooth." He laughs and slaps Jorn on the back. "You did get me out of there unscathed, so I can't complain."

Jorn takes a breath of relief and says with a smile: "Heh, I didn't mean it like that, but I'm glad you're cool with it." He sits back a bit, "Turning your back on some of the most dangerous people", he says to himself. "I have a lot of respect for you."

"Good", Shaojie started, "here's to hoping the other soldiers are as open-minded as you." He raised his glass to Jorn.

Jorn raised his glass to Shaojie "Toast for more open minded soldiers and good luck." He stated.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
X-COM Surveillance Video #5555842-45477

Soldier Barracks, Corridor 5-B

Colin Weger approaches one of the doors. He looks briefly at a small memo-book, and glances at the room number. With a nod, he knocks on the door. A few moments later, the door opens, and Colin, previously looking at eye level, tilts his head down as Ayame Kasagi steps half way into the hallway, give him a questioning look.

"Oh, sorry to disturb you," Colin says, "I actually wanted to talk to Anna, is she here at the moment?"

With a nervous look, Ayame answers, "She is not here. Why? What you want with her?"

"Well, I recently met her at the shooting range and was wondering if she would join me for practice. I wanted to see if her skills have improved...I don't know if she mentioned me before...probably not, but regardless, let me introduced myself. My name is Colin Weger. To whom do I have the honour to be speaking to?"

Ayame narrows her eyes, and says, "Oh, I remember your name. Anna said you talk to her, told me to stay away from you. Why you want to practice with Anna? She said you married."

And confused look crosses Colin's face. "Stay away? Uh, well, yeah, its true, I have a wife and daughter back home, both of whom I love very much, but I don't see how that has anything to do with me wanting to practice with Anna. I just want to get to know her better as a frien...Oh, I see how it is. You have the wrong idea here. I just want to be a friend to everybody, which includes Anna. You can trust me, I'm a loyal husband, I have no reason to try anything with you girls. I'm sorry if you thought that way about me."

Ayame looks into Colin's eyes, as though trying to peer into his his mind. "Anna not telling me stay away because she is rude. She says I am overprotective. I say I meet many men saying they want to "just be friends", but I not meet many who not expect something more."

"Well, its true that there are many like that, and I respect your caution. I don't want to brag, but there is really only one like me. You know, I like you..." Colin hesitates for a moment, clarifying by saying "in a friendly way", flashing a smile. "Maybe we can hang out someday so I can earn your trust. And I promise I won't try anything with Anna or you. I'm a man of my word. Well, I don't want to bother you any longer, please tell Anna I wish her well, and the same goes for you" Colin starts to leave, but stops, turning his head and saying, "I'm sorry, but I don't believe I caught your name, Miss..."

Ayame's continues to look at Colin harshly for a moment, but then her gaze softens. She puts on a weak smile, and says, "Kasagi. Kasagi Ayame."

A releaved look on his face, Colin returns her smile, saying "Kasagi, beautiful name, well Kasagi its was nice meeting you." Colin smiles smiles one last time and heads back towards his room. Ayame watches him as he leaves for a moment before going back into her room.

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 3/18/15
Current rank: Recruit
Mission: Off duty

So I've FINALLY arrived at X-COM. Holy shit where do I start? I arrived in this time zone at around 0600 hours and landed around half past. The facility is huge! On top of that some of the tech they have here is so advanced that I feel sometimes like I'm on the deck of the Starship Enterprise. But my childlike wonder shifted when I realized what they were using most of this tech for. On my way up to the barracks I was shoved to the side by a group of people rushing through with an injured soldier on a stretcher. The sight of the injured man left me somewhat shaken, I mean if I was going to be enlisting in the armed forces I knew that the sight of grotesque injuries was something I was just going to have to get used to but I've been studying firearms for three years and I know of no weapon that could leave the kind of holes I saw in his armor. Rather then penetrating the guy's armor the projectile somehow melted through the armor and even severely burned his skin in the process! I passed a couple of other soldiers in the hallway, I had no idea what they were talking about but one of them brought up the subject of aliens at one point which made me shutter. The secrecy of this operation, the holes in that guy's armor, "Defending the planetary systems..."

You know what, seeing as though I'm not really needed at the moment and I still haven't adjusted my internal clock to the new time zone yet, I think I may need some rest.

Brycart

CLASSIFIED Video #2544-78921
Subject: Joel Freeman
Somewhere in Asia...

\\START\\
A shaky camera comes to life on screen, facing out the window of a military HUMVEE. Outside, desert flies bye as the vehicle speeds down a highway. The scorched remains of a house drift by; the camera turns. Joel comes into focus, hands on the steering wheel, wearing full combat gear. He begins humming and taps the wheel, as if to match a song...

"Somebody's happy today." says the man holding the camera.

"Mhm..." Joel responds, but he seems lost in thought.

"How long's it been?" the camera's owner asks.

"Hmm?" Joel glances towards the camera; he shakes his head when he spots it.

"How long has it been since you got to go home?" the cameraman asks.

"Let's see..." Joel ponders for a second. "It'll be 14 months next Wednesday."

"Wow, not sure if I could stay away that long."

Joel sighs, "You get used to it." Suddenly, he slams on the gas and the camera turns to face out the front window. Another HUMVEE has stopped and 2 Rangers step out. They signal for Joel's vehicle to stay put and walk towards the front of their's until they disappear.

"What's goin' on?" the camera man questions.

"Probably just a civilian vehicle on the road...shouldn't be a problem." Joel replies, but he doesn't seem convinced. A few more minutes pass and faint shouting can be heard.

There are several minutes of a heated exchange and then the soldiers come back into view. One holds his index finger up and spins it in a circle. "Regroup... we're Oscar Mike" he yells and steps back into his vehicle. To the left, a civilian's blue four door slowly passes by the convoy. As it comes alongside Joel's transport, a violent "BANG!" erupts as the vehicle explodes.

A few seconds of silence pass... "Holy shit!" the cameraman's voice is barely picked up. "What the fuck was that?"

"IED!" Joel yells, as he hops out of the vehicle. "Everybody alright?" A loud crack rips through the air. "Taking fire!" a soldier shouts, "Contacts to the Northeast!" "Return fire!"
\\END\\

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Journal entry 8#

Well, it's been a few days since the last mission and I did not watch the fee from the mission sight iv been thinking a lot about a few things,first things first my talk with Cailen.it was a good talk and it's great to no that this guy is my friend,but there's some thing from that conversation that sticks out of my mind,and that is to leave my old bounty hunting life and live a normal life, Well I gave this a lot of thought and maybe ill do that.

the next thing that chines women, I found her and gave her my apology's and she gave me a faint smile and tould me not to worry about it,now don't get me wrong were not friends but I would like to be her friend and just her friend nothing more,maybe ill talk to her in her native tong just to make her fell a little more comfortable around me, wow that sounded a lot creeper then I wanted it to be maybe I can talk to her through guns and by that I mean maybe challenge her to a shooting match for fun that could rebuild her reputation sigh i don't no ill try to talk to her in the mess hall or something,sigh ill try something.

End transmission

Teaslurper

John catches up to Ayame as she is leaving the cafeteria.

[JC] "Hey...Ayame right? Can you Gimme a second?"
[AK] "Do...do I know you?"
[JC] "nah..I'm john, I believe you beat the crap out of one of my sword wielding roommates."
*Ayame's face turns red, and she looks away.*
[AK] "I tell him I'm sorry. I did not mean to be so...forceful? No, um, so...what is word?"
[JC] "Ya forceful is the word your looking for"
*John smirks.*
[JC] "No problem, kinda wished I was there to see his ass being kicked. To be honest some of my roommates need a kick up the backside to realise that the aliens are a threat."
[AK] "You...shaken because enemy is aliens, too?"
[JC] "Well yeah, have you seen what those fuckers are using for weapons? I don't wanna be on the wrong end of that. why? are you not scared?"
[AK] "I...I was not told we would be fighting aliens. I not sure if they now this when they recruit me, but it is problem, um, I mean...worrisome. I admit, the tall aliens scare me, make me wonder how long they are on Earth, if I passed them on streets."
[JC] "when you put it like that it makes you wonder how much of chance we've actually got.... Ahem.. anyway i was here to ask you about the possibility of martial arts training in exchange for erm...."
*John winces*
[JC] "firearm training, I mean if you felt the need to of course"
*Ayame gives John an angry look, her eye twitching slightly.*
[AK] "I am not needing firearms training."
*After several moments of akward silence, her expression softens slightly. *

[AK] "however...if you see me practicing in gym, and would like to join me, I maybe give you some tips."
*John steps back with arms out in mock surrender*
[JC] "Thanks for the offer and sorry about the uh.. misunderstanding, I'm just going from what the others have said so no hard feelings, okay?"
[AK] "It is...okay. I need learn to appreciate offers, not get so offended. I...I am sorry I get mad."
[JC] "no problem."
*John turns to leave*
[JC] "oh by the way, about the weapons thing. I'm an ex weapons manufac...erm builder, so if need any tips on maintenance or setting up the sights and the like just head over to range. I'll be happy to help."
[AK] "I...will keep this in mind. Thank you."

PrismaCube

X-COM Soldier Survey

Soldier Name : Colin Daniel Alexander Weger
Surveyor Name : Samara Arcades

Hello Herr Weger, I have some Question here for you, If you could lend me your time, I would appreciate it.

Sure thing Miss. What are they for?

Its to Evaluate the Mental health of our soldiers, while also learning a bit about their personality. Now would you like me to go over them with you in German?

Thank you for the option but English is just fine.

Alright Herr Weger than let's get started.

Q&A Start

Q : What is your Favorite Color?

A : Well I would say Black, but since that ain't a Colour I will have to say Red.

A : German Shepard, always had one since I was a kid.

A : A Sniper is what I prefer, but Support is also fine.

A : Many, used to do archery and draw alot, back when I was a Kid I was riding my bike alot and was also addicted to the Computer, now its just shooting. At home I love playing with my daughter and cooking with my wife is also lot's of fun.

A : Yes, got two Sisters back in Germany, but I dont have alot of contact to them.

Q : Which one of X-Com's current weapons do you prefer?

A : Sniper Rifel.

A : Whatever come on the tabel is fine by me. I was tought not to be picky when it comes to food.

Q : Which do you prefer? Day or Night?

A : Night, its cool as in cold outside and I always loved the cold.

A : Fourty-one.

A : Well, I could do better, but I had over 20 years training in Tactics, as for the Commander, I barley talk to him so I don't know how long he trained for something like this. But I shoudnt brag, after all I'm just a Soldier.

A : The Star Wars series.

A : Home.

A : Like I said before I had German Shepherd's since my childhood.

A : I don't mind them at all. After all we are all just humans, there is nothing to hide.

A : Chess, played that alot in my childhood, technicly I tought myself to play.

A : Everybody here is a friend to me as I'm a friend to them.

Q : Out of all your Family members, who would you say is your favorite of them? and how old are they?

A : Sorry, I don't have a favorite, I love my family all equally.

Alright Herr Weger that is all for now, we will be doing more Surveys in the future, if you like to be participating in them, come see me again.

Hey thank you, sounds like fun. Have a pleasent day Miss.

-----------------Samara Arcades

Dahlexpert

X-COM solider survey

Solider name: Axton Van Dam

surveyor name: Miranda hill

Hello there Axton,my name is Miranda and I have a few questions for you today.

Um ok,so what are these questions for.

It's to evaluate the mental state of our solders,and to also understand there personality,shall we get started.

yea why not.

Q&A started

Q:What is your favorite color

A: Blue and red

------------------------------------------------------------

Q:What is your favorite animal

A: Wolves

-----------------------------------------------------------

Q:When you get promoted what for the first time, which one of the solider classifications would you want.

A:well i'm good with any weapon you give me, so it doesn't matter

------------------------------------------------------------------

Q:do you have any hobbies

A:Many,hunting drawing and photographer.

Q:do you have any brothers or sisters

A:Yes,one sister

Q:Which one of X-COM's weapons do you prefer.

A:Sniper rifle,assault rifle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Q:What is your favorite food.

A: Well I eat all most every thing,I was never relay picky.

Q:Which do you prefer? day or night.

A:Night,I us to love looking at the Alaskan sky at night it's more beautiful at that time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Q:How old are you.

A:Twenty six

----------------------------------------------------------------

Q:What do you think the Commanders tactics so far.

A: Hes doing good for now.

Q:What is your favorite movie

A: Pacific rim.

Q: If you could go any were in the world, were would it be.

A: Well I all ready been all over the world,and seen every thing on it.

Q:Did you ever own a pet.

A:yea a husky.

Q:What do you think of the co ed showers.

A:I think it's a cheap way to look at the women her naked.

Q:Do you have favorite bored game.

A: Um checkers

----------------------------------------------------------

Q:do you have any friends on base if so who.

A:Colin Wegger

--------------------------------------------------------

Q:Out of all your family members,who would you say is your favorite of them? and how old are they

A:my sister she is thirty three

----------------------------------------------------------

All right Axton were all done here, thank you for your time

any time doc,

Status
Not open for further replies.