X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGemini24601

I suppose I might need to take info from the previous pages soon, but I doubt Sarge won't give us any advance warning...I hope he will.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
(The funny thing is with the site being 'upgraded' to a new url, we'll need a new thread anyway, and if we post bios before that we'll have to copy them over or something. :p)
copy what over? the site upgrade wont effect anything anyone is doing. Everything transfers over.

DarkGemini24601

copy what over? the site upgrade wont effect anything anyone is doing. Everything transfers over.
Okay, I think we were all confused then...in that case, we don't need to worry about that in regards to starting, huh...
(Just need to give Zombie time to set up everything then.)

Dahlexpert

Wow, it's amazing how fast we came up with our own RP for X-COM. I can't believe it took a few days for us to come up with so much.

DarkGemini24601

Hmm...I'm considering whether to use the Inuktitut symbols when Atka uses her native language or whether to use the romanized version (aka alphabet pronunciation) to make it easier to understand. I could do both, but then it includes symbols, pronunciation, and often translation, so that's can get a bit bulky.

(Apparently google docs can't handle the symbols, so maybe I'll go with the syllabic version)

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

So I'm working on my soldier's previous combat experience...I need some sort of minor/major conflict that could have happened between 2015-2018 that she could have taken part in so her resume is more than just domestic operations and one international campaign against illicit trafficking in the Caribbean. (I will probably use two, so plenty of suggestions are welcome)

-No world war 3 please, that would be something we'd all have to figure out how we wouldn't have died of nuclear war xP and it probably would have changed the map too much anyway.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
So I'm working on my soldier's previous combat experience...I need some sort of minor/major conflict that could have happened between 2015-2018 that she could have taken part in so her resume is more than just domestic operations and one international campaign against illicit trafficking in the Caribbean. (I will probably use two, so plenty of suggestions are welcome)

-No world war 3 please, that would be something we'd all have to figure out how we wouldn't have died of nuclear war xP and it probably would have changed the map too much anyway.
The only thing I can think of is what is going on with ISIS right now so maybe a large scale terrorist attack like MW2 style at the airport.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Remember the golden rule of Metal Gear Solid conflict: As long as you skip at least a couple years into the future, and pay attention to current trends, you can make up what ever shit you want. (And when in doubt, nanomachines, but please no nanomachines. Or Wizards doing things. Or replicators. Or Spiral Power. Let's rely on good old fashion storytelling, and maybe a few Red Herrings, Checkov's Guns, Red shirts, and,if absolutely nessicary, a Deus Ex Machina. Just no blanket terms, please)

DarkGemini24601

Nearly done with Atka's initial information and background, just need to create those two fictitious operations and then her bio will be done. (Not including week prior to xcom and admission, that comes later.) Thank you for the suggestions, I shall keep that stuff in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.